FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sky arts

Sky arts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been thinking about this since reading it on the BBC.

Should sky have pulled the Micheal Jackson show because it "highly offended" his daughter paris?.

Now I've no idea what the show contained but I'd have liked to have seen it, Jackson was very much a public figure and it's obviously difficult after his untimely death but I do feel sky should have stuck to their grounds and said we're sorry your offended but we are showing it!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

"I've been thinking about this since reading it on the BBC.

Should sky have pulled the Micheal Jackson show because it "highly offended" his daughter paris?.

Now I've no idea what the show contained but I'd have liked to have seen it, Jackson was very much a public figure and it's obviously difficult after his untimely death but I do feel sky should have stuck to their grounds and said we're sorry your offended but we are showing it!"

The only shows about mj that should be given airtime are those that paint him as the paedo bad father that he was

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've been thinking about this since reading it on the BBC.

Now I've no idea what the show contained but I'd have liked to have seen it, Jackson was very much a public figure and it's obviously difficult after his untimely death but I do feel sky should have stuck to their grounds and said we're sorry your offended but we are showing it!

The only shows about mj that should be given airtime are those that paint him as the paedo bad father that he was"

I disagree. I think before any show comes out a pretty much unbiased documentary or something has to come out- basically one which highlights his good and wrongdoings throughout his life.

Until that's aired out to the public, I presume he'll be a marmite figure. Certain groups will seek to paint him as a monster, others will seek to wrap him up in bubble wrap.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

What I find really amusing is how his daughter is upset that a white actor got her fathers part. Considering her father spent most of his adult life bleaching his skin in order to become white I would have thought she would have been pleased. Becuase, even if it was in death, her father had eventually got his wish.

It was a row over a white actor playing his part !

Seems sensible to me , he spent all his life trying to be white !

"It was a row over a white actor playing his part !

"

What happened to "Don't matter if you're black or what" dar dar dada dar da

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"

I actually saw a picture of feinnes in make up, he didn't look that far apart to me?.

I think you'd have struggled to find a black actor to look like Jackson in his later days just like you'd struggle to find a white actor that looked like him in his early days.

What I'm really not sure about is Pulling the show because of "offence" to an individual all be it his daughter

What happened to "Don't matter if you're black or what" dar dar dada dar da "

Exactly !!!

» Add a new message to this topic