FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > ‘Brexit is God-given opportunity for Britain’s financial rivals'

‘Brexit is God-given opportunity for Britain’s financial rivals'

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Donald Trump’s trade chief has urged Britain’s rivals to exploit the “God-given opportunity” of Brexit to take business away from the UK, it has been reported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-s-trade-chief-brexit-god-given-right-eu-a7495906.html

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

youre about 5 months late with that quote

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"youre about 5 months late with that quote "

Was it right then? Is it still relevant today? Is Brexit a golden opportunity for other countries to steal trade from us?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"youre about 5 months late with that quote

Was it right then? Is it still relevant today? Is Brexit a golden opportunity for other countries to steal trade from us?"

how do you steal trade?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Was it right then? Is it still relevant today? Is Brexit a golden opportunity for other countries to steal trade from us?"

I thought as a Hillary Clinton supporter and someone who despised Trump you disagreed with everything he said?

Cambridge

Was it right then? Is it still relevant today? Is Brexit a golden opportunity for other countries to steal trade from us?

I thought as a Hillary Clinton supporter and someone who despised Trump you disagreed with everything he said? "

That would be ridiculous, I agree or disagree with him depending on what he says, not just because he has said it. This however wasn't even said by trump.

"Donald Trump’s trade chief has urged Britain’s rivals to exploit the “God-given opportunity” of Brexit to take business away from the UK, it has been reported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-s-trade-chief-brexit-god-given-right-eu-a7495906.html"

Does anyone care what he says?

bournemouth

Three ways to lose trade.

1 you sell rubbish at too high a price

2 you sell good quality but at too high a price

3 you sell the right quality at a fair price but your service is rubbish.

People steal trade by undercutting you but that only lasts as long they they dont do either of the three above.

It aint rocket science

Cannock

I thought as a Hillary Clinton supporter and someone who despised Trump you disagreed with everything he said?

That would be ridiculous, I agree or disagree with him depending on what he says, not just because he has said it. This however wasn't even said by trump."

If it wasn't said by Trump then why take much notice of it? Trump will have the final say or tell his trade negotiator what type of deal he wants the USA to have with the UK.

I think its relevant because since he made that quote he has been appointed the trade chief.His appointment wasnt 5 mths ago...The article is 24 hrs old. Your nieve if you think Frankfurt and Paris dont view Londons slice of the financial pie with envy.

"I think its relevant because since he made that quote he has been appointed the trade chief.His appointment wasnt 5 mths ago...The article is 24 hrs old. Your nieve if you think Frankfurt and Paris dont view Londons slice of the financial pie with envy. "

And what the fook can he do about it?

"I think its relevant because since he made that quote he has been appointed the trade chief.His appointment wasnt 5 mths ago...The article is 24 hrs old. Your nieve if you think Frankfurt and Paris dont view Londons slice of the financial pie with envy.

I am guessing all finacial hubs will be trying to offer finacial incentives to draw finiacal institutions from London.

And what the fook can he do about it?"

"I think its relevant because since he made that quote he has been appointed the trade chief.His appointment wasnt 5 mths ago...The article is 24 hrs old. Your nieve if you think Frankfurt and Paris dont view Londons slice of the financial pie with envy.

I am guessing all finacial hubs will be trying to offer finacial incentives to draw finiacal institutions from London.

And what the fook can he do about it?"

And what the ...

No doubt Trump will be on board its just business.Policy is what the fook he can do.When he sits down with his boss.They both will get rich out of the uncertainty of brexit.

"No doubt Trump will be on board its just business.Policy is what the fook he can do.When he sits down with his boss.They both will get rich out of the uncertainty of brexit."

And what the fook...

Cannock

I am guessing all finacial hubs will be trying to offer finacial incentives to draw finiacal institutions from London "

Won't happen. With all the uncertainty in the EU over the next 12 months and the elections in France, Netherlands and Germany (which I think will deliver very difficult results for the EU) then Brexit will be nothing more than a minor irritation to the EU. The EU has much bigger problems afoot in 2017.

If we had stayed in the EU then the EU would've kept pushing for a financial transactions tax on the city of London to bleed us dry anyway (they had already been trying to push it onto us for ages). Better to get out and make our own way in the world, and the UK will look very stable compared to the turmoil the EU is going to be in next year.

I am guessing all finacial hubs will be trying to offer finacial incentives to draw finiacal institutions from London

Won't happen. With all the uncertainty in the EU over the next 12 months and the elections in France, Netherlands and Germany (which I think will deliver very difficult results for the EU) then Brexit will be nothing more than a minor irritation to the EU. The EU has much bigger problems afoot in 2017.

If we had stayed in the EU then the EU would've kept pushing for a financial transactions tax on the city of London to bleed us dry anyway (they had already been trying to push it onto us for ages). Better to get out and make our own way in the world, and the UK will look very stable compared to the turmoil the EU is going to be in next year. "

Uncertainty in the EU or Uk is always great for traders.You might be right that london wins the day.It wont be without a fight.

bournemouth

"I think its relevant because since he made that quote he has been appointed the trade chief.His appointment wasnt 5 mths ago...The article is 24 hrs old. Your nieve if you think Frankfurt and Paris dont view Londons slice of the financial pie with envy. "

The article might be 24 hours old, if you read it you will see he said it "days after the leave vote"

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Donald Trump’s trade chief has urged Britain’s rivals to exploit the “God-given opportunity” of Brexit to take business away from the UK, it has been reported.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/donald-trump-s-trade-chief-brexit-god-given-right-eu-a7495906.html

Does anyone care what he says?"

well... um.. yeah... since he would be the de facto person in charge of dealing with any potential trade deal...

and for those who said "well it will be all trump"... why would trump put forward his name for the role if he fundermentally disagreed with him...

so do trump people think we are still going to get a sweetheart deal when the chief is very much america first?

well... um.. yeah... since he would be the de facto person in charge of dealing with any potential trade deal...

and for those who said "well it will be all trump"... why would trump put forward his name for the role if he fundermentally disagreed with him...

so do trump people think we are still going to get a sweetheart deal when the chief is very much america first?"

We are not even out of the EU yet.

When we can do trade deals, I am sure that we can avoid shit ones.

So, yes, who cares?

bournemouth

so do trump people think we are still going to get a sweetheart deal when the chief is very much america first?"

Thats his job to put america first, and when we leave the eu we can put ourselves first instead of having to worry about the other 27 and what they all want

Cambridge

so do trump people think we are still going to get a sweetheart deal when the chief is very much america first?

So, yes, who cares?"

People who care about our economy, so obviously not Brexiters

So, yes, who cares?

People who care about our economy, so obviously not Brexiters "

And how can he affect our economy?

Cambridge

So, yes, who cares?

And how can he affect our economy?"

The Brexit economic model, is less trade with the EU, and more trade with the rest of the world. He represent the country with the biggest economy in the world. You seriously can't see the connection there?

So, yes, who cares?

The Brexit economic model, is less trade with the EU, and more trade with the rest of the world. He represent the country with the biggest economy in the world. You seriously can't see the connection there?

"

That would depend on the trade deal, would it not?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

So, yes, who cares?

That would depend on the trade deal, would it not?"

I have this vision of May, Johnson and Davis proudly holding a US/UK "free"(lol) trade deal and announcing "Brexit in our time," whilst smiling at the camera's like a bunch of incompetent half-wits looking to prove a very poor point.

Bonus points for anyone who can tell us how a US/UK free trade deal would benefit the UK.

» Add a new message to this topic