FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Unbelievable !

Unbelievable !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A guy at work today said to me , what do you think about the Barcelona Attack ?

Unbelievable isn't he said .

Snag is and this hit me hard , I had to Reply no it isn't and that's now the problem !

Discuss .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

All evil needs to flourish is good to be idle.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Can't discuss him without knowing him etc.

I meant that these events no longer seem unbelievable , that's what I meant discuss .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a little bit of "you reap what you sow"!

It goes back to the crusades - when the west invaded and the Muslims never forgave us for occupying their lands. It's a bit like slavery - again way back in history but it has never been forgotten by some. So bearing in mind the past, and how some sectors never forget - what does the future hold? Scarry isn't it?

Yes ypur right when something happens around a dozen times in a year it can no longer be classed as "Unbelievable"..

The solution is not obvious though...

We should expect more attacks on a regular basis.This wont end fot decades.Weve sown the seeds now we reap the harvest.

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Blaming the crusades is not exactly the root of the problem, it is Islamic propaganda. Prior to those lands being Islamic, many were in fact Christian, Jewish or other religions.

The Crusades were an attempt to retake these lands and stop the spread of Islam into Europe.

By *alkirkbairnMan  over a year ago

Grangemouth

It's religions fault

"Yes ypur right when something happens around a dozen times in a year it can no longer be classed as "Unbelievable"..

The solution is not obvious though... "

thats the Judy of what I was getting st !

Tho I maybe didn't phrase the subject that well .

Meant Jist

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"It's religions fault"

How does that apply to the US terrorist attack?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Blaming the crusades is not exactly the root of the problem, it is Islamic propaganda. Prior to those lands being Islamic, many were in fact Christian, Jewish or other religions.

The Crusades were an attempt to retake these lands and stop the spread of Islam into Europe. "

. Lol I'm shocked it only goes back as far as the crusades why stop there Them bloody cave men were twats for roaming about

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

"Blaming the crusades is not exactly the root of the problem, it is Islamic propaganda. Prior to those lands being Islamic, many were in fact Christian, Jewish or other religions.

The Crusades were an attempt to retake these lands and stop the spread of Islam into Europe. "

south west , continental

The Crusades were an attempt to retake these lands and stop the spread of Islam into Europe. . Lol I'm shocked it only goes back as far as the crusades why stop there Them bloody cave men were twats for roaming about "

Grangemouth

"It's religions fault

How does that apply to the US terrorist attack? "

Because it's always religions fault.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"A guy at work today said to me , what do you think about the Barcelona Attack ?

Unbelievable isn't he said .

Snag is and this hit me hard , I had to Reply no it isn't and that's now the problem !

Discuss ."

Interesting statement

Cambridge

"It's religions fault

Because it's always religions fault."

How?

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Religion, money or sex cause conflict.

moston

It is quite strange to watch how history gets twisted to fit memes.

It is our fault that Islamists are killing us in our towns and cities. Apparently we have brought this on ourselves because we have oppressed them.

Funnily enough when looked at objectively history does not seem to agree. You can go back to all the way to Ancient Persia and the dawn of history and there is one recurring theme. Armies of Arabs pouring out of the Near East and North Africa intent on enslaving or slaughtering all they encounter. Funnily enough they seem to always be either a living god or the ones chosen to do gods bidding. Sadly we in Europe continue to repeat the same mistake over and over again too. Having had to deal with Arab barbarity being visited on us we bottle them up for a while and then relax our control on the Arabs and back they come again.

Will we ever learn?

I think not.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"It's a little bit of "you reap what you sow"!

It goes back to the crusades - when the west invaded and the Muslims never forgave us for occupying their lands. It's a bit like slavery - again way back in history but it has never been forgotten by some. So bearing in mind the past, and how some sectors never forget - what does the future hold? Scarry isn't it?"

Those so called Muslim Lands were originally Christian Lands of the Byzantine Empire before they were invaded by the Muslims. Also slavery, upto about the 1600's, was something we suffered from at the hands of African Arab Slave Traders that regularly raided along The English Channel.

The rights and wrongs of history are very much determined by where you choose to draw your timeframes.

south west , continental

Well said Sir

"It is quite strange to watch how history gets twisted to fit memes.

It is our fault that Islamists are killing us in our towns and cities. Apparently we have brought this on ourselves because we have oppressed them.

Funnily enough when looked at objectively history does not seem to agree. You can go back to all the way to Ancient Persia and the dawn of history and there is one recurring theme. Armies of Arabs pouring out of the Near East and North Africa intent on enslaving or slaughtering all they encounter. Funnily enough they seem to always be either a living god or the ones chosen to do gods bidding. Sadly we in Europe continue to repeat the same mistake over and over again too. Having had to deal with Arab barbarity being visited on us we bottle them up for a while and then relax our control on the Arabs and back they come again.

Will we ever learn?

I think not. "

Well maybe if Western Countries didn't start killing Muslims in their cities and towns they might not have felt the urge to do the same?

Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc etc.

It's not the Crusades that will be making groups of peoples angry, its not centuries old history, it is what's happening today. Western imperialist intervention in the middle East. 'Humanitarian' drone strikes killing children, hospitals bombed. Probsbly a million civilian deaths in Iraq. British weapons killing civilians in the Yemen. Geopolitical games used to ensure Western hegemony. The role the West plays in suppressing the Palestinian people...

Tell me.. wouldn't you be angry??

Obviously individual terrorism is never an appropriate response, but wouldn't you be at least as angry to see thousands upon thousands killed on your streets as we are when we see Manchester, London or Barcelona.

If you can label Islam, or Muslim countries barbaric for apparently holding some blame for these atrocities, then what would you say to the countries of the Western military-industrial states like Britain, France and the US, who's economies are propped up by perpetual war?

moston

"Well maybe if Western Countries didn't start killing Muslims in their cities and towns they might not have felt the urge to do the same? "

What part of DAWN OF CIVILISATION did you not understand? Or are you trying to say that just because they have been doing something for over 6000 years and continue to do it we should do nothing?

"Well maybe if Western Countries didn't start killing Muslims in their cities and towns they might not have felt the urge to do the same?

What part of DAWN OF CIVILISATION did you not understand? Or are you trying to say that just because they have been doing something for over 6000 years and continue to do it we should do nothing?"

Who cares what they did 6,000 years ago? Tell me, how many African countries, and how many times, have Muslim invaded Europe in the last 200 years?

moston

"Well maybe if Western Countries didn't start killing Muslims in their cities and towns they might not have felt the urge to do the same?

What part of DAWN OF CIVILISATION did you not understand? Or are you trying to say that just because they have been doing something for over 6000 years and continue to do it we should do nothing?

Who cares what they did 6,000 years ago? Tell me, how many African countries, and how many times, have Muslim invaded Europe in the last 200 years?"

Well there are 10s of thousands arriving every month as we speak.

So maybe we all should care because like it or not they are not all coming with love in their hearts and a desire to integrate. In fact it seems as tho there is a sizable number whose intention is nothing short of plantation. Maybe you would like to look north of the border and see how that works out for the native population that are supplanted.

Such outrageous levels of Islamophobia

How dare they wish to flee OUR bombs and make a better life for themselves in Europe.

Stay there and face our humanitarian bombs. That's a good boy. Of course you don't deserve safety and peace, you were unlucky enough to be born in the wrong country.

Who cares what they did 6,000 years ago? Tell me, how many African countries, and how many times, have Muslim invaded Europe in the last 200 years?

Well there are 10s of thousands arriving every month as we speak.

So maybe we all should care because like it or not they are not all coming with love in their hearts and a desire to integrate. In fact it seems as tho there is a sizable number whose intention is nothing short of plantation. Maybe you would like to look north of the border and see how that works out for the native population that are supplanted "

So you're not going to answer my question because what you said is a lie? At least admit it.

Grangemouth

"It's religions fault

Because it's always religions fault.

How? "

Most wars and battles are caused by different religions and beliefs. Even crops up in sport to cause fighting.

If there was no religion in the world there would be drastically fewer wars in the world.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"How dare they wish to flee OUR bombs and make a better life for themselves in Europe.

Stay there and face our humanitarian bombs. That's a good boy. Of course you don't deserve safety and peace, you were unlucky enough to be born in the wrong country."

Exactly this. It's racist and islamaphobic not to encourage them here to kill our children. How dare we try and stop them? Surely it's the liberal thing to do. Maybe allow the ex-isis members to keep their rifles to make a proper job of it?

This is getting childish. It doesn't really matter about history-every side has a tale to tell and it isn't religion per se that's to blame. It's the interpretation of it by people taught that no-one but they are omnipotent, know and have the real Truth and that every non believer should die. Add in an unhealthy dose of hate, lies and objection to a way of life and what do we have? Which is the west and which the east?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

The answer is simple, but probably not popular...

The answer is BOTH sides.

Until both sides can meet and come to terms of mutual understanding and tolerance, there is no end.

"We should expect more attacks on a regular basis.This wont end fot decades.Weve sown the seeds now we reap the harvest."

By we... I would like to add...

"not me"

I find it amusing that many here can separate the KKK from Christianity but not ISIS from Islam.

"I find it amusing that many here can separate the KKK from Christianity but not ISIS from Islam. "

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Such outrageous levels of Islamophobia"

There is no such thing as Islamophobia.

A phobia is an irrational or unreasonable fear of something.

These days I think it is quite rational and reasonable to fear Islam.

Cambridge

"Such outrageous levels of Islamophobia

These days I think it is quite rational and reasonable to fear Islam."

No, it's not.

Costa Blanca Spain...

No, it's not. "

You think what you like and I will do likewise.

But try telling that to the families of the 15 killed in Spain last week or of the hundreds killed in France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Tunisia, and not forgetting the UK.

Didn't hear of anyone shouting Hail Mary or Hari Krishna while waving knives at cops or driving vans through crowds of pedestrians.

Islam has a huge problem in its own backyard and of its own making and until I see some meaningful constructive ways of eradicating that problem then I for one think it is very rational to fear Islam.

No, it's not.

But try telling that to the families of the 15 killed in Spain last week or of the hundreds killed in France, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, Finland, Tunisia, and not forgetting the UK.

Didn't hear of anyone shouting Hail Mary or Hari Krishna while waving knives at cops or driving vans through crowds of pedestrians.

Islam has a huge problem in its own backyard and of its own making and until I see some meaningful constructive ways of eradicating that problem then I for one think it is very rational to fear Islam. "

No they just walk into a church draped in a confederate flag...and shoot them ....same kind of act different religion

Costa Blanca Spain...

No, it's not.

Islam has a huge problem in its own backyard and of its own making and until I see some meaningful constructive ways of eradicating that problem then I for one think it is very rational to fear Islam.

No they just walk into a church draped in a confederate flag...and shoot them ....same kind of act different religion "

So two wrongs make a right

No, it's not.

No they just walk into a church draped in a confederate flag...and shoot them ....same kind of act different religion

So two wrongs make a right "

No and i never said they did....but you only see one side of it....i was giving you an example of the other side

"

Didn't hear of anyone shouting Hail Mary or Hari Krishna while waving knives at cops or driving vans through crowds of pedestrians."

Get my point?

Costa Blanca Spain...

No, it's not.

No and i never said they did....but you only see one side of it....i was giving you an example of the other side

Get my point?

"

I get your point but you missed mine by a country mile.

No, it's not.

Get my point?

I get your point but you missed mine by a country mile."

Nah i didnt....because the same can be said from both sides

"Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc etc.

It's not the Crusades that will be making groups of peoples angry, its not centuries old history, it is what's happening today. Western imperialist intervention in the middle East. 'Humanitarian' drone strikes killing children, hospitals bombed. Probsbly a million civilian deaths in Iraq. British weapons killing civilians in the Yemen. Geopolitical games used to ensure Western hegemony. The role the West plays in suppressing the Palestinian people...

Tell me.. wouldn't you be angry??

Obviously individual terrorism is never an appropriate response, but wouldn't you be at least as angry to see thousands upon thousands killed on your streets as we are when we see Manchester, London or Barcelona.

If you can label Islam, or Muslim countries barbaric for apparently holding some blame for these atrocities, then what would you say to the countries of the Western military-industrial states like Britain, France and the US, who's economies are propped up by perpetual war?"

Quite a lot of refugees flooding to Europe due to US led conflicts in themiddle east, including syria.

Yes i said syria!

If we didnt get involved, that war would be over and less dead injurwd displaced.

And before you post saying Bashar al-Assad is evil etc.. Yes i agree.

But he's not crazy, which is why i am sceptical about him using chemical weapons when un officials were sniffing around

Cambridge

No, it's not.

Islam has a huge problem in its own backyard and of its own making and until I see some meaningful constructive ways of eradicating that problem then I for one think it is very rational to fear Islam. "

That would make it rational to fear terrorism (of all religions and none), not to fear Islam.

No, it's not.

That would make it rational to fear terrorism (of all religions and none), not to fear Islam. "

By *Carver-Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

No, it's not.

The Ulster Volunteer Force, the Phalangists, the Lord's Resistance Army... shall I go on?

Cambridge

No, it's not.

The Ulster Volunteer Force, the Phalangists, the Lord's Resistance Army... shall I go on?"

Just today there have been at least 26 people killed in Sikh violence in India.

» Add a new message to this topic