FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > inflation......

inflation......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

did i miss the inflation thread for this month.... don't the "usual suspects" start saying its a good thing its gone up... and that the pound was overvalued....

just wondered if i'd missed it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"did i miss the inflation thread for this month.... don't the "usual suspects" start saying its a good thing its gone up... and that the pound was overvalued....

"

Nope you never missed it....or the unemployment numbers down again haha....

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"did i miss the inflation thread for this month.... don't the "usual suspects" start saying its a good thing its gone up... and that the pound was overvalued....

"

Ah the 6 to 24 month lead time in economic action and reaction is showing itself. Now what did our government do that made this adjustment inevitable?

Next question is how will our government spin the next part of the inflationary cycle as prices rise and goods become less affordable in domestic markets leading to job losses and then the double whammy of reduction in exports for the same reason leading to more job losses as businesses transfer their production overseas...

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Ah the 6 to 24 month lead time in economic action and reaction is showing itself. Now what did our government do that made this adjustment inevitable?

Next question is how will our government spin the next part of the inflationary cycle as prices rise and goods become less affordable in domestic markets leading to job losses and then the double whammy of reduction in exports for the same reason leading to more job losses as businesses transfer their production overseas..."

Dream on. I see you failed to mention that average wages have increased, employment is at its highest rate ever recorded and the unemployment rate is at its lowest since the mid 1970's. Plus once Brexit is complete and the new free trade deals start to come in from the rest of the world goods will become more affordable to consumers in this country as we can shop around for better deals from other countries outside of the protectionist EU, which keeps prices artificially high.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Dream on. I see you failed to mention that average wages have increased, employment is at its highest rate ever recorded and the unemployment rate is at its lowest since the mid 1970's. Plus once Brexit is complete and the new free trade deals start to come in from the rest of the world goods will become more affordable to consumers in this country as we can shop around for better deals from other countries outside of the protectionist EU, which keeps prices artificially high. "

I see Centaur has slithered out from under his rock...

Shame you could no make it as far as the 'EU withdrawal bill passed' and reply to my post addressed directly to you. (I am still waiting to see the photo by the way.)

But back to here, and lets address your points...

True average wages have increased, unfortunately the increase is so small that for 70% of the population the increase is actually a pay cut in relative terms when compared to inflation. And yep, unemployment is down. Unfortunately economic activity is stagnant therefore what has actually happened is that jobs have been divided in order to create an illusion of an improved economy.

Just to drive home my point, Mrs May made much about unemployment being at a level not seen since the mid 70's in order to trumpet her and her parties 'success'. In 1974 (the year I turned 18) the average wage was £2000 pa and the average 3 bedroom semi cost £4000. Whereas today the average wage is £27,000 pa, and the average 3 bed house now costs £310,000. The most basic figures belie this and every government's assertions since Thatcher.

You Centaur, would do better learning some critical thinking skills and applying them to political rhetoric rather than mindlessly parroting the propaganda of the tories you have such a deep and abiding love for. In fact if you were married you would have my sympathy as I understand how battered wives are trapped in abusive relationships because they are unable to face the truth that the man they have invested so much in is a bully who continually harms them to hide his inadequacies. But you are not married to the tories, you just swallow their shit and regurgitate it because you think your going to get one over on those less fortunate than you and as such I have no time for you.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Next question is how will our government spin the next part of the inflationary cycle as prices rise and goods become less affordable in domestic markets leading to job losses and then the double whammy of reduction in exports for the same reason leading to more job losses as businesses transfer their production overseas...

Dream on. I see you failed to mention that average wages have increased, employment is at its highest rate ever recorded and the unemployment rate is at its lowest since the mid 1970's. Plus once Brexit is complete and the new free trade deals start to come in from the rest of the world goods will become more affordable to consumers in this country as we can shop around for better deals from other countries outside of the protectionist EU, which keeps prices artificially high. "

But Centaur surely you must agree that our low employment rate is down to the good work of the EU. After all on another thread you were saying the EU was responsible for the unemployment rate in Portugal and Greece. Therefore the EU must also be responsible for the unemployment rate in the UK.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

No try missed Fabio, I believe. There are fewer posts daring to state that any pain for the masses is the right thing to endure now that sovereignty is back etc.

Some would perhaps like to think that house price inflation to astronomical levels, wage deflation and everyone eating from food banks is a mark of Britain showing that it is great again.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Typo - no, not missed...

There are perhaps others but I'm tired

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Dream on. I see you failed to mention that average wages have increased, employment is at its highest rate ever recorded and the unemployment rate is at its lowest since the mid 1970's. Plus once Brexit is complete and the new free trade deals start to come in from the rest of the world goods will become more affordable to consumers in this country as we can shop around for better deals from other countries outside of the protectionist EU, which keeps prices artificially high. "

Can I make this simple for you.....

You do know that if average wages don't keep up with inflation that it is in real terms a pay decrease.. don't you?

So if inflation is at 2.9% and average wage increase is at 2%.... you do know you aren't any better off!

Think of that next time you fill up your car with petrol, and wonder why you don't get as much you did last year for the same money

Governments should lead by example with state sector jobs on say basic income tax getting guaranteed inflation equalling pay rises.

Dream on. I see you failed to mention that average wages have increased, employment is at its highest rate ever recorded and the unemployment rate is at its lowest since the mid 1970's. Plus once Brexit is complete and the new free trade deals start to come in from the rest of the world goods will become more affordable to consumers in this country as we can shop around for better deals from other countries outside of the protectionist EU, which keeps prices artificially high.

You do know that if average wages don't keep up with inflation that it is in real terms a pay decrease.. don't you?

So if inflation is at 2.9% and average wage increase is at 2%.... you do know you aren't any better off!

Think of that next time you fill up your car with petrol, and wonder why you don't get as much you did last year for the same money "

Fabio you know Homer cant correlate to this....you will fry his brain giving him facts and figures

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Think of that next time you fill up your car with petrol, and wonder why you don't get as much you did last year for the same money

Fabio you know Homer cant correlate to this....you will fry his brain giving him facts and figures "

Facts and figures from all these so called experts don't matter. It's just Brexit makes centaur feel richer, a foot taller, and like he's got an extra inch on his cock!

Brexit is economic suicide, it will get worse lol.

£4.50 a pint now.

But centaur, we cannot have trade deals with many countries due to food standards and production quality, imposed by our own government. E.g via the food standards agency.

So what do you want, the government to reduce the protection standards put in place and pass the risk onto the consumer?

I've raise this point several times with die hard brexit supporters, yet ive not had an answer that adresses this. Centaur, enlighten us.

Furthermore if we dont have matching product standards we cannot have free trade. We can have bilatteral trade arangements for specific products, but we alrady had these with the vast majority of the world.

"Brexit is economic suicide, it will get worse lol."

We don't those Swedish Muslims you've got... That's what malmo is for

Good luck getting rid of them

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Blimey. That's a lot of economic illiteracy in one post.....nice work.

» Add a new message to this topic