FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Government begging

Government begging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So its come out the government has gone begging to the top 100 ftse indexed companies to sign a letter endorsing that there doing a good job in negotiating brexit....guess what some have refused lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 06/09/17 16:23:29]

The pound have plummeted since brexit, they need all the help they can get lol.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"The pound have plummeted since brexit, they need all the help they can get lol."

The drop in the value of the pound has actually really helped the FTSE 100 companies. Several record highs have been recorded on the FTSE 100 since the Brexit vote and the FTSE 100 record was broken 3 times in 2 or 3 weeks over the Christmas period.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

"The pound have plummeted since brexit, they need all the help they can get lol.

The drop in the value of the pound has actually really helped the FTSE 100 companies. Several record highs have been recorded on the FTSE 100 since the Brexit vote and the FTSE 100 record was broken 3 times in 2 or 3 weeks over the Christmas period. "

Yes because they're valued in pounds and the pounds not worth as much.

To paraphrase Homer Simpson "Pound goes down, FTSE goes up. Pound goes down, FTSE goes up."

"The pound have plummeted since brexit, they need all the help they can get lol.

The drop in the value of the pound has actually really helped the FTSE 100 companies. Several record highs have been recorded on the FTSE 100 since the Brexit vote and the FTSE 100 record was broken 3 times in 2 or 3 weeks over the Christmas period. "

Im guessing thats why these FTSE 100 companies wont sign Mrs Mays letter then...but nice try in deflecting from the initial post yet again ...dohh

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"So its come out the government has gone begging to the top 100 ftse indexed companies to sign a letter endorsing that there doing a good job in negotiating brexit....guess what some have refused lol "
Not surprised lol

"So its come out the government has gone begging to the top 100 ftse indexed companies to sign a letter endorsing that there doing a good job in negotiating brexit....guess what some have refused lol Not surprised lol"

[Removed by poster at 09/09/17 16:33:20]

The drop in the value of the pound has actually really helped the FTSE 100 companies. Several record highs have been recorded on the FTSE 100 since the Brexit vote and the FTSE 100 record was broken 3 times in 2 or 3 weeks over the Christmas period.

Im guessing thats why these FTSE 100 companies wont sign Mrs Mays letter then...but nice try in deflecting from the initial post yet again ...dohh "

Yes, cos brexit is economic suicide lol

Im guessing thats why these FTSE 100 companies wont sign Mrs Mays letter then...but nice try in deflecting from the initial post yet again ...dohh Yes, cos brexit is economic suicide lol "

You know; i don't think brexit will be as successful as it could be., because thetes to many 'nay sayers', 'it' ll never work' doom mongers. A d the politicians are just too weak n feeble.. Just like the moaners on here. I respect sensible debate, not whining bollocks

Im guessing thats why these FTSE 100 companies wont sign Mrs Mays letter then...but nice try in deflecting from the initial post yet again ...dohh Yes, cos brexit is economic suicide lol

You know; i don't think brexit will be as successful as it could be., because thetes to many 'nay sayers', 'it' ll never work' doom mongers. A d the politicians are just too weak n feeble.. Just like the moaners on here. I respect sensible debate, not whining bollocks"

How would you ever think it could be a sucess in the first place....id like your thoughts on it.

But do you also think the moaners as you put are just being realistic or moaning for the sake of it.

Do you not think they want a good brexit thats actually good for the majority of the country not just a few ?

Im guessing thats why these FTSE 100 companies wont sign Mrs Mays letter then...but nice try in deflecting from the initial post yet again ...dohh Yes, cos brexit is economic suicide lol

You know; i don't think brexit will be as successful as it could be., because thetes to many 'nay sayers', 'it' ll never work' doom mongers. A d the politicians are just too weak n feeble.. Just like the moaners on here. I respect sensible debate, not whining bollocks

How would you ever think it could be a sucess in the first place....id like your thoughts on it.

But do you also think the moaners as you put are just being realistic or moaning for the sake of it.

Do you not think they want a good brexit thats actually good for the majority of the country not just a few ? "

That is right, the moaners are the realists, there is a big difference between fantasy and reality of what will happen.

it's not moaners who are in charge of brexit though is it? the guys in charge are vehement leavers ... and they just bitch and moan about everything ... the EU tell them stop whining and get fucking real ... which isn't ever going to happen while fox, johnson, and davies are squealing like babies ... the leavers only have themselves to address for any success or failing ... they have been called upon but are found wanting ... what a bunch of turds

"

"

With a much better government yes we could have had a better brexit.

https://www.ft.com › content

We did ok before the eu when we joined the then common market.

Plus i over estimated the people and leadership of this country. There are some decent, principled, determined people who could see it through in the population but not many

"

"

Quote a wide variance here, yes some are moaning for the sake of it, just as some brexiers say daft things.

Some come up with valid points, but brexit is happening and those who can influence results are focusing on how to fail and fold up, rather than looking at positive solutions/work arounds.

"

Do you not think they want a good brexit thats actually good for the majority of the country not just a few ? "

Some i would imagine are hoping it goes tits up for the i told you so scenario,

Lots will be looking to better / preserve themselves

And stick 2 fingers up at everyone else.

Both the government and those higher up on the social ladder.

Those (like myself) with little to loose except for a shit insecure zero hour contract will just have to take each day as it comes and hope i don't rnd up evicted.. The usual stuff common people deal with ip in the forotten end of the uk

While the elite scuttle about, worrying about their sports cars/chelsea tractors and where are tbey goung to find cheap labour to make their skinny lattes or mocha mocha coffees

Just my humble riff raff working class scumbag opinion of course

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

"Just my humble riff raff working class scumbag opinion of course "

Imho the eu did more for the working class than the (Tory) governments ...

"Just my humble riff raff working class scumbag opinion of course

Imho the eu did more for the working class than the (Tory) governments ... "

True. Dread to think of a tory government free from the shackles of ru working time directive to name a few.

I didnt just blissfully vote leave. I deliberated over the issue for weeks on which way to vote

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

True. Dread to think of a tory government free from the shackles of ru working time directive to name a few.

I didnt just blissfully vote leave. I deliberated over the issue for weeks on which way to vote"

Fair plays. Anyone (on either side) who makes it out as a no brainer probably hasn't looked at in from both sides and from all sides.

I didnt just blissfully vote leave. I deliberated over the issue for weeks on which way to vote"

So would you change your mind if you had the chance given what you know now...

And i cant ever recall the leave campaign saying this government or whatever government would be given cart blanch to change the laws of this contry with no recourse

I didnt just blissfully vote leave. I deliberated over the issue for weeks on which way to vote

So would you change your mind if you had the chance given what you know now...

And i cant ever recall the leave campaign saying this government or whatever government would be given cart blanch to change the laws of this contry with no recourse "

To be honest, i don't know.

I feel aliened and rejected by this country. I feel i can take on what the tories throw at me, but what grinds my gears is a woman in her 50s, having to carry oxygen, shuffling into the library being forced to look for work.. While toffs at the top scoffing at the trough, squandering ill gotton gains whine on about trivial shite.

So thr lesser part of me would say vote leave in spite, just to make them arrogant toffs live in fear for a bit, give them a taste of their own medicine, if only for a while.

The other part of me i listen to more would say abstain from voting as it's too big a decision for me to decide either way.

» Add a new message to this topic