FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trouble in burma

Trouble in burma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys what are ur thoughts should we send in our army to sort out the issues in burma

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Certainly not. Why would we? It would be illegal.

"Certainly not. Why would we? It would be illegal."

Wasn't it illegal to go to iraq

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Hi guys what are ur thoughts should we send in our army to sort out the issues in burma"

Doesn't Burma have their own army? Anyway, there's two sides to that problem, and the outcry has been caused by the influx of refugees into a country that can't even look after its own citizens. We would be better off having a quiet word. Invading isn't likely to help anyone.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

We've enough trouble already by butting in to issues that are none of our business.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"Certainly not. Why would we? It would be illegal.

Wasn't it illegal to go to iraq"

Yes it was

The then United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan said in September 2004 that: "From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, it [the war] was illegal"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

May as well. We've got a lousy track record upto now, we're bound to get one right sooner or later

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Certainly not. Why would we? It would be illegal."

Under international law it wouldn't be illegal under R2P, or responsibility to protect.

Leeds

Wasn't it illegal to go to iraq"

Yes. And everyone hates Blair, or Bliar as they now call him. And the condemnation in Chilcot's report etc

Yes it was

The then United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan said in September 2004 that: "From our point of view and the UN Charter point of view, it [the war] was illegal""

True

By *ancastermanMan  over a year ago

carnforth

"Hi guys what are ur thoughts should we send in our army to sort out the issues in burma"

Myanmar you mean.

No we shouldn't send troops but we must condemn from the highest pulpits, the ethnic cleansing going on.

Yes. And everyone hates Blair, or Bliar as they now call him. And the condemnation in Chilcot's report etc"

Agreed

Just nuke them along with North Korea and have done with it

By *nSeeNMan  over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

No, we should learn from our mistakes.

"Hi guys what are ur thoughts should we send in our army to sort out the issues in burma

Myanmar you mean.

No we shouldn't send troops but we must condemn from the highest pulpits, the ethnic cleansing going on."

Agreed

Cambridge

"Hi guys what are ur thoughts should we send in our army to sort out the issues in burma

Doesn't Burma have their own army? Anyway, there's two sides to that problem, and the outcry has been caused by the influx of refugees into a country that can't even look after its own citizens. We would be better off having a quiet word. Invading isn't likely to help anyone."

It's the Burmese national military that is causing most of the problems.

Sadly Burma has been in a constant state of civil war since 1947. I don't think a military response inside Burma is appropriate at the moment. There could be a role in supporting the refugees though.

Doesn't Burma have their own army? Anyway, there's two sides to that problem, and the outcry has been caused by the influx of refugees into a country that can't even look after its own citizens. We would be better off having a quiet word. Invading isn't likely to help anyone.

Sadly Burma has been in a constant state of civil war since 1947. I don't think a military response inside Burma is appropriate at the moment. There could be a role in supporting the refugees though."

Agreed

carnforth

Sadly Burma has been in a constant state of civil war since 1947. I don't think a military response inside Burma is appropriate at the moment. There could be a role in supporting the refugees though."

Exactly this.

Leeds

They are on the other side of the world. Let someone closer deal with it.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

It's the Burmese national military that is causing most of the problems."

I know. I was just questioning the OPs reasoning that sending our armed forces over there would help in any way. I agree that aid for the refugees would be more appropriate in this instance.

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"Just nuke them along with North Korea and have done with it "

And just who has North Korea attacked since the 1950's? answer no one - meanwhile take a look at who Uncle Sam has attacked in that time.

In the 1950s the USA dropped 635,000 tonnes of bombs on North Korea including 35,000 tonnes of napalm. The US killed an estimated 20% of the North Korean population. For comparison, approximately 2% of the UK population was killed during World War II.

That this massive destruction of North Korea resulted in a xenophobic, American-hating state with an obsession with developing powerful weapons systems to ensure national survival, is not exactly surprising. The western media treat the existence of the Kim Jong-un regime as an inexplicable and eccentric manifestation of evil. In fact, it is caused by the the USA. Unless those causes are addressed the situation can never be resolved.

Has any western politician ever referenced the history above in discussing North Korea?

why don't you start up one of those go fund me sites to get you out there supporting them... I'll throw in a tenner

Cambridge

Sadly Burma has been in a constant state of civil war since 1947. I don't think a military response inside Burma is appropriate at the moment. There could be a role in supporting the refugees though. why don't you start up one of those go fund me sites to get you out there supporting them... I'll throw in a tenner "

carnforth

"Just nuke them along with North Korea and have done with it

And just who has North Korea attacked since the 1950's? answer no one - meanwhile take a look at who Uncle Sam has attacked in that time.

In the 1950s the USA dropped 635,000 tonnes of bombs on North Korea including 35,000 tonnes of napalm. The US killed an estimated 20% of the North Korean population. For comparison, approximately 2% of the UK population was killed during World War II.

That this massive destruction of North Korea resulted in a xenophobic, American-hating state with an obsession with developing powerful weapons systems to ensure national survival, is not exactly surprising. The western media treat the existence of the Kim Jong-un regime as an inexplicable and eccentric manifestation of evil. In fact, it is caused by the the USA. Unless those causes are addressed the situation can never be resolved.

Has any western politician ever referenced the history above in discussing North Korea? "

Good points. Note that today is also a significant anniversary in US history. September 11th 1973 was the day the US overthrew the democratically elected Allende government in Chile replacing it with the brutal dictatorship of Pinochet.

Is it any wonder much of the world distrusts or loathes the US?

Has any western politician ever referenced the history above in discussing North Korea? "

All this is of course true... However

did this apparent oppression also cause all the North Korean leaders to systematically starve their own people to death while living in luxury themselves...I mean I bet that really pissed off the evil yanks.

Errr no, if North Korean leaders really loved North Korean people the best and obvious course of action would be to capitulate to the evil yanks, I mean the worst outcome would be they turn into south Korea one of the most prosperous countries in the world

I know. I was just questioning the OPs reasoning that sending our armed forces over there would help in any way. I agree that aid for the refugees would be more appropriate in this instance."

The reason why I am questioning this is due to lessons learned from history like what happened to the Jews in the secounf world war and bosnia

Totally agreed

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Yes. And everyone hates Blair, or Bliar as they now call him. And the condemnation in Chilcot's report etc"

The prick Blair was on the BBC Andrew Marr show yesterday, I'm surprised he has the gall to show his face on national television here after what came out in the Chilcot report. The man is a hideous, miserable excuse for a human being, he should do us all a favour and crawl back under what ever rock it was he came from.

Yes. And everyone hates Blair, or Bliar as they now call him. And the condemnation in Chilcot's report etc

The prick Blair was on the BBC Andrew Marr show yesterday, I'm surprised he has the gall to show his face on national television here after what came out in the Chilcot report. The man is a hideous, miserable excuse for a human being, he should do us all a favour and crawl back under what ever rock it was he came from. "

Whats Blair got to do with the troubles in this country...next thing you will be blaming them on the EU

Cannock

The prick Blair was on the BBC Andrew Marr show yesterday, I'm surprised he has the gall to show his face on national television here after what came out in the Chilcot report. The man is a hideous, miserable excuse for a human being, he should do us all a favour and crawl back under what ever rock it was he came from.

Whats Blair got to do with the troubles in this country...next thing you will be blaming them on the EU "

Someone else commented on Blair and the legality of the Iraq war. It would help if you at least try to follow how the thread develops from the beginning.

Whats Blair got to do with the troubles in this country...next thing you will be blaming them on the EU

Someone else commented on Blair and the legality of the Iraq war. It would help if you at least try to follow how the thread develops from the beginning. "

Still nothing to do with whats going on here....and i bet you were flag waving when our boys were in Iraq

Cannock

Someone else commented on Blair and the legality of the Iraq war. It would help if you at least try to follow how the thread develops from the beginning.

Still nothing to do with whats going on here....and i bet you were flag waving when our boys were in Iraq "

Like you are flag waving for Bliar here? If there was a Bliar ass kissing contest you'd be first in the queue, lol. You can't kiss Bliar on the lips as Jean Claude D*unker already has that position taken.

Still nothing to do with whats going on here....and i bet you were flag waving when our boys were in Iraq

Like you are flag waving for Bliar here? If there was a Bliar ass kissing contest you'd be first in the queue, lol. You can't kiss Bliar on the lips as Jean Claude D*unker already has that position taken. "

The troubles in this country have nothing to do with these fine upstanding people

Myanmar you mean.

No we shouldn't send troops but we must condemn from the highest pulpits, the ethnic cleansing going on."

British troops are there.. Training the Myanmar military who sre carrying out the atrocities. Baring in mind we're selling srms and training Saudis to bomb and msin Yemeni civilisns and causing tbe worst cholera outbreak in years then its no surprise

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Myanmar you mean.

No we shouldn't send troops but we must condemn from the highest pulpits, the ethnic cleansing going on.

British troops are there.. Training the Myanmar military who sre carrying out the atrocities. Baring in mind we're selling srms and training Saudis to bomb and msin Yemeni civilisns and causing tbe worst cholera outbreak in years then its no surprise "

Technically, it's the Defence Academy of the UK, and not the British Army, that's providing the training. This is not combat training but more educational training.

Due to contract confidentially, these things are hard to delve into, but don't be surprised if the issue isn't brought up at PMQs tomorrow.

Hell no, we've been doing that for so long look where we are now with terrorism.

Fuck that!

Send some cash yeah, try help that way with Aid but nothing more.

We're not the World Police like America thinks it can be.

Hell no, we've been doing that for so long look where we are now with terrorism.

Fuck that!

Send some cash yeah, try help that way with Aid but nothing more."

Yeah i totally agree with you.We've pissed off the crazy muslims nows not the time to piss off the crazy Buddhists.Its also jungle warfare and that never ends well..

Burma was part of the Empire right?

My Brexit policy is for a truely british brexit, lets just retake the colonies.

I mean it wont sort anything out, or maybe it'll pull alm sides together against us...

Cambridge

"Burma was part of the Empire right?

I mean it wont sort anything out, or maybe it'll pull alm sides together against us..."

Which date are you wanting to take us back to? Are we taking back America? Canada? Australia?

I'm a bit confused here ?

Isn't this the country with a lady who once won the Nobel peace prize ? Or am I all mixed up ?

Cambridge

"I'm a bit confused here ?

Isn't this the country with a lady who once won the Nobel peace prize ? Or am I all mixed up ? "

No, it's her.

Isn't this the country with a lady who once won the Nobel peace prize ? Or am I all mixed up ?

No, it's her. "

? Whys everyone so quiet about it then ? Surely the prize should be taken back at the very least ?

This sort of turning a blind eye does my head in I don't care Left , Right , Black , White , Muslim , Christian etc

Murder is Murder !!!

Cambridge

No, it's her. ? Whys everyone so quiet about it then ? Surely the prize should be taken back at the very least ?

This sort of turning a blind eye does my head in I don't care Left , Right , Black , White , Muslim , Christian etc

Murder is Murder !!!"

They are not keeping quiet about it!

No, it's her. ? Whys everyone so quiet about it then ? Surely the prize should be taken back at the very least ?

Murder is Murder !!!

They are not keeping quiet about it! "

It's hardly been front page news !

I mean it wont sort anything out, or maybe it'll pull alm sides together against us...

Which date are you wanting to take us back to? Are we taking back America? Canada? Australia? "

All of them.

We'll take back that penile colony, then move onto the inbred Kiwi's, I imagine Canada will just hand itself to us - I mean they are part French. America should be easy, we just have to offer one side full British rights ad citizenship, then the pro=gun side will start a Civil war over the right to arms, then we just swoop in and take back a destroyed Cotton plantation. *sips tea*

Cambridge

Murder is Murder !!!

"

Maybe you need to change your paper then

Cambridge

Which date are you wanting to take us back to? Are we taking back America? Canada? Australia?

All of them.

We'll take back that penile colony, then move onto the inbred Kiwi's, I imagine Canada will just hand itself to us - I mean they are part French. America should be easy, we just have to offer one side full British rights ad citizenship, then the pro=gun side will start a Civil war over the right to arms, then we just swoop in and take back a destroyed Cotton plantation. *sips tea* "

How about Palestine, you want that one back on our books?

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

No. But I would support a UN peacekeeping mission consisting of personnel from ASEAN countries.

All of them.

We'll take back that penile colony, then move onto the inbred Kiwi's, I imagine Canada will just hand itself to us - I mean they are part French. America should be easy, we just have to offer one side full British rights ad citizenship, then the pro=gun side will start a Civil war over the right to arms, then we just swoop in and take back a destroyed Cotton plantation. *sips tea*

How about Palestine, you want that one back on our books? "

Yeah course, I mean the Israelis and Arabs have made a farce of it, might as well just give them a first hand lesson in how you administer a region.

Next on the list are Egypt and India...Hong Kong too, the girls there I spoke to are basically begging for british rule again...if you get my drift

All of them.

Yeah course, I mean the Israelis and Arabs have made a farce of it, might as well just give them a first hand lesson in how you administer a region.

Next on the list are Egypt and India...Hong Kong too, the girls there I spoke to are basically begging for british rule again...if you get my drift "

You know a global empire would bring order to the chaos.I think either we will go the world governance route and lose nation states or the nation states will fragment into smaller states and city states.

There's fuck all chance of world governance unless there's some massive world wide disaster

Cambridge

"There's fuck all chance of world governance unless there's some massive world wide disaster"

It will happen eventually.

"There's fuck all chance of world governance unless there's some massive world wide disaster"

There is when I become Ghandi with nuclear warheads. Polite and lovely till you fuck about and dont join my 'team'.

"There's fuck all chance of world governance unless there's some massive world wide disaster

It will happen eventually. "

People probably wont vote for it. It will likely come in the form of a buisness-type oligarchy.

All of them.

Next on the list are Egypt and India...Hong Kong too, the girls there I spoke to are basically begging for british rule again...if you get my drift You know a global empire would bring order to the chaos.I think either we will go the world governance route and lose nation states or the nation states will fragment into smaller states and city states. "

We will probably see a global phase of devolution first. Big centralised states are beining to be percieved as clunky and inefficient at distributing reasources away from their capitals.

Murder is Murder !!!

Maybe you need to change your paper then "

you know what I mean !

It's Selective !

If oil was involved we'd be all over it !

Murder is Murder !!!

Maybe you need to change your paper then you know what I mean !

It's Selective !

If oil was involved we'd be all over it !"

We've ignored the saudis bombing the Yemen we'll ignore Myanmar also.

Murder is Murder !!!

Maybe you need to change your paper then you know what I mean !

It's Selective !

If oil was involved we'd be all over it ! We've ignored the saudis bombing the Yemen we'll ignore Myanmar also."

Yes , but we shouldn't !!!

All Atrocities should be condemned whoever it is !

Left , Right , black , white , Muslim , Christian !!!

I don't care ! If the cap fits wear it grrrrrrrrr !!!

» Add a new message to this topic