FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Junckers arse

Junckers arse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oorland2 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

was Juncker talking out of his arse again last week, when he said french is now the international language of choice in Europe.

A few things make me question his thought process, when ever I travel I notice youngsters from many different parts of the world using English as the common denominator.

2 friends of mine 1 Norwegian and 1 Swede both say that they use English when ever talking business, as it is the simplest language for both of them to converse in and negotiate in.

And when i googled the most common language for international business French couldn't even make it in to the top 8.

Or is he simply pissed off that party will soon be over, and is trying to intimate the populace of the UK with his comments.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"was Juncker talking out of his arse again last week, when he said french is now the international language of choice in Europe.

A few things make me question his thought process, when ever I travel I notice youngsters from many different parts of the world using English as the common denominator.

2 friends of mine 1 Norwegian and 1 Swede both say that they use English when ever talking business, as it is the simplest language for both of them to converse in and negotiate in.

And when i googled the most common language for international business French couldn't even make it in to the top 8.

Or is he simply pissed off that party will soon be over, and is trying to intimate the populace of the UK with his comments."

Je ne sais pas. Allez le bleu.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think he was having a bit of banter.

Before 1973 French was the language of the EU after we joined it sort of lost ground to English, now we've fucked off it may while transit back somewhat

"was Juncker talking out of his arse again last week, when he said french is now the international language of choice in Europe.

Or is he simply pissed off that party will soon be over, and is trying to intimate the populace of the UK with his comments."

he was simply making a joke aNd as he was in France he said he preferred to speak in French...surly that's understandable

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

We spoke French for many years from 1066!

It's now 2017 though, and English is very much more important throughout the world.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"I think he was having a bit of banter.

Before 1973 French was the language of the EU after we joined it sort of lost ground to English, now we've fucked off it may while transit back somewhat"

Exactly, it was just a very small dig at Brexit. Not really worth getting annoyed about, unless you're the kind of person who has decided to be annoyed at every single thing the EU does or says

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Before 1973 French was the language of the EU after we joined it sort of lost ground to English, now we've fucked off it may while transit back somewhat

Exactly, it was just a very small dig at Brexit. Not really worth getting annoyed about, unless you're the kind of person who has decided to be annoyed at every single thing the EU does or says

"

Quelle surprise there are such people on here..

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Quelle surprise there are such people on here.. "

Wait until these people lose their shit when we start negotiating with the Chinese and end up speaking Mandarin

[yes, that was a joke]

-Matt

Glad you raised this one OP. I have to agree he is a bit of a knob. But the world is full of knobs I guess, some are in positions of power and seek to stay there with their knobby comments. He's just a knob.

Stoke

"Glad you raised this one OP. I have to agree he is a bit of a knob. But the world is full of knobs I guess, some are in positions of power and seek to stay there with their knobby comments. He's just a knob."

I listened to it and all that it did was show what an up his own arse fuckwit he is.

Always comes across as aragant

Renowned for his taxpayer-funded boozing sessions, you can see the d*unk (in charge of the EU!?) in action here: https://www.rt.com/news/345474-junker-riga-d*unk-speculation/

Stoke

"Renowned for his taxpayer-funded boozing sessions, you can see the d*unk (in charge of the EU!?) in action here: https://www.rt.com/news/345474-junker-riga-d*unk-speculation/"

He's as pissed as a newt, did he face disciplinary action for bringing the EU in to disrepute.

Fucking hell if I rocked up for work like that and behaved in that manner I'd never get another booking

And he has the audacity to judge Theresa Mays thought process

Quelle surprise there are such people on here..

Wait until these people lose their shit when we start negotiating with the Chinese and end up speaking Mandarin

[yes, that was a joke]

-Matt"

Damn...I use a Cantonese Chippy as well

"Renowned for his taxpayer-funded boozing sessions, you can see the d*unk (in charge of the EU!?) in action here: https://www.rt.com/news/345474-junker-riga-d*unk-speculation/

He's as pissed as a newt, did he face disciplinary action for bringing the EU in to disrepute.

Fucking hell if I rocked up for work like that and behaved in that manner I'd never get another booking

And he has the audacity to judge Theresa Mays thought process "

Under EU rules he'll probably get a bonus on his multi-million Euro pension for his services...to alcohol.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Renowned for his taxpayer-funded boozing sessions, you can see the d*unk (in charge of the EU!?) in action here: https://www.rt.com/news/345474-junker-riga-d*unk-speculation/

And he has the audacity to judge Theresa Mays thought process

Under EU rules he'll probably get a bonus on his multi-million Euro pension for his services...to alcohol. "

Him and Farage have that in common at least..

Former Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis was on the radio a few days ago talking about the bailout negotiations he had with Juncker and Merkel. He described Juncker as "insignificant" and a "figurehead" "tolerated" by Merkel.

So when it comes to Brexit, May will have to be at her bloody-minded best as it will not be the d*unk EU President she will be dealing with but a sober Merkel... with a squealing Macron sitting on her lap.

Stoke

"Former Greek finance minister Yanis Varoufakis was on the radio a few days ago talking about the bailout negotiations he had with Juncker and Merkel. He described Juncker as "insignificant" and a "figurehead" "tolerated" by Merkel.

So when it comes to Brexit, May will have to be at her bloody-minded best as it will not be the d*unk EU President she will be dealing with but a sober Merkel... with a squealing Macron sitting on her lap."

I'm dam sure she is up to the job, unlike Jeremy and his team

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Glad you raised this one OP. I have to agree he is a bit of a knob. But the world is full of knobs I guess, some are in positions of power and seek to stay there with their knobby comments. He's just a knob."

A bit of a knob? I'd say he is a lot of a knob, lol. He's now admitted that leaking part of the 'private' dinner with Theresa May details to the German press was a huge mistake and has strengthened Theresa May's hand in the general election. He's also tried to pass the blame for it onto someone else and thrown his close friend EU commission cabinet chief Martin Selmayr under the bus in an attempt to pass the buck. Reports say Merkel is furious with Juncker about the leak and the EU's brexit negotiator Michel Barnier is embarrassed by Junckers behaviour. The EU say they are 'united' but cracks are starting to emerge in the EU and negotiations haven't even properly started yet.

Cannock

"We spoke French for many years from 1066!

It's now 2017 though, and English is very much more important throughout the world."

English is the dominant language throughout the world spoken in the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Rep of Ireland and most of the Commonwealth. It will remain so after Brexit, sounds like the comment was just another jealous D*unken slur from Juncker.

Grantham

It's now 2017 though, and English is very much more important throughout the world.

English is the dominant language throughout the world spoken in the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Rep of Ireland and most of the Commonwealth. It will remain so after Brexit, sounds like the comment was just another jealous D*unken slur from Juncker. "

Think Chinese and Spanish eclipse English but English is the language of Business and Air Traffic Control, and no denying how important they are!

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

English is the dominant language throughout the world spoken in the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Rep of Ireland and most of the Commonwealth. It will remain so after Brexit, sounds like the comment was just another jealous D*unken slur from Juncker.

Think Chinese and Spanish eclipse English but English is the language of Business and Air Traffic Control, and no denying how important they are!"

I think english is the most commonly learnt second language, we were talking with a dutch and german couple while on holiday and they said that when speaking to other nationals it was english they all used as most understood a bit, the dutch guy said no one knows any dutch apart from the dutch

I was in Bulgaria a few weeks ago. A little incident happened at the 10 pin bowling alley. Honestly very minor so that's not the problem but it's amazing how if you want to make a complaint no one can understand a word of English .

I suspect that might happen in the conference room when we start complaining about the terms of brexit being a bit harsh

By *oyce69Man  over a year ago

Driffield

You might struggle to land an airplane if you speak French seeing as English is the standard for pilots and air traffic control.

Grantham

Isn't English the language of sea farers?

"Isn't English the language of sea farers?"
Yes if you have a pirate twang to your accent

Cannock

"I was in Bulgaria a few weeks ago. A little incident happened at the 10 pin bowling alley. Honestly very minor so that's not the problem but it's amazing how if you want to make a complaint no one can understand a word of English .

I suspect that might happen in the conference room when we start complaining about the terms of brexit being a bit harsh "

Boris Johnson speaks fluent french as well as a number of other languages.

Remember when they tried to introduce Esperanto as the universal language ? That fell flat on its arse

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"Remember when they tried to introduce Esperanto as the universal language ? That fell flat on its arse "

Didn't it just...total waste of my language education

» Add a new message to this topic