FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Can Anybody Find Any Significant Difference Between May’s Policies and the BNP Manifesto 2005?

Can Anybody Find Any Significant Difference Between May’s Policies and the BNP Manifesto 2005?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oi_Lucy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barbados

This is quite scary. The BNP manifest from 2005:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/BNP_uk_manifesto.pdf

Pretty much is the current Tory stance for this election.

The British National Party in 2005 advocated:

– Severe cuts in immigration

– Leaving the EU

– Bringing back grammar schools

– Increased military spending

– More “security” and “strong leadership”

– Foreign policy driven by “British national interest” not human rights

– Reduce development aid

Just in case you didn't realise quite how far right this country has slipped over the past decade.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/04/can-anybody-find-significant-difference-mays-policies-british-national-party-manifesto-2005/

-Matt

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As far as I'm aware development aid isn't being reduced by the Tories but other than that, what is wrong with that manifesto?

By *oorland2Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

"As far as I'm aware development aid isn't being reduced by the Tories but other than that, what is wrong with that manifesto?"

Nowt what so ever, and why shouldn't foreign be cut

It's a total waste of UK tax payers money, invest it at home help those who need helping and let's all feel some benefit from it

Barbados

I guessed the two of you would say there is nothing wrong with it. Did you vote for the BNP in 2005? If not, why not?

-Matt

"I guessed the two of you would say there is nothing wrong with it. Did you vote for the BNP in 2005? If not, why not?

-Matt"

I voted Tory to get Labour out.

Why? Shouldn't people be allowed to vote BNP in your tolerant world?

Barbados

"I guessed the two of you would say there is nothing wrong with it. Did you vote for the BNP in 2005? If not, why not?

-Matt

Why? Shouldn't people be allowed to vote BNP in your tolerant world? "

No, they can vote for whoever they want. Considering how much I bang on about democracy on here, why do you think I would want to restrict who people should vote for?

-Matt

-Matt

No, they can vote for whoever they want. Considering how much I bang on about democracy on here, why do you think I would want to restrict who people should vote for?

-Matt"

Well why are you asking if people voted BNP? Are you trying to cast a slight on people?

Stoke

-Matt"

I wouldn't and have never voted BNP, so your next assumption is?...

Stoke

-Matt

-Matt

Well why are you asking if people voted BNP? Are you trying to cast a slight on people?"

These are really nasty comments, will Matt get a timed ban for them...

Barbados

-Matt

-Matt

Well why are you asking if people voted BNP? Are you trying to cast a slight on people?"

No, not at all. Why? do you think someone voting BNP is a slight on them?

I was merely comparing the two manifestos and how the policies of a party that would be seen as extreme right wing have now been copied almost verbatim by the Tories.

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

Well why are you asking if people voted BNP? Are you trying to cast a slight on people?

I was merely comparing the two manifestos and how the policies of a party that would be seen as extreme right wing have now been copied almost verbatim by the Tories.

-Matt"

How is that manifest at the top extreme right wing?

Barbados

-Matt

-Matt

These are really nasty comments, will Matt get a timed ban for them..."

Why would I get a ban for asking if you voted for a party whose policies you like? Or do you not vite based on policies? Why is it a nasty comment? Do you have something against the BNP?

-Matt

Barbados

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

How is that manifest at the top extreme right wing?"

You don't think the BNP were extreme right wing?

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt"

How is that manifesto at the top extreme right wing?

-Matt

-Matt

Why would I get a ban for asking if you voted for a party whose policies you like? Or do you not vite based on policies? Why is it a nasty comment? Do you have something against the BNP?

-Matt"

I have something against the BNP don't you?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Leaving the EU has never been in a Conservative manifesto

Stoke

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt"

The BNP were the BNP and were of no significance or interest to me, hence I took no interest in them as a political party.

Why do areas like tower hamlets have such a high postal vote ratio, is that because they are politically corrupt

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

How is that manifesto at the top extreme right wing?"

All look like right wing policies to me. Honestly, next you'll questioning the colours of the rainbow

Barbados

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

How is that manifesto at the top extreme right wing?"

Read what I wrote again. I called the party extreme right wing. I can see perhaps it was ambiguous if you had preconceived ideas.

-Matt

Barbados

"Leaving the EU has never been in a Conservative manifesto"

No, but protecting our place in the single market was a part of the Tory 2015 manifesto.

A points based controlled immigration was in the Tory 2005 manifesto, but I guess not enough people liked the idea o vote them in.

-Matt

Barbados

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

I have something against the BNP don't you?"

Yes I do. I think their policies are too right wing.

-Matt

Stoke

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

Read what I wrote again. I called the party extreme right wing. I can see perhaps it was ambiguous if you had preconceived ideas.

-Matt"

The biggest benefactors of foreign aid are the major finicial institutions who run most the foreign aid spending on behalf of the UK government, and I'm sure your anti financial institutions.

Trying to ensure that as a nation we have targeted immigration is good for all who live here.

There's nowt wrong with grammar schools, and I'm sure Diane Abbott and Jeremy can confirm that.

London

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

The biggest benefactors of foreign aid are the major finicial institutions who run most the foreign aid spending on behalf of the UK government, and I'm sure your anti financial institutions.

Trying to ensure that as a nation we have targeted immigration is good for all who live here.

There's nowt wrong with grammar schools, and I'm sure Diane Abbott and Jeremy can confirm that."

Which financial institutions are those? OXFAM, Save the Children and the Red Cross?

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

it doesn't matter to me whether they are right wing, left wing or chicken wing policies, they sound ok

Stoke

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

There's nowt wrong with grammar schools, and I'm sure Diane Abbott and Jeremy can confirm that.

Which financial institutions are those? OXFAM, Save the Children and the Red Cross?

"

how much does oxfam pay its directors?.

London

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

how much does oxfam pay its directors?."

I'm not sure, probably about £80k at least I would expect.

Does that make them a financial institution?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

£80 do u think that's right tho wud ppl donate if they new there money was going towards £80k wages for directors ?

London

"£80 do u think that's right tho wud ppl donate if they new there money was going towards £80k wages for directors ?"

I personally think people should donate to smaller charities.

However, considering Oxfam's budget is around £400 million pounds a year I would expect they compensate accordingly.

Grantham

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

Does that make them a financial institution?"

Oxfam's CEO earns just shy of £120K per annum.

Many other charity bosses earns considerably higher.

London

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt

Does that make them a financial institution?

Oxfam's CEO earns just shy of £120K per annum.

Many other charity bosses earns considerably higher."

Sounds about right for the top job itself. And I would guess Red Cross pays more but would have to check.

Grantham

Red Cross CEO is about £185K per annum if I remember right.

London

"Red Cross CEO is about £185K per annum if I remember right."

That I could definitely believe.

I personally am a big supporter of aid but I would ALWAYS recommend people look into this type of thing before donating.

Accounts are all online via the Charity Commission

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

"This is quite scary. The BNP manifest from 2005:

– Leaving the EU

– Reduce development aid

-Matt"

We're leaving the EU because the voting public wanted that. It wasn't a Tory policy. The BNP wanted to remove us without recourse to the public.

I can't for the life of me, see a problem with increased security. The hundreds of terrorist incidents we could have had has been whittled down to a couple by our security services. And would you prefer weak leadership?

I'm fairly sure we use our aid to influence things that interest us and always have done.

Pretty much every countries foreign policy is based on its own needs. I wish every country was altruistic but not one of them actually is. Yes we'll help if we can in times of crisis but day to day it is how to make things better for us.

I used to like immigration as a policy but saw it happening with no added services to help. Schools, doctors etc. When you add people, you must add services. Because they didn't, immigration must be toned down until we can cope with it.

All that said, I wouldn't vote BNP because they have lots of violent racist fuckwits. That doesn't mean any policy they propose is automatically bad.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

– Leaving the EU

– Reduce development aid

Just in case you didn't realise quite how far right this country has slipped over the past decade.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/04/can-anybody-find-significant-difference-mays-policies-british-national-party-manifesto-2005/

-Matt"

Mays not got a skinhead.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Leaving the EU has never been in a Conservative manifesto"

I'm pretty sure its going to be in this year's manifesto, aren't you?

Cambridge

"£80 do u think that's right tho wud ppl donate if they new there money was going towards £80k wages for directors ?"

How much do you think someone should get who runs a multi million pound organisation, with thousands of staff spread around the world, including in conflict zones, who has to deliver politicised services and interact with high level stake holders including heads of state and government?

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

-Matt

-Matt

-Matt"

Some of UKIP'S policies are the same as Lib Dems. Some of labour's are the same as the Tories, or follow on from last Tory manifesto.

So does that mean all parties are hard right?

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

Hands up if you are a hard racist or a soft racist

Barbados

"Hands up if you are a hard racist or a soft racist "

Or a red, white and blue racist? Lol

-Matt

Stoke

– Leaving the EU

– Reduce development aid

-Matt

We're leaving the EU because the voting public wanted that. It wasn't a Tory policy. The BNP wanted to remove us without recourse to the public.

I can't for the life of me, see a problem with increased security. The hundreds of terrorist incidents we could have had has been whittled down to a couple by our security services. And would you prefer weak leadership?

I'm fairly sure we use our aid to influence things that interest us and always have done.

Pretty much every countries foreign policy is based on its own needs. I wish every country was altruistic but not one of them actually is. Yes we'll help if we can in times of crisis but day to day it is how to make things better for us.

I used to like immigration as a policy but saw it happening with no added services to help. Schools, doctors etc. When you add people, you must add services. Because they didn't, immigration must be toned down until we can cope with it.

All that said, I wouldn't vote BNP because they have lots of violent racist fuckwits. That doesn't mean any policy they propose is automatically bad. "

Stoke

"£80 do u think that's right tho wud ppl donate if they new there money was going towards £80k wages for directors ?

How much do you think someone should get who runs a multi million pound organisation, with thousands of staff spread around the world, including in conflict zones, who has to deliver politicised services and interact with high level stake holders including heads of state and government?"

At least £10 per hour or as a minimum a living wage...

I try not to donate to oxfam or the Red Cross

But at least once a year they come dooor knocking in village so out of courtesy I shove them a few sheckles.

I would much sooner give to local charities, or direct to those in need

Cambridge

"£80 do u think that's right tho wud ppl donate if they new there money was going towards £80k wages for directors ?

How much do you think someone should get who runs a multi million pound organisation, with thousands of staff spread around the world, including in conflict zones, who has to deliver politicised services and interact with high level stake holders including heads of state and government?

But at least once a year they come dooor knocking in village so out of courtesy I shove them a few sheckles.

I would much sooner give to local charities, or direct to those in need"

I don't think you would get the people with the appropriate experience for minimum wage.

Stoke

I don't think you would get the people with the appropriate experience for minimum wage. "

Possibly not, but I think the Red Cross and oxfam are too politically correct, and should keep out of government policy

London

I don't think you would get the people with the appropriate experience for minimum wage.

Possibly not, but I think the Red Cross and oxfam are too politically correct, and should keep out of government policy"

Red Cross are famously apolitical.

Oxfam less so but I disagree anyway. Advocacy is an important part of the role of charities these days.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

– Leaving the EU

– Reduce development aid

-Matt"

They have not yet brought out there manifesto and you are trying to twist things because you have a closed mind

answer ... nope, nothing discernable from what is listed there

Cambridge

Possibly not, but I think the Red Cross and oxfam are too politically correct, and should keep out of government policy"

Right, so your suggestion of minimum wage was rubbish then, how much should be paid for someone to run an organisation outlined above? How much more responsibility is it that your role? Twice as much? Ten times as much? Twenty times as much?

Cambridge

[Removed by poster at 23/04/17 22:43:43]

Stoke

Possibly not, but I think the Red Cross and oxfam are too politically correct, and should keep out of government policy

Right, so your suggestion of minimum wage was rubbish then, how much should be paid for someone to run an organisation outlined above? How much more responsibility is it that your role? Twice as much? Ten times as much? Twenty times as much? "

Thruthfully I wouldn't have a clue, but they are not the charities who I really like to support

Let's be honest no CEO or director does it by themselves they have a huge team full of advisors.

What would be your recommendation as to an appropriate pay scale, as you are obviously more knowledgeable than most are in this area

PS my fave charity would be MIND, who I try to help by donating to on a regular basis. Along with Brighter futures who try to help disfuntional homeless people in to long term accommodation and work

Cambridge

Right, so your suggestion of minimum wage was rubbish then, how much should be paid for someone to run an organisation outlined above? How much more responsibility is it that your role? Twice as much? Ten times as much? Twenty times as much?

Thruthfully I wouldn't have a clue, but they are not the charities who I really like to support

Let's be honest no CEO or director does it by themselves they have a huge team full of advisors.

What would be your recommendation as to an appropriate pay scale, as you are obviously more knowledgeable than most are in this area

PS my fave charity would be MIND, who I try to help by donating to on a regular basis. Along with Brighter futures who try to help disfuntional homeless people in to long term accommodation and work"

I think the rates they are on are appropriate.

"Leaving the EU has never been in a Conservative manifesto

I'm pretty sure its going to be in this year's manifesto, aren't you?"

It will form part of all the major partys' manifesto one way or another. So they must all be right wing.

Stoke

PS my fave charity would be MIND, who I try to help by donating to on a regular basis. Along with Brighter futures who try to help disfuntional homeless people in to long term accommodation and work

I think the rates they are on are appropriate. "

Bloody hell miracles to happen, you directly answered a question

Well done, give yourself a gold star

"Hands up if you are a hard racist or a soft racist

-Matt"

You will have to spell it out. What does that mean exactly

Cambridge

It will form part of all the major partys' manifesto one way or another. So they must all be right wing."

Are the lib dems planning on leaving? Are the SNP?

Cambridge

-Matt

You will have to spell it out. What does that mean exactly "

We're all racists now!

It will form part of all the major partys' manifesto one way or another. So they must all be right wing.

Are the lib dems planning on leaving? Are the SNP? "

I said major partys'. SNP ceased to be one and SNP are regional.

-Matt

We're all racists now! "

You may be racist, but I am not!

Cambridge

-Matt

We're all racists now!

You may be racist, but I am not!"

No, the people have spoken, we're all racist together

Cambridge

I said major partys'. SNP ceased to be one and SNP are regional."

Right then, why don't you list all the "major" parties for us then, then we can get down to the point.

-Matt

We're all racists now!

You may be racist, but I am not!

No, the people have spoken, we're all racist together "

Nope. Seems its just you

Right then, why don't you list all the "major" parties for us then, then we can get down to the point. "

The lib dems and snp are leaving

Right then, why don't you list all the "major" parties for us then, then we can get down to the point. "

There are only two who can claim any chance of winning the election out right. If you can't work that out got yourself then being openly racist isn't your only issue

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

The tory party has always had a staunch right wing element within which lets face facts David Cameron tried to stifle by holding an Eu referendun (which he believed 100% he would win and finally make the rightwing of mps fall into line ) his gamble failed dramatically as he didnt read the voting public ...now the right wing of the tory party have control ..control given by the electorate..hence why the policy shift

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

There is a huge difference between the 2005 BMP manifesto and 2017 Conservative policies...

The 2005 BNP manifesto was the vile product ultra right wing unstable racist zenophobic neo-nazi nationalists...

The policies of the Tories in 2017 are the well thought out centre right policies of a thoughtful and stable government. Just as the Labour policy of capping energy prices was noting short of re-branding the communist manifesto in 2015 but now that May has decided it will get her some extra votes its a prudent caring centre right policy.

Does anyone else find the Tories totally amoral and corrupt to the core?

thornaby

I don't think ppl shud b earning a gud living from working for charity's ppl give from the goodness of there hearts it's not so sum tosser can cream £185k a yr from it it's just not right in my eyes

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I don't get it. What's right wing about wanting more grammar schools, strong leadership, or increased security in the face of an increase in terrorist events across Europe?

If a party wanted a weak leadership, less security and a move away from getting the best from school children, why would anyone vote for them?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I don't get it. What's right wing about wanting more grammar schools, strong leadership, or increased security in the face of an increase in terrorist events across Europe?

If a party wanted a weak leadership, less security and a move away from getting the best from school children, why would anyone vote for them? "

Barbados

"Does anyone else find the Tories totally amoral and corrupt to the core? "

Yes.

-Matt

Cambridge

"I don't get it. What's right wing about wanting more grammar schools, strong leadership, or increased security in the face of an increase in terrorist events across Europe?

If a party wanted a weak leadership, less security and a move away from getting the best from school children, why would anyone vote for them? "

Grammer schools don't get the best for children. If they did, then won't ever child deserve to go to a grammer school?

Cambridge

"I don't think ppl shud b earning a gud living from working for charity's ppl give from the goodness of there hearts it's not so sum tosser can cream £185k a yr from it it's just not right in my eyes "

If people couldn't earn a living, then you wouldn't get good staff working there. Another way to look at it is whatever charity you give to, wouldn't you want the beneficiaries to receive a professional service from subject matter experts?

If a party wanted a weak leadership, less security and a move away from getting the best from school children, why would anyone vote for them?

Grammer schools don't get the best for children. If they did, then won't ever child deserve to go to a grammer school? "

Aspiration and hard work is evil isn't it?

The children who don't get into grammars would also do better because they wouldn't feel as if they are getting left behind by the more able pupils. They would progress at a more appropriate rate

I'm pretty sure its going to be in this year's manifesto, aren't you?"

As the majority voted this in the referendum then it would be daft not to. It will be in Labours manifesto too I would expect?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

I think the BNP wanted to make St Georges day a bank holiday.

Oh hold on. Does that make all Labour voters closet BNP supporters?

thornaby

A lot of charity workers work for free and don't see why a boss of a Charley shud b paid more than the Pm or a police man a teacher a fireman don't get wot u think they do to earn that amount

– Leaving the EU

– Reduce development aid

-Matt"

The biggest thing I took from this is policy driven by national interest, not by human rights.

Usually policies for the most part are driven by the national interest - though with some political ideology sprinkled in.

The alarming issue was 'not by human rights' bit. Once you apply that logic you open a can of worms where you might end up violating your own national's human rights as a result of political ideology. Not to mention it opens a can of worms on international policy.

The other alarming bits are 'more security' and 'stronger leadership'. They are very vague terms.

Yes I want to see more police out in the community to ensure people are safe, and to prevent the service from becoming over stretched - better specialisation where needed and equipment.

But then more security could mean tighter monitoring of internet activity, impeding upon your personal freedoms. All it takes is one ideologically motivated hardliner to get a bill through for tighter monitoring of the public, and you might find a lot of your private thoughts, interests and on this site, fantasies, to become restricted and policed.

Strong leadership - no I don't want strong leadership, that can be subjective, it can also be used to grant more special powers and privileges to the wrong people simply for 'strong leadership', funnily enough man nations and republics have fallen when power resided too much in the wrong hands.

What I want is calm, collective, intelligent, rational leaders, who have the ability to listen and try to act on the criticism they are given, not to mention the evidence, rather than strong words and emotions.

Cambridge

"A lot of charity workers work for free and don't see why a boss of a Charley shud b paid more than the Pm or a police man a teacher a fireman don't get wot u think they do to earn that amount "

Charity workers are paid, there are many volunteers who volunteer for charities and are unpaid. I don't know of any UK charity director who is paid more than the MP, however many council bosses are, and I could be wrong, but isn't Nicola Sturgeon paid more than the PM?

Should the boss of a major international charity with thousands of staff and millions of pounds get paid more than a policeman or a teacher or a fireman? Yes, because they have a lot more responsibilities. In the same way that a head teacher has more responsibility than a classroom teacher and is paid more, obviously the same is true for senior policemen and firemen.

thornaby

And I bet the thousands of staff u talk about r mostly on minimum wage he/she isn't exactly risking there lives dishing out aid in war torn country's prob a 9-5 in an office going for expensive lunches every day I just think it's morally wrong it's not wit ppl want wen they donate realy is it

Cambridge

"And I bet the thousands of staff u talk about r mostly on minimum wage he/she isn't exactly risking there lives dishing out aid in war torn country's prob a 9-5 in an office going for expensive lunches every day I just think it's morally wrong it's not wit ppl want wen they donate realy is it "

They want well run charities providing professional services. That's not free. There are smaller charities without paid staff, if you really object to staff pay then contribute to them.

thornaby

No it's my opinion thank u I'll do wot I want not wot u tell me who do u think u r mite of known u wid think it was great to give away 185k in a wage of donated money

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Grammer schools don't get the best for children. If they did, then won't ever child deserve to go to a grammer school? "

If that child passes the 11 plus then yes. It's not rocket science.

– Leaving the EU

– Reduce development aid

-Matt"

hmmm has it slipped yiur notice that the communist party wants every one to Vote Labour !

Doesn't that show how far to the left they have gone

Cambridge

"No it's my opinion thank u I'll do wot I want not wot u tell me who do u think u r mite of known u wid think it was great to give away 185k in a wage of donated money "

You are pissed of with charities that pay staff, so I suggest that you donate to charities that don't pay staff, and you say you are not going to do that because I suggested it, meaning you will donate to charities that you are pissed off with! Classic

thornaby

Who sed I'm pissed of I just don't think paying sumone £185k who works for a charity is wrong is it only yr opinion that counts on here yr so far up yr own arse lol

Cambridge

"Who sed I'm pissed of I just don't think paying sumone £185k who works for a charity is wrong is it only yr opinion that counts on here yr so far up yr own arse lol "

I’m struggling to understand your text speak, in this post you say paying someone £185k isn’t wrong, when I thought you had previously been saying it was. I don’t believe that any is actually paid that amount anyway, earlier on Oxfam was mentioned but I understand their director general earns less that £125k.

Grantham

"Who sed I'm pissed of I just don't think paying sumone £185k who works for a charity is wrong is it only yr opinion that counts on here yr so far up yr own arse lol

I’m struggling to understand your text speak, in this post you say paying someone £185k isn’t wrong, when I thought you had previously been saying it was. I don’t believe that any is actually paid that amount anyway, earlier on Oxfam was mentioned but I understand their director general earns less that £125k.

"

Oxfam is about £120k,Red Cross is about £185k

thornaby

Ment it's wrong it's this bloody fone sorry my fault even £125 k is to much in my eyes but once again it's only my opinion

Cambridge

"Who sed I'm pissed of I just don't think paying sumone £185k who works for a charity is wrong is it only yr opinion that counts on here yr so far up yr own arse lol

Oxfam is about £120k,Red Cross is about £185k"

Yeah I see that one guy got just under £185k, and it seems like the current guy is on £170k for the British Red Cross, but he is looking after an income of £260m a year. I think it's reasonable, the trustees think it's reasonable, and the donors think it's reasonable, but obviously not everyone does.

thornaby

Yes it's a massive budget he may work very hard but u think one way I think the other that's wot this forum is about isn't it personal opinions

Stoke

» Add a new message to this topic