FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Politics on here

Politics on here

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heIcebreakers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cramlington

Genuine question for all the frequent flyers in the politics forum.

Why do you do it? Who do you think you will persuade? What do you expect to achieve?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Genuine question for all the frequent flyers in the politics forum.

Why do you do it? Who do you think you will persuade? What do you expect to achieve?"

Boredom.. but just perhaps it's that innate human instinct to pass on knowledge...I still think it's boredom mainly though.

Nobody.. but maybe somebody?.

Nothing.. but there's always hope

Why do you do it? Who do you think you will persuade? What do you expect to achieve?.

Boredom.. but just perhaps it's that innate human instinct to pass on knowledge...I still think it's boredom mainly though.

Nothing.. but there's always hope "

As above

Hitchens comes to mind in response to your question.

Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

I like talking stuff out and a bit of argumentation. It's more interesting than lots of stuff in the other forums.

Also, I think chat rooms/forums in general force us all to encounter differing opinions that we may not confront when we read our various chosen and polarized news sources.

By *heIcebreakers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cramlington

"Hitchens comes to mind in response to your question.

Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. "

I presume you mean Christopher, not Peter. The problem is that CH lived in a noisy nunnery; he wrote stylishly, argued incessantly and achieved the square root of fuck all in terms of change.

Do you really think anyone here thinks they will/can change a thing? No!

Why do folks do It? They like to argue are to cause disputes.

Anyone who has read more than a few threads will see the "usual suspects" have very fixed....and often narrow points of view.

"Hitchens comes to mind in response to your question.

Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. I presume you mean Christopher, not Peter. The problem is that CH lived in a noisy nunnery; he wrote stylishly, argued incessantly and achieved the square root of fuck all in terms of change."

Its takes millions of tiny actions to achieve change.Its not down to one individual.

It can be fun and I like to know what people think about things , and also I'm often undecided what I think about s subject or happening and like to listen and learn more about it

Plus the odd argument lol

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

just as in any other forum subject we all have opinions . .

they are like BMW's . . every fanny has one.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Some of these people wont realise that they are wrong unless I point it out to them

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It can be interesting,funny and bizarre somtimes.i do it mainly toz anoy some people bbt i do believe in my views but tend to express myself in a way to wind people up why not

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

I don't know about others, but every now and then someone here says something that causes me to change my opinion on a subject. Also I know that every now and then someone will fact check me and as a result change their opinion. To be honest it does not happen as often as I would like, but it does happen every now and then and that makes this forum worth it.

I pop I have a now and again to see what people are chatting about and spotting logical fallacies and cognitive biases.

I have no fixed political views other than model agnosticism.

Why do you do it? Who do you think you will persuade? What do you expect to achieve?.

Nothing.. but there's always hope "

Yep, but I will add to laugh at the narrowminded indignation and double standards of some

Yep, but I will add to laugh at the narrowminded indignation and double standards of some "

Does that include your own ?

Yep, but I will add to laugh at the narrowminded indignation and double standards of some

Does that include your own ?"

Nope, my mind is open. Amd I am open about any hypocritical views I have, as everyone is a hypocrite on something.

Does that include your own ?

Nope, my mind is open. Amd I am open about any hypocritical views I have, as everyone is a hypocrite on something."

Good to see it is

» Add a new message to this topic