FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Donald Trump's UK state visit

Donald Trump's UK state visit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Donald Trump's state visit to the UK is expected to be debated in Parliament after senior Conservatives joined some other whingers calling for it to be cancelled

they say 900,000 whingers have signed the petition to stop Trump visiting the Queen

that means 64, 434, 424 of the UK population are either still very happy with this visit or don't give a shit

are you a whinger that doesn't want to see him visit, or are you with the vast majority of the UK population who are happy with the visit?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

OK with me....we've had other heads of state visit who's principles we don't agree with.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Love Donald trump and looking forward to seeing him visit the uk and the queen.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

I'm very happy for Donald Trump to visit the UK. The hypocrites who are moaning about it seemed very happy to roll out the red carpet when the leader of China visited here, and China has a far worse record on human rights than the USA/Trump.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Let him come but May needs to speak out and let him know we don't condone his behaviour or policies.

"I'm very happy for Donald Trump to visit the UK. The hypocrites who are moaning about it seemed very happy to roll out the red carpet when the leader of China visited here, and China has a far worse record on human rights than the USA/Trump. "

Where they? You're saying that people against Trump condone the Chinese anti human rights issues. Bollocks!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

whilst i agree with the reasons behind the petition i think its a pointless exercise, he's been invited by the PM as a head of state so it will go ahead..

if as many people actually protest as have signed then that may have an effect but he is not the type to listen it appears..

"Let him come but May needs to speak out and let him know we don't condone his behaviour or policies.

"

Personally i dont see why.

Countries stick their noses into others business way too much.

in Lancashire

"I'm very happy for Donald Trump to visit the UK. The hypocrites who are moaning about it seemed very happy to roll out the red carpet when the leader of China visited here, and China has a far worse record on human rights than the USA/Trump. "

your wrong in assuming what you say, there were many people protesting against the Chinese head of states visit..

in Lancashire

"Love Donald trump and looking forward to seeing him visit the uk and the queen."

ah how sweet..

"Let him come but May needs to speak out and let him know we don't condone his behaviour or policies.

Countries stick their noses into others business way too much."

Because we have a "special relationship" and you don't have that with someone if their policies go against everything that this country is against.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"I'm very happy for Donald Trump to visit the UK. The hypocrites who are moaning about it seemed very happy to roll out the red carpet when the leader of China visited here, and China has a far worse record on human rights than the USA/Trump.

Where they? You're saying that people against Trump condone the Chinese anti human rights issues. Bollocks!"

I think what he means is that they didn't condemn it nor petition against it.

Shami Chakribarti was on the radio this morning saying that we should ban Tramp's state visit, the interviewer reeled off a whole host of other nations who had had state visits who have somewhat dubious policies, plus states who ban Israelis and asked if she would seek to ban them from visiting the UK.... She couldn't give a straight answer.

Then he pointed out that Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness shook hands with the Queen, and that Corbyn had invited them and others here.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

I was shocked to discover Sir Mo Farah is technically banned from going to America....

Although he's now been given an exemption

1; Visiting the USA is a "privilege" granted to other countries of the world from the people of the USA, it is not a god dam right. This "Privilege" has been rightly evoked for 3 months until correct legislations are put in place and once in place, anyone who applies for entry will be vetted and if and only if deemed suitable, they will then be invited by privilege to enter under the new conditions

2; These Countries were not hand picked by Trump, these countries were selected by OBAMA in 2015 so why are so many uptight and think Trump chose these countries??? Obama signed into law a measure placing limited restrictions on certain travelers who had visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria, he then later added Libya, Somalia, and Yemen and Obama said the reason for this was to protect the USA from the growing threat of foreign terrorist fighters, this was OBAMA !!! not Trump

Trump then added the 3 month ban on entry until correct paperwork was put in place, what is wrong with that? the main problem is "Visa Waiver" travel, it is up to every single one of us traveling to a country to ensure our entry paperwork is in order.

3; travel restrictions were already in place from those seven countries, Trump has just taken an extra precaution to help increase the safety of U.S. citizens

4; Has everyone forgotten that initial terrorism grew from the actions of Bush and at the same time our UK Labour Prime minister Blair, the same Blair that is making a fortune from World peace talks, I think the people of the UK should be taking action against Blair and not spitting the dummy out with Trump

5; perhaps most cannot deal with the fact that the USA now has a great American now at head of state as president and of course a great "Scot" too

in Lancashire

his policy is the same as putting a curfew on all 18 year old's in a town because one kicked off when they were hammered..

or banning all 50 year old men from driving as one killed someone by speeding..

or..

Because we have a "special relationship" and you don't have that with someone if their policies go against everything that this country is against."

I wouldn't say it goes against "EVERYTHING" now is it.

It goes against freedom of movement from certain countries, not too dissimilar to us now is it with Brexit

"his policy is the same as putting a curfew on all 18 year old's in a town because one kicked off when they were hammered..

or..

"

So?

was the policy okay before Trump added the 3 month ban

were you happy with the policy before the 3 month temporary ban?

you know; the one Obama set up

in Lancashire

"his policy is the same as putting a curfew on all 18 year old's in a town because one kicked off when they were hammered..

or..

So?

you know; the one Obama set up "

we all have the sovereign right to police who enters etc, that's by using intelligence as it was and is being done across the globe mostly..

not just a blanket ban which is only a fop to his core vote and unworkable as a policy long term, hence its only for 3 months..

that you started your response by saying 'so' speaks volumes about your lack of ability to apply reasoned logic to an issue..

maybe you should start a petition to ban all car drivers as some have killed innocent people..

"1; Visiting the USA is a "privilege" granted to other countries of the world from the people of the USA, it is not a god dam right. This "Privilege" has been rightly evoked for 3 months until correct legislations are put in place and once in place, anyone who applies for entry will be vetted and if and only if deemed suitable, they will then be invited by privilege to enter under the new conditions

2; These Countries were not hand picked by Trump, these countries were selected by OBAMA in 2015 so why are so many uptight and think Trump chose these countries??? Obama signed into law a measure placing limited restrictions on certain travelers who had visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria, he then later added Libya, Somalia, and Yemen and Obama said the reason for this was to protect the USA from the growing threat of foreign terrorist fighters, this was OBAMA !!! not Trump

Trump then added the 3 month ban on entry until correct paperwork was put in place, what is wrong with that? the main problem is "Visa Waiver" travel, it is up to every single one of us traveling to a country to ensure our entry paperwork is in order.

3; travel restrictions were already in place from those seven countries, Trump has just taken an extra precaution to help increase the safety of U.S. citizens

4; Has everyone forgotten that initial terrorism grew from the actions of Bush and at the same time our UK Labour Prime minister Blair, the same Blair that is making a fortune from World peace talks, I think the people of the UK should be taking action against Blair and not spitting the dummy out with Trump

5; perhaps most cannot deal with the fact that the USA now has a great American now at head of state as president and of course a great "Scot" too"

....the only problem with all those stats coming from trump's administration is,the administration,and trump himself tell so many lies,its hard to know what is fact and what is fiction.

or..

So?

you know; the one Obama set up

we all have the sovereign right to police who enters etc, that's by using intelligence as it was and is being done across the globe mostly..

not just a blanket ban which is only a fop to his core vote and unworkable as a policy long term, hence its only for 3 months..

that you started your response by saying 'so' speaks volumes about your lack of ability to apply reasoned logic to an issue..

maybe you should start a petition to ban all car drivers as some have killed innocent people..

"

why would I want to start a petition for car drivers

maybe you should keep your suggestions on what I should and shouldn't do to yourself

unless you wish to suggest them in person, feel free to mail me direct

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

Good news folks....65 million British didn't sign the petition.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Petition not to let someone into our country who doesn't let people into their country.

Anyone see the irony there?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Trump gets snubbed by the royals, or Queenie has to put up with the ghastly little man for a day...either way we win!

LONDON.

"Trump gets snubbed by the royals, or Queenie has to put up with the ghastly little man for a day...either way we win!

"

..who's we.?

"Trump gets snubbed by the royals, or Queenie has to put up with the ghastly little man for a day...either way we win!

"

That's ok if the queen don't want him to visit he can pop round mine for a coffee

Did you see loads of Americans trying to stop our prime minester visiting the states ?

He just worded it wrong that's all, of corse there will be exceptions to the ban

There was some politician grandstanding on the TV in the weekend saying how him and his missus are British iraque Muslims saying how he did not know if he would be able to travel to the states, he is an MP ffs so would get a visa

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"Love Donald trump and looking forward to seeing him visit the uk and the queen.

ah how sweet.."

Yes.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

That's ok if the queen don't want him to visit he can pop round mine for a coffee

Did you see loads of Americans trying to stop our prime minester visiting the states ?

He just worded it wrong that's all, of corse there will be exceptions to the ban

There was some politician grandstanding on the TV in the weekend saying how him and his missus are British iraque Muslims saying how he did not know if he would be able to travel to the states, he is an MP ffs so would get a visa "

I guess you missed the bit where it applies to visa holders and green card holders regardless?

-Matt

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

As fast as I can copy and past another 100 or 200 signatures get added...

Regardless of the visit going ahead or not donny spunkbubble must know that millions have signed the petition in the first hours and the rate it is being signed at. For a man with such a large and fragile ego that has got to smart.

No doubt he will be on twitter soon to tell us we are nothing and he is great.

There was some politician grandstanding on the TV in the weekend saying how him and his missus are British iraque Muslims saying how he did not know if he would be able to travel to the states, he is an MP ffs so would get a visa

I guess you missed the bit where it applies to visa holders and green card holders regardless?

-Matt"

Yes but that would be taken on a case by case basis

LONDON.

"1,185,284

Regardless of the visit going ahead or not donny spunkbubble must know that millions have signed the petition in the first hours and the rate it is being signed at. For a man with such a large and fragile ego that has got to smart.

No doubt he will be on twitter soon to tell us we are nothing and he is great."

....5,000 more signatures from the international space station.

Barbados

-Matt

Yes but that would be taken on a case by case basis "

OK, so my boss's father is an Iranian-born US resident (my boss was born in the US). He has lived in the US for about 40-50 years. He is due a trip overseas next month. Will he be allowed back in?

Or rather, how much time, effort and money will it take for him to establish whether he will or not? Considering the DHS are acting against the judgement of the courts... how is he meant to find out whether he will be allowed back in or not?

-Matt

moston

"5,000 more signatures from the international space station. "

It is worth having a look at the petition on the government webpage, if you click on the map link you can see how the signatures are distributed around the country constituency by constituency. It looks like the lack of love is pretty evenly spread across the country with a few spots of real loathing. London being one, but then its London he will be visiting so I can understand how many would not be over the moon about rolling out the red carpet to a sexual predator.

LONDON.

"5,000 more signatures from the international space station.

It is worth having a look at the petition on the government webpage, if you click on the map link you can see how the signatures are distributed around the country constituency by constituency. It looks like the lack of love is pretty evenly spread across the country with a few spots of real loathing. London being one, but then its London he will be visiting so I can understand how many would not be over the moon about rolling out the red carpet to a sexual predator."

..65.million didn't sign.

It is worth having a look at the petition on the government webpage, if you click on the map link you can see how the signatures are distributed around the country constituency by constituency. It looks like the lack of love is pretty evenly spread across the country with a few spots of real loathing. London being one, but then its London he will be visiting so I can understand how many would not be over the moon about rolling out the red carpet to a sexual predator."

Many simply do not understand what they are signing;

why are they signing up now, and not when Obama initially introduced the bill, and don't give us the fact that its because of the 3 month ban, crap,

reminds me of some man united supporters -

what team you support;

Man U

. why?

. eh dunno, everyone else supports

. you from Manchester

. eh no but they are a winning team so I will follow

lol

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Timothy McVeigh didn't need to go through passport control to detonate a truck bomb in Oklahoma killing and maiming hundreds of Americans.......

"1; Visiting the USA is a "privilege" granted to other countries of the world from the people of the USA, it is not a god dam right. This "Privilege" has been rightly evoked for 3 months until correct legislations are put in place and once in place, anyone who applies for entry will be vetted and if and only if deemed suitable, they will then be invited by privilege to enter under the new conditions

5; perhaps most cannot deal with the fact that the USA now has a great American now at head of state as president and of course a great "Scot" too....the only problem with all those stats coming from trump's administration is,the administration,and trump himself tell so many lies,its hard to know what is fact and what is fiction."

if "you" don't know if its "fact or fiction" then how do you know if it is a lie

Can't stand the man myself.

But he is welcome to come. We could delay him at border control check through. Love to see look on his face. He'd be soooo grumpy and outraged. When he finally get's past border control I hope it's wet and windy and his toupee' goes flying off or better still blows over to expose his balding head. Another look of sheer grumpiness on his grumpy face.

Barbados

"

why are they signing up now, and not when Obama initially introduced the bill, and don't give us the fact that its because of the 3 month ban, crap,

"

Oh, give up with the 'It's Obama's fault' crap. It isn't. It is something totally different. Just because Trump used the same countries on the list rather than coming up with his own doesn't mean it is the same act or anywhere near the same consequences.

One was a direct response to a specific event and required those travelling from the named countries to have further checks and a valid visa.

The other is a response to nothing in particular and is banning those even with visas and green cards with no notice, no proper planning, and no consultation with either the Department of Justice of the Department of Homeland Security.

-Matt

"

Oh, give up with the 'It's Obama's fault' crap. It isn't. It is something totally different. Just because Trump used the same countries on the list rather than coming up with his own doesn't mean it is the same act or anywhere near the same consequences.

One was a direct response to a specific event and required those travelling from the named countries to have further checks and a valid visa.

The other is a response to nothing in particular and is banning those even with visas and green cards with no notice, no proper planning, and no consultation with either the Department of Justice of the Department of Homeland Security.

-Matt"

come on Matt; you know as well as everyone else knows, this is very simply, only a temporary ban to enable time to ensure correct legislation is put in place to ensure correct procedures for visa & visa waiver

there is no problem with this and everyone should know entry into any Country is not a god given right

go back and read my points 1-5,

moston

"Many simply do not understand what they are signing;

what team you support;

Man U

. why?

. you from Manchester

lol

"

Steve I understand you have a hardon for the ultra right. although you are too shy to come right out and say it, many of us have worked out that you fancy yourself in a Hugo Boss black rubber coat strapping the 'enemies of the state' to a plank before immersing them head first in a bath of ice water then dragging them out just before they drown and in your best Boris Karloff voice telling them how they will tell you everything. We all know that you have a real boner for the Donald and his wall.

But please do those of us that have signed the petition the curacy of accepting that we know exactly why we want the political establishment to know we do not approve of their arse licking of the misogynistic, bigoted, climate change denying, egotistical sexual predator and would be torturer! And that all things being equal we don't want him in our country and definitely don't want to give him and his wandering little hands access to our queen and royal females in a state visit.

"Can't stand the man myself.

But he is welcome to come. We could delay him at border control check through. Love to see look on his face. He'd be soooo grumpy and outraged. When he finally get's past border control I hope it's wet and windy and his toupee' goes flying off or better still blows over to expose his balding head. Another look of sheer grumpiness on his grumpy face."

Actually better still Melania could get stuck at the gate as she has a dodgy passport LOL

moston

[Removed by poster at 30/01/17 13:50:43]

moston

Funny thing about the ban...

It's to save the USA from terrorist attacks...

There were 19 9/11 terrorists:

Saudi Arabia 15

United Arab Emirates 2

Egypt 1

Lebanon 1

But none of those countries are on the list.

By *funtimes.Man  over a year ago

Preston

"Funny thing about the ban...

Saudi Arabia 15

United Arab Emirates 2

Egypt 1

Lebanon 1

But none of those countries are on the list."

have to ask Obama about that, it's his list

LONDON.

"Funny thing about the ban...

Saudi Arabia 15

United Arab Emirates 2

Egypt 1

Lebanon 1

But none of those countries are on the list."

..how about the list Obama put together.

We've had far worse on these shores. I think Theresa May has the potential to be a great leader, especially at such a pivotal time but she needs to take a firm stance and not give everything away just to strike a deal.

"Many simply do not understand what they are signing;

what team you support;

Man U

. why?

. you from Manchester

lol

Steve I understand you have a hardon for the ultra right. although you are too shy to come right out and say it, many of us have worked out that you fancy yourself in a Hugo Boss black rubber coat strapping the 'enemies of the state' to a plank before immersing them head first in a bath of ice water then dragging them out just before they drown and in your best Boris Karloff voice telling them how they will tell you everything. We all know that you have a real boner for the Donald and his wall.

But please do those of us that have signed the petition the curacy of accepting that we know exactly why we want the political establishment to know we do not approve of their arse licking of the misogynistic, bigoted, climate change denying, egotistical sexual predator and would be torturer! And that all things being equal we don't want him in our country and definitely don't want to give him and his wandering little hands access to our queen and royal females in a state visit.

"

isn't hugo boss an aftershave? I just wear blue jeans, shirt and cowboy boots whether it be work or play

and heck, sure by all means sign your protest but do remember, he will get closer to your Queen than you can ever dream of getting, perhaps that is because he is part Scottish

and remember he has some amazing properties in Scotland and world wide, employing many in the UK, so why does he have less a right than you to set foot in this country, I am sure he does much more for this country than you do?

tell me if I am wrong

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Whether you are full on right wing nut job who gets a hard on every time Donald comes on TV, or indeed you are the polar opposite and cant stand the sight or sound of him - we all should be questioning this state visit now.

The petition numbers are going up at the rate of around 50,000 names an hour in daylight hours and if Trumps second week is even half as divisive and inflammatory as his first week - those numbers are only going to increase.

London could well be faced with the biggest protest seen since the poll tax protests and how will that cement the message in Trumps mind - or indeed all of our minds that this is a special relationship? It will be an embarrassment all around for everyone - not least the man child himself.

PM May has fallen into a terrible trap visiting Trump so early and making that invitation before he has had time to bed in his Presidency. He is a threat to peace, he is a threat to his southern neighbour, he has placed his own US troops in Iraq in great danger, he has increased the threat of a home grown terrorist attack and he is making an enemy of our own closest trading partner - the EU. This is not politics and diplomacy, this is buffoonry on an epic scale.

"Whether you are full on right wing nut job who gets a hard on every time Donald comes on TV, or indeed you are the polar opposite and cant stand the sight or sound of him - we all should be questioning this state visit now.

The petition numbers are going up at the rate of around 50,000 names an hour in daylight hours and if Trumps second week is even half as divisive and inflammatory as his first week - those numbers are only going to increase.

London could well be faced with the biggest protest seen since the poll tax protests and how will that cement the message in Trumps mind - or indeed all of our minds that this is a special relationship? It will be an embarrassment all around for everyone - not least the man child himself.

PM May has fallen into a terrible trap visiting Trump so early and making that invitation before he has had time to bed in his Presidency. He is a threat to peace, he is a threat to his southern neighbour, he has placed his own US troops in Iraq in great danger, he has increased the threat of a home grown terrorist attack and he is making an enemy of our own closest trading partner - the EU. This is not politics and diplomacy, this is buffoonry on an epic scale."

lol

Don't you know; he has already visited, just wasn't made public to news broadcaster's or whingers, your too late, President trump has been, visited, enjoyed cake, clapped the corgis and off back home, everyone is so busy whinging and signing petitions that they missed the event

Barbados

"isn't hugo boss an aftershave? I just wear blue jeans, shirt and cowboy boots whether it be work or play"

Oh jeez... pick up a history book. Yes the world has moved on (and as a modern designer, I very much like him) but at least be aware of historical events.

"and heck, sure by all means sign your protest but do remember, he will get closer to your Queen than you can ever dream of getting, perhaps that is because he is part Scottish

and remember he has some amazing properties in Scotland and world wide, employing many in the UK, so why does he have less a right than you to set foot in this country, I am sure he does much more for this country than you do?

tell me if I am wrong"

So, you are saying a foreign national is allowed in a country if they employ lots of people and own lots of properties? Huh... and there I was thinking you supported Trump's ban on foreign nationals entering a country based purely on where they are born.

-Matt

-Matt

Yes but that would be taken on a case by case basis

OK, so my boss's father is an Iranian-born US resident (my boss was born in the US). He has lived in the US for about 40-50 years. He is due a trip overseas next month. Will he be allowed back in?

Or rather, how much time, effort and money will it take for him to establish whether he will or not? Considering the DHS are acting against the judgement of the courts... how is he meant to find out whether he will be allowed back in or not?

-Matt"

Probably by contacting his embassy to clarify his position ? The ban will most probably effect those wanting to enter the USA for the first time and as it seems to be aimed at new travelers to the USA from those countries they identify as possible source for concern.

"isn't hugo boss an aftershave? I just wear blue jeans, shirt and cowboy boots whether it be work or play

Oh jeez... pick up a history book. Yes the world has moved on (and as a modern designer, I very much like him) but at least be aware of historical events.

and heck, sure by all means sign your protest but do remember, he will get closer to your Queen than you can ever dream of getting, perhaps that is because he is part Scottish

tell me if I am wrong

So, you are saying a foreign national is allowed in a country if they employ lots of people and own lots of properties? Huh... and there I was thinking you supported Trump's ban on foreign nationals entering a country based purely on where they are born.

-Matt"

nope, just comparing what you provide to the UK economy and what he provides

Barbados

"PM May has fallen into a terrible trap visiting Trump so early and making that invitation before he has had time to bed in his Presidency. He is a threat to peace, he is a threat to his southern neighbour, he has placed his own US troops in Iraq in great danger, he has increased the threat of a home grown terrorist attack and he is making an enemy of our own closest trading partner - the EU. This is not politics and diplomacy, this is buffoonry on an epic scale."

Don't worry, May managed to distance herself from him quite nicely by errrrr... oh yeah, doing an arms deal with Erdogan and Turkey.

-Matt

Barbados

"

-Matt

Probably by contacting his embassy to clarify his position ? The ban will most probably effect those wanting to enter the USA for the first time and as it seems to be aimed at new travelers to the USA from those countries they identify as possible source for concern."

Riiiiight. Like I said, considering the DHS are operating now against the law... why do you suppose that the embassies will have some magic answer?

Aimed at new travellers to the USA? Really? Does it state that somewhere, as I must have missed it.

-Matt

"I was shocked to discover Sir Mo Farah is technically banned from going to America....

Although he's now been given an exemption "

He has not been given an exemption...he was never banned in the first place as has now been clarified.

Just another false news/misleading headline type story.

Barbados

"nope, just comparing what you provide to the UK economy and what he provides"

You have quite a simplistic point of view of life, don't you?

I wish things really were that easy.

Considering I have less debt than Trump has, I probably contribute more if you just want to count financial aspects and nothing else. I probably paid more taxes than he did last year.

-Matt

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Technically a State Visit is the invitation of HM the Queen.

It is upto the Queen to be the host. The way forward is to have Prince Charles show him round our climate change research facilities, and the Prince William to show him around a refugee centre.

We get to look like a tolerant and forward thinking country, and he gets to squirm.

[Removed by poster at 30/01/17 14:31:15]

"nope, just comparing what you provide to the UK economy and what he provides

You have quite a simplistic point of view of life, don't you?

I wish things really were that easy.

Considering I have less debt than Trump has, I probably contribute more if you just want to count financial aspects and nothing else. I probably paid more taxes than he did last year.

-Matt"

we are talking about UK here matt, that means his business here, properties, staff and all staff taxes, and all contracts to local businesses on the Turnberry upgrade, quiet a contribution I would expect, don't you agree, but then again it must be his Scottish blood

"

-Matt

Probably by contacting his embassy to clarify his position ? The ban will most probably effect those wanting to enter the USA for the first time and as it seems to be aimed at new travelers to the USA from those countries they identify as possible source for concern.

Riiiiight. Like I said, considering the DHS are operating now against the law... why do you suppose that the embassies will have some magic answer?

Aimed at new travellers to the USA? Really? Does it state that somewhere, as I must have missed it.

-Matt"

No just common sense, all they are saying is stop and put better checks in place, what is wrong with upgrading you're countries security ?

I like him and it would be good if he visited here

Cannock

"I'm very happy for Donald Trump to visit the UK. The hypocrites who are moaning about it seemed very happy to roll out the red carpet when the leader of China visited here, and China has a far worse record on human rights than the USA/Trump.

Where they? You're saying that people against Trump condone the Chinese anti human rights issues. Bollocks!

Shami Chakribarti was on the radio this morning saying that we should ban Tramp's state visit, the interviewer reeled off a whole host of other nations who had had state visits who have somewhat dubious policies, plus states who ban Israelis and asked if she would seek to ban them from visiting the UK.... She couldn't give a straight answer.

Then he pointed out that Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness shook hands with the Queen, and that Corbyn had invited them and others here. "

Spot on. That's the problem I have with this ridiculous petition, where were all these people who are now getting their knickers in a twist about Trump when the Chinese head of state visited the UK and where was the petition to stop him coming? Same for Saudi Arabia and many other countries with appalling human rights records. Hypocrites. There is no consistency with this at all.

Trouble is those same people will turn up in London protesting and rioting and causing criminal damage.

If they don't like it just stay away and protest by absence but that will never happen

LONDON.

Then he pointed out that Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness shook hands with the Queen, and that Corbyn had invited them and others here.

Spot on. That's the problem I have with this ridiculous petition, where were all these people who are now getting their knickers in a twist about Trump when the Chinese head of state visited the UK and where was the petition to stop him coming? Same for Saudi Arabia and many other countries with appalling human rights records. Hypocrites. There is no consistency with this at all. "

....thank God their the minority.

Barbados

"

-Matt

-Matt

No just common sense, all they are saying is stop and put better checks in place, what is wrong with upgrading you're countries security ? "

Common sense?! You are going to use that as an argument after the last few days? Really?

Where exactly is the common sense in enacting an immediate travel ban on a bunch of nations, citizens of which have shed no blood on US soil, yet call it in the name of 'national security' and 'anti terrorism'?

-Matt

By *atcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"Donald Trump's state visit to the UK is expected to be debated in Parliament after senior Conservatives joined some other whingers calling for it to be cancelled

they say 900,000 whingers have signed the petition to stop Trump visiting the Queen

that means 64, 434, 424 of the UK population are either still very happy with this visit or don't give a shit

are you a whinger that doesn't want to see him visit, or are you with the vast majority of the UK population who are happy with the visit?"

Really happy for him to come here!

You have to hand it to him, he's not wasting any time with getting things done! Perhaps he could show a few of our politicians how to do it. Good on him!!

moston

"isn't hugo boss an aftershave?"

That is what most people know them for, but they are actually a German fashion house that are famous for making doble breasted suits. Of course Hugo Boss got his start in life by designing and making SS uniforms and the ubiqutous black rubber trench coat worn by all SS oficers and the Gestapo.

" I just wear blue jeans, shirt and cowboy boots whether it be work or play

and heck, sure by all means sign your protest but do remember, he will get closer to your Queen than you can ever dream of getting, perhaps that is because he is part Scottish"

Funnily enough I have already been just as close to the Queen as he will ever get, and I have had the Queen mum bring me a cup of hot chocolate just before she turned in for the night when I was on guard duty at jimmies.

"and remember he has some amazing properties in Scotland and world wide, employing many in the UK, so why does he have less a right than you to set foot in this country, I am sure he does much more for this country than you do?

tell me if I am wrong"

Yep I have heard he claims Scottish blood. But then every yank I have ever met claims to either be half Scots, Irish or Native Indian (on their mothers side). The way to judge a yank is not by the lineage they claim but by which people claim them. I have yet to hear any country claim donny the groper as theirs.

But you do have a point about property he owns in Scotland. Has he reconnected the water to the old lady who lives next to his golf course and refused to sell her home to him? Is he still demanding the right to build what he likes where he likes at Turnberry? I hear his neighbours are not so happy having the Donald move into the area.

"

Where exactly is the common sense in enacting an immediate travel ban on a bunch of nations, citizens of which have shed no blood on US soil yet, call it in the name of 'national security' and 'anti terrorism'?

-Matt"

See matt, you almost hit the nail on the head with your quote:

"citizens of which have shed no blood on US soil yet",

that's why he has put it in place to prevent, so as not to give them that chance

its only 90 days to enable a better vetting system, what part of that do people not understand

Funnily enough I have already been just as close to the Queen as he will ever get, and I have had the Queen mum bring me a cup of hot chocolate just before she turned in for the night when I was on guard duty at jimmies."

Tell the truth, you were the guy that climbed the fence and broke into her bedroom, sat on her bed, its all coming out now

"But you do have a point about property he owns in Scotland. Has he reconnected the water to the old lady who lives next to his golf course and refused to sell her home to him? Is he still demanding the right to build what he likes where he likes at Turnberry? I hear his neighbours are not so happy having the Donald move into the area. "

Water was re-connected a long long time ago after a maintenance issue

as for Turnberry, what neighbours, you really need to visit the place, appreciate what he has done for the hotel, the area and for club members

North West

"

-Matt

-Matt

No just common sense, all they are saying is stop and put better checks in place, what is wrong with upgrading you're countries security ? "

This has nothing whatsoever to do with upgrading US security.

The United States and its citizens have a trait that runs through their society from top to bottom and that trait is "fear." This is why no one can understand their pathological support for gun ownership and it is why Japanese Americans were rounded up in 1942 and why Obama over reacted a couple of years ago and it is why the Trumpster has just done what he has done. I am also fairly sure that there have been many other instances where American governments have reacted out of step to the rest of the world but I just can't think of them for now.

This is a completely irrational fear that has no basis in any logical foundation but it is very real in the mind of many Americans.

Barbados

"

Where exactly is the common sense in enacting an immediate travel ban on a bunch of nations, citizens of which have shed no blood on US soil yet, call it in the name of 'national security' and 'anti terrorism'?

-Matt

See matt, you almost hit the nail on the head with your quote:

"citizens of which have shed no blood on US soil yet",

that's why he has put it in place to prevent, so as not to give them that chance

its only 90 days to enable a better vetting system, what part of that do people not understand"

lol, damn my typo... comma should have been before the yet.

But ok, so why those 7 countries? And don't give me 'Obama's list' bullshit. That doesn't support your theory. You believe he did it to prevent a future attack. Why couldn't those attackers from from, say, Saudi, or any of the other countries? How much resentment do you think he has stirred up with this stupid move of his? Consider most of the terrorist attacks in the US have been done by those legally living in the country, why do you think this makes American's safer?

-Matt

Funnily enough I have already been just as close to the Queen as he will ever get, and I have had the Queen mum bring me a cup of hot chocolate just before she turned in for the night when I was on guard duty at jimmies.

Tell the truth, you were the guy that climbed the fence and broke into her bedroom, sat on her bed, its all coming out now

But you do have a point about property he owns in Scotland. Has he reconnected the water to the old lady who lives next to his golf course and refused to sell her home to him? Is he still demanding the right to build what he likes where he likes at Turnberry? I hear his neighbours are not so happy having the Donald move into the area.

Water was re-connected a long long time ago after a maintenance issue

as for Turnberry, what neighbours, you really need to visit the place, appreciate what he has done for the hotel, the area and for club members"

.....didn't he block the offshore wind farm, ?

Barbados

"The United States and its citizens have a trait that runs through their society from top to bottom and that trait is "fear." This is why no one can understand their pathological support for gun ownership and it is why Japanese Americans were rounded up in 1942 and why Obama over reacted a couple of years ago and it is why the Trumpster has just done what he has done. I am also fairly sure that there have been many other instances where American governments have reacted out of step to the rest of the world but I just can't think of them for now.

This is a completely irrational fear that has no basis in any logical foundation but it is very real in the mind of many Americans. "

Playing armchair psychologist here... I wonder if that fear is something rooted in them being immigrants and invaders of the country in the first place? i mean their ancestors were worried about the native americans coming back to get them. Then worried that their negro slaves would uprise against them... maybe you are on to something here.

-Matt

moston

"nope, just comparing what you provide to the UK economy and what he provides"

Hmmm...

I wonder...

A man who made his money by buying up New York property and kicking working class people on to the streets in order to rent to yuppies.

A man famous for not paying any taxes in New York for over 20 years and who refuses to release his federal tax returns. A man who has used 6 corporate bankruptcies to turn himself from a millionaire into a billionaire leaving thousands of families destitute in his wake...

He must be contributing to the Scottish economy, after all he is half Scottish (on his mothers side) and that makes all the difference.

"The United States and its citizens have a trait that runs through their society from top to bottom and that trait is "fear." This is why no one can understand their pathological support for gun ownership and it is why Japanese Americans were rounded up in 1942 and why Obama over reacted a couple of years ago and it is why the Trumpster has just done what he has done. I am also fairly sure that there have been many other instances where American governments have reacted out of step to the rest of the world but I just can't think of them for now.

This is a completely irrational fear that has no basis in any logical foundation but it is very real in the mind of many Americans.

Playing armchair psychologist here... I wonder if that fear is something rooted in them being immigrants and invaders of the country in the first place? i mean their ancestors were worried about the native americans coming back to get them. Then worried that their negro slaves would uprise against them... maybe you are on to something here.

-Matt"

Yes all true. Americans are a frightend people.The demographics have changed since 2012 .Now more than 50% of biths are non white.Fear of mixed race people Latinos and african americans is strong.They dont fear the native Americans because the genocide of the first people was a successfully but not complete.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"

You have to hand it to him, he's not wasting any time with getting things done! Perhaps he could show a few of our politicians how to do it. Good on him!!"

Not wasting any time or not thinking the reprocussions through?

http://uk.businessinsider.com/giuliani-trump-asked-me-how-to-do-a-muslim-ban-legally-2017-1?r=US&IR=T

It is worth having a look at the petition on the government webpage, if you click on the map link you can see how the signatures are distributed around the country constituency by constituency. It looks like the lack of love is pretty evenly spread across the country with a few spots of real loathing. London being one, but then its London he will be visiting so I can understand how many would not be over the moon about rolling out the red carpet to a sexual predator...65.million didn't sign. "

Only 200,000 signed the stop immigration petition in the UK. Where were the 66 million who didn't vote for that debate? I think those who want to stop immigration is a minority.

"

-MattYes all true. Americans are a frightend people.The demographics have changed since 2012 .Now more than 50% of biths are non white.Fear of mixed race people Latinos and african americans is strong.They dont fear the native Americans because the genocide of the first people was a successfully but not complete. "

Frightened People; wow, where do you travel in U.S.

certainly not the North West as you will find they are strong, proud and patriotic. Stop in at a bar or honky tonk, share a beer and some chat with them, your mind will change

"

-MattYes all true. Americans are a frightend people.The demographics have changed since 2012 .Now more than 50% of biths are non white.Fear of mixed race people Latinos and african americans is strong.They dont fear the native Americans because the genocide of the first people was a successfully but not complete.

certainly not the North West as you will find they are strong, proud and patriotic. Stop in at a bar or honky tonk, share a beer and some chat with them, your mind will change"

Which states?

[Removed by poster at 30/01/17 19:03:09]

"

-MattYes all true. Americans are a frightend people.The demographics have changed since 2012 .Now more than 50% of biths are non white.Fear of mixed race people Latinos and african americans is strong.They dont fear the native Americans because the genocide of the first people was a successfully but not complete.

certainly not the North West as you will find they are strong, proud and patriotic. Stop in at a bar or honky tonk, share a beer and some chat with them, your mind will change

Which states?"

Colorado; Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho & Utah, one of my favourite road trips, fly into Denver and depart from Denver too, 4k+ miles

North West

"

certainly not the North West as you will find they are strong, proud and patriotic. Stop in at a bar or honky tonk, share a beer and some chat with them, your mind will change"

We are talking about a deep psychological trait. A bit like the Brits having a superiority complex - it doesn't mean that everyone looks down on foreigners, but the National psyche is very much about being unable to see other nations as equals, let alone superior... Maybe s legacy of the Empire, who knows.

If you really have spent a great deal of time in the US you would have observed this underlying sense of fear that exists in the National psyche. The pathological support of gun ownership is all about "the bad guys." The Japanese internments in 1942 and the McArthy communist witch hunts in the 1950's were all triggered by fear. The embedded racism in society is founded on fear and Trumps announcement on Friday are motivated by the same senses. There is no logic whatsoever in the banning of Shia Muslims - only a fear of Iran. Wahhabism is the problem and that is rooted in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, everyone knows this - so why is there no ban on Pakistan and Saudi nationals?

Cannock

"1,185,284

No doubt he will be on twitter soon to tell us we are nothing and he is great.....5,000 more signatures from the international space station. "

Like the many thousands of signatures on the petition against Brexit from Vatican City.

Babbacombe Torquay

"

We are talking about a deep psychological trait. A bit like the Brits having a superiority complex - it doesn't mean that everyone looks down on foreigners, but the National psyche is very much about being unable to see other nations as equals, let alone superior... Maybe s legacy of the Empire, who knows.

If you really have spent a great deal of time in the US you would have observed this underlying sense of fear that exists in the National psyche. The pathological support of gun ownership is all about "the bad guys." The Japanese internments in 1942 and the McArthy communist witch hunts in the 1950's were all triggered by fear. The embedded racism in society is founded on fear and Trumps announcement on Friday are motivated by the same senses. There is no logic whatsoever in the banning of Shia Muslims - only a fear of Iran. Wahhabism is the problem and that is rooted in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, everyone knows this - so why is there no ban on Pakistan and Saudi nationals?"

Because the US badly needs to remain onside with Pakistan in their 'war on terror', they need to back the government there in their half hearted attempt to curtail extremism.

And Saudi Arabia?......Oil and little else I would suggest.

North West

So why Shia's?

I stand to be corrected, but I don't recall a single terrorist incident in the West that was conducted by radical Shia terrorists. Not one.

The Donald has said that his decision has stopped "a horrible mess" happening in the USA? How? What have or will radical Shia's ever do in any Western country?

Babbacombe Torquay

"So why Shia's?

I stand to be corrected, but I don't recall a single terrorist incident in the West that was conducted by radical Shia terrorists. Not one.

The Donald has said that his decision has stopped "a horrible mess" happening in the USA? How? What have or will radical Shia's ever do in any Western country?"

Sadly he's showing himself as someone who has little knowledge of the facts, and more to the point someone who chooses to ignore the advise of those very people who the US charges to protect them on a day to day basis.

Populism seems to outweigh reasoned thought in this new world of politics.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Does a special relationship mean our pm needs to kowtow to every us president?.

It happened with Blair, it happened with Cameron, it is happening with may.

We are like the Lib Dems of a coalition, kinda there but will be thrown under a bus first chance.

People argued that Britain gains it sovereignty back once we leave the EU, do we exchange one system of governance for another. I thought this was about self determination of the British people. All I see, is we are hiding under the dress of the USA.

Take control, nah this is more like let's become the UK of A.

Cannock

"Does a special relationship mean our pm needs to kowtow to every us president?.

We are like the Lib Dems of a coalition, kinda there but will be thrown under a bus first chance.

People argued that Britain gains it sovereignty back once we leave the EU, do we exchange one system of governance for another. I thought this was about self determination of the British people. All I see, is we are hiding under the dress of the USA.

Take control, nah this is more like let's become the UK of A."

In what way has USA taken over British sovereignty in this matter? I think you need to go look up the meaning of sovereignty in the dictionary.

North West

"Does a special relationship mean our pm needs to kowtow to every us president?.

Take control, nah this is more like let's become the UK of A."

It is actually worse this time. Because of Brexit, the UK desperately needs an external ally and in Donald they have just that,

Unfortunately, I suspect that the Donald and Brexit cocktail will turn out to be catastrophic for the UK and we will be outplayed by both Donald and the EU. The UK is desperate and Trump knows it, being desperate rarely results in a good deal coming your way and indeed Trump has said exactly this in his book along with the statement that the only good deal is where I win and you lose. Trump will court the UK to get a good US deal and whilst doing this he will fawn and compliment until any difficulties surface when the true face of the beast will come to the fore- just ask Alex Salmond who went from Galactico to weasel in Trumps eyes in less time than it takes to blink.

Trump ideologically needs to break down the EU in order to negotiate individually more favourable trade deals with European countries, rather than a net nuetral deal with the whole of the EU. The Trump administration (as well as Putin) is focused on breaking down the EU into more manageable individual countries and yet the UK needs a strong and coherent EU neighbour to survive economically in the short to mid term.

How can the UK square the circle between desperately courting an immature American administration that is dedicated to breakdown a European market that the UK (at least in the mid term) desperately needs to keep together.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

This phrase springs to my mind.

"do not piss on my shins and tell me it's raining"

There is something seriously off. When we leave one trading agreement and its influence and move to another trading agreement and its influence.

I do not want to see the UK as a puppet state, and the first inline to bear the brunt of the threat out there. I am sure you can agree that the UK deserves better than playing second fiddle to other nations.

Admit sovereignty was a poor choice of words in the context. But never afraid to admit that we are all fallible.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"Petition not to let someone into our country who doesn't let people into their country.

Anyone see the irony there? "

Except the petition isnt about banning him from visiting the UK.....

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Because we have a "special relationship" and you don't have that with someone if their policies go against everything that this country is against.

I wouldn't say it goes against "EVERYTHING" now is it.

It goes against freedom of movement from certain countries, not too dissimilar to us now is it with Brexit "

Nor, indeed, before Brexit.

"

It goes against freedom of movement from certain countries, not too dissimilar to us now is it with Brexit

"

Item 1;

1; Visiting the USA is a "privilege" granted to other countries of the world from the people of the USA, it is not a god dam right. This "Privilege" has been rightly evoked for 3 months until correct legislations are put in place and once in place, anyone who applies for entry will be vetted and if and only if deemed suitable, they will then be invited by privilege to enter under the new conditions

5; perhaps most cannot deal with the fact that the USA now has a great American now at head of state as president and of course a great "Scot" too

moston

"Item 1;

1; Visiting the USA is a "privilege" granted to other countries of the world from the people of the USA, it is not a god dam right. This "Privilege" has been rightly evoked for 3 months until correct legislations are put in place and once in place, anyone who applies for entry will be vetted and if and only if deemed suitable, they will then be invited by privilege to enter under the new conditions."

Agreed.

" 2; These Countries were not hand picked by Trump, these countries were selected by OBAMA in 2015 so why are so many uptight and think Trump chose these countries??? Obama signed into law a measure placing limited restrictions on certain travelers who had visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria, he then later added Libya, Somalia, and Yemen and Obama said the reason for this was to protect the USA from the growing threat of foreign terrorist fighters, this was OBAMA !!! not Trump"

Wrong. Obama never imposed a blanket ban on the citizens of any country entering the USA. In 2011, in response to learning that 2 Iraqi males who had been involved in a terrorist attack in Iraq (their fingerprints were found on bomb fragments) had passed vetting and entered the USA as refugees, President Obama ordered enhanced vetting of anyone from the 7 countries now banned prior to entry into the USA and that those already in the USA should be re vetted. this caused a slow down while the backlog was cleared but at no time was there a ban or a complete stop in the flow of refugees.

" Trump then added the 3 month ban on entry until correct paperwork was put in place, what is wrong with that? the main problem is "Visa Waiver" travel, it is up to every single one of us traveling to a country to ensure our entry paperwork is in order."

There is and was no problem until the golden doored spunkbubble created one.

" 3; travel restrictions were already in place from those seven countries, Trump has just taken an extra precaution to help increase the safety of U.S. citizens."

If it's about protecting US citizens how come he hasn't banned nationals from countries that have killed US citizens in the USA?

" 4; Has everyone forgotten that initial terrorism grew from the actions of Bush and at the same time our UK Labour Prime minister Blair, the same Blair that is making a fortune from World peace talks, I think the people of the UK should be taking action against Blair and not spitting the dummy out with Trump."

Funny, I thought the genesis for targeting the USA was the suicide bombing of US peacekeepers in Beirut in 1983 and that was Thatcher and Reagan by the way.

" 5; perhaps most cannot deal with the fact that the USA now has a great American now at head of state as president and of course a great "Scot" too"

I seem to remember another foreign demagogue 'great Scot' awarded himself the VC and kept the severed head of a political opponent in a fridge in his bedroom. I wonder if you remember him and if you can see the similarities between him and Donny the Nonce?

Will; item 2; where have a mentioned anywhere about a "carpet ban" as you seem to call it, even Trumps ban is only 90 days

unlike the 7 countries in mention who have a "Carpet Ban" on Israel, do you whinge and protest about that, eh no,

the majority are only protesting for the sake of protest, pointless protest at that, same as the fools in London yesterday.

If you want to protest, then protest about "real carpet bans"

Israel banned from;

?Algeria

?Bangladesh

?Brunei

?Iran

?Iraq

?Kuwait

?Lebanon

?Libya

?Malaysia

?Oman

?Pakistan

?Saudi Arabia

?Sudan

?Syria

?United Arab Emirates

?Yemen

or just join the kiddies in London against trump (fools)

moston

"If you want to protest, then protest about "real carpet bans"

Israel banned from;

?Algeria

?Bangladesh

?Brunei

?Iran

?Iraq

?Kuwait

?Lebanon

?Libya

?Malaysia

?Oman

?Pakistan

?Saudi Arabia

?Sudan

?Syria

?United Arab Emirates

?Yemen

or just join the kiddies in London against trump (fools)"

The day Israel complies with international law and all the UN resolutions it has ignored for years I'll be the first to start protesting against any country that discriminates against Israelis. Until then however I will not knowingly buy any Israeli product and I will keep campaigning for the UK to sever all ties with Israel and I applaud any country that refuses to have dealings with Israel or its citizens.

"If you want to protest, then protest about "real carpet bans"

Israel banned from;

?Algeria

?Bangladesh

?Brunei

?Iran

?Iraq

?Kuwait

?Lebanon

?Libya

?Malaysia

?Oman

?Pakistan

?Saudi Arabia

?Sudan

?Syria

?United Arab Emirates

?Yemen

or just join the kiddies in London against trump (fools)

The day Israel complies with international law and all the UN resolutions it has ignored for years I'll be the first to start protesting against any country that discriminates against Israelis. Until then however I will not knowingly buy any Israeli product and I will keep campaigning for the UK to sever all ties with Israel and I applaud any country that refuses to have dealings with Israel or its citizens. "

you severing ties with USA too for supporting them? and for their actions and for trump being in power

?

or just easy targets?

?

What about the UK? Have you severed ties with the UK for arming Israel and supplying military exports; drones, air to surface missiles? or is that okay

Remember Operation Protective Edge, which claimed more than 2,000 lives, including those of hundreds of Palestinian civilians, still it keep us UK employees in work so best you not protest too much against UK, I mean where would you buy your chippy

Suffolk - East Anglia

"

Item 1;

5; perhaps most cannot deal with the fact that the USA now has a great American now at head of state as president and of course a great "Scot" too"

Very well put. You are absolutely correct.

Ms Yates has now been fired by Mr Trump for failing to put his order into place. As you correctly pointed out it was Obama who selected those countries for restrictions, did she disobey Obama's instructions? No. Trump is right to get rid of her.

Wasn't it Obama's administration that identified those 7 countries as posing a risk to USA anyway!?

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

When you look on TV it seems to be the same well paid people likes of lineker moaning about trump that were moaning about brexit.Id welcome trump any day over the likes of Putin.And what about Saudi where are all the mass demos against that barbaric country .if you are gay there you are well and truely fucked.

Suffolk - East Anglia

"When you look on TV it seems to be the same well paid people likes of lineker moaning about trump that were moaning about brexit.Id welcome trump any day over the likes of Putin.And what about Saudi where are all the mass demos against that barbaric country .if you are gay there you are well and truely fucked. "

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"Wasn't it Obama's administration that identified those 7 countries as posing a risk to USA anyway!?"

The difference is that US intelligence believed they had evidence of specific threats;

The " list" was created in order that should the threats materialise, action could be swiftly taken.

And in one occasion, as a result of good intelligence, action was taken. Quietly, subtly, sovas not to alert the potential terrorists.

On the other hand, Trump continually stated during his campaign that he wanted to ban all Muslims from the US, he was talking about registering them, expelling them, all sorts;

Steve Bannon ( who operates Trumps strings) has used Obama's list to enact the first part of the anti- Muslim agenda. On no evidence. Just because he can

And waved it triumphally at the world.

Watch Bannon's face and body language in the videos as another piece of his white supremacy agenda clicks into place

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

If he doesn't come here, Theresa Maybe and the Queen will have to go there to see him; I don't think the American President could be bothered about visiting a country who keep on harking on about their 'special relationship' with him

Wembley

"When you look on TV it seems to be the same well paid people likes of lineker moaning about trump that were moaning about brexit.Id welcome trump any day over the likes of Putin.And what about Saudi where are all the mass demos against that barbaric country .if you are gay there you are well and truely fucked. "

And then killed

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I think the Queen should feign ill-health so The Trump can't get here and face and shop windows are saved all round.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I ok with him coming over

By *ubble troubleCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Good news folks....65 million British didn't sign the petition."

OK, so I presume you will accept the fact that whilst 17 million voted for Brexit, 29 million did not.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Good news folks....65 million British didn't sign the petition.

OK, so I presume you will accept the fact that whilst 17 million voted for Brexit, 29 million did not."

If they got their arses out of bed they could have though,lazy fuckwits

OK, so I presume you will accept the fact that whilst 17 million voted for Brexit, 29 million did not.If they got their arses out of bed they could have though,lazy fuckwits "

Nor did they vote remain

Glastonbury

OK, so I presume you will accept the fact that whilst 17 million voted for Brexit, 29 million did not.If they got their arses out of bed they could have though,lazy fuckwits

Nor did they vote remain"

So why do 6% of of those who voted Out regret their decision, whereas 1% of those voted Stay wish they'd changed theirs'?

Lies, damned lies and statistics, dear boy.

OK, so I presume you will accept the fact that whilst 17 million voted for Brexit, 29 million did not.If they got their arses out of bed they could have though,lazy fuckwits "

I'll have you know I walked past my local voting booth and straight into the pub

Glastonbury

And anyway, if you want to be 'democratic' about it 1.7m signed the anti-Trump petition vs 100k who said he's welcome.

So nerr

"And anyway, if you want to be 'democratic' about it 1.7m signed the anti-Trump petition vs 100k who said he's welcome.

So nerr

"

and the corruption that goes with it Joe

you go try and find the 100k+ petition online, go try and find it, try a google search

infact try BBC as well, they advertise the Against Trump one, but you try finding the "for" Trump one,

The whole system is so fucking corrupt, that's why I am happy in my home & surrounding land, let someone try setting foot on my land, fucking wankers the lot of them

jeez, I had a little rank there, better sit down

Wembley

150k voted for; takes 100k to be discussed in Parliament

Does Donald Trump even know if he was invited? And more to the point, does he even want to visit this Third World country where the 'special relationship' seems to be one-sided?

I know what the US could market here; what would the UK offer as trade? Bicycles and jute bags?

"150k voted for; takes 100k to be discussed in Parliament

Does Donald Trump even know if he was invited? And more to the point, does he even want to visit this Third World country where the 'special relationship' seems to be one-sided?

I know what the US could market here; what would the UK offer as trade? Bicycles and jute bags?

"

Apparently he's desperate to go up to Balmoral for a round of golf and to shoot some birdies

"

He can store all his nuclear devices here and all other arsenal, oh, wait, perhaps he already does

Wembley

He can store all his nuclear devices here and all other arsenal, oh, wait, perhaps he already does"

If the Americans dump any more of those here, this island will sink under the weight

He can store all his nuclear devices here and all other arsenal, oh, wait, perhaps he already does

If the Americans dump any more of those here, this island will sink under the weight "

perhaps some of them are "sinkable" devices

London and France

If the Americans dump any more of those here, this island will sink under the weight

perhaps some of them are "sinkable" devices "

Do you know how many US nuclear weapons there are in UK?

Wembley

Do you know how many US nuclear weapons there are in UK?"

No; but I bet you have received 'info' from an 'inside' source

Do you know how many US nuclear weapons there are in UK?"

I'm guessing there should be none?

Barbados

"

May's visit to the US didn't make the front page of any of the major newspapers over there. So seems like the are not particularly bothered she came over.

-Matt

Barbados

"And anyway, if you want to be 'democratic' about it 1.7m signed the anti-Trump petition vs 100k who said he's welcome.

So nerr

you go try and find the 100k+ petition online, go try and find it, try a google search

infact try BBC as well, they advertise the Against Trump one, but you try finding the "for" Trump one,

The whole system is so fucking corrupt, that's why I am happy in my home & surrounding land, let someone try setting foot on my land, fucking wankers the lot of them"

Nothing corrupt about it. Just because they don't show the petition that is less newsworthy doesn't mean it is corrupt. I mean, how many people are demonstrating to allow Trump in?

And I've explained the Google thing before to you. It works exactly as intended, if you search for:

"Petition to allow trump into the UK" then it will find it top result.

of you search for:

"Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom" then you get the other one.

If you search for 'trump petition state visit" then you will get the one that most people have linked to and think is the most important one, which is the 'prevent' one.

-Matt

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Jeremy Corbyn wants the PM to withdraw the invitation ... This being the same Jeremy Corbyn who stood for a minutes silence to "honour" the 8 Irish terrorists who died in a firefight with the Army.

I'd like to propose another petition, one that seeks to publicly denounce Corbyn as a scum- sucking mollusc who doesn't deserve the priviledge of being a servant of the British people.

London and France

No; but I bet you have received 'info' from an 'inside' source "

It's in the public domain.

You can find out in 2.5 seconds.

You can find out in 2.5 seconds."

Do you often believe what you read

By *oorland2Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

Then he pointed out that Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness shook hands with the Queen, and that Corbyn had invited them and others here. "

Let's be honest Shami Chapatti is a 2 faced self serving opionated twat, but that's just my opinion, same kind of person who would say that Venezuela is an amazing example of socialism

By *oorland2Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

"Jeremy Corbyn wants the PM to withdraw the invitation ... This being the same Jeremy Corbyn who stood for a minutes silence to "honour" the 8 Irish terrorists who died in a firefight with the Army.

I'd like to propose another petition, one that seeks to publicly denounce Corbyn as a scum- sucking mollusc who doesn't deserve the priviledge of being a servant of the British people."

Suffolk - East Anglia

"Jeremy Corbyn wants the PM to withdraw the invitation ... This being the same Jeremy Corbyn who stood for a minutes silence to "honour" the 8 Irish terrorists who died in a firefight with the Army.

I'd like to propose another petition, one that seeks to publicly denounce Corbyn as a scum- sucking mollusc who doesn't deserve the priviledge of being a servant of the British people.

"

I'll add

I'll add "

Nope; Leave him where he is, He will be remembered along with Ed Miliband as the 2 men who killed off the labour Party

exact same as Kezia Dugdale & Jim Murphy killed off the Scottish Labour Party.

I'll add

Nope; Leave him where he is, He will be remembered along with Ed Miliband as the 2 men who killed off the labour Party

exact same as Kezia Dugdale & Jim Murphy killed off the Scottish Labour Party."

Correction.... Killed off new labour!.

One I'll personally be glad to see the back of

" but that's just my opinion, same kind of person who would say that Venezuela is an amazing example of socialism"

Have you ever noticed that when describing something you dislike you pick the worst common denominator?.

Why didn't you say... Same kind of person that would say Japan is an amazing example of socialism?

"Item 1;

1; Visiting the USA is a "privilege" granted to other countries of the world from the people of the USA, it is not a god dam right. This "Privilege" has been rightly evoked for 3 months until correct legislations are put in place and once in place, anyone who applies for entry will be vetted and if and only if deemed suitable, they will then be invited by privilege to enter under the new conditions.

Agreed.

Wrong. Obama never imposed a blanket ban on the citizens of any country entering the USA. In 2011, in response to learning that 2 Iraqi males who had been involved in a terrorist attack in Iraq (their fingerprints were found on bomb fragments) had passed vetting and entered the USA as refugees, President Obama ordered enhanced vetting of anyone from the 7 countries now banned prior to entry into the USA and that those already in the USA should be re vetted. this caused a slow down while the backlog was cleared but at no time was there a ban or a complete stop in the flow of refugees.

There is and was no problem until the golden doored spunkbubble created one.

3; travel restrictions were already in place from those seven countries, Trump has just taken an extra precaution to help increase the safety of U.S. citizens.

If it's about protecting US citizens how come he hasn't banned nationals from countries that have killed US citizens in the USA?

4; Has everyone forgotten that initial terrorism grew from the actions of Bush and at the same time our UK Labour Prime minister Blair, the same Blair that is making a fortune from World peace talks, I think the people of the UK should be taking action against Blair and not spitting the dummy out with Trump.

Funny, I thought the genesis for targeting the USA was the suicide bombing of US peacekeepers in Beirut in 1983 and that was Thatcher and Reagan by the way.

I seem to remember another foreign demagogue 'great Scot' awarded himself the VC and kept the severed head of a political opponent in a fridge in his bedroom. I wonder if you remember him and if you can see the similarities between him and Donny the Nonce?"

Excellent truthful response unlike the the OP who is on a rampage on the forums, reporting lies before truth has had a chance to get his trousers on.

" but that's just my opinion, same kind of person who would say that Venezuela is an amazing example of socialism.

Have you ever noticed that when describing something you dislike you pick the worst common denominator?.

Why didn't you say... Same kind of person that would say Japan is an amazing example of socialism?"

Some don't know the difference between communism and socialism. They are left-ists.

You can find out in 2.5 seconds.

Do you often believe what you read"

Alternate facts are they?

If we cannot trust what we read, what can we trust? Our beliefs?

I'd like to propose another petition, one that seeks to publicly denounce Corbyn as a scum- sucking mollusc who doesn't deserve the priviledge of being a servant of the British people."

When did he do that? Where's the article? The BBC are already getting backlash for changing the context of his quotes when they reported he wouldn't shoot to kill. They didn't even ask him that question.

When did he do that? Where's the article? The BBC are already getting backlash for changing the context of his quotes when they reported he wouldn't shoot to kill. They didn't even ask him that question."

Quite shameful really

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11787955/Jeremy-Corbyn-refuses-to-condemn-IRA-for-terrorist-atrocities.html

When did he do that? Where's the article? The BBC are already getting backlash for changing the context of his quotes when they reported he wouldn't shoot to kill. They didn't even ask him that question.

Quite shameful really

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/11787955/Jeremy-Corbyn-refuses-to-condemn-IRA-for-terrorist-atrocities.html

"

It would be. Did he believe in removing Northern Ireland from the UK. He was an activist for Chile and human rights. Where Margaret Thatcher invited Pinochet for tea. To be fair politicians blah. It seems Corbyn is against the state.

brecon

When did he do that? Where's the article? The BBC are already getting backlash for changing the context of his quotes when they reported he wouldn't shoot to kill. They didn't even ask him that question."

It was online somewhere, it happened within days of the firefight, so it was quite a while ago, I'm sure they quoted his age in the article as 32 so a good few years ago if that's the case. The article showed the newspaper report.

brecon

"He also observed a minute’s silence in 1987 for eight IRA members killed by the SAS in an ambush."

A quote from the above mentioned Telegraph article.

""He also observed a minute’s silence in 1987 for eight IRA members killed by the SAS in an ambush."

A quote from the above mentioned Telegraph article. "

Who with? Someone witnessed it out joined him

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

OK, so I presume you will accept the fact that whilst 17 million voted for Brexit, 29 million did not."

Irevilent crap

OK, so I presume you will accept the fact that whilst 17 million voted for Brexit, 29 million did not.Irevilent crap"

indeed

we must all follow the wisdom of Signatories including singers Lily Allen and Paloma Faith, comedian Frankie Boyl, Bianca Jagger, former Labour leader Ed Miliband, Tim Farron, the Liberal Democrat leader, journalist Owen Jones, Green party co-leader Caroline Lucas, Leanne Wood, the Plaid Cymru leader, and Labour MP Clive Lewis

Glastonbury

So nerr

The whole system is so fucking corrupt, that's why I am happy in my home & surrounding land, let someone try setting foot on my land, fucking wankers the lot of them"

Alternative facts, eh?

Lol

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

Quite shameful really

"

Not from the Torygraph.

'Labour Party leadership frontrunner Jeremy Corbyn has condemned violence on both sides of the Northern Irish Troubles and all bombings, no matter their origin, following claims among rivals that he refuses to denounce the Irish Republican Army (IRA).

In a BBC Ulster interview he was repeatedly asked to condemn the IRA, but went further – condemning violence on all sides and bombing in any circumstances.

“I condemn all bombing, it is not a good idea, it is terrible what happened,” the Islington MP told the broadcaster.

Repeatedly challenged in a combative interview, Corbyn maintained his position.

“Look I condemn what was done by the British Army as well as the other sides as well [sic]. What happened in Derry in 1972 [Bloody Sunday] was pretty devastating as well,” he said.

Corbyn famously maintained contact with senior figures in Sinn Fein in the wake of the Brighton Bombings in 1984, even bringing Gerry Adams and other senior figures to the UK to engage in dialogue in the week after the attacks.

“Quite simply, I maintained contact with Sinn Fein and believed that there had to be a political, not a military, solution to the situation in Northern Ireland,” he explained.

Asked if he thought there was some form of parity between the IRA and the British Army, he pointed to the actions of governments of the day.

“Well, in a sense, the treatment of IRA prisoners, which made them into virtual political prisoners, suggested that the British government and the state saw some kind of almost equivalency.”

Asked about his choice to continue speaking to republican leaders during the conflict, he recalled the role of the Labour government and other parties in ending hostilities.

“The British government developed that process, the Labour Party developed that process, and eventually we had agreement between the SDLP and Sinn Fein, which was the important step forward, and then the historic agreement between the generality of the Unionists and the generality of the republican movement.”

“We got the two ceasefires and eventually the Belfast agreement. Northern Ireland has taught the whole world an awful lot about resolving conflict by understanding the historical process of both communities,” he added.'

Labelling men of peace as traitors and the like is shameful.

Donald T will damage the UK, we need to watch him very carefully

Do not trust this man

"Donald Trump's state visit to the UK is expected to be debated in Parliament after senior Conservatives joined some other whingers calling for it to be cancelled

are you a whinger that doesn't want to see him visit, or are you with the vast majority of the UK population who are happy with the visit?"

Any democratically elected leader who delivers what they promised is welcome to visit the UK

[Removed by poster at 05/02/17 13:46:10]

The strange thing is that may is saying the uk dont allow such policies as travel bans, but yet they will send millions of immigrants home like the polish, double standards. It is not racist to be it against the whites, but to muslims it is lol.

are you a whinger that doesn't want to see him visit, or are you with the vast majority of the UK population who are happy with the visit?

Any democratically elected leader who delivers what they promised is welcome to visit the UK "

Let's replace May with Trump. I'll create the petition.

Any democratically elected leader who delivers what they promised is welcome to visit the UK

Let's replace May with Trump. I'll create the petition."

I expect 64 million to sign up.

"Donald T will damage the UK, we need to watch him very carefully

Do not trust this man"

Donald Tusk

» Add a new message to this topic