FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > BINO

BINO

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

A new phrase I heard today. BINO. Brexit in Name Only. This is apparently what some brexiters are worried about. Of course none of the brexiters on here. They all think everything is perfect. But many in the real world are starting to realise that their idea of what Brexit is, isn't the same as the voter next to them. The broad church that was Brexit is starting to splinter more and more.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Here’s something I heard today...

Trump - all fart and no follow through

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"A new phrase I heard today. BINO. Brexit in Name Only. This is apparently what some brexiters are worried about. Of course none of the brexiters on here. They all think everything is perfect. But many in the real world are starting to realise that their idea of what Brexit is, isn't the same as the voter next to them. The broad church that was Brexit is starting to splinter more and more."
You do not understand what Brexit is,it is leaving European Union.It is not about not being part of Europe.It seems to me that people on both sides have failed to grasp this fact that includes a lot of MP's.

We are part of Europe weather we like it or not geography makes it so.

Cambridge

"A new phrase I heard today. BINO. Brexit in Name Only. This is apparently what some brexiters are worried about. Of course none of the brexiters on here. They all think everything is perfect. But many in the real world are starting to realise that their idea of what Brexit is, isn't the same as the voter next to them. The broad church that was Brexit is starting to splinter more and more.You do not understand what Brexit is,it is leaving European Union.It is not about not being part of Europe.It seems to me that people on both sides have failed to grasp this fact that includes a lot of MP's.

We are part of Europe weather we like it or not geography makes it so."

How does that relate in anyway to what I wrote?

upton wirral

"A new phrase I heard today. BINO. Brexit in Name Only. This is apparently what some brexiters are worried about. Of course none of the brexiters on here. They all think everything is perfect. But many in the real world are starting to realise that their idea of what Brexit is, isn't the same as the voter next to them. The broad church that was Brexit is starting to splinter more and more."
What is this broadchurch?It is a figment of your imagination.

I have my reasons for leaving the EU and do not care if they are completely different from others.My vote was individual and my views are individual,we are not sheep like remainers are lol

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"A new phrase I heard today. BINO. Brexit in Name Only. This is apparently what some brexiters are worried about. Of course none of the brexiters on here. They all think everything is perfect. But many in the real world are starting to realise that their idea of what Brexit is, isn't the same as the voter next to them. The broad church that was Brexit is starting to splinter more and more.What is this broadchurch?It is a figment of your imagination.

I have my reasons for leaving the EU and do not care if they are completely different from others.My vote was individual and my views are individual,we are not sheep like remainers are lol"

and therein lies the fundamental issue, even using Parliament as a sample of those who voted to leave there are many individual opinions and views as to just what Brexit is and will be..

those range from the fuck it lets just walk in a tiff regardless of what effects that may have to the middle ground to the other end of that spectrum where a 'soft' brexit is the best course..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A new phrase I heard today. BINO. Brexit in Name Only. This is apparently what some brexiters are worried about. Of course none of the brexiters on here. They all think everything is perfect. But many in the real world are starting to realise that their idea of what Brexit is, isn't the same as the voter next to them. The broad church that was Brexit is starting to splinter more and more.What is this broadchurch?It is a figment of your imagination.

I have my reasons for leaving the EU and do not care if they are completely different from others.My vote was individual and my views are individual,we are not sheep like remainers are lol"

True brexiters aren't sheep but lambs to the slaughter.

Cambridge

A broad church means that lots of people voted for lots of different reasons. You say it's a figment of my imagination, then agree with me. Make your bloody mind up.

upton wirral

I have my reasons for leaving the EU and do not care if they are completely different from others.My vote was individual and my views are individual,we are not sheep like remainers are lol

and therein lies the fundamental issue, even using Parliament as a sample of those who voted to leave there are many individual opinions and views as to just what Brexit is and will be..

those range from the fuck it lets just walk in a tiff regardless of what effects that may have to the middle ground to the other end of that spectrum where a 'soft' brexit is the best course..

"

I cannot disagree with you but I hope that common sense will prevail at the end of the day.There will be problems,but we must exept whatever deal we get,we must not walk away without a deal that would be stupid.

Any deal we get is fine as long as we leave with a deal Britain will be stronger in the long run

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There was no consensus before the referendum and it's in even greater disarray now as the conservatives talk with forked tongues, always trying hard to not have nuclear fission and simultaneous fusion within their own ranks.

in Lancashire

I cannot disagree with you but I hope that common sense will prevail at the end of the day.There will be problems,but we must exept whatever deal we get,we must not walk away without a deal that would be stupid.

Any deal we get is fine as long as we leave with a deal Britain will be stronger in the long run"

Agree on a no deal position..

How long is the 'long run' though?

The released report in the news today speaks of up to an 8% slower in growth depending on what type of deal we have..

It's the now that people tend to have to live with in their finances etc..

Even Liam Fox now seems to be accepting that the outcome won't be what the hardliners brexit ewers thought it was or should be..

Time for some on here to maybe start to accept they may also have to live with their own disappointment in preparation..?

in Lancashire

"There was no consensus before the referendum and it's in even greater disarray now as the conservatives talk with forked tongues, always trying hard to not have nuclear fission and simultaneous fusion within their own ranks."

The media keep on wasting time asking Corby will you call for a second referendum, all he has to do is watch the wheels falling off the tories brexit bus and watch them tear their party apart again over the EU..

The report spans a 15 year term - so how many will live to see a booming Britain, given it was the "oldies" who voted heavily for brexit?

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"There was no consensus before the referendum and it's in even greater disarray now as the conservatives talk with forked tongues, always trying hard to not have nuclear fission and simultaneous fusion within their own ranks.

The media keep on wasting time asking Corby will you call for a second referendum, all he has to do is watch the wheels falling off the tories brexit bus and watch them tear their party apart again over the EU..

yes your right people think he’s a fool but he’s no’s what he’s doing

The tories will collapse with our strong and stable leader I’m sure the more I think about it she doesn’t want out she’s a remainer at heart

"

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

An inevitability is now approaching.

Given the rise of the Labour party and the natural cyclic nature of the electorate, a Labour win at the next General Election is almost nailed on now.

Given that, will the hard Brexiteers in the Conservative Party now go for broke and try to get us out as soon and as hard as they can?

The see-saw that Theresa May is trying to keep level has to go one way or the other, and probably very quickly. Even a leadership contest is unlikely to stop the Conservatives tearing themselves fatally apart, and a decade in the political wilderness surely awaits.

"The report spans a 15 year term - so how many will live to see a booming Britain, given it was the "oldies" who voted heavily for brexit?"

Bullshit; many "oldies" never voted, they said "we will leave it for the youngsters to decide"

in Lancashire

"The report spans a 15 year term - so how many will live to see a booming Britain, given it was the "oldies" who voted heavily for brexit?

Bullshit; many "oldies" never voted, they said "we will leave it for the youngsters to decide""

Might be an idea to go back and look at the actual demographics and just how many did vote before calling bullshit.

It's in the public domain..

Bournemouth

I think there will be a few raw nerves of anger on here this morning due to what’s happening in the torture party

Cambridge

"The report spans a 15 year term - so how many will live to see a booming Britain, given it was the "oldies" who voted heavily for brexit?

Bullshit; many "oldies" never voted, they said "we will leave it for the youngsters to decide"

Might be an idea to go back and look at the actual demographics and just how many did vote before calling bullshit.

It's in the public domain.. "

Exactly, he has no data to support his hypothesis.

It's in the public domain.. "

imagine, if the oldies who didn't vote actually voted as well then, it would have been a higher percentage for brexit

in Lancashire

imagine, if the oldies who didn't vote actually voted as well then, it would have been a higher percentage for brexit"

Only the less sensible ones may have done so, ironic that they won't be here when the land of milk and honey arrives..

Suppose that can say in the interim as the effects of slower growth become more evident to their grand kids, don't worry it may be better by about 2036 ish..

Looking at the time lines that is..

imagine, if the oldies who didn't vote actually voted as well then, it would have been a higher percentage for brexit

Only the less sensible ones may have done so, ironic that they won't be here when the land of milk and honey arrives..

Suppose that can say in the interim as the effects of slower growth become more evident to their grand kids, don't worry it may be better by about 2036 ish..

Looking at the time lines that is.. "

is that all you do?

look at timelines and statistics

come on, there must be something else to fill your life

anyway, times up for me, have to go

there is a life to live

I may log on to wind you up a little more this evening.

have an eventful day

imagine, if the oldies who didn't vote actually voted as well then, it would have been a higher percentage for brexit"

It's a known fact that "oldies" who vote are significantly higher than those who don't. The percentage of older voters who vote is also considerably higher than younger voters. Given that 7M people who could have voted -didn't then the majority of the 7M would be younger voters, who are more likely to vote remain, which flaws your argument. Just because your parents didn't vote don't assume the same applies nationally. The 7M who didn't vote deserve everything that comes to them. People died to get the vote, they don't value real democracy!

in Lancashire

Looking at the time lines that is..

is that all you do?

look at timelines and statistics

come on, there must be something else to fill your life

anyway, times up for me, have to go

there is a life to live

I may log on to wind you up a little more this evening.

have an eventful day"

In your dreams..

Have an excellent and exciting day..

Bournemouth

Yes please enjoy your day

And don’t get to grumpy about the torture party falling apart

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Any deal we get is fine as long as we leave with a deal Britain will be stronger in the long run

The released report in the news today speaks of up to an 8% slower in growth depending on what type of deal we have..

Even Liam Fox now seems to be accepting that the outcome won't be what the hardliners brexit ewers thought it was or should be..

Time for some on here to maybe start to accept they may also have to live with their own disappointment in preparation..? "

Liam Fox's comments relate to the transition period. Brexiters will have to hold their noses for the 21 month transition/implementation period, but in the end we will get what we want. Patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait, I'm willing to hold my nose for the duration of the 21 month transition/implementation period and at the end of this period leave voters will get what they want which is out of the EU, out of the single market, out of the customs union, an end to free movement of people from the EU, an end to the ECJ in the UK and the ability to do our own trade deals.

As for the 8% slower growth forecast, take it with a large pinch of salt, as all the treasury forecasts about Brexit have so far turned out to be wrong and the UK economy continues to outperform the experts expectations.

in Lancashire

The paper that interviewed him says nothing about the transition period..?

He's telling the hardliners to back of Hammond, not to challenge the Pm and to be prepared to accept a softer brexit and to live with the disappointment if that is the case..

Of course he later rowed back and said he has been misquoted but he's not mentioned the transition period that I can see..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Looking at the time lines that is.. "

Maybe inheritance tax will increase in the interim, so that all ends of some family spectra get to help rebuild UK strength?

"Yes please enjoy your day

And don’t get to grumpy about the torture party falling apart "

Yes it was a good day, 2 ton of logs cut up, my mate works in forestry and has a hydraulic log splitter, so spent the day cutting logs and filling the log drying sheds

This will keep the log burner fuelled for a while

Quick question?

are you Londoners allowed to burn wet wood & coal on open fires?

in Lancashire

"Quick question?

are you Londoners allowed to burn wet wood & coal on open fires?"

wet wood?

do you mean not seasoned?

"Quick question?

wet wood?

do you mean not seasoned?"

no, I mean wood containing more than 25% moisture

Cambridge

"Quick question?

are you Londoners allowed to burn wet wood & coal on open fires?"

Why have the SNP made it illegal? They don't trust you with air rifles, what about wet wood?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Time for some on here to maybe start to accept they may also have to live with their own disappointment in preparation..?

Liam Fox's comments relate to the transition period. Brexiters will have to hold their noses for the 21 month transition/implementation period, but in the end we will get what we want. Patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait, I'm willing to hold my nose for the duration of the 21 month transition/implementation period and at the end of this period leave voters will get what they want which is out of the EU, out of the single market, out of the customs union, an end to free movement of people from the EU, an end to the ECJ in the UK and the ability to do our own trade deals.

As for the 8% slower growth forecast, take it with a large pinch of salt, as all the treasury forecasts about Brexit have so far turned out to be wrong and the UK economy continues to outperform the experts expectations. "

You forgot to include the free movement of people from the UK to the EU.

in Lancashire

"Quick question?

wet wood?

do you mean not seasoned?

no, I mean wood containing more than 25% moisture"

Can't think why anyone would want to but hey ho..

All my stuff is seasoned at least a year and don't bother using coal

"A new phrase I heard today. BINO. Brexit in Name Only. This is apparently what some brexiters are worried about. Of course none of the brexiters on here. They all think everything is perfect. But many in the real world are starting to realise that their idea of what Brexit is, isn't the same as the voter next to them. The broad church that was Brexit is starting to splinter more and more.You do not understand what Brexit is,it is leaving European Union.It is not about not being part of Europe.It seems to me that people on both sides have failed to grasp this fact that includes a lot of MP's.

We are part of Europe weather we like it or not geography makes it so.

How does that relate in anyway to what I wrote? "

LOL CLCC we have the maniacally insane on here ... you should know that by now

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

As a Stirling Albion fan I object (strenuously object) to this blatant attempt to policise the nickname of my glorious football club.

Mon the Binos

» Add a new message to this topic