FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > BBC

BBC

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The BBC.

What do we think of them .

I put them high on the list of misinformation and manipulation.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The BBC.

I put them high on the list of misinformation and manipulation."

I would place the tabloids top of the list.The BBC is pro goverment of the day.

They push the myth of Tory popularity and labour unpopularity.

"The BBC.

I put them high on the list of misinformation and manipulation. I would place the tabloids top of the list.The BBC is pro goverment of the day.

They push the myth of Tory popularity and labour unpopularity. "

Rubbish. The BBC is rammed with Left wing luvvies.

Personally I think it should be made to stand up on its own two feet and take away the licence fee. I begrudge paying for something I dont use. I never listen to BBC radio stations and cannot remember the last time I watched a BBC programme

Here's an idea!.

Why don't you stop watching all the bullshit sheeple, Everything comes with an off button you know!!

Tune off, turn in, drop out!

"The BBC.

I put them high on the list of misinformation and manipulation. I would place the tabloids top of the list.The BBC is pro goverment of the day.

Rubbish. The BBC is rammed with Left wing luvvies.

Personally I think it should be made to stand up on its own two feet and take away the licence fee. I begrudge paying for something I dont use. I never listen to BBC radio stations and cannot remember the last time I watched a BBC programme"

I know ridiculous hey! All these nukes and I never get to push the button, fucking outrageous

Deffinatly left wing PC , Remain Biased !

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Since the election has been announced we havent watched one news programme and its great, we rarely read newspapers either.

Plenty of other ways of getting news without having to put up with the interviewers who want to make a name for themselves rather than ask decent questions. To be honest I'm not sure which are worse the politicians or journalists or which started the slide into the dismal tv we have now.

the other day I was reading the front page of the times the day the first WW broke out, oh how different from the spiced/ sexed up crap produced now.

Wouldnt worry me if I never saw one telly programme ever again

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

For as long as I can remember I've heard people claim the BBC has a bias either to the Right or Left. But people never give any examples,which makes the whole conversation pointless.

what do i think about them you say? ..... i don't think about them

"Deffinatly left wing PC , Remain Biased !"

Have you checked it over the last month? the regular reporters have been more to the tories and more to leave - or portraying the EU negatively.

Of course there are going to be pieces which are pro-remain and more left leaning.

Someone did the maths I believe and worked out that since the start of the year tge tories and UKIP have sucked up about 2 thirds of the BBC politics airtime and publishments, whilst labour and the left wing parties take up the remaining third.

There will always be a mix of opinion on the beeb which is good, but ultimately it will always be atleast half pro-governing party agenda.

"Since the election has been announced we havent watched one news programme and its great, we rarely read newspapers either.

Plenty of other ways of getting news without having to put up with the interviewers who want to make a name for themselves rather than ask decent questions. To be honest I'm not sure which are worse the politicians or journalists or which started the slide into the dismal tv we have now.

the other day I was reading the front page of the times the day the first WW broke out, oh how different from the spiced/ sexed up crap produced now.

Wouldnt worry me if I never saw one telly programme ever again "

I do agree that journalism has lost it's edge now.

There is a reason I'm happy to pay for a subscription to the Economist and New Scientist.

I put it down to the 24 hour nature of news, they know if someone fucks up on reporting something it will be forgotten in two days time or overshadowed.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"The BBC.

Even though they are fully trained, professional journalists?

Even though they have ethical editorial oversight?

Even though they have an independent ombudsmen who ensures their balanced out put?

Even though they have to publish corrections when wrong?

Even when they have both internal as well as independent complaints procedures for the public to hold them to account?

Out of interest OP, which news source do you trust that has all of the above?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

the people on the right think they are too left wing....

the people on the left think they are too right wing....

so if everyone hates them.. they can't bee doing everything bad!!!

also having watched news coverage from different countries then think brits get very lasse-fair about it, I don't think you realise what a good thing you have....

lets take two murdoch news arms.... sky news, and fox news

fox news wish they would be sky news.... fox news have been fighting to keep sky news off us cable systems for the last 10 years.....

By *wingtolifeCouple  over a year ago

who knows

"The BBC.

Even though they have an independent ombudsmen who ensures their balanced out put?

Even when they have both internal as well as independent complaints procedures for the public to hold them to account?

Out of interest OP, which news source do you trust that has all of the above? "

theyre just trained actors following a script and an agenda, they dont report facts they spew out propaganda.

the uk is ranked about 40 for media transparency.

dont watch the news its all negative.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Deffinatly left wing PC , Remain Biased !

Have you checked it over the last month? the regular reporters have been more to the tories and more to leave - or portraying the EU negatively.

Of course there are going to be pieces which are pro-remain and more left leaning.

Someone did the maths I believe and worked out that since the start of the year tge tories and UKIP have sucked up about 2 thirds of the BBC politics airtime and publishments, whilst labour and the left wing parties take up the remaining third.

There will always be a mix of opinion on the beeb which is good, but ultimately it will always be atleast half pro-governing party agenda."

The BBC does have a history of showing bias. During the Scottish independence referendum a study showed more hours coverage was given to the Pro unionist side, whilst the nationalists got less coverage. There was a gathering/protest outside BBC headquarters in Scotland by SNP supporters about it during the Scottish referendum. Then during the EU referendum another study showed more hours coverage was given to the Remain campaign. So yes the BBC is clearly biased. Personally I can't stand the obsession the BBC seem to have with seeing to be politically correct all the time. It needs to drop the politically correct agenda and when it comes to things like referendums an equal amount of coverage should be given to both sides.

Cambridge

"The BBC.

Out of interest OP, which news source do you trust that has all of the above? theyre just trained actors following a script and an agenda, they dont report facts they spew out propaganda.

dont watch the news its all negative. "

No, they’re not. The Press Freedom Index is nothing to do with the quality of journalism in a country, its about how the government treats the press.

who knows

"The BBC.

Out of interest OP, which news source do you trust that has all of the above? theyre just trained actors following a script and an agenda, they dont report facts they spew out propaganda.

No, they’re not. The Press Freedom Index is nothing to do with the quality of journalism in a country, its about how the government treats the press."

think youre still living in the past abit, the bbc does not live up to its name like in its hey day it serves corporate interests and is totally biased and full of propaganda. atm theyre government mouth pieces.

investigative journalism has gone out the window in present times, its on par with fox news, and it just spouts narrative.

Cambridge

"The BBC.

No, they’re not. The Press Freedom Index is nothing to do with the quality of journalism in a country, its about how the government treats the press. think youre still living in the past abit, the bbc does not live up to its name like in its hey day it serves corporate interests and is totally biased and full of propaganda. atm theyre government mouth pieces.

investigative journalism has gone out the window in present times, its on par with fox news, and it just spouts narrative."

So why do other people claim they are a mouth piece for the left?

who knows

"The BBC.

No, they’re not. The Press Freedom Index is nothing to do with the quality of journalism in a country, its about how the government treats the press. think youre still living in the past abit, the bbc does not live up to its name like in its hey day it serves corporate interests and is totally biased and full of propaganda. atm theyre government mouth pieces.

investigative journalism has gone out the window in present times, its on par with fox news, and it just spouts narrative.

So why do other people claim they are a mouth piece for the left? "

not sure,maybe coz they have a few left wing comedians on there and it confuses people

"For as long as I can remember I've heard people claim the BBC has a bias either to the Right or Left. But people never give any examples,which makes the whole conversation pointless.

"

The BBC used the phrase "Kashmiri Muslim" when Tanveer Hussain was denied a USA visa.

When the paedophile molested an under age girl in the USA, the BBC referred to him as an "Indian Athlete".

Cambridge

"For as long as I can remember I've heard people claim the BBC has a bias either to the Right or Left. But people never give any examples,which makes the whole conversation pointless.

The BBC used the phrase "Kashmiri Muslim" when Tanveer Hussain was denied a USA visa.

When the paedophile molested an under age girl in the USA, the BBC referred to him as an "Indian Athlete".

"

And?...

Cambridge

"

They also refer to DJ Jimmy Savile and broadcaster Stuart Hall and veteran entertainer, musician and artist Rolf Harris.

It is a fairly common journalistic norm to put some kind of description in from of the persons name.

What is youe criticism of this practice exactly?

"

The BBC attempted to link the riot in the immigrant neighbourhood of Rinkeby, Sweden in late February directly to Trump's "Last night in Sweden" comment: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39047455

The riot (a very well known tactic by drug dealers and their associates) occurred after police attempted to arrest a local drug dealer.

The smug BBC, Sky etc. of course never bothered to send an investigative reporter to Sweden because they don't do investigative reporting anymore because it can upset the doctrine of political correctness.

"

Even the BBC thinks it's biased:

"The BBC Trust's editorial standards committee ruled on complaints about two pieces by Bowen, one online and one on Radio 4's From Our Own Correspondent.

References in the web article to "Zionism's innate instinct to push out the frontier", Israel's "defiance of everyone's interpretation of international law except its own" and Israeli generals' sense they were dealing with "unfinished business" left over from the 1948 war of independence, broke BBC rules on accuracy, the committee said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39047455

Cambridge

"The BBC Trust's editorial standards committee ruled on complaints about two pieces by Bowen, one online and one on Radio 4's From Our Own Correspondent.

References in the web article to "Zionism's innate instinct to push out the frontier", Israel's "defiance of everyone's interpretation of international law except its own" and Israeli generals' sense they were dealing with "unfinished business" left over from the 1948 war of independence, broke BBC rules on accuracy, the committee said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39047455"

So surely that is proving you wrong, showing the oversight mechanisms in action, publishing their findings etc.

"The BBC.

Don't care. I make my own observations and decisions in life.

who knows

So surely that is proving you wrong, showing the oversight mechanisms in action, publishing their findings etc. "

thats like publishing an apology on page 24 in a little corner. the jobs done. they got it out there. bbc carries on as usual.

Cambridge

So surely that is proving you wrong, showing the oversight mechanisms in action, publishing their findings etc. thats like publishing an apology on page 24 in a little corner. the jobs done. they got it out there. bbc carries on as usual."

So would you prefer people get their news from sources like YouTube or blogs where there no independent board, complaints procedure or apologies? No ombudsmen? No IPSO?

who knows

So surely that is proving you wrong, showing the oversight mechanisms in action, publishing their findings etc. thats like publishing an apology on page 24 in a little corner. the jobs done. they got it out there. bbc carries on as usual.

So would you prefer people get their news from sources like YouTube or blogs where there no independent board, complaints procedure or apologies? No ombudsmen? No IPSO? "

i think people should get the facts/ news from a variety of news sources, there are always 3 sides to a story.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

The BBC is broadly impartial. Spend a bit of time (for example) in America and flick between two side by side news channels reporting the same story. It is outrageous.

The BBC can forom time to time be found guilty of political bias either way and that is what gives it balance. Those who hold an agenda won't recognise when their side of a story is being upheld or promoted but will very quickly identify and attack if a contrary slant is delivered.

who knows

So surely that is proving you wrong, showing the oversight mechanisms in action, publishing their findings etc. thats like publishing an apology on page 24 in a little corner. the jobs done. they got it out there. bbc carries on as usual.

So would you prefer people get their news from sources like YouTube or blogs where there no independent board, complaints procedure or apologies? No ombudsmen? No IPSO? i think people should get the facts/ news from a variety of news sources, there are always 3 sides to a story."

and with mainstream media they only tell you what they want you to know or to think.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The BBC.

Well the general election will prove your so called myth,they say that even though they favour the labour party,but you cannot deny the facts

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"The BBC.

Don't care. I make my own observations and decisions in life."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39047455"

I think the Israelis call it hasbara!

Control of the narrative and propaganda

Cambridge

So would you prefer people get their news from sources like YouTube or blogs where there no independent board, complaints procedure or apologies? No ombudsmen? No IPSO? i think people should get the facts/ news from a variety of news sources, there are always 3 sides to a story. and with mainstream media they only tell you what they want you to know or to think."

So are you saying that you do want people who aren't qualified, aren't overseen, without complaints procedures or ethical committees without published accounts of where their funding comes from and without declarations of conflicts of interest. You think that makes those sources better? Is that what you're saying?

who knows

So would you prefer people get their news from sources like YouTube or blogs where there no independent board, complaints procedure or apologies? No ombudsmen? No IPSO? i think people should get the facts/ news from a variety of news sources, there are always 3 sides to a story. and with mainstream media they only tell you what they want you to know or to think.

So are you saying that you do want people who aren't qualified, aren't overseen, without complaints procedures or ethical committees without published accounts of where their funding comes from and without declarations of conflicts of interest. You think that makes those sources better? Is that what you're saying? "

people can get their news from wherever they like, mainstream media spount nonsense and hate with no real repercussions, but they get to plant their hated seed in peoples heads before its too late. seeing as 80% of the population gets their news from 6 billionaires they can say pretty much damn what they like, even local news is owned by some US media company.

if you think its just how come the licenses of journalism arent revoked from sky,sun the mail.

"The BBC.

Be thankful, they prevented the split up of the UK, preventing Scotland from becoming independent.

Spin does have its use at times.

Cambridge

So would you prefer people get their news from sources like YouTube or blogs where there no independent board, complaints procedure or apologies? No ombudsmen? No IPSO? i think people should get the facts/ news from a variety of news sources, there are always 3 sides to a story. and with mainstream media they only tell you what they want you to know or to think.

So are you saying that you do want people who aren't qualified, aren't overseen, without complaints procedures or ethical committees without published accounts of where their funding comes from and without declarations of conflicts of interest. You think that makes those sources better? Is that what you're saying? people can get their news from wherever they like, mainstream media spount nonsense and hate with no real repercussions, but they get to plant their hated seed in peoples heads before its too late. seeing as 80% of the population gets their news from 6 billionaires they can say pretty much damn what they like, even local news is owned by some US media company.

if you think its just how come the licenses of journalism arent revoked from sky,sun the mail.

"

Is the BBC owned by one of these 6 billionaires?

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple  over a year ago

Slough

"The BBC.

Don't forget to put your money where your mouth is then, 14-1 odds if Labour have a chance of getting in...

Slough

There will always be a mix of opinion on the beeb which is good, but ultimately it will always be atleast half pro-governing party agenda."

Did you read their piece on Das Kapital where they blatantly ignore it's blindly obviously failures or their coverage of Cuba which makes it seem like the happy island that people just happen to bump to sharks when they desperately try and leave it.

who knows

"The BBC.

Don't forget to put your money where your mouth is then, 14-1 odds if Labour have a chance of getting in... "

best investment this year

Slough

"The BBC.

Don't forget to put your money where your mouth is then, 14-1 odds if Labour have a chance of getting in... best investment this year"

How much have you put down?

"The BBC.

Don't forget to put your money where your mouth is then, 14-1 odds if Labour have a chance of getting in... best investment this year

How much have you put down?"

Got to be worth a tenner..Greens are 1000/1 i will always vote green .

Slough

"The BBC.

Don't forget to put your money where your mouth is then, 14-1 odds if Labour have a chance of getting in... best investment this year

How much have you put down?Got to be worth a tenner..Greens are 1000/1 i will always vote green . "

1,000 - 1 is rubbish when you think leicester winning the premier league was 5,000-1

who knows

"The BBC.

How much have you put down?"

£500

Slough

"The BBC.

How much have you put down?£500"

Respect

By *inkyHnSCouple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

There will always be a mix of opinion on the beeb which is good, but ultimately it will always be atleast half pro-governing party agenda.

The BBC does have a history of showing bias. During the Scottish independence referendum a study showed more hours coverage was given to the Pro unionist side, whilst the nationalists got less coverage. There was a gathering/protest outside BBC headquarters in Scotland by SNP supporters about it during the Scottish referendum. Then during the EU referendum another study showed more hours coverage was given to the Remain campaign. So yes the BBC is clearly biased. Personally I can't stand the obsession the BBC seem to have with seeing to be politically correct all the time. It needs to drop the politically correct agenda and when it comes to things like referendums an equal amount of coverage should be given to both sides. "

While i do agree with that you said about the Scottish independence referendum and the coverage was given to the Pro unionist side more.

I will point this out you said SNP supporters gathered to protest outside BBC headquarters in Scotland that is wrong the truth is the YES movement did protect as their was no parties.

Did you know there is Scottish Green supporters that are pro indy same with the Scottish Socialist Party are you claiming they are all SNP now ?

As for the BBC bunch of dickheads and anyone willing to give them the £147 more fool you but there is plenty of other things that money could go on that give those dickheads any money same with SKY they can get to fuck too

[Removed by poster at 14/05/17 06:30:01]

"...So would you prefer people get their news from sources like YouTube or blogs where there no independent board, complaints procedure or apologies? No ombudsmen? No IPSO? "

There were anti government/police riots by rioters in Paris and other parts of France in February of this year. When I put the phrase "BBC Paris riots 2017" into Google Videos I got one hit. When I did the same for youtube I discovered the truth... including rioters FILMING THEMSELVES.

I suppose sending a reporter with a mobile phone/camera on a two and a half hour Eurostar trip to Paris (or Sweden...or Rotherham) from Broadcasting House is just too far and too expensive for the BBC!? The fact is of course that BBC bias is proven by what it chooses NOT to report as much as what it actually does report.

Cambridge

"...So would you prefer people get their news from sources like YouTube or blogs where there no independent board, complaints procedure or apologies? No ombudsmen? No IPSO?

There were anti government/police riots by rioters in Paris and other parts of France in February of this year. When I put the phrase "BBC Paris riots 2017" into Google Videos I got one hit. When I did the same for youtube I discovered the truth... including rioters FILMING THEMSELVES.

I suppose sending a reporter with a mobile phone/camera on a two and a half hour Eurostar trip to Paris (or Sweden...or Rotherham) from Broadcasting House is just too far and too expensive for the BBC!? The fact is of course that BBC bias is proven by what it chooses NOT to report as much as what it actually does report."

YouTube and Google Video are owned by the same company.

So what balanced analysis did these rioters give you to help you better understand the issues involved?

What proof do you have that the scenes you saw were indeed Paris riots in 2017? Could they have been from a difderent city? A different country? A different time? A different situation entirely from what they had titled their video?

If you have a complaint about what was in the video, what statutory complaints procedures are open to you?

who knows

"...So would you prefer people get their news from sources like YouTube or blogs where there no independent board, complaints procedure or apologies? No ombudsmen? No IPSO?

I suppose sending a reporter with a mobile phone/camera on a two and a half hour Eurostar trip to Paris (or Sweden...or Rotherham) from Broadcasting House is just too far and too expensive for the BBC!? The fact is of course that BBC bias is proven by what it chooses NOT to report as much as what it actually does report.

YouTube and Google Video are owned by the same company.

So what balanced analysis did these rioters give you to help you better understand the issues involved?

What proof do you have that the scenes you saw were indeed Paris riots in 2017? Could they have been from a difderent city? A different country? A different time? A different situation entirely from what they had titled their video?

If you have a complaint about what was in the video, what statutory complaints procedures are open to you?

"

yeah bbc is synomynous with using fake footage of other countries etc

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks people for your opinions

» Add a new message to this topic