FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Royal engagement and bad news

Royal engagement and bad news

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seemingly, 20 minutes after the engagement was announced, the government released the news benefits are to be frozen for a year.

I'm not political, I wish the couple well (although I fear a bit their happy world on the edge of the thing that is Royal mania will change) and releasing unpopular measures or news right after a major event which distracts attention, is not new, I think it's cynical manipulation and degrades and taints, rather, someone else's happiness.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I refer you to 23rd June....when the benefit freeze was announced to continue!

Today a question was asked as to if it would continue now inflation has hit three percent. The continued freeze was confirmed...but not announced!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/benefits-freeze-uk-continue-david-gauke-tory-mp-welfare-pensions-despite-inflation-a7805256.html

Just in case anyone wants the link.

Saying it was “announced” today is just another classic “fake news” item.

"Seemingly, 20 minutes after the engagement was announced, the government released the news benefits are to be frozen for a year.

I'm not political, I wish the couple well (although I fear a bit their happy world on the edge of the thing that is Royal mania will change) and releasing unpopular measures or news right after a major event which distracts attention, is not new, I think it's cynical manipulation and degrades and taints, rather, someone else's happiness."

Used to cover up what should be a major discussion point...the tories are clever at that

yep ... they really pick their moment to make these new anouncements about shite policy decisions don't they

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Seemingly, 20 minutes after the engagement was announced, the government released the news benefits are to be frozen for a year.

I'm not political, I wish the couple well (although I fear a bit their happy world on the edge of the thing that is Royal mania will change) and releasing unpopular measures or news right after a major event which distracts attention, is not new, I think it's cynical manipulation and degrades and taints, rather, someone else's happiness.

Used to cover up what should be a major discussion point...the tories are clever at that "

All parties do it,nothing to do with the tories,it happens in companies to if you have been in management

Used to cover up what should be a major discussion point...the tories are clever at that All parties do it,nothing to do with the tories,it happens in companies to if you have been in management"

I dont know if you've noticed...but we have a Tory government

Large organisations have been doing it for a long time and I'm not suggesting the present government invented the idea (but the party might well have done way back) but it's still a sneaky way to govern.

If it's fake news, as it sounds it is, I'm sorry for continuing that however, the principle stands

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Same old tory tactics

Totally agree these tactics are shameful.

Used by all parties for decades. Maybe more so by the Tory scum.... but NOT in this case...there was no announcement this time.

The announcement was in June by the Secretary of State concerned. See the link I posted above and let’s end this pointless discussion for this time.

mind you, announcing this news yesterday under the cover of royal bollox is an age old tory tactic

"mind you, announcing this news yesterday under the cover of royal bollox is an age old tory tactic"

and no other political party would do the same

cos their so upstanding public servants

these tories and their tricks

"mind you, announcing this news yesterday under the cover of royal bollox is an age old tory tactic"

It was “announced” on 23rd June as stated above.

A question was asked yesterday and confirmation given....there was NO announcement!

this bombshell announcement about benefits yesterday is bad news

It wasn't a bombshell announcement though was it

No getting away from it, though. It's been done before by the government economy and it is despicable

"No getting away from it, though. It's been done before by the government economy and it is despicable"

especially when they want to announce some unexpected news like this benefit freeze announcement yesterday

I can image the commentry...

"Well the brexit bill is settled and we have to pay..

Oohh doesn't the lovely couple look radient!.. (50)

Is that will n (billion) kate in the other (quid), yes it is..

» Add a new message to this topic