FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Scottish indy / Labour have screwed themselves

Scottish indy / Labour have screwed themselves

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Right with today wee speech from the PM how do people now feel on Scottish independence since all of Scotland local areas voted remain and we clearly are not being listened to so it leaves no other option to fight for our independence agree ?

Also Labour have really screwed up when they said they would like to remain in the single market but wouldnt step in the way of article 50 being triggered so now where does that leave Labour will they just fold and let it happen ?

As for Scottish unionist parties its really embarrassing for them as all the leaders for the union parties in Scotland had said they want to remain in the single market now they are all left red faced i would love to hear what they tell the people of Scotland will they fight for Scotland being in the single market or get on board with indy or back the union at any cost ingoring the people they respresent.

Either way this so called equal partnership in the UK is dying.

Nothing wrong with being neigbours but everything is wrong with Westminster trying to control another country when it voted to remain and did not vote for the Tories

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Right with today wee speech from the PM how do people now feel on Scottish independence since all of Scotland local areas voted remain and we clearly are not being listened to so it leaves no other option to fight for our independence agree ?

Also Labour have really screwed up when they said they would like to remain in the single market but wouldnt step in the way of article 50 being triggered so now where does that leave Labour will they just fold and let it happen ?

As for Scottish unionist parties its really embarrassing for them as all the leaders for the union parties in Scotland had said they want to remain in the single market now they are all left red faced i would love to hear what they tell the people of Scotland will they fight for Scotland being in the single market or get on board with indy or back the union at any cost ingoring the people they respresent.

Nothing wrong with being neigbours but everything is wrong with Westminster trying to control another country when it voted to remain and did not vote for the Tories

"

Please Scotland go

The Council of Elrond

"Right with today wee speech from the PM how do people now feel on Scottish independence since all of Scotland local areas voted remain and we clearly are not being listened to so it leaves no other option to fight for our independence agree ?

Please Scotland go "

How very welcoming of you

"

I fully expect Scotland to leave the union now.You deserve better.Hoew long before another vote to leave?

By *ubble troubleCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"

Please Scotland go "

About the level of debate we are used to from most Brexiters on here. There are honourable exceptions.

"

Please Scotland go

About the level of debate we are used to from most Brexiters on here. There are honourable exceptions."

I for one would hate to see Scotland leave....

Andy

By *i_garyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"

Please Scotland go

About the level of debate we are used to from most Brexiters on here. There are honourable exceptions.

Andy"

Scotland won't be going anywhere. The SNP and some of their supporters will make a lot of noise but the silent majority will ensure nothing changes. Actually it won't even come down to that as there will be no referendum.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Just more bile will be flung and it will achieve nothing.

The longer time elapses until any vote, the longer the honeymoon period exposes failings.

Scottish independance and being in the EU could never happen. I don't know why they keep going on about it

The Council of Elrond

"

Please Scotland go

Andy

Scotland won't be going anywhere. The SNP and some of their supporters will make a lot of noise but the silent majority will ensure nothing changes. Actually it won't even come down to that as there will be no referendum.

"

See there is the big problem this is not about SNP or any party mean do you know there is more than one party that are pro indy ?

This about Scotland voting to remain part of the EU why should it not have a voice in it ?

If this is really a equal partnership then show me where you think Westminster is listening to Scotland's majority of 62% remember there will be no voters that voted remain that will be pissed off.

The Council of Elrond

"Scottish independance and being in the EU could never happen. I don't know why they keep going on about it"

Why cant it ? the EU leaders seem to be very welcoming to an independent Scotland replacing the UK as member state

Why cant Scottish independence happen ? Notice how the PM has not rule out a 2nd referendum as it would be very unwise of her to do that.

glasgow

"Scottish independance and being in the EU could never happen. I don't know why they keep going on about it"

Because the reality is it's nothing to do with the EU. The SNP just see this as a vehicle to go for independence. If you look at some of the positions they have taken previously you can hardly say they were strong Europhiles.

They know an indy Scotland wouldn't get in the EU and that's why they spent so much money fighting FOI requests last year to stop that information becoming public after they'd claimed they had advice showing otherwise

"

Please Scotland go

Andy

See there is the big problem this is not about SNP or any party mean do you know there is more than one party that are pro indy ?

This about Scotland voting to remain part of the EU why should it not have a voice in it ?

If this is really a equal partnership then show me where you think Westminster is listening to Scotland's majority of 62% remember there will be no voters that voted remain that will be pissed off. "

I'm absolutely in favour of another Scottish referendum and in any decision the Scottish make!.

But let's not be naive, that wouldn't be a vote to stay in the EU.... I've been through this with someone on here before, Scotland England Wales and Ireland don't technically exist as EU members or in any other way in reality except for sporting occasions and such.

Were all living in the united kingdom and your British.

glasgow

"

Please Scotland go

Andy

If this is really a equal partnership then show me where you think Westminster is listening to Scotland's majority of 62% remember there will be no voters that voted remain that will be pissed off. "

Any indy campaign will be run by the SNP with the Greens as their lapdogs.

As for listening to the majority's voice, why doesn't this seem to apply to the majority who voted no to independence?

The Council of Elrond

"Scottish independance and being in the EU could never happen. I don't know why they keep going on about it

Because the reality is it's nothing to do with the EU. The SNP just see this as a vehicle to go for independence. If you look at some of the positions they have taken previously you can hardly say they were strong Europhiles.

They know an indy Scotland wouldn't get in the EU and that's why they spent so much money fighting FOI requests last year to stop that information becoming public after they'd claimed they had advice showing otherwise"

There you go again ''SNP'' Do you know the Greens back a 2nd referendum if Scotland were to get dragged out ? So my question is why do you keep going after the SNP and no one else ?

Will you agree with me that the EU leaders have been saying an independent Scotland would be very welcome in the EU and replace the UK ?

glasgow

"Scottish independance and being in the EU could never happen. I don't know why they keep going on about it

They know an indy Scotland wouldn't get in the EU and that's why they spent so much money fighting FOI requests last year to stop that information becoming public after they'd claimed they had advice showing otherwise

There you go again ''SNP'' Do you know the Greens back a 2nd referendum if Scotland were to get dragged out ? So my question is why do you keep going after the SNP and no one else ?

Will you agree with me that the EU leaders have been saying an independent Scotland would be very welcome in the EU and replace the UK ? "

See post above

And of course I don't agree. The EU rules are very clear and an indepenent Scotland wouldn't meet them. List me 6 EU leaders that have said Scotland would be very welcome in the EU and would replace the UK. I bet you can't...

The Council of Elrond

As for listening to the majority's voice, why doesn't this seem to apply to the majority who voted no to independence?

the 2014 referendum has been respected it was a no vote but things have changed such as being told vote no and the EU would be safe in the UK and dont get me started on the amount of broken promises from the unionist parties.

Also the SNP had it in their 2015 manifesto if Scotland were to be dragged out of the EU it could trigger a 2nd referendum the people voted them and gave them a mandate why is that not being respected ? Why is the unionist parties in Scotland saying the SNP should take a 2nd referendum off the table ?

Am 100% if any of the unionist parties had won the Scottish elections and say they had tax raising in their manifesto and another part said they should take it off the table do you think they would ?

Fact is SNP are a pro indy party and they do have a mandate to look into a 2nd referendum

If you agree to a union you have to agree on the overhaul vote of the union.... It's exactly the same in the EU and that's how it should be.

If you don't like it don't get into a union

glasgow

"If you agree to a union you have to agree on the overhaul vote of the union.... It's exactly the same in the EU and that's how it should be.

If you don't like it don't get into a union"

Exactly.

What currency would Scotland use?

"What currency would Scotland use?"

Francs

I feel bad for Scotland, just to chime in.

And quite frankly I think you should have a second independence referendum because the Scottish people need to discuss which they prefer.

Government and input from Westminster or Brussels.

May might just cost Britain Scotland, many Scots seem to have atleast wanted access to the single market...can't blame them if it's a deal breaker.

That said, if the Scots choose to remain part of the Union, then pure independence will have been shot down for a while and that has to be accepted.

rUK pounds .

"What currency would Scotland use?.

rUK pounds .

"

nah we need em all

but what would be the value of a Scottish pound/sheckle?

glasgow

rUK pounds .

"

Can't use that if joining the EU.

rUK pounds .

nah we need em all

but what would be the value of a Scottish pound/sheckle? "

Well that's an interesting point!.

It depends on the arrangements for debt and fuel revenues.

The oil really is a non starter, all the oil fields were sold off decades ago, we (UK) don't make a great deal from them except a charge when brought ashore.

The gas fields though were never sold off and could be quite lucrative for a few decades (although gas is on its arse).

But like I say it would depend on how it's shared out?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Will you agree with me that the EU leaders have been saying an independent Scotland would be very welcome in the EU and replace the UK ? "

The EU leaders have not been welcoming to Scotland. In fact Spain said they would use their veto in the EU Parliament to block an independent Scotland joining the EU. Spain doesn't want Scotland in the EU because they fear it would be a green light for Catalonia to go for independence in Spain.

Cannock

"

What about all the people in Scotland who voted Leave, who hears their voice then? Over a million people voted Leave in Scotland, the Scottish Leave votes were enough to tip the overall uk vote over the winning line to make up the 52% of the whole of the UK who voted Leave.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"

Please Scotland go

Andy

If this is really a equal partnership then show me where you think Westminster is listening to Scotland's majority of 62% remember there will be no voters that voted remain that will be pissed off.

As for listening to the majority's voice, why doesn't this seem to apply to the majority who voted no to independence?"

Scotland voted to remain part of the UK.

The majority of the UK,voted to leave the EU.

Why is that so hard for the SNP to understand.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

What about all the people in Scotland who voted Leave, who hears their voice then? Over a million people voted Leave in Scotland, the Scottish Leave votes were enough to tip the overall uk vote over the winning line to make up the 52% of the whole of the UK who voted Leave. "

The hypocrisy of this statement is breathtaking

"

Please Scotland go

Andy

"

and I read somewhere the other day a third of the SNP wanted to leave the EU and they ALL know there is no chance of Scotland joining/remaining in the EU so its just a con to get another referendum

Cannock

They know an indy Scotland wouldn't get in the EU and that's why they spent so much money fighting FOI requests last year to stop that information becoming public after they'd claimed they had advice showing otherwise"

The former deputy leader of the SNP Jim Sillars backed Brexit during the EU referendum campaign. He said the SNP leadership (Sturgeon and Salmond) were living in fantasy/dream land if they think they can be an independent country inside the EU. You are either in a union with the UK (decisions taken in Westminster) or you are in a union with the EU (decisions taken in Brussels), if Nicola Sturgeon wants real independence for Scotland she should stop telling lies and be honest with the Scottish people. The only option for real independence for Scotland is to leave the UK and also leave the EU, then that would be real independence.

"

Please Scotland go

Andy

and I read somewhere the other day a third of the SNP wanted to leave the EU and they ALL know there is no chance of Scotland joining/remaining in the EU so its just a con to get another referendum"

Many SNP members voted to leave EU,

1,018,332 Leave votes

1,661,191 Remain votes

with a population of 5,295,000

Nicola Sturgeon says very little about the 1,018,332 Leave voters, especially when many of them "were" hardened SNP members

she needs to think very carefully before spouting her love of the EU, she may find many are turning their backs on her

I would prefer Scotland to remain part of our nation.

However, if the little Krankie wishes to stir it up, so be it.

She must know that the economics don't make sense and that there is no way that Scotland will remain part of the EU.

"I would prefer Scotland to remain part of our nation.

She must know that the economics don't make sense and that there is no way that Scotland will remain part of the EU. "

True

same as Trump will never win

Same as the leave vote will never win

never assume

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

She must know that the economics don't make sense and that there is no way that Scotland will remain part of the EU. "

She's already said that independence transcends the economy etc. Clearly when you have such a dogmatic position you don't care about the devastating effect it would have.

She must know that the economics don't make sense and that there is no way that Scotland will remain part of the EU.

True

same as Trump will never win

Same as the leave vote will never win

never assume"

I didn't say it couldn't happen. I said she must know. Different things.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

She's already said that independence transcends the economy etc. Clearly when you have such a dogmatic position you don't care about the devastating effect it would have."

Mmmmm, that reminds me of something else. What was it again, oh yes Brexit.

Oh the f*cking irony.

Temp 13 degrees in Scotland today, where has the winter gone? been like this all week

"

Please Scotland go

About the level of debate we are used to from most Brexiters on here. There are honourable exceptions."

I'm not a Brexiteer !

Tho I voted to Leave !

I'm an English Nationalist ! And Proud of it

Deep Fried Mars Bars

Scotland is part of the U k !

Why not settle this now !

All 4 countries vote , stay in the Uk of leave ?

By *hanedogMan  over a year ago

llanelli

as the british have been told from brussels if you make your decision you can not cherry pic. why do scotland think they can lol

"as the british have been told from brussels if you make your decision you can not cherry pic. why do scotland think they can lol

"

Exactly !

Cannock

She's already said that independence transcends the economy etc. Clearly when you have such a dogmatic position you don't care about the devastating effect it would have.

Mmmmm, that reminds me of something else. What was it again, oh yes Brexit.

Oh the f*cking irony. "

Brexit hasn't damaged the economy though. Since the EU referendum vote on June 23rd the UK economy has grown. Exports are up, tourism has increased, consumer confidence remains high with record spending levels from shoppers for Halloween 2016 and Christmas 2016, the FTSE 100 stock market closed on record highs and broke the record for 18 days in a row over Christmas and New year. The IMF said the UK was one of the best performing economies in the G7 last year. Basically the Remain campaigns Project Fear has been exposed for the steaming pile of scaremongering crap it was.

glasgow

"as the british have been told from brussels if you make your decision you can not cherry pic. why do scotland think they can lol

"

Scotland doesn't. Don't equate Sturgeon's words with Scotland (as Dimbelby has to repeatedly point out to SNP MP's on Question Time). Despite the large number of SNP MP's at Westminster it's an anomaly of the first past the post voting system. Despite having 56 out of 59 seats they only got half the vote.

Scotland doesn't. Don't equate Sturgeon's words with Scotland (as Dimbelby has to repeatedly point out to SNP MP's on Question Time). Despite the large number of SNP MP's at Westminster it's an anomaly of the first past the post voting system. Despite having 56 out of 59 seats they only got half the vote. "

A good advert for P R then

"Temp 13 degrees in Scotland today, where has the winter gone? been like this all week"
... This is not the end, this is not even the beginning of the end... It's just getting it's dander up for the start of the beginning!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

They will not leave because they could not get back into the EU they cannot just stay in.

Sturgeon is lying to the people if they think otherwise she is a very nasty peace of work

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

"

Brexit hasn't damaged the economy though. Since the EU referendum vote on June 23rd the UK economy has grown. Exports are up, tourism has increased, consumer confidence remains high with record spending levels from shoppers for Halloween 2016 and Christmas 2016, the FTSE 100 stock market closed on record highs and broke the record for 18 days in a row over Christmas and New year. The IMF said the UK was one of the best performing economies in the G7 last year. Basically the Remain campaigns Project Fear has been exposed for the steaming pile of scaremongering crap it was. "

The pound has tanked. Inflation is coming. uk science soon to be fucked. U.K. Universities soon to be fucked. Low regulation tax haven on its way which will fuck us. Trump will have his Tory chums open up the NHS to american pharma companies and a good chunk of the financial services will fuck off to New York, Dublin and Frankfurt.

Great that exports are up but I selling a few more Aston martins puts nothing in to my pocket. However more expensive food, clothes and petrol does hit me.

"

Brexit hasn't damaged the economy though. Since the EU referendum vote on June 23rd the UK economy has grown. Exports are up, tourism has increased, consumer confidence remains high with record spending levels from shoppers for Halloween 2016 and Christmas 2016, the FTSE 100 stock market closed on record highs and broke the record for 18 days in a row over Christmas and New year. The IMF said the UK was one of the best performing economies in the G7 last year. Basically the Remain campaigns Project Fear has been exposed for the steaming pile of scaremongering crap it was.

The pound has tanked. Inflation is coming. uk science soon to be fucked. U.K. Universities soon to be fucked. Low regulation tax haven on its way which will fuck us. Trump will have his Tory chums open up the NHS to american pharma companies and a good chunk of the financial services will fuck off to New York, Dublin and Frankfurt.

Great that exports are up but I selling a few more Aston martins puts nothing in to my pocket. However more expensive food, clothes and petrol does hit me.

"

Bet a rain cloud follows you, wherever you go

Cannock

"

"

Once again yet more predictions of doom from bitter remainers. Your predictions of doom for the last half of 2016 didn't come true so don't see why anyone should take any notice of you now. The pound actually saw it's biggest one day jump since the year 2008 yesterday during Teresa May's speech. Economic and trade experts are now saying a new deal with the USA will create thousands more jobs in the UK and increase our economic growth more. UK science is continuing to get the same levels of investment it had before the EU referendum vote. Same for UK universities. The IMF is predicting growth for the UK in 2017 and say the UK economy is performing better than expected.

The Council of Elrond

"

Once again yet more predictions of doom from bitter remainers. Your predictions of doom for the last half of 2016 didn't come true so don't see why anyone should take any notice of you now. The pound actually saw it's biggest one day jump since the year 2008 yesterday during Teresa May's speech. Economic and trade experts are now saying a new deal with the USA will create thousands more jobs in the UK and increase our economic growth more. UK science is continuing to get the same levels of investment it had before the EU referendum vote. Same for UK universities. The IMF is predicting growth for the UK in 2017 and say the UK economy is performing better than expected. "

How much did the Pound jump ? Was it only to what it was last week ? Yeah still very low and that is with the PM speech.

You must have some amount of trust in the Tories even though they have not managed to meet a single target since 2010. Also says alot when Nigel Farage is praising the PM speech saying she was using the words of what he has been saying. Well here in Scotland UKIP are not welcome and nor is the Tories and not one of them has a mandate in Scotland.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"

...... The pound actually saw it's biggest one day jump since the year 2008 yesterday during Teresa May's speech. ..............."

It was at 1.23 on Sunday and it is at the same level as we speak now.

It dropped to 1.21 on Sunday night over uncertainty about PM Mays speech and gained 3 cents yesterday to finish at 1.24 as a result of PM May providing some certainty AND Buffoon Trump announcing that America was being damaged because its currency was too strong.

This morning, the GBP fell back a cent to 1.23 on European (and Scottish) reaction to the speech and we will see what happens in three hours when America wakes up.

The far right on these forums are like a cult worshipping farage,trump and putin.They think their time has come.Its just baseless opinions and empty rhetoric.Keep smiling .Its all bullshit.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"The far right on these forums are like a cult worshipping farage,trump and putin.They think their time has come.Its just baseless opinions and empty rhetoric.Keep smiling .Its all bullshit."

Not much fun being on the left and a remainer at the minute!

"The far right on these forums are like a cult worshipping farage,trump and putin.They think their time has come.Its just baseless opinions and empty rhetoric.Keep smiling .Its all bullshit.

Not much fun being on the left and a remainer at the minute!

"

Oh contraire its always fun.You just need to have some perspective. Its all good.

"

Once again yet more predictions of doom from bitter remainers. Your predictions of doom for the last half of 2016 didn't come true so don't see why anyone should take any notice of you now. The pound actually saw it's biggest one day jump since the year 2008 yesterday during Teresa May's speech. Economic and trade experts are now saying a new deal with the USA will create thousands more jobs in the UK and increase our economic growth more. UK science is continuing to get the same levels of investment it had before the EU referendum vote. Same for UK universities. The IMF is predicting growth for the UK in 2017 and say the UK economy is performing better than expected.

How much did the Pound jump ? Was it only to what it was last week ? Yeah still very low and that is with the PM speech.

You must have some amount of trust in the Tories even though they have not managed to meet a single target since 2010. Also says alot when Nigel Farage is praising the PM speech saying she was using the words of what he has been saying. Well here in Scotland UKIP are not welcome and nor is the Tories and not one of them has a mandate in Scotland. "

You are aware the Tories done much better than Labour, Lib Dems & Greens in Scotland

so why say the Tories are not welcome, seems Ruth Davidson is walking all over Kezia Dugdale which is an easy bloody task, both kezia dugdale & Jim Murphy were the down fall of Labour in Scotland

"

"

Can you tell me why you think the pound should be valued higher than the US dollar the Euro the yen and the yuan?.

That question goes to anyone really that thinks the pound is to low

"

Can you tell me why you think the pound should be valued higher than the US dollar the Euro the yen and the yuan?.

That question goes to anyone really that thinks the pound is to low"

good question. The Euro is worth 1.95 DEM

The Council of Elrond

"

You must have some amount of trust in the Tories even though they have not managed to meet a single target since 2010. Also says alot when Nigel Farage is praising the PM speech saying she was using the words of what he has been saying. Well here in Scotland UKIP are not welcome and nor is the Tories and not one of them has a mandate in Scotland.

You are aware the Tories done much better than Labour, Lib Dems & Greens in Scotland

so why say the Tories are not welcome, seems Ruth Davidson is walking all over Kezia Dugdale which is an easy bloody task, both kezia dugdale & Jim Murphy were the down fall of Labour in Scotland"

Are you aware the Scottish Tories only got 22% they are less popular than Maggie Thatcher who got 24% so nothng to really worry about Scotland rejects the Tories and they dont have a mandate in Scotland

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"

so why say the Tories are not welcome, seems Ruth Davidson is walking all over Kezia Dugdale which is an easy bloody task, both kezia dugdale & Jim Murphy were the down fall of Labour in Scotland

Are you aware the Scottish Tories only got 22% they are less popular than Maggie Thatcher who got 24% so nothng to really worry about Scotland rejects the Tories and they dont have a mandate in Scotland "

When I looked last, Scotland was still part of the UK and the present Government of the UK was being held by the elected Conservative party. So what part of "mandate" are you having trouble with?

"

That question goes to anyone really that thinks the pound is to low

good question. The Euro is worth 1.95 DEM "

Historically the pound was the world reserve currency for over 200 years until ww2 .

It's been steadily falling in value against the German mark since ww2 going from about 20 marks down to about 2 when the euro came in, that's called the difference in trade, it steadily fell against the dollar, it steadily fell against the yen.

However it held pretty much parity with the French franc since ww2 gained against the lira the peseta the drachma.

For 30 years it only really held value against the bigger economies because it paid more interest.

There is no real reason with current global interest rates why the UK pound should buy more

I know that kinda annoys people who like to go on foreign holidays but that's just economics.

If you really want the value to go up, you need to export more!

Why cant it ? the EU leaders seem to be very welcoming to an independent Scotland replacing the UK as member state

Why cant Scottish independence happen ? Notice how the PM has not rule out a 2nd referendum as it would be very unwise of her to do that. "

Simple answer:

Scotland get more per capita than any oth the other uk nations.

Scotland cannot afford it.

and finally Spain would never agree to Scotland joining and have already said so on more than one occassion mainly due to the separatists in their country.

So yes, leave if that is what Scotland wants to do as that is their right to choose.

"

Are you aware the Scottish Tories only got 22% they are less popular than Maggie Thatcher who got 24% so nothng to really worry about Scotland rejects the Tories and they dont have a mandate in Scotland "

Remind me????

How many seats did Tories win??

go back and have a look, still think Scotland rejects the Tories

is that a more or less rejection than Labour, Lib Dems, Greens

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 18/01/17 16:12:20]

The Council of Elrond

"[Removed by poster at 18/01/17 16:12:20]"

Yup Scotland rejects the Tories name one time Scotland have voted to have a Tory government ?

What you see is Labour voters jumping ship and voting Tory where else do you think the Tories got their 22% in Scotland ?

"[Removed by poster at 18/01/17 16:12:20]

Yup Scotland rejects the Tories name one time Scotland have voted to have a Tory government ?

What you see is Labour voters jumping ship and voting Tory where else do you think the Tories got their 22% in Scotland ? "

Nicola Sturgeon best tread very carefully or she will soon be in second place to Ruth Davidson, things are changing and if you cannot recognise that then you need to open your eyes.

I am a SNP member but will not be renewing membership, don't even think I will vote in next election, but as SNP loses votes, puts up council tax and shouts for us to stay in Europe the Tory vote will grow

"They will not leave because they could not get back into the EU they cannot just stay in.

Sturgeon is lying to the people if they think otherwise she is a very nasty peace of work"

I agree. I wouldn't want to take her on in a scrap!

The Council of Elrond

What you see is Labour voters jumping ship and voting Tory where else do you think the Tories got their 22% in Scotland ?

Nicola Sturgeon best tread very carefully or she will soon be in second place to Ruth Davidson, things are changing and if you cannot recognise that then you need to open your eyes.

I am a SNP member but will not be renewing membership, don't even think I will vote in next election, but as SNP loses votes, puts up council tax and shouts for us to stay in Europe the Tory vote will grow"

And pigs can fly eh? Ruth Davidson for FM eh ? Well i seriously doubt that hell Ruth didnt even want to win the Scottish elections in 2016 she fought for 2nd place.

Losing votes ? Erm do you mean they lost their majority is that what you mean ? They lost their majority by 2 votes and for the first time ever in the Scottish parliament the SNP managed to get over a million voters to vote for them.

See now that is wrong the SNP have not put up council tax in the draft budget they said they would allow local councils to raise council tax and Labour council in Glasgow have said they will raise council tax.

I am a SNP member but will not be renewing membership, don't even think I will vote in next election, but as SNP loses votes, puts up council tax and shouts for us to stay in Europe the Tory vote will grow

And pigs can fly eh? Ruth Davidson for FM eh ? Well i seriously doubt that hell Ruth didnt even want to win the Scottish elections in 2016 she fought for 2nd place.

Losing votes ? Erm do you mean they lost their majority is that what you mean ? They lost their majority by 2 votes and for the first time ever in the Scottish parliament the SNP managed to get over a million voters to vote for them.

See now that is wrong the SNP have not put up council tax in the draft budget they said they would allow local councils to raise council tax and Labour council in Glasgow have said they will raise council tax.

"

View it as you will, but I am not the only SNP member walking away from the SNP, due to council tax increases, there _iews on keeping us in EU, new gun laws and various changes they have sneaked in through the years

I no longer see the SNP as the way ahead and I along with others will not be voting for them next time round unless they change their ways quickly

The Council of Elrond

View it as you will, but I am not the only SNP member walking away from the SNP, due to council tax increases, there _iews on keeping us in EU, new gun laws and various changes they have sneaked in through the years

I no longer see the SNP as the way ahead and I along with others will not be voting for them next time round unless they change their ways quickly"

Right how can you blame the SNP for council tax increases ? I dont understand you on that one as the SNP have frozen the council tax since 2007 that means no increases. IN the draft budget the SNP made it clear the local councils will be able to have the power to say if they want to increase council tax and Labour are doing just that and thats the SNP fault i dont get you with that one.

glasgow

Right how can you blame the SNP for council tax increases ? I dont understand you on that one as the SNP have frozen the council tax since 2007 that means no increases. IN the draft budget the SNP made it clear the local councils will be able to have the power to say if they want to increase council tax and Labour are doing just that and thats the SNP fault i dont get you with that one. "

Yes you can blame the SNP for council tax increases. They're reducing council budgets by over £400 million pounds this year, forcing them to find the income from elsewhere.

All this is being done at a time that the Scottish govt's income is increasing and depsite their rants about 'tory cuts' their budget is higher than it's ever been. It will also increase by a massive £900m in the new financial year. Incredible that they're cutting council budgets.

The Council of Elrond

Right how can you blame the SNP for council tax increases ? I dont understand you on that one as the SNP have frozen the council tax since 2007 that means no increases. IN the draft budget the SNP made it clear the local councils will be able to have the power to say if they want to increase council tax and Labour are doing just that and thats the SNP fault i dont get you with that one.

Yes you can blame the SNP for council tax increases. They're reducing council budgets by over £400 million pounds this year, forcing them to find the income from elsewhere.

All this is being done at a time that the Scottish govt's income is increasing and depsite their rants about 'tory cuts' their budget is higher than it's ever been. It will also increase by a massive £900m in the new financial year. Incredible that they're cutting council budgets."

So what about Labour councils in North Lanarkshire being investigated over fraud or the Falkirk Labour run council handing over tax payers money to fund an orange order march is that money well spent ?

May elections in Scotland will soon come and then we will see who the people trust with their councils.

Also i will not even be shocked if Labour and the Tories were doing backhand deals to try and keep the SNP out of the councils. Labour in Scotland will never learn.

Cannock

"

You must have some amount of trust in the Tories even though they have not managed to meet a single target since 2010. Also says alot when Nigel Farage is praising the PM speech saying she was using the words of what he has been saying. Well here in Scotland UKIP are not welcome and nor is the Tories and not one of them has a mandate in Scotland. "

Scotland have a ukip MEP don't they, and it was the people of Scotland who put him in the EU parliament at the last European MEP elections. As for the Tories, well they have the same amount of MP's in Scotland as Labour, which is 1 each.

glasgow

All this is being done at a time that the Scottish govt's income is increasing and depsite their rants about 'tory cuts' their budget is higher than it's ever been. It will also increase by a massive £900m in the new financial year. Incredible that they're cutting council budgets.

So what about Labour councils in North Lanarkshire being investigated over fraud or the Falkirk Labour run council handing over tax payers money to fund an orange order march is that money well spent ?

May elections in Scotland will soon come and then we will see who the people trust with their councils.

Also i will not even be shocked if Labour and the Tories were doing backhand deals to try and keep the SNP out of the councils. Labour in Scotland will never learn.

"

It would be nice if you at least acknowledged or addressed the point we were discussing before moving on. You agree that the Scottish Government's budget is higher than ever and they are making massive cuts to local authorities?

The Council of Elrond

"

Scotland have a ukip MEP don't they, and it was the people of Scotland who put him in the EU parliament at the last European MEP elections. As for the Tories, well they have the same amount of MP's in Scotland as Labour, which is 1 each. "

Yup and not one of them have a mandate in Scotland.

Has anyone heard wee fluffy Mundell today ? Its a cracker now just remember this is suppose to be the Scottish Secretary and when asked Aren’t you a Scottish Secretary to defend the interests of the Scottish people in cabinet?” David Mundell replied - “No’’ LMAO

and you wonder why people in Scotland are calling them branch offices as they answer to their UK parties to hell with Scottish people.

» Add a new message to this topic