FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Even Members of the Tory Party Don't Rate the Tories...

Even Members of the Tory Party Don't Rate the Tories...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *imiUK OP   Man  over a year ago

Newbury

https://peterreynolds.wordpress.com/2017/08/06/has-there-ever-been-a-worse-uk-government-than-this/

Which is interesting since some people here seem to think they are capable of doing a good job....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

He doesn't pull his punches does he?!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Applause for that article, bang on target.

[Removed by poster at 05/09/17 00:31:13]

Only thing i would add is his criticism of cameron applies to osbourne and IDS.

Three of the biggest bastards ive seen in a long time

Perfect summing up of the motley crew....from one of there own as well

Cambridge

"Applause for that article, bang on target.

"

I don't agree with him on brexit. However, its funny that he is pro leave, but thinks the government is totally fucking it up, however all the leavers on here seen to think it's all sunshine and rainbows.

"Only thing i would add is his criticism of cameron applies to osbourne and IDS.

Three of the biggest bastards ive seen in a long time"

I don't like the Tories but I disagree on ids,I actually think he's one of the genuine ones, I might disagree with his thoughts but I have always suspected he's at least honest with his intentions, just like I think corbyn is, I disagree with him on stuff but I do at least think he's honest in his intentions

I don't agree with him on brexit. However, its funny that he is pro leave, but thinks the government is totally fucking it up, however all the leavers on here seen to think it's all sunshine and rainbows."

"Only thing i would add is his criticism of cameron applies to osbourne and IDS.

Three of the biggest bastards ive seen in a long time.

I don't like the Tories but I disagree on ids,I actually think he's one of the genuine ones, I might disagree with his thoughts but I have always suspected he's at least honest with his intentions, just like I think corbyn is, I disagree with him on stuff but I do at least think he's honest in his intentions"

Wben IDS was interviewed, he gave an example of a eomsn struggling on unemployment and gave a terrible false act of concern and getting slightly upset and re compoding himself.. It was a cringeworthy performance and an awful example of his character

I don't agree with him on brexit. However, its funny that he is pro leave, but thinks the government is totally fucking it up, however all the leavers on here seen to think it's all sunshine and rainbows."

Are you saying they aren't fucking it up?

I don't think it will be sunshine at all. What p's me off is the leadership, practically back peddling.

Cambridge

I don't agree with him on brexit. However, its funny that he is pro leave, but thinks the government is totally fucking it up, however all the leavers on here seen to think it's all sunshine and rainbows.

I don't think it will be sunshine at all. What p's me off is the leadership, practically back peddling.

"

No, I meant I don't agree that brexit is a good idea.

No, I meant I don't agree that brexit is a good idea. "

Due to the EU's strategy?

I don't like tbe way the EU is handling brexit.

Theres apparently no clause on any country leaving.

Its described as a divorce, but it's about leaving a club.

They want a financial settlement. Fine, if we owe anything, but we don't, because an itemised bill witb a fixed sum hasn't materialised. Junker brandished a figure and we negotiate.

The behaviour of the EU just shows their true colours.

I voted leave to get control of our country back from those unelected by British citizens and control of borders so we can have in who we want,and deport who we dont want Not dtopping all immigration but control it. If we have a skill shortage ie nurses we invite them in, foreign nationals who commit crime or served time for serious crime in their own contry get deported.

Personally I'm not sure we have the leadership qualities in politicians to be independent from the eu, or the will to be independent from unelected officials.

You voted to remain i take it, and though i disagree i respect your considered reasoning

Cambridge

They want a financial settlement. Fine, if we owe anything, but we don't, because an itemised bill witb a fixed sum hasn't materialised. Junker brandished a figure and we negotiate.

I voted leave to get control of our country back from those unelected by British citizens and control of borders so we can have in who we want,and deport who we dont want Not dtopping all immigration but control it. If we have a skill shortage ie nurses we invite them in, foreign nationals who commit crime or served time for serious crime in their own contry get deported.

Personally I'm not sure we have the leadership qualities in politicians to be independent from the eu, or the will to be independent from unelected officials.

You voted to remain i take it, and though i disagree i respect your considered reasoning

"

It's interesting that you mention nurses. What do you think about the 96% drop in EU nurses registering in the UK?

It's interesting that you mention nurses. What do you think about the 96% drop in EU nurses registering in the UK? "

I mentioned them for that reason, and i woukd say that unfounded fear mongering and uncertainty is deterring them.

Another cause being the lack of investment in training new nursing staff through austerity (tory ideology) and certain services are too important to be run in this way.

Id also like to know why we take such important skills frkm other countries. Engineers, teachers , plumbers etc ok, but robbing other countries of vital skills e.g doctors, nurses isn't a good solution. I would welcome them but uneasily to be honwst for thst reason.

Forgot to add, i saw a documentary regarding a big influx of Philippino nurses.

Good for the nhs but wasn't mentioned was the damage done to hospitals in the Philippines. Staff were struggling and one nurse interviewed said she'd go to tbe uk but could see she was badly needed there.

It's interesting that you mention nurses. What do you think about the 96% drop in EU nurses registering in the UK?

I mentioned them for that reason, and i woukd say that unfounded fear mongering and uncertainty is deterring them.

Another cause being the lack of investment in training new nursing staff through austerity (tory ideology) and certain services are too important to be run in this way.

Id also like to know why we take such important skills frkm other countries. Engineers, teachers , plumbers etc ok, but robbing other countries of vital skills e.g doctors, nurses isn't a good solution. I would welcome them but uneasily to be honwst for thst reason.

"

Maybe its like this because the party you voted for scrapped apprenticeships or should i say proper ones...there isn't much alternative now for the younger people...its either go and finish off your education which they have to pay for....or more likely join the queues of young people in the dole queues.they have even scrapped the nursing bursary i believe

Maybe its like this because the party you voted for scrapped apprenticeships or should i say proper ones...there isn't much alternative now for the younger people...its either go and finish off your education which they have to pay for....or more likely join the queues of young people in the dole queues.they have even scrapped the nursing bursary i believe "

oooh I've ooooo. Never ben so oooh, how dare you sir!

(assuming I'm correct in your hiddious accusation)

Blue rosettes are not what you'll ever find on my lapel. Thank... YOU.. very.. Much!!

Maybe its like this because the party you voted for scrapped apprenticeships or should i say proper ones...there isn't much alternative now for the younger people...its either go and finish off your education which they have to pay for....or more likely join the queues of young people in the dole queues.they have even scrapped the nursing bursary i believe

Blue rosettes are not what you'll ever find on my lapel. Thank... YOU.. very.. Much!! "

lol sorry

Blue rosettes are not what you'll ever find on my lapel. Thank... YOU.. very.. Much!!

lol sorry "

No worries mate lol

Cambridge

"

Pulling out of the EU is going to leave us short of £7bn of investment each year.

Pulling out of the EU is going to leave us short of £7bn of investment each year. "

There's lots of numbers flying about, all speculative. Remember theres a lot of countries not in the eu that do well. We did before joining tbe common market, before it morphed into what it is.

Are you happy, being dictated to by unelected faceless beurocrats?

Pulling out of the EU is going to leave us short of £7bn of investment each year.

There's lots of numbers flying about, all speculative. Remember theres a lot of countries not in the eu that do well. We did before joining tbe common market, before it morphed into what it is.

"

People without faces? Spooky!

Cambridge

"

It's not some figure that I've picked out the air. Last year the European Investment Bank invested £6.9bn in the UK. When we leave the EU, we are also leaving the EIB, so no more investment in the UK from them. Not even the £1bn planned investment in social housing. The UK has a huge shortage of social housing, and we really needed this investment. Measures like this show how the poorest in society are going to get hit hardest by Brexit.

I don't feel like I am dictated to by faceless bureaucrats. You could say that faceless bureaucrats process my drivers licence, or passport application, or pay the policeman who walks down my street, or pays the teachers in the local school. You could say that a faceless bureaucrat makes sure that my bins get collected, or that elections run smoothly, but I don't feel that they are dictating to me, as after all they are only doing what they are directed to do by elected officials.

Newbury

It's not some figure that I've picked out the air. Last year the European Investment Bank invested £6.9bn in the UK. When we leave the EU, we are also leaving the EIB, so no more investment in the UK from them. Not even the £1bn planned investment in social housing. The UK has a huge shortage of social housing, and we really needed this investment. Measures like this show how the poorest in society are going to get hit hardest by Brexit.

I don't feel like I am dictated to by faceless bureaucrats. You could say that faceless bureaucrats process my drivers licence, or passport application, or pay the policeman who walks down my street, or pays the teachers in the local school. You could say that a faceless bureaucrat makes sure that my bins get collected, or that elections run smoothly, but I don't feel that they are dictating to me, as after all they are only doing what they are directed to do by elected officials. "

Brexit is happening whatever. Constant whinging about it will change nothing. The EU is rotten and utterly undemocratic. It is basically a cartel - the worry for any right thinking person ought to be how to stop the Tories implimenting a worse cartel in the UK post-Brexit. That is where the struggle lies now.

Cambridge

I don't feel like I am dictated to by faceless bureaucrats. You could say that faceless bureaucrats process my drivers licence, or passport application, or pay the policeman who walks down my street, or pays the teachers in the local school. You could say that a faceless bureaucrat makes sure that my bins get collected, or that elections run smoothly, but I don't feel that they are dictating to me, as after all they are only doing what they are directed to do by elected officials.

Brexit is happening whatever. Constant whinging about it will change nothing. The EU is rotten and utterly undemocratic. It is basically a cartel - the worry for any right thinking person ought to be how to stop the Tories implimenting a worse cartel in the UK post-Brexit. That is where the struggle lies now. "

The EU is democratic and models the UK democratic system almost perfectly. If you take umbrage with one, then you must with both.

Newbury

Brexit is happening whatever. Constant whinging about it will change nothing. The EU is rotten and utterly undemocratic. It is basically a cartel - the worry for any right thinking person ought to be how to stop the Tories implimenting a worse cartel in the UK post-Brexit. That is where the struggle lies now.

The EU is democratic and models the UK democratic system almost perfectly. If you take umbrage with one, then you must with both. "

I do take umbrage with both. None of this changes the fact that we are leaving the EU.

Cambridge

The EU is democratic and models the UK democratic system almost perfectly. If you take umbrage with one, then you must with both.

I do take umbrage with both. None of this changes the fact that we are leaving the EU. "

We will have to see what happens.

I don't feel like I am dictated to by faceless bureaucrats. You could say that faceless bureaucrats process my drivers licence, or passport application, or pay the policeman who walks down my street, or pays the teachers in the local school. You could say that a faceless bureaucrat makes sure that my bins get collected, or that elections run smoothly, but I don't feel that they are dictating to me, as after all they are only doing what they are directed to do by elected officials. "

the police and

Those that process your licence etc, are representatives of elected politicians.

I didnt vote for junker, nor do i see a reasonable man there. He's acting like a spoilt brat, holding the uk to randsom.

You mention the 1 billion for social housing, which can be sourced elsewhere, but only if and when the tories get voted out of government.

Cambridge

I don't feel like I am dictated to by faceless bureaucrats. You could say that faceless bureaucrats process my drivers licence, or passport application, or pay the policeman who walks down my street, or pays the teachers in the local school. You could say that a faceless bureaucrat makes sure that my bins get collected, or that elections run smoothly, but I don't feel that they are dictating to me, as after all they are only doing what they are directed to do by elected officials. the police and

Those that process your licence etc, are representatives of elected politicians.

I didnt vote for junker, nor do i see a reasonable man there. He's acting like a spoilt brat, holding the uk to randsom.

You mention the 1 billion for social housing, which can be sourced elsewhere, but only if and when the tories get voted out of government. "

The commission president comes from the largest party in the European parliament. In the same way our prime minister comes from the largest party in the commons. So you say you didn't vote for Juncker, but if you voted for an MEP, then your vote was part of the process, in the same way as your vote is in a UK general election.

If we could get £1bn in investment for social housing from other sources, as well as from the EIB, then we would have £2bn of investment. Which ever way you slice it, by leaving the EU we are losing out on £billions in investment each year.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No not all the leavers think it is going well,the government is making a mess of it sadly,have said this before.We should still leave anyway and turn the mistakes being made into positives by dealing with what ever happens and not just moaning as most remainers and leavers do.That upsets me the most as many remainers and leavers do not take responsibility to deal with what life throws at us and shit stinks fact

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I do take umbrage with both. None of this changes the fact that we are leaving the EU. "

Yes and we deal with it

I do take umbrage with both. None of this changes the fact that we are leaving the EU. Yes and we deal with it"

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

"

I understand the feelings of those that voted for Brexit largely as a protest again immigration.

But Brexit won't change a thing! Figures from MigrationWatchUK for last year....

EU net migration is currently 127,000 compared to 179,000 from outside the EU.

179,000 from outside the EU i.e. 50,000 more than from the EU. This already has nothing to do with the EU... we supposedly have control over immigration from outside the EU. Yet more enter the UK from outside the Union than from within!!

How much mention did Brexit campaigners make of that....? And already we are being told we need migrant workers (who work for lower wages) in order to keep food / hotel / office cleaning prices low enough for consumers.

Get rid of cheap labour...? OK but be prepared to pay British workers a real living wage.... hmmm can't see that happening any time soon.

Sooner or later reality has to bite.

I understand the feelings of those that voted for Brexit largely as a protest again immigration.

But Brexit won't change a thing! Figures from MigrationWatchUK for last year....

EU net migration is currently 127,000 compared to 179,000 from outside the EU.

179,000 from outside the EU i.e. 50,000 more than from the EU. This already has nothing to do with the EU... we supposedly have control over immigration from outside the EU. Yet more enter the UK from outside the Union than from within!!

How much mention did Brexit campaigners make of that....? And already we are being told we need migrant workers (who work for lower wages) in order to keep food / hotel / office cleaning prices low enough for consumers.

Get rid of cheap labour...? OK but be prepared to pay British workers a real living wage.... hmmm can't see that happening any time soon.

Sooner or later reality has to bite.

"

Ive been saying this....the brexiters wont take a blind bit of notice of you...its the hatred of all things EU that blinkers there judgements

" I understand the feelings of those that voted for Brexit largely as a protest again immigration.

"

Not just that, but also agaonst exploitative employers wanting to pay buttons to immigrants or anyone else, while others lord it up on cheaper goods and services like cheap clothing or dishing out orders to shit paid waiters

Even one of the Tories top donors has called May and the current government hopeless along with the brexit negotiations ....and he would rather have a strong Labour party in....just about sums up this weak and wobbly bunch we have in power now

» Add a new message to this topic