FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The great frigate broken promise part 2

The great frigate broken promise part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

CLCC you are talking about smething that has not even happened Scotland voted no sadly

So lets stick to the present ok

Now why are you ok about the Better Together mob lying to people?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"CLCC you are talking about smething that has not even happened Scotland voted no sadly

Now why are you ok about the Better Together mob lying to people? "

The present as in 2014 you mean

The Council of Elrond

Does no one give a damn about the shipyard workers on the Clyde ?

They were promised they would get 13 type 26 frigates now its down to 8 that is a broken promise

So why is it ok to lie? Why are none of you challenging that and asking why the UK are not keeping the promise to build 13 type 26 frigates on the Clyde ?

Its a cop out like you all dont care

The Council of Elrond

"CLCC you are talking about smething that has not even happened Scotland voted no sadly

The present as in 2014 you mean "

No the present would be that only 8 type 26 frigates have been ordered to be build on the Clyde where back in 2014 it was 13

Now are you ok about them lying to people?

What would you tell the workers on the Clyde ? Suck it up not feel one bit for those workers eh ?

Some family of nations

The present as in 2014 you mean

No the present would be that only 8 type 26 frigates have been ordered to be build on the Clyde where back in 2014 it was 13

Now are you ok about them lying to people?

What would you tell the workers on the Clyde ? Suck it up not feel one bit for those workers eh ?

Some family of nations"

But at present ie 2017 and NOT 2014 13 ships are going to be built at the Clyde shipyards bloody good news indeed id had thought for those workers that have there jobs secure for at least 20 years to come....i wish mine was as secure

The Council of Elrond

Ok am away for now its been good chatting and debating with you all

But am away to get some scran and then go to the midnight showing of ''IT''

We all float down here lol

"Ok am away for now its been good chatting and debating with you all

We all float down here lol "

Enjoy your food and the movie

The Council of Elrond

"Ok am away for now its been good chatting and debating with you all

We all float down here lol

Enjoy your food and the movie "

Will do you enjoy your night too

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Now why are you ok about the Better Together mob lying to people? "

No, we are talking about campaign promises. How many frigates did the independence campaign pledge to build?

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"

No, we are talking about campaign promises. How many frigates did the independence campaign pledge to build? "

Zero. An indy Scotland was only supposed to have 2 frigates (in total!) and they were to be taken from the RN rather than being newly built. Those Clyde ship workers, and all the associated businesses, would be signing on right now if the nats had got their way. Thankfully any chance of indy is long gone now, which is why we see such anger and desperation on here.

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

"Does no one give a damn about the shipyard workers on the Clyde ?

They were promised they would get 13 type 26 frigates now its down to 8 that is a broken promise

So why is it ok to lie? Why are none of you challenging that and asking why the UK are not keeping the promise to build 13 type 26 frigates on the Clyde ?

Its a cop out like you all dont care"

You really do struggle with logical thought right? Ok so let's go with complete and irrefutable clarity.

1. Labour (not in government) leaflet(not policy statement) promises 13 Type 26 destroyers will be built on the Clyde.

2. Defence review decides that only 8 Type 26 are needed and cuts the order to 8.

3. Idiot thinks that leaflet by party NOT IN GOVERNMENT is equivalent to cast iron guarantee and whines that we're not building 5 extra destroyers that we can't use at tremendous cost simply because a stupid leaflet said we might.

4. This is pointed out with amazing clarity by large number of people.

5. Facts, common sense, practicality ignored by aforementioned idiot because said leaflet obviously beats all other printed and spoken words.

6. Oh wait....

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 08/09/17 15:33:22]

The Council of Elrond

You really do struggle with logical thought right? Ok so let's go with complete and irrefutable clarity.

1. Labour (not in government) leaflet(not policy statement) promises 13 Type 26 destroyers will be built on the Clyde.

2. Defence review decides that only 8 Type 26 are needed and cuts the order to 8.

3. Idiot thinks that leaflet by party NOT IN GOVERNMENT is equivalent to cast iron guarantee and whines that we're not building 5 extra destroyers that we can't use at tremendous cost simply because a stupid leaflet said we might.

5. Facts, common sense, practicality ignored by aforementioned idiot because said leaflet obviously beats all other printed and spoken words.

6. Oh wait.... "

Ah right i get what your saying

So unionists are ok to say and promise anything they want then soon as the get way in the vote take back very promise they made

Who the cares if Labour are not i government you all missing the point Labour , Tory and Lib Dem all took the decision to join together to form the Better Together club and each of them put forward promises so are people honestly saying its ok just to withold a promise

Well done calling me an idiot i have not once called anyone on these posts a name its discusting. Yeah i call out the Tories as dirty lowlife scumbags thats what they are.

But not once have i called one on fab a name its a damn swinging site for fun i come on here to have a laugh and debate not to be called an idiot yeah ok you have a different view from me fair enough that all call but come on stop with the name calling

Oh and ps yeah everyone should go see IT

Its far better then the 1990's mini series

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

6. Oh wait.... "

Warminster

6. Oh wait....

So unionists are ok to say and promise anything they want then soon as the get way in the vote take back very promise they made

Who the cares if Labour are not i government you all missing the point Labour , Tory and Lib Dem all took the decision to join together to form the Better Together club and each of them put forward promises so are people honestly saying its ok just to withold a promise

Well done calling me an idiot i have not once called anyone on these posts a name its discusting. Yeah i call out the Tories as dirty lowlife scumbags thats what they are.

But not once have i called one on fab a name its a damn swinging site for fun i come on here to have a laugh and debate not to be called an idiot yeah ok you have a different view from me fair enough that all call but come on stop with the name calling

Its far better then the 1990's mini series "

I was desperately trying to get a point across which you seemed to be wilfully ignoring. Better together was a CAMPAIGN. It wasn't a government. They were not empowered to make any promises.

My apologies for the insult but really, you have been given very good answers and explanations and have utterly disregarded them in favour of a leaflet you once read. We only require 8 Type 26s now. Why build 13?

If you had a business which had 13 vans and then downsized it because you couldn't afford to run it and therefore only needed 8 vans, would you buy 13 because you'd told the car dealer a few years back that you would? No. We no longer need 13 of those ships. Therefore we are not building them. It's that simple!!

The Council of Elrond

6. Oh wait....

Its far better then the 1990's mini series

I was desperately trying to get a point across which you seemed to be wilfully ignoring. Better together was a CAMPAIGN. It wasn't a government. They were not empowered to make any promises.

My apologies for the insult but really, you have been given very good answers and explanations and have utterly disregarded them in favour of a leaflet you once read. We only require 8 Type 26s now. Why build 13?

If you had a business which had 13 vans and then downsized it because you couldn't afford to run it and therefore only needed 8 vans, would you buy 13 because you'd told the car dealer a few years back that you would? No. We no longer need 13 of those ships. Therefore we are not building them. It's that simple!! "

Right so it all comes back to that unionists are allowed to say and do what they like then get the result they want then take back all that they said and promised Scotland was going to get and that now all fine ?

Why build 13 really ? Maybe just maybe its because 13 were promised

onto of that where is Home Rule fr Scotland ? Let me guess its the same crap answer Labour are not in government so thats the excuse for not delivering on that the Better Together camp were telling people to vote no vote ? Sold a pack of lies

Thank you for the apologies

But i suppose all this is will be pointed out in the next independence referendum no amount of extra powers is going to save the UK this time brexit as seen to that we all know its going to be a big pile of dug shite and Scotland will have a way out

Cambridge

OP, if we are talking about campaign promises. How many frigates did the independence campaign pledge to build?

The Council of Elrond

"OP, if we are talking about campaign promises. How many frigates did the independence campaign pledge to build?"

Why do you keep by passing what the Better Together camp promised ?

Scotland voted no to independence in 2014 so is it not important for the o side to deliver on those promises ?

Or is it a case you dont care ? Do think unionists are just allowed to promise anything and then take all that back ?

I will be honest thats the way it comes across

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/type-31-frigate-order-increased-vessels-assembled-scotland/

OP just how many ships do you want to build

You just dont seem to be able to let go after all the replies you have had, this to me is nothing but great news for Scotland, and all the other UK shipyards benefit as well.

The Council of Elrond

"https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/type-31-frigate-order-increased-vessels-assembled-scotland/

OP just how many ships do you want to build

You just dont seem to be able to let go after all the replies you have had, this to me is nothing but great news for Scotland, and all the other UK shipyards benefit as well.

"

What is so great about lying ? 13 type 26 firgates were promised to be build on the Clyde

The type 31e frigates are being build across the UK that wasnt the promise back in 2014

Scotland was lied too.

Maybe you think that sht is acceptable but i dont.

I mean are you honestly telling me its ok for the unionists to promise Scotland something then win the result then say oh wait see that promise to build 13 type 26 ships we take that back and now we are gonna only build 8 do none of you care about those workers on the clyde ?

Cambridge

"OP, if we are talking about campaign promises. How many frigates did the independence campaign pledge to build?

Why do you keep by passing what the Better Together camp promised ?

Scotland voted no to independence in 2014 so is it not important for the o side to deliver on those promises ?

Or is it a case you dont care ? Do think unionists are just allowed to promise anything and then take all that back ?

I will be honest thats the way it comes across "

I'm not by passing anything. You have stated over and over again what a local Labour leaflet said, however you haven't provided context on what the Independence side of the campaign stated regarding frigates. Please show us both side so we can look at both the campaign pledges in context.

Warminster

Nobody is going to build 5 ships that are unnecessary. It's that simple! They are no longer required, nobody is going to build 5 warships we don't need. Repeat, they are no longer needed. If we don't need them, we aren't going to build them based on a leaflet!!!! No party ever keeps all its promises, let alone a campaign leaflet by a non governing party. Please try to understand that. A leaflet is NOT a promise.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

Ffs how has this reached a second thread kinky you were promised 13 ships youve got thirteen ships the chance of more so stop crowing , lets face it get your way and it all goes out the window anyway

Kinky will never be happy until Scotland is the new Norway...'awash' with oil money.

Just imagine what life will be like......

President Sturgeon and Vice President Salmond will need all the trappings that go with being the leaders of an oil rich republic.

So moored alongside the former Royal Yacht Britannia in Leith are two new vessels: 'Whisky Galore', the presidential yacht and 'Highland Toffee', the vice presidential yacht. They were supposed to be the only ships in the Scottish navy but we're commandeered to enable the President and Vice President to tour the world to promote themselves (not Scotland).

Of course being the new Norway means high taxes and an even higher cost of living.

The price of a deep fried Mars Bar, recognised by many experts as the barometer of the Scottish economy, has trebled since independence.

High tariffs imposed on imported spirits & beer (to keep domestic consumption of whisky and Tenants Extra high) has meant the price of that favourite tipple, Buckfast Tonic Wine, has also risen dramatically.

Queues now form at the English border on a Friday night as Scots head south into England to get their fix of chocolate coated in batter and fortified wine with caffeine.

To be continued...

The truth is probably hardly anyone really gives a fuck.

There's your answer

NEXT!

» Add a new message to this topic