FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Pro EU Political Party

Pro EU Political Party

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ercury OP   Man  over a year ago

Grantham

Here's one to chew over.

Would a new Pro-EU Political Party stand a chance at the next General Election in 2020?

In theory, they already of 48% of the electorate on their side after the referendum. But would left and right remain voters be able to put their differences aside to fight on a common platform.

Would the fast changing political climate be able to support or foster such a party?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"Here's one to chew over.

Would a new Pro-EU Political Party stand a chance at the next General Election in 2020?

In theory, they already of 48% of the electorate on their side after the referendum. But would left and right remain voters be able to put their differences aside to fight on a common platform.

Would the fast changing political climate be able to support or foster such a party?"

Just be careful here...

48% of people voted to *stay* in the EU. Not that the EU is necessarily great, or that we should 're-join' if the chance occurred. I, personally a pro-EU, but it would depend really on what the rest of their policies are. Just saying 'pro EU' doesn't really tell me much. You'd end up with the same thing as UKIP... a party that campaigns for a single thing, then when they get it have no idea what to do with it.

I'm not entirely sure the UK's relationship with the EU would be repairable now in 2020 anyway. We'd have to do quite a bit to convince them that this brexit thing was all just a folly and we didn't mean any of it.

-Matt

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It took ukip 20 years or so.No doubt it will take the same for a pro EU party to reverse brexit.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Would the fast changing political climate be able to support or foster such a party?"

They would be in competition with them Lib dems who are already trying to cast themselves as the Remain party.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"

They would be in competition with them Lib dems who are already trying to cast themselves as the Remain party. "

Well they consistently have been, so I don't think there's any recasting.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"

They would be in competition with them Lib dems who are already trying to cast themselves as the Remain party.

Well they consistently have been, so I don't think there's any recasting."

Recast or not i can't see it working for them. If the EU referendum was decided on a constituency by constituency basis, it would have been a runaway victory for Leave.

There are other policies to consider. Even the dreaded UKIP did not take parliament by storm and that was with an even greater proportion. So the answer is a simple "No."

Barbados

Would the fast changing political climate be able to support or foster such a party?

There are other policies to consider. Even the dreaded UKIP did not take parliament by storm and that was with an even greater proportion. So the answer is a simple "No.""

Exactly. Neither UKIP (leave) or LibDems (remain) have gotten very far at all on that as a single issue. Then again LibDems haven't got very far even though they do have policies!

-Matt

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Basically the Labour party is pro EU so vote for them,anyway to late once we are out there is no going back

Just be careful here...

48% of people voted to *stay* in the EU. Not that the EU is necessarily great, or that we should 're-join' if the chance occurred. I, personally a pro-EU, but it would depend really on what the rest of their policies are. Just saying 'pro EU' doesn't really tell me much. You'd end up with the same thing as UKIP... a party that campaigns for a single thing, then when they get it have no idea what to do with it.

I'm not entirely sure the UK's relationship with the EU would be repairable now in 2020 anyway. We'd have to do quite a bit to convince them that this brexit thing was all just a folly and we didn't mean any of it.

-Matt"

48% voted not to leave. There is a difference...

Barbados

Just be careful here...

-Matt

48% voted not to leave. There is a difference... "

You are right, I stand corrected.

-Matt

» Add a new message to this topic