FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > "They’re immigrants’ jobs"

"They’re immigrants’ jobs"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oi_Lucy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barbados

This NYT article sums things up pretty well:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/opinion/dunkirk-christopher-nolan-brexit.html

-Matt

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Nine of Northern Europe’s 10 poorest regions — including West Wales, Cornwall and Lancashire — are in Britain."

... but the EU encompasses Southern Europe too. Which changes everything.

That article is a total joke which is why nobody outside of the jobless, the immigrants and the deluded left voted Remain.

We're ALL Brexiters now

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

Bitter ramainer finds article Written by another bitter remainer in NY.Times....Next.

It's clear that Brexiters are the bitter ones.

It's very difficult to admit that you are wrong

Wrong? We won. It's over.

By *irm FoundationsMan  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

[Removed by poster at 30/07/17 13:24:09]

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It's clear that Brexiters are the bitter ones.

It's very difficult to admit that you are wrong "

Bollocks your talking about yourself me thinks

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"We won. It's over."

Yep you won and we are leaving the EU, but it is far from over and will only really begin in earnest on 29/3/19 (or maybe later if the brexit team are given an interim adjustment period). So what have you won? You don't know but keep shouting that it will be great, so great, so much winning...

does that remind you of anyone? Maybe someone who is an international laughing stock...

It is possible that you are right and it will be great then I and those who share my beliefs in what is going to happen will have a very pleasant surprise waiting for us. However if we are correct, and watching shrinkflation in action along with normal inflation rising I think there is a lot higher a probability we are, you and those who believe as you do are in for one hell of a rude awakening.

I wonder what brexiters are smoking, well done for making britain poorer lol.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

""Nine of Northern Europe’s 10 poorest regions — including West Wales, Cornwall and Lancashire — are in Britain."

That article is a total joke which is why nobody outside of the jobless, the immigrants and the deluded left voted Remain.

We're ALL Brexiters now "

No we're not.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"

Like fuck we are.

I prefer to retain my ability to understand the world around me.

"

No, we are not, us remainers are the true patriots

"

We're ALL Brexiters now

Like fuck we are.

I prefer to retain my ability to understand the world around me."

You might prefer to but you obviously don't

"

We're ALL Brexiters now No, we are not, us remainers are the true patriots "

Is that the same as nationalists?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"We won. It's over.

Yep you won and we are leaving the EU, but it is far from over and will only really begin in earnest on 29/3/19 (or maybe later if the brexit team are given an interim adjustment period). So what have you won? You don't know but keep shouting that it will be great, so great, so much winning...

does that remind you of anyone? Maybe someone who is an international laughing stock...

It is possible that you are right and it will be great then I and those who share my beliefs in what is going to happen will have a very pleasant surprise waiting for us. However if we are correct, and watching shrinkflation in action along with normal inflation rising I think there is a lot higher a probability we are, you and those who believe as you do are in for one hell of a rude awakening.

"

Inflation isn't rising though is it the official figures showed inflation fell last month.

Cannock

""Nine of Northern Europe’s 10 poorest regions — including West Wales, Cornwall and Lancashire — are in Britain."

"

We're ALL Brexiters now No, we are not, us remainers are the true patriots

Is that the same as nationalists?"

Not in this instance as its about to keep the country together, rather than what brexitors are doing, to tear it apart.

"

Is that the same as nationalists?Not in this instance as its about to keep the country together, rather than what brexitors are doing, to tear it apart."

Keep the country together? So are the SNP patriots or nationalists?

moston

"Inflation isn't rising though is it the official figures showed inflation fell last month. "

Oh right...

It's not inflation when the portion sizes are reduced but the price remains the same...

and it is not inflation when the 'basket' of goods is changed from premium brands to cheaper brands to basic brands...

Do me a favour and stop spouting government lines, anyone with half a brain knows they are as false as the tory election manifesto.

"

Is that the same as nationalists?Not in this instance as its about to keep the country together, rather than what brexitors are doing, to tear it apart.

Keep the country together? So are the SNP patriots or nationalists?"

I would say they are not, they just dont like the brits lol.

"

Is that the same as nationalists?Not in this instance as its about to keep the country together, rather than what brexitors are doing, to tear it apart.

Keep the country together? So are the SNP patriots or nationalists?I would say they are not, they just dont like the brits lol."

I thought they were Brits?

"

Keep the country together? So are the SNP patriots or nationalists?I would say they are not, they just dont like the brits lol.

I thought they were Brits?"

Not sure, do they see themselves as brits or scots?

"

Keep the country together? So are the SNP patriots or nationalists?I would say they are not, they just dont like the brits lol.

I thought they were Brits?Not sure, do they see themselves as brits or scots?"

Well what's a Brit?

Cannock

"Inflation isn't rising though is it the official figures showed inflation fell last month.

Oh right...

It's not inflation when the portion sizes are reduced but the price remains the same...

and it is not inflation when the 'basket' of goods is changed from premium brands to cheaper brands to basic brands...

Do me a favour and stop spouting government lines, anyone with half a brain knows they are as false as the tory election manifesto."

It is a drop in inflation when the office for national statistics gives a lower inflation figure this month than they gave for last month.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Great we made it out of Crooked Europe. Thanks for voting all. X

Barbados

"Great we made it out of Crooked Europe. Thanks for voting all. X"

No, we haven't made it out of Europe. Crooked or otherwise. We haven't even made it out of the European Union, crooked or otherwise. We have signaled our intention to leave the European Union. We are now just fannying about whilst the complexity and stupidity of our actions dawns on us as a country.

-Matt

Barbados

"Inflation isn't rising though is it the official figures showed inflation fell last month.

Oh right...

Do me a favour and stop spouting government lines, anyone with half a brain knows they are as false as the tory election manifesto.

It is a drop in inflation when the office for national statistics gives a lower inflation figure this month than they gave for last month. "

Yes, you are right, Centaur. The rate of inflation in June was 2.6%, down 0.1% on the previous month of 2.7%. Don't let it worry you though that the rate of inflation has increased every single month since the referendum. Oh, sorry, apart from Feb and Sept in which it stayed the same.

The rate of inflation at the time of the referendum was 0.8%.

-Matt

upton wirral

"I wonder what brexiters are smoking, well done for making britain poorer lol."
More crap

Oh right...

It is a drop in inflation when the office for national statistics gives a lower inflation figure this month than they gave for last month. "

There's no denying that the Referendum vote has given us a massive % rise inflation.

What was it 0.3% ish in June 2016 then all the way upto 2.7 ish %

Is that a good Brexit effect Centaur ?

Or 0.8 going by the figures a couple of posts up.

North West

"I wonder what brexiters are smoking, well done for making britain poorer lol.More crap"

Factually speaking. How is that crap?

"I wonder what brexiters are smoking, well done for making britain poorer lol.More crap

Factually speaking. How is that crap?"

Looks like it was meant brexiters smoking more crap

"This NYT article sums things up pretty well:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/opinion/dunkirk-christopher-nolan-brexit.html

-Matt"

Interesting article, however, vas far as I'm concerned, corporate greed has eroded British skills.

In the past, employers would reluctantly employ workers and train them up at a cost. This is why advertised jobs had 'must be fully experienced' or similar, taking skilled labour frim another company by the allure of higher wages.

The main pool of labour was British, so a british worker would get into a job, relieving the burdon on the welfare state. Now though, businesses can exacerbate the problem of unemployment by ditching british labour by getting in people from abroad. Ditching the potential of british aworkforce. Now you may kabel me as racist. Rhe usual weapon of choice by remoaners, but remember when I say British i mean British born, black white Asian take your pick.

Im fed up of bring dictated to by Brussels who we have no influence over by voting.

"

I thought they were Brits?Not sure, do they see themselves as brits or scots?

Well what's a Brit?"

Yes, they are brits. I meant as they dont like the english, they even had a wall back in the days.

here's some semantics which sheds the light of truth .... when something is 'ish, it's an aproximation of ... so to be engl'ish is to be an aproximation of an angle .... to be brit'ish is, according to the engl'ish, to be an aproximation of the native people of briton, which is of course utter shit, as the native peoples of briton have no need to be an aproximation of themselves ... the semantics only serve to make the angles fell marginally better about themselves being foreigners ... semantics ... shedding the light of reality on the world

There are lower skilled workers with reak fears over their future and their kids future.

Dismidsing them as deluded racist flag waving little Britainers simply won't work and certainly won't resolve anything

"There are lower skilled workers with reak fears over their future and their kids future.

Dismidsing them as deluded racist flag waving little Britainers simply won't work and certainly won't resolve anything"

and brexit will magically up-skill them overnight?

"

Well what's a Brit?Yes, they are brits. I meant as they dont like the english, they even had a wall back in the days."

Oh. But I thought you said it was the Brexiters that want to break up the country? Aren't the SNP remain supporters?

"There are lower skilled workers with reak fears over their future and their kids future.

Dismidsing them as deluded racist flag waving little Britainers simply won't work and certainly won't resolve anything

and brexit will magically up-skill them overnight?"

No. But we have forever to do it now

-Matt

Interesting article, however, vas far as I'm concerned, corporate greed has eroded British skills.

In the past, employers would reluctantly employ workers and train them up at a cost. This is why advertised jobs had 'must be fully experienced' or similar, taking skilled labour frim another company by the allure of higher wages.

The main pool of labour was British, so a british worker would get into a job, relieving the burdon on the welfare state. Now though, businesses can exacerbate the problem of unemployment by ditching british labour by getting in people from abroad. Ditching the potential of british aworkforce. Now you may kabel me as racist. Rhe usual weapon of choice by remoaners, but remember when I say British i mean British born, black white Asian take your pick.

Im fed up of bring dictated to by Brussels who we have no influence over by voting. "

I agree with you and see your point, and it's really shitty that businesses rarely seem to invest in people now, both my parents recalled this. The problem is, what happens when a lot of your bigger and multinational companies weigh up the options and ask what is cheaper:

. Training up employees who might jump ship to a bigger organisation who can offer them more pay. Plus I can't move my production centre (whatever industry) easily and my employees easily about. Also, for all of the above problems the government of the nation might increase tax.

. Or alternatively facing all this I can relocate to a collection of well developed nations whose general population/government are willing to pay for their own upskilling and training. Maybe taxes are higher in some places, but this is cheaper than the long term cost of needing to train up 500 employees each year only to lose say, 300.

. Alternatively I can relocate to an industrialisation nation where taxes are low, wages are low. I'll have to train people up but wages and taxes off set this. Though depending on the country the infrastructure might not be suitable for me.

I really hate to say this, but until the global community puts together a 'Geneva convention' on the rights and limitations of international businesses, those businesses are largely more in control of their futures than any government is.

No. But we have forever to do it now"

and how will that be paid for?

and how will that be paid for?"

... and with apprenticeships and further ed courses taking three years to complete, when will this massive wholesale re-eductaion programme begin?

No. But we have forever to do it now"

"

Well what's a Brit?Yes, they are brits. I meant as they dont like the english, they even had a wall back in the days.

Oh. But I thought you said it was the Brexiters that want to break up the country? Aren't the SNP remain supporters?"

Yes they are remainers, not everyone want to go down the road that the brexitors do lol.

"

nope ... we have 18 months ... better get a shift on with that re-training

and how will that be paid for?

... and with apprenticeships and further ed courses taking three years to complete, when will this massive wholesale re-eductaion programme begin?"

That is right and as most will leave uk, there is not much skilled workers left.

and brexit will magically up-skill them overnight?"

Is tbere an alternative?!

Is tbere an alternative?! "

alternative to what?

Cannock

"

Well what's a Brit?Yes, they are brits. I meant as they dont like the english, they even had a wall back in the days.

Oh. But I thought you said it was the Brexiters that want to break up the country? Aren't the SNP remain supporters?Yes they are remainers, not everyone want to go down the road that the brexitors do lol."

So you admit it is the remainers of the SNP who want to stay in the EU but break up the UK then. Same can be said of Plaid Cymru in Wales, they want to stay in the EU but break up the UK.

I like how nobody seems to want to approach this vision of "well businesses can pay for my/my kids training, and pay higher taxes cause I don't want to but I want the NHS" from the viewpoint of multinational business owners.

Come on, there is nothing special about a british worker, what matters is the policies a person's government puts in place, and the infrastructure they invest in.

Look it from their point of view, what would keep you investing in the UK and it's population when there countries offering you their population who will accept lower pay, and whose governments are offering lower taxes.

"

Oh. But I thought you said it was the Brexiters that want to break up the country? Aren't the SNP remain supporters?Yes they are remainers, not everyone want to go down the road that the brexitors do lol.

So you admit it is the remainers of the SNP who want to stay in the EU but break up the UK then. Same can be said of Plaid Cymru in Wales, they want to stay in the EU but break up the UK. "

No I dont, it is the brexitors that want to brake up the uk, as all the other parts of britain want to remain in the eu.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Oh right...

Do me a favour and stop spouting government lines, anyone with half a brain knows they are as false as the tory election manifesto."

That's been happening for years, not just since Brexit.

Next.

Derby

Oh right...

It is a drop in inflation when the office for national statistics gives a lower inflation figure this month than they gave for last month.

Yes, you are right, Centaur. The rate of inflation in June was 2.6%, down 0.1% on the previous month of 2.7%. Don't let it worry you though that the rate of inflation has increased every single month since the referendum. Oh, sorry, apart from Feb and Sept in which it stayed the same.

-Matt"

What's the target rate of inflation that the government sets the BoE?.

In May 2015, the governor of the BoE wrote to the chancellor saying that they would get inflation to 2% by mid 2017.

Job done.

Barbados

Oh right...

-Matt

In May 2015, the governor of the BoE wrote to the chancellor saying that they would get inflation to 2% by mid 2017.

Job done."

What do you mean 'job done'?! If 2% is their target then they have shot over it, and the trend over the past year is that it is continuing to rise.

I think blindly clinging to a policy/prediction/target from May 2015 despite the mother of all economic and political upsets happening in the meantime is pretty foolish.

-Matt

Cannock

Oh right...

-Matt

Job done."

former governor of the bank of England Mervyn King also said the bank of England had been trying to devalue the pound for the last few years without any success as it was overvalued. Now Brexit has given them the vehicle to achieve this devaluation. Another job done.

moston

"What do you mean 'job done'?! If 2% is their target then they have shot over it, and the trend over the past year is that it is continuing to rise.

I think blindly clinging to a policy/prediction/target from May 2015 despite the mother of all economic and political upsets happening in the meantime is pretty foolish.

-Matt"

Correct me if I am wrong Matt but wasn't 2% the maximum? Ad wasn't the rule that if inflation went above 2% then the governor of The Bank of England had to appear in front of the House of Commons sitting as a committee and explain why he had allowed inflation breach its maximum target?

Also would it be fair to say that as inflation has risen from .8% prior to the referendum to 2.6% now that that is an increase of over 300%?

Maybe Centaur will be able to explain how he thinks inflation increasing by 300% is a good thing and job done.

Barbados

Oh right...

-Matt

Job done.

former governor of the bank of England Mervyn King also said the bank of England had been trying to devalue the pound for the last few years without any success as it was overvalued. Now Brexit has given them the vehicle to achieve this devaluation. Another job done. "

That's a bit like saying "The pilot had been trying to land the plane for a while without any success, so crash landing it into a field has given him a way to achieve that".

-Matt

Bexiters - putting to one side the result of the referendum..what has actually been achieved so far?

Will an end to the free movement of people actually take place? Non EU migration has never been controlled so why will EU migration?

Where are the 10,000s employed in seasonal work such as the food industry / farming come from? The 1000s of Brits who prefer to do fuck all other than wait for 'pay day' for the next hand out? Pay day my arse...pay day is what follows a working day, week or month ( mini rant over)

Where will the huge numbers of nurses, Drs etc come from..taking into consideration the time to train people for these roles.

The long term effects on the economy won't be known for years.

Where does the term remoaners come from? Does it imply any form of vocal or other form of objection to a referendum or election result is wrong. In which case any objection / opposition to the current batch of knobs we have as a government should stop...because they won ..even though 56% of the population who could be bothered to vote didn't vote for them.

By the way I voted leave..not because of immigration, or the supposed £350m for the health service. So this isn't a remoaner spouting.

Derby

"What do you mean 'job done'?! If 2% is their target then they have shot over it, and the trend over the past year is that it is continuing to rise.

-Matt

Correct me if I am wrong Matt but wasn't 2% the maximum? Ad wasn't the rule that if inflation went above 2% then the governor of The Bank of England had to appear in front of the House of Commons sitting as a committee and explain why he had allowed inflation breach its maximum target?

Also would it be fair to say that as inflation has risen from .8% prior to the referendum to 2.6% now that that is an increase of over 300%?

Maybe Centaur will be able to explain how he thinks inflation increasing by 300% is a good thing and job done."

2% is the target. The governor has to explain to the chancellor by letter if it is more than 1% either way outside of the target.

Many economists believe the 2% target should be a 'rolling target' averaged over a period of time, allowing the BoE greater flexibility to manage within, say, a 1% to 4% band.

"Bexiters - putting to one side the result of the referendum..what has actually been achieved so far?

Will an end to the free movement of people actually take place? Non EU migration has never been controlled so why will EU migration?

Where are the 10,000s employed in seasonal work such as the food industry / farming come from? The 1000s of Brits who prefer to do fuck all other than wait for 'pay day' for the next hand out? Pay day my arse...pay day is what follows a working day, week or month ( mini rant over)

Where will the huge numbers of nurses, Drs etc come from..taking into consideration the time to train people for these roles.

Where does the term remoaners come from? Does it imply any form of vocal or other form of objection to a referendum or election result is wrong. In which case any objection / opposition to the current batch of knobs we have as a government should stop...because they won ..even though 56% of the population who could be bothered to vote didn't vote for them.

By the way I voted leave..not because of immigration, or the supposed £350m for the health service. So this isn't a remoaner spouting.

"

Hold on a second dont you be talking sensible you will fry there brains.

It has even been suggested on one thread that the general election we just had was another vote on brexit

I voted remain i reiterate that i voted remain for some of the reasons you have posted....and that damn lie about the 350m was one of them..but perhaps that wasn't so much of the lie after all maybe they just missed of the minus in front of it...fuck me if were still in the thongs of austerity whats going to happen when we have to pay the bill for leaving.

I voted to remain for the good of our country the same as i voted Labour for the good of our country....we have had this Tory party calling these votes to further there political power or thought it would....how wrong could they be both caMoron and May....its worked the opposite to what they wanted...strong and stable yeah of course we are

-Matt

Maybe Centaur will be able to explain how he thinks inflation increasing by 300% is a good thing and job done.

2% is the target. The governor has to explain to the chancellor by letter if it is more than 1% either way outside of the target.

Many economists believe the 2% target should be a 'rolling target' averaged over a period of time, allowing the BoE greater flexibility to manage within, say, a 1% to 4% band."

Then there wrong please read below....inflation is at its highest since 2013....please read below...the facts are there

1. Main points

The Consumer Prices Index including owner occupiers’ housing costs (CPIH, not a National Statistic) 12-month inflation rate was 2.6% in June 2017, down from 2.7% in May 2017.

This is the first fall in the CPIH inflation rate since April 2016, although it remains higher than in recent years.

Falling prices for motor fuels and certain recreational and cultural goods and services were the main contributors to the fall in the rate.

These downward contributions were partially offset by rising prices for furniture and furnishings.

The Consumer Prices Index (CPI) 12-month rate was 2.6% in June 2017, down from 2.9% in May 2017.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/inflationandpriceindices/bulletins/consumerpriceinflation/june2017

Cannock

"Bexiters - putting to one side the result of the referendum..what has actually been achieved so far?

It has even been suggested on one thread that the general election we just had was another vote on brexit

I voted remain i reiterate that i voted remain for some of the reasons you have posted....and that damn lie about the 350m was one of them..but perhaps that wasn't so much of the lie after all maybe they just missed of the minus in front of it...fuck me if were still in the thongs of austerity whats going to happen when we have to pay the bill for leaving.

I voted to remain for the good of our country the same as i voted Labour for the good of our country....we have had this Tory party calling these votes to further there political power or thought it would....how wrong could they be both caMoron and May....its worked the opposite to what they wanted...strong and stable yeah of course we are "

We'd still be having Brexit if Labour had won the general election and Corbyn was Prime minister. Brexit was in the Labour manifesto. Which part of that don't you understand?

Barbados

I voted to remain for the good of our country the same as i voted Labour for the good of our country....we have had this Tory party calling these votes to further there political power or thought it would....how wrong could they be both caMoron and May....its worked the opposite to what they wanted...strong and stable yeah of course we are

We'd still be having Brexit if Labour had won the general election and Corbyn was Prime minister. Brexit was in the Labour manifesto. Which part of that don't you understand? "

That (with the exception of UKIP) parties have policies on more than just Brexit? How is that so hard for you to understand?

I'll repeat again for your. The general election was not a 2nd vote on Brexit. In fact the 1st vote wasn't even one legally either. It was advisory. Just shame the Tories took it as being legally binding.

-Matt

alternative to what? "

An alternative to voting leave in an attempt to protect their jobs.

I voted to remain for the good of our country the same as i voted Labour for the good of our country....we have had this Tory party calling these votes to further there political power or thought it would....how wrong could they be both caMoron and May....its worked the opposite to what they wanted...strong and stable yeah of course we are "

I'm sorry, you have lost any credibility you might have had saying you voted Labour for the good of the country. Even Corbyn thinks that people who voted Labour are fools. They fell for his lies

alternative to what?

An alternative to voting leave in an attempt to protect their jobs. "

Well they could accept that the world is now a globalised economy and ultimately until all governments, or the majority of the developed world create limitations for multinational companies, in regards to minimum quotas for training and investing in each nation, the reality is jobs which require less than a year of training for will go to less developed nations than our's.

If you want a better job face the music that under 30's have had to, you get a student loan and you study or train up for a modern industry. Or you move to somewhere were a company is willing to train you up off it's own cost.

If you want a better job but don't want to get into student debt, or as much, I suggest you get to one of the EU nations where graduate education is on the whole cheaper...or vote for someone who will bring the costs down here.

it's shitty, but that is the way of the world presently, suck it up and deal with it.

Derby

We'd still be having Brexit if Labour had won the general election and Corbyn was Prime minister. Brexit was in the Labour manifesto. Which part of that don't you understand?

That (with the exception of UKIP) parties have policies on more than just Brexit? How is that so hard for you to understand?

I'll repeat again for your. The general election was not a 2nd vote on Brexit. In fact the 1st vote wasn't even one legally either. It was advisory. Just shame the Tories took it as being legally binding.

-Matt"

So the Tories losing seats in the general election had nothing to do with their stance on Brexit either then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

alternative to what?

An alternative to voting leave in an attempt to protect their jobs. "

you've gone round in a circle there .... has brexit magically up-skilled these people?

-Matt

So the Tories losing seats in the general election had nothing to do with their stance on Brexit either then.

Thanks for clearing that up."

No not in my case....i voted once in the referendum thats done and dusted in my mind....i voted for a better country in the last election...one that cares about the many not just the few....read in to that what you can with your tiny narrow mind

alternative to what?

Well they could accept that the world is now a globalised economy and ultimately until all governments, or the majority of the developed world create limitations for multinational companies, in regards to minimum quotas for training and investing in each nation, the reality is jobs which require less than a year of training for will go to less developed nations than our's.

If you want a better job face the music that under 30's have had to, you get a student loan and you study or train up for a modern industry. Or you move to somewhere were a company is willing to train you up off it's own cost.

If you want a better job but don't want to get into student debt, or as much, I suggest you get to one of the EU nations where graduate education is on the whole cheaper...or vote for someone who will bring the costs down here.

it's shitty, but that is the way of the world presently, suck it up and deal with it."

There's an abundance of material on the Internet regarding the pros and cons of globalisation and

The cons. which i personally find abhorrent and definitely not worth the pros. Even if i were benefiting from it, because i have a concience to live with.

Derby

-Matt

Thanks for clearing that up.

No not in my case....i voted once in the referendum thats done and dusted in my mind....i voted for a better country in the last election...one that cares about the many not just the few....read in to that what you can with your tiny narrow mind "

And yet someone else that resorts to insults.

We wont get Brexit as most voters hoped the fedralists in europe havent spent the last 50 years trying to fulfill Hitlers dream to allow us. Why do you think they are being so awkward about us leaving. I am old enough to remember the EC the original organisation we joined it was supposed to be a free trade body.There doesnt seem to be much of that now.If we insist on leaving they will try and crush us just as Hitler tried too only now there do not seem to be enough people with backbone to stand up to them.

Cannock

"We wont get Brexit as most voters hoped the fedralists in europe havent spent the last 50 years trying to fulfill Hitlers dream to allow us. Why do you think they are being so awkward about us leaving. I am old enough to remember the EC the original organisation we joined it was supposed to be a free trade body.There doesnt seem to be much of that now.If we insist on leaving they will try and crush us just as Hitler tried too only now there do not seem to be enough people with backbone to stand up to them. "

O ye of little faith. Hitler didn't succeed and neither will the EU. Brexit will happen one way or the other, there are more than enough people in Britain with backbone to stand up to them, over 17 million Brits stood upto them and said enough is enough in the referendum and we want out. The old British bulldog spirit isn't dead yet by a long shot. The Brexit genie is well and truly out of the bottle now and it won't go back in. Besides the EU have said themselves that article 50 is irreversible now so Brexit is happening, it's only a few deluded Remoaners left now who think we can still Remain.

alternative to what?

it's shitty, but that is the way of the world presently, suck it up and deal with it.

There's an abundance of material on the Internet regarding the pros and cons of globalisation and

The cons. which i personally find abhorrent and definitely not worth the pros. Even if i were benefiting from it, because i have a concience to live with.

"

That's all fine and dandy and I actually agree with you on many issues of the cons outweighing the pros.

However, the reality is that as I have said, until the global community sets limits on multinational corporations (which I think we are both saying are the 'real problem' here) what does this achieve? Nothing.

We are trying to tackle an international problem on our own. It makes about as much sense as if ever nation in the world had a nuke and we were to say "If we decommission our's, the world will follow." Only to see the flaw in that plan too late.

Ireland bids to host two major UK-based EU agencies after Brexit

About 1,000 staff work at the banking and medicines agencies, which are seen as some of the 'spoils' of Brexit by the other 27 EU countries

"We wont get Brexit as most voters hoped the fedralists in europe havent spent the last 50 years trying to fulfill Hitlers dream to allow us. Why do you think they are being so awkward about us leaving. I am old enough to remember the EC the original organisation we joined it was supposed to be a free trade body.There doesnt seem to be much of that now.If we insist on leaving they will try and crush us just as Hitler tried too only now there do not seem to be enough people with backbone to stand up to them.

O ye of little faith. Hitler didn't succeed and neither will the EU. Brexit will happen one way or the other, there are more than enough people in Britain with backbone to stand up to them, over 17 million Brits stood upto them and said enough is enough in the referendum and we want out. The old British bulldog spirit isn't dead yet by a long shot. The Brexit genie is well and truly out of the bottle now and it won't go back in. Besides the EU have said themselves that article 50 is irreversible now so Brexit is happening, it's only a few deluded Remoaners left now who think we can still Remain. "

It actually depends on who's statements you quote as to whether the process can be reversed or stopped..article from Business insider , June 14th.

Only time will tell if any benefits will come from leaving...but feel free to list them.

"We wont get Brexit as most voters hoped the fedralists in europe havent spent the last 50 years trying to fulfill Hitlers dream to allow us. Why do you think they are being so awkward about us leaving. I am old enough to remember the EC the original organisation we joined it was supposed to be a free trade body.There doesnt seem to be much of that now.If we insist on leaving they will try and crush us just as Hitler tried too only now there do not seem to be enough people with backbone to stand up to them.

O ye of little faith. Hitler didn't succeed and neither will the EU. Brexit will happen one way or the other, there are more than enough people in Britain with backbone to stand up to them, over 17 million Brits stood upto them and said enough is enough in the referendum and we want out. The old British bulldog spirit isn't dead yet by a long shot. The Brexit genie is well and truly out of the bottle now and it won't go back in. Besides the EU have said themselves that article 50 is irreversible now so Brexit is happening, it's only a few deluded Remoaners left now who think we can still Remain. "

By *amelhunterMan  over a year ago

newcastle

-Matt

Im fed up of bring dictated to by Brussels who we have no influence over by voting. "

Yet all the regeneration of Sunderland, the glassworks, university both bringing money into the city were funded by eu money.

Nissan is there through eu deals and funding.

But the eu has not done anything for Sunderland?

-Matt

Im fed up of bring dictated to by Brussels who we have no influence over by voting.

Yet all the regeneration of Sunderland, the glassworks, university both bringing money into the city were funded by eu money.

But the eu has not done anything for Sunderland?"

Nissan was going to build there factory in Humberside until Sunderland got special funding from both the UK and EU....i suppose thats the downside of having no mining industry that was decimated by the Torys as opposed to having a fishing industry.... but cant complain as theres been lots of EU money spent in this area

-Matt

But the eu has not done anything for Sunderland?"

You have to take a step back and view the bigger picture.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

We should continue with freedom of movement but the minimum wage for a European worker in the U.K. Should be £12 an hour and £14 in London. No more exploitation.

There would be massive issues with feeedom of movement if the jobs of MP's were being threatened. But it's not. It's the jobs of people making less than £10 an hour. People struggling. Meanwhile property prices back in Eastern Europe are being inflated by money being sent back from the uk. Now we are getting people over here who don't even want to be here but they have to. All to keep the little people down in this country.

All the talk of the economy, the only measure of the economic situation should be how the poorest 95% of the population are getting on. The top 5% are fine. We don't need to skew figures with them let's look a the poorest 58,000,000 people in this country.

"We should continue with freedom of movement but the minimum wage for a European worker in the U.K. Should be £12 an hour and £14 in London. No more exploitation.

There would be massive issues with feeedom of movement if the jobs of MP's were being threatened. But it's not. It's the jobs of people making less than £10 an hour. People struggling. Meanwhile property prices back in Eastern Europe are being inflated by money being sent back from the uk. Now we are getting people over here who don't even want to be here but they have to. All to keep the little people down in this country.

All the talk of the economy, the only measure of the economic situation should be how the poorest 95% of the population are getting on. The top 5% are fine. We don't need to skew figures with them let's look a the poorest 58,000,000 people in this country. "

You are right. People in several eastern bloc countries are realising they were sold a lie by the EU and were actually financially better off under communism, which is saying something

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"We should continue with freedom of movement but the minimum wage for a European worker in the U.K. Should be £12 an hour and £14 in London. No more exploitation.

All the talk of the economy, the only measure of the economic situation should be how the poorest 95% of the population are getting on. The top 5% are fine. We don't need to skew figures with them let's look a the poorest 58,000,000 people in this country. "

Seriously, what the @#$* are you talking about???? Europeans are leaving their home, their friends, their family, their country, to move to the UK, even though they don't want to, but have an overwhelming desire to keep the "little people" of this country down???

Have you ever spoken to an EU citizen living and working in the UK that has told you that their main reason for coming to the UK was the keep the "little people" of the country down???

North West

"

You are right. People in several eastern bloc countries are realising they were sold a lie by the EU and were actually financially better off under communism, which is saying something"

Garbage. My wife has lived under communism and your comments are farcical.

"

You are right. People in several eastern bloc countries are realising they were sold a lie by the EU and were actually financially better off under communism, which is saying something

Garbage. My wife has lived under communism and your comments are farcical."

And she's living in the East now is she? Go online and read what people have to say

"

Garbage. My wife has lived under communism and your comments are farcical.

And she's living in the East now is she? Go online and read what people have to say"

Provide some quotes and sources....your quite good at deflecting stuff and its all hot air coming from you....at least try to back your arguments up

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I am looking forward to seeing what an English football team looks like this evening?

Full of your finest footballers, I assume.

None of those Johnny Foreigners stealing the jobs of English people.

No, no, no.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"I am looking forward to seeing what an English football team looks like this evening?

No, no, no."

you sound like you know what your talking about regards to football then lol I suppose Real Madrid Barcelona Juventus Bayern Munich psg don’t have foreign players then just us racist English lol

Bristol East

I don't see Spain or Italy quitting the EU because all those bloody foreigners are taking our jobs. I do see England complaining, however - except, it seems, when it comes to putting footballers of a job.

Bristol East

The good news for Brexit-supporting football fans is that, once EU law no longer applies here, you go back to the rule that limits the number of non-national teams in your team to 3. That'll create lots of news places for English footballers.

Bristol East

non-national players

thornaby

Like in the 80syou mean nothing new there then you’ve just used football to have a moan about brexit nothing new there either

By *ilkysmooth123Man  over a year ago

nr sedbergh

Sara j

Im a white English male,if i posted comments about any other race/nationality like you do about the English/England you would be the first in the que to call me Racist.Change the fucking record pal.Have a go at another race/nationality for a change.See how that goes for you eh?

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"I am looking forward to seeing what an English football team looks like this evening?

No, no, no."

. On Wednesday night Europa League final Arsenal v Chelsea of the 22 players that started the game only the Arsenal player Ainsley Maitland-Niles is English.How many English players will start tonight I think between 6-8.

thornaby

No, no, no.. On Wednesday night Europa League final Arsenal v Chelsea of the 22 players that started the game only the Arsenal player Ainsley Maitland-Niles is English.How many English players will start tonight I think between 6-8."

yer about that spurs and pool prob Jane more English players than most do aswell it should be one of the best finals in yrs come on Liverpool

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

No, no, no.. On Wednesday night Europa League final Arsenal v Chelsea of the 22 players that started the game only the Arsenal player Ainsley Maitland-Niles is English.How many English players will start tonight I think between 6-8. yer about that spurs and pool prob Jane more English players than most do aswell it should be one of the best finals in yrs come on Liverpool "

. As a Cockney Red I hope Tottenham win

-Matt

thornaby

No, no, no.. On Wednesday night Europa League final Arsenal v Chelsea of the 22 players that started the game only the Arsenal player Ainsley Maitland-Niles is English.How many English players will start tonight I think between 6-8. yer about that spurs and pool prob Jane more English players than most do aswell it should be one of the best finals in yrs come on Liverpool . As a Cockney Red I hope Tottenham win"

atleast it’s a English team who ever wins 4english clubs two European finals it’s all good for me lol

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs....they just don't seem like English clubs anymore...Basil Fawlty's next tweet...COME ON YEEE TORQUAY!!!

Bristol East

"Sara j

Im a white English male,if i posted comments about any other race/nationality like you do about the English/England you would be the first in the que to call me Racist.Change the fucking record pal.Have a go at another race/nationality for a change.See how that goes for you eh?"

I thought this was what it was all about?

British jobs for British workers.

No?

Or do you not count a contract with an employer as a job?

thornaby

"Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs....they just don't seem like English clubs anymore...Basil Fawlty's next tweet...COME ON YEEE TORQUAY!!!"
you can say the same in France Spain Germany Italy these are European cups after all lol

Bristol East

One side managed by an Argentinian.

The other by a German.

(Socialist btw)

Twenty two players speaking how many languages?

Do you think Basil Fawlty will turn off in disgust?

thornaby

"One side managed by an Argentinian.

The other by a German.

(Socialist btw)

Twenty two players speaking how many languages?

Do you think Basil Fawlty will turn off in disgust?"

sounds like your the one who doesn’t like overseas players or managers ? You do know all countries use overseas players and managers or you just doing another moan aimed st brexit for a nice change lol

Bristol East

I don't care. Neither is my team.

It just seems a bit ironic.

Bristol East

[Removed by poster at 01/06/19 18:02:00]

thornaby

Yr probably right 4english teams to finals is rare anycase and if yr a young English player you will welcome only 3 eu players it can only be good for the england team but what do I know I’m a thick northern leave voter

Bristol East

"You do know all countries use overseas players and managers or you just doing another moan aimed st brexit for a nice change lol"

At present, a football team in the UK can play an unlimited number of EU-born nationals under the freedom of movement and work rules.

Any team can play only a max of 3 players who were born outside the EU.

They must be internationals, so they do not deprive local footballers of a job.

When the UK is no longer under EU law, the rules change.

A team in the UK can play a total of 3 non-UK players, who must be internationals.

It's what people voted for.

"Wrong? We won. It's over."

Winning a binary vote doesn't mean you were empirically correct.

Ever wondered why the argument around brexit has drifted to the principals and feelings argument?

Because WTO law makers have corrected brexiteers multiple times

Our 'friends' in America and Australia have told brexiteers the N.Ireland border needs a solution and that doing bilateral deals off WTO standings are not as easy as we have been told.

Face it, you've lost the "we'll be better off" argument. It's now feels before facts.

"Sara j

Im a white English male,if i posted comments about any other race/nationality like you do about the English/England you would be the first in the que to call me Racist.Change the fucking record pal.Have a go at another race/nationality for a change.See how that goes for you eh?"

Oh no, is your fragile, colonialist self image about to shatter because someone was a widdle mean about the English?

Grow up.

England is a great place, with great people. That’s why many of us travel there for work.

But Christ, a lot of you are mentally soft snowflakes.

nr sedbergh

"Sara j

Im a white English male,if i posted comments about any other race/nationality like you do about the English/England you would be the first in the que to call me Racist.Change the fucking record pal.Have a go at another race/nationality for a change.See how that goes for you eh?

Oh no, is your fragile, colonialist self image about to shatter because someone was a widdle mean about the English?

Grow up.

England is a great place, with great people. That’s why many of us travel there for work.

But Christ, a lot of you are mentally soft snowflakes.

"

Absolutley no idea what you are on about.I have no fragile colonialist self image to shatter,and i have no clue as to the meaning of "widdle mean".An irish thing maybe?

But youre right,England is a great place,built by great people.

Don't worry Silky, you're supposed to feel bad for being a White Male. It's called progress apparently?

"

But youre right,England is a great place,built by great people. "

Yeah, immigrants.

nr sedbergh

"

But youre right,England is a great place,built by great people.

Yeah, immigrants. "

You seem to think i have a problem with immigrants.I dont.I wouldnt be here without immigration.

"

You seem to think i have a problem with immigrants.

"

Nope.

By *ohn4fun1000Man  over a year ago

The Midlands

upton wirral

"Wrong? We won. It's over."

upton wirral

"Don't worry Silky, you're supposed to feel bad for being a White Male. It's called progress apparently? "
It is ignorance and raceism more likely

upton wirral

"I don't see Spain or Italy quitting the EU because all those bloody foreigners are taking our jobs. I do see England complaining, however - except, it seems, when it comes to putting footballers of a job.

"

The only reason Italy does not quit the EU is because they do not have the balls,they are lovely people but are not stubborn bulldogs like the British.Even remoaners are stubborn bulldogs as the go on and on and on even though they have lost.

It is this atitude of this nation that will bring great benefits in the long run after Brexit

By *irkydirkyMan  over a year ago

crewe

"I don't see Spain or Italy quitting the EU because all those bloody foreigners are taking our jobs. I do see England complaining, however - except, it seems, when it comes to putting footballers of a job.

The only reason Italy does not quit the EU is because they do not have the balls,they are lovely people but are not stubborn bulldogs like the British.Even remoaners are stubborn bulldogs as the go on and on and on even though they have lost.

It is this atitude of this nation that will bring great benefits in the long run after Brexit "

Hahahahaha

Bristol East

It is this atitude of this nation that will bring great benefits in the long run after Brexit "

Or perhaps they are simply not as stupid as some.

"

A winning attitude and a killer smile will work?

Ok.

So my take away from this, is the true British patriots must be the remainers as they are living up to the stubborn British bulldog spirit .

I'm not saying leavers are plastic patriots they're the just not as British and doggedly stubborn .

» Add a new message to this topic