Hopkins dropped from LBC

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oi_Lucy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barbados

Hahahahahahah. Oh good. Vile woman.

-Matt

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Being fired from LBC for being too bigoted is some achievement!

So just cos someone talks about islam they should be fired? I am not sure why they keep farage there lol.

"So just cos someone talks about islam they should be fired? I am not sure why they keep farage there lol."

It's not just about Islam. This speck of dirt has insulted just about every group you can think of. The less we hear from it, the better.

"So just cos someone talks about islam they should be fired? I am not sure why they keep farage there lol.

It's not just about Islam. This speck of dirt has insulted just about every group you can think of. The less we hear from it, the better."

Yes, but with farage it is xenophobia, not sure how lbc can support that.

"So just cos someone talks about islam they should be fired? I am not sure why they keep farage there lol.

It's not just about Islam. This speck of dirt has insulted just about every group you can think of. The less we hear from it, the better."

She has no "figurative" sacred cows.. clearly considering her popularity she resonates to some extent with a sizeable audience - whether or not people believe what she says or they simply find her acerbic and provocative politically "incorrect" "tourettes" amusing .. who knows.

She'll be snapped up by another media outlet and given a platform as a result most probably.

She strikes me as a pantomime villainess .. riling audiences for attention. What she posted on Twitter was probably done tongue in cheek really.

Considering what vile thing sluice through the underbelly of Twitter daily and IS sincerely ment it was mild but definitely considering her profile tasteless and ill judged.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"So just cos someone talks about islam they should be fired? I am not sure why they keep farage there lol."

Well, even Farage hasn't called for genocide. I know she says she used 'final solution' mistakenly, but even if that's true broadcasters should have a responsibility to be careful with the words they use.

Well, even Farage hasn't called for genocide. I know she says she used 'final solution' mistakenly, but even if that's true broadcasters should have a responsibility to be careful with the words they use. "

Yes, she should of worded it abit better as the media like to blow it out of proportion.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

And nothing of value was lost.

She probably just became more people for daily mail readers.Maybe she'll go stateside to fox news as the voice of reason.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

"She probably just became more people for daily mail readers.Maybe she'll go stateside to fox news as the voice of reason. "

Would she last long at Fox? Theyre dropping like flies over there. At least Kelly was smart enough to get off a sinking ship and get a well paid job at NBC. Hannity could be next.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

About time, vile woman.

By *ubble troubleCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

"Yes, she should of worded it abit better as the media like to blow it out of proportion."

True, if Goebbels had said "kill most of the Jews" rather than "kill them all" that would have been no fuss

By *oubepoMan  over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

"Yes, she should of worded it abit better as the media like to blow it out of proportion.

True, if Goebbels had said "kill most of the Jews" rather than "kill them all" that would have been no fuss "

Ah! An annolgy which suggests two words used by a presenter were not blown out of proportion or indeed exaggerated - by comparing Katie Hopkins to Joesph Goebbels ..... Oh the irony! Lol

By *wingtolifeCouple  over a year ago

who knows

hopkins did nazi that coming

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"She probably just became more people for daily mail readers.Maybe she'll go stateside to fox news as the voice of reason. "

If she gets a conviction for a hate crime she might find it a lot more difficult to get a visa.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

What do you expect from people who chat shit? As they say those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"Yes, she should of worded it abit better as the media like to blow it out of proportion.

True, if Goebbels had said "kill most of the Jews" rather than "kill them all" that would have been no fuss

Ah! An annolgy which suggests two words used by a presenter were not blown out of proportion or indeed exaggerated - by comparing Katie Hopkins to Joesph Goebbels ..... Oh the irony! Lol"

Maybe you could point out the irony here because I can't see any.

Widnes

"She probably just became more people for daily mail readers.Maybe she'll go stateside to fox news as the voice of reason.

If she gets a conviction for a hate crime she might find it a lot more difficult to get a visa."

I think you need to check out the legal definition of a hate crime. Hate talk, by its self alone, does not meet the definition of a hate crime.

I just wonder how long before even thinking something will be punishable

seems to me that it's a one way street

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Judging by the comments in these forums it is not hard to obtain a psychological profile of most people in here, and with big data it is even easier.

Well, even Farage hasn't called for genocide. I know she says she used 'final solution' mistakenly, but even if that's true broadcasters should have a responsibility to be careful with the words they use. Yes, she should of worded it abit better as the media like to blow it out of proportion."

Nothing to do with media "blowing out of proportion", Shag..... You do know what "final solution" refers to don't you?

Well, even Farage hasn't called for genocide. I know she says she used 'final solution' mistakenly, but even if that's true broadcasters should have a responsibility to be careful with the words they use. Yes, she should of worded it abit better as the media like to blow it out of proportion.

Nothing to do with media "blowing out of proportion", Shag..... You do know what "final solution" refers to don't you?"

Yes I do know that

On another note, did anyone also know that the brits also had concentration camps for colonial torture in the 50's in kenya?

So she said final solution just words and maybe the wrong ones to use but most knew what she meant and no it was fuck all to do with the jews

How many here would not want to see IS totally wiped out?

How many would not want to see the ned of terrorism?

As swingers and fornicators they would wipe you all out in a moment

Widnes

"So she said final solution just words and maybe the wrong ones to use but most knew what she meant and no it was fuck all to do with the jews

As swingers and fornicators they would wipe you all out in a moment "

The problem with a term like "Final Solution" used in this context suggest that, as "Final Solution" in the 1940's meant the total elimination of ALL Jews in Europe, all Muslims should be eliminated in Europe now. Katie may be able to argue legally that that is not what she actualy meant however, not least because of previous comments she has made, she is rightly being condemned in the court of public opinion.

"So she said final solution just words and maybe the wrong ones to use but most knew what she meant and no it was fuck all to do with the jews

As swingers and fornicators they would wipe you all out in a moment

The problem with a term like "Final Solution" used in this context suggest that, as "Final Solution" in the 1940's meant the total elimination of ALL Jews in Europe, all Muslims should be eliminated in Europe now. Katie may be able to argue legally that that is not what she actualy meant however, not least because of previous comments she has made, she is rightly being condemned in the court of public opinion.

"

People just love to jump on the bandwaggon though

Cambridge

"On another note, did anyone also know that the brits also had concentration camps for colonial torture in the 50's in kenya? "

The Brits invented concentration camps during the boer war. These are different to extermination camps used in the final solution as referenced by katie hopkins, although I'm sure neither are very nice.

"On another note, did anyone also know that the brits also had concentration camps for colonial torture in the 50's in kenya?

The Brits invented concentration camps during the boer war. These are different to extermination camps used in the final solution as referenced by katie hopkins, although I'm sure neither are very nice."

That is right they did. I saw this on simon reeves program on bbc2 this week as he went to afrika, it was about the tea pickers.

They are different but it got the same concept but to different degree.

Cambridge

"On another note, did anyone also know that the brits also had concentration camps for colonial torture in the 50's in kenya?

The Brits invented concentration camps during the boer war. These are different to extermination camps used in the final solution as referenced by katie hopkins, although I'm sure neither are very nice.That is right they did. I saw this on simon reeves program on bbc2 this week as he went to afrika, it was about the tea pickers.

They are different but it got the same concept but to different degree."

Well yes and no. I belive Britain used it as a counter insurgency tactic. In the same way as Mao compared the relationship between the population and the insurgents like fish moving through water. Remove the water (population) and it's easier to catch the fish (insurgents). Hitler's approach to the Jews was quite different, they weren't insurgents, they were just regular citizens. In a counter insurgency you can't kill the population, the prize is the population, however for hitler his extermination camps of course, the opposite was true.

The Brits invented concentration camps during the boer war. These are different to extermination camps used in the final solution as referenced by katie hopkins, although I'm sure neither are very nice.That is right they did. I saw this on simon reeves program on bbc2 this week as he went to afrika, it was about the tea pickers.

Well yes and no. I belive Britain used it as a counter insurgency tactic. In the same way as Mao compared the relationship between the population and the insurgents like fish moving through water. Remove the water (population) and it's easier to catch the fish (insurgents). Hitler's approach to the Jews was quite different, they weren't insurgents, they were just regular citizens. In a counter insurgency you can't kill the population, the prize is the population, however for hitler his extermination camps of course, the opposite was true. "

That is right and everyone kind of used it in their own way, although it was not nice how the brits tortured the afrikans there to take their land.

Well yes and no. I belive Britain used it as a counter insurgency tactic. In the same way as Mao compared the relationship between the population and the insurgents like fish moving through water. Remove the water (population) and it's easier to catch the fish (insurgents). Hitler's approach to the Jews was quite different, they weren't insurgents, they were just regular citizens. In a counter insurgency you can't kill the population, the prize is the population, however for hitler his extermination camps of course, the opposite was true. That is right and everyone kind of used it in their own way, although it was not nice how the brits tortured the afrikans there to take their land. "

You can wonder what they do now to the white farmers is karma?

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

first they came for hatie copkins and i did nothing

then well than i couldnt give a shit as she got what was coming

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

well... the probably did the right thing... based on her history she would have ended up costing them money by saying something anyway....

the sun, the daily mail, twitter, .... her mouth is writing cheques it can't cash!

she might have been able to get a job at fox news in the past.... but the way that fox news is being held in such bad taste at the moment (o'reilly and hannity) and the controversies over their reporting being a negative in the murdochs proposed takeover of sky.... she would be as toxic there as she is here....

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Farage is brilliant on the radio he is relly good at it,he should do broadcasting full time

"So just cos someone talks about islam they should be fired? I am not sure why they keep farage there lol.Farage is brilliant on the radio he is relly good at it,he should do broadcasting full time"
Yes he should so he dont got any time to do other stuff lol.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"Farage is brilliant on the radio he is relly good at it,he should do broadcasting full time"

I think we can all agree he has found his audience.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"And nothing of value was lost."

Only Kate Hopkins freedom of speech. Never mind though eh.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"And nothing of value was lost.

Only Kate Hopkins freedom of speech. Never mind though eh. "

Freedom of speech?

There is no such thing, there never has been such a thing. There are criminal laws pertaining to incitement of violence, hate, disaffection and treason, as well a civil laws pertaining to libel and deformation. All things Ms Hopkins seems to believe do not apply to her. It looks like eventually her bosses woke up to the fact that by giving her a platform to spread her particular brand of right wing vileness they were jointly liable with her for her hate speeches. Guess they decided that they did not want to continue to carry that risk.

Of course if Ms Hopkins feels that she has been the victim of an unfair dismissal she can pay the fees required and take her case to an employment tribunal or sue her former employers for breach of contract.

Bet she does neither...

Employment contracts have clauses on code of conduct. Always have. The employer has the discretion when to do it.

By *oi_Lucy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barbados

She can say what she wants. Doesn't mean companies have to be complicit in her hate though.

-Matt

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Well she certainly exercised it so not sure what your on about..

Remember Centaur the bit about personal responsibility?

Should she be employed in a similar role then she will hopefully have listened about what is and what is not acceptable..

Pesky laws of the land set by our sovereign Parliament eh..

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

yeah... because calling asylum seekers "cockroaches" is a brilliant use of freedom of speech...

most of the stuff she says (when it is not slanderous or libelous which is been on more than one occasion) actually borders more on "incitement of hatred" than it does freedom of speech....

"So just cos someone talks about islam they should be fired? I am not sure why they keep farage there lol.Farage is brilliant on the radio he is relly good at it,he should do broadcasting full timeYes he should so he dont got any time to do other stuff lol."
That is with mugabe

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

You don't understand what the phrase 'freedom of speech' means.

First they came for katie hopkins and i did not speak,because I've been waiting for ages for them to come for katie hopkins

Then they came for piers morgan and i said "he's over there behind the sofa" .

» Add a new message to this topic