FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Florence Speech

Florence Speech

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

What do you think the PM will say in Florence?

I hope that she will start to put forward a realistic Brexit. Start to say that there will be a substantial bill, and that the UK will have to pay it. Maybe that the UK will stay in the single market and customs union and make on-going payments to the EU, because the reality is, business and government are nowhere near being ready for Brexit.

I think that Boris has tried to out manoeuvre her with his £350m pledge to the NHS, but of course its worth bearing in mind that to achieve that they would need to stop all farm subsidies as well as a lot else.

But what do you think she will say?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think she will play it very cautiously it is in her nature....A bold PM would set out a realistic agenda and also announce that her Foreign secretary has been relieved of his position ...Then spell out to the EU she will press on with Brexit regardless

I'd like her to Resign I've lost all faith in her

Not that I had a lot

Bring on Pritti

"I'd like her to Resign I've lost all faith in her

Not that I had a lot

Bring on Pritti "

It will be Boris who takes the helm in troubled waters.

Not that I had a lot

Bring on Pritti It will be Boris who takes the helm in troubled waters."

I'd prefer Jeremy to Boris and I'm an EX UKIP Voter

I still think Pritti is the one said it for ages and sticking To it

Tho it's a poor Bunch in all sides !!!

Best PM we've never had ?

Frank Field

Not that I had a lot

Bring on Pritti It will be Boris who takes the helm in troubled waters. I'd prefer Jeremy to Boris and I'm an EX UKIP Voter

I still think Pritti is the one said it for ages and sticking To it

Tho it's a poor Bunch in all sides !!!

Best PM we've never had ?

Frank Field "

Shes 33/1 davis is 7/2 ahead of corbyn 4/1

"What do you think the PM will say in Florence?

I hope that she will start to put forward a realistic Brexit. Start to say that there will be a substantial bill, and that the UK will have to pay it. Maybe that the UK will stay in the single market and customs union and make on-going payments to the EU, because the reality is, business and government are nowhere near being ready for Brexit.

I think that Boris has tried to out manoeuvre her with his £350m pledge to the NHS, but of course its worth bearing in mind that to achieve that they would need to stop all farm subsidies as well as a lot else.

But what do you think she will say? "

Oh what a lovely statue of David. That's a Big cock too!

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Politics is so Machiavellian!

So, the word is there will be no EU representation a Mays big EU speech tomorrow. Question is will she continue regardless of the obvious snub and give her Florence (or should that be Ermintrude) speech facing the humiliation of the EU ignoring her and attempt to brazen it out? Or should she face the embarrassment of cancellation and slink home as quietly as possible and hope that our media don't savage her for yet another U turn?

Is there any way she can salvage anything from this situation or will this prove to be just another damaging blow to her severely wounded premiership? And finally how many people think that there is a distinct possibility that BoJo was tipped off and to this happening and rather than warning May of the EU plan to humiliate her chose to use the opportunity to add insult to injury by preempting her speech and further damaging her by forcing her down a politically suicidal path of his choosing?

Cambridge

"Politics is so Machiavellian!

So, the word is there will be no EU representation a Mays big EU speech tomorrow. Question is will she continue regardless of the obvious snub and give her Florence (or should that be Ermintrude) speech facing the humiliation of the EU ignoring her and attempt to brazen it out? Or should she face the embarrassment of cancellation and slink home as quietly as possible and hope that our media don't savage her for yet another U turn?

Is there any way she can salvage anything from this situation or will this prove to be just another damaging blow to her severely wounded premiership? And finally how many people think that there is a distinct possibility that BoJo was tipped off and to this happening and rather than warning May of the EU plan to humiliate her chose to use the opportunity to add insult to injury by preempting her speech and further damaging her by forcing her down a politically suicidal path of his choosing?"

Well it was reported in the media today that she has only just told the cabinet the contents of the speech. Hardly primus inter pares.

moston

"Well it was reported in the media today that she has only just told the cabinet the contents of the speech. Hardly primus inter pares. "

I don't need fore knowledge of my bosses position to box them into a corner where they either have to agree with me or admit that they are unable to control me thus damaging their position of authority. All I need is for them to telegraph their intent to make a major policy statement on a subject that I have a measure of control over.

Boris depth charged May, I just wonder if he was primed through back channels by someone in the EU? I can't see how May can come out of this anything but more damaged and Boris stronger.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Well it was reported in the media today that she has only just told the cabinet the contents of the speech. Hardly primus inter pares.

I don't need fore knowledge of my bosses position to box them into a corner where they either have to agree with me or admit that they are unable to control me thus damaging their position of authority. All I need is for them to telegraph their intent to make a major policy statement on a subject that I have a measure of control over.

Boris depth charged May, I just wonder if he was primed through back channels by someone in the EU? I can't see how May can come out of this anything but more damaged and Boris stronger."

Let us be clear

Boris is ONLY stronger due to the shallow analysis and simplistic trite platitudes that sadly a majority of UK voters seem to hold

Boris is a simplistic buffoon and the future eu see us as a country who prefer a Boris

All I can say is

And why do I say future EU

Because at the moment we are part of the eu , we are part of its accounting , it's book keeping its decision making the critics of the eu just can't grasp that the very bureaucratic nature of the eu is a reflection of the bureaucratic way the UK works

When some say against the eu they need to accept they are criticising, English born English people who work for it and when they say sovereignty they will be asking the very same people to do the same job

Tsk

moston

" Let us be clear

Boris is ONLY stronger due to the shallow analysis and simplistic trite platitudes that sadly a majority of UK voters seem to hold

Boris is a simplistic buffoon and the future eu see us as a country who prefer a Boris

All I can say is

"

I do not like Boris, I do not like his politics, I do not like his attitude. But I would never call him a buffoon, because he is not. He is a highly intelligent and sophisticated political operator who has a supremely polished public persona of a buffoon that he plays with perfect timing and an erudite ease that continually has people laughing at his comical act rather than critically examining what this confidence trickster is actually doing.

ashby de la zouch

" Let us be clear

All I can say is

I do not like Boris, I do not like his politics, I do not like his attitude. But I would never call him a buffoon, because he is not. He is a highly intelligent and sophisticated political operator who has a supremely polished public persona of a buffoon that he plays with perfect timing and an erudite ease that continually has people laughing at his comical act rather than critically examining what this confidence trickster is actually doing."

Sadly this is a reflection of just how poor most politicians have been perceived to perform

What he has done is simple school boy stuff , really not that calculating or devious . Ok he isn't a total clown but he is no great mind either he is able to ride a wave of popularity just like many fool did at school

Confidence tricxter , hmmm no playing to an audience who want to hear stupid stuff is not really as sophisticated as a quality confidence trixer and I don't think there is any hiding me his actual motive with is kiss UK xenophobic simplistic tribal ass x

The Tories are fucking this up....to me this speech will only highlight that there fucking it up.

As time goes on people will realise more and more what a bad thought it was to leave the EU....

The plans backfired on first of all...CamMorron for calling this referendum to rid himself of UKIP and secondly of May to strengthen her position within the Tory party.

Both did this to further there own political careers they put themselves and the Tories BEFORE any person in this country

None commenting on a possibility of giving 20 billion away...

The will of the people my arse.

"None commenting on a possibility of giving 20 billion away...

The will of the people my arse. "

Giving?

Cambridge

Brexit means brexit.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

May should be saying to the EU, Give us that trade deal or you can shove any divorce bill up your ass!

Major German companies including Siemens and,BMW are allegedly calling on the EU negotiating team to back down.

Britain is Germany's 3rd largest market after USA and France . . so they ain't gonna want us to just walk away without a two way trade deal.

Call Europe's bluff, start trade deal talks immediately or forget any further payments to the EU coffers.

moston

I made no comment because there is no comment to make. The EU said 60 billion the Tories said nothing the EU said OK 100 billion the tories said lets talk the EU said the bill is 60 billion, the word is the tories will now say 10 billion a year for the period of transition. I predict the EU will say 100 billion and your out on 29/3/19 no transition. The question is how much o the 12 months of negotiating time remaining will the tories waste attempting to win an unwinnable battle?

moston

"May should be saying to the EU, Give us that trade deal or you can shove any divorce bill up your ass!

Major German companies including Siemens and,BMW are allegedly calling on the EU negotiating team to back down.

Britain is Germany's 3rd largest market after USA and France . . so they ain't gonna want us to just walk away without a two way trade deal.

Call Europe's bluff, start trade deal talks immediately or forget any further payments to the EU coffers.

"

You really don't get it...

It is the EU that is calling our bluff. If there is no deal the London financial markets that provide some 70 odd% of our GDP get flushed down the pan along with the rest of our EU driven economy overnight. Of course add to that the fact that we import some 60% of our food needs and 70% of that comes from the EU I don't think we we can survive more than a week or two without the goodwill of our European neighbours. FFS if we really push it we don't even have a merchant fleet to transport food to the UK without the cooperation of EU roro ports and ferry companies to transport food into our small ferry terminals.

"May should be saying to the EU, Give us that trade deal or you can shove any divorce bill up your ass!

"

You obviously havnt seen the interviews from the Frankfurt motor show...and what the heads of the companies you mentioned are saying....you my friend as are a lot more are in for a big shock

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"What do you think the PM will say in Florence?

But what do you think she will say? "

Have you thought of taking up comedy very funny

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

oh the Doom and Gloom crowd are never far away. . . fuck the EU

"oh the Doom and Gloom crowd are never far away. . . fuck the EU"

Nor do the idiots.... no wonder we are in a mess

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"Well it was reported in the media today that she has only just told the cabinet the contents of the speech. Hardly primus inter pares.

Boris depth charged May, I just wonder if he was primed through back channels by someone in the EU? I can't see how May can come out of this anything but more damaged and Boris stronger.

Let us be clear

All I can say is

And why do I say future EU

Because at the moment we are part of the eu , we are part of its accounting , it's book keeping its decision making the critics of the eu just can't grasp that the very bureaucratic nature of the eu is a reflection of the bureaucratic way the UK works

When some say against the eu they need to accept they are criticising, English born English people who work for it and when they say sovereignty they will be asking the very same people to do the same job

Tsk

"

this

"oh the Doom and Gloom crowd are never far away. . . fuck the EU"

It should worry people that the stock answer to any of the uncomfortable question on how brexit is going to work is met with what is essentially accusations of disloyalty.

Hopefully she will say, EU go fuck yourself, your not getting one dam penny from the UK, and then the middle finger.

She'll say we need 2 years more transition and we will continue paying into the EU pot and you can have 30 Billion for your divorce bill when we leave.

This will spark civil war in the tory party and as the tory brexiters are now seen as zealots by the moderates in the cabinet.

Their will be blood.All of it tory.

Brexit lite here we come.Almost in but not in the EU.

By *issing in actionWoman  over a year ago

Llanelli

"

"

...with no border control because of Ireland

"

...with no border control because of Ireland "

If that happens expect to see farage on tv within hours frothing at the mouth calling ukippers onto the streets.

Llanelli

"

...with no border control because of Ireland

If that happens expect to see farage on tv within hours frothing at the mouth calling ukippers onto the streets. "

Then there'll have to be a hard border between Northern Ireland and mainland UK

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

She has one eye on her own survival and the other on appeasing the EU to some extent.

I think it will be a continuing mission to show 'strong and steady' but to have opportunities for a softer brexit - including remaining in the trading block, without power.

It will be a little desperate as it's clear that the UK does not call the shots. She's trying to appease her hardliners, the EU, realists who know hard brexit is catastrophe, the diminished number of people who will vote for her and others.

She's got that pesky Boris after her job, so is running scared too.

I don't think there will be that much detail

"Hopefully she will say, EU go fuck yourself, your not getting one dam penny from the UK, and then the middle finger. "

I enjoy watching people hurt themselves through they're own stupidity too.

But I'm more of a traditionalist - guys tazing themselves because they think it won't hurt sort of thing.

Anyone think she looks desperate ?

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

[Removed by poster at 22/09/17 15:01:04]

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i don't think the hard line brexiteers are going to like this....

yumsville

Did you just hear the warning shot / slight dig? We are offering or have all this to offer - accept or realise that come 2019 you will not be able to change or affect legislation you are negotiating due to us leaving? It is reason for the transition period afterwards too but that was smoothly done.

"i don't think the hard line brexiteers are going to like this.... "

Not the kind of brexit there wanting right

Shes going to pay the divorce bill..

"Did you just hear the warning shot / slight dig? We are offering or have all this to offer - accept or realise that come 2019 you will not be able to change or affect legislation you are negotiating due to us leaving? It is reason for the transition period afterwards too but that was smoothly done. "

threats never go down well with anyone

"Shes going to pay the divorce bill.. "

Thought we didnt owe anything according to a few on here

"Shes going to pay the divorce bill..

Thought we didnt owe anything according to a few on here "

She just stated we do.We are going to honour our commitments .

yumsville

"Did you just hear the warning shot / slight dig? We are offering or have all this to offer - accept or realise that come 2019 you will not be able to change or affect legislation you are negotiating due to us leaving? It is reason for the transition period afterwards too but that was smoothly done.

threats never go down well with anyone "

It wasn't a threat it was a statement. They are in negotiation. The more time wasted the quicker 2019 is approaching where both sides - particularly the EU will not be able to change or sign up to proposed bills. It was a curt observation.

Newcastle and Gateshead

so the mantra of the "no deal is better than a bad deal" is basically dead.....

also transitions period under EU laws and jurisdictions....

"Did you just hear the warning shot / slight dig? We are offering or have all this to offer - accept or realise that come 2019 you will not be able to change or affect legislation you are negotiating due to us leaving? It is reason for the transition period afterwards too but that was smoothly done.

It wasn't a threat it was a statement. They are in negotiation. The more time wasted the quicker 2019 is approaching where both sides - particularly the EU will not be able to change or sign up to proposed bills. It was a curt observation."

A warning shot is a threat...veiled or not....you picked up on it so will they

Daily Fail arnt happy

"i don't think the hard line brexiteers are going to like this.... "

wake up, we are all brexiteers, yourself included.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Daily Fail arnt happy "

you noticed that as well..... I thought "they needed us more than we needed them so go tell johnny foreigner to do one!!!!"

"i don't think the hard line brexiteers are going to like this....

wake up, we are all brexiteers, yourself included."

You maybe im not...

yumsville

It wasn't a threat it was a statement. They are in negotiation. The more time wasted the quicker 2019 is approaching where both sides - particularly the EU will not be able to change or sign up to proposed bills. It was a curt observation.

A warning shot is a threat...veiled or not....you picked up on it so will they "

She was saying - they have been affecting our laws, we are in partnership with crime organisations, The EU will not be able to change any legislation after 2019 unless it is signed up to before, so lets start agreeing, which stands to reason.

Newcastle and Gateshead

the key words in that statement were "hard lined"..... but thanks for playing...

A warning shot is a threat...veiled or not....you picked up on it so will they

She was saying - they have been affecting our laws, we are in partnership with crime organisations, The EU will not be able to change any legislation after 2019 unless it is signed up to before, so lets start agreeing, which stands to reason."

And the 2 years transition period after which we will hsave no say in....but threats never go down well and im sure there security is as good as ours

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Only if you define 'brexiteers' as 'British', which is entirely pointless.

When the Tories won the last election, did everyone become Tories? Or do people retain their individual opinions and wants, even after a democratic vote?

Farage isnt a happy bunny hehe

wake up, we are all brexiteers, yourself included.

Only if you define 'brexiteers' as 'British', which is entirely pointless.

When the Tories won the last election, did everyone become Tories? Or do people retain their individual opinions and wants, even after a democratic vote? "

Exactly they still dont get it..

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Farage isnt a happy bunny hehe "

noticed that as well.... i am loving this!!!

couple of things....

1) basically she has said there was no real need to envoke A50 till 19 if we are going to be in till 2021....

basically its norway from 19 till 21.... and then what?

2) since she has said we can't agree any trade deals whilst the transistion period is in place, why on earth does liam fox have a job! and basically what is david davies doing!!!!

Llanelli

How can we all be brexiteers when we don't even know what brexit is?

"Farage isnt a happy bunny hehe

couple of things....

1) basically she has said there was no real need to envoke A50 till 19 if we are going to be in till 2021....

2) since she has said we can't agree any trade deals whilst the transistion period is in place, why on earth does liam fox have a job! and basically what is david davies doing!!!!"

There both fucking it up thats what there doing.....having hardline brexiters on a negotiating team was never a good idea....i think may is realising that but her being in such a weak position she cant do anything about it

"Farage isnt a happy bunny hehe "
Hes furious. Its brilliant. . I really feel for all those cats getting kicked in kippers houses. .

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Farage isnt a happy bunny hehe Hes furious. Its brilliant. . I really feel for all those cats getting kicked in kippers houses. . "

My goodness what's centaur going to do his mate farage is seething

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Farage isnt a happy bunny hehe Hes furious. Its brilliant. . I really feel for all those cats getting kicked in kippers houses. .

My goodness what's centaur going to do his mate farage is seething "

Centaur will say its all the fault of ....... (insert name of EU official here) or Gina Miller..

and that we are leaving in 2019 and we won last year..

then he will put his head back in the sand and pretend its all ok..

and all will be well..

"Farage isnt a happy bunny hehe Hes furious. Its brilliant. . I really feel for all those cats getting kicked in kippers houses. .

My goodness what's centaur going to do his mate farage is seething "

Have you not noticed something...... you've never seen Centaur and Farage in the same room......just saying!

DOH!!

"DOH!!"

Haha

"... and basically what is david davies doing!!!!"

carrying his cross to calvary hill?

A good percentage of old brexiters wont make it to see 2022.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Cheers bob ffs I'll shoot meself now then lol

"Cheers bob ffs I'll shoot meself now then lol"
Ha ha .You'll see it unless you've lied on your profile about your age..

Unfortunately youll have to listen to remainers moaning for 5 more years..

By *inkyHnSCouple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Still plenty of time for people to get on aboard with Scottish independence and get the fuck away from the mess lol

Cambridge

couple of things....

2) since she has said we can't agree any trade deals whilst the transistion period is in place, why on earth does liam fox have a job! and basically what is david davies doing!!!!"

And she said we cant legally arrange a trade deal with even the EU until AFTER we have left!

couple of things....

"

Hard brexit.

May is ideologically committed to this hard brexit idea, you know, the one that wasn't an option on the ballot of this most sacrosanct of referenda...

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Fuck that I'll load me gun now can't cope iv got 3kids who don't bitch like you lot do lol

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 22/09/17 17:30:35]

The Council of Elrond

I see the pound drops again with the PM speech

Gotta wonder what England see in the Tories to keep electing them into government learn from Scotland and Wales to give the Tories the cold shoulder

"I see the pound drops again with the PM speech

Gotta wonder what England see in the Tories to keep electing them into government learn from Scotland and Wales to give the Tories the cold shoulder"

The markets want a firm commitment to a soft Brexit and future access to the single market.

The Council of Elrond

"I see the pound drops again with the PM speech

Gotta wonder what England see in the Tories to keep electing them into government learn from Scotland and Wales to give the Tories the cold shoulder

The markets want a firm commitment to a soft Brexit and future access to the single market."

Sounds like it

But the problem will still be after this 2021 the UK will leave the single market wont be good for Scotland as we voted to remain and want full membership of the single market

Oh wait a fucking mess brexit it turning out to be

Cambridge

So what was this redline about the ECJ? Seems like that has gone out the window!

"So what was this redline about the ECJ? Seems like that has gone out the window! "

Dont mention the Red LIne ....Homer will be frothing at the mouth

ashby de la zouch

And the advantages of this new fudge as compared with being an ACTIVE member are ?

Cambridge

"And the advantages of this new fudge as compared with being an ACTIVE member are ?

"

Well, ...erm, you see, the ummm, well the main advantage is..... that errrr, well it's the will of the people. So.... err..... they will be very happy.

Cambridge

Is it just me, or was the speech nothing more than May asking the EU for an extension?

Has this finally burst the bubble that the UK is in charge?

Is it me or does she now want to pass the baton of Brexit to the next government?

The Council of Elrond

"Is it just me, or was the speech nothing more than May asking the EU for an extension?

Has this finally burst the bubble that the UK is in charge? "

This is where i will agree with you

What was the point in triggering article 50 if the Tories knew they weren't ready

UK is a laughing stock while i say UK but Scotland have put forward amendments and has a backup plan to get the hell away from the mess if need be lol

The Council of Elrond

They other thing i thought was funny as hell is her wee "We can do much better than this" thereby insulting all other country's trade deals with EU

Take Norway that are making Billions in profit and yet here is the UK that is in trillions of debt because of this Tory government that is borrowing more and adding to the UK debt and cant meet one single target yet somehow England trusts the Tories to run the UK you're having a laugh!!

Time to wake up to see the Tories do not give a fuck about you

Llanelli

"Is it me or does she now want to pass the baton of Brexit to the next government?"

Yes! She plans to stand down as leader just after the first 2 deadline expires, so Brexit will now become someone else's noose

By *robertsCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I'm finally done with politics !

A referendum that has meant nothing

It's a complete an utter insult to the majority who voted for change .

The EU must be rubbing their greedy hands together tonight.

This is Serious now !!!

I voted Out and I knew what I wanted as did thousands !!!

And this isn't it !!!

"So what was this redline about the ECJ? Seems like that has gone out the window!

Dont mention the Red LIne ....Homer will be frothing at the mouth "

Doh!

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!! "

Doh!!

"I'm finally done with politics !

The EU must be rubbing their greedy hands together tonight. "

Doh!!

Greedy Hands ? explain how you come to that conclusion please

Cambridge

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!! "

Brexit mean brexit Mr Suit!

Well you cant please all the people all the time.

On the positive note the other half of the country is laughing.

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!! "

You voted to leave.

You did not vote on the manner in which the UK would leave.

The Council of Elrond

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!!

Brexit mean brexit Mr Suit!"

Did it not mean a Red White and Blue Brexit? lol

I cant keep with Theresa May's useless slogans and u-turns that that many of them

Why people thought she was strong and stable i will never know lol

Cambridge

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!!

Brexit mean brexit Mr Suit!

Did it not mean a Red White and Blue Brexit? lol

I cant keep with Theresa May's useless slogans and u-turns that that many of them

Why people thought she was strong and stable i will never know lol

"

Yeah, red white and blue brexit. I mean it is just crystal clear what that means.

The Council of Elrond

I suppose there is something Theresa May has managed to unite the UK in saying she is fucking useless lol

Twitter has been some laugh the night watching leave voters get pissed off lol

moston

"May is ideologically committed to this hard brexit idea, you know, the one that wasn't an option on the ballot of this most sacrosanct of referenda..."

Excuse me for contradicting you, but...

NO! She is NOT and never has been!

Her ideology is about one thing and one thing only sizing as much power as possible and holding on to it for as long as she can. When in the home office she introduced what is in reality a Stalinist system where secret police can take any information from anywhere about anyone and use it in a secret court where the accused has no right to appear, no right to legal representation, no right to see the evidence against them and no right to cross-examine witnesses or call witnesses on their behalf. She also introduced the NCA which is under direct day to day political control of the Home Secretary who decides what cases it investigates and is now taking over all cases previously dealt with by the SFO which is being disbanded as it was independent. At the same time as she was doing that she said it was her intention to withdraw the UK from the ECHR and the European Court of Human Rights. She is now using brexit to achieve that.

The reality is the puritan vicars daughter is an authoritarian, Hitlerite or Stalinist, take your pick that were both the same.

By the way all, it is my opinion that the 2 year extension is not so she can pass the hot potato on, it is so that she can gerrymander her way into another term in office by which time she intends to have given herself an indefinite extension on her Henry VIII clause and we will have our first dictator since Cromwell (another puritan).

upton wirral

"May is ideologically committed to this hard brexit idea, you know, the one that wasn't an option on the ballot of this most sacrosanct of referenda...

Her ideology is about one thing and one thing only sizing as much power as possible and holding on to it for as long as she can. When in the home office she introduced what is in reality a Stalinist system where secret police can take any information from anywhere about anyone and use it in a secret court where the accused has no right to appear, no right to legal representation, no right to see the evidence against them and no right to cross-examine witnesses or call witnesses on their behalf. She also introduced the NCA which is under direct day to day political control of the Home Secretary who decides what cases it investigates and is now taking over all cases previously dealt with by the SFO which is being disbanded as it was independent. At the same time as she was doing that she said it was her intention to withdraw the UK from the ECHR and the European Court of Human Rights. She is now using brexit to achieve that.

The reality is the puritan vicars daughter is an authoritarian, Hitlerite or Stalinist, take your pick that were both the same.

By the way all, it is my opinion that the 2 year extension is not so she can pass the hot potato on, it is so that she can gerrymander her way into another term in office by which time she intends to have given herself an indefinite extension on her Henry VIII clause and we will have our first dictator since Cromwell (another puritan)."

This hole thread is so funny I cannot stop laughing,this is the joke thread I think.Where do people get these theories from?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!! "

hmmmm.... now if only there were people out there who suggested having a 2nd vote on any leave conditions... that would have made the peoples voices known....

irony being... weren't people who wanted to "leave" so adamantly against such a proposal?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"May is ideologically committed to this hard brexit idea, you know, the one that wasn't an option on the ballot of this most sacrosanct of referenda...

By the way all, it is my opinion that the 2 year extension is not so she can pass the hot potato on, it is so that she can gerrymander her way into another term in office by which time she intends to have given herself an indefinite extension on her Henry VIII clause and we will have our first dictator since Cromwell (another puritan).This hole thread is so funny I cannot stop laughing,this is the joke thread I think.Where do people get these theories from?"

The political history of Europe?

It's hardly a contradiction - if you're right as to her motives, then a "hard brexit" is the perfect fit.

Frankly, I think her dedication to this most awful of ideas is simple stubbornness. Anything other than a hard brexit would be admitting she was wrong to angle for it in the first place.

upton wirral

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!!

hmmmm.... now if only there were people out there who suggested having a 2nd vote on any leave conditions... that would have made the peoples voices known....

irony being... weren't people who wanted to "leave" so adamantly against such a proposal?"

What did you expect at this early stage it is a typical negotiation and when we voted to leave we knew the government would be doing it and we have to trust it was allways going to be this way.

The Council of Elrond

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!!

irony being... weren't people who wanted to "leave" so adamantly against such a proposal?"

Erm think you will find the Scottish people and our government were saying this very thing long ago about the Scottish people have their own say on a final brexit deal on if we the Scottish people agree to brexit or prefer to get break the UK up and have Scottish independence hehe

I get your point though about leave voters moaning but just pointing out Scotland will be able to decide if we agree or not to brexit as our government have a strong mandate

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!!

irony being... weren't people who wanted to "leave" so adamantly against such a proposal?What did you expect at this early stage it is a typical negotiation and when we voted to leave we knew the government would be doing it and we have to trust it was allways going to be this way."

Early Stage ? haha

in Lancashire

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!!

irony being... weren't people who wanted to "leave" so adamantly against such a proposal?What did you expect at this early stage it is a typical negotiation and when we voted to leave we knew the government would be doing it and we have to trust it was allways going to be this way."

you must therefore be full of confidence knowing that is the case since the vote..?

or are you puzzled why its taken the PM this long to conclude the same..

Thus far its been like the Captain of the ship has ignored the alarm calls of the ice berg ahead, and now as we are nigh on too late to avoid a collision is stepping up and saying hard a port..

The Council of Elrond

Just think all the leave voters that are now pissed off saying this is not what you voted for erm well you had you chance to say to the government not to trigger article 50 and come up with real plans

Remember this was a non binding referendum and could have been stopped at any time if you didn't like what the government were telling you Brexit was going to mean 2 years + another 2 years before you get what you want oh well you cant say you were not warned how piss poor the Tories are at meeting targets and helping people out

That was my other theory Will. She can secure another term and then choose what she wants. But she is not helping herself against the other parties. Although the media may help her out.

moston

"This hole thread is so funny I cannot stop laughing,this is the joke thread I think.Where do people get these theories from?"

_mmablu, if you want to laugh at my opinion at the end that is fine. There is a way to do that, edit my post and have a go at my opinion. But you laughed at my whole post which I will point out was mainly checkable fact and in doing that you expose yourself as a crass idiot because only a crass idiot would laugh at a post that points out how their most basic right to an open trial, legal representation and judgement by their peers has been stripped from them, while at the same time a politician has removed the power for judges to oversee the covert interception of communications and transferred that to a politician.

I believe that many Germans laughed in 1933 when similar warnings were voiced about Hitler. But hey what can we learn from history? Were British!

"This hole thread is so funny I cannot stop laughing,this is the joke thread I think.Where do people get these theories from?

_mmablu, if you want to laugh at my opinion at the end that is fine. There is a way to do that, edit my post and have a go at my opinion. But you laughed at my whole post which I will point out was mainly checkable fact and in doing that you expose yourself as a crass idiot because only a crass idiot would laugh at a post that points out how their most basic right to an open trial, legal representation and judgement by their peers has been stripped from them, while at the same time a politician has removed the power for judges to oversee the covert interception of communications and transferred that to a politician.

I believe that many Germans laughed in 1933 when similar warnings were voiced about Hitler. But hey what can we learn from history? Were British! "

There is recent requests from may pushing to get more information from technology companies. This is crossing the ethics line although her history shows she has none.

The Council of Elrond

U.K. credit rating cut to Aa2 by Moody's

Dear Scotland, Are your citizens still feeling Better Together in this wonky and wobbly Union? Lol

Anyone still wondering why people in Scotland want to leave the sinking ship that is the UK ?

moston

DEFRA (Gove's department) refuse to release the findings of a study they commissioned into how brexit will affect food prices on the run up to leaving the EU and the first 5 years outside the EU.

Because:

There is a strong public interest in the figures not being released...

So it is not in our interests to know what the food ministry thinks will happen to food prices because of brexit! How bad can it be?

Lets see if I can guess at one likely outcome. As 40 to 60% of our food from overseas (mainly the EU) and the £ crashing due to brexit causing hyperinflation of food prices in particular leading to mass starvation, food riots, martial law and government by decree...

Yep I could see how the Tories would not think it in our interest to know that is what they are planning for while keeping the brexit peddle to the mettle.

But to claim public interest, that sticks in my craw. How do others feel about this?

"DEFRA (Gove's department) refuse to release the findings of a study they commissioned into how brexit will affect food prices on the run up to leaving the EU and the first 5 years outside the EU.

Because:

There is a strong public interest in the figures not being released...

So it is not in our interests to know what the food ministry thinks will happen to food prices because of brexit! How bad can it be?

Lets see if I can guess at one likely outcome. As 40 to 60% of our food from overseas (mainly the EU) and the £ crashing due to brexit causing hyperinflation of food prices in particular leading to mass starvation, food riots, martial law and government by decree...

Yep I could see how the Tories would not think it in our interest to know that is what they are planning for while keeping the brexit peddle to the mettle.

But to claim public interest, that sticks in my craw. How do others feel about this?"

They will say but Brexit means Brexit

The Council of Elrond

Am wondering if any pro Brexit leave voter can help me solve this lil question

If Tories are saying they don't want a hard border with N.Ireland and the Rep of Ireland then how on the earth you going to stop people in the EU travelling into Dublin going through the border into N.Ireland and jump on the ferry into the UK ?

We keep hearing you want your country back which country would that be? The UK ain't a country there are 4 countries in the UK union. So if immigration is the biggest problem for leave voters how is it you plan to stop EU citizens jumping on the ferry from N.Ireland? Really going to say you want a hard border and going back to the days before the peace process? I sure as hell don't want it to ever go back to those days

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!!

You voted to leave.

You did not vote on the manner in which the UK would leave."

But I did !

I voted to leave as I thought it meant just that !

Bye Bye see you

"This is Serious now !!!

And this isn't it !!!

I do agree the original referendum should have been worded better , but I don't think they bothered as they were certain we would vote to stay !

moston

"Am wondering if any pro Brexit leave voter can help me solve this lil question

If Tories are saying they don't want a hard border with N.Ireland and the Rep of Ireland then how on the earth you going to stop people in the EU travelling into Dublin going through the border into N.Ireland and jump on the ferry into the UK ?

We keep hearing you want your country back which country would that be? The UK ain't a country there are 4 countries in the UK union. So if immigration is the biggest problem for leave voters how is it you plan to stop EU citizens jumping on the ferry from N.Ireland? Really going to say you want a hard border and going back to the days before the peace process? I sure as hell don't want it to ever go back to those days"

By putting the hard border between NI and the mainland...

We keep hearing you want your country back which country would that be? The UK ain't a country there are 4 countries in the UK union. So if immigration is the biggest problem for leave voters how is it you plan to stop EU citizens jumping on the ferry from N.Ireland? Really going to say you want a hard border and going back to the days before the peace process? I sure as hell don't want it to ever go back to those days"

They would not have a permit work here so would not have a means of support so what would be the point in entering the UK? Unless it's for holiday or to visit freinds and family.

Right ! I've resisted this for a while now as I brought it up s lot in the past !!!

Let's sort this now once and for all !!!

All 4 countries have a vote on independence !!!

Personally i cant see a no border working it defeats the object....otherwise there wouldn't be a boarder between Gibraltar and Spain...the EU would never allow it and TBH we shouldn't either.

So much for these brexiters wanting to take back control of our borders

couple of things....

Hard brexit.

May is ideologically committed to this hard brexit idea, you know, the one that wasn't an option on the ballot of this most sacrosanct of referenda..."

How do you reckon she is "ideologically " committed to hard brexit. She campaigned heavily forcremain during the referendum. Like many I think she is a reluctant brexiter.... and sneakily trying to slow it down sufficiently for it to fall apart... only need to look at what's happened so far!

Cambridge

couple of things....

Hard brexit.

May is ideologically committed to this hard brexit idea, you know, the one that wasn't an option on the ballot of this most sacrosanct of referenda...

How do you reckon she is "ideologically " committed to hard brexit. She campaigned heavily forcremain during the referendum. Like many I think she is a reluctant brexiter.... and sneakily trying to slow it down sufficiently for it to fall apart... only need to look at what's happened so far!"

I agree, she is not ideologically driven to brexit, but now she is in charge she will ruthlessly pursue it. You can blame her for how things are going, but what about Fox and Davis? They really believe in it and are doing terribly.

I Don't think May wants to leave !

Cameron Resigned saying a Brexit supporter should lead and we Got May who voted Stay !

Its a Mess

ashby de la zouch

"I Don't think May wants to leave !

Cameron Resigned saying a Brexit supporter should lead and we Got May who voted Stay !

Its a Mess "

And when you voted out you genuinely could not predict a total shambles occurring?

When you voted out you must have known that for at least a decade there would be a confused mess and you must have understood that the farage dream of simple just leave and set up new better deals without any negative baggage was never would never and dare I say could never happen

If the UK decided to leave it was ALWAYS going to be beyond messy and slow to progress

All leavers with a grain of brain did know this

Most said this stupid messy period would be worth the pain. But pretending this fudge isn't what they voted for is just dishonest x

Its a Mess

And when you voted out you genuinely could not predict a total shambles occurring?

When you voted out you must have known that for at least a decade there would be a confused mess and you must have understood that the farage dream of simple just leave and set up new better deals without any negative baggage was never would never and dare I say could never happen

If the UK decided to leave it was ALWAYS going to be beyond messy and slow to progress

Most said this stupid messy period would be worth the pain. But pretending this fudge isn't what they voted for is just dishonest x"

I won't lie !

No I didn't !

I thought we would just leave and other Country's would come crawling to us !

Yes nieve !

But I genunily thought that's what would happen

in Lancashire

"

Yes nieve !

But I genunily thought that's what would happen "

Fair play for being honest on what you thought..

would you if the vote was to be held tomorrow with what you have seen thus far still vote the same?

ashby de la zouch

Its a Mess

Most said this stupid messy period would be worth the pain. But pretending this fudge isn't what they voted for is just dishonest x I won't lie !

No I didn't !

Yes nieve !

Then your processing power of the facts before you are exceptionally poor

There was no doubt , non what so ever that chaos and disagreement would be the main flavour for years

Daily we are told those who voted exist , have good reasoning powers and knowledge and are quite happy for the UK to fall off the cliff for a while so it can have so called sovereignty

in Lancashire

Thing is without turning it into a personal attack on Mr Suit, that some people in our process do not avail themselves of what information is available and vote one way or another has been how some have approached politics etc in this country for decades..

how many first time voters have asked their parents which way to vote or have voted one way because that's how 'they' living in that profession, town etc even 'class' have always voted..

ashby de la zouch

"Thing is without turning it into a personal attack on Mr Suit, that some people in our process do not avail themselves of what information is available and vote one way or another has been how some have approached politics etc in this country for decades..

how many first time voters have asked their parents which way to vote or have voted one way because that's how 'they' living in that profession, town etc even 'class' have always voted..

"

Mr suit is 50

Decades of politics has occurred. One could only KNOW there would be disarray with such a vast undertaking as separating from an economic and political union

Certainly nothing personal

Cambridge

Its a Mess

Most said this stupid messy period would be worth the pain. But pretending this fudge isn't what they voted for is just dishonest x I won't lie !

No I didn't !

Yes nieve !

I think a lot of people thought that too Mr Suit. It was certainly repeated often enough on this forum.

"

Yes nieve !

would you if the vote was to be held tomorrow with what you have seen thus far still vote the same? "

Fair question , I still want us to leave so yes I think I would but I think our credibility is shattered now so it will be a Struggle .

We should have left instantly , but as soon as we shrilly shallied it was seen as weakness and uncertainty

Its a Mess

No I didn't !

Yes nieve !

There was no doubt , non what so ever that chaos and disagreement would be the main flavour for years

Daily we are told those who voted exist , have good reasoning powers and knowledge and are quite happy for the UK to fall off the cliff for a while so it can have so called sovereignty

"

I don't pretend to be right all the time or an expert , but try to say what I think rightly or wrongly .

Its a Mess

No I didn't !

Yes nieve !

I don't pretend to be right all the time or an expert , but try to say what I think rightly or wrongly ."

Do and say what feels right.Theyll be enough time for silence in the grave.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Its a Mess

No I didn't !

Yes nieve !

and thank you for being the one leave supporter i genuinely respect for being honest......

can you please pass on the message to the "well they need us way more than we need them so they will bow to our demands" crowd, because there seem to be some that haven't quite seen the light yet...

probably because they are still being encouraged from the people at the top who should know better! (you know... mr "go whistle on any payments"!)

they tell something to their base one day really loudly... and then do the crawl back really quietly!

in Lancashire

"Thing is without turning it into a personal attack on Mr Suit, that some people in our process do not avail themselves of what information is available and vote one way or another has been how some have approached politics etc in this country for decades..

Mr suit is 50

Decades of politics has occurred. One could only KNOW there would be disarray with such a vast undertaking as separating from an economic and political union

Certainly nothing personal "

Agree totally with what was both predicted and is turning out to be the case in relation to how much uncertainty and how big a task it will be..

my broader point is that its the way our politics is and has been for a long time that some people will base their choices on very little information, whether that be apathy, ignorance or other reasons..

in Lancashire

"

Yes nieve !

would you if the vote was to be held tomorrow with what you have seen thus far still vote the same? Fair question , I still want us to leave so yes I think I would but I think our credibility is shattered now so it will be a Struggle .

We should have left instantly , but as soon as we shrilly shallied it was seen as weakness and uncertainty "

we can not just leave instantly, no more than we can say fuck off EU to our previously agreed financial commitments or to rip up what we have formerly agreed to..

we would just look stupid and no one would be rushing into any trade agreement on the basis of that..

Its a Mess

No I didn't !

Yes nieve !

I don't pretend to be right all the time or an expert , but try to say what I think rightly or wrongly . Do and say what feels right.Theyll be enough time for silence in the grave. "

Cheers Bob up the Lefty Righty Party

Its a Mess

No I didn't !

Yes nieve !

I don't pretend to be right all the time or an expert , but try to say what I think rightly or wrongly . Do and say what feels right.Theyll be enough time for silence in the grave. Cheers Bob up the Lefty Righty Party "

+1

» Add a new message to this topic