FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Back to the dark days in Scotland

Back to the dark days in Scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Today in Holyrood Scottish Labour branchs James sit doon Kellys members bill that will repeal the Offensive Behaviour at Football & Threatening Communications Act will be voted on today

Now its not a shock that those against the Football act have no fucking plan on what they will replace it with its just about sticking a middle finger up at the SNP thats all

So what Scottish Labour branch Scottish Tory branch Scottish Lib Dem branch and the Scottish Greens are all saying is they are quite happy to let sectarian bigotry back into Scottish football grounds

Who would want to take their children to the football to hear sectarian bigotry being sung again

Repealing the act rather than improving or replacing it sends completely the wrong message to the bigots who shame us all. Labour supporting bigotry and sectarianism Not one bit shocked

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The Labour party want the law repealed not to stick it to the snp.

Msps want it relaced. It might be a good idea but it was poorly drafted and far to open to interpretation. The Law Society of Scotland warned about the law at the time of the first draft.

The Police reported it was to open to interpretation and put their officers in a difficult position. Police Scotland also noted anyone involved in offesive / bigotted behaiour was covered under the Breach of the Peace laws.

Is there such a big difference in being charged with breach of the Peace or the offensive behaviour act.

I do kind of agree with Nil by Mouth ( pity the snp have withdrawn funding from them )

that their could be a greater stigma by being charged with a bigoted offence but if you are a bigot would you be that worried ???

If a new law is to be drafted hopefully it will be tighter and more understood by everyone as religious bigotry has shame Scotland far too long.

The Council of Elrond

"The Labour party want the law repealed not to stick it to the snp.

Msps want it relaced. It might be a good idea but it was poorly drafted and far to open to interpretation. The Law Society of Scotland warned about the law at the time of the first draft.

The Police reported it was to open to interpretation and put their officers in a difficult position. Police Scotland also noted anyone involved in offesive / bigotted behaiour was covered under the Breach of the Peace laws.

Is there such a big difference in being charged with breach of the Peace or the offensive behaviour act.

I do kind of agree with Nil by Mouth ( pity the snp have withdrawn funding from them )

that their could be a greater stigma by being charged with a bigoted offence but if you are a bigot would you be that worried ???

If a new law is to be drafted hopefully it will be tighter and more understood by everyone as religious bigotry has shame Scotland far too long.

"

Simple question in Scotland what % is against the football act ?

Scottish Labour branch want it repealed but have no idea how to improve or replace it with its point scoring anything to have a dig at SNP

Surely you dont want sectarian songs to be allowed back into football grounds ? Why would parents want to take their children to here such nasty songs ?

Sorry you are looking at this as a point scoring exercise rather than a chance to replace a poorly drafted piece of legislation.

After repeal the SG can't sit down and learn from their mistake and hopefully come out with a new and improved version.

I do go to the football and find plenty of behaiviour I find offensive.

I especially find it offensive at Scotland games when fans chant

Stand up if you hate England.

I fully understand English supporters do the same in reverse but I don't see police Scotland taking action because it is impossible to arrest thousands of supporters !!!!

Kinky stick to sucking cock instead of being a cock! You use every possible opportunity to try and make everything relate to the world against your beloved SNP. Stop being so narrow minded. Take some time out to educate yourself!

The Council of Elrond

"Kinky stick to sucking cock instead of being a cock! You use every possible opportunity to try and make everything relate to the world against your beloved SNP. Stop being so narrow minded. Take some time out to educate yourself!"

Nothing to add to this issue then as i thought

The Council of Elrond

"Sorry you are looking at this as a point scoring exercise rather than a chance to replace a poorly drafted piece of legislation.

After repeal the SG can't sit down and learn from their mistake and hopefully come out with a new and improved version.

I fully understand English supporters do the same in reverse but I don't see police Scotland taking action because it is impossible to arrest thousands of supporters !!!!"

What % is against the football act in Scotland ? Xx

"Sorry you are looking at this as a point scoring exercise rather than a chance to replace a poorly drafted piece of legislation.

I fully understand English supporters do the same in reverse but I don't see police Scotland taking action because it is impossible to arrest thousands of supporters !!!!

What % is against the football act in Scotland ? Xx"

It is as bigoted as rangers and Celtic fans calling each other their bile names for each other.

The Council of Elrond

Anybody

What is the % in Scotland against the fooball act ?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anybody

"

The answer is probably very few... but if it is so open to interpretation then the law isn’t doing the job it is supposed so...

If the courts and the police have said it is too open to do the job it was originally intended to do, then I would be inclined to listen to them rather than use someone wanting to do something about it as yet another points scoring exercise

"Anybody

The answer is probably very few... but if it is so open to interpretation then the law isn’t doing the job it is supposed so...

If the courts and the police have said it is too open to do the job it was originally intended to do, then I would be inclined to listen to them rather than use someone wanting to do something about it as yet another points scoring exercise "

The existing law of breach of the Peace covers everything.

I am not against a new law but it has to be better drafted.

The Council of Elrond

"Anybody

If the courts and the police have said it is too open to do the job it was originally intended to do, then I would be inclined to listen to them rather than use someone wanting to do something about it as yet another points scoring exercise "

Right so today in Holyrood those against are doing so without the support of the public and not acting in the publics interest and its more about point scoring

Nothing from those against not one thing that is piss poor

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anybody

If the courts and the police have said it is too open to do the job it was originally intended to do, then I would be inclined to listen to them rather than use someone wanting to do something about it as yet another points scoring exercise

Right so today in Holyrood those against are doing so without the support of the public and not acting in the publics interest and its more about point scoring

Nothing from those against not one thing that is piss poor"

Actually not true (twisting the truth as per)

The justice committee of the Scottish parliament actually brought out a report last week and actually supports the repeal of the act

And the police have said that even with the repeal everything covered will still be covered under general breach of the peace laws...

People won’t be getting away with something tomorrow that they will today

You here vile bigoted anti catholic songs sung at every rangers game and police do nothing and at celtic you hear pro ira songs so for me its the police not enforcing the law

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Kinky stick to sucking cock instead of being a cock! You use every possible opportunity to try and make everything relate to the world against your beloved SNP. Stop being so narrow minded. Take some time out to educate yourself!"

Cambridge

"You here vile bigoted anti catholic songs sung at every rangers game and police do nothing and at celtic you hear pro ira songs so for me its the police not enforcing the law "

Just ban football, then you wouldn't have these troubles.

"Anybody

Nothing from those against not one thing that is piss poor"

What is the evidence for public support ??

Every right minded person should be discussed by bigotry.

The Law repeal is not condoning these vile acts it is a move hopefully towards better drafted laws.

"You here vile bigoted anti catholic songs sung at every rangers game and police do nothing and at celtic you hear pro ira songs so for me its the police not enforcing the law "

I agree with you completely but it is hard to arrest thousands of people.

I hope the clubs become more proactive in trying to curb this behaiviour but as they make large amounts of money from this tribalisim I doubt

it very much

The Council of Elrond

Anyone care to actually name the % of people against the Football Act ?

If its not fit for purpose as those against it today in Holyrood then surely it will have the publics support ?

This is point scoring and we all know it those against cant even bring forward what they would do different with the act whether its improve it or replace it with something better

Its piss poor to scrap it without anything to replace it with so one can see this is all about having a dig at the SNP making them look bad thats it

But hey what the fuck do i expect from a piss poor MSP in James Kelly he is an embarrassment

The Council of Elrond

The point is if those against think the public is against the football act then should be easy to find then eh ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Anyone care to actually name the % of people against the Football Act ?

If its not fit for purpose as those against it today in Holyrood then surely it will have the publics support ?

This is point scoring and we all know it those against cant even bring forward what they would do different with the act whether its improve it or replace it with something better

Its piss poor to scrap it without anything to replace it with so one can see this is all about having a dig at the SNP making them look bad thats it

But hey what the fuck do i expect from a piss poor MSP in James Kelly he is an embarrassment "

So if the Scottish law courts say it isn’t fit for purpose.... and police Scotland say it isn’t fit for purpose ... and the judicial committee of the Scottish parliament are advocating for its repeal, are you saying that the people who know the law the best should not have their opinions taken into consideration?

"Anyone care to actually name the % of people against the Football Act ?

But hey what the fuck do i expect from a piss poor MSP in James Kelly he is an embarrassment

So if the Scottish law courts say it isn’t fit for purpose.... and police Scotland say it isn’t fit for purpose ... and the judicial committee of the Scottish parliament are advocating for its repeal, are you saying that the people who know the law the best should not have their opinions taken into consideration?"

Sorry but kinky is all about the point scoring not the fact a poor bit of legislation is being repealed and could be replaced by something better.

As it has already been pointed out there are laws already in place that covers offensive behaviour.

The Council of Elrond

Right those on here moaning about the football act as it stands

Can you name one thing those in Holyrood against the football act and purposing to improve or replace it with ?

Surely you can see how daft this is to not even come up with anything new to the table its piss poor

Does it need replaced ???

Breach of the Peace anywhere in or out of a football ground covers it.

Whether if I am at Cappiliow Park or Scuchiehall Street if I shout bigoted abuse I can be arrested for breach !!!

The Council of Elrond

"Does it need replaced ???

Breach of the Peace anywhere in or out of a football ground covers it.

Whether if I am at Cappiliow Park or Scuchiehall Street if I shout bigoted abuse I can be arrested for breach !!!"

Again what is those against the football act proposing in Holyrood today ?

Surely you can see how daft it is

What % of the public are against this ? Where is James Kelly evidence he has public support to repeal the act ?

Cambridge

Some people just don't understand how a representative democracy works

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Right those on here moaning about the football act as it stands

Can you name one thing those in Holyrood against the football act and purposing to improve or replace it with ?

Surely you can see how daft this is to not even come up with anything new to the table its piss poor

"

But you are not seeing the picture for the political points scoring exercise you are on

The Scottish law courts, non political, have said the law as it stands is too open to interpretation so therefore is not fit for purpose

Police Scotland, non political, have said the law as it stands is too open to interpretation and therefore not fit for purpose

The judicial committee of the Scottish parliament, cross party with an snp majority on it, have said it is not fit for purpose and have recommended its repeal

I would say they know more about the ins and outs of this law than the average person on the street....

Again I am asking you should there thoughts on the matter not be taken into consideration

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

In England, the police have extraordinary powers inside and outside football grounds.

Singing Sectarian songs will certainly get you noticed.....if they are deemed to be offensive, then you will most certainly get removed.

The same applies to Homophobic and Racist chants and songs. Continued abuse will be reported on, and the offending club could face sanctions.

The Council of Elrond

Not fit for purpose eh ? Does the public support that call ?

Name one thing that those against the football act will bring forward as either improving or replace it with ? To just repeal with fuck all in place to improve or replace is piss poor

Those against have had nearly 2 years when James Kelly put his name on this and still nothing from them

It has already been explained to you many times.

There are other laws that cover offensive behaviour.

It is a poorly written law.

After repeal the parliment as a whole can work towards replacing it if the parliment think it is needed.

If it is repealed then the democraticly elected members must have a majority to repeal the law.

If the parliment does not put forward a majority it won't be repealed.

Try and think more positively as this law maybe replaced by something better !!!!

The Council of Elrond

"It has already been explained to you many times.

After repeal the parliment as a whole can work towards replacing it if the parliment think it is needed.

If it is repealed then the democraticly elected members must have a majority to repeal the law.

Try and think more positively as this law maybe replaced by something better !!!!

"

Wow you think thats amazing for those MSP that against to simply vote against to repeal the act and having nothing in place on how they would improve or replace the act with ?

Nearly 2 years they have had to bring something better to the table and failed

Does this repeal have public support ? In what % ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

It has police support, it has Scottish law courts support, it has judicial committee support

I think they would have to know the implication and implementation of the law better than the average man on the street

So again, should their opinions not matter, or is it only public opinion that matters?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Wow you think thats amazing for those MSP that against to simply vote against to repeal the act and having nothing in place on how they would improve or replace the act with ?

"

It can only be repealed by a majority! !!!

If parliment thinks it is a good law it will remain !!!!

You keep telling us the snp is the biggest party in Scotland so without snp support the repeal act will fail and it will remain !!!!!

The Council of Elrond

"

It has police support, it has Scottish law courts support, it has judicial committee support

I think they would have to know the implication and implementation of the law better than the average man on the street

So again, should their opinions not matter, or is it only public opinion that matters?"

Thats not what i asked you

Try answering this does it have public support ?

James Kelly went to football grounds and asked a poll so the question i put to you is does it have the support of the public ?

What is it again the are bringing to the table to improve or replace it with ?

I think you are just being obtuse !!!

The act may not need replacing because of breach laws.

So continually asking what is being proposed is just plain stupid !!!!

It can only be replaced with snp support !!!!

The Council of Elrond

It can only be repealed by a majority! !!!

If parliment thinks it is a good law it will remain !!!!

You keep telling us the snp is the biggest party in Scotland so without snp support the repeal act will fail and it will remain !!!!!"

Fucking hell lol

Right Scottish Labour branch Scottish Tory branch Scottish Lib DEm branch and Scottish Greens were all against the football act

If they all vote together that will be 65 to the SNP 63 which means it will be defeated in Holyrood without any improvement or replacing it

This is about having a dig at the SNP nothing more once James Kelly knew he had the unionist support and Greens he thought oh great we can show the SNP up

Its always the fucking say with Scottish Labour branch office they will promise you sunshine and rainbows and deliver fuck all to improve or come up with ideas to replace thing with

Do you really want me to list what the SNP have done for Scotland that Labour fail to do in Wales ?

The greens are usually snp lap dogs !!!!

Many times you have posted about democracy! !!!!

If the law is repealed then it is as Nicola States the democratic will of the parliment.

I did get one thing wrong.

The snp msps won't vote to repeal it whether they think it is a workable law or not.

Simply because they sign a contract not to go against the party or leadership !!!!

The Council of Elrond

"The greens are usually snp lap dogs !!!!

Many times you have posted about democracy! !!!!

If the law is repealed then it is as Nicola States the democratic will of the parliment.

I did get one thing wrong.

The snp msps won't vote to repeal it whether they think it is a workable law or not.

Simply because they sign a contract not to go against the party or leadership !!!!"

Did you not see the Greens give there support the to Scottish Labour branch bill against the football act ?

I hope they vote for the act to remain

So if the vote is repealed what is it you want Nicola to do just scrap it and thats that ? No no those against should have some baws and tell us what they would do to improve it or replace it with but fuck all from them wonder why they are not in government

Remember the snp could only get a mandate for indyref 2 because of green support !!!

If the bill is repealed then surely if parliment want a replacement then it can be redebated! !!

At present it is an unworkable law !!!!

No one is saying it should be the end of the matter.

the snp could very easily bring forward a new improved bill that would have more chance of cross party support.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

So again, should their opinions not matter, or is it only public opinion that matters?

James Kelly went to football grounds and asked a poll so the question i put to you is does it have the support of the public ?

What is it again the are bringing to the table to improve or replace it with ? "

So basically you won’t answer the question..

If it has police support and Scottish law courts support, and judicial committee support

Should that have no bearing on what should happen... or is only the public, who may not have the same scope and knowledge of the law who have a say?

The Council of Elrond

"Remember the snp could only get a mandate for indyref 2 because of green support !!!

If the bill is repealed then surely if parliment want a replacement then it can be redebated! !!

the snp could very easily bring forward a new improved bill that would have more chance of cross party support."

Whats those against bringing forward to replace it with then ? To simply say lets vote to repeal and bring nothing to the table is piss poor

Oh and James Kelly now arguing apparently that ofba is oppressive, but has previously argued everyone lifted under ofba could still be prosecuted at common law.

Yeah and take a guess why no one elected this fanny fucking common law lol that is a fucking embarrassment of an List MSP for thise that dont know what is a list MSP someone thats not elected by the voters

James Kelly should really know Its impossible to be prosecuted under common law for being offensive!!!!! Duh lol

The Council of Elrond

"

What is it again the are bringing to the table to improve or replace it with ?

So basically you won’t answer the question..

If it has police support and Scottish law courts support, and judicial committee support

Should that have no bearing on what should happen... or is only the public, who may not have the same scope and knowledge of the law who have a say?"

Hold on a minute Fabio you are accusing me of not answering a question

Yet when i asked what % of the public is against this act you wont answer try and answer mine

"Remember the snp could only get a mandate for indyref 2 because of green support !!!

the snp could very easily bring forward a new improved bill that would have more chance of cross party support.

Whats those against bringing forward to replace it with then ? To simply say lets vote to repeal and bring nothing to the table is piss poor

Oh and James Kelly now arguing apparently that ofba is oppressive, but has previously argued everyone lifted under ofba could still be prosecuted at common law.

Yeah and take a guess why no one elected this fanny fucking common law lol that is a fucking embarrassment of an List MSP for thise that dont know what is a list MSP someone thats not elected by the voters

James Kelly should really know Its impossible to be prosecuted under common law for being offensive!!!!! Duh lol "

Did you actually understand what I have written ????

Nothing is stopping the snp bringing forward a new and improved bill.

Maybe there has not been anything brought forward as they do not see a need for it.

As I said breach of the Peace covers it !!!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Yet when i asked what % of the public is against this act you wont answer try and answer mine "

I’ll answer yours... I don’t know! Do you have the answer? I assume you do since you keep asking!

So now... give me the same respect and answer mine

The Council of Elrond

James Kelly should really know Its impossible to be prosecuted under common law for being offensive!!!!! Duh lol

Did you actually understand what I have written ????

Nothing is stopping the snp bringing forward a new and improved bill.

Maybe there has not been anything brought forward as they do not see a need for it.

As I said breach of the Peace covers it !!!!"

Why should the SNP its not them that against it its upto those against which none of them have abd piss poor

Also Its impossible to be prosecuted under common law for being offensive!!!!! Duh lol

A breach is unlawful under Scots law!!!!

The Scottish justice comittee recommended repeal of the law.

Five members of the committee are snp msp they could not put up a persusive argument to keep it !!!!

The Council of Elrond

Statutes and Acts are legal instruments. They are not the law of the land.Parliamentary law only serves to take away rights we already possess.This is why they need consent to be law

For example this will be handy to know

The police cannot stop ans search withiut your consent to do so would be unlawful and a breach to their oath

Now i dont know what term is used here but i know same rule applies to the American term "Probable cause"

The Council of Elrond

I dare to challenge something to say i am wrong when i say "Its impossible to be prosecuted under common law for being offensive"

A breach of the peace is unlawful under Scottish law

For a breach of the peace then .. Actual harm or the threat of harm must be caused

Come on people know your laws and statues dont be walked over

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Yet when i asked what % of the public is against this act you wont answer try and answer mine

I’ll answer yours... I don’t know! Do you have the answer? I assume you do since you keep asking!

"

Do you even know the answer to your own question? ... oh and just to make sure you are not pulling figures out of thin air... can you provide a link as well please

Oh.. and I did you the curtesy of answering your question since you asked... now please do the same and answer mine....

Do the police, the Scottish law courts and the judicial committee all not have a right of say an opinion over the law

I just googled breach of the peace in Scotland and yes you can be done for it.

Just to clarify things I phoned my brother in law.

He said many of his arrests are for breach of the peace because it covers almost everything !!

The Council of Elrond

"

Do you even know the answer to your own question? ... oh and just to make sure you are not pulling figures out of thin air... can you provide a link as well please

Oh.. and I did you the curtesy of answering your question since you asked... now please do the same and answer mine....

Do the police, the Scottish law courts and the judicial committee all not have a right of say an opinion over the law "

So you have no clue if the public support repealing the act?

So Fabio do you want the act repealled ?

They have a right to an opinion on it yes but what is the plans to improve or place this act ?

Oh wise Fabio you should really know in Scotland you cant be prosecuted under common law for being offensive for a breach of the peace then .. Actual harm or the threat of harm must be caused correct ?

The Council of Elrond

"I just googled breach of the peace in Scotland and yes you can be done for it.

He said many of his arrests are for breach of the peace because it covers almost everything !!"

Yes you can be done for breach of the peace but you have actual harm or the threat of harm must be caused

You cant be prosecuted under common law for being "offensive" lol

"

Do the police, the Scottish law courts and the judicial committee all not have a right of say an opinion over the law

So you have no clue if the public support repealing the act?

So Fabio do you want the act repealled ?

They have a right to an opinion on it yes but what is the plans to improve or place this act ?

Oh wise Fabio you should really know in Scotland you cant be prosecuted under common law for being offensive for a breach of the peace then .. Actual harm or the threat of harm must be caused correct ?"

The football fans are delighted on the different forums so since this law affects the most I would say it has gone down very well.

Was going to get into this but I despise football, totally detest it, so I wont bother

The Council of Elrond

I see the vote to repeal was 65 to 61

And wee James Kelly saying the Scottish should listen to the will of Parliament

So is it the will of the people ? Remember those MSP represent the people is James Kelly so sure he has the public support prove it then

Cambridge

"Was going to get into this but I despise football, totally detest it, so I wont bother "

Jesus, we agree on something

The Council of Elrond

Just remember this this date as today Scottish Labour branch office tried to get the football act repealed

So with no idea on improving or replacing this act and if it all goes bad do not go blaming the SNP on this ok this lies with the Scottish Labour branch and on James Kelly arse

The Council of Elrond

"I just googled breach of the peace in Scotland and yes you can be done for it.

He said many of his arrests are for breach of the peace because it covers almost everything !!

Yes you can be done for breach of the peace but you have actual harm or the threat of harm must be caused

You cant be prosecuted under common law for being "offensive" lol "

Just to add to this

If I go out in the street and shout fuck fuck fuck fuck shit bastard I cannot be prosecuted for a breach of the peace as under common law you can't be prosecuted for being offensive

Or in that case there would be a lot of people to lock up for swearing and being offensive

For the police to do arrest you you have to actually cause harm or threaten harm to be done for breach of the peace

Know your laws and acts people

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

If it's all about 'public support' and 'will of the people' does that also apply to decisions made by the SNP?

Shutting the childrens ward of the RAH. How much public support was there for that?

Going for an independence referendum. How much support is there for that (given polls show 2/3 are against it)

Merger of British Transport Police with Police Scotland.

How much public support is there for that

Cutting teacher numbers.

How much public support was there for that?

I could go on but that's enough to make the basic point.

The Council of Elrond

Let's be real honest now staying in Glasgow smack bang in the middle in a area where bigotry is really bad between Rangers and Celtic fans

church of Scotland is against dropping this law without replacing it

It's all about the minority bigots and pleasing them

I wonder how many parents will be happy to take their kids to the football now

The Council of Elrond

Oh and btw if you use James Kelly logic that the Scottish government should listen to the will of the Parliament on repealing the football act

Then same rule applies then Scottish government to listen and act on the will of Parliament on the section 30 order correct ?

There are lots of laws that don't have public support out there I for one would like to see all pedos hung drawn and quartered and am sure just about everyone would support that laws are never about public support and that can be seen on a daily basis as life does not mean life usually it's about 10 years so if you think having some stupid law that really makes no difference to other laws we have in place to deal with these sort of issues then you are mad it's the police that need to enforce the laws already in place

The Council of Elrond

Just to show you how daft it is repealing this act is

You have a Rangers fan put this on his Twitter. " Yasss now we can belt out the Billy boys and the famine song for 90mins

Those that voted to repeal the football act done so to give assholes like him a chance to sing these songs again as those against couldn't be even arsed to bring forward ideas on how to improve it or replace it with something else

Just remember this was Scottish Labour branch office that gave power to these assholes to sing sectarian songs again

Shame on them

"Was going to get into this but I despise football, totally detest it, so I wont bother

Jesus, we agree on something "

we do not too bad on firearms too

Cambridge

"If it's all about 'public support' and 'will of the people' does that also apply to decisions made by the SNP?

Shutting the childrens ward of the RAH. How much public support was there for that?

Going for an independence referendum. How much support is there for that (given polls show 2/3 are against it)

Merger of British Transport Police with Police Scotland.

How much public support is there for that

Cutting teacher numbers.

How much public support was there for that?

I could go on but that's enough to make the basic point."

You know there is no point in asking kinky a question!

"Was going to get into this but I despise football, totally detest it, so I wont bother "

It is not really about football it is about treating a group of people differently in the eyes of the law.

"Let's be real honest now staying in Glasgow smack bang in the middle in a area where bigotry is really bad between Rangers and Celtic fans

I wonder how many parents will be happy to take their kids to the football now "

I don't agree with you at all on this.

The fans that campaigned on this issue come from every club in Scotland.

I have no interest in Celtic or rangers at all.

What the fans want is to be treated in the eyes of the law as any other citizen.

If you have any good thoughts about the repeal it is this.

Before the repeal happens the government are going to work towards redefining this poorly worded legislation.

They have already stated that they will work on stronger definitions of hate crime etc.

At the end of the process the act may not be repealed but strengthened to satisfy the police and all the justice agencies.

I know the OP is only going to have a rant about Jk but I am hopefull about a better more workable law.

"Let's be real honest now staying in Glasgow smack bang in the middle in a area where bigotry is really bad between Rangers and Celtic fans

What the fans want is to be treated in the eyes of the law as any other citizen."

some fans want their grass to be blue instead of green, they also want blue traffic lights instead of green

take a drive through Larkhall

What the fans want is to be treated in the eyes of the law as any other citizen.

some fans want their grass to be blue instead of green, they also want blue traffic lights instead of green

take a drive through Larkhall"

Yes I have been there.

Unfortunately it is the shame of Scotland

It is the bigots that say nothing all week but it is in them all the same

I blame separate schooling for a lot of Scotland's problems! !

The Council of Elrond

Yes I have been there.

I blame separate schooling for a lot of Scotland's problems! !"

You said there is existing laws as in common law

And i am saying you cannot be prosecuted under common law for being offensive

For a breach of the peace to happen you have to either cause harm or threaten harm

With the act the police had the power to lift someone for singing those nasty songs

Now because of Scottish Labour branch members bill they have got it repealed and tou already have assholes saying on social media " yasss we can now sing billy boys and the famine song for 90 mins well the fuck done

But hey do not one of go blaming the SNP when it goes tits up remeber this is all on Scotiish Labour branch as i know what unionists are like forget things and pin the blame on SNP

The Council of Elrond

If its gonna be repealed then the SFA should then adopt UEFA's Strict Liability rules

Punish the clubs every time their fans are caught singing any of their nasty songs fine then each time the way Rangers are with money right now their fans would soon learn fast that they will cause their club to go into administration again

I never said common law !!!!

Are you saying breach of the peace does not exist in Scotland? ???

I asked my brother in law and he said that is what they arrest folk for all the time !!!!

You are completely ignoring the fact it is a poorly written law.

The snp are now going back to look at the problems with the law like Ill definition of terms !!!

The Law has not been repealed it is only at stage one.

IF ammendments can be made it will remain.

We could end up with a better tighter easyier to understand and apply law.

The Council of Elrond

Yes I have been there.

I blame separate schooling for a lot of Scotland's problems! !"

Oh and btw when you say the fans want to be treated the same way please dont try and bring in every football fan as the majority go to the football to watch games and they are not racist or singing sectarian songs in any way

The act was there to make sure the minority of dickheads stopped singing those singing sectarian songs

Tell that to anyone who feels terrorised on public transport or indeed on the streets of Scotland's major cities on the day of a big match when the minjority think they can get away with it

Scotland has gone back to the dark days and Scottish Labour branch have given the minority dickheads a voice again to sing sectarian songs

The Council of Elrond

"I never said common law !!!!

I asked my brother in law and he said that is what they arrest folk for all the time !!!!

The snp are now going back to look at the problems with the law like Ill definition of terms !!!

We could end up with a better tighter easyier to understand and apply law."

Again you cannot be prosecuted under common law for being offensive

So for a breach of the peace you have to actually cause harm or threaten harm

If you were to be offensive to everyone outside fuck me there would be alot of people prosecuted lol

Your bro in law is wrong and that is worrying that he is telling you that

Do you believe honestly believe the act was targeting and affecting every single football fan ? Does the majority of fans go to football to sing these songs ?

Football fans from all across the country wanted the law changed. As I stated before bigotry is not isolated at football matches so why have one law for football fans but if you make bigoted comments to somewhere else in your comunity it is a different law.

This is a wider problem in Scottish society and has to be tackeled on every level.

Bigotry does not start and end at a football grounds turnstyle.

If you were to be offensive to everyone outside fuck me there would be alot of people prosecuted lol

Do you believe honestly believe the act was targeting and affecting every single football fan ? Does the majority of fans go to football to sing these songs ?"

So are you saying no one has been prosecuted for being offensive

Also not sure what common law has to do with this hopefully you can explain please

The Council of Elrond

Can i hazard i guess to what tou are trying to mean

You say the existing laws as in common laws

Now police are suppose to be under oath so they might be banking that people dont know about laws and acts

Now if it went to the Procurator fiscal 10/10 you would not be prosecuted for being offensive as you cant be Prosecuted under common law for being offensive

Tell your bro in law its worrying he does not know this

Like i said for a breach of the peace is when a cause of harm or threaten harm you cannot be simply lifted for being offensive or in that case alot of people will end up getting lifted and wasting time in the procurator fiscal

Alot of police dont even know their own laws the swore an oath too which is worrying when someone that knows the laws and statues abd challenges the police then watch the police go silent lol its funny to watch them as they are suppose to know

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Do you believe honestly believe the act was targeting and affecting every single football fan ? Does the majority of fans go to football to sing these songs ?

Also not sure what common law has to do with this hopefully you can explain please"

England, section 5 public order offense, if you are offensive, swearing, using homophobic or racist abuse, you can be pulled.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Do the police, the Scottish law courts and the judicial committee all not have a right of say an opinion over the law "

Anyone else notice that kinky never answered their own question?

Or mine either

Grantham

"

Or mine either "

I rarely take any notice these days,given the OP,but I did notice absence of answers.

The Council of Elrond

Also not sure what common law has to do with this hopefully you can explain please

England, section 5 public order offense, if you are offensive, swearing, using homophobic or racist abuse, you can be pulled."

England ? Are you like Corbyn and dont know Scottish law and English law is different ?

England, section 5 public order offense, if you are offensive, swearing, using homophobic or racist abuse, you can be pulled.

England ? Are you like Corbyn and dont know Scottish law and English law is different ? "

Really so is common law not English then

Breach of the Peace = causing a disturbance through shouting or aggressive behaviour !!!

It covers a multitude of sins !!!

I learned something new today my brother in law has been arresting people for breach of the peace and the procurator fiscal has taken them to court and the Sherriff has find them and they were all wrong according to kinky

Cambridge

"

Or mine either

I rarely take any notice these days,given the OP,but I did notice absence of answers."

Yeah, add it to the loooong list of questions the OP won't answer.

Cambridge

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breach_of_the_peace

There are major differences between English law and Scottish law with respect to dealing with breach of the peace; unlike England and Wales where criminal penalties apply to the behaviour leading to or liable to cause a breach of the peace, it is a specific criminal offence in Scotland which is prosecuted daily in the sheriff courts and due to its common law definition it can be applied to a number of scenarios. The maximum punishment if a case is remitted to the High Court remains imprisonment for life although such severe punishment is now rarely applied, usually being associated with breaches of licence during an existing life sentence.

The Scottish law definition of a breach of the peace is "conduct severe enough to cause alarm to ordinary people and threaten serious disturbance to the community".[9]

A constable may arrest any person, without warrant, who commits a breach of the peace. A member of the public may not arrest a person for behaviour which amounts to no more than a breach of the peace (i.e. an arrest is not always for the offence for which someone is eventually prosecuted but can be for a more serious crime that appears to be occurring).

Breach of the peace can include, but is not limited to, any riotous behaviours (which includes 'rowdiness' or 'brawling') and any disorderly behaviour. This behaviour doesn't have to be noisy but still of a nature that would cause concern to other people. Examples include 'Peeping Tom'-type behaviour, persistently following someone, delivering 'threatening' letters and 'streaking' or 'mooning'.

To prove a breach of the peace, the most important things to prove is that someone was alarmed, annoyed or disturbed by the incident.

This offence can take place anywhere i.e. a public street any public space.

One of the leading cases in Scottish Law is that of Smith v Donnelly, a case concerning a Faslane protester.[10]

The Council of Elrond

"https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breach_of_the_peace

There are major differences between English law and Scottish law with respect to dealing with breach of the peace; unlike England and Wales where criminal penalties apply to the behaviour leading to or liable to cause a breach of the peace, it is a specific criminal offence in Scotland which is prosecuted daily in the sheriff courts and due to its common law definition it can be applied to a number of scenarios. The maximum punishment if a case is remitted to the High Court remains imprisonment for life although such severe punishment is now rarely applied, usually being associated with breaches of licence during an existing life sentence.

The Scottish law definition of a breach of the peace is "conduct severe enough to cause alarm to ordinary people and threaten serious disturbance to the community".[9]

A constable may arrest any person, without warrant, who commits a breach of the peace. A member of the public may not arrest a person for behaviour which amounts to no more than a breach of the peace (i.e. an arrest is not always for the offence for which someone is eventually prosecuted but can be for a more serious crime that appears to be occurring).

Breach of the peace can include, but is not limited to, any riotous behaviours (which includes 'rowdiness' or 'brawling') and any disorderly behaviour. This behaviour doesn't have to be noisy but still of a nature that would cause concern to other people. Examples include 'Peeping Tom'-type behaviour, persistently following someone, delivering 'threatening' letters and 'streaking' or 'mooning'.

To prove a breach of the peace, the most important things to prove is that someone was alarmed, annoyed or disturbed by the incident.

One of the leading cases in Scottish Law is that of Smith v Donnelly, a case concerning a Faslane protester.[10]

"

wiki really ? Anyone can sign up and change what they like on there

"

So with your extensive knowledge of Scottish law, where is it wrong

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"

Or mine either

I rarely take any notice these days,given the OP,but I did notice absence of answers.

Yeah, add it to the loooong list of questions the OP won't answer. "

I think we're all still waiting for an answer to the question from last week. Just to remind everyone:- Impact assessments put the cost of BREXIT to Scotland at £12 billion. Impact assessments, using similar assumptions, put the cost of breaking up the UK for Scotland at £40 billion. The question put to kinky was simply "is a the cost of independence (£40 billion) a price worth paying to avoid the cost of BREXIT (£12 billion)?"

Still waiting for an answer.

Oops

looks like that won't be answered !!!

So next post from kinky

A grievence ????

Or

Scotland is doing better than England at something

Cambridge

So with your extensive knowledge of Scottish law, where is it wrong"

We will be waiting a long time for an answer to that.

The Council of Elrond

For all the unionists and Green msps i hope they are happy with themselves with voting to repeal the act

Today on live tv you could hear up to our knees in Fenian blood ..." belted out by Rangers fans onSky Sports for the live match

Again no improved made to the act and nothing to replace it with one can only see that they want these songs to be sung again fucking sick in the heed

Newcastle and Gateshead

kinky... still adding to this thread

still not answering any of the questions... still not answering their own question since they made it such a big part of their own defence....

don't think it didn't go un-noticed....

Cambridge

"kinky... still adding to this thread

still not answering any of the questions... still not answering their own question since they made it such a big part of their own defence....

don't think it didn't go un-noticed...."

Ridiculous, isn't it?

I fully understand English supporters do the same in reverse but I don't see police Scotland taking action because it is impossible to arrest thousands of supporters !!!!"

It’s kinky..... check the green arrow. Political Point scoring is the norm.

The Council of Elrond

Simply pointing what happened in todays Rangers game

You all might not care but yeah this is what this repeal will bring by not improving or replacing it just repealing is a very bad idea with nothing

Unionists are loving the fact they will be able to sing these songs again its fucking sick

Cambridge

Obviously Scottish football fans can't tell the difference between right and wrong without legislation.

"Simply pointing what happened in todays Rangers game

You all might not care but yeah this is what this repeal will bring by not improving or replacing it just repealing is a very bad idea with nothing

Unionists are loving the fact they will be able to sing these songs again its fucking sick "

Is this poorly drafted peice of legislation suposed to cure the scurge of bigotry ???

How about a holistic approach ???

How about continue funding excellent organizations like Nil by Mouth !!!

The Council of Elrond

"Obviously Scottish football fans can't tell the difference between right and wrong without legislation. "

Why you trying blame all Scottish football fans ?

The minority of assholes ie Rangers fans today think its ok this is what happens when the act is going to be repealed with nothing to improve it or replace it with

Its a bad idea and we all know it unless song on here are happy for these songs to be sung again wouldnt shock me

If it really is to be repealed lets hope the bring in rules to punish the clubs for every single time the fans sing these songs and lets see how quickly the fans will see they are causing their clubs money and may even result in them being banned from taking part in European games

The Council of Elrond

Hopefully even the broadcasters pull any of the clubs that their fans sing the songs and lose money from tv broadcasters

Lets see if the minority dickheads love seeing their club lose money not a good look for Rangers

I see you completely ignored my comment that this legislation is not a majic bullet to solve bigotry in Scotland.

Bigotry does not start and finish at a football turnstile !!!

The number of fans prosecuted by this law in one whole year is about less than ten percent of rangers crowd today !!!

The clubs should be fighting this bike far stronger but don't want to loose money !!!

Cambridge

"Obviously Scottish football fans can't tell the difference between right and wrong without legislation.

Why you trying blame all Scottish football fans ?

The minority of assholes ie Rangers fans today think its ok this is what happens when the act is going to be repealed with nothing to improve it or replace it with

Its a bad idea and we all know it unless song on here are happy for these songs to be sung again wouldnt shock me

If it really is to be repealed lets hope the bring in rules to punish the clubs for every single time the fans sing these songs and lets see how quickly the fans will see they are causing their clubs money and may even result in them being banned from taking part in European games

"

I'm blaming the people singing the songs, and the people next to them who didn't tell them to shut up

The Council of Elrond

"I see you completely ignored my comment that this legislation is not a majic bullet to solve bigotry in Scotland.

The number of fans prosecuted by this law in one whole year is about less than ten percent of rangers crowd today !!!

The clubs should be fighting this bike far stronger but don't want to loose money !!!"

So what is the plan that these MSPs that voted to repeal it ?

All they have done is said it has to go with nothing and i mean nothing in place so therfore one can take that to mean its telling the minjority scumbags that they can sing the sings again about pro IRA and mass murder its fucking sick

If the want to scrap fair enough but before getting rid of it come up with something to either improve the act or replace it with

Have you seen social media since the vote ? They are giving these assholes a voice again to sing these songs

Cambridge

"I see you completely ignored my comment that this legislation is not a majic bullet to solve bigotry in Scotland.

The clubs should be fighting this bike far stronger but don't want to loose money !!!

So what is the plan that these MSPs that voted to repeal it ?

All they have done is said it has to go with nothing and i mean nothing in place so therfore one can take that to mean its telling the minjority scumbags that they can sing the sings again about pro IRA and mass murder its fucking sick

If the want to scrap fair enough but before getting rid of it come up with something to either improve the act or replace it with

Have you seen social media since the vote ? They are giving these assholes a voice again to sing these songs "

It's great to see you pissed off with the MSPs. Hopefully it will open your eyes. It doesn't matter if decisions are made in Scotland, London, or Brussels or even further afield. There will always be decisions made that you don't agree with. It shows the futility of nationalism.

I have already replied to this many times over !!!!

Anyone who watched rangers on sky sports today would have heard the vile bigoted songs and chants for 90 min ,the police are a disgrace for allowing it as others have said breach of the police laws should stop this but we def need a further updated law that the police must enforce to stop this as it shames scotland

The Council of Elrond

"I have already replied to this many times over !!!!

"

So no plan therefore giving dickheads a voice to think its ok to sing these songs again ?

I hope everyone that agrees with repealing the act with no plan to improve it or replace is happy with themselves giving scumbags a voice to think its ok to sing the songs again

Name one thing the will do ?

I dont think it should be repealled but i have baws and told if it is to be repealed then fine , ban or take points off the clubs that their fans sing the songs time the SFA done something about it punish the clubs big time sick fed up seeing assholes think its ok to see pro IRA songs and mass murder songs its sick in the heed all for a damn game of football

So no plan therefore giving dickheads a voice to think its ok to sing these songs again ?

I hope everyone that agrees with repealing the act with no plan to improve it or replace is happy with themselves giving scumbags a voice to think its ok to sing the songs again

I dont think it should be repealled but i have baws and told if it is to be repealed then fine , ban or take points off the clubs that their fans sing the songs time the SFA done something about it punish the clubs big time sick fed up seeing assholes think its ok to see pro IRA songs and mass murder songs its sick in the heed all for a damn game of football "

Is it just pro ira songs you hear ? I posted above about the vile bigoted anti-catholic songs and chant today from rangers fans if that was against coloured ppl or muslims/jews there would be outrage, but nothing done by the police or the sfa its a disgrace ,also im a celtic fan and pro ira songs are a disgrace too and should be made illegal and its time ppl should be jailed from both sides

Cambridge

I dont think it should be repealled but i have baws and told if it is to be repealed then fine , ban or take points off the clubs that their fans sing the songs time the SFA done something about it punish the clubs big time sick fed up seeing assholes think its ok to see pro IRA songs and mass murder songs its sick in the heed all for a damn game of football

Is it just pro ira songs you hear ? I posted above about the vile bigoted anti-catholic songs and chant today from rangers fans if that was against coloured ppl or muslims/jews there would be outrage, but nothing done by the police or the sfa its a disgrace ,also im a celtic fan and pro ira songs are a disgrace too and should be made illegal and its time ppl should be jailed from both sides "

How many were jailed whilst the law was in place?

Is it just pro ira songs you hear ? I posted above about the vile bigoted anti-catholic songs and chant today from rangers fans if that was against coloured ppl or muslims/jews there would be outrage, but nothing done by the police or the sfa its a disgrace ,also im a celtic fan and pro ira songs are a disgrace too and should be made illegal and its time ppl should be jailed from both sides

How many were jailed whilst the law was in place? "

Not got a clue ,this is more about the police not doing there job and arresting ppl and its been going on far to long

Cambridge

Not got a clue ,this is more about the police not doing there job and arresting ppl and its been going on far to long "

So you think repealing the law is irrelevant?

Not got a clue ,this is more about the police not doing there job and arresting ppl and its been going on far to long

So you think repealing the law is irrelevant? "

Im saying the police should be doing their job and jailing ppl ,as for repealing the law there should have been something in place to update it before it was scrapped

Cambridge

Im saying the police should be doing their job and jailing ppl ,as for repealing the law there should have been something in place to update it before it was scrapped "

But if the police aren't enforcing the laws on the books it doesn't matter, right?

Not got a clue ,this is more about the police not doing there job and arresting ppl and its been going on far to long "

The figure for people being charged for a yearis about 10 % of the crowd at Ibrox.

However the number of convictions is very low.

The Police because it is badly drafted prefer the breach of the police laws.

The procurator fiscal will not take many cases forward as everything is so I'll defind and the defence lawyers drive a coach and horses through it if the charge gets anywhere near a court.

Im saying the police should be doing their job and jailing ppl ,as for repealing the law there should have been something in place to update it before it was scrapped "

As I stated before breach of the peace covers it.

If I stand outside a football ground and shout " fuck the ......." or do the same in West Blackhall Street in Greenock I can be charged with breach.

The Council of Elrond

The figure for people being charged for a yearis about 10 % of the crowd at Ibrox.

However the number of convictions is very low.

The Police because it is badly drafted prefer the breach of the police laws.

The procurator fiscal will not take many cases forward as everything is so I'll defind and the defence lawyers drive a coach and horses through it if the charge gets anywhere near a court.

"

By repealing the act with nothing in place to either improve of replace it which is giving these assholes a voice correct? Did you not hear them at Rangers game these people think it's ok now to sing the songs well done

How do you arrest 10... 20 ...30 thousand bigots at a time ????

"How do you arrest 10... 20 ...30 thousand bigots at a time ????"

You arrest the most vocal group say about 20 and the ones beside them will stop ,also agree breach of peace does cover it but doesnt go far enough the only way to stop it is start jailing them

"How do you arrest 10... 20 ...30 thousand bigots at a time ????

You arrest the most vocal group say about 20 and the ones beside them will stop ,also agree breach of peace does cover it but doesnt go far enough the only way to stop it is start jailing them "

I agree but asking a dozen cops to start hailing folk out is a big ask !!!

I think the clubs should do far more to combat it but bigotry is not confined to football.

I as disappointed the funds for Nil by Mouth are other groups was withdrawn by SG.

To combat Scotland's shame it must be a multi agency approach through education etc.

As I stated before bigotry does not start and finish at a football grounds turnstyle! !

The Council of Elrond

You arrest the most vocal group say about 20 and the ones beside them will stop ,also agree breach of peace does cover it but doesnt go far enough the only way to stop it is start jailing them

I think the clubs should do far more to combat it but bigotry is not confined to football.

I as disappointed the funds for Nil by Mouth are other groups was withdrawn by SG.

To combat Scotland's shame it must be a multi agency approach through education etc.

As I stated before bigotry does not start and finish at a football grounds turnstyle! !"

Punish the clubs every time their fans start the bigotry then sooner or later even dumb fucks will learn its them thats causing their club to be punished by either a fine each time or points took off them or ban them each time they do it make example of them then the clubs will be forced to do something about it

This has been Scotlands shame for a long tome and clubs have allowed this shit to happen too often its like they aint bothered

As I stated before bigotry does not start and finish at a football grounds turnstyle! !

Punish the clubs every time their fans start the bigotry then sooner or later even dumb fucks will learn its them thats causing their club to be punished by either a fine each time or points took off them or ban them each time they do it make example of them then the clubs will be forced to do something about it

This has been Scotlands shame for a long tome and clubs have allowed this shit to happen too often its like they aint bothered "

Unfortunately certain clubs are making loads of money out of this.

They they seriously takeled bigotry than that would just be another football club so may aswell support your local team.

Grantham

Starve the two clubs of oxygen for a start....no TV games where the bigotry can be heard in the public domain.

The Council of Elrond

"Starve the two clubs of oxygen for a start....no TV games where the bigotry can be heard in the public domain.

"

Or radio

"Starve the two clubs of oxygen for a start....no TV games where the bigotry can be heard in the public domain.

"

Unfortunately it is not just two clubs !!!

The Council of Elrond

Unfortunately it is not just two clubs !!!"

Yes true but the two are well known for there bigotry

MSP Murdo unelected funny Fraser remember is famous tweet that made him look like an asshole because Rangers beat Celtic he said perfect gift from the queens 11

Like i said these asshole MSP wanting to repeal the act is giving scumbags a voice

And the Tories are going after the hardcore orange order the defenders of the UK union

Grantham

Unfortunately it is not just two clubs !!!"

Is there a history between Hearts and Hibs as well?

Is there a history between Hearts and Hibs as well? "

Not only then but the two Dundee clubs aswell.

Yes true but the two are well known for there bigotry

MSP Murdo unelected funny Fraser remember is famous tweet that made him look like an asshole because Rangers beat Celtic he said perfect gift from the queens 11

Like i said these asshole MSP wanting to repeal the act is giving scumbags a voice

And the Tories are going after the hardcore orange order the defenders of the UK union

"

And while the un workable law was in place did bigotry drop any ???

Grantham

"

So Dundee Utd used to be called Dundee Hibernian?

Yet they are the ones to play in an orange strip?

How confusing!

So Dundee Utd used to be called Dundee Hibernian?

Yet they are the ones to play in an orange strip?

How confusing!"

Lol

I am sure their strip has been through many changes over the years !!!

You also get home fans taunting rangers/Celtic at games by waving flags opposite from theirs as a wind up.

A few of the Ayrshire junior teams can be a bit biased as well.

it infects the whole of Scotland unfortunately! !!

By *ilent.KnightMan  over a year ago

Swindon

I don’t know the details of the law being repealed, but what I sense is it is addressing the symptom of a rather nasty part of Scottish culture.

Is there a way of attacking the underlying cause ?

I ask because often a Scotland thread here often has a similar odour ... a lot more so than a brexit or right wing/left wing/broken wing thread.

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

"

Just ban football, then you wouldn't have these troubles. "

I'm more offended by football and the obscene amounts of money involved than i am by football ball chats. Genuinely, could someone explain the point of it?

"

Just ban football, then you wouldn't have these troubles.

?"

what would the fans do instead, they don't have the ability to play, they just spectate, shout on "their team" lol their team

same as all spectator sports fans, losers

» Add a new message to this topic