FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Tuition Fees

Tuition Fees

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I wonder if all those students cheering Labour's plan to scrap tuition fees will still be cheering when they start their well paid jobs and see half of their earnings being deducted in taxes.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I wonder if all those students cheering Labour's plan to scrap tuition fees will still be cheering when they start their well paid jobs and see half of their earnings being deducted in taxes."

I imagine most graduate starting salaries will not be in the 5% of tax payers paying more towards rebalancing funding into the NHS etc. There's a politics forum if this is political, not educational btw

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is called supply and demand.

We are graduating a heck of a lot more people from college/University, but we aren't increasing the number of jobs available for them.

We also have a lot of people leaving college/university with really useless shit degrees that don't really apply to anything or even have any REAL career path, they end up wandering around waving and bitching "isn't anyone going to give me a job?

I'VE GOT ALL THESE FUCKING LOANS."

Well..THAT's kind of the problem.

It's NOT tuition that costs so much.

It's that bullshit piece of paper they give you at the end.

This reminds me I really should be revising

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I wonder if all those students cheering Labour's plan to scrap tuition fees will still be cheering when they start their well paid jobs and see half of their earnings being deducted in taxes."

Actually, the 50% tax rate would only apply to earnings over £123,000. Just for factual accuracy.

By *apascouseMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"This is called supply and demand.

We are graduating a heck of a lot more people from college/University, but we aren't increasing the number of jobs available for them.

We also have a lot of people leaving college/university with really useless shit degrees that don't really apply to anything or even have any REAL career path, they end up wandering around waving and bitching "isn't anyone going to give me a job?

"

I agree I have just finished a maths degree with 10 students but art had over 500 in 1 year group

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Do you mean "like they were before the tuition fees"?

There is no need to pay anything for education in the first place, in sweden it is free.

Brighton - even Hove!

"There is no need to pay anything for education in the first place, in sweden it is free."

And you're the perfect example of the result,Shag. Fluent in english, okish in Spanish and flabs to impress the ladies.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Yep and all those that will complain when prices rise because company Taxes are so high.

I can see them all moaning about Vet fees going up because of that.Of course they assume its the Vet getting more.Really annoys me,

Not thinking ahead perhaps.. Someone will have to pay and inevitably the poor will remain poor.

"There is no need to pay anything for education in the first place, in sweden it is free.

And you're the perfect example of the result,Shag. Fluent in english, okish in Spanish and flabs to impress the ladies. "

That is right and to impress too, yeah I guess it depends what each country puts first and what is more important.

Brighton - even Hove!

"There is no need to pay anything for education in the first place, in sweden it is free.

And you're the perfect example of the result,Shag. Fluent in english, okish in Spanish and flabs to impress the ladies. That is right and to impress too, yeah I guess it depends what each country puts first and what is more important."

Scandinavian countries often come out as being the happiest folk in Europe. I had friends who emigrated to Norway and they really love the lifestyle. I'm not too aye about their pickled herring diet though.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

And you're the perfect example of the result,Shag. Fluent in english, okish in Spanish and flabs to impress the ladies. That is right and to impress too, yeah I guess it depends what each country puts first and what is more important.

Scandinavian countries often come out as being the happiest folk in Europe. I had friends who emigrated to Norway and they really love the lifestyle. I'm not too aye about their pickled herring diet though. "

Of course they're happy! The county is rich as fuck! just dont speed or buy beer.....

Brighton - even Hove!

And you're the perfect example of the result,Shag. Fluent in english, okish in Spanish and flabs to impress the ladies. That is right and to impress too, yeah I guess it depends what each country puts first and what is more important.

Scandinavian countries often come out as being the happiest folk in Europe. I had friends who emigrated to Norway and they really love the lifestyle. I'm not too aye about their pickled herring diet though.

Of course they're happy! The county is rich as fuck! just dont speed or buy beer....."

Why are they as rich as fuck?

Scandinavian countries often come out as being the happiest folk in Europe. I had friends who emigrated to Norway and they really love the lifestyle. I'm not too aye about their pickled herring diet though. "

That is right they are very happy as well, norway is good too and yes, it is a more relaxed lifestyle as well and food too with the smorgosbord, the herring aint too bad

salisbury

Of course they're happy! The county is rich as fuck! just dont speed or buy beer.....

Why are they as rich as fuck? "

Oil.

salisbury

Why are they as rich as fuck? "

They're second richest per capita or something.

Brighton - even Hove!

Oil."

fish oil?

Shag, group sex for me is like a smorgasbord

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Mute point as the Tories have said they won't rule out a tax hike which is politician speak for there will be a tax hike. So taxes will rise either way.

By *-4pleasureCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"There is no need to pay anything for education in the first place, in sweden it is free."

Free?

Really ?

Does the free education fairy flutter down in Sweden and wave her little wand?

Amazing....

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

And why should a bus driver get up at 4:30am to get to the depot to drive the 1st bus of the day, to fund a student geting d*unk, partying every night, whilstdoing a rubbish course, at a rubbish "university" that will never lead to any job that the student could not have got simply by leaving school at 16?

If anything it's making me think Labour are losing it.

There's too much being offered now with no way of possibly being able to fund it all.

Scary.

Oil. fish oil?

Shag, group sex for me is like a smorgasbord "

That is good too.

Free?

Really ?

Amazing.... "

Yes, it is free, it is funded through taxation or charitable organizations rather than tuition funding.

Brighton - even Hove!

"If anything it's making me think Labour are losing it.

There's too much being offered now with no way of possibly being able to fund it all.

Scary. "

It's all costed. How can the Tory government afford the £13.5 billion for a new railway. There are better ways to spend that that favour a lot of people not just a few.

"This is called supply and demand.

I agree I have just finished a maths degree with 10 students but art had over 500 in 1 year group"

Yeah and it's precisely what I mean by "supply and demand".

If they FIRST tackle THAT^^ problem, they wouldn't actually **need** to scrap student loans & Fee's.

Belfast

Free?

Really ?

Amazing.... Yes, it is free, it is funded through taxation or charitable organizations rather than tuition funding."

Sooooo = tax is free in Sweden? It gets better and better = book me a flight pronto!!

Free?

Really ?

Amazing.... Yes, it is free, it is funded through taxation or charitable organizations rather than tuition funding.

Sooooo = tax is free in Sweden? It gets better and better = book me a flight pronto!!"

No, the tax it is not free, but the tax is higher than normal.

Um, transferable skills.

Belfast

Free?

Really ?

Amazing.... Yes, it is free, it is funded through taxation or charitable organizations rather than tuition funding.

Sooooo = tax is free in Sweden? It gets better and better = book me a flight pronto!!No, the tax it is not free, but the tax is higher than normal."

"Tax is higher than normal" - please explain how education is free in Sweden ?

Free?

Really ?

Sooooo = tax is free in Sweden? It gets better and better = book me a flight pronto!!No, the tax it is not free, but the tax is higher than normal.

"Tax is higher than normal" - please explain how education is free in Sweden ?"

Well it is free as they have higher tax and most of it goes towards the education, the tax is %50.

I live and work in Norway for 8 months of the year.

Bookmark/screenshot my post and throw it in my face in 7-10 years time if I'm wrong.This country will go to shite before the 10 years are up.

Prices are high for everything,food,clothes,going out,but it's no problem because the wages are also higher than everywhere else.

Oil has kept the country running but the price will tumble in the next 3-5 years (I work for stat-oil)

There is no tourism,maybe a few of you will go on a cruise through the fjords.There will however be a massive problem with iraqi,Somalian and Syrian refugees.

Possibly the nicest,polite nation is going to suffer the worst.

The population is tiny,refugees/illegals already make up 20% of the country,which is huge,but nearly 90% of them live in Oslo and the amount of kids they pump out is dwarfing our reproduction.I personally think in 25 years Norwegians will be thr minority.sex crimes are going off the scale and until recently we had to take in everyone because of the laws we signed up to.A great country is going to dissappear unnoticed.

I thought the thread was on tuition fees

"I live and work in Norway for 8 months of the year.

Bookmark/screenshot my post and throw it in my face in 7-10 years time if I'm wrong.This country will go to shite before the 10 years are up.

Prices are high for everything,food,clothes,going out,but it's no problem because the wages are also higher than everywhere else.

Oil has kept the country running but the price will tumble in the next 3-5 years (I work for stat-oil)

There is no tourism,maybe a few of you will go on a cruise through the fjords.There will however be a massive problem with iraqi,Somalian and Syrian refugees.

Possibly the nicest,polite nation is going to suffer the worst.

The population is tiny,refugees/illegals already make up 20% of the country,which is huge,but nearly 90% of them live in Oslo and the amount of kids they pump out is dwarfing our reproduction.I personally think in 25 years Norwegians will be thr minority.sex crimes are going off the scale and until recently we had to take in everyone because of the laws we signed up to.A great country is going to dissappear unnoticed."

I'll save the time and effort and tell you your full of it right now

Now turned into a cock fight

By *orum TrollWoman  over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

might as well do it that way, seeing as the tories are having to prosecute people who haven't paid their fees back (but apparently earn enough to do so).

plus i'm a student so fuck yeah i want free college.

"I thought the thread was on tuition fees "
It is, we compare it to different countries.

***backs out again quietly***

"***backs out again quietly***"

Considering how many won't be paying back much if any, the whole tuition fee thing is going to be a huge multi billion black hole in some future govement's budget.

"And why should a bus driver get up at 4:30am to get to the depot to drive the 1st bus of the day, to fund a student geting d*unk, partying every night, whilstdoing a rubbish course, at a rubbish "university" that will never lead to any job that the student could not have got simply by leaving school at 16?"

because it's his job and he gets paid to drive buses

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Free?

Really ?

Sooooo = tax is free in Sweden? It gets better and better = book me a flight pronto!!No, the tax it is not free, but the tax is higher than normal.

"Tax is higher than normal" - please explain how education is free in Sweden ?Well it is free as they have higher tax and most of it goes towards the education, the tax is %50."

They're just being a pedant. Just rob the NHS line, it's free at the point of use.

Its a lot more than 50% for the high end earners as Jc also intends a levy on those earning 330k + if I read correctly

Not that it will effect me but i live in hope

No tuition fees in Scotland

"No tuition fees in Scotland"

And it's generally the well off who get the limited places

No.