FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Blue passports

Blue passports

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oi_Lucy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barbados

... oh Centy and Emma you must be overjoyed at this great news. Those fine people at the Sun have been victorious in their crusade to cure us patriotic British people the sheer embarrassment and humiliation of having to have a red passport rather than a blue one.

Now that that is sorted (what a great Christmas present!) we can get on with some of the less important things like working out how we can actually keep our planes in the air so we can fly to Magluf (shame about all those foreigners there! I had to shout ‘egg and chips, Pedro!’ Really loud last time), or our currency becoming worthless.

Rule Brittania!

-Matt

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I couldn’t care less if mine is purple with orange spots

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"... oh Centy and Emma you must be overjoyed at this great news. Those fine people at the Sun have been victorious in their crusade to cure us patriotic British people the sheer embarrassment and humiliation of having to have a red passport rather than a blue one.

Now that that is sorted (what a great Christmas present!) we can get on with some of the less important things like working out how we can actually keep our planes in the air so we can fly to Magluf (shame about all those foreigners there! I had to shout ‘egg and chips, Pedro!’ Really loud last time), or our currency becoming worthless.

Rule Brittania!

-Matt"

Hardly surprising - blue gives the Tories the satisfaction of all those labour supporters having to carry a blue passport. Personally the colour should be non political - Brown would be a safe choice.

Brown like the sh1t we could be dropping ourselves in?

considering that the brextremists voted leave because don't like foreigners, they won't need to apply for a passport anyway

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

No one under the age of 45 has ever had a blue UK passport. I certainly haven't. I'm quite happy with my burgundy passport.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

What a total waste of money ....families are relying on food banks because the benefits system is messed up ...yet the colour of a passport is important ..... disgraceful .

The colour is irrelevant.

I think the main gripe is that it will be a British passport without the words European Union on the cover.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"The colour is irrelevant.

I think the main gripe is that it will be a British passport without the words European Union on the cover."

and still have a boimetrics barcode inside side so europol/mi5/cia can track your movements but dont worry we are free cos there blue

Mine will be going into a black jacket with a skull and crossbones on it.

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

Not a Cornish one then Bob

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

I reckon you should get to decide which cover you want like those old credit cards you could decide which design. Keep everyone happy then.

Cambridge

I think the white and gold emergency passport looks best.

Barbados

"considering that the brextremists voted leave because don't like foreigners, they won't need to apply for a passport anyway "

No, no, no. You don’t understand. We are allowed to go to other places (just so long as they don’t try and serve us any of that foreign muck). We just don’t like foreigners coming here and working in our NHS and picking our crops.

-Matt

"Not a Cornish one then Bob "
Only in my dreams land lubber.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"considering that the brextremists voted leave because don't like foreigners, they won't need to apply for a passport anyway

No, no, no. You don’t understand. We are allowed to go to other places (just so long as they don’t try and serve us any of that foreign muck). We just don’t like foreigners coming here and working in our NHS and picking our crops.

-Matt"

ffs get a grip the old shit about leavers being racist is bollocks and you know it your better than that I hope it's just a colour on a passport big deal it works the same as the old one you do know that lol

Cambridge

"considering that the brextremists voted leave because don't like foreigners, they won't need to apply for a passport anyway

-Matt ffs get a grip the old shit about leavers being racist is bollocks and you know it your better than that I hope it's just a colour on a passport big deal it works the same as the old one you do know that lol"

So lets keep it the same as it has been my entire lifetime then

"The colour is irrelevant.

I think the main gripe is that it will be a British passport without the words European Union on the cover.and still have a boimetrics barcode inside side so europol/mi5/cia can track your movements but dont worry we are free cos there blue "

The CIA are always mad interested in the movements of English Stag parties throughout the Costa del Sol.

Barbados

-Matt ffs get a grip the old shit about leavers being racist is bollocks and you know it your better than that I hope it's just a colour on a passport big deal it works the same as the old one you do know that lol"

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Yes, it works the same as the old one. The colour is pretty much irrelevant. Apart from the leaver snowflakes that feel their Britishness has somehow been put upon because the UK decided to go with a red passport years ago and despite being completely able to change it if they wanted to decided to whip up some bullshit and blame it on the nasty EU instead. But don’t fear, The Sun will save the day!

And no, not all leavers are racist. I know that. To think that a group of people would judge the function of something based on its colour is, of course, absurd.

-Matt

Very well said!

thornaby

It's just a passport wether it's burgandy red blue or yellow it does the same job Makes no difference to me but some of the over the top posts WOW LOL

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"It's just a passport wether it's burgandy red blue or yellow it does the same job Makes no difference to me but some of the over the top posts WOW LOL"

This. There seems to be much sucking of sour grapes by remoaners on this thread, typical over the top hysterical reactions from them. Merry Christmas

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Actually the colour is quite important.

There are red blue green and black and the colour is significant as you travel the world. The colour of your passport determines how you are treated as you pass through passport control and immigration. Red happens to be the best colour to hold. The countries with free access to the most countries in the world have red passports. Blue places you firmly in the US camp and therefore makes you a target in many countries. Green is the colour used by most Islamic states and also make people carrying green passports a target at border posts, black is mainly used by African and 3rd world states and also attracts unwelcome attention in many places.

So by changing our passport colour back to TRUE BRITISH BLUE we have just made ourselves even more of a target because we can now be spotted anywhere we need to show a passport without even opening our mouths!

Rule Britannia, we really know how to shaft ourselves in the name of taking back control!

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Well I for one think this is a good thing as it will also bring back that other great British institution of queuing...for 4 hours...with a baby wailing as the queue turns and snakes back on itself 8 times. The Sun can run a token collect competition to win a quick queue priority wristband like you get at Alton Towers.

Barbados

"It's just a passport wether it's burgandy red blue or yellow it does the same job Makes no difference to me but some of the over the top posts WOW LOL

This. There seems to be much sucking of sour grapes by remoaners on this thread, typical over the top hysterical reactions from them. Merry Christmas "

Over the top? Hysterical? You really do like dealing in extremes don’t you?

It is quite funny watching it try to turn around a story about leavers celebrating yet another victory over something useless and that we were always able to change and trying to pin it on remainers and call it ‘sour grapes’.

-Matt

"Well I for one think this is a good thing as it will also bring back that other great British institution of queuing...for 4 hours...with a baby wailing as the queue turns and snakes back on itself 8 times. The Sun can run a token collect competition to win a quick queue priority wristband like you get at Alton Towers."
Brexiters only holiday in the UK because they are the only true patriots. The ques will be worse for foreigners entering the land of hope and glory.

Cannock

"It's just a passport wether it's burgandy red blue or yellow it does the same job Makes no difference to me but some of the over the top posts WOW LOL

This. There seems to be much sucking of sour grapes by remoaners on this thread, typical over the top hysterical reactions from them. Merry Christmas

It is quite funny watching it try to turn around a story about leavers celebrating yet another victory over something useless and that we were always able to change and trying to pin it on remainers and call it ‘sour grapes’.

-Matt"

Yes over the top and hysterical applies very well to you on this thread. I found out about this news last night on the press preview show on the BBC and sky news channel, but did I post a 'victory' thread about it? No I didn't. You posted this bitter moany thread about it and that suggests you are the one who has a bee in his bonnet about this not me.

"

-Matt"

Your comments above about serving us any of that foreign muck, foreigners coming here and working in our NHS and picking our crops sounded over the top and hysterical to me.

Bournemouth

"

-Matt

Your comments above about serving us any of that foreign muck, foreigners coming here and working in our NHS and picking our crops sounded over the top and hysterical to me.

"

Poll on sky news thread say 60% couldent give a fuck about the colour

I see the kippers feathers are ruffled again

thornaby

"Well I for one think this is a good thing as it will also bring back that other great British institution of queuing...for 4 hours...with a baby wailing as the queue turns and snakes back on itself 8 times. The Sun can run a token collect competition to win a quick queue priority wristband like you get at Alton Towers. Brexiters only holiday in the UK because they are the only true patriots. The ques will be worse for foreigners entering the land of hope and glory. "
lmao bob when did you do that poll about the traveling habits f leave voters then I wouldn't dream of holidaying in the UK I love the sun to much lol

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

[Removed by poster at 22/12/17 14:46:12]

upton wirral

"... oh Centy and Emma you must be overjoyed at this great news. Those fine people at the Sun have been victorious in their crusade to cure us patriotic British people the sheer embarrassment and humiliation of having to have a red passport rather than a blue one.

Rule Brittania!

-Matt"

Yes I am delighted with this news a wonderfull Christmas present and my passport is up for renewal in 2019.As for the rest it is just scaremongery there will be no problems happy Christmas

upton wirral

"No one under the age of 45 has ever had a blue UK passport. I certainly haven't. I'm quite happy with my burgundy passport. "
I have had a British passport and I am ashamed of the maroon one

upton wirral

"considering that the brextremists voted leave because don't like foreigners, they won't need to apply for a passport anyway "
That is a discusting and very ignorant thing to say,your the rascist round here your a disgrace

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 22/12/17 14:56:29]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It could be kept as it is, in case we fail even more and retain fuller free movement for even longer, letting us all immigrate freely in to each others countries, via the same faster moving queues.

At least none of the £350 million per week is going to be diverted from the NHS to pay for this.

"No one under the age of 45 has ever had a blue UK passport. I certainly haven't. I'm quite happy with my burgundy passport. I have had a British passport and I am ashamed of the maroon one"

I'm certain you could have bought a blue passport sleeve for under a tenner.

Probably was a better idea than fucking the entire country as hard as possible.

"Well I for one think this is a good thing as it will also bring back that other great British institution of queuing...for 4 hours...with a baby wailing as the queue turns and snakes back on itself 8 times. The Sun can run a token collect competition to win a quick queue priority wristband like you get at Alton Towers. Brexiters only holiday in the UK because they are the only true patriots. The ques will be worse for foreigners entering the land of hope and glory. lmao bob when did you do that poll about the traveling habits f leave voters then I wouldn't dream of holidaying in the UK I love the sun to much lol"
You can keep your paella and ciabatta bread and sand that's to hot to walk on.You should be on the white cliffs eating fish chips in the drizzle watching spitfires fly over head if you loved your country in these patriotic times.

thornaby

Wow the bus again was waiting for the falling of the cliff lol bob enem yr beck of the woods is to cold for me I need the real hot weather to make up for the one week

Of Summer I get up here

moston

"At least none of the £350 million per week is going to be diverted from the NHS to pay for this."

True, that's already gone due to the loss of value in the £...

"considering that the brextremists voted leave because don't like foreigners, they won't need to apply for a passport anyway That is a discusting and very ignorant thing to say,your the rascist round here your a disgrace"

Said the person judging a passport by its colour.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Any one know if you can renew a passport early before march 2019 as want to keep our European passport as ours finishes in 2021 as long as we can even if the rules change.

Dont want to have a British passport prefer to be classed as European not British.

thornaby

You do know we are coming out of the EU not Europe don't you ?

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Any one know if you can renew a passport early before march 2019 as want to keep our European passport as ours finishes in 2021 as long as we can even if the rules change.

Dont want to have a British passport prefer to be classed as European not British. "

Good question. I've been wondering that as well. Want to maximise the use of the EU channels and not have to queue in the Rest of the World channel for as long as possible.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

We meant the EU. Lol

"You do know we are coming out of the EU not Europe don't you ? "

moston

This forum is so funny at times, and I mean quite ridiculous. We seem to have 3 sets of people one (the brexiteers) who want a blue passport because its British, another who want a red one because it is European (the remoaners) and a third who seem to think the colour does not matter.

I spend the time to type a post explaining what the colours signify and why they matter. And how the colour of a passport not only effects safety but also ease of travelling abroad not one single person picks on this issue.

I am seriously coming to the conclusion that many here really need minders, and as I am sure that this forum accurately reflect society at large I am reaching the conclusion that really the vast majority of the UKs population should not be allowed cross a road without supervision let alone leave the country.

By *ostaCostaCouple  over a year ago

Spain

Remainers - just buy burgundy coloured covers for your passports - That way you can pretend you are still in the EU

And you can condescendingly look down on your fellow nationals with blue passports

It will help give you a false sense of feeling both superior and knowledgeable and will give you something to moan and feel bitter about ..... Oh wait!!!

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Remainers - just buy burgundy coloured covers for your passports - That way you can pretend you are still in the EU

And you can condescendingly look down on your fellow nationals with blue passports

It will help give you a false sense of feeling both superior and knowledgeable and will give you something to moan and feel bitter about ..... Oh wait!!!

"

lol,now that is very funny ??

"This forum is so funny at times, and I mean quite ridiculous. We seem to have 3 sets of people one (the brexiteers) who want a blue passport because its British, another who want a red one because it is European (the remoaners) and a third who seem to think the colour does not matter.

I spend the time to type a post explaining what the colours signify and why they matter. And how the colour of a passport not only effects safety but also ease of travelling abroad not one single person picks on this issue.

I am seriously coming to the conclusion that many here really need minders, and as I am sure that this forum accurately reflect society at large I am reaching the conclusion that really the vast majority of the UKs population should not be allowed cross a road without supervision let alone leave the country.

"

Sorry, were we all expected to comment on your explanation?

According to an interview on the radio the blue cover first started in 1915 when a new passport format was introduced with a single sheet folded into eight with a cardboard cover.

This cover happened to be blue. So historically it has nothing to do with the safety or ease of travel.

You are right, with a blue passport it will be easy to get singled out when you get hijacked by terrorists and asked to hold it up. But that is a risk we all have to take, if of course our minders allow us to leave the country.

Currently on a British passport you can visit 159 countries without a visa. With a US passport that number drops to 157 countries, along with Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Switzerland.

Again the colour makes it easier to identify but it is the name of the country on the front that counts. In fact a US passport holder can visit more countries visa-free than 11 EU member states.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

-Matt ffs get a grip the old shit about leavers being racist is bollocks and you know it your better than that I hope it's just a colour on a passport big deal it works the same as the old one you do know that lol

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Yes, it works the same as the old one. The colour is pretty much irrelevant. Apart from the leaver snowflakes that feel their Britishness has somehow been put upon because the UK decided to go with a red passport years ago and despite being completely able to change it if they wanted to decided to whip up some bullshit and blame it on the nasty EU instead. But don’t fear, The Sun will save the day!

And no, not all leavers are racist. I know that. To think that a group of people would judge the function of something based on its colour is, of course, absurd.

-Matt"

You forgot to also say that all BREXITers don't go around intimidating and murdering MPs either. So, just so as every else knows that not all BREXITers are actually intimidating, racist murders I thought I mention it.

Widnes

-Matt ffs get a grip the old shit about leavers being racist is bollocks and you know it your better than that I hope it's just a colour on a passport big deal it works the same as the old one you do know that lol

Very well said! "

Correct. I think it's extremely important that, despite the evidence to the contry, we all make a continuous effort to remind people that not all BREXIRers are dangerous, mindless, intimidating, MP murdering, idiots who seem to think that the colour of their passport is more important than its fundamentally; and we shouldn't judge them all by who they choose stand next to and with.

moston

"Sorry, were we all expected to comment on your explanation?

According to an interview on the radio the blue cover first started in 1915 when a new passport format was introduced with a single sheet folded into eight with a cardboard cover.

This cover happened to be blue. So historically it has nothing to do with the safety or ease of travel.

You are right, with a blue passport it will be easy to get singled out when you get hijacked by terrorists and asked to hold it up. But that is a risk we all have to take, if of course our minders allow us to leave the country.

Currently on a British passport you can visit 159 countries without a visa. With a US passport that number drops to 157 countries, along with Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Switzerland.

Again the colour makes it easier to identify but it is the name of the country on the front that counts. In fact a US passport holder can visit more countries visa-free than 11 EU member states."

You are correct in what say, but the fact is over the last century the general geopolitical identification by passport colour has grown up and is now internationally recognised by border control officers. The best colour passport to hold is red, and probably the best passport in the world to hold is bright red (Switzerland). Fact is blue passports are high value targets...

We are adopting and aligning ourselves with Israel and the USA! Now regardless of your domestic or international politics you have to admit that those are the two most hated countries in the world, and to me doing that is an act of hubris.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Diversion tactic again, let the peasants talk about passports rather than real issues

Widnes

"You do know we are coming out of the EU not Europe don't you ? "

You do know that, due to regularity alignment, we're not actually leaving the EU or Europe, just giving up control over making the rules.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

I'm going to get a nice burgundy cover for my new blue passport!

Cannock

Again the colour makes it easier to identify but it is the name of the country on the front that counts. In fact a US passport holder can visit more countries visa-free than 11 EU member states.

You are correct in what say, but the fact is over the last century the general geopolitical identification by passport colour has grown up and is now internationally recognised by border control officers. The best colour passport to hold is red, and probably the best passport in the world to hold is bright red (Switzerland). Fact is blue passports are high value targets...

We are adopting and aligning ourselves with Israel and the USA! Now regardless of your domestic or international politics you have to admit that those are the two most hated countries in the world, and to me doing that is an act of hubris."

At least that makes a change from you telling everyone how hated Russia is (and they have red passports for the record). India has blue passports so have have we aligned ourselves with them too? Besides in case you hadn't kept up on current events having red/Burgundy passports didn't stop those terrorist attacks happening in France, Belgium and Germany over the last couple of years where predominantly French, Belgian and German nationals were targeted. The geopolitical dynamic has shifted and all Western citizens are targets of Radical fundamentalist extremist Islamists regardless of what colour passport they hold.

Bournemouth

You are correct in what say, but the fact is over the last century the general geopolitical

Widentification by passport colour has grown up and is now internationally recognised by border control officers. The best colour passport to hold is red, and probably the best passport in the world to hold is bright red (Switzerland). Fact is blue passports are high value targets...

We are adopting and aligning ourselves with Israel and the USA! Now regardless of your domestic or international politics you have to admit that those are the two most hated countries in the world, and to me doing that is an act of hubris.

At least that makes a change from you telling everyone how hated Russia is (and they have red passports for the record). India has blue passports so have have we aligned ourselves with them too? Besides in case you hadn't kept up on current events having red/Burgundy passports didn't stop those terrorist attacks happening in France, Belgium and Germany over the last couple of years where predominantly French, Belgian and German nationals were targeted. The geopolitical dynamic has shifted and all Western citizens are targets of Radical fundamentalist extremist Islamists regardless of what colour passport they hold. "

More utter bollocks from the kipper

God you make me laugh !!!!!!

Barbados

-Matt

Yes over the top and hysterical applies very well to you on this thread. I found out about this news last night on the press preview show on the BBC and sky news channel, but did I post a 'victory' thread about it? No I didn't. You posted this bitter moany thread about it and that suggests you are the one who has a bee in his bonnet about this not me. "

It's not a moany thread. I'm taking the piss out of daft cunts who think that changing the colour of their passport back to blue is a 'victory'.

I'm laughing at you.

And even more so now from the fantastically predictable replies from you. And Emma. I find it amazing that someone can have the guts to be a TV (I know enough TV/TSs to know this is not the easiest path to take in life) and yet be ashamed by the colour of their passport.

And for anyone else who didn't realise my OP was satire. Sorry to have worried you.

-Matt

"What a total waste of money ....families are relying on food banks because the benefits system is messed up ...yet the colour of a passport is important ..... disgraceful ."

There is a zero money cost to this. New biometric passport were already coming in from 2019. The only change will be tge colour and printing on the cover. As blue ink and burgundy ink coat the same then there is no nett cost to the exchequer. Fact.

The other issues around brexit May be a great financial cost...but NOT this one.

Cannock

-Matt

Yes over the top and hysterical applies very well to you on this thread. I found out about this news last night on the press preview show on the BBC and sky news channel, but did I post a 'victory' thread about it? No I didn't. You posted this bitter moany thread about it and that suggests you are the one who has a bee in his bonnet about this not me.

It's not a moany thread. I'm taking the piss out of daft cunts who think that changing the colour of their passport back to blue is a 'victory'.

I'm laughing at you.

And even more so now from the fantastically predictable replies from you. And Emma. I find it amazing that someone can have the guts to be a TV (I know enough TV/TSs to know this is not the easiest path to take in life) and yet be ashamed by the colour of their passport.

And for anyone else who didn't realise my OP was satire. Sorry to have worried you.

-Matt"

Every post of yours on this thread reeks of bitterness.

Bournemouth

-Matt

I'm laughing at you.

-Matt

Every post of yours on this thread reeks of bitterness. "

And every post of yours is lies nearly every poster on here that doesn’t agree with your lies and xenophobic UKIP vomit is disgusted with your comments lies lies and more lies put a fucking sock in it

Barbados

-Matt

I'm laughing at you.

-Matt

Every post of yours on this thread reeks of bitterness. "

Am I pissed off that our democracy had been subverted and a vocal minority of the population are dragging the rest of the country into a needlessly wasteful, expensive and socially and politically damaging quagmire. Yes of course I am.

Is that what you call ‘bitterness’?

-Matt

Bournemouth

-Matt

I'm laughing at you.

-Matt

Am I pissed off that our democracy had been subverted and a vocal minority of the population are dragging the rest of the country into a needlessly wasteful, expensive and socially and politically damaging quagmire. Yes of course I am.

-Matt"

Spot on Matt it’s a fucking mess

By *oubepoMan  over a year ago

Spain Portugal France

-Matt

I'm laughing at you.

-Matt

-Matt"

Read back your post and decide how bitter and twisted you sound

Barbados

-Matt

I'm laughing at you.

-Matt

-Matt

Read back your post and decide how bitter and twisted you sound "

*shrug*

Doesn't sound bitter and twisted at all to me, to be honest.

Unless of course you thought that the satirical lines of 'cure us patriotic British people the sheer embarrassment and humiliation of having to have a red passport rather than a blue one.' were what I actually thought, rather than me parodying the comments section of The Sun newspaper's reporting of this? Then I could see that. But it is pretty clear I voted to remain and couldn't give a fuck about our passport colour. Or The Sun's crusade.

-Matt

Spain Portugal France

-Matt

I'm laughing at you.

-Matt

-Matt

*shrug*

Unless of course you thought that the satirical lines of 'cure us patriotic British people the sheer embarrassment and humiliation of having to have a red passport rather than a blue one.' were what I actually thought, rather than me parodying the comments section of The Sun newspaper's reporting of this? Then I could see that. But it is pretty clear I voted to remain and couldn't give a fuck about our passport colour. Or The Sun's crusade.

-Matt"

Let it go Matt, let it go! Put the gun down, it's not worth it - no one cares about the colour except you

If you put the gun down, we can arrange for you to keep your burgundy passport and we'll arrange a helicopter to fly you to ...... Burgundy! ...Just don't hurt anyone!!

Spain Portugal France

-Matt

I'm laughing at you.

-Matt

-Matt

*shrug*

-Matt"

Let it go Matt, let it go! Put the gun down, it's not worth it - no one cares about the colour except you

If you put the gun down, we can arrange for you to keep your burgundy passport and we'll arrange a helicopter to fly you to ...... Burgundy! ...Just don't hurt anyone!!

thornaby

[Removed by poster at 22/12/17 23:47:53]

thornaby

Omg I'm

Howling that was funny lol

Barbados

-Matt

I'm laughing at you.

-Matt

-Matt

*shrug*

-Matt

If you put the gun down, we can arrange for you to keep your burgundy passport and we'll arrange a helicopter to fly you to ...... Burgundy! ...Just don't hurt anyone!! "

Lol. This is going so far over your head it is quite amusing.

-Matt

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"No one under the age of 45 has ever had a blue UK passport. I certainly haven't. I'm quite happy with my burgundy passport. I have had a British passport and I am ashamed of the maroon one"

How can anyone be ashamed by the colour of their passport? Get a grip.....how utterly pathetic

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

"

-Matt

"

I took it as he was joking ... you know sarcasm .... lighten up folks

They was never blue bin the first place...my first passport was a black one

The official colour of the original passports was "Old Blue"....still looks black to me lol

Widnes

"The official colour of the original passports was "Old Blue"....still looks black to me lol "

I've still got mine from 1976. It may officially be called Blue, Navy Blue or Original Blue but it is most definitely black covered with light green pages.

This is unbelievable..one guess who posted it

"

What remainers are not saying though is that this will work both ways and will also apply to EU citizens wanting to come into the UK. The Uk's security will be increased as any criminals wanting to come in from the EU will be flagged up by this system and we can refuse entry to them if we so wish."

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

I saw that. Couldn’t quite fathom the message. It reads like it’s something that would have existed in or out of the Eu.

Just do staycations and throw away your passport if it's going to cause you this much grief. Or emigrate to a country were you won't be ashamed/embarrased/victimised for you passport colour!

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

It is clear that this is just a distraction right?

Here's a new shiny passport on this hand. Yay!

Here's us losing every shred of respect and influence because we will cave in on every single negotiating point of note because if we don't cave into the EU we will cave into the USA and or China because we will be so desperate to do any deal with anybody. You think the EU is mean?

Leaving the EU is one thing, but then utterly failing to any position to unite the country behind, or even one party, or even the the Cabinet?

How are the Leavers doing on that Cognitive bias thread by the way?

Cannock

"It is clear that this is just a distraction right?

Here's us losing every shred of respect and influence because we will cave in on every single negotiating point of note because if we don't cave into the EU we will cave into the USA and or China because we will be so desperate to do any deal with anybody. You think the EU is mean?

Leaving the EU is one thing, but then utterly failing to any position to unite the country behind, or even one party, or even the the Cabinet?

How are the Leavers doing on that Cognitive bias thread by the way? "

Maybe leavers have no interest in playing your silly little games. Your constant badgering of others to participate on your thread looks rather needy and desperate.

Widnes

Maybe leavers have no interest in playing your silly little games. Your constant badgering of others to participate on your thread looks rather needy and desperate. "

Possibly true but I think its far more likely that BREXITers are just to close minded to be able to see any other point of view other than their own. Not that that is the real problem; I struggle to see any positive side to BREXIT argument but at least I tried.

Maybe leavers have no interest in playing your silly little games. Your constant badgering of others to participate on your thread looks rather needy and desperate. "

Desperate...why highlight something we already have control over...that's what baffles me...then blame it on the EU.

Theres even one ardent brexiter in government advocating we charge EU citizens £10 per visa to enter the country....utter madness

Bournemouth

Lies lies and more lies

Audition for would I lie to you would walk it with the bullshit that comes out if your mouth

West London

Actually you said, specifically, that you would explore your cognitive bias when I posted the thread.

I posted the thread.

You must have forgotten. Perhaps you're a politician and say whatever is expedient for your current argument? Possibly you just don't keep your promises or agreements? You would never just lie I'm sure

Cannock

Maybe leavers have no interest in playing your silly little games. Your constant badgering of others to participate on your thread looks rather needy and desperate.

Actually you said, specifically, that you would explore your cognitive bias when I posted the thread.

I posted the thread.

You must have forgotten. Perhaps you're a politician and say whatever is expedient for your current argument? Possibly you just don't keep your promises or agreements? You would never just lie I'm sure "

Actually I specifically said that a cognitive bias thread would be a waste of cyber space on here, which it has been. I may have decided to post on it at some point but your constant needy and desperate badgering of others to participate on it is off putting to say the least. The more you badger the more inclined I am to completely ignore your thread. Even those who have taken the time to post something there you still badger them to post more. Like I said needy and desperate is never a good look on here.

Barbados

"This is unbelievable..one guess who posted it

What remainers are not saying though is that this will work both ways and will also apply to EU citizens wanting to come into the UK. The Uk's security will be increased as any criminals wanting to come in from the EU will be flagged up by this system and we can refuse entry to them if we so wish. "

No idea who, but clearly someone who doesn’t realise we are not in the Schengen zone currently and we already refuse known criminals entry to the country. That said, May has been cutting funding to the U.K. Border Agency, so they might not be as effective as they could be.

-Matt

West London

I posted the thread.

You must have forgotten. Perhaps you're a politician and say whatever is expedient for your current argument? Possibly you just don't keep your promises or agreements? You would never just lie I'm sure

Actually I specifically said that a cognitive bias thread would be a waste of cyber space on here, which it has been. I may have decided to post on it at some point but your constant needy and desperate badgering of others to participate on it is off putting to say the least. The more you badger the more inclined I am to completely ignore your thread. Even those who have taken the time to post something there you still badger them to post more. Like I said needy and desperate is never a good look on here. "

Oh sweetheart, I think you are getting confused again between facts and fantasy

Although for you I understand that any effort to think about someone else's point of you is an utter waste of time because you are ALWAYS right. Clever you

However, I apologise if I am making you feel bullied and vulnerable and scared. It makes me very sad to think that I might have put you in a situation where you might actually have to think for yourself

Of course, in the thread that I started, I might push people to think about what they've written or even, heaven forbid, actually engage with the topic in hand

Oooh look, over there a blue passport that we could have had anyway! See, it's next to the banana regulations

"The regulation applies to unripened green bananas, and thus to growers and wholesalers rather than retailers.[3] The main provisions of the regulation were that bananas sold as unripened, green bananas should be green and unripened, firm and intact, fit for human consumption, not "affected by rotting", clean, free of pests and damage from pests, free from deformation or abnormal curvature, free from bruising, free of any foreign smell or taste.[1] The minimum size (with tolerances and exceptions) is a length of 14 cm and a thickness (grade) of 2.7 cm. It specifies minimum standards for specific quality classifications of bananas (Extra, Class I, Class II).[1] Only Extra class bananas have to comply fully with the shape specifications. Class II bananas, for instance are permitted to have "defects of shape"; Class I bananas are permitted only "slight defects of shape".[1][4] This is not true, however, of the size specifications; sale of bananas below the minimum size is almost always prohibited (with exceptions only for bananas from a few regions where bananas are traditionally smaller).[1]"

and the regulation that doesn't allow jug pint glasses...except that there isn't one. Straight ones just fit better in dishwashers

Tell us another one Centaur, bless your British grown and milled cotton socks

By *ccasionalfunCouple  over a year ago

hereandthere

In 18 months this is all the leavers have to shout about.

500 million to take us back.

It's sad we have to be different from Europe but compared to tho he we have to come it's nothing.

Absolute fuck up on a monumental scale.

We can now wave our passports around and be proud to be those dumb fuckers that left the party but still wanted all the jelly

"No one under the age of 45 has ever had a blue UK passport. I certainly haven't. I'm quite happy with my burgundy passport. "

I'm 43 and had a blue passport

Barbados

"No one under the age of 45 has ever had a blue UK passport. I certainly haven't. I'm quite happy with my burgundy passport.

I'm 43 and had a blue passport "

I'm 40 and I had one of the black passports too. Still got it. I just checked it and it was issued in 1987, I would have been 10 that year. So it is possible at least a 30 year-old would have had one.

-Matt

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

So who went to B&Q for the colour chart? Seems like they can decide on the colour of a passport but not the terms and conditions of Brexit.

They have set up a Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) so our taxes are being spent wisely.

Widnes

I think all those who are jumping with delight about going back to the Old Blue (actually black) passports are going to pretty disappointed when they get their new passport and discover that it looks nothings like their old hard back Old Blue passports, not even the colour, which is going to be a sort of blueish dirty grey, but actually looks almost identical to their current burgundy one.

Cambridge

"No one under the age of 45 has ever had a blue UK passport. I certainly haven't. I'm quite happy with my burgundy passport.

I'm 40 and I had one of the black passports too. Still got it. I just checked it and it was issued in 1987, I would have been 10 that year. So it is possible at least a 30 year-old would have had one.

-Matt"

Children just used to be written in pen in the back of their parents passports. Oh how times have changed!

-Matt"

You mean blue... surely

Apparently it was 1988 we changed over to the burgundy passports, the same year the £1 note was withdrawn.

"I have had a British passport and I am ashamed of the maroon one"

You do know that it's been OUR governments that have decided to use the burgundy colour and it has not been forced upon us by the EU, yes ?

Cambridge

If Brexit is about moving forward, why aren't we using a new colour, instead of looking backwards?

"I have had a British passport and I am ashamed of the maroon one

You do know that it's been OUR governments that have decided to use the burgundy colour and it has not been forced upon us by the EU, yes ?"

No he dosent know....

"If Brexit is about moving forward, why aren't we using a new colour, instead of looking backwards? "

But brexiters dont look forward....its all about Vera lynn ...the white cliffs of dover and the Germans bombing our chippy etc etc

Barbados

"If Brexit is about moving forward, why aren't we using a new colour, instead of looking backwards? "

We are. Rather than black we are going with blue. Like our besties the US.

Or maybe it is really white and gold?

-Matt

Cambridge

"If Brexit is about moving forward, why aren't we using a new colour, instead of looking backwards?

-Matt"

Google "UK Emergency Passport", am I the only one who thinks it looks good?

Widnes

I think, like BREXIT itself, we should have a red, white and blue passport.

Cambridge

"I think, like BREXIT itself, we should have a red, white and blue passport. "

Yes, Red, White and Blue. Distinctly British, no other country would dare to use that same combination of colours on their flag!

"I think, like BREXIT itself, we should have a red, white and blue passport.

Yes, Red, White and Blue. Distinctly British, no other country would dare to use that same combination of colours on their flag! "

Cough; "Hawaii"

Widnes

Yes, Red, White and Blue. Distinctly British, no other country would dare to use that same combination of colours on their flag! "

Not even those pesky French or devious Russians would do that.

Cambridge

Yes, Red, White and Blue. Distinctly British, no other country would dare to use that same combination of colours on their flag!

Not even those pesky French or devious Russians would do that. "

Or the Dutch, Americans, Thais, Costa Ricans, or even the North Koreans!

Barbados

"If Brexit is about moving forward, why aren't we using a new colour, instead of looking backwards?

-Matt

Google "UK Emergency Passport", am I the only one who thinks it looks good? "

Yes, but on a practical note, I’d never find it again. Just like when the changed the MOT certificates to just plain white paper print outs. Oh, now there is a point. Maybe we should get The Sun to campaign that MOT certs should be coloured again too. And I’m sure I heard that sneaky bastard Barnier saying something about wanting to change the colour of our V5 docs if we stayed too

But at least my Aquatresh toothpaste is red white and blue so I can hum Rule Britannia as I brush my teeth in the morning.

-Matt

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Remind me again how much this is costing...

It seems the Tories knew where the "magic money tree" was all along....

-Matt"

It was never black to start with

"Remind me again how much this is costing...

"

Fuck all

Barbados

-Matt

It was never black to start with "

Mine certainly looks black to me. Technically it might be such a dark blue that it is indistinguishable from black. But it certainly isn’t the bright blue The Sun want our new passports to be.

-Matt

Rule Brittania!

-Matt"

Magluf lol

go West dear chap, Go West, never go east

Widnes

Rule Brittania!

-Matt

Magluf lol

go West dear chap, Go West, never go east"

Stag weekends in Benidorm are the best. Can even get watered down warm bear, just like at home.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Fuck all "

I think it's about £450 million more than fuck all.......

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

Fuck all

I think it's about £450 million more than fuck all......."

I haven’t checked sources but I have seen it claimed this is the running costs of updating a passport design... which we do every 5 years anyway ... so may only be a [amortised] cost if we update early ...

Why do people keep on saying that a passport change will cost ?

As has been said already passports will just change when they come up for renewal so will not cost anything as it’s a private company who does the printing ect.

Yet more doom and gloom rubbish

Fuck all

I think it's about £450 million more than fuck all......."

Ok i make more stanableunder... it costs fuck all extra as orrid purple red thing only gets replaced with new blue at expiry

Cambridge

"Why do people keep on saying that a passport change will cost ?

As has been said already passports will just change when they come up for renewal so will not cost anything as it’s a private company who does the printing ect.

Yet more doom and gloom rubbish "

They think a French or German company will get the contract.

"-Matt ffs get a grip the old shit about leavers being racist is bollocks and you know it your better than that I hope it's just a colour on a passport big deal it works the same as the old one you do know that lol"

Unfortunately it doesn't work the same. We will in future need to queue at the non EU traveller immigration desk, and probably pay for a simplified visa. We may be denied entry if we don't have a destination address or sufficient cash for our approved visit.

Not the same at all really... oh and it's the Canadians that approved the passport design btw...

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Good news - Poundland is now selling a blue-coloured jacket for passports for £1

Cancel Brexit, folks!

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"Good news - Poundland is now selling a blue-coloured jacket for passports for £1

Cancel Brexit, folks!"

. Hope they aren't being made in France

» Add a new message to this topic