FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Mugabe resigns

Mugabe resigns

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

About time. Better than being forced out like the cat at the end of the flintstones cartoons

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hechairman18Man  over a year ago

Salford Quays , Manchester

I would say to the people of Zimbabwe,

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

Too many people with their noses in the trough, will not be willing to give it all up, and quietly walk away.

"I would say to the people of Zimbabwe,

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

Too many people with their noses in the trough, will not be willing to give it all up, and quietly walk away."

celebrations are a bit too early

By *ubble troubleCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

The same vicious thugs that have happily been in his government for the past umpteen years have taken over. The only reason he was ousted is because he tried to make his wife the next leader.

By *angwe1Man  over a year ago

Perth

These same people have been pulling Mugabe's strings for years.

In who's interest is it to keep those same people in power, China perhaps ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I really hope that the highly deserving citizens do not get let down, with a continuation of the abominations there or worse.

Mugabe should have the £multi-millions that he has taken fully repaid to the country or prison for him and his wife.

They have stashes around the world, whilst people suffer

"I really hope that the highly deserving citizens do not get let down, with a continuation of the abominations there or worse.

Mugabe should have the £multi-millions that he has taken fully repaid to the country or prison for him and his wife.

They have stashes around the world, whilst people suffer "

Agree. Should be tried by the UN.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Same party, same army, same gang of thugs.....different public face.

No change here!

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Well I’m delighted he has gone, of course it is too early to be clear about what the country will look like, but of course people should be celebrating & being hopeful

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"Same party, same army, same gang of thugs.....different public face.

No change here!"

Though hopefully the new guy will retain Mugabe's tailor

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Anyone else think Robert Mugabe was acting like those old people who refuse to get evicted and sent to the old folks home? Or was it just me?

"Anyone else think Robert Mugabe was acting like those old people who refuse to get evicted and sent to the old folks home? Or was it just me? "

Maybe he was just waiting for the deal that would ensure his and his families safety before stepping down ?

I know I would have

No change here!"

This new guy taking over was mugabe's top henchmen

No change here!

This new guy taking over was mugabe's top henchmen "

The poor people will still get shafted no matter who takes over.

It’s such a currupt country

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Anyone else think Robert Mugabe was acting like those old people who refuse to get evicted and sent to the old folks home? Or was it just me?

Maybe he was just waiting for the deal that would ensure his and his families safety before stepping down ?

I know I would have "

But you have a soul, Mugabe doesn’t

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Where have they got this new guy from? Id be pissed off if they got a new leader in my country without an election.

"Where have they got this new guy from? Id be pissed off if they got a new leader in my country without an election. "
It would never happen here.

By *oyce69Man  over a year ago

Driffield

"Where have they got this new guy from? Id be pissed off if they got a new leader in my country without an election. "

He was vice president until Mugabe sacked him so his wife could take over.

salisbury

"Where have they got this new guy from? Id be pissed off if they got a new leader in my country without an election.

He was vice president until Mugabe sacked him so his wife could take over."

Where's he been?

and there's me thinking our constitution made it a legal requirement for every other prime minister to be unelected

salisbury

"Where have they got this new guy from? Id be pissed off if they got a new leader in my country without an election.

and there's me thinking our constitution made it a legal requirement for every other prime minister to be unelected "

Well, you must be used to being wrong by now

and there's me thinking our constitution made it a legal requirement for every other prime minister to be unelected

Well, you must be used to being wrong by now "

ah ... it must be coincidence that every other prime minister for three decades has been unelected then

salisbury

ah ... it must be coincidence that every other prime minister for three decades has been unelected then "

So...you do think that our constitution effects other countries? Blimy. (it doesn't)

ah ... it must be coincidence that every other prime minister for three decades has been unelected then

So...you do think that our constitution effects other countries? "

where did i say that?

salisbury

So...you do think that our constitution effects other countries?

where did i say that? "

Dry your eyes mate.

So...you do think that our constitution effects other countries?

where did i say that?

Dry your eyes mate. "

you stopped making sense a couple of post ago

It has been long since proven that Zimbabwean elections are rigged. Considering the human rights violations, torture etc that the world has turned a blind eye to for the past 37 years do you think this is the main issue at hand?

I don't remember us being asked to vote for Thersa May either...

No change here!

Though hopefully the new guy will retain Mugabe's tailor "

No apparently Elton John wants his jacket back. It's all going wrong at once for Bob.

and there's me thinking our constitution made it a legal requirement for every other prime minister to be unelected "

We don’t elect prime ministers....we never have. We elect representative MPs for our constituency. The largest/ruling party elect a leader to act as PM. It’s quite simple really.

Though as it goes the last two changes of Tory PM (May/Major) have gone to the polls and their party has been re-elected. The last two changes of labour PM (Brown/Callaghan) have NOT.

"It has been long since proven that Zimbabwean elections are rigged. Considering the human rights violations, torture etc that the world has turned a blind eye to for the past 37 years do you think this is the main issue at hand?

I don't remember us being asked to vote for Thersa May either..."

Did you miss the last election then? Or maybe you don’t live in her constituency? There was an election this year. Tories got more votes and more MPs than other parties. I don’t get your point?

By *oyce69Man  over a year ago

Driffield

He was vice president until Mugabe sacked him so his wife could take over.

Where's he been? "

He fled to South Africa after he was sacked in November claiming he had received death threats.

"It has been long since proven that Zimbabwean elections are rigged. Considering the human rights violations, torture etc that the world has turned a blind eye to for the past 37 years do you think this is the main issue at hand?

I don't remember us being asked to vote for Thersa May either...

Did you miss the last election then? Or maybe you don’t live in her constituency? There was an election this year. Tories got more votes and more MPs than other parties. I don’t get your point?"

I am referring to the fact that the people of Zimbabwe did not vote for Mugabe's replacement. The ruling party inserted their candidate. Just like the tories did.

» Add a new message to this topic