FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > France and Germany bidding to produce the new UK passport

France and Germany bidding to produce the new UK passport

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So looks like both Germany and France are bidding for the £490 million contract to produce the new passport/travel documents for the UK when we leave the EU.

While I am all for getting a good deal Do you think the contract should just go to a company in the UK and not put it out to tender.

Personally I think it would be bloody farcical leaving the EU and then have one of the two countries then make British passports.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree it would be a piss take if they gave that contract to another country.

But that's just the kind of thing that would happen

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's like everything else in today's world . . . cost

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

I thought those on the leave side were all excited about international trade deals. This is exactly what they are all about.

"So looks like both Germany and France are bidding for the £490 million contract to produce the new passport/travel documents for the UK when we leave the EU.

While I am all for getting a good deal Do you think the contract should just go to a company in the UK and not put it out to tender.

Personally I think it would be bloody farcical leaving the EU and then have one of the two countries then make British passports."

Fingers crossed one of them wins....lets see the brexiters shout then about a trade deal

Oh the irony...

[Removed by poster at 11/09/17 17:49:46]

That is the brexit effect lol.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Still talking like it's them and us leavers and remainers we are leaving we are all leavers init tgether lol

"Still talking like it's them and us leavers and remainers we are leaving we are all leavers init tgether lol"
Some aboard HMS Britannia are sailing against their will..Theyll be a mutiny on this voyage for sure.

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Still talking like it's them and us leavers and remainers we are leaving we are all leavers init tgether lol"

Worse luck

thornaby

"Still talking like it's them and us leavers and remainers we are leaving we are all leavers init tgether lolSome aboard HMS Britannia are sailing against their will..Theyll be a mutiny on this voyage for sure. "
. Bob bet you have a pirate flag on your boat you love been a rebel you be digging out you musket soon lol

"Still talking like it's them and us leavers and remainers we are leaving we are all leavers init tgether lolSome aboard HMS Britannia are sailing against their will..Theyll be a mutiny on this voyage for sure. . Bob bet you have a pirate flag on your boat you love been a rebel you be digging out you musket soon lol"
I've even got the pirate accent my lovely and we all drink rum here.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"So looks like both Germany and France are bidding for the £490 million contract to produce the new passport/travel documents for the UK when we leave the EU.

Personally I think it would be bloody farcical leaving the EU and then have one of the two countries then make British passports."

As we are still in the EU and haven't left yet (don't leave until March 2019) then as part of our current EU membership rules we have to put the contract up for companies in the EU as well as on offer to companies here in the UK. I'm 99% sure a UK company will end up getting the contract though but if a French or German company did get it then it would prove that we'll still be trading and doing business with the EU after Brexit, (something remainers claim won't happen) as the contract will run beyond March 2019.

Cambridge

Personally I think it would be bloody farcical leaving the EU and then have one of the two countries then make British passports.

As we are still in the EU and haven't left yet (don't leave until March 2019) then as part of our current EU membership rules we have to put the contract up for companies in the EU as well as on offer to companies here in the UK. I'm 99% sure a UK company will end up getting the contract though but if a French or German company did get it then it would prove that we'll still be trading and doing business with the EU after Brexit, (something remainers claim won't happen) as the contract will run beyond March 2019. "

I've never seen a remainer say that there won't be any trade at all with the EU. Got a quote to back it up?

As we are still in the EU and haven't left yet (don't leave until March 2019) then as part of our current EU membership rules we have to put the contract up for companies in the EU as well as on offer to companies here in the UK. I'm 99% sure a UK company will end up getting the contract though but if a French or German company did get it then it would prove that we'll still be trading and doing business with the EU after Brexit, (something remainers claim won't happen) as the contract will run beyond March 2019. "

Another hot air quote with no substance...id love to see were anyone remainers or leavers have said this in fact anyone

Not me. I am leaving to the eu in 2 weeks lol.

thornaby

Shag don't rub salt in mate AV you seen the shite weather can I join ya lol

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

another liad if lies you have some stranger statements do you make them up or do you not read posts correctly

Try spec savers

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

UK passport designs are changed every five years, to protect against counterfeiting. This tender was part of that cycle, and bids had to be in by April this year.

The Sunday Times "reports" that three companies have been shortlisted and says that a French company as well as a German company have made the shortlist, with the winning candidate being announced before Christmas. They don't name either company, but do name the UK one also on the shortlist. I believe that passport production was brought back to the UK from the USA during the last five year cycle.

Bear in mind this was reported by the Sunday Times, the paper whose claim that we had settled on a E50bn "divorce bill", was debunked as a myth the very same weekend.

"Shag don't rub salt in mate AV you seen the shite weather can I join ya lol"
Yes you can, it is summer year round in spain and it will be about 20c lol.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

I'll never back wrecking my country just so a load of plastic patriots can put their collective finger up to Johnny Foreigner.

We're not all 'init together' and it's still more than possible that we might not actually leave and, even if we do, I'll still never back BREXIT or any body economically and politically daft enough to support such a clearly disastrous idea.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Yet another BREXIT lie. No one has said that we won't trade with the EU/EEA after BREXIT. What has been said is that it will be harder to trade into the EU/EEA because there may well be tariffs and almost definitely additional red tape, bureaucracy and time consuming controls a the border; all of which will add cost.

Cambridge

The only ever passports I have had have always been the current colour. I did think that I was happy with this, until the black/blue/navy debate pushed me to the wikipedia page, and saw the emergency passports in cream. Now I think that is a really nice looking passport. What do you think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_passport

"The only ever passports I have had have always been the current colour. I did think that I was happy with this, until the black/blue/navy debate pushed me to the wikipedia page, and saw the emergency passports in cream. Now I think that is a really nice looking passport. What do you think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_passport "

I want a Red, White & Blue passport to go with my Red, White & Blue Brexit

"The only ever passports I have had have always been the current colour. I did think that I was happy with this, until the black/blue/navy debate pushed me to the wikipedia page, and saw the emergency passports in cream. Now I think that is a really nice looking passport. What do you think?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_passport

I want a Red, White & Blue passport to go with my Red, White & Blue Brexit "

To go with your Union Jack underpants

thornaby

So tell us what's wrong with a Union Jack then ?

"So tell us what's wrong with a Union Jack then ?"
Id like a skull and cross bones on my passport.

thornaby

Lmfao class I knew ud come up with a bute

» Add a new message to this topic