FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is it time to dissolve U K I P

Is it time to dissolve U K I P

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Speaking as someone who voted UKIP at the last election and who thinks they have done our country a great Service , its with sadness that I now think it may be time they called it a day rather than endure a slow painful Death .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Single issue wise they achieved what they set out to, but now that they are leaving the Eu gravy train it looks like they just have to get on another..

They have shot themselves in the foot by how they only concentrated on minimal involvement when in the EU parliament. Some of the issues that they said did not concern them had affects in this country for some of those people that they now profess to want to represent ..

That was shortsighted..

Given a lot of them flip flopped over from the Tories they will as brexit evolves move back, the others may well try and form a re branded party but as shown in Stoke at a time when they should have walked it some of their voters last year can see them for whom they are..

Douglas Carswell is hated by Farage, how long will he stick around if the orange faced one returns ..

"Single issue wise they achieved what they set out to, but now that they are leaving the Eu gravy train it looks like they just have to get on another..

They have shot themselves in the foot by how they only concentrated on minimal involvement when in the EU parliament. Some of the issues that they said did not concern them had affects in this country for some of those people that they now profess to want to represent ..

That was shortsighted..

Given a lot of them flip flopped over from the Tories they will as brexit evolves move back, the others may well try and form a re branded party but as shown in Stoke at a time when they should have walked it some of their voters last year can see them for whom they are..

Douglas Carswell is hated by Farage, how long will he stick around if the orange faced one returns .."

I think Carswell will go back to the Conservatives ! I'm sure he thought he would become leader of UKIP .

in Lancashire

"Single issue wise they achieved what they set out to, but now that they are leaving the Eu gravy train it looks like they just have to get on another..

That was shortsighted..

Douglas Carswell is hated by Farage, how long will he stick around if the orange faced one returns .. I think Carswell will go back to the Conservatives ! I'm sure he thought he would become leader of UKIP ."

On question time one of the panelists, journalist lady called oakshot asked him if it was true that he had blocked Farage's nomination for a knighthood and whilst he denied it he looked less than comfortable..

I think Carswell is snd was an opportunist who expected all of UKIP to flock to him as he was and is the only MP .

Nigel mucked up by resigning and coming back . But then after Brexit he should have said Jib Done !

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That was shortsighted..

Douglas Carswell is hated by Farage, how long will he stick around if the orange faced one returns .. I think Carswell will go back to the Conservatives ! I'm sure he thought he would become leader of UKIP .

On question time one of the panelists, journalist lady called oakshot asked him if it was true that he had blocked Farage's nomination for a knighthood and whilst he denied it he looked less than comfortable..

"

Can't blame him, farage is very controversial. Endorsing him could have potentially insulated ukip in its own bubble of support rather than making it look at ways to get the centre.

"I think Carswell is snd was an opportunist who expected all of UKIP to flock to him as he was and is the only MP .

Nigel mucked up by resigning and coming back . But then after Brexit he should have said Jib Done ! "

Nigel mucked up by sodding off to america to endorse trump, especially when he spoke about how politicians shouldnt meddle in other nations buisness.

Ukip mucked up by letting senior figurs effectively bully dianne, was it? Their last leader before nutall? Werent there allegtions of sexism?

Ukip further mucked up by not understanding that to get the norther/working vote, they effectively had to be a pro-brexit labour party, and get the similar endorsement from unions, and be able to demonstraight a commitment to that kind of planning and policy making.

Even that might not have been enough, they would have been better rebranding as a party pushing for proportional representation or the dutch varient of that.

in Lancashire

That was shortsighted..

Douglas Carswell is hated by Farage, how long will he stick around if the orange faced one returns .. I think Carswell will go back to the Conservatives ! I'm sure he thought he would become leader of UKIP .

Can't blame him, farage is very controversial. Endorsing him could have potentially insulated ukip in its own bubble of support rather than making it look at ways to get the centre."

True but it could also be the case if it did happen that Carswell is thinking of not having the baggage of endorsement of Farage if he moves on..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes,the aim of UKIP was to get us out of Europe and through Farage this has been done.

Nigel Farage can on his own speak about what needs to be done and as a one man pressure group is supurp.He does not need the party anymore,in fact they do him more harm than good.

As there time comes to an end in the EU parliament they should become redundant,there work done

Rather see if they are truly liked. Will they win the election or are they fighting a losing battle.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

UKIP have no purpose now that the Tories are embracing a hard Brexit and anti immigration policy. What do the kippers have to offer that the Tory party don't?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

They rode in by presenting themselves as a more "comfortable" alternative to the brief surge in popularity the BNP had a while back. I thin their support will split, most to the Tories, some back to the far right. My wonder is that if we will see a "new" far ight party or whether there will be a swell in support for the BNP/National Front

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Aaron Banks is no fool and he will have read the Stoke election result for the calamity that it was. I doubt we will see and hear very much more from UKIP but I think that Aaron Banks may bankroll something else.

"They rode in by presenting themselves as a more "comfortable" alternative to the brief surge in popularity the BNP had a while back. I thin their support will split, most to the Tories, some back to the far right. My wonder is that if we will see a "new" far ight party or whether there will be a swell in support for the BNP/National Front"

If UKIP were to dissolve, not that I think they will, I can see a lot of support going to the tories, a significant bit will split between labour and people drifting into the 'I'm not voting for anyone' void. A proportion will inflate the ranks of the far right parties we have in the UK - though not by much. I doubt many UKIPers are actually racist, or confident enough to be racist outright and vote for a white supremacist movement, or an anti-muslim movement.

"Aaron Banks is no fool and he will have read the Stoke election result for the calamity that it was. I doubt we will see and hear very much more from UKIP but I think that Aaron Banks may bankroll something else."

Sinking his hands into the trump administration maybe? Or helping support breibart as a way to keep the UKIP/Trump propaganda flourishing both sides of the Atlantic?

Or perhaps he'll bank roll conservative groups here in the UK to ensure a significant wing of the tory party keeps hard right?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"They rode in by presenting themselves as a more "comfortable" alternative to the brief surge in popularity the BNP had a while back. I thin their support will split, most to the Tories, some back to the far right. My wonder is that if we will see a "new" far ight party or whether there will be a swell in support for the BNP/National Front

If UKIP were to dissolve, not that I think they will, I can see a lot of support going to the tories, a significant bit will split between labour and people drifting into the 'I'm not voting for anyone' void. A proportion will inflate the ranks of the far right parties we have in the UK - though not by much. I doubt many UKIPers are actually racist, or confident enough to be racist outright and vote for a white supremacist movement, or an anti-muslim movement."

Really?

I think it is not a concidence that the demise of Griffin saw the rise of Farrage.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

But for ukip labour would have lost stoke aswell so any labour voters shoul pray they hang around them splitting the tory vote is the only way labour can win a seat at the next election

Yes UKIP was a bit like the tea party in the U.S.......only without the diplomacy and coherence of policy....Yes they split the Tory vote . Labour are a mess and will need to shift Corbyn to move on. Let us hope they do as unopposed Govt is bad for us all. Unless we get to see the rise of a new middle ground party.

"Yes UKIP was a bit like the tea party in the U.S.......only without the diplomacy and coherence of policy....Yes they split the Tory vote . Labour are a mess and will need to shift Corbyn to move on. Let us hope they do as unopposed Govt is bad for us all. Unless we get to see the rise of a new middle ground party. "

We need a Non Racist E N P

banks is attempting to get total control of ukip ..... the deluded moron should be paying for ukip's funeral ... after all they've been dead for three days and the corpse is begining to stink worse than it ever has

in Lancashire

"They rode in by presenting themselves as a more "comfortable" alternative to the brief surge in popularity the BNP had a while back. I thin their support will split, most to the Tories, some back to the far right. My wonder is that if we will see a "new" far ight party or whether there will be a swell in support for the BNP/National Front

If UKIP were to dissolve, not that I think they will, I can see a lot of support going to the tories, a significant bit will split between labour and people drifting into the 'I'm not voting for anyone' void. A proportion will inflate the ranks of the far right parties we have in the UK - though not by much. I doubt many UKIPers are actually racist, or confident enough to be racist outright and vote for a white supremacist movement, or an anti-muslim movement.

Really?

I think it is not a concidence that the demise of Griffin saw the rise of Farrage. "

this..

Really?

I think it is not a concidence that the demise of Griffin saw the rise of Farrage.

this.."

True that is one side.

so what are you suggesting UKIP returns as BNP v.2 or a new BNP esque party comes forward with the numbers of the old BNP?

in Lancashire

Really?

this..

True that is one side.

so what are you suggesting UKIP returns as BNP v.2 or a new BNP esque party comes forward with the numbers of the old BNP?"

Not sure i would want to suggest to them what they should do, temptation may cause me to be less than polite..

they will always be there and are or were feeling empowered by last years political events, the rise in hate crimes led to some of their more extreme morons feel validated enough to act physically which was just a reflection on them and the danger such views represent to all in society..

i would think Nuttall will be gone when it does come out that he has also lied about actually being at Hillsborough (which i believe to be the case)..

they seem without Farage and playing their part in brexit to have lost their focus, trying to re brand as the working persons party looks a good idea given the vote last year and Labour being a shambles but they lack any sort of strategic direction and Labour will post the next GE start to pick up again as further austerity bites etc..

they do look that they are about to implode in in fighting but then again they have been that way for a while so who knows what they will do..

» Add a new message to this topic