FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Public Services

Public Services

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Many people have said that immigration has caused too much strain on the UKs public services, and that is cause to limit immigration to the UK. 100,000 thousand of these were thought to be students over staying their visas, however new data published today shows that that figure is wrong by around 95,000, and actually fewer than 5,000 students over stayed on their visa.

With this new data coming to light, have you changed your view on the strain that is put on public services as a result of immigration?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Many people have said that immigration has caused too much strain on the UKs public services, and that is cause to limit immigration to the UK. 100,000 thousand of these were thought to be students over staying their visas, however new data published today shows that that figure is wrong by around 95,000, and actually fewer than 5,000 students over stayed on their visa.

With this new data coming to light, have you changed your view on the strain that is put on public services as a result of immigration? "

Lack of funding over the period the Tories have been in power thats the problem

"Many people have said that immigration has caused too much strain on the UKs public services, and that is cause to limit immigration to the UK. 100,000 thousand of these were thought to be students over staying their visas, however new data published today shows that that figure is wrong by around 95,000, and actually fewer than 5,000 students over stayed on their visa.

With this new data coming to light, have you changed your view on the strain that is put on public services as a result of immigration? "

It is, and has always been, a shibboleth for people who have a problem with what they view as the "wrong" kind of immigration.

Honestly, if the original figure were accurate, it'd be a rounding error on the UK budget, the problem has never been a financial one.

Can any figures be trusted after being mangled by the government?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Immigration down around 80,000 from the EU compared to last year. Great news but still more to be done.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Following yesterdays 'let's not bother checking for bombs getting on aircraft' eye-opener, I'm not bothering with this one.

The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations.

"Immigration down around 80,000 from the EU compared to last year. Great news but still more to be done. "

Provide the facts please on this...because i've not seen it reported anywhere...im sure if it were true the tories etc etc would be singing from the rooftops.....but you know what...that could be just the number of students from the EU deciding NOT to come here to study...which again hurts our great University establishments.

But please feel free to post the link to this so called good news

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations."
Iv not noticed any change in the uk since we voted out . We're do you think they will go instead of the U.K. Then ?

"The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations. Iv not noticed any change in the uk since we voted out . We're do you think they will go instead of the U.K. Then ?"
Because your not an immigrant first or second generation i doubt youve experiencend the change and you're not a continetal European living in the UK. There are many options including their home country.

Cannock

"The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations."

I welcome any drop in immigration. This country is far too overcrowded and the flood gates have been opened to all and sundry for far too long now. Things can't go on as they have been doing and the numbers of people coming here need to be reduced.

"The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations.

I welcome any drop in immigration. This country is far too overcrowded and the flood gates have been opened to all and sundry for far too long now. Things can't go on as they have been doing and the numbers of people coming here need to be reduced. "

You would do....the EDL have been marching for years on this subject

Cannock

"The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations.

I welcome any drop in immigration. This country is far too overcrowded and the flood gates have been opened to all and sundry for far too long now. Things can't go on as they have been doing and the numbers of people coming here need to be reduced.

You would do....the EDL have been marching for years on this subject "

Many polls have consistently shown the majority of the population here want immigration numbers reduced. Please go on burying your head in the sand though, is your middle name Ostrich?

Many polls have consistently shown the majority of the population here want immigration numbers reduced. Please go on burying your head in the sand though, is your middle name Ostrich? "

Provide the proof please Boris

thornaby

"The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations. Iv not noticed any change in the uk since we voted out . We're do you think they will go instead of the U.K. Then ? Because your not an immigrant first or second generation i doubt youve experiencend the change and you're not a continetal European living in the UK. There are many options including their home country. "
yer yr right bob I'm not was just asking as Iv not noticed anything or read anything in local papers up here I guess there's bound to be a little bit of change but that's the world for ya

Sheffield

You would do....the EDL have been marching for years on this subject "

I think this answer demonstrates part of the reason lots of people voted leave. There are millions of friendly tolerant people in the country, who had genuine, non-racist concerns about levels of immigration. For a long time they were shut-up by that type of simplistic insulting answer.

If the discussion had been had years ago without people shouting 'racist!' to shut people up, I doubt there would have even been a referendum in the first place.

I voted leave, and hate racism with a passion, and also believe we have to have some way to control the size of the population. Are you going to call me an EDL sympathiser too?

I think this answer demonstrates part of the reason lots of people voted leave. There are millions of friendly tolerant people in the country, who had genuine, non-racist concerns about levels of immigration. For a long time they were shut-up by that type of simplistic insulting answer.

If the discussion had been had years ago without people shouting 'racist!' to shut people up, I doubt there would have even been a referendum in the first place.

I voted leave, and hate racism with a passion, and also believe we have to have some way to control the size of the population. Are you going to call me an EDL sympathiser too?"

Nah but i'll provide a few facts...not just the headlines

Migration by Citizenship

5. The International Passenger Survey records the nationality of those interviewed so estimates of migration by citizenship can be produced. Table 1 below shows a breakdown of the latest figures.

More British citizens leave the country than arrive. EU net migration is currently 133,000 compared to 175,000 from outside the EU.

Immigration

588,000 All Citizenships

74,000 British

514,000 Non-British

250,000 EU

264,000 Non-EU

Sheffield

I voted leave, and hate racism with a passion, and also believe we have to have some way to control the size of the population. Are you going to call me an EDL sympathiser too?

Migration by Citizenship

5. The International Passenger Survey records the nationality of those interviewed so estimates of migration by citizenship can be produced. Table 1 below shows a breakdown of the latest figures.

More British citizens leave the country than arrive. EU net migration is currently 133,000 compared to 175,000 from outside the EU.

Immigration

588,000 All Citizenships

74,000 British

514,000 Non-British

250,000 EU

264,000 Non-EU

"

You've completely missed / avoided the point. Do you think calling people who have immigration / population concerns 'racist' is ok?

Migration by Citizenship

Immigration

588,000 All Citizenships

74,000 British

514,000 Non-British

250,000 EU

264,000 Non-EU

You've completely missed / avoided the point. Do you think calling people who have immigration / population concerns 'racist' is ok?"

No its not ok...but you know what...SOME ARE

Cambridge

I voted leave, and hate racism with a passion, and also believe we have to have some way to control the size of the population. Are you going to call me an EDL sympathiser too?"

That all gets to the root of this thread though, the figures were wrong. Has this in anyway changed your opinion?

Sheffield

That all gets to the root of this thread though, the figures were wrong. Has this in anyway changed your opinion? "

I don't see the link in this story and Brexit. It's about students with visas leaving or overstaying. If they had visas, they were non-eu and that is a general border control thing, not to do with Brexit. Or have I mis-read?

That all gets to the root of this thread though, the figures were wrong. Has this in anyway changed your opinion?

I don't see the link in this story and Brexit. It's about students with visas leaving or overstaying. If they had visas, they were non-eu and that is a general border control thing, not to do with Brexit. Or have I mis-read?"

No you didnt...you saw the headlines from the Daily Fail id guess

thornaby

[Removed by poster at 25/08/17 13:36:23]

Sheffield

"

You've completely missed / avoided the point. Do you think calling people who have immigration / population concerns 'racist' is ok?

No its not ok...but you know what...SOME ARE "

Correct some might be. But if you notice your reply to Centaur, the first tool out of the bag was a mention of the EDL, was that OK, or is he an EDL member?

My point is, that type of put-down was used for years and is still a favourite on this forum by certain posters.

If an open debate had been had long ago, then I believe there would have been no Exit vote. Only a few % needed convincing the other way. But for years many people got sick of being told to shut up by unnecessary accusations of racism.

Sheffield

"

I don't see the link in this story and Brexit. It's about students with visas leaving or overstaying. If they had visas, they were non-eu and that is a general border control thing, not to do with Brexit. Or have I mis-read?

No you didnt...you saw the headlines from the Daily Fail id guess"

I don't read the Daily Mail. What's your problem?

Can you stop trolling and give a sensible reply.

"

Correct some might be. But if you notice your reply to Centaur, the first tool out of the bag was a mention of the EDL, was that OK, or is he an EDL member?

My point is, that type of put-down was used for years and is still a favourite on this forum by certain posters.

If an open debate had been had long ago, then I believe there would have been no Exit vote. Only a few % needed convincing the other way. But for years many people got sick of being told to shut up by unnecessary accusations of racism."

Oh they are and i agree ...but tbh i cant wait for them to get control and force all the Jeremy Kyle's watches out to work on zero hours contracts so they can fiddle the unemployment figures again....but i'll reiterate my point again...some people are racist...and have been entitled by the brexit vote to express them openly

"The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations. Iv not noticed any change in the uk since we voted out . We're do you think they will go instead of the U.K. Then ? Because your not an immigrant first or second generation i doubt youve experiencend the change and you're not a continetal European living in the UK. There are many options including their home country. yer yr right bob I'm not was just asking as Iv not noticed anything or read anything in local papers up here I guess there's bound to be a little bit of change but that's the world for ya "
Its not going to make the news if you get told to go back to where your from or called names in the street.Its not going to be reported to the police. Ive never reoprted anything.Its a underlying feeling that immigrants aren't welcome.

Sheffield

"

If an open debate had been had long ago, then I believe there would have been no Exit vote. Only a few % needed convincing the other way. But for years many people got sick of being told to shut up by unnecessary accusations of racism.

Oh they are and i agree ...but tbh i cant wait for them to get control and force all the Jeremy Kyle's watches out to work on zero hours contracts so they can fiddle the unemployment figures again....but i'll reiterate my point again...some people are racist...and have been entitled by the brexit vote to express them openly "

I don't get your Jeremy Kyle thing. Are you talking about people falsely claiming benefits? What's the 'get control' thing??

And does some people being racist entitle you to shout 'racist!' at anybody you fancy?

"

Oh they are and i agree ...but tbh i cant wait for them to get control and force all the Jeremy Kyle's watches out to work on zero hours contracts so they can fiddle the unemployment figures again....but i'll reiterate my point again...some people are racist...and have been entitled by the brexit vote to express them openly

I don't get your Jeremy Kyle thing. Are you talking about people falsely claiming benefits? What's the 'get control' thing??

And does some people being racist entitle you to shout 'racist!' at anybody you fancy?"

No im on about the ones that cant "FIND" a job...control of our "BOARDERS"...to keep out these EU types that mainly keep the food industry going here.

Nah i just shout it at people WHO are racist theres no place in this country or any other civilised country for that

Sheffield

"

And does some people being racist entitle you to shout 'racist!' at anybody you fancy?

No im on about the ones that cant "FIND" a job...control of our "BOARDERS"...to keep out these EU types that mainly keep the food industry going here.

Nah i just shout it at people WHO are racist theres no place in this country or any other civilised country for that "

What was the Centaur EDL comment about, I dont get it.

Anyway, can you explain how the student visa thing is brexit related for me.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Stop it. Centaur and the other BREXITers will be getting damp patches on their underwear hearing things like that.

It's amazing that these plastic patriots actually seem to think that making this country poorer and less attractive to people is a good way to limit immigration.

Widnes

I welcome any drop in immigration. This country is far too overcrowded and the flood gates have been opened to all and sundry for far too long now. Things can't go on as they have been doing and the numbers of people coming here need to be reduced. "

Why?

"control of our "BOARDERS"..."

Are you sure you mean boarder? Or do you mean border?

I've pasted the definition for both below.

'boarder'

noun

a person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services.

a person who forces their way on to a ship in an attack.

~~~

'border'

noun

noun: border; plural noun: borders

a line separating two countries, administrative divisions, or other areas.

"Panama's western border with Costa Rica"

synonyms: frontier, boundary, partition, borderline, dividing line, bounding line, perimeter; More

marches, bounds

"I had to present my passport at the US border"

a district near the border between two areas.

"a refugee camp on the border"

the boundary and adjoining districts between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

singular proper noun: Border; noun: the Border

the boundary and adjoining districts between Scotland and England.

singular proper noun: Borders; noun: the Border

the edge or boundary of something, or the part near it.

"the northern border of their distribution area"

a decorative strip around the edge of something.

"she stitched a border on to one of the plain white saris"

a strip of ground along the edge of a lawn or path for planting flowers or shrubs.

"geraniums are among the best of border perennials"

Widnes

Migration by Citizenship

Immigration

588,000 All Citizenships

74,000 British

514,000 Non-British

250,000 EU

264,000 Non-EU

You've completely missed / avoided the point. Do you think calling people who have immigration / population concerns 'racist' is ok?"

No, It's serves no useful purpose in the over all discussion on immigration, even if it was, or sometimes is, actually true.

"control of our "BOARDERS"...

Are you sure you mean boarder? Or do you mean border?

I've pasted the definition for both below.

'boarder'

noun

a person who receives regular meals when staying somewhere, in return for payment or services.

a person who forces their way on to a ship in an attack.

~~~

'border'

noun

noun: border; plural noun: borders

a line separating two countries, administrative divisions, or other areas.

"Panama's western border with Costa Rica"

synonyms: frontier, boundary, partition, borderline, dividing line, bounding line, perimeter; More

marches, bounds

"I had to present my passport at the US border"

a district near the border between two areas.

"a refugee camp on the border"

the boundary and adjoining districts between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.

singular proper noun: Border; noun: the Border

the boundary and adjoining districts between Scotland and England.

singular proper noun: Borders; noun: the Border

the edge or boundary of something, or the part near it.

"the northern border of their distribution area"

a decorative strip around the edge of something.

"she stitched a border on to one of the plain white saris"

a strip of ground along the edge of a lawn or path for planting flowers or shrubs.

"geraniums are among the best of border perennials"

"

I meant BORDER better...nice point scoring is that all you have

"

Nah i just shout it at people WHO are racist theres no place in this country or any other civilised country for that

What was the Centaur EDL comment about, I dont get it.

Anyway, can you explain how the student visa thing is brexit related for me."

You might do if you think about it....

Well if you read and do some research on it you might know the answer

thornaby

"The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations. Iv not noticed any change in the uk since we voted out . We're do you think they will go instead of the U.K. Then ? Because your not an immigrant first or second generation i doubt youve experiencend the change and you're not a continetal European living in the UK. There are many options including their home country. yer yr right bob I'm not was just asking as Iv not noticed anything or read anything in local papers up here I guess there's bound to be a little bit of change but that's the world for ya Its not going to make the news if you get told to go back to where your from or called names in the street.Its not going to be reported to the police. Ive never reoprted anything.Its a underlying feeling that immigrants aren't welcome."
Bob you are always going to get knobheads like that tho that's gone in for yrs diesnt make it right tho I don't know for a fact but I'd think the uk is by no means the worst in Europe for that kind of shite

Widnes

"

If an open debate had been had long ago, then I believe there would have been no Exit vote. Only a few % needed convincing the other way. But for years many people got sick of being told to shut up by unnecessary accusations of racism."

I actually agree with you. I've said on other threads and forums that part of the problem we now face is because peoples concerns, whether justified or not, have not been addressed with proper discussion and argument on the issues but instead have been shutdown with cries of racism. Not addressing peoples concerns on issues never normally works out well.

It seems an even bigger shame to me that many BREXITers are doing exactly the same thing in relation to the genuine concerns for our country and it's people that remainers have with BREXIT and particularly the sort of BREXIT we seem to getting. Statements like 'Remoaners', 'Suck it up' and 'Just accept it' don't actually contribute much to the overall discussion of BREXIT.

Cambridge

I don't see the link in this story and Brexit. It's about students with visas leaving or overstaying. If they had visas, they were non-eu and that is a general border control thing, not to do with Brexit. Or have I mis-read?"

The thread is about immigration, not the EU.

Sheffield

"

Well if you read and do some research on it you might know the answer "

I don't need to do any research. Students with visa's are non-eu citizens. Their studying here, and leaving or overstaying isn't anything to do with our eu membership. So, brexit isn't part of this.

I don't think you actually understand what is and isn't allowed under our eu membership, because you made a similar misunderstanding in the other visa thread.

So, maybe rather than trying to call people racist or Mail readers, or needing to do research, it might help you if you understand the issue yourself.

Race and religious hate crimes rose 41% after EU vote

An asterisk denotes that it was the highest quarterly figure since comparable records began in April 2012.

Dorset 104* (up 100%)

Nottinghamshire 189* (up 75%)

North Yorkshire 64* (up 68%)

West Mercia 247* (up 64%)

Devon and Cornwall 220* (up 63%)

Leicestershire 213* (up 60%)

Kent 277* (up 60%)

Lincolnshire 78* (up 59%)

Humberside 140* (up 57%)

Dyfed-Powys 35* (up 52%)

Northumbria 394* (up 48%)

West Yorkshire 1,013* (up 46%)

Essex 376* (up 41%)

Wiltshire 134* (up 38%)

Suffolk 123* (up 37%)

British Transport Police 620* (up 34%)

Hampshire 463* (up 33%)

Sussex 385* (up 32%)

Hertfordshire 266* (up 30%)

Cleveland 159* (up 29%)

West Midlands 923* (up 27%)

Norfolk 130* (up 25%)

Gwent 77 (up 22%)

North Wales 56 (up 22%)

Lancashire 128 (up 21%)

Metropolitan Police 3,356* (up 20%)

Thames Valley 286* (up 20%)

Avon and Somerset 449* (up 19%)

Merseyside 477* (up 19%)

Greater Manchester 1,033* (up 19%)

Cheshire 195* (up 18%)

Durham 66 (up 16%)

Cumbria 50 (up 14%)

South Wales 276* (up 10%)

Cambridgeshire 179* (up 9%)

Derbyshire 117 (up 8%)

Staffordshire 237* (up 6%)

Warwickshire 106* (up 6%)

Bedfordshire 133* (up 6%)

Northamptonshire 79 (up 4%)

South Yorkshire 225 (down 1%)

Gloucestershire 55 (down 4%)

Surrey 137 (down 7%)

City of London 25 (down 7%)

Total: 14,295* (up 27%)

There the figures like to argue against them now...or is it just a figment of my imagination.

Like i said if i see a racist i'll call them out and its not called shutting the argument its about calling them for what they are like it or not

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-vote-hate-crime-rise-100-per-cent-england-wales-police-figures-new-racism-eu-a7580516.html

"

Well if you read and do some research on it you might know the answer

I don't need to do any research. Students with visa's are non-eu citizens. Their studying here, and leaving or overstaying isn't anything to do with our eu membership. So, brexit isn't part of this.

I don't think you actually understand what is and isn't allowed under our eu membership, because you made a similar misunderstanding in the other visa thread.

So, maybe rather than trying to call people racist or Mail readers, or needing to do research, it might help you if you understand the issue yourself."

No i didnt and i perfectly understand...and why would an EU citizen need a visa or permission to study here

Sheffield

"

The thread is about immigration, not the EU."

Sheffield

[Removed by poster at 25/08/17 15:42:41]

Sheffield

"

No i didnt and i perfectly understand...and why would an EU citizen need a visa or permission to study here "

Really? Because when I asked you a few posts back, you advised me to do some research so I'd know the answer.

"

No i didnt and i perfectly understand...and why would an EU citizen need a visa or permission to study here

Really? Because when I asked you a few posts back, you advised me to do some research so I'd know the answer."

Yes really i just provided you with it...maybe you should read it

Sheffield

"

There the figures like to argue against them now...or is it just a figment of my imagination.

Like i said if i see a racist i'll call them out and its not called shutting the argument its about calling them for what they are like it or not

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-vote-hate-crime-rise-100-per-cent-england-wales-police-figures-new-racism-eu-a7580516.html"

I don't see any racists on this thread or anybody condoning race crime. It's vile and everybody knows that. By constantly bringing it up, it makes it look like it's your opinion and other people on here disagree with it. They don't.

"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-vote-hate-crime-rise-100-per-cent-england-wales-police-figures-new-racism-eu-a7580516.html

I don't see any racists on this thread or anybody condoning race crime. It's vile and everybody knows that. By constantly bringing it up, it makes it look like it's your opinion and other people on here disagree with it. They don't."

Now your being silly now....maybe you should attempt to follow the threads

thornaby

I don't see any either Iv seen ppl been accused of being racist on other threads tho myself included

Sheffield

"

I don't see any racists on this thread or anybody condoning race crime. It's vile and everybody knows that. By constantly bringing it up, it makes it look like it's your opinion and other people on here disagree with it. They don't.

Now your being silly now....maybe you should attempt to follow the threads "

Goodbye

"The UK is no longer a friendly welcoming tolerant country.So i expect immigration to drop over time and more and more EU citzens leaving for better locations. Iv not noticed any change in the uk since we voted out . We're do you think they will go instead of the U.K. Then ? Because your not an immigrant first or second generation i doubt youve experiencend the change and you're not a continetal European living in the UK. There are many options including their home country. yer yr right bob I'm not was just asking as Iv not noticed anything or read anything in local papers up here I guess there's bound to be a little bit of change but that's the world for ya Its not going to make the news if you get told to go back to where your from or called names in the street.Its not going to be reported to the police. Ive never reoprted anything.Its a underlying feeling that immigrants aren't welcome.

Foxychick replied

Bob you are always going to get knobheads like that tho that's gone in for yrs diesnt make it right tho I don't know for a fact but I'd think the uk is by no means the worst in Europe for that kind of shite "

"Race and religious hate crimes rose 41% after EU vote

An asterisk denotes that it was the highest quarterly figure since comparable records began in April 2012.

Dorset 104* (up 100%)

Kent 277* (up 60%)

Humberside 140* (up 57%)

Dyfed-Powys 35* (up 52%)

Essex 376* (up 41%)

Wiltshire 134* (up 38%)

Suffolk 123* (up 37%)

Hampshire 463* (up 33%)

Sussex 385* (up 32%)

Cleveland 159* (up 29%)

Norfolk 130* (up 25%)

Gwent 77 (up 22%)

North Wales 56 (up 22%)

Lancashire 128 (up 21%)

Merseyside 477* (up 19%)

Cheshire 195* (up 18%)

Durham 66 (up 16%)

Cumbria 50 (up 14%)

Derbyshire 117 (up 8%)

Surrey 137 (down 7%)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-vote-hate-crime-rise-100-per-cent-england-wales-police-figures-new-racism-eu-a7580516.html"

Well these crimes are not in my name. I voted to get control of immigration, not arbitrarily stop all immigration.

I didn't vote for these morons to commit these crimes

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

With this new data coming to light, have you changed your view on the strain that is put on public services as a result of immigration?

Lack of funding over the period the Tories have been in power thats the problem "

Dorset 104* (up 100%)

Kent 277* (up 60%)

Humberside 140* (up 57%)

Dyfed-Powys 35* (up 52%)

Essex 376* (up 41%)

Wiltshire 134* (up 38%)

Suffolk 123* (up 37%)

Hampshire 463* (up 33%)

Sussex 385* (up 32%)

Cleveland 159* (up 29%)

Norfolk 130* (up 25%)

Gwent 77 (up 22%)

North Wales 56 (up 22%)

Lancashire 128 (up 21%)

Merseyside 477* (up 19%)

Cheshire 195* (up 18%)

Durham 66 (up 16%)

Cumbria 50 (up 14%)

Derbyshire 117 (up 8%)

Surrey 137 (down 7%)

Well these crimes are not in my name. I voted to get control of immigration, not arbitrarily stop all immigration.

I didn't vote for these morons to commit these crimes"

Which is weird, because the UK already had control of immigration.

But it does serve to highlight where the gap is when it comes to people having "concerns" about immigration - they very well may have concerns, and feel genuinely about them, but that does not mean they are valid.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"

And does some people being racist entitle you to shout 'racist!' at anybody you fancy?"

...Well said....I was speaking to a black guy on a building job the other day and i asked him if he thought this country was racist...his reply was.."there are white agitators in this country who will spout the word racist more times than ten black men put together would in a life time."..and there are some fine examples on these forums.

Dorset 104* (up 100%)

Kent 277* (up 60%)

Humberside 140* (up 57%)

Dyfed-Powys 35* (up 52%)

Essex 376* (up 41%)

Wiltshire 134* (up 38%)

Suffolk 123* (up 37%)

Hampshire 463* (up 33%)

Sussex 385* (up 32%)

Cleveland 159* (up 29%)

Norfolk 130* (up 25%)

Gwent 77 (up 22%)

North Wales 56 (up 22%)

Lancashire 128 (up 21%)

Merseyside 477* (up 19%)

Cheshire 195* (up 18%)

Durham 66 (up 16%)

Cumbria 50 (up 14%)

Derbyshire 117 (up 8%)

Surrey 137 (down 7%)

Could you please explain how you calculated your headline figure of 41% in the first sentence?

I am querying it because later you quote the total rose 27%.

It doesn't add up!

Stop it. Centaur and the other BREXITers will be getting damp patches on their underwear hearing things like that.

It's amazing that these plastic patriots actually seem to think that making this country poorer and less attractive to people is a good way to limit immigration.

"

Being less tolerant and welcoming is a necessary response apparently to get the message out to all those that might want to come here.I think its a strategy that will work .

Dorset 104* (up 100%)

Kent 277* (up 60%)

Humberside 140* (up 57%)

Dyfed-Powys 35* (up 52%)

Essex 376* (up 41%)

Wiltshire 134* (up 38%)

Suffolk 123* (up 37%)

Hampshire 463* (up 33%)

Sussex 385* (up 32%)

Cleveland 159* (up 29%)

Norfolk 130* (up 25%)

Gwent 77 (up 22%)

North Wales 56 (up 22%)

Lancashire 128 (up 21%)

Merseyside 477* (up 19%)

Cheshire 195* (up 18%)

Durham 66 (up 16%)

Cumbria 50 (up 14%)

Derbyshire 117 (up 8%)

Surrey 137 (down 7%)

Could you please explain how you calculated your headline figure of 41% in the first sentence?

It doesn't add up!"

I didnt...take it up with the police authority

"

It doesn't add up!

I didnt...take it up with the police authority "

You must've done because it doesn't appear it the article in the Independent you quoted.

The only 41% I can see is for Essex.

You claim that 'Race and religious hate crimes rose 41% after EU vote'.

You've obviously done your research. Now please show how you got to that figure.

"

It doesn't add up!

I didnt...take it up with the police authority

You must've done because it doesn't appear it the article in the Independent you quoted.

The only 41% I can see is for Essex.

You claim that 'Race and religious hate crimes rose 41% after EU vote'.

You've obviously done your research. Now please show how you got to that figure."

No your right...it says 100%

"

No your right...it says 100%"

The headline in the article is 'Hate crimes rise by up to 100 per cent across England and Wales'. Very sensationalist I'm sure you would agree... particularly when you then look at the data and see it was Dorset that had 100% with 104 crimes reported. The next rise was 75%.

If you look at the overall figure for crimes reported in the same period these 14,295 are a fraction of the total.

I am not trivialising the crimes committed but this has to be put in perspective. In addition the crimes have to be analysed further because these could include the Manchester bombing, the London attacks etc. which have nothing to do with Brexit.

"

The headline in the article is 'Hate crimes rise by up to 100 per cent across England and Wales'. Very sensationalist I'm sure you would agree... particularly when you then look at the data and see it was Dorset that had 100% with 104 crimes reported. The next rise was 75%.

If you look at the overall figure for crimes reported in the same period these 14,295 are a fraction of the total.

I am not trivialising the crimes committed but this has to be put in perspective. In addition the crimes have to be analysed further because these could include the Manchester bombing, the London attacks etc. which have nothing to do with Brexit.

"

I live in dorset it would have been 106 if i thought reporting made any difference.

Being less tolerant and welcoming is a necessary response apparently to get the message out to all those that might want to come here.I think its a strategy that will work . "

Yes, in much the same way that if you smear shit all over your house, people will be disinclined to visit.

But that does leave you with the problem of having shit smeared all over your house.

".

I live in dorset it would have been 106 if i thought reporting made any difference. "

Can you elaborate?

The perpetrator(s) could go on to commit more crime if they think they have got away with it.

Being less tolerant and welcoming is a necessary response apparently to get the message out to all those that might want to come here.I think its a strategy that will work .

Yes, in much the same way that if you smear shit all over your house, people will be disinclined to visit.

But that does leave you with the problem of having shit smeared all over your house."

That type of negativity isn't necessary.

Visitor numbers to the UK are up. The majority of British citizens welcome people from abroad.

".

I live in dorset it would have been 106 if i thought reporting made any difference.

Can you elaborate?

The perpetrator(s) could go on to commit more crime if they think they have got away with it."

They probably will do it again.They didnt get away with it.

Regarding these figures id bet for every reported crime there's 10 unreported.

But that does leave you with the problem of having shit smeared all over your house.

That type of negativity isn't necessary.

Visitor numbers to the UK are up. The majority of British citizens welcome people from abroad.

"

The UK: a nice place to visit, but the locals wouldn't want you to live there.

"

The UK: a nice place to visit, but the locals wouldn't want you to live there."

Yourself included obviously!

"Which is weird, because the UK already had control of immigration.

"

There's no control from eu countries.

thornaby

Wtf is this slag yr own country of day very patriotic guys well done

One perception i have regarding immigration is that it's driven by employers who'd rather get someone pre-trained than train someone up, school leavers for example.

On the old days it meant head hunting people from rival companies., which were British moving between companies within tbe uk.

Now though, companies will get wnyone from anywhere in the world, exacerbating the problem.

Just my opinion., no hard facts here.

But; remember the Philippino nurses coming here and was hailed a success?

Well not in tbe Philippines because we caused a nursing shortage there

"Wtf is this slag yr own country of day very patriotic guys well done "

"

"

Maybe you need to get hold of the Police authority about the figures and the paper in question for sensationalising them....bit like a certain red bus eh

Sound a bit to me that you are dismissing them as clearly stated in you post....as you dont believe them....but any RACE hate crime is one too many...and on that point im sure you would agree

"Wtf is this slag yr own country of day very patriotic guys well done

"

I recon your after a date lol

"Which is weird, because the UK already had control of immigration.

There's no control from eu countries. "

Wrong.

In addition to being able to place restrictions on people coming from the ascension States, if after 3 months in the UK EU migrants need to be either working, have a member of the family working or have sufficient funds to live (and have full sickness insurance). If not then they can be returned to their home country.

the UK chose not to record migrants entering from the EU and have no idea how long people have been in the UK.

And finally, from the EU themselves, ‘Whereas the free movement of workers under Article 45 TFEU entails the abolition of any discrimination based on nationality as regards employment, remuneration and other conditions of work and employment, this right may be subject to limitations on grounds of public policy, public security or public health. In addition, if overriding reasons of public interest make it necessary, free movement of workers may be restricted by measures proportionate to the legitimate aim pursued.’

The UK always had control over immigration, even from within the EU. That they didn't is a lie.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Dorset 104* (up 100%)

Kent 277* (up 60%)

Humberside 140* (up 57%)

Dyfed-Powys 35* (up 52%)

Essex 376* (up 41%)

Wiltshire 134* (up 38%)

Suffolk 123* (up 37%)

Hampshire 463* (up 33%)

Sussex 385* (up 32%)

Cleveland 159* (up 29%)

Norfolk 130* (up 25%)

Gwent 77 (up 22%)

North Wales 56 (up 22%)

Lancashire 128 (up 21%)

Merseyside 477* (up 19%)

Cheshire 195* (up 18%)

Durham 66 (up 16%)

Cumbria 50 (up 14%)

Derbyshire 117 (up 8%)

Surrey 137 (down 7%)

I didn't vote for these morons to commit these crimes"

i have no doubt that the vast majority of people who voted to leave did not also vote for the morons to commit such crimes but..

race / hate crimes did spike as stated and lets not forget just how many other instances there may be that went unreported..

a minority of racist fuckwits felt emboldened and took the vote to leave as some sort of sick validation for their hatred and given the bile spouted by people like Farage then that's hardly surprising..

sad thing is that for many people both here and those who have already left and will leave as Brexit 'develops' that is how some of them will remember this great country and that is a stain on all of us..

anyone like some of the people who have tried to say it had nothing to do with brexit that people have been attacked, spat at and abused is frankly living a lie..

thornaby

Every bad thing that happens is blamed on brexit tho don't u think the terror attacks may have something to do with a rise in hate crime more likely than brexit

"Every bad thing that happens is blamed on brexit tho don't u think the terror attacks may have something to do with a rise in hate crime more likely than brexit "
All hate crimes aren't directed at muslims although after an attack there is a spike in attacks on Muslims no doubt..Its everyone non british when it comes to these hate crimes generally.

The eastern Europeans are lucky they are white and its not until they open their mouths do they get identified as foreign.People of colour dont have this luxury regardless of being born here.

Sheffield

"Every bad thing that happens is blamed on brexit tho don't u think the terror attacks may have something to do with a rise in hate crime more likely than brexit All hate crimes aren't directed at muslims although after an attack there is a spike in attacks on Muslims no doubt..Its everyone non british when it comes to these hate crimes generally.

The eastern Europeans are lucky they are white and its not until they open their mouths do they get identified as foreign.People of colour dont have this luxury regardless of being born here. "

99% of people who voted for brexit will be repulsed by those crimes, just the same as anyone else. If the figures are accurate, it shows it has given these scumballs some false belief it's ok to crawl out of the woodwork.

It isn't ok and it isn't what brexit is about. It's far better for that to be rammed home to these people.

"Every bad thing that happens is blamed on brexit tho don't u think the terror attacks may have something to do with a rise in hate crime more likely than brexit All hate crimes aren't directed at muslims although after an attack there is a spike in attacks on Muslims no doubt..Its everyone non british when it comes to these hate crimes generally.

The eastern Europeans are lucky they are white and its not until they open their mouths do they get identified as foreign.People of colour dont have this luxury regardless of being born here.

99% of people who voted for brexit will be repulsed by those crimes, just the same as anyone else. If the figures are accurate, it shows it has given these scumballs some false belief it's ok to crawl out of the woodwork.

It isn't ok and it isn't what brexit is about. It's far better for that to be rammed home to these people."

Unfortunately it only takes a vocal minority to change the perception of what britain is like and when good people dont challenge these people because they voted the same way the perception is enforced.The UK has been tarnished by this just in the same way the recent events in Charlottesville have done harm to the USA and a minority of terrorists have done to muslims in the UK.

The minority can and has done in the past set the agenda and driven change.

Sheffield

It isn't ok and it isn't what brexit is about. It's far better for that to be rammed home to these people. Unfortunately it only takes a vocal minority to change the perception of what britain is like and when good people dont challenge these people because they voted the same way the perception is enforced.The UK has been tarnished by this just in the same way the recent events in Charlottesville have done harm to the USA and a minority of terrorists have done to muslims in the UK.

The minority can and has done in the past set the agenda and driven change."

True, they need to be challenged and stopped. We also need to address our own prejudices. That might be assuming all Americans are Trumpist types and leave voters follow a stereotype.

thornaby

Why do leave voters AV to have a stereotype tho do remainers AV one I thought it was a mix of ppl from all types that voted

Sheffield

"Why do leave voters AV to have a stereotype tho do remainers AV one I thought it was a mix of ppl from all types that voted "

It was a mix. My friends voted both ways. My colleagues voted both ways. But the vitriol and stereotyping displayed in this forum luckily doesn't happen in real life, in my experience.

thornaby

» Add a new message to this topic