FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Manning and Assange

Manning and Assange

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ercury OP   Man  over a year ago

Grantham

Now that BO is commuting Chelsea Manning's jail sentence, will Assange do as he promised and return to the USA?

Somehow, I doubt it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought it was Sweden that he was wanted by?

Grantham

"I thought it was Sweden that he was wanted by?"

Assange tweeted out recently that if Manning was shown clemency, he would allow himself to be extradited to the USA.

I just heard assanges lawyer on the radio. He said that America wanted him on charges of conspiring with manning. Now that her sentence has been commuted, he has no charge to answer. Don't know the legal intricacies of that. But an interesting twist all the same

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I thought it was Sweden that he was wanted by?"

it is....

the swedes want him under the european arrest warrent for rape (basically non consent because he didn't use a condom)

the reason why assange refuse to go is that he fears being extridited from Sweden to the US because of the publishing of the papers (not the stuff actually relating to chelsea manning as such, but more to do with the fact he released the files unredacted which put the lives of hundreds of agents in danger)

if the US did want him the uk and the us have an extridition agreement.... they have never submitted an application

anyway he said that on twitter... lets see if he is a man of his word.... quick spoiler... he isn't!

"I thought it was Sweden that he was wanted by?

it is....

the swedes want him under the european arrest warrent for rape (basically non consent because he didn't use a condom)

the reason why assange refuse to go is that he fears being extridited from Sweden to the US because of the publishing of the papers (not the stuff actually relating to chelsea manning as such, but more to do with the fact he released the files unredacted which put the lives of hundreds of agents in danger)

if the US did want him the uk and the us have an extridition agreement.... they have never submitted an application

anyway he said that on twitter... lets see if he is a man of his word.... quick spoiler... he isn't!"

...a man of his word...interesting concept..do you mean like the new president....who used to be a democrat,who's gonna get a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary,build a wall/fence,and start deporting illegal immigrants on his first day in office?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

it is....

anyway he said that on twitter... lets see if he is a man of his word.... quick spoiler... he isn't!

...a man of his word...interesting concept..do you mean like the new president....who used to be a democrat,who's gonna get a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary,build a wall/fence,and start deporting illegal immigrants on his first day in office? "

I think it is clear from my past postings I didn't vote for the next president.....

and before my "fans" storm in... I didn't vote for the democratic candidate in the democratic primaries either.....

but i am sure they will be on this thread soon enough...

I am actually just a bit disappointed that the president did commute the chelsea manning but didn't do anything in regards to edward snowdon.....

it is....

...a man of his word...interesting concept..do you mean like the new president....who used to be a democrat,who's gonna get a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary,build a wall/fence,and start deporting illegal immigrants on his first day in office?

I think it is clear from my past postings I didn't vote for the next president.....

and before my "fans" storm in... I didn't vote for the democratic candidate in the democratic primaries either.....

but i am sure they will be on this thread soon enough...

I am actually just a bit disappointed that the president did commute the chelsea manning but didn't do anything in regards to edward snowdon..... "

......I have no idea about your previous postings tbh. But to suggest someone should keep their word and surrender themselves to the incoming administration, is quite frankly ludicrous. Personally I wouldn't go there on holiday, never mind under threat of sanctions.

I'm impressed that Obama commuted Manning's sentence. I certaintly didn't think he would. His administration took a very hard line against government whistleblowers and I'm pretty interested in what this move says about his personal feelings on the matter.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

I wondered if he would do anything for Bowe Bergdahl who caused a DUSTWUN when he left his post in Afghan and got captured and held for years.

Would Trump pardon himself? Apparently Nixon almost did it.

"I just heard assanges lawyer on the radio. He said that America wanted him on charges of conspiring with manning. Now that her sentence has been commuted, he has no charge to answer. Don't know the legal intricacies of that. But an interesting twist all the same "

Manning wasn't pardoned. Manning's sentence was commuted. Doesn't it mean the charge stands or the crime was still committed?

"I just heard assanges lawyer on the radio. He said that America wanted him on charges of conspiring with manning. Now that her sentence has been commuted, he has no charge to answer. Don't know the legal intricacies of that. But an interesting twist all the same

Manning wasn't pardoned. Manning's sentence was commuted. Doesn't it mean the charge stands or the crime was still committed? "

....I didn't quite catch allthe iinterview, but he said that Manning got his sentence commuted under the presidential pardon order. .or something to that effect.

If he has any sense he should wait until Manning is released.

Grantham

It's Obama playing mischief before he goes.

He's reacting to Assange's promise to return to the USA if Manning got clemency. She's now going to get that, so now down to Assange to keep his promise and give Trump a huge problem

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"It's Obama playing mischief before he goes.

He's reacting to Assange's promise to return to the USA if Manning got clemency. She's now going to get that, so now down to Assange to keep his promise and give Trump a huge problem"

Why would it cause trump a problem?

Grantham

"It's Obama playing mischief before he goes.

He's reacting to Assange's promise to return to the USA if Manning got clemency. She's now going to get that, so now down to Assange to keep his promise and give Trump a huge problem

Why would it cause trump a problem? "

Having one of the World's most loved/hated people land on your shores is always going to cause a problem.

Will there be charges? A show trial? More secrets to be laid bare?

The American media react to anything and everything, and with DT managing to offer an opinion on most things, this is the last problem that DT wanted in his first year.

He's not handing himself in.

"I just heard assanges lawyer on the radio. He said that America wanted him on charges of conspiring with manning. Now that her sentence has been commuted, he has no charge to answer. Don't know the legal intricacies of that. But an interesting twist all the same

Manning wasn't pardoned. Manning's sentence was commuted. Doesn't it mean the charge stands or the crime was still committed? "

Quite. Manning is still guilty. It is the sentence that has been commuted.

"Now that BO is commuting Chelsea Manning's jail sentence, will Assange do as he promised and return to the USA?

Somehow, I doubt it."

If you think about it why would he trust any government that he's exposed as untrustworthy?

"Now that BO is commuting Chelsea Manning's jail sentence, will Assange do as he promised and return to the USA?

Somehow, I doubt it.

If you think about it why would he trust any government that he's exposed as untrustworthy?"

True. But he should have just shut up and not made any quid pro quo statements, then. He offered himself up with his own words and now he'll likely backtrack.

Somehow, I doubt it.

If you think about it why would he trust any government that he's exposed as untrustworthy?

True. But he should have just shut up and not made any quid pro quo statements, then. He offered himself up with his own words and now he'll likely backtrack. "

He already had back tracked.

He only said it on twitter, not like anyone can legally enforce that.

"He's not handing himself in. "

He would be really stupid to hand himself in would be just like putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger

"He's not handing himself in.

He would be really stupid to hand himself in would be just like putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger "

It's unlikely the government would trust assange either to hand himself in.

Obama said he doesn't look at assanges tweets, i bet he does secretly though.

Grantham

He would be really stupid to hand himself in would be just like putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger

Obama said he doesn't look at assanges tweets, i bet he does secretly though."

He has a secret service to do that for him. Another 24 hours and it won't be his problem

Obama said he doesn't look at assanges tweets, i bet he does secretly though."

....you put trust and government in the same sentence . What on earth were you thinking?

Obama said he doesn't look at assanges tweets, i bet he does secretly though.

He has a secret service to do that for him. Another 24 hours and it won't be his problem"

Imagine having to look through twitter for your job. Must be one of the most tedious jobs ever.

Obama said he doesn't look at assanges tweets, i bet he does secretly though.....you put trust and government in the same sentence . What on earth were you thinking? "

Lol. Appropriately though, by saying not to.

Obama said he doesn't look at assanges tweets, i bet he does secretly though.....you put trust and government in the same sentence . What on earth were you thinking?

Lol. Appropriately though, by saying not to. "

» Add a new message to this topic