FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Emily Thornbury

Emily Thornbury

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just watching Question Time.... is Emily Thornbury the new Diane Abbot?

Labour seem to have sidelined Diane after her multiple foot in her mouth episodes....but Emily seems to have taken up the mantle with gusto!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Brilliant news.....Dianne will be on next week....all the fun of the fair!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

She showed her true Coulers again when the Scottish lady made a valid point about d*unken stacks with glass bottles ! She just sat smiling smugly until she had to be told it wasn't a joke ! And to go and visit Glasgow infirmary on a weekend !

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

Amnesty International, using the tool Crimson Hexagon, ran an investigation on women politicians and their experience on social media, specifically Twitter. The data was run from Jan 1st until June 8th, which was just before the GE.

Diane Abbot received 45.14% of all the abusive tweets, 10 times more than any other female MP. Indeed, it was so high, it skewed the data. It had to be taken out to complete the rest of the survey. Google 'Diane Abbot social media Amnesty' and you will see the reports from many news websites.

It made interesting reading. Well, it did for me.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Just watching Question Time.... is Emily Thornbury the new Diane Abbot?

Labour seem to have sidelined Diane after her multiple foot in her mouth episodes....but Emily seems to have taken up the mantle with gusto!"

Emily Thornbury has always had the uncanny ability to stick her foot firmly in her mouth, it's nothing new. It's just that Diane Abbott's feet are bigger.

If there was an Emily Thornbury on QT last night I didn't see her.

There was an Emily Thornberry though.

London

"If there was an Emily Thornbury on QT last night I didn't see her.

There was an Emily Thornberry though."

London

[Removed by poster at 17/11/17 08:47:09]

"Amnesty International, using the tool Crimson Hexagon, ran an investigation on women politicians and their experience on social media, specifically Twitter. The data was run from Jan 1st until June 8th, which was just before the GE.

Diane Abbot received 45.14% of all the abusive tweets, 10 times more than any other female MP. Indeed, it was so high, it skewed the data. It had to be taken out to complete the rest of the survey. Google 'Diane Abbot social media Amnesty' and you will see the reports from many news websites.

It made interesting reading. Well, it did for me."

Racism is very healthy and thriving in Britain today.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Amnesty International, using the tool Crimson Hexagon, ran an investigation on women politicians and their experience on social media, specifically Twitter. The data was run from Jan 1st until June 8th, which was just before the GE.

Racism is very healthy and thriving in Britain today."

thing is they will never call it racism........its bullying and gross intimidation at best and i'll leave you to decide what it is at worst... but yes i do believe there is an agenda...

she must be one of the strongest people mentally because i know people who have had breakdown and dealt with a lot less.

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

thing is they will never call it racism........its bullying and gross intimidation at best and i'll leave you to decide what it is at worst... but yes i do believe there is an agenda...

she must be one of the strongest people mentally because i know people who have had breakdown and dealt with a lot less."

I’m not gonna sent there is probably racism in a portion of the abuse. Not that abuse of any kind is right. However I also believe she takes flack from many who despise the dishonesty of politicians, as she often sets herself up to be transaperently dishonest. (I’m not saying she is more dishonest than others, but when she changes her position on numbers within minutes of herself then it’s just more obvious than the others who abuse stats)

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

she must be one of the strongest people mentally because i know people who have had breakdown and dealt with a lot less.

I’m not gonna sent there is probably racism in a portion of the abuse. Not that abuse of any kind is right. However I also believe she takes flack from many who despise the dishonesty of politicians, as she often sets herself up to be transaperently dishonest. (I’m not saying she is more dishonest than others, but when she changes her position on numbers within minutes of herself then it’s just more obvious than the others who abuse stats)"

They all do that

she must be one of the strongest people mentally because i know people who have had breakdown and dealt with a lot less."

I used to like her when she did that programme with Michael Portillo , a week in politics I think . But I think she has reverted to type and I actually think deep down she is Racist .

Tho I'm sure she is sometimes the victim of racist abuse her self !

Swindon

I’m not gonna sent there is probably racism in a portion of the abuse. Not that abuse of any kind is right. However I also believe she takes flack from many who despise the dishonesty of politicians, as she often sets herself up to be transaperently dishonest. (I’m not saying she is more dishonest than others, but when she changes her position on numbers within minutes of herself then it’s just more obvious than the others who abuse stats)

They all do that "

i know. Like i said she makes it the easiest to be called out an as tbph she is crap at being dishonest with stats. And so takes the full brunt. Similar to how the Eu is an easy target for dissatisfaction with unfairness ...

Bournemouth

They all do that i know. Like i said she makes it the easiest to be called out an as tbph she is crap at being dishonest with stats. And so takes the full brunt. Similar to how the Eu is an easy target for dissatisfaction with unfairness ..."

Johnson gove and farage are no different all full of bullshit and lies

Swindon

They all do that i know. Like i said she makes it the easiest to be called out an as tbph she is crap at being dishonest with stats. And so takes the full brunt. Similar to how the Eu is an easy target for dissatisfaction with unfairness ...

"

but are smarter with it. None of them afaik have contradicted themselves in the same interview.

Bournemouth

They all do that i know. Like i said she makes it the easiest to be called out an as tbph she is crap at being dishonest with stats. And so takes the full brunt. Similar to how the Eu is an easy target for dissatisfaction with unfairness ...

but are smarter with it. None of them afaik have contradicted themselves in the same interview. "

That’s your opinion

They all do that i know. Like i said she makes it the easiest to be called out an as tbph she is crap at being dishonest with stats. And so takes the full brunt. Similar to how the Eu is an easy target for dissatisfaction with unfairness ..."

No ! She's Crap at knowing the Facts !

By *ingdong11Man  over a year ago

southampton

That’s utter tosh , people don’t hate her because she is black , they hate here because she is a lying , incompetent fool and a waste of tax payers money ..........the levels of criticism aimed at her are commensurate with her level of idiocy .

southampton

Her , not here

That’s utter tosh , people don’t hate her because she is black , they hate here because she is a lying , incompetent fool and a waste of tax payers money ..........the levels of criticism aimed at her are commensurate with her level of idiocy . "

Correct

Surprisingly after the media and Tory attacks on her and her own errors and mistakes.She increased her majority by 11,000.

southampton

"Surprisingly after the media and Tory attacks on her and her own errors and mistakes.She increased her majority by 11,000. "

Her constituency has voted Labour since it first came about in 1950 , they are voting for the party not for Abbot.

"Surprisingly after the media and Tory attacks on her and her own errors and mistakes.She increased her majority by 11,000.

Her constituency has voted Labour since it first came about in 1950 , they are voting for the party not for Abbot. "

Obviously but the Tories used her face on their posters for labour incompetence.The media tore her to pieces yet she increased her majority to 35,000 up by 11,000.Shes obviously liked in her constitutency.I just find it surprising.

southampton

"Surprisingly after the media and Tory attacks on her and her own errors and mistakes.She increased her majority by 11,000.

Her constituency has voted Labour since it first came about in 1950 , they are voting for the party not for Abbot. Obviously but the Tories used her face on their posters for labour incompetence.The media tore her to pieces yet she increased her majority to 35,000 up by 11,000.Shes obviously liked in her constitutency.I just find it surprising."

Doesn’t mean they like her , it just means they hate the tories more .

For all we know , if you put a different Labour candidate in , it might increase by a bigger margin . She is a liability and doesn’t deserve her salary and expenses , some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is vile drivel , the rest is just plain common or garden drivel .

Her constituency has voted Labour since it first came about in 1950 , they are voting for the party not for Abbot. Obviously but the Tories used her face on their posters for labour incompetence.The media tore her to pieces yet she increased her majority to 35,000 up by 11,000.Shes obviously liked in her constitutency.I just find it surprising.

For all we know , if you put a different Labour candidate in , it might increase by a bigger margin . She is a liability and doesn’t deserve her salary and expenses , some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is vile drivel , the rest is just plain common or garden drivel ."

Her constituents believe she deserves her place in parliament.These are the only opinions that count.

She's the most openly racist MP i know.

southampton

Her constituency has voted Labour since it first came about in 1950 , they are voting for the party not for Abbot. Obviously but the Tories used her face on their posters for labour incompetence.The media tore her to pieces yet she increased her majority to 35,000 up by 11,000.Shes obviously liked in her constitutency.I just find it surprising.

For all we know , if you put a different Labour candidate in , it might increase by a bigger margin . She is a liability and doesn’t deserve her salary and expenses , some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is vile drivel , the rest is just plain common or garden drivel . Her constituents believe she deserves her place in parliament.These are the only opinions that count. "

Your not that stooopid , come on

A lot of people vote for the party not the candidate , I voted for the Labour candidate in the last election ......no clue who he is .

For all we know , if you put a different Labour candidate in , it might increase by a bigger margin . She is a liability and doesn’t deserve her salary and expenses , some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth is vile drivel , the rest is just plain common or garden drivel . Her constituents believe she deserves her place in parliament.These are the only opinions that count.

Your not that stooopid , come on

A lot of people vote for the party not the candidate , I voted for the Labour candidate in the last election ......no clue who he is ."

I would suggest if you voted for Dianne and didn't know who she was you're pretty fucking thick.I think your looking for confirmation bias ..

but are smarter with it. None of them afaik have contradicted themselves in the same interview. "

Really i think the ladies husband who's wife is in jail in Iran would strongly disagree with you there

"She's the most openly racist MP i know."
I thought I'd be the only one who would dare say it

How did this turn into a (racist?) debate on Diane Abbot? I asked about Emily Thornbury.....last time I looked she’s white!

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"She's the most openly racist MP i know."

"She's the most openly racist MP i know. I thought I'd be the only one who would dare say it "
There's been numerous Tories who referred to black people as niggers.Most of them are hiding in wood piles apparently.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"How did this turn into a (racist?) debate on Diane Abbot? I asked about Emily Thornbury.....last time I looked she’s white!"

Yes it’s more a debate on sexism, and the state of male mentality than anything.

"She's the most openly racist MP i know. I thought I'd be the only one who would dare say it There's been numerous Tories who referred to black people as niggers.Most of them are hiding in wood piles apparently.

"

I bet most wont get that

Swindon

"How did this turn into a (racist?) debate on Diane Abbot? I asked about Emily Thornbury.....last time I looked she’s white!"
because whataboutary is the easiest way to deflect an argument. Mention Dianne Abbott and her ability as an MP, it’s easy to start saying what about the racism.

Bournemouth

Ridiculous

A Emily thornbury topic and it’s turned into a raciest topic about Diane Abbot

Shame on you lot

Swindon

"How did this turn into a (racist?) debate on Diane Abbot? I asked about Emily Thornbury.....last time I looked she’s white!

Ridiculous

A Emily thornbury topic and it’s turned into a raciest topic about Diane Abbot

Shame on you lot"

back to Emily then. I shivered when it was mentioned she was touted as a future labour leader. And cringed with the kilt story. With, what seemed like, a scripted laugh.

"She's the most openly racist MP i know. I thought I'd be the only one who would dare say it There's been numerous Tories who referred to black people as niggers.Most of them are hiding in wood piles apparently.

"

They should be in Prison then !

2 Wrongs never make a right !

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Honestly,

You know what threatens more men than anything else?

A woman who is strong and articulate. Who has the guts to put their head above the parapet and say what is wrong with this world

Shame on those cowards who have nothing better to do than be abusive to women online.

Cannock

"

More recently the Labour MP for Kensington, Emma Dent Coad called a black Tory MP "a token Ghetto boy". Not content with this openly racist comment though she went further and posted a picture on her blog of a stick man being hanged on the Conservative party's tree logo. This is the sort of vile behaviour we have come to expect from Corbyn's Labour party now though, so much for Corbyn's promise of a 'kinder, nicer sort of politics'.

More recently the Labour MP for Kensington, Emma Dent Coad called a black Tory MP "a token Ghetto boy". Not content with this openly racist comment though she went further and posted a picture on her blog of a stick man being hanged on the Conservative party's tree logo. This is the sort of vile behaviour we have come to expect from Corbyn's Labour party now though, so much for Corbyn's promise of a 'kinder, nicer sort of politics'. "

Racism is not a party issue. Your religion, political beliefs do not make you immune to it. Back to the subject

Bournemouth

More recently the Labour MP for Kensington, Emma Dent Coad called a black Tory MP "a token Ghetto boy". Not content with this openly racist comment though she went further and posted a picture on her blog of a stick man being hanged on the Conservative party's tree logo. This is the sort of vile behaviour we have come to expect from Corbyn's Labour party now though, so much for Corbyn's promise of a 'kinder, nicer sort of politics'. "

Another feeble post by the UKIP nasty party

More recently the Labour MP for Kensington, Emma Dent Coad called a black Tory MP "a token Ghetto boy". Not content with this openly racist comment though she went further and posted a picture on her blog of a stick man being hanged on the Conservative party's tree logo. This is the sort of vile behaviour we have come to expect from Corbyn's Labour party now though, so much for Corbyn's promise of a 'kinder, nicer sort of politics'.

Another feeble post by the UKIP nasty party "

Why is that post Feeble ?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

and coming from you who refuses to condemn the wearing of KKK and Nazi party regalia..

double fucking standards eh..

London

"Honestly,

A woman who is strong and articulate. Who has the guts to put their head above the parapet and say what is wrong with this world

Shame on those cowards who have nothing better to do than be abusive to women online.

"

Thank you.

Which is why I brought up the survey on female politicians. It makes uncomfortable reading when stats are produced...

Bournemouth

A disgusting post

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

A disgusting post "

...Really..why??

A disgusting post ...Really..why??"

Cos its from his favourite rag...the DAiLY FAIL

Cannock

A disgusting post "

It's actually a factually correct and 100% true post.

Cannock

Another feeble post by the UKIP nasty party "

I actually voted Conservative at the last general election. Do you ever get anything correct on here?

A disgusting post

It's actually a factually correct and 100% true post. "

Nah its not if you read it in the DAILY FAIL....try googling the context of it rather than the FAILS dramatic headlines

By *ralworshipperMan  over a year ago

Willesden

That's Diane Abbott whose Parliamentary majority in 2017 was 35,139.

That's Emily Thornberry whose Parliamentary majority in 2017 was 20,263

Two Labour women politicians who the relevant voting public seem to like but who are mocked at a time when male politicians are being crucified for inappropriate sexual behaviour by ... journalists.

Anyone want to buy a newspaper?

Funny old world innit

A disgusting post

Nah its not if you read it in the DAILY FAIL....try googling the context of it rather than the FAILS dramatic headlines "

So I asume the Guardian always tells the truth then ?

Not

A disgusting post

Nah its not if you read it in the DAILY FAIL....try googling the context of it rather than the FAILS dramatic headlines So I asume the Guardian always tells the truth then ?

Not "

Not they dont...its headlines and headlines sell newspapers to the gullible

in Lancashire

A disgusting post

Nah its not if you read it in the DAILY FAIL....try googling the context of it rather than the FAILS dramatic headlines So I asume the Guardian always tells the truth then ?

Not "

not that i have read it for a couple of years but it has paid out substantially less in damages than the mail has for printing tripe and drivel, well slander and libel..

A disgusting post

Not

Not they dont...its headlines and headlines sell newspapers to the gullible "

These headlines were written by a black guy...i'll let you do the search as i did

'Almost everyone is being disingenuous about what Emma Dent Coad said'

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Over the weekend Phillip Hammond claimed there was no unemployment in Britain.

I can only imagine the chortling from some people if Abbott or Thornberry had said something as silly as that...

Swindon

"Over the weekend Phillip Hammond claimed there was no unemployment in Britain.

I can only imagine the chortling from some people if Abbott or Thornberry had said something as silly as that..."

I feel this is unfair out of context. He was talking about how people were anticipating a flood of short hand typists into the unemployment numbers ... which never appeared as people reskill (which is what he was talking about).

Defending a Tory. Now I need a shower.

Cannock

A disgusting post

Nah its not if you read it in the DAILY FAIL....try googling the context of it rather than the FAILS dramatic headlines "

Emma Dent Coad was caught red handed in this case. The picture was posted on her own public blog. Continue to bury your head in the sand if you like but those are the facts.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"Honestly,

"

Too true

Bournemouth

Another feeble post by the UKIP nasty party

I actually voted Conservative at the last general election. Do you ever get anything correct on here? "

I never said the ge anywhere in my mail looks like you have got it wrong yet again

A disgusting post

Nah its not if you read it in the DAILY FAIL....try googling the context of it rather than the FAILS dramatic headlines

Emma Dent Coad was caught red handed in this case. The picture was posted on her own public blog. Continue to bury your head in the sand if you like but those are the facts. "

Read the facts and quote them in the context it was said...like i said a black guy wrote an article about how unfair she was and is being treated

A disgusting post

I Googled it and found this in The Guardian...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/14/labour-mp-apologises-conservative-token-ghetto-boy-emma-dent-coad

A disgusting post

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/14/labour-mp-apologises-conservative-token-ghetto-boy-emma-dent-coad"

And ?

A disgusting post

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/14/labour-mp-apologises-conservative-token-ghetto-boy-emma-dent-coad

And ?"

I Googled as you suggested and found the story wasn't just picked up in the Daily Mail.

Does that mean it's true if you read the same story in the Guardian?

Cannock

Emily Thornberry on again tonight. Should be good for a laugh.

Cannock

"Emily Thornberry on again tonight. Should be good for a laugh. "

Yep, true to form Emily Thornberry has already made a fool of herself, lol.

"Emily Thornberry on again tonight. Should be good for a laugh.

Yep, true to form Emily Thornberry has already made a fool of herself, lol."

The gift that keeps on giving......

On Peston last Sunday she said we should not have bombed Assad’s chemical weapon sites until we had “the unanimous backing” of the UN. When it was pointed out that would never happen with the Russian veto....she said “well we will just have to work harder”....wtf?

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 20/04/18 09:50:34]

in Lancashire

When the only people talking sense on a QT panel are the host, a journalist and a radio presenter it gives an idea how utterly shallow the political pool is at present..

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 20/04/18 09:51:50]

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

It made interesting reading. Well, it did for me. Racism is very healthy and thriving in Britain today."

Bob i am sure some of the tweets are racist, however im sure most of the tweets have more to do with her being the worst politician in westminster

It made interesting reading. Well, it did for me. Racism is very healthy and thriving in Britain today.

Bob i am sure some of the tweets are racist, however im sure most of the tweets have more to do with her being the worst politician in westminster"

There's no justification for Diane Abbott being the most racially abused woman in westminster.Unless you think her being bad at her job justifies it it.?

I've heard excuses for racism all my life.Nothing changes,the excuses remain the same and the hate will never stop.Such is the world.Suck it up,i do ,it makes you stronger

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

She should never be racially abused ever but she should get stick for being a joke her and Emily long blink thornberry are shocking

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

Bob i am sure some of the tweets are racist, however im sure most of the tweets have more to do with her being the worst politician in westminster"

Worse than Boris, who embarrasses himself on a weekly basis?

I reckon if Boris was a woman (or black), he'd get treated with much less "ha ha, silly Boris" and much more direct criticism/hatred...

derby

It made interesting reading. Well, it did for me. Racism is very healthy and thriving in Britain today.

Bob i am sure some of the tweets are racist, however im sure most of the tweets have more to do with her being the worst politician in westminster

There's no justification for Diane Abbott being the most racially abused woman in westminster.Unless you think her being bad at her job justifies it it.?

I've heard excuses for racism all my life.Nothing changes,the excuses remain the same and the hate will never stop.Such is the world.Suck it up,i do ,it makes you stronger "

The reports never said racial abuse just abuse and as said most abuse she receives has nothing to do with the colour of her skin but more to do with her complete incompetence and ineptitude.

I've heard excuses for racism all my life.Nothing changes,the excuses remain the same and the hate will never stop.Such is the world.Suck it up,i do ,it makes you stronger

The reports never said racial abuse just abuse and as said most abuse she receives has nothing to do with the colour of her skin but more to do with her complete incompetence and ineptitude."

You just can't help pretending it's not racism can you. Here's a juicy fact.Excluding Diane Abbott, black and Asian women MPs in Westminster received 35 per cent more abusive tweets than white women MPs.Arr you suggesting only white people are competent and black an Asian women aren't.

derby

The reports never said racial abuse just abuse and as said most abuse she receives has nothing to do with the colour of her skin but more to do with her complete incompetence and ineptitude. You just can't help pretending it's not racism can you. Here's a juicy fact.Excluding Diane Abbott, black and Asian women MPs in Westminster received 35 per cent more abusive tweets than white women MPs.Arr you suggesting only white people are competent and black an Asian women aren't."

No i am saying that only 35% of the tweets can definitively be cassed as racist , and no there are plenty of incompetent politicians of all races , emily thornberry ,ed mc donnell, and jeremy corbyn to name a few

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's silly to try to pretend that racism doesn't drive a lot of hate speech and behaviour in the UK. It's tragic that anyone could be so hate filled, when you learn the disgusting things that are said to people such as Diane Abbott.

[Removed by poster at 22/04/18 15:15:22]

» Add a new message to this topic