FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > frigates part 2

frigates part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

This is to swinginggent

The Clyde workers and unions have called it a ''betrayal'' Not my word but all the workers on the Clyde

They were promised that 13 type 26 frigates would be build on the Clyde

Then after the no vote it changed to only 8 type 26 frigates now you can see why they are really pissed off with this

So only 3 type 26 frigates have been signed and 5 on hold that 8 in total way way off the mark of the 13 type 26 frigates that were promised if Scotland voted no

I dont blame any of the workers on the CLyde for being pissed off and the unions its fucking sick they way the Uk government treat the very people that helped keep the UK together

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

And Kinky comes strait out of her corner for round 2...

Gloves up and leading with a 13/26 jab...

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Followed by an 8/26 uppercut and a 3/26 body blow...

What a flurry!

The Council of Elrond

"And Kinky comes strait out of her corner for round 2...

Gloves up and leading with a 13/26 jab..."

Lol am enjoying debating with people

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Id love to be betrayed with guaranteed work right into the 2030,s!

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

I can't wait for part 2 (well, 3 really)

The Council of Elrond

"Id love to be betrayed with guaranteed work right into the 2030,s!"

Ah right interesting so your taking the side of the Uk government

And think the workers on the Clyde are in the wrong for feeling betrayed by the very people that promised them 13 type 26 frigates

Interesting how you treat fellow no voters eh like shit at the bottom of you shoe

Cambridge

Fuck the Type 26, I wanna know why we haven't got any of these!

https://youtu.be/ycXEgIRWGqs

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As a no voter last time why do I not feel like I am being treated like shite under the governments shoe ??? Because I am a realist !!!!

The Council of Elrond

"Fuck the Type 26, I wanna know why we haven't got any of these!

https://youtu.be/ycXEgIRWGqs"

Oh my now its fuck the type 26 frigates eh

Is that what you tell those Clyde workers that feel betrayed ? So its go fuck your promise of 13 type 26's frigate stuff that promise you will get 3 and like it and then if your good you may get another 5 but see that 13 type 26's we promised fuck that your not getting them

Mind you you are doing a good job to pretty much send those no voters over to the pro indy side and you dont even know it lol

Ayrshire

"Interesting how you treat fellow no voters eh like shit at the bottom of you shoe"

What a ridiculous comment, you really are a nasty piece of work.

My point is at this time, the workers have guaranteed work until the mid 2030’s, if you think that's being betrayed then what about the rest of us that do not have such a comforting reassurance in our jobs?

And I,ll say this again, you want independence for Scotland, the consequences of this would mean that no Royal Navy warships would be built on the Clyde.

Every man and woman working there would be devestated by that decision.

The only shit I see here, is that which you ignorantly post on a regular basis.

But then, independence transcends all!

And that includes the workers at BAE at Scotstoun, you would gladly see them out of work and no ships built if you had your way.

You really are a dishonest and vile human being.

The Council of Elrond

"As a no voter last time why do I not feel like I am being treated like shite under the governments shoe ??? Because I am a realist !!!!"

How do you think the people that work in the Clyde ship yards that voted no to independence feel about how the UK government have treated them ? Do you care ? They feel betrayed again not my works thats the workers words and the unions are they all in the wrong now ?

"As a no voter last time why do I not feel like I am being treated like shite under the governments shoe ??? Because I am a realist !!!!

How do you think the people that work in the Clyde ship yards that voted no to independence feel about how the UK government have treated them ? Do you care ? They feel betrayed again not my works thats the workers words and the unions are they all in the wrong now ?

"

Ok so if Scotland had of voted yes how many warships were the Scottish Navy buying ???

Cambridge

For those interested in military procurement, I would recommend the movie "Pentagon Wars" its available for free on YouTube and documents the development of the Bradley IFV.

The Council of Elrond

I knew the day would be good

So i know there is people on here that think Scottish Labour branch are a threat to the SNP but after watching a youtube vid of Anas Sarwar am preying its him thats gets the branch office job it will be some laugh with him

Anas Sarwar - I fought to keep the UK together, but MORE IMPORTANTLY I fought to keep the UK Labour family together.

So if anyone cant read between the lines wee Sarwar is saying he thinks Labour are more important that keeping the UK together you couldnt make this shit up at how bad the Labour branch in Scotland are

Ayrshire

"As a no voter last time why do I not feel like I am being treated like shite under the governments shoe ??? Because I am a realist !!!!"

A realist sees that the alternative, independence, would see no more Royal Navy warships bring built on the Clyde and would see the full order book and guaranteed work into the 2030,s go up in smoke.

Thank the lord that there were over 2 million other realists in this country in 2014.

The Council of Elrond

"As a no voter last time why do I not feel like I am being treated like shite under the governments shoe ??? Because I am a realist !!!!

Ok so if Scotland had of voted yes how many warships were the Scottish Navy buying ???"

Scotland is not independent deal with the issues happening with Scotland in the UK is that not what unionists keep telling people to move on from independence we are in the UK so lets stick to that eh which the 2nd independence referendum comes then you can address any issue you want but what i see is unionists embarrassed that all the lies from the Better Together is being exposed and you dont like it ah well maybe learn next time dont promise what you cant deliver lol

Ayrshire

"Ok so if Scotland had of voted yes how many warships were the Scottish Navy buying ???"

I suspect you wont get a clear and concise answer to that particular question.

The Council of Elrond

"Ok so if Scotland had of voted yes how many warships were the Scottish Navy buying ???

I suspect you wont get a clear and concise answer to that particular question.

"

Move on from 2014 Scotland is not independent you got the no vote move on and now deal with the issues ok lies from Better Together

You seem fixed on independence

Some of you are starting to sound like Ruth Davidson that couldnt shup up about independence

Oh wait no no my mistake it was the SNP correct even though they never once brought it up in any debates that was the unionist branches

come on move on deal with the issues of Scotland in the UK right now

Ok so if Scotland had of voted yes how many warships were the Scottish Navy buying ???

Scotland is not independent deal with the issues happening with Scotland in the UK is that not what unionists keep telling people to move on from independence we are in the UK so lets stick to that eh which the 2nd independence referendum comes then you can address any issue you want but what i see is unionists embarrassed that all the lies from the Better Together is being exposed and you dont like it ah well maybe learn next time dont promise what you cant deliver lol"

p

But your argument is the government promised the work before Indy ref so it was a betrayal so now you are saying move on

The Council of Elrond

Scotland is not independent deal with the issues happening with Scotland in the UK is that not what unionists keep telling people to move on from independence we are in the UK so lets stick to that eh which the 2nd independence referendum comes then you can address any issue you want but what i see is unionists embarrassed that all the lies from the Better Together is being exposed and you dont like it ah well maybe learn next time dont promise what you cant deliver lolp

But your argument is the government promised the work before Indy ref so it was a betrayal so now you are saying move on "

No am saying move on Scotland is not indpendent

Am saying lets deal with the present and all the lies being exposed from Better Together

The Council of Elrond

Geniune question for people that voted no or believe in the UK union

Do you think Better Together mob have told no lies to the Scottish people ?

Ayrshire

We have an independence supporter criticising the UK government on its naval shipbuilding plans, when asked what's the plans for naval shipbuilding in an independent Scotland?

We get nothing, we are not supposed to ask that question.

Is it because there would be no naval shipbuilding in an independent Scotland?

Lets face it, the alternative would be the end of building warships for the Royal Navy in an independent Scotland, who in their right mind would vote for that?

Only a myopic obsessional nationalist would consider that to be preferable to the current arrangement.

All those men and women that work at Scotstoun would be thrown on the scrapheap if kinky had its way.

Whose treating people like "shit on their shoe" now?

A question to all yes voters

Do you think you were lied to by the yes campaign? ??

For example Nicola stureon and Alex salmond insisting the only place in the UK that can build warships is in govan !!!

Ayrshire

Were yes voters lied to by the yes campaign when told it was "oor pound too"?

Were yes voters lied to by the yes campaign when they told that the price of a barrel of oil would be $110?

Were yes voters lied to when the yes campaign told them that it would "remain constant" at that price?

Were the yes voters lied to when the yes campaign told them that Scotland would have seamless and continous EU membership?

Were the yes voters lied to when the yes campaign told them that start up costs for a new independent country would be £200m?

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Were yes voters lied to by the yes campaign when told it was "oor pound too"?

Were yes voters lied to by the yes campaign when they told that the price of a barrel of oil would be $110?

Were yes voters lied to when the yes campaign told them that it would "remain constant" at that price?

Were the yes voters lied to when the yes campaign told them that Scotland would have seamless and continous EU membership?

Were the yes voters lied to when the yes campaign told them that start up costs for a new independent country would be £200m?

"

Some incredible whoppers from them in there but the last one was so ridiculous that no one could believe it, even Yes supporters couldn't have fallen for it.

To show just how far out it was the SNP spent over £170 million solely on a computer system to work out payments to farmers. And it doesn't work

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Id love to be betrayed with guaranteed work right into the 2030,s!

"

again.... they clyde shipyard has an order book full for the next 20 years!!!!

so if by needing those ships early and clyde can't do it because they have an order book full for the next 20 years, that means that other people get to keep their jobs....

so if my support of the decision to send those jobs to the people of merseyside whilst it costing Clyde zero jobs.... i'll take that...

don't you? you hating on the decision to give other people the security in their jobs that clyde have?

if the jobs had gone to somewhere else in scotland (if there was the capacity) would you still be argueing the point so blindly.... or is it the fact the jobs have gone south?

The Council of Elrond

Wow would you look at that

I asked a genuine question to no voters did any of them think the Better Together mob told no lies ?

Not one answered and instead attacked the yes side but noticed no one that voted no not willing to answer my question

One would think no voters on here don’t want to admit Better Together lies to Scottish voters in fear it looks bad on the uk union lol

How about this name one thing the Better Together mob delivered on their promises for Scotland ?

Oh and no smart arse comments saying they delivered a no vote that’s not what am asking for in case you use that crap lol

glasgow

so if by needing those ships early and clyde can't do it because they have an order book full for the next 20 years, that means that other people get to keep their jobs....

so if my support of the decision to send those jobs to the people of merseyside whilst it costing Clyde zero jobs.... i'll take that...

don't you? you hating on the decision to give other people the security in their jobs that clyde have?

if the jobs had gone to somewhere else in scotland (if there was the capacity) would you still be argueing the point so blindly.... or is it the fact the jobs have gone south?"

To be honest, it's probably just a case of parroting a figure and being told they're supposed to be outraged about it. He doesn't have any knowledge or abilities beyond that, which is why you end up seeing the same posts again and again and an inability to answer any questions or deviate from the 'outrage'

Cambridge

if the jobs had gone to somewhere else in scotland (if there was the capacity) would you still be argueing the point so blindly.... or is it the fact the jobs have gone south?

To be honest, it's probably just a case of parroting a figure and being told they're supposed to be outraged about it. He doesn't have any knowledge or abilities beyond that, which is why you end up seeing the same posts again and again and an inability to answer any questions or deviate from the 'outrage'"

Exactly, they know nothing about ship building, or how many ships are being built, that's why they they keep forgetting the 5 off shore patrol vessels that are also being built on the Clyde for the RN. As that is a topic that blogger thinks he can't whip up some faux outrage about.

So there you go kinky, there are your 5 other ships that you know nothing about!

An interesting little side note for you, which I think also points to your lack of knowledge about the subject at hand, one of the off shore patrol vessels is even called HMS Clyde!

Just one thing to say to kinky,

Are you suprised the tories with their long track record of being manipulative slippery badtards didn't honour their promises?

(the other bring devolving more powers to scotland)

Ayrshire

You haven't seen the Scotland Act 2016, have you?

[Removed by poster at 20/10/17 08:59:33]

"You haven't seen the Scotland Act 2016, have you? "

Naa, not into theatre, waiting for the film

Seriously though that act accordong to the news doesn't contain what or as much as the tories (cameron) said.

"Wow would you look at that

I asked a genuine question to no voters did any of them think the Better Together mob told no lies ?

Not one answered and instead attacked the yes side but noticed no one that voted no not willing to answer my question

One would think no voters on here don’t want to admit Better Together lies to Scottish voters in fear it looks bad on the uk union lol

How about this name one thing the Better Together mob delivered on their promises for Scotland ?

Oh and no smart arse comments saying they delivered a no vote that’s not what am asking for in case you use that crap lol

"

You are asking as a no voter do I feel lied to by better together.

I can't speak for everyone but

my answer is a definite No.

I wanted to be conviced to vote yes so concentrated on what the yes campaign had to say that would convince me to give them my vote.

After a few issues like the pathetic white paper and Alex s almonds lies about the currency and Europe I knew I could not vote yes.

I will keep an open mind if there is Indy ref two.

Both yes and no campaigns spoutted a load of shite !!!!

Better together certainly did have their flaws but when the head of the yes campaign stated that their campaign was not honest or realistic it what they told the public I knew I had made the correct choice at the time.

Please bear in mind Patrick harvie and the greens quickly disassossiated them selves from the yes campaign because they knew the snp were pulling ALL the strings and we're not honest in their campaigning.

So just to re cap

AS a no voter I did not feel lied to by the better together campaign.

Ayrshire

"You haven't seen the Scotland Act 2016, have you?

Seriously though that act accordong to the news doesn't contain what or as much as the tories (cameron) said."

The Scotland Act 2016 was based on the outcome of the Smith commission, made up from politicians from all the parties in Scotland, including the snp.

Cameron had nothing to do with it.

Seriously though that act accordong to the news doesn't contain what or as much as the tories (cameron) said.

The Scotland Act 2016 was based on the outcome of the Smith commission, made up from politicians from all the parties in Scotland, including the snp.

Cameron had nothing to do with it. "

And during the Smith commission when swinny was asked if he wanted power over pensions he bolted !!!

Another giant cost the snp do not want to discuss !!!

Cameron had nothing to do with it. "

He may not have been mentioned in the act but was reported he mentioned more powers devolved to scotland if tjey remained

Cambridge

The OP seems to have abandoned us!

Cambridge

Where did you go OP?

glasgow

"Where did you go OP? "

Primary school?

"And Kinky comes strait out of her corner for round 2...

Gloves up and leading with a 13/26 jab...

Lol am enjoying debating with people

"

But you are not debating....just repeating the same thing ad nauseum....

Simple fact. Clyde hasn't got the capacity or the time to produce that many frigates. Order books are full up to 2030.... the remaining frigates need to be built and at sea by 2026.

How the fcuk could that happen if they were built on the Clyde? Not physically possible.

The deluded Nats arguments all come from the same two or three sources...The same as Trump followers really......

No basis in reality lacking facts and showing an ability to believe in something or someone despite being wrong so often.....I wish i could be guaranteed a job for more than a decade ahead.......Anyone else got that kind of safety net ?

I don't know anything about the frigates being built or what was promised but I have said lots of times that manifestoes should be legally binding so that we actually know what we are voting for and we should have the right to recall.

The Council of Elrond

"I don't know anything about the frigates being built or what was promised but I have said lots of times that manifestoes should be legally binding so that we actually know what we are voting for and we should have the right to recall."

Better Together campagin 2014 which Labour , Tory and Lib Dem's formed

Now Better Together promised Scotland if they voted no to independence then 13 type 26 frigates would be build on the Clyde

Now if you notice something on here quite telling is those people that voted no dont seem to care now about that promise now its changed to there will be work on the Clyde for the next 20 years nothing asbout the 13 type 26 frigates why because they know its a damn well lie and they are doing their best to cover it up

So far 3 type 26 frigates have been signed off to be build on the Clyde and these people think that will take 20 years lol

There is 5 type 26 frigates on hold that only makes 8 where is those missing 5 to make the 13 eh ?

Strange to see no voters not care about get the 13 type 26 frigates that was promised if they voted no

Even that 5 type 31e frigates Fallon said the Clyde would be in pole position to get them what happens those Clyde shipyard workers fucked over again as the type 31e will be build in Liverpool and again no voters dont seem to care

it goes right back to erm your getting work for 20 years and i say do they think 3 ships will take 20 years your having a laugh!

Oh and btw those asking where i was howcome i never commented sooner i do have a life and got out over the weekend and enjoyed having some fun try it something instead of sitting watching a screen itching to see when people comment on here my god claim doon people lol

Cambridge

OP, how many ships have been/are being built for the RN on the Clyde since the Scottish referendum?

[I'll give you a clue, it's more than 12, but less than 14]

The Council of Elrond

"OP, how many ships have been/are being built for the RN on the Clyde since the Scottish referendum?

[I'll give you a clue, it's more than 12, but less than 14]"

3 type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde

5 type 26 are on hold and we dont know if they will ever be build on the Clyde

thats makes 8 do you math lol

5 type 26 frigates are missing to make 13

You dont get it do you the promise was 13 type 26 frigates

Cambridge

"OP, how many ships have been/are being built for the RN on the Clyde since the Scottish referendum?

"

So no other RN ships are being built on the Clyde, is that what you are saying?

"

Well.. You might get em yet. When the other shops are launched, making room on the slips you might get them yet. The tories are shitbags but you might get em.

And ships too, after b&q, homebase shops are launched lol

The Council of Elrond

"

How many more times before you get it

5 type 26 on hold

= 8

Where is the other 5 type 26 frigates that would makes 13 eh ?

The promise 13 type 26 frigates and you know it is prove me wrong eh

the 5 31e are going to Liverpool

Cambridge

5 type 26 on hold

= 8

the 5 31e are going to Liverpool "

So where are the off shore patrol vessels being built?

The Council of Elrond

5 type 26 on hold

= 8

So where are the off shore patrol vessels being built? "

Why are you skipping over the fact 13 type 26 frigates not being build on the Clyde ?

The promise was 13 type 26 frigates i showed you the leafet and last i checked Labour were part of Better Together.

Unless your telling me it doesnt matter what promises were made to Scotland is that what you are saying ?

Cambridge

5 type 26 on hold

= 8

Why are you skipping over the fact 13 type 26 frigates not being build on the Clyde ?

The promise was 13 type 26 frigates i showed you the leafet and last i checked Labour were part of Better Together.

Unless your telling me it doesnt matter what promises were made to Scotland is that what you are saying ?"

The question is how many ships are being built for the RN on the Clyde. So, how many?

The Council of Elrond

5 type 26 on hold

= 8

Unless your telling me it doesnt matter what promises were made to Scotland is that what you are saying ?

The question is how many ships are being built for the RN on the Clyde. So, how many? "

Skipping over it again ok i will leave you unitl you can answer my questions

It comes across like you dont want to admit Scotland was lied to about getting 13 type frigates build on the Clyde

Cambridge

5 type 26 on hold

= 8

The question is how many ships are being built for the RN on the Clyde. So, how many?

It comes across like you dont want to admit Scotland was lied to about getting 13 type frigates build on the Clyde

"

So you are so embarrassed that across 3 threads you have insisted only 8 ships are being built, when in reality 13 are being built! Damn that must be pretty embarrassing for you

The Council of Elrond

5 type 26 on hold

= 8

So you are so embarrassed that across 3 threads you have insisted only 8 ships are being built, when in reality 13 are being built! Damn that must be pretty embarrassing for you "

Ok name all 13 frigates then ? This should be fun

Again name each one that you think is being build on the build on the Clyde

Cambridge

5 type 26 on hold

= 8

So you are so embarrassed that across 3 threads you have insisted only 8 ships are being built, when in reality 13 are being built! Damn that must be pretty embarrassing for you

Again name each one that you think is being build on the build on the Clyde "

1) HMS Forth

2) HMS Medway

3) HMS Tent

4) HMS Tamar

5) HMS Spey

6) HMS Glasgow

7) HMS Belfast

8) HMS Plymouth (unconfirmed

9) As yet unamed

10)As yet unamed

11)As yet unamed

12)As yet unamed

13)As yet unamed

Which of these ships do you think are not being built on the Clyde?

The Council of Elrond

CLCC

How many type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde ?

Cambridge

5 type 26 on hold

= 8

Again name each one that you think is being build on the build on the Clyde

1) HMS Forth

2) HMS Medway

3) HMS Tent

4) HMS Tamar

5) HMS Spey

6) HMS Glasgow

7) HMS Belfast

8) HMS Plymouth (unconfirmed

9) As yet unamed

10)As yet unamed

11)As yet unamed

12)As yet unamed

13)As yet unamed

Which of these ships do you think are not being built on the Clyde? "

Hmm? Can't answer OP? Can't tell us how many RN ships are being built even when they've been named????

The Council of Elrond

CLCC

Cambridge

"CLCC

"

That's been answered multiple times, by multiple people. How are you going to tell us how many RN ships are being built on the Clyde? If you really care about defence jobs on the Clyde, you should be able to answer that. However, if you dont care about the jobs, and only care about lying about what the Better Together campaign said, then I doubt you'll be able to answer.

The Council of Elrond

CLCC

Cambridge

Ok troll, back under the bridge you go.

The Council of Elrond

"Ok troll, back under the bridge you go."

Ah right so ask a question get called a troll

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Ok troll, back under the bridge you go.

How many type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde ? "

The initial order is for 3 ships. An order for another 8 is yet to be negotiated over the coming years.

Incidentally, ship 3 is HMS Trent and not HMS Tent!

The Council of Elrond

The initial order is for 3 ships. An order for another 8 is yet to be negotiated over the coming years.

Incidentally, ship 3 is HMS Trent and not HMS Tent!"

So only 3 type 26 frigates have been sighed to be build on the Clyde thats way , way off the mark of the 13 type 26 frigates promised in 2014

Also you say another 8 is yet to be negotiated? Wrong another 5 is on hold

So right now there is only 3 type 26's signed and maybe another 5 could be build on the Clyde that makes only 8 where is this 13 type 26 frigates 5 are missing

Cambridge

Incidentally, ship 3 is HMS Trent and not HMS Tent!"

Are you sure? It follows in a long line of HMS Tents stretching back to Trafalgar. Nelson had served on the sister ship HMS Hammock.

Grantham

So only 3 type 26 frigates have been sighed to be build on the Clyde thats way , way off the mark of the 13 type 26 frigates promised in 2014

So right now there is only 3 type 26's signed and maybe another 5 could be build on the Clyde that makes only 8 where is this 13 type 26 frigates 5 are missing "

Sorry, that should say 5 not 8.

From your posts, it's quite clear that you have a grievance, and I'm afraid that isn't the same as an argument.

I'm tired of this thread now. You have had the facts, you choose to ignore them or try to fit them to your SNP agenda, and it's not working.

Your rationale is flawed, and I'm not wasting any more time on it.

The Council of Elrond

So just to be clear like i have been saying along..

5 type 26 frigates are on hold

= 8

So there is 5 type 26 frigates missing from the 2014 Better Together promises that 13 type 26 frigates would be build on the Clyde

Tut tut

Oh well thats will be useful when the new independence referendum comes that the unionists parties didnt deliver on the promises from 2014

Cambridge

So right now there is only 3 type 26's signed and maybe another 5 could be build on the Clyde that makes only 8 where is this 13 type 26 frigates 5 are missing

From your posts, it's quite clear that you have a grievance, and I'm afraid that isn't the same as an argument.

I'm tired of this thread now. You have had the facts, you choose to ignore them or try to fit them to your SNP agenda, and it's not working.

Your rationale is flawed, and I'm not wasting any more time on it."

The Council of Elrond

Your rationale is flawed, and I'm not wasting any more time on it.

"

Strange that you like that

So CLCC willing to admit now that 13 type 26 frigates will NOT be build on the Clyde ?

Therefore thats a broken promise from 2014

CLCC 3 + 5 = 8 correct ?

A wee question for the OP

Are you saying the Indy movement failed because of an order for 13 warships ????

Now to repeat myself.

The numbers were cut because the Navy can't afford amymore !!!

In case you did not understand !!!!

The defence budget is almost bankrupt and the Navy are selling other ships to balance the books it happens all the time !!!!

"

How many type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde ? "

Fucking hell you still banging on about this.... I really can't understand people even giving this thread their time anymore

The Council of Elrond

"A wee question for the OP

Are you saying the Indy movement failed because of an order for 13 warships ????

Now to repeat myself.

The defence budget is almost bankrupt and the Navy are selling other ships to balance the books it happens all the time !!!!

"

Shouldnt go promising something you cant deliver eh

So should the lies from Better Together 2014 just be covered up ?

Or should the be highlighted for people to know ?

Now to repeat myself.

"

You may as well talk to the wall tbh...just saying

The Council of Elrond

Now to repeat myself.

You may as well talk to the wall tbh...just saying "

Could say the very same about you lol

What i see going on in here is people are happy to cover lies up and dont care about promises to Scotland thats what i see

Oh well it will be all exposed with the new independence referendum lol

Ayrshire

"

Oh well thats will be useful when the new independence referendum comes that the unionists parties didnt deliver on the promises from 2014 "

And we can compare and contrast to how many Royal Navy warships would be built if independent.

That would be none.

Nil

Zero

Hee Haw

Bugger All

Not One

Zilch

By

Now to repeat myself.

What i see going on in here is people are happy to cover lies up and dont care about promises to Scotland thats what i see

Oh well it will be all exposed with the new independence referendum lol"

The SNP are dead in the water up in Scotland....it wont make any difference if you have 10 referendums....the SNAP are finished as proved in the last election....most Scots arnt that stupid anymore they have seen thought the SNP...next election your one trick party have gone

The Council of Elrond

Now to repeat myself.

The SNP are dead in the water up in Scotland....it wont make any difference if you have 10 referendums....the SNAP are finished as proved in the last election....most Scots arnt that stupid anymore they have seen thought the SNP...next election your one trick party have gone "

You claim the SNP are dead in the water up in Scotland yet have been in government in Scotland since 2007 thats 10 years of people voting for them and even in Westminster they are largest party and have a majority of Scottish seats in Westminste nice try but hard luck lol

LMAO that tells me everything about you that you cant get the difference with a referendum and an election

In a referendum there is NO parties and in an election there is parties

So you calling the people that vote SNP stupid ? Not very smart of you.

You claim people have seen through the the SNP but the people are still electing the SNP yeah ok lmao!!

The SNP have gone where ? They are the government in Scotland fuck sake lol

Also one trick party so by your logic are you now about to tell me since 2007 the Scottish voters only elect the SNP because of independence ? Lmao

Now to repeat myself.

The SNP are dead in the water up in Scotland....it wont make any difference if you have 10 referendums....the SNAP are finished as proved in the last election....most Scots arnt that stupid anymore they have seen thought the SNP...next election your one trick party have gone

You claim the SNP are dead in the water up in Scotland yet have been in government in Scotland since 2007 thats 10 years of people voting for them and even in Westminster they are largest party and have a majority of Scottish seats in Westminste nice try but hard luck lol

LMAO that tells me everything about you that you cant get the difference with a referendum and an election

You claim people have seen through the the SNP but the people are still electing the SNP yeah ok lmao!!

Also one trick party so by your logic are you now about to tell me since 2007 the Scottish voters only elect the SNP because of independence ? Lmao

"

The SNP didnt do that good last election right...what was it down from 53 seats to 35 or so....quite a big drop that....like i said you can have 10 referendums the results will still be the same as the last one....reason being the SNP have been seen though..there bullshit dont work as they have had the chance to prove what they can do in the last 10 years...they have fucked it up

I dont think i called them all dumb just some

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

Circumstances have changed since that manifesto was issued. The capacity to build the extra frigates isn't there and the money to pay for them is shrinking fast.

No government of any colour would attempt to stick to there manifesto in this position. It would be completely irrational. So no the ships aren't being built on the Clyde and no there is no 'lie' to exploited.

The Council of Elrond

Now to repeat myself.

The SNP didnt do that good last election right...what was it down from 53 seats to 35 or so....quite a big drop that....like i said you can have 10 referendums the results will still be the same as the last one....reason being the SNP have been seen though..there bullshit dont work as they have had the chance to prove what they can do in the last 10 years...they have fucked it up

I dont think i called them all dumb just some "

The SNP didnt do well at the last election ? They got 35 out of 59 Scottish seats do your math and you will work out that is still the majority of Scottish seats are going to the SNP LOL

So now its just SNP voters that are dumb in your eyes ?

The Council of Elrond

"Circumstances have changed since that manifesto was issued. The capacity to build the extra frigates isn't there and the money to pay for them is shrinking fast.

No government of any colour would attempt to stick to there manifesto in this position. It would be completely irrational. So no the ships aren't being built on the Clyde and no there is no 'lie' to exploited. "

Oh my look at the excuses from people on here lmao

So what do you tell those Clyde workers that were told vote no and you will 100% get 13 type 26 frigates ? You do know they are losing out on the work promised to them ?

Only 3 type 36 frigates are signed off right now that aint going to take 20 years those workers on the Clyde have every right to be very pissed off

Cambridge

"Circumstances have changed since that manifesto was issued. The capacity to build the extra frigates isn't there and the money to pay for them is shrinking fast.

No government of any colour would attempt to stick to there manifesto in this position. It would be completely irrational. So no the ships aren't being built on the Clyde and no there is no 'lie' to exploited. "

There was never a manifesto commitment to build 13 from any party, there was never a Better Together committment either.

The Council of Elrond

Olderseekingyounger i have a question for you

Why is it you dont want Scotland to be independent ?

The Council of Elrond

No government of any colour would attempt to stick to there manifesto in this position. It would be completely irrational. So no the ships aren't being built on the Clyde and no there is no 'lie' to exploited.

There was never a manifesto commitment to build 13 from any party, there was never a Better Together committment either. "

Oh my god CLCC do confirm are you saying Labour were not part of Better Together ?

Gloucester

So what do you tell those Clyde workers that were told vote no and you will 100% get 13 type 26 frigates ? You do know they are losing out on the work promised to them ?

Only 3 type 36 frigates are signed off right now that aint going to take 20 years those workers on the Clyde have every right to be very pissed off"

The Clyde workers are absolutely fine. They have work coming out of there ears. The extra Frigates are irrelevant. It really does look like you are trying to stir up a political argument over a moot point.

Cambridge

There was never a manifesto commitment to build 13 from any party, there was never a Better Together committment either.

Oh my god CLCC do confirm are you saying Labour were not part of Better Together ? "

You said "In a referendum there is NO parties..."

Gloucester

"

There was never a manifesto commitment to build 13 from any party, there was never a Better Together committment either. "

Ok thanks. My mistake. I thought they had.

The Council of Elrond

Only 3 type 36 frigates are signed off right now that aint going to take 20 years those workers on the Clyde have every right to be very pissed off

The Clyde workers are absolutely fine. They have work coming out of there ears. The extra Frigates are irrelevant. It really does look like you are trying to stir up a political argument over a moot point."

So you claim the Clyde workers and the unions are not calling it a betrayal ?

No no 13 type 26 frigates was the promise are you sayign that should not be honored ?

Work coming out of there ears lol So do you think 3 type 26 frigates are going to take 20 years to build now ?

The Council of Elrond

"

Ok thanks. My mistake. I thought they had."

Ah right so take his word for it as gospel lol

So you also about to tell me Labour were not part of Better Together now ? Lmao

this shit is embarrassing

The Council of Elrond

Oh my god CLCC do confirm are you saying Labour were not part of Better Together ?

You said "In a referendum there is NO parties..." "

FFS!!!

Yes there is no parties in a referendum

In the Scottish independence referendum

Labour , Tory and Lib Dems all joined up to set up Better Together Campaign

So there was a YES and No side in the Scottish referendum and the no SIDE put forward that 13 type 26 frigates would be 100% build on the Clyde

Who hard is that to understand lol

Its clearl many on here have no understanding

Gloucester

"

So you claim the Clyde workers and the unions are not calling it a betrayal ?

No no 13 type 26 frigates was the promise are you sayign that should not be honored ?

Correct. Circumstances have changed. Practicalities trump blind political dogma everytime.

Work coming out of there ears lol So do you think 3 type 26 frigates are going to take 20 years to build now ? "

Shocking news just out! The Clyde ship builders don't just build Royal Navy ships!

The Council of Elrond

Take this example and think for a min

in the EU referendum the leave side which some Tories and UKIP joined up together claimed that if you vote leasve NHS would get £350 million

Now again no parties were in that EU referendum it was a remain and leave side and the leave side put that forward if you vote to leave you will get £350million on the NHS

How hard is that to understand

This shite from people is seriously embarrassing and a 5 year old could work that shit out

Cambridge

You said "In a referendum there is NO parties..."

FFS!!!

Yes there is no parties in a referendum

In the Scottish independence referendum

Labour , Tory and Lib Dems all joined up to set up Better Together Campaign

So there was a YES and No side in the Scottish referendum and the no SIDE put forward that 13 type 26 frigates would be 100% build on the Clyde

Who hard is that to understand lol

Its clearl many on here have no understanding

"

No, people from those organisations may have set it up though. You can’t show us anything from BT that mentions the Type 26

Gloucester

"

this shit is embarrassing"

Why would I tell you that? Of course they were. So what? Better Together was a cross party group.

The Council of Elrond

"

Why would I tell you that? Of course they were. So what? Better Together was a cross party group."

Right so Labour put forward that if people voted no to independence 13 type 26 frigates would be build on the Clyde

You said it yourself Labour were part of Better Together and it dont matter who is in government that promise should be kept correct ?

Cambridge

"

Why would I tell you that? Of course they were. So what? Better Together was a cross party group.

Right so Labour put forward that if people voted no to independence 13 type 26 frigates would be build on the Clyde

You said it yourself Labour were part of Better Together and it dont matter who is in government that promise should be kept correct ?

"

Labour didn't, a single backbench MP wrote 1 local leaflet, according to you. You haven't provided a shred of other evidence for your claim.

Gloucester

"

"

As I stated further up, circumstances change. Practicalities trump blind political dogma everytime.

The Council of Elrond

CLCC

Do you think the leave side in the EU referendum should honor what they told people that £350 million would be spent on the NHS ?

Is it now acceptable to lie ? To get what you want

The Council of Elrond

"

As I stated further up, circumstances change. Practicalities trump blind political dogma everytime. "

So what your saying its ok to break promises to Scotland ?

"Olderseekingyounger i have a question for you

Why is it you dont want Scotland to be independent ? "

I don't care either way tbh...but your continual denial of things hopes the SNP never get there wish with there supporters like you....it can only lead the rest of the good folk in Scotland in one way.....and that is downhill

And quite a loss of seats in my opinion

The Council of Elrond

"

Labour didn't, a single backbench MP wrote 1 local leaflet, according to you. You haven't provided a shred of other evidence for your claim."

Yes they did. Also the MP you are on about is Ian Murray who is an Mp for Morningside which is near Edinburgh than Glasgow so why would he be the only one with that leaflet when there was 50 Scottish Labour mps in 2014 that are alot closer than Ian Murray nice try

The Council of Elrond

I don't care either way tbh...but your continual denial of things hopes the SNP never get there wish with there supporters like you....it can only lead the rest of the good folk in Scotland in one way.....and that is downhill

And quite a loss of seats in my opinion "

Ah right so anyone that votes or supporters SNP is not a good person now lol keep digging lol

Gloucester

"

So what your saying its ok to break promises to Scotland ? "

Scotland? We're talking about the Clyde ship yards. You can't conflate the whole of Scotland with one aspect of its society!

Again you are trying to over blow something that isn't an issue.

The Council of Elrond

In all

The message is dont go promising what you cant deliver or the people have a right to challenge it and make sure it either gets honored or we decide to have another referendum to expose the lies of the no side

"

So what your saying its ok to break promises to Scotland ?

Scotland? We're talking about the Clyde ship yards. You can't conflate the whole of Scotland with one aspect of its society!

Again you are trying to over blow something that isn't an issue. "

Gloucester

Ah right so anyone that votes or supporters SNP is not a good person now lol keep digging lol "

That's not what he said. You might want to re-read it and try answering again.

Ah right so anyone that votes or supporters SNP is not a good person now lol keep digging lol

That's not what he said. You might want to re-read it and try answering again."

He never reads what you say....hes only got the view from the SNP ...hes a one trick pony like they are...that was my point

Gloucester

"In all

The message is dont go promising what you cant deliver or the people have a right to challenge it and make sure it either gets honored or we decide to have another referendum to expose the lies of the no side

"

There was no promise. There was no lie. There is someone desperately trying to use irrational claims to stir an argument.

I've just realised! You're a Russian Cyber attacker

The Council of Elrond

That's not what he said. You might want to re-read it and try answering again."

Really well there is plenty of supporters like me that is exposing the Better Together lies So anyone that supports SNP and exposing lies is not a good person

So who is the rest of good folk in Scotland then anyone that doesnt support SNP ?

Cambridge

"In all

There was no promise. There was no lie. There is someone desperately trying to use irrational claims to stir an argument.

I've just realised! You're a Russian Cyber attacker"

Exactly, 3 threads now, all based on a lie.

The Council of Elrond

"In all

I've just realised! You're a Russian Cyber attacker"

What do you call this ? Is that not a promise ? Remember what you said above Labour were part of Better Together

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Scottish+Labour+leaflets+in+the+Scottish+referendum&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB767GB767&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiorpvZu4fXAhWEyRoKHaS0DrIQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=sDkhmGsQyo8xPM:

Gloucester

Really well there is plenty of supporters like me that is exposing the Better Together lies So anyone that supports SNP and exposing lies is not a good person

So who is the rest of good folk in Scotland then anyone that doesnt support SNP ? "

I've no problem with SNP supporters or followers of any party as long as they can debate using logic and reason and don't resort to blind denial and dogma.

Gloucester

[Removed by poster at 23/10/17 20:40:36]

So who is the rest of good folk in Scotland then anyone that doesnt support SNP ?

I've no problem with SNP supporters or followers of any party as long as they can debate using logic and reason and don't resort to blind denial and dogma."

Tbh its like trying to debate with a flat earther or a UKiper....only have one slanted view....and his agenda's isn't really about how many warships are being built....because in the Yes had won there wouldn't be any being built up there...its all to do with nationalism

Gloucester

"

What do you call this ? Is that not a promise ? Remember what you said above Labour were part of Better Together

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Scottish+Labour+leaflets+in+the+Scottish+referendum&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB767GB767&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiorpvZu4fXAhWEyRoKHaS0DrIQ_AUICygC&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=sDkhmGsQyo8xPM:"

I can't access this link on my phone. What is the name of the article it links to?

The Council of Elrond

"[Removed by poster at 23/10/17 20:40:36]"

What the Link shows

Is Scottish Labour branch saying this and i quote

'' Within the UK , Govan and Scotstoun WILL GET the order of 13 type 26 frigates from the Royal Navy''

Now like you said Labour were part of Better Together

When your told you will get something is if you vote a certain way does that sound like a promise to you ?

The Council of Elrond

Can anyone name a single promise from Better Together than has actually been delivered to Scotland ?

Oh wait i forgot no promises were made from Better Together lmao

Newcastle and Gateshead

"[Removed by poster at 23/10/17 20:40:36]

What the Link shows

'' Within the UK , Govan and Scotstoun WILL GET the order of 13 type 26 frigates from the Royal Navy''

When your told you will get something is if you vote a certain way does that sound like a promise to you ? "

so what you are really saying is that you would rather that ships that need to be in service by 2026 wouldn't be in service till 2037.... and your rather have people where those jobs would be needed in liverpool not have them because clyde couldn't do the job for 20 years because of the full orderbook.....

and yet you accuse us of all be anti scot.... when your blind hatred of the facts in fact makes you the most anti-english person i know.........

Cambridge

What the Link shows

When your told you will get something is if you vote a certain way does that sound like a promise to you ?

so what you are really saying is that you would rather that ships that need to be in service by 2026 wouldn't be in service till 2037.... and your rather have people where those jobs would be needed in liverpool not have them because clyde couldn't do the job for 20 years because of the full orderbook.....

and yet you accuse us of all be anti scot.... when your blind hatred of the facts in fact makes you the most anti-english person i know........."

Don't forget Fabio, Kinky doesn't care about the actual defence needs of the nation.

Gloucester

What the Link shows

When your told you will get something is if you vote a certain way does that sound like a promise to you ? "

Yes Labour were part of BT. Yes this is a Labour leaflet (not it's manifesto). No it's not a Promise.

And as stated earlier. Circumstances have changed. Political realities are flexible not rigid.

The Council of Elrond

What the Link shows

and yet you accuse us of all be anti scot.... when your blind hatred of the facts in fact makes you the most anti-english person i know........."

Where in the hell have you seen me put that there shouldnt be any ships build in Liverpool i dare you to try and find me say that eh

Fabio do you think it will take 20years to build 3 type 26 frigates on the Clyde ? Thats the order right now correct ?

Again where have i accused you or anyone of being Anti Scottish eh i dare you to find that ?

Really so you are accusing me of being anti English yet i have English family and love them to bits hell i will even go further to say England is a great country.

The Council of Elrond

What the Link shows

Yes Labour were part of BT. Yes this is a Labour leaflet (not it's manifesto). No it's not a Promise.

And as stated earlier. Circumstances have changed. Political realities are flexible not rigid."

Right thank you for saying Labour were part of Better Together and that is a Labour leaflet

Now the problem you have is Ian Davidson was a MP for Glasgow south west which is near Govan to let you understand

Now hopefully you can even get there would have been Labour no voters being told this in 2014 if you vote no to independence Govan and Scotstoun WILL GET 13 type 26 frigates build on the Clyde

What do you tell those people ah sorry we made that shite up to fool you and screw you now your not getting your 13 type 26 frigates yeah thats the way to keep those people believing in the UK union is to feed them lies lol

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 23/10/17 21:20:02]

Gloucester

It won't take 20 years to build 3 Frigates. It will take 20 years to build those three plus all the non-RN ships that are already waiting to be built. There is no capacity to build the other Frigates so what is the point in placing the orders there.

Cambridge

"It won't take 20 years to build 3 Frigates. It will take 20 years to build those three plus all the non-RN ships that are already waiting to be built. There is no capacity to build the other Frigates so what is the point in placing the orders there."

It will take 20 years to built the 13 RN ships they are building. Tl

The Council of Elrond

Oh and on a wee side note how funny is this shit

SNP We need 50p min price for alcohol.

Scottish Labour branch That's an attack on the poor.

UK Labour party Let's introduce 50P min price for alcohol.

Anyone heard of the Bain Princple ? Lol

The Council of Elrond

"It won't take 20 years to build 3 Frigates. It will take 20 years to build those three plus all the non-RN ships that are already waiting to be built. There is no capacity to build the other Frigates so what is the point in placing the orders there.

It will take 20 years to built the 13 RN ships they are building. Tl"

Awww fuck here we go again you really dont take shit it even when the people that are on your side are telling you

There is only 3 type 26 frigates signed off to be build on the Clyde

Go on name the other type of frigates you think is being build on the Clyde ?

Gloucester

"

What do you tell those people ah sorry we made that shite up to fool you and screw you now your not getting your 13 type 26 frigates yeah thats the way to keep those people believing in the UK union is to feed them lies lol "

It wasn't 'made up to fool you'. Stop being so melodramatic.

Cambridge

"Oh and on a wee side note how funny is this shit

Anyone heard of the Bain Princple ? Lol"

This is a thread about frigates. Not alcohol.

Cambridge

"It won't take 20 years to build 3 Frigates. It will take 20 years to build those three plus all the non-RN ships that are already waiting to be built. There is no capacity to build the other Frigates so what is the point in placing the orders there.

Awww fuck here we go again you really dont take shit it even when the people that are on your side are telling you

Go on name the other type of frigates you think is being build on the Clyde ? "

I have named all the ships above. You haven't said how many RN ships are being built on the Clyde though.

The Council of Elrond

Anyone heard of the Bain Princple ? Lol

This is a thread about frigates. Not alcohol. "

excuse me this is my thread i can talk about what i want. lol

The Council of Elrond

I have named all the ships above. You haven't said how many RN ships are being built on the Clyde though. "

No go on name the type of frigates you think is being build on the Clyde ?

Cambridge

I have named all the ships above. You haven't said how many RN ships are being built on the Clyde though.

No go on name the type of frigates you think is being build on the Clyde ? "

I have named the individual ships! How many ships are being built? I have answered yours multiple times over, over several threads, so would it kill you to answer 1 question of mine? How many ships are being built for the RN on the Clyde?

The Council of Elrond

CLCC

Is 13 type 26 frigates being build on the Clyde ?

Is 5 type 31e being build on the Clyde ?

Cambridge

"CLCC

"

I have answered these questions, multiple times. But just for you. No, 13 Type 26s are not being built on the Clyde. I have never said that 13 type 26s are being built on the Clyde in any of my posts. As yet, it has not been confirmed where any of the type 31es are being built.

Now, will you answer my question, how many ships are being built on the Clyde for the RN?

Gloucester

"

It's irrelevant. They just plain physically can't build any more on the Clyde. The yards are already booked up.

"

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

This is a thread about frigates. Not alcohol. "

On that subject though...

SNP are in grievance mode about the taxes on Whisky being too high and at the same time they are trying to bring in minimum pricing which is opposed by......The Scottish Whisky Association

The SWA have been fighting it in the courts for a number of years now saying it is illegal and will damage the industry. Duplicity comes naturally to the SNP

The Council of Elrond

CLCC

The answer to your question is 3 type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde yes only 3 have been signed off to be build on the Clyde

HMS Forth

HMS Medway

HMS Trent

Again to spell it out for you those 3 are the only ships signed off to be build on the Clyde fucking hell man look the shit up and stop digging yourself deeper and deeper

These ships are on hold and have NOT been signed off to be build on the Clyde

HMS Tamar

HMS Spey

HMS Glasgow

HMS Belfast

HMS Plymouth

So where is the 5 missing unnamed ships eh ?

Cambridge

"CLCC

The answer to your question is 3 type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde yes only 3 have been signed off to be build on the Clyde

HMS Forth

HMS Medway

HMS Trent

Again to spell it out for you those 3 are the only ships signed off to be build on the Clyde fucking hell man look the shit up and stop digging yourself deeper and deeper

HMS Tamar

HMS Spey

HMS Glasgow

HMS Belfast

HMS Plymouth

So where is the 5 missing unnamed ships eh ? "

Kinky, I'm gonna let you go away, do some more research and come back to me. As you and I are such close friends. I'll never mention this post again (unless you bring it up again or reply and quote it.)

The Council of Elrond

CLCC

Is..HMS Forth HMS Medway HMS Trent the only 3 ships signed off to be build on the Clyde yes or no ?

Has HMS TamarHMS Spey HMS Glasgow HMS Belfast HMS Plymouth been signed off to be build on the Clyde yes or no ?

Thats only 8 ships

Where is 9 , 10 , 11 ,12 and 13 ?

Gloucester

"

HMS Forth

HMS Medway

HMS Trent

HMS Tamar

HMS Spey

HMS Glasgow

HMS Belfast

HMS Plymouth

So where is the 5 missing unnamed ships eh ? "

If they are built at all they will be built else where because there isn't the capacity to build them on the Clyde. We're going round in circles now.

The Council of Elrond

"

HMS Forth

HMS Medway

HMS Trent

HMS Tamar

HMS Spey

HMS Glasgow

HMS Belfast

HMS Plymouth

If they are built at all they will be built else where because there isn't the capacity to build them on the Clyde. We're going round in circles now. "

So like i said Better Together shouldnt go promising what they cannot deliver then

No wonder the Clyde ship yards and unions are calling it a betrayal when 13 type 26 frigates were promised to those workers

Cambridge

"CLCC

Is..HMS Forth HMS Medway HMS Trent the only 3 ships signed off to be build on the Clyde yes or no ?

Has HMS TamarHMS Spey HMS Glasgow HMS Belfast HMS Plymouth been signed off to be build on the Clyde yes or no ?

Thats only 8 ships

Where is 9 , 10 , 11 ,12 and 13 ? "

Nope!

Medway, Trent, Forth, Temar, Spey are all signed off. As are the Belfast and Glasgow and the so far unconfirmed name of the Plymouth. The other Type 26s are as yet unnamed, but are going to be built in batch 2.

Gloucester

"

HMS Forth

HMS Medway

HMS Trent

HMS Tamar

HMS Spey

HMS Glasgow

HMS Belfast

HMS Plymouth

If they are built at all they will be built else where because there isn't the capacity to build them on the Clyde. We're going round in circles now.

So like i said Better Together shouldnt go promising what they cannot deliver then

No wonder the Clyde ship yards and unions are calling it a betrayal when 13 type 26 frigates were promised to those workers

"

And like I said, it wasn't a 'promise'.

It's not a betrayal. It's practical common sense. Which has nothing to do with political dogma.

The Council of Elrond

CLCC your digging yourself deeper you will be in China soon lol

3 type 26 frigates have been signed off to be build on the Clyde

Out of interest where you getting this shite from eh ?

The Council of Elrond

"

HMS Forth

HMS Medway

HMS Trent

HMS Tamar

HMS Spey

HMS Glasgow

HMS Belfast

HMS Plymouth

It's not a betrayal. It's practical common sense. Which has nothing to do with political dogma."

So you think the Clyde ship yard workers and unions are in the wrong when they are calling it a betrayal ?

Thats what you appear to be saying.

Cambridge

"CLCC your digging yourself deeper you will be in China soon lol

Out of interest where you getting this shite from eh ? "

All the ships you mention have been signed off, and are being built on the Clyde. You are woefully out of your depth on this subject!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_26_frigate

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/River-class_patrol_vessel

Gloucester

"

HMS Forth

HMS Medway

HMS Trent

HMS Tamar

HMS Spey

HMS Glasgow

HMS Belfast

HMS Plymouth

It's not a betrayal. It's practical common sense. Which has nothing to do with political dogma.

So you think the Clyde ship yard workers and unions are in the wrong when they are calling it a betrayal ?

Thats what you appear to be saying."

Yep

The Council of Elrond

All the ships you mention have been signed off, and are being built on the Clyde. You are woefully out of your depth on this subject!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/River-class_patrol_vessel"

LMAO

You get your information from Wikipedia aww i feel for you now.

Dont you know anyone can actually write on wikipedia ?

Here is a wee something from the Scotsman since unionists love this paper

'' The next generation of shipbuilding jobs in Scotland has been secured with the announcement of a £3.7 billion contract with BAE Systems to build three Type 26 frigates on the Clyde. Work to begin cutting steel for the vessels will begin next month, with up to 1,700 jobs protected across Scotland and another 1,700 in the UK-wide supply chain until 2035. Unions welcomed the announcement, which follows months of speculation that the Type 26 programme could be delayed or downgraded due to a lack of funds. However, there was disappointment as the Ministry of Defence confirmed that the contract for another five vessels, worth upwards of £5bn, would not be negotiated until the early 2020s''

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/three-frigates-worth-3-7bn-secure-shipyard-jobs-for-decades-1-4492329

So the Scotsman telling you lies now ? Oh i am love this someone actually admit a unionist paper is telling lies lol

Cambridge

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/River-class_patrol_vessel

LMAO

You get your information from Wikipedia aww i feel for you now.

Dont you know anyone can actually write on wikipedia ?

Here is a wee something from the Scotsman since unionists love this paper

'' The next generation of shipbuilding jobs in Scotland has been secured with the announcement of a £3.7 billion contract with BAE Systems to build three Type 26 frigates on the Clyde. Work to begin cutting steel for the vessels will begin next month, with up to 1,700 jobs protected across Scotland and another 1,700 in the UK-wide supply chain until 2035. Unions welcomed the announcement, which follows months of speculation that the Type 26 programme could be delayed or downgraded due to a lack of funds. However, there was disappointment as the Ministry of Defence confirmed that the contract for another five vessels, worth upwards of £5bn, would not be negotiated until the early 2020s''

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/three-frigates-worth-3-7bn-secure-shipyard-jobs-for-decades-1-4492329

So the Scotsman telling you lies now ? Oh i am love this someone actually admit a unionist paper is telling lies lol "

What you have quoted doesn't contradict a word I have said! You have also quoted that "unions welcomed the announcement"!

As to the Wikipedia comment, yes it can be edited, however we are limited to what we can link to. Please specify which part of either wikipedia article is wrong, in your opinion.

As I have said, repeatedly, all the ships you have mentioned have been signed off, in fact 2 have been launched, however not yet handed over to the Royal Navy. I'm going to guess that will come as a bit of a surprise to you.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Anyone heard of the Bain Princple ? Lol"

you want to go there.......

okay..... you really don't want to play that game, because I would look at the SNP's policy on foxhunting...

reason being that the rules on foxhunting in england are actually a lot tougher/stronger than the ones in scotland...

the tories want to loosen the legistlation so that the english and welsh law matched the scottish rules.... and it was the SNP who said that would vote on a non-scottish matter that killed that bill....

irony being there are a lot of the people in scotland who want the tougher english law to be introduced up there.... SNP policy is that the rules in scotland are fine where they are!!!

would that be an example of your "Bain Principle"?

The Council of Elrond

Wow CLCC your gonna keep going arent you ok then keep digging lol

Are you blind ? Can you not see this ''build three Type 26 frigates on the Clyde''

the contract for another five vessels, would not be negotiated until the early 2020s

What are you not getting about this ?

only 3 have actually been signed off to be build on the Clyde

5 are on hold till after 2020

that only makes 8 ships hello!!!! lol

So where is the 5 missing ships to make your 13 ships getting build on the Clyde ?

Oh wait is that 5, 31 type frigates that BAE Systems will partner with Cammell Laird, who would ‘Prime, build and assemble’ the vessels at their Merseyside facility.

Notice how no one is willing to back you up lol

Cambridge

"Wow CLCC your gonna keep going arent you ok then keep digging lol

Are you blind ? Can you not see this ''build three Type 26 frigates on the Clyde''

the contract for another five vessels, would not be negotiated until the early 2020s

So where is the 5 missing ships to make your 13 ships getting build on the Clyde ?

Oh wait is that 5, 31 type frigates that BAE Systems will partner with Cammell Laird, who would ‘Prime, build and assemble’ the vessels at their Merseyside facility.

"

Anyone who reads the Wikipedia links will see that I'm right. HMS Glasgow (1st in class), HMS Plymouth ( 2nd), and HMS Belfast (3rd) are the 3 Type 26s that have been confirmed and ordered and 2 of which have been named.

HMS Forth was launched on 20 August 2016 and is currently under going sea trials. HMS Medway was launched on 23 August 2017, and is still being fitted out. HMS Trent HMS Tamar and HMS Spey are still under construction.

An easy way to tell the difference is in the names. The Type 26s are named after cities, and the "River Class" off shore patrol vessels are named after, unsurprisingly, rivers.

The Council of Elrond

Anyone who reads the Wikipedia links will see that I'm right. HMS Glasgow (1st in class), HMS Plymouth ( 2nd), and HMS Belfast (3rd) are the 3 Type 26s that have been confirmed and ordered and 2 of which have been named.

HMS Forth was launched on 20 August 2016 and is currently under going sea trials. HMS Medway was launched on 23 August 2017, and is still being fitted out. HMS Trent HMS Tamar and HMS Spey are still under construction.

An easy way to tell the difference is in the names. The Type 26s are named after cities, and the "River Class" off shore patrol vessels are named after, unsurprisingly, rivers. "

Anyone that reads Wikiapedia and takes it as gospel needs their heed checked lol

Hell i could log on right now and claim Scotland voted to become independent in 2017 lol thats why people shouldnt believe a word that is in Wikiapedia image using that shit site and say its gospel lol

Again 3 type 26 frigates have been signed off to be build on the Clyde

wake up and stop believing pish websites that anyone can go on and edit shit

Breaking news aliens have landed so says wikiapedia lmao

I feel embarrassed for you CLCC that you actually use wikipedia do yourself a favor and stay well clear of that site the amount of people that edit shit on it is unreal

Cambridge

An easy way to tell the difference is in the names. The Type 26s are named after cities, and the "River Class" off shore patrol vessels are named after, unsurprisingly, rivers.

Anyone that reads Wikiapedia and takes it as gospel needs their heed checked lol

Hell i could log on right now and claim Scotland voted to become independent in 2017 lol thats why people shouldnt believe a word that is in Wikiapedia image using that shit site and say its gospel lol

Again 3 type 26 frigates have been signed off to be build on the Clyde

wake up and stop believing pish websites that anyone can go on and edit shit

Breaking news aliens have landed so says wikiapedia lmao

I feel embarrassed for you CLCC that you actually use wikipedia do yourself a favor and stay well clear of that site the amount of people that edit shit on it is unreal

"

Still digging? Ok, how about a YouTube video from BAE Systems, you know the company building the ship? Maybe you would find that indisputable?

https://youtu.be/04DbF4HMd6Y

Skip to 2:10 if you are just interested in the new ships.

The Council of Elrond

There is only 3 type 26 Frigates on the order books to be build on the clyde

Are people honestly saying they will take 20 years to build ? Lol

The Council of Elrond

Oh moving on youtube

Well try this car crash from last year the Tories are not to be trusted with fuck all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Gd9yh4HsI

Cambridge

Hmmm, that's funny kinky, you seem to have ignored the link to the video.

How about some press releases from BAE Systems instead?

"Second River Class Offshore Patrol Vessel Named in Glasgow

20 Oct 2017

HMS MEDWAY, the second of five new River Class Offshore Patrol Vessels, was officially named today during a ceremony at BAE Systems’ site at Scotstoun, Glasgow.

Guests watched as Lady Wendy Fallon, HMS MEDWAY’s sponsor and wife of Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon named the 2,000 tonne, 90-metre-long vessel. In keeping with Royal Navy tradition Lady Fallon pressed the button that released a bottle of Dockyard Gin from the Copper Rivet Distillery in Chatham, Kent, against the ship’s hull.

Iain Stevenson, Managing Director of BAE Systems Naval Ships, said:

“Today’s naming ceremony is another proud moment in an exceptionally busy year for our business and the Royal Navy. Following the naming of the first River Class Offshore Patrol Vessel in March this year, our employees had the opportunity to celebrate seeing the first Aircraft Carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth, set sail for the first time; the first plate of steel cut for the first Type 26 Global Combat Ship; and the naming of the second Aircraft carrier, HMS Prince of Wales. We look forward to delivering HMS MEDWAY to the Royal Navy next year.”

Defence Secretary Sir Michael Fallon said:

“This year we have already named our second aircraft carrier, two Type 26 frigates and the first in the Offshore Patrol Vessel class. It is a privilege to see yet another ship named for the growing Royal Navy. Named after Kent’s main river, my family has taken a particular interest in HMS Medway over the course of its construction and this is a proud day for all involved.

“From counter-terrorism and anti-smuggling to securing the UK’s borders, HMS Medway will help keep Britain safe.”

HMS MEDWAY will shortly embark on sea trials where she will be put through her paces in the open waters off the coast of Scotland. With a crew of 58 HMS MEDWAY is expected to enter service with the Royal Navy in 2019."

Or remember how on the last thread I told you to read the press release from BAE Sytems regarding the Type 31e, but of course you didnt, well here is a quote from it.

"This enables BAE Systems to appropriately support the National Shipbuilding Strategy whilst ensuring the delivery of the five Offshore Patrol Vessels and the first three City class Type 26 frigates currently on contract, to time, budget and to the highest quality standards."

The Council of Elrond

So before i go to bed for the night

Remember the people on here going on and on about if Scotland voted yes there would be no ships build

Listen to that youtube video i posted and near the end you will hear what Fallon failed to answer BAE did answer by saying there is nothing in the contract to stop ship building on the Clyde if Scotland was to vote yes to independence hard luck eh

So question is are people gonna say BAE are now lying eh ? Lol

So to confirm when the Scottish independence referendum comes hardcore unionists wont be able to say that no ships will be build on the Clyde if Scotland votes yes to independence

Why do you think the Tories are so keen not to have an independence referendum for Scotland they know they cant offer more powers as they might as well just hand Scotland its independence

The Council of Elrond

So hardcore unionists tell pro indy supporters if you become independent you will face a £13bn black hole!"

Yet Scotland in the UK faces a hard brexit and £30 billion worse off

Oh no not looking good for Scotland in the UK Lol

Ayrshire

You wanted to be independent in 2014, the consequences of that would have been that an independent Scotland would no longer be in the UK and the EU.

It didn't bother you then, so why the faux outrage now?

If you disagree with the above, could you tell me how it could remain a member of the EU when it is not a member in the first place?

Scotland has no treaties with the EU.

And as for your leaflet, why is it that the website that it quotes does not exist, are you telling porkies?

And lets not forget, how many Royal Navy warships would be built if Scotland was independent?

I wonder if these questions will be ignored?

To paraphrase: "Vote 'No' and we promise lots of boats are built in your yards". So the country voted no.

Now- "great, you voted 'no, but our promise no longer stands'.

To me, it further reinforces the belief that self-interest subsumes all morality and most politicians will say whatever it takes to keep him/herself in power. Maybe the onus is on us to wise-up and educate ourselves before believing wholesale statements . Or worse, taking a newspaper rag as a source of 'facts'.

In short, if it sounds too good, it is.

"To paraphrase: "Vote 'No' and we promise lots of boats are built in your yards". So the country voted no.

To me, it further reinforces the belief that self-interest subsumes all morality and most politicians will say whatever it takes to keep him/herself in power. Maybe the onus is on us to wise-up and educate ourselves before believing wholesale statements . Or worse, taking a newspaper rag as a source of 'facts'.

In short, if it sounds too good, it is. "

But there was no promise....this thread isn't about building warships...its about his nationalist agenda...he could give two hoots tbh about the ships

Cambridge

"

HMS Forth

HMS Medway

HMS Trent

HMS Tamar

HMS Spey

HMS Glasgow

HMS Belfast

HMS Plymouth

If they are built at all they will be built else where because there isn't the capacity to build them on the Clyde. We're going round in circles now. "

HMS Forth, HMS Medway and HMS Trent are NOT Type 23s!

Grantham

"

HMS Forth

HMS Medway

HMS Trent

HMS Tamar

HMS Spey

HMS Glasgow

HMS Belfast

HMS Plymouth

HMS Forth, HMS Medway and HMS Trent are NOT Type 23s! "

They are OPVs of the new River class, and are similar to the old "corvette" ships.

Type 23 is what the new type 26s are replacing.

"To paraphrase: "Vote 'No' and we promise lots of boats are built in your yards". So the country voted no.

But there was no promise....this thread isn't about building warships...its about his nationalist agenda...he could give two hoots tbh about the ships "

And neither could anyone else who has replied tbh. The number of boats to be built WAS used as an incentive to stay in the union. It's a complicated is due, mired by speculations on both sides.

But there was no promise....this thread isn't about building warships...its about his nationalist agenda...he could give two hoots tbh about the ships

And neither could anyone else who has replied tbh. The number of boats to be built WAS used as an incentive to stay in the union. It's a complicated is due, mired by speculations on both sides.

"

And there being built

'Issue'

[Removed by poster at 24/10/17 11:38:47]

The Council of Elrond

And there being built "

Not they are not

Can you show me where you think 13 type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde ?

Only 3 type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde do you think that will take 20 year ?

And there being built

Not they are not

Can you show me where you think 13 type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde ?

Only 3 type 26 frigates are being build on the Clyde do you think that will take 20 year ?

"

You must had been shown at least 13 times the same number of ships being built in the region of Scotland

The Council of Elrond

And there being built

Not they are not

You must had been shown at least 13 times the same number of ships being built in the region of Scotland "

Again 13 type 26 frigates are NOT being build on the Clyde

Only 3 type 26 frigates have been signed off to be build on the Clyde fucking hell lol

Again you keep putting region all you want it aint winding me up. If you this so low to call England a region thats upto you its quite sad though.

Grantham

All the information on the ships can be found in UKDefenceJournal website.

Please...no thread part 3 on the same subject!

Cambridge

OP you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

Firstly, there was no promise. At best there was a leaflet, but even that might be fake as the website written on it doesn't exist.

Secondly, 13 ships are being built on the Clyde for the Royal Navy. Do we think it will take XX number of years to build? No, the ship builder thinks that's how long it will take to build.

Thirdly, in an independent Scotland, these ships wouldn't have been built on the Clyde at all. The MOD would have used another shipyard.

You have been thoroughly schooled and humiliated on this thread, and two others previously, try not to start a fourth.