FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Liam Fox on Brexit

Liam Fox on Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

" the vote was to fully leave the EU, not part leave it... there is more chance of me meeting the tooth fairy than the UK backtracking and staying in the EU."

Strong stuff and no doubt music to the ears of hard core Brexiters.

This is the first doubling down of the hard Brexit strategy that I have seen since the election.

What do we think? A man speaking the truth or a risky and somewhat pre-emptive statement that may end up with him looking a fool?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"" the vote was to fully leave the EU, not part leave it... there is more chance of me meeting the tooth fairy than the UK backtracking and staying in the EU."

This is the first doubling down of the hard Brexit strategy that I have seen since the election.

What do we think? A man speaking the truth or a risky and somewhat pre-emptive statement that may end up with him looking a fool?"

Liam who?

-Matt

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They wont leave the eu and brexit wont happen lol.

By *ir1967Man  over a year ago

in da sticks, london, amsterdam, madrid

"They wont leave the eu and brexit wont happen lol."

Don't make me worried, I was looking forward to acquire market share in my industry from all those Brits who will have a harder time to secure a contract in mainland Europe

"" the vote was to fully leave the EU, not part leave it... there is more chance of me meeting the tooth fairy than the UK backtracking and staying in the EU."

What do we think? A man speaking the truth or a risky and somewhat pre-emptive statement that may end up with him looking a fool?"

he's positioning himself for prime minister may will bow to the eu demands and be seen as soft he will be seen as champion of the Brexiters the man to take on Europe

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

(Think all this in a NY mobster accent)

Hey OP...

Whaddaya talkin about...

So the Don(na) went to the mattresses wiv the 5 families an it didn't go the way we planned...

But the Donna had a sit down yesterday wiv the bitch that runs a small mob on the northern island and they reached an understanding for a consideration...

So I'm here to tell you nothings changed, we still run this town and thats the way it is...

"They wont leave the eu and brexit wont happen lol.

Don't make me worried, I was looking forward to acquire market share in my industry from all those Brits who will have a harder time to secure a contract in mainland Europe "

Yes and not only the contract, but the right to live there too, it depends what deal may will have for the ones here lol.

A man speaking the truth

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"A man speaking the truth"

Just curious , precisely how will a hard brexit make your life better ?

"A man speaking the truth

Just curious , precisely how will a hard brexit make your life better ? "

There's no such thing as a hard brexit, or rather there is only one way to brexit. It really won't affect my life much either way but hopefully it will force governments of the UK to invest in training and education and r&d so that they can remain competetive around the world without the lazy need to import talent and cheap labour and hopefully it will open up new opportunities around the world, both of which will benefit the young and particularly my son. Hopefully Brexit will also be a wake up call to the idiots who run the EU and now they will realise that they must reform their ideas and move in a different direction and not be so dominated/controlled by Germany but work for all the people of Europe which will hopefully benefit my friends in Spain and the Italian side of my family in Milan and Sicily. The second part is unlikely but we can hope. Brexit has personally cost me money with the fall in the exchange rate but sometimes it's good to think of others and put them first.

It is hard to explain in a few words here so cue the abuse and you're talking bollocks etc but we all have a choice and I think we are taking the right path

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"A man speaking the truth"

Liam Fox is right. Hard Brexit and soft Brexit is a media term designed to continue division between Leavers and Remainers. Really there is only Brexit or no Brexit, and I think Brexit is inevitable now.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"A man speaking the truth

Liam Fox is right. Hard Brexit and soft Brexit is a media term designed to continue division between Leavers and Remainers. Really there is only Brexit or no Brexit, and I think Brexit is inevitable now. "

Don't forget the 'Red, White and Blue' Brexit

-Matt

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"They wont leave the eu and brexit wont happen lol."
YOu could be right I hope not,but I am sure it will be more than a couple of years before we leave.

My passport runs out in June 2019,I bet the new one will still be an EU one sadly.

moston

" I am sure it will be more than a couple of years before we leave.

"

How much will you put on it?

I bet that regardless of what the commision or the council of ministers want we will be out of the EU deal or no trade deal at 00.01 on the 29th March 2019.

And to be honest I expect it will be without a deal, and maybe without a nationals deal in which case I can see things turning very ugly with Europe deciding to teach us a lesson and closing shop where we are concerned.

North West

I wonder what Liam Fox thinks that Turkey get out of being part of the EU customs union?

Perhaps he thinks they are stupid and it is a pointless agreement. It would be nice to know though wouldn't it?

moston

To be honest Liam Fox is right...

Not because those in favour of brexit here are in control (although they think they are in the driving seat and will steer the brexit juggernaut wherever they want at whatever speed they choose). But because the European Parliament and the 27 other countries of the EU are in charge and for there to be any extensions to the brexit timetable ALL have to agree, and the truth is many are so pissed off with our antics they just want to see the back of us. I'll bet a penny to a pound that if no one else vetoes any extension to the 29 Mar 19 divorce date those countries we turned into 2nd class EU members with our demands that their citizens be refused full freedom of movement rights on joining will take infinite pleasure in refusing to give us any extra time or any special consideration...

But I am sure that all the brexiteers who are gleefully awaiting our great settlement have given full thought to issues like this. After all Romania and Bulgaria wouldn't hold a grudge about something like that, and Mrs May et al (and of course our mate Nige) haven't said or done anything that would get peoples backs up, now have they...

"They wont leave the eu and brexit wont happen lol.YOu could be right I hope not,but I am sure it will be more than a couple of years before we leave.

My passport runs out in June 2019,I bet the new one will still be an EU one sadly."

Yes and I reckon it will take more than 10 years and that is if they leave. I dont mind the passports as I got a swedish one. I got free movement in the eu

I got a new EHIC card the other day and it is valid til 2022. Didn't they only last for 12 months previously? Does anybody else think that maybe all this posturing from the EU is a load of bollocks?

" Didn't they only last for 12 months previously? "

no

" Didn't they only last for 12 months previously?

no"

So how long man of words?

5 years

"5 years"

Fair enough, I bow to your superior wisdom, I must have been thinking of something else, thats why I asked

North West

"5 years

Fair enough, I bow to your superior wisdom, I must have been thinking of something else, thats why I asked"

Considering the posts you have made about Europe and your time in Spain, I would have thought you would have known that. Not to worry though, it could be invalidated in March 2019 (or before) if our fearless leaders get bored with negotiating and walk away.

Wait until you have to get permanent health insurance in Spain, you are going to love it. Especially if you have to declare any existing conditions and your premium either quadruples or you accept that you will be uninsured for certain conditions.

» Add a new message to this topic