FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nick Robinson tweet

Nick Robinson tweet

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isandre OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

I find it incredible the Tories complain about the bias of the BBC.

'No-one should be surprised that @jeremycorbyn is running v the "Establishment" & is long on passion & short on details. Story of his life'

Quite astonishing from a supposedly neutral reporter this close to an election.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I find it incredible that anyone complains about the bias of the BBC.

Its this simple: It is a state owned organ of the press, funded by a license fee. It, like any other organ of the press is biased towards the source of its revenue. With the BBC, that is whatever party is in power, as long as they promise not to cut funding. It wants to preserve that status quo at all costs.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The BBC is biased towards Labour and has been for Years !

By *inkyHnSCouple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

We all know the BBC is corrupt yet people will still willingly give them £145 soon to be £147

Newbury

"The BBC is biased towards Labour and has been for Years !"

No, it is biased towards labour when labour are in government.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"I find it incredible that anyone complains about the bias of the BBC.

Its this simple: It is a state owned organ of the press, funded by a license fee. It, like any other organ of the press is biased towards the source of its revenue. With the BBC, that is whatever party is in power, as long as they promise not to cut funding. It wants to preserve that status quo at all costs. "

That's why the BBC are biased in favour of the EU.

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

Anyone ever asked who is the biggest corporate subscriber to the Guardian newspaper? It can be found all over BBC offices.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"I find it incredible that anyone complains about the bias of the BBC.

Its this simple: It is a state owned organ of the press, funded by a license fee. It, like any other organ of the press is biased towards the source of its revenue. With the BBC, that is whatever party is in power, as long as they promise not to cut funding. It wants to preserve that status quo at all costs.

That's why the BBC are biased in favour of the EU. "

Funny thing is i think it's biased towards BREXIT.

Maybe we just think it's biased when it points out the flaws and fallacies in our own arguments? Maybe not being biased doesn't mean having to agree with 'our' view of the world, whatever that view happens to be.

Just a thought.

Hartlepool

So, everyone thinks that tweet was fine

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"So, everyone thinks that tweet was fine "

I think it's true. Whether it's fine or not depends on what you think bias actually is.

Cannock

"So, everyone thinks that tweet was fine

I think it's true. Whether it's fine or not depends on what you think bias actually is."

Seems we do agree on some things. I think Nick Robinson's tweet has a ring of truth in it as well.

Hartlepool

His role is supposed to be an impartial reporter.

He is poor at his job.

"Robinson was a founder-member of Macclesfield Young Conservatives (YC) and rose through the ranks, becoming Cheshire YC Chairman (1982–84) and became a key activist in the moderate-controlled North West Area organisation. Philip Pedley, as National YC Chairman, co-opted Robinson onto the YC National Advisory Committee in 1983 and appointed him National Campaign Director of Youth for Multilateral Disarmament. Robinson was elected National Vice Chairman in 1985–87 and succeeded a fellow moderate, Richard Fuller, when he was elected Chairman of the National Young Conservatives on the moderate ticket against strong right-wing opposition (1987–88).[6]

At university he was President of the Oxford University Conservative Association in 1985."

If he still wants to be a politician he should resign his current job.

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

Shock horror political pundit offers insight on a major political figure

All media is biased.

Look at it this way, the media in the US ten years ago was on its arse CNN MSNBC fox all losing money hand over fist.

Since trump CNN now makes billions in profit and viewing figures have never been higher!!.

Now ask yourself, on a profits basis who do you think CNN really want as president?.. mor dolar hey trumpy we love him long time

"We all know the BBC is corrupt yet people will still willingly give them £145 soon to be £147

"

Haven't paid since january 2014 because of their lies and bias in the independence ref and will never pay it again

"We all know the BBC is corrupt yet people will still willingly give them £145 soon to be £147

Haven't paid since january 2014 because of their lies and bias in the independence ref and will never pay it again "

Oh and robinson is a knob

Hartlepool

"Shock horror political pundit offers insight on a major political figure "

Insight?

It wasn't insight it was opinion and innuendo.

Did anyone ever know what John Cole privately thought about any politician?

We know the political leanings of Robinson, kuenssberg, Andrew Neil and Marr simply from the different ways they question (or not) and refer to the politicians.

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

"Shock horror political pundit offers insight on a major political figure

Insight?

We know the political leanings of Robinson, kuenssberg, Andrew Neil and Marr simply from the different ways they question (or not) and refer to the politicians. "

Scary that the hard left like the far right can't handle journalistic independence.

"Shock horror political pundit offers insight on a major political figure

Insight?

We know the political leanings of Robinson, kuenssberg, Andrew Neil and Marr simply from the different ways they question (or not) and refer to the politicians. "

It was an opinion and the only reason you don't like it is because you don't agree with it.

"I find it incredible the Tories complain about the bias of the BBC.

'No-one should be surprised that @jeremycorbyn is running v the "Establishment" & is long on passion & short on details. Story of his life'

Quite astonishing from a supposedly neutral reporter this close to an election.

"

Or perhaps it's fair criticism based on the merits of his candidacy?

He has been disastrous for labour.

Hartlepool

It's not his role to give opinion pieces, he just needs to stick to reporting what Corbyn says and does as accurately as possible. People can decide for themselves. He doesn't need to add his own snide comments. He can always report opponents criticisms.

Cannock

"It's not his role to give opinion pieces, he just needs to stick to reporting what Corbyn says and does as accurately as possible. People can decide for themselves. He doesn't need to add his own snide comments. He can always report opponents criticisms. "

It's people like John Bercow the speaker of the house of commons who should not be giving their political opinions publically because that is a condition of his job, although when he did so over Brexit weren't you one of the ones supporting him for doing so on here?

Nick Robinson is not an MP or a politician, he is a journalist and is free to give his personal opinion if he wishes.

Surely most people think that the BBC is biast because it does not take the side that they support.

When I listen to j vine most days he does try to twist it both ways and tries to give both sides an equal biase.

Or does anyone disagree ?

Hartlepool

Bercow's responsibility as speaker is to conduct the business of the house fairly, regardless of his personal views.

That is what he has done.

Think about it, he is not expected not to have personal views. The speaker is an mp. That means he nearly always comes from a political party, which means bias. However the MPs elect a speaker as someone they trust can be fair and even handed despite this natural bias. Bercow was judged the most capable mp of fulfilling that and, recently, was given an impressive endorsement when just 5 MPs signed a motion of no confidence in him. That's right, a whole massive 5!

Bercow did not influence brexit in any way. What he did, after the vote, in a q&a with university students was admit he voted to remain. Yet he conducted the business of the house impartially.

That is quite different to Robinson. He reports events, he should not try to influence them.

"It's not his role to give opinion pieces, he just needs to stick to reporting what Corbyn says and does as accurately as possible. People can decide for themselves. He doesn't need to add his own snide comments. He can always report opponents criticisms. "

In which case it can easily be argued he did report accurately on what Corbyn says and does, ie says a lot but doesn't have the details to back it up.

Back on the valium for you, you need to calm downand relax.

He has a history of bias, as have quite a few other commentators.

After the Conservatives U-turn on a budget commitment, an admission of a serious political mistake, the reporting did not remark on its significance but merely said Labour had failed to capitalise, when in fact, they had mounted a reasonable backlash which the BBC did not report. Labour were made out to be ineffectual where in fact, it was the opposite with the opposite shoe fitting both sides.

Now now people what has Big Black Cock ever done to us?

I think it's true. Whether it's fine or not depends on what you think bias actually is.

Seems we do agree on some things. I think Nick Robinson's tweet has a ring of truth in it as well. "

It's completely true. So how can it be biased either way? The truth is the truth.....

Hartlepool

It's not true, it's an opinion, one he should keep to himself or resign from his job and become a columnist for the spectator or the daily mail.

Newbury

Seems we do agree on some things. I think Nick Robinson's tweet has a ring of truth in it as well.

It's completely true. So how can it be biased either way? The truth is the truth....."

What a ridiculous post.

"I'll show you my truth if you show me yours"

Cannock

"It's not true, it's an opinion, one he should keep to himself or resign from his job and become a columnist for the spectator or the daily mail. "

Nick Robinson's opinion seems to be an opinion many on here agree with on this issue then.

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"The BBC is biased towards Labour and has been for Years !"

The BBC is NOT biased towards or against anyone. It reports the news in an objective manner...... Why don't people understand that?

Bolton

[Removed by poster at 26/04/17 11:41:58]

"The BBC is biased towards Labour and has been for Years !

The BBC is NOT biased towards or against anyone. It reports the news in an objective manner...... Why don't people understand that? "

Rubbish. It's supposed to, but hasn't done in years

Newbury

The BBC is NOT biased towards or against anyone. It reports the news in an objective manner...... Why don't people understand that? "

It doesn't do that either.

Bolton

The BBC is NOT biased towards or against anyone. It reports the news in an objective manner...... Why don't people understand that?

Rubbish. It's supposed to, but hasn't done in years"

Well I support the BBC and do not find them in anyway biased...

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

Well I support the BBC and do not find them in anyway biased..."

You would,you no know different,you live in Bolton lol

Bolton

Well I support the BBC and do not find them in anyway biased...You would,you no know different,you live in Bolton lol"

Sorry, I don't follow you....

» Add a new message to this topic