FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trumps approval rating soars

Trumps approval rating soars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entaur_UK OP   Man  over a year ago

Cannock

US President Donald Trump has seen his approval rating soar this week to 50%. In contrast Barack Obama at the same stage in his Presidency only had an approval rating of 45% so arguably Trump is doing a better job than Obama and Trump has a much more hostile media to deal with than Obama had. If the US economy continues to perform as it has been doing and as Trump implements more of his policy programme I can only see his approval rating continue to climb higher. Onwards and upwards for the Trumpster.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"US President Donald Trump has seen his approval rating soar this week to 50%. In contrast Barack Obama at the same stage in his Presidency only had an approval rating of 45% so arguably Trump is doing a better job than Obama and Trump has a much more hostile media to deal with than Obama had. If the US economy continues to perform as it has been doing and as Trump implements more of his policy programme I can only see his approval rating continue to climb higher. Onwards and upwards for the Trumpster. "

We’re supprised he hasent been assassinated yet

Wanker that he is

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Same polling period, same report, 40%.

Try again.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"US President Donald Trump has seen his approval rating soar this week to 50%. In contrast Barack Obama at the same stage in his Presidency only had an approval rating of 45% so arguably Trump is doing a better job than Obama and Trump has a much more hostile media to deal with than Obama had. If the US economy continues to perform as it has been doing and as Trump implements more of his policy programme I can only see his approval rating continue to climb higher. Onwards and upwards for the Trumpster.

Wanker that he is

"

Who decides if your a wanker or not ? I’m sure we’d all have different opinions on who we think is the worlds biggest wanker.

Cannock

"US President Donald Trump has seen his approval rating soar this week to 50%. In contrast Barack Obama at the same stage in his Presidency only had an approval rating of 45% so arguably Trump is doing a better job than Obama and Trump has a much more hostile media to deal with than Obama had. If the US economy continues to perform as it has been doing and as Trump implements more of his policy programme I can only see his approval rating continue to climb higher. Onwards and upwards for the Trumpster.

Wanker that he is

"

Appalling comment. You should be ashamed.

Cannock

"Same polling period, same report, 40%.

Try again."

In today's newspapers it reports Trumps approval rating is 50%. Obamas was 45% at the same stage in his Presidency.

Try again.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

It is telling that the OP propagates the only news that he sees as being relevant because that is the news that aligns with his own cognitive bias.

Only one of around 30 ongoing ratings polls have given Trump this rating with all of the others still showing Trump well below 50%. The 538 website averages out all of the polls and it’s weighted averages from all pools shows an approval rating of 40% and a disapproval rating of 54% with 6% unknown.

It is always a god idea to challenge one’s own cognitive bias as it helps keep one’s mind open and prevents one looking a bit silly on social media

The fact is that Donald Trump’s approval ratings remain lower than any other Presidents in living memory at this stage of his Presidency. The reason being is that he is an onnoxious, divisive, racist and ignorant human being who appeals only to people of a similar ilk - of whom, admittedly - there are rather a lot in the United States.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It is telling that the OP propagates the only news that he sees as being relevant because that is the news that aligns with his own cognitive bias.

Only one of around 30 ongoing ratings polls have given Trump this rating with all of the others still showing Trump well below 50%. The 538 website averages out all of the polls and it’s weighted averages from all pools shows an approval rating of 40% and a disapproval rating of 54% with 6% unknown.

It is always a god idea to challenge one’s own cognitive bias as it helps keep one’s mind open and prevents one looking a bit silly on social media

The fact is that Donald Trump’s approval ratings remain lower than any other Presidents in living memory at this stage of his Presidency. The reason being is that he is an onnoxious, divisive, racist and ignorant human being who appeals only to people of a similar ilk - of whom, admittedly - there are rather a lot in the United States."

you may have hit the nail on the head !

So he's a shoo in for a second term then !

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

Wanker that he is

"

...What an evil mind set you have.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"US President Donald Trump has seen his approval rating soar this week to 50%. In contrast Barack Obama at the same stage in his Presidency only had an approval rating of 45% so arguably Trump is doing a better job than Obama and Trump has a much more hostile media to deal with than Obama had. If the US economy continues to perform as it has been doing and as Trump implements more of his policy programme I can only see his approval rating continue to climb higher. Onwards and upwards for the Trumpster. "

for a person who keeps telling us they don't believe in polls.... you seem to put a lot of stock into one poll....

that would make you a hypocrite would it.....

anyway..... before you start to cheer and holler, I would say slow down.... because the poll needs to be taken in context....

okay.... when you said 50% i didn't believe you, and yes you are correct... in one poll it is at 50%... and it is the rassumsen poll.....

the full name of that poll is the Fox News/Rasmussen poll.... which might give away a little which way this poll tends to lean

it has actually always been an outlier in the polls and was always higher than the others in the trump direction and lower than the others in the obama direction during his time in the whitehouse

the fox news rasmussen poll has always been about 10% higher in trumps direction than the others.... which makes sense because all the other polls have the trump approval rating at about 38/39%......

also the other thing to take into considerating is that this poll was done before the trump response to the parklands shooting.... and since his response has basically been to mirror the NRA talking points, it will be interest to see how much that effects his direction of approval

there..... taken the spin out of your spin.... have at it!

Cannock

for a person who keeps telling us they don't believe in polls.... you seem to put a lot of stock into one poll....

anyway..... before you start to cheer and holler, I would say slow down.... because the poll needs to be taken in context....

okay.... when you said 50% i didn't believe you, and yes you are correct... in one poll it is at 50%... and it is the rassumsen poll.....

the full name of that poll is the Fox News/Rasmussen poll.... which might give away a little which way this poll tends to lean

it has actually always been an outlier in the polls and was always higher than the others in the trump direction and lower than the others in the obama direction during his time in the whitehouse

the fox news rasmussen poll has always been about 10% higher in trumps direction than the others.... which makes sense because all the other polls have the trump approval rating at about 38/39%......

also the other thing to take into considerating is that this poll was done before the trump response to the parklands shooting.... and since his response has basically been to mirror the NRA talking points, it will be interest to see how much that effects his direction of approval

there..... taken the spin out of your spin.... have at it!"

What a surprise, Obama's no.1 fanboy Fabio has thrown his toys out of his pram because Trumps approval rating has gone up past Obamas at the same stage in his Presidency.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

What a surprise, Obama's no.1 fanboy Fabio has thrown his toys out of his pram because Trumps approval rating has gone up past Obamas at the same stage in his Presidency. "

Except they haven't.

Try again.

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

What a surprise, Obama's no.1 fanboy Fabio has thrown his toys out of his pram because Trumps approval rating has gone up past Obamas at the same stage in his Presidency. "

Ummmm, I don't think that considered response to your OP constitutes throwing toys out. I think he was simply pointing out that the poll you refer to is historically biased and therefore can be taken with a pinch of salt.

#fakenews #Sad

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

What a surprise, you tried to spin something and when shown the facts you try to ignore them as they don't fit your agenda and attempt to attack the person putting you right ..

Don't feed the troll.

Far better things to waste time and energy on.

That said my friends in the states are pissed that their tax has gone up yet the 'goldman sachs types' got a tax cut.

Drain the swamp my arse. More like let the swamp run the swamp.

"Don't feed the troll.

Far better things to waste time and energy on.

That said my friends in the states are pissed that their tax has gone up yet the 'goldman sachs types' got a tax cut.

Drain the swamp my arse. More like let the swamp run the swamp."

Me Thinks both Centaur and Fabio should join me and Bob Bangs in a lefty / Righty Party !

We all have good and daft points of view sometimes ??

I don't like him but who listen to poles nowadays. Some people are vile and they go on hate trump band wagon

Barack who?

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

Poor Centaur, I almost feel sorry for the way he constantly gets shown up on here. His consistency in being wrong is a reflection of the biased media he consumes.

And yet when confronted with reasoned facts he puts his fingers in his ears so he doesnt have to listen.

The alt right movement has peaked, they did so in that bizarre 6 months that included Brexit and Trumps election.

Now hes faced with a Democratic wave later this year which will put a massive roadblock on Trumps half formed agenda. And Brexit is circling the drain as the Torys crumble in negotiations, the government may not last till the end of the transition period and Labour are moving closer to the EU.

Grasping at straws.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"It is telling that the OP propagates the only news that he sees as being relevant because that is the news that aligns with his own cognitive bias.

The fact is that Donald Trump’s approval ratings remain lower than any other Presidents in living memory at this stage of his Presidency. The reason being is that he is an onnoxious, divisive, racist and ignorant human being who appeals only to people of a similar ilk - of whom, admittedly - there are rather a lot in the United States."

Some people can't deal with cognitive dissonance, so stay straightjacketed,inside their limits.

The USA is such a racist led country that Obama had an uphill struggle from day one.

He had the NRA against him at every turn and all of the money men did all they could to challenge him at everything he tried to do for his country

They could not wait to undo everything that he did for the poorest people Obama care ect.

Newcastle and Gateshead

The fact is that Donald Trump’s approval ratings remain lower than any other Presidents in living memory at this stage of his Presidency. The reason being is that he is an onnoxious, divisive, racist and ignorant human being who appeals only to people of a similar ilk - of whom, admittedly - there are rather a lot in the United States.

Some people can't deal with cognitive dissonance, so stay straightjacketed,inside their limits. "

the issue with trump is that he never tried to expand his based beyond the 35-40% of people who will always vote republican no matter what.....

for example... gun control and expanded background checks.... 97% of the general public want greater checks... heck 97% of NRA members want greater checks...

how can you be on the wrong side of a 97-3 issue and support the NRA heads line?

probably because they donated 30 million to his campaign during the last election cycle....

same with the affordable care act....

that is an 85-15 issue for it, but republicans still want to gut it

probably because it means their donors would get a hefty tax cut.....

at some point next time round he is going to have to appeal to independents and red state democrats who have him the benefit last time round because the surname of the person he ran against was "clinton"

the way he coped with charlottesville isn't going to win over many, the way he deals with incidents such are harvy, and erma... and las vegas, and even now with parksville isn't winning people over....

Cannock

Some people can't deal with cognitive dissonance, so stay straightjacketed,inside their limits.

the issue with trump is that he never tried to expand his based beyond the 35-40% of people who will always vote republican no matter what.....

for example... gun control and expanded background checks.... 97% of the general public want greater checks... heck 97% of NRA members want greater checks...

how can you be on the wrong side of a 97-3 issue and support the NRA heads line?

probably because they donated 30 million to his campaign during the last election cycle....

at some point next time round he is going to have to appeal to independents and red state democrats who have him the benefit last time round because the surname of the person he ran against was "clinton"

the way he coped with charlottesville isn't going to win over many, the way he deals with incidents such are harvy, and erma... and las vegas, and even now with parksville isn't winning people over...."

Trumps approval rating of 50% says otherwise and it's the performance of the American economy and jobs figures that are winning people over. Not been a good day for you so far has it Fabio, first an opinion poll with Trump on 50% approval rating (higher than Obama's was at the same stage in his Presidency) and now your fave team Arsenal losing 2 - 0 to Man City in the League cup final, LOL.

What was it you said earlier, oh yes, Have at it!

Cannock

the way he coped with charlottesville isn't going to win over many, the way he deals with incidents such are harvy, and erma... and las vegas, and even now with parksville isn't winning people over....

Trumps approval rating of 50% says otherwise and it's the performance of the American economy and jobs figures that are winning people over. Not been a good day for you so far has it Fabio, first an opinion poll with Trump on 50% approval rating (higher than Obama's was at the same stage in his Presidency) and now your fave team Arsenal losing 2 - 0 to Man City in the League cup final, LOL.

What was it you said earlier, oh yes, Have at it! "

Correction, Arsenal 0 - 3 Man City.

Arsenals defence is looking weaker than your arguments on this thread.

Newcastle and Gateshead

What was it you said earlier, oh yes, Have at it! "

Trumps approval rating in ONE of 37 tracking polls has reached 50%, at that was in an Historically Right leaning poll producing company .....

cool.... you laude that as much as you want....

but as i said at the beginning, for someone who has often stated that they don't believe in polls, its at best laughable that you have pumped this one up so much...

so yes... i think the word i am looking for is "hypocrite"........ unless you feel another word is more acceptable...

I can look for one... but i think "hypocritical" suits me fine, and one you can understand.......

Newcastle and Gateshead

and what was that someone said about attacking the poster and not the facts again.... i think you did that to a tee......

south dublin

The 50% has already been put in context Centaur. Did you miss that? Its a Rasmussen poll which has always had a republican lean. And even if it didnt have that historical issue, its still just one poll.

And if you compare the individual polls for Trump with the individual polls for Obama at the same point. Obama is well ahead except for the Rasmussen one. If you compare the aggregated polls Obama is also well ahead.

Trumps poll numbers are diabolical and at a historical low. And the Democrats are performing far better last year and this year than they did in 2016. A democratic house and senate could just be a few months away.

Cannock

"and what was that someone said about attacking the poster and not the facts again.... i think you did that to a tee......"

Hope you didn't put a bet on that league cup final.

Final score....

Man City 3 - 0 Arsenal

Read it and weep Fabio, read it and weep!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"and what was that someone said about attacking the poster and not the facts again.... i think you did that to a tee......

Final score....

Man City 3 - 0 Arsenal

Read it and weep Fabio, read it and weep! "

don't worry for me.... my beloved michigan state university are about to win at the university of wisconsin and win our 1st outright big ten basketball championship in 15 years......

when we do...

this year so far... 28-3, 16-2 in big ten play, conference tourny new week at MSG in new york, and currently ranked number 2 in the nation....

swings and roundabouts eh......

so... what was that about attacking the poster and not the facts again? because i think thats what you just tried to do...

so how about defending your one poll in 37......

in Lancashire

"and what was that someone said about attacking the poster and not the facts again.... i think you did that to a tee......

Final score....

Man City 3 - 0 Arsenal

don't worry for me.... my beloved michigan state university are about to win at the university of wisconsin and win our 1st outright big ten basketball championship in 15 years......

when we do...

this year so far... 28-3, 16-2 in big ten play, conference tourny new week at MSG in new york, and currently ranked number 2 in the nation....

so... what was that about attacking the poster and not the facts again? because i think thats what you just tried to do...

so how about defending your one poll in 37...... "

going by his input on other threads maths is not his strong point..

south dublin

Final score....

Man City 3 - 0 Arsenal

when we do...

going by his input on other threads maths is not his strong point.. "

Does he have a strong point?

CNNs poll has Trumps approval cratering to a low of 35%.

A look at the polling averages of every president from Truman on (when they started polling for this) shows that on day 402 Trump is TWENTY points behind every single presidents net approval rating. Each and every single president is a full 20 points ahead on their net approval (thats your approval less your disapproval for those of us who read Fox). 5 of those presidents are a full 60 points better and not a single one is in the negatives like Trump is.

Cannock

Final score....

Man City 3 - 0 Arsenal

when we do...

going by his input on other threads maths is not his strong point.. "

52% is bigger than 48%. That's the only figure you need to know regarding Brexit.

in Lancashire

Final score....

Man City 3 - 0 Arsenal

when we do...

52% is bigger than 48%. That's the only figure you need to know regarding Brexit. "

try and stay on the thread topic, after all its your own thread..

Cannock

Final score....

Man City 3 - 0 Arsenal

when we do...

52% is bigger than 48%. That's the only figure you need to know regarding Brexit.

"

As it's my thread I'll post exactly what I like, thanks all the same.

south dublin

"

"

But he cant stay on topic because his opeming argument has been ruined by all these pesky facts. Trump is unarguably the least popular and most disliked president in modern history and hes pretending its not true. He cant actually engage in the conversation because he cant stomach being wrong. Thats why hes attacking posters personally, talking about football results and talking about Brexit.

The wheels are coming off the alt right bus and their followers cant handle it. They'll stay in denial as long as they can. Trump and the republicans are sinking fast. The Brexit negotiations are going the EUs way and the reality of the effects of Brexit has seen theyre argument go from "We'll be better off" to "Its not going to be like Mad Max". Not to mention the rest of the EUs rejection of the alt right in every election since Trump.

Its a shame the alt right raised its head at all, but at least theyre circling the drain now.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

As it's my thread I'll post exactly what I like, thanks all the same. "

that is the thread equivilant of "waaaaaaaa, i'm not winning so i am taking my ball home!"

seriously.... bait and switch on the original topic in his own thread.....

i thought he would have been more dignified and just tried to let this slide to the bottom by never posting it is again......

so... is bait and switch in your own thread just a less mature way of just waving the white flag????

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

CNN Poll: Trump approval slides, matches lowest point of presidency

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/25/politics/cnn-poll-trump-approval-matches-low/index.html

Sorry OP. Lowest point yet.

Central

Wet dream with premature ejaculation

Cannock

"Wet dream with premature ejaculation"

We don't need to know how you slept last night.

Cannock

Lol, so many snowflakes here getting triggered because Trump has a 50% approval rating. What are you going to be like when his approval rating soars upto 60% as the job figures get better and the American economy continues to improve.

in Lancashire

Final score....

Man City 3 - 0 Arsenal

when we do...

As it's my thread I'll post exactly what I like, thanks all the same. "

Your trying to divert because your claim has been shown to be the smallest of all cherries picked and the others you can't seem to digest..

Lacking objective reasoning again when it's not what you want to hear..

Now, back to the topic..

"Lol, so many snowflakes here getting triggered because Trump has a 50% approval rating. What are you going to be like when his approval rating soars upto 60% as the job figures get better and the American economy continues to improve. "

Fact blind to a spectacular degree, you see 1 poll out of 37 or whatever that supports your argument... Just 1 out of 37.... and you lord it up to stomach sickening proportions while ignoring the other 36 blows your fact out of the water.

It's blind tunnel vision of such a narrow track like this that honestly makes you a laughing stock and gives everything you support a bad name.

You're never man enough to admit when you're wrong.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Lol, so many snowflakes here getting triggered because Trump has a 50% approval rating. What are you going to be like when his approval rating soars upto 60% as the job figures get better and the American economy continues to improve. "

I'm willing to take that bet... it won't reach 60%....

in fact i'll do you one better.... as an average of ALL the polls, it won't reach 50%

what timescale would you like, end of the year?

either money going to charity of your choice (i'll bet you anything up to 100 pounds)

or a self imposed forums politics ban (lets say 6 months, because that would take you from jan 19 up to jun 19 and you won't be able to talk brexit at the most important time!) ...

your choice.....i don't mind....

the 538 poll, which is an concensus of all the 37 polls... so we don't have one outlier determining the result

so you opening your mouth and opened this door... would you care to back it up centy????

"Lol, so many snowflakes here getting triggered because Trump has a 50% approval rating. What are you going to be like when his approval rating soars upto 60% as the job figures get better and the American economy continues to improve.

in fact i'll do you one better.... as an average of ALL the polls, it won't reach 50%

either money going to charity of your choice (i'll bet you anything up to 100 pounds)

or a self imposed forums politics ban (lets say 6 months, because that would take you from jan 19 up to jun 19 and you won't be able to talk brexit at the most important time!) ...

the 538 poll, which is an concensus of all the 37 polls... so we don't have one outlier determining the result

so you opening your mouth and opened this door... would you care to back it up centy????"

Intereting;

so your bet is 50%

I am not a betting man but I am sure someone will take you on, or indeed pull you up when it goes over 50%

Burton-on-Trent

Can you lot not tell when you're being trolled yet?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Lol, so many snowflakes here getting triggered because Trump has a 50% approval rating. What are you going to be like when his approval rating soars upto 60% as the job figures get better and the American economy continues to improve.

so you opening your mouth and opened this door... would you care to back it up centy????

Intereting;

so your bet is 50%

I am not a betting man but I am sure someone will take you on, or indeed pull you up when it goes over 50%"

you only get to call me on if if you take me up on it! otherwise you come across as a weasel dragging up posts with nothing to lose

its not like you've done that before now is it.....

anyway so you say you are not a betting man..... but do you want in on it as well? because i'll happiliy extend it to you as well.....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Can you lot not tell when you're being trolled yet? "

its not a case of being trolled, its a case of calling out someone saying something so idiotic like the time centy went all in with the tiki torchers at charlottesville........

and the time centy went all in with trump and the obama wiretaps.........

sometimes.... stupid is as stupid does!

in Lancashire

My guess is that centy will bottle it, no guts is my call..

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

With the tax cuts he has made , and the resurgent production of goods in the USA , there are many who say he’s doing a great job . And to be fair , he is for the average American .

The interesting thing is that many who accept he is doing a great job for the economy etc.... actually don’t like him as a person . I wonder how many who vote on these polls vote against him as a person rather than how well he’s doing .

Oh and as an aside , the gun laws ..... such a tough one as not a single president has done a thing about the crazy way anyone can have guns , so having a go at Trump about it seems a bit unfair really .

"My guess is that centy will bottle it, no guts is my call..

"

I used to think he had a pair swinging below.They just dont make right whingers like they used to.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"With the tax cuts he has made , and the resurgent production of goods in the USA , there are many who say he’s doing a great job . And to be fair , he is for the average American .

"

can i just pull you up on one thing with regards to the tax cuts......

the tax cuts for companies are permanent... the tax cuts for individuals are not, they have a sunset clause in that they actually expire after 8 years..... then go back to where they were

he is betting on companies passing on the benefits, but at the moment the companies are being smart in that they are only giving one off "bonuses" as opposed to actual wage increases which would cost more in the long term....

because the individual tax cut help those at the top with a greater proportion than those at the bottom....

in Lancashire

I used to think he had a pair swinging below.They just dont make right whingers like they used to."

They tend to flit in and out of this place, often with several profile names changes..

Almost psychotic..

south dublin

"Can you lot not tell when you're being trolled yet? "

Bit its not really trolling because Centy believes this until he gets slapped down by the facts.

Its obvious what happened. He saw the story on some right wing propaganda site. Then his heart all a flutter he races to fabswingers to broadcast the news. Sadly reality keeps killing Centys hopes and dreams.

Same thing happened when he started bragging on here about David Davis winning the battle of the summer because The Sun told him it happened when it was obviously an embarrassing surrender. And again when the Tories tried to bury the 50 billion divorce bill by straight out leaving out 11 billion from the figure and Centy swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Basically hes willing to believe absolutely anything as long as it substantiates his extremist beliefs no matter how often he's proved wrong. And its always amusing to show him up as being the most gullible person on the forum.

Burton-on-Trent

"Can you lot not tell when you're being trolled yet?

Bit its not really trolling because Centy believes this until he gets slapped down by the facts.

Its obvious what happened. He saw the story on some right wing propaganda site. Then his heart all a flutter he races to fabswingers to broadcast the news. Sadly reality keeps killing Centys hopes and dreams.

Same thing happened when he started bragging on here about David Davis winning the battle of the summer because The Sun told him it happened when it was obviously an embarrassing surrender. And again when the Tories tried to bury the 50 billion divorce bill by straight out leaving out 11 billion from the figure and Centy swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Basically hes willing to believe absolutely anything as long as it substantiates his extremist beliefs no matter how often he's proved wrong. And its always amusing to show him up as being the most gullible person on the forum. "

I disagree. I think that he knows he's outgunned on most issues and is now just trolling.

Note his use of "triggered" and "snowflakes". And digressing into the brexit result. Classic trolling. He can't be arsed defending against facts and is now just trying to wind people (mainly Fabio) up.

"

Its laughable how you are all basically begging Centaur to respond, you are all so bloody desperate

perhaps he has a life outside fab!

think about it

Central

Its laughable how you are all basically begging Centaur to respond, you are all so bloody desperate

think about it"

We choose to place our attention upon whatever sustains us the best - maybe there is somewhere else out there that provides sustenance for outlier viewpoints, other than Fox, other Murdoch endeavours and extremist propaganda sources. It's not part of the human condition to enjoy cognitive dissonance. There will be some who are looking at the bulk of the opinion polls that, as is widely accepted, don't have Trump polling at 50%.

Newcastle and Gateshead

think about it

We choose to place our attention upon whatever sustains us the best - maybe there is somewhere else out there that provides sustenance for outlier viewpoints, other than Fox, other Murdoch endeavours and extremist propaganda sources. It's not part of the human condition to enjoy cognitive dissonance. There will be some who are looking at the bulk of the opinion polls that, as is widely accepted, don't have Trump polling at 50%."

In fact two polls came out this morning.

CNN had trump approval rating at 35%, Marist had his approval rating at 38%

I think I’m safe

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

think about it"

south dublin

Basically hes willing to believe absolutely anything as long as it substantiates his extremist beliefs no matter how often he's proved wrong. And its always amusing to show him up as being the most gullible person on the forum.

I disagree. I think that he knows he's outgunned on most issues and is now just trolling.

Note his use of "triggered" and "snowflakes". And digressing into the brexit result. Classic trolling. He can't be arsed defending against facts and is now just trying to wind people (mainly Fabio) up. "

Possibly hes just pretending to be stupid (which is arguably more stupid) but then you see that plenty of people agree with him and use words like snowflake and triggered unironically.

If anything I think he softens his views on here so that those who might agree dont write him off completely.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Note his use of "triggered" and "snowflakes". And digressing into the brexit result. Classic trolling. He can't be arsed defending against facts and is now just trying to wind people (mainly Fabio) up.

Possibly hes just pretending to be stupid (which is arguably more stupid) but then you see that plenty of people agree with him and use words like snowflake and triggered unironically.

If anything I think he softens his views on here so that those who might agree dont write him off completely."

It is similar to my concern with Pat... he spouts a load of nonsense then just says 'but it is just a forum, no-one should take it seriously'. But I genuinely think that Pat, like Centy, *actually* thinks these things in real life. And the fact that they are not alone is why we are in such a political mess at the moment.

-Matt

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

To be fair, it seems it is not just Centy that is delusional. I just saw a Fox News clip of a poll from the CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) in which 93% say he is doing a good job and only 6% disapprove. Of course that was on a poll of 1,155 people who were at that conference. This being the conference you might remember that had invited Milo Yiannopoulos to speak there... but even they had to cancel him over his promotion of paeophilia.

But hey, 39% of the average of the polls (538 site) approve of Trump, and then 93% of CPAC attendee approve of him. So, if you ever doubted the US conservative movement is out of touch with reality, that is a pretty big clue.

-Matt

Cannock

so you opening your mouth and opened this door... would you care to back it up centy????"

You and your cronies on here would just love to silence me wouldn't you Fabio, i've no doubt you've tried in vain to do it by underhand tactics, but as you can see i'm still here posting so you've failed. Your pathetic attempt to silence me by offering a self imposed forum ban won't work either, frankly you can shove it where the sun don't shine. I'll continue to post on here when i like, where i like, within the forum rules and i intend to keep posting until Brexit is delivered. Not a damn thing you can do about it.

Cannock

its not a case of being trolled, its a case of calling out someone saying something so idiotic like the time centy went all in with the tiki torchers at charlottesville........

and the time centy went all in with trump and the obama wiretaps.........

sometimes.... stupid is as stupid does! "

Wow you really are getting desperate now aren't you Fabio, resorting to spreading bare faced lies about me. You know full well i didn't go all in with the tiki torchers in Charlottesville, as i condemned BOTH sides in Charlottesville. I condemned the tiki torchers as you put it, and i also condemned the Antifa vigilante thugs on the other side too.

So often you attempt to take the moral high ground but now your mask really has slipped here.

As for the Obama wiretaps, that's still an ongoing process as is Obama's shady dealings with interfering with FISA courts, as the saying goes watch this space because those issues still haven't been fully dealt with and are still not fully resolved yet.

Cannock

"With the tax cuts he has made , and the resurgent production of goods in the USA , there are many who say he’s doing a great job . And to be fair , he is for the average American .

The interesting thing is that many who accept he is doing a great job for the economy etc.... actually don’t like him as a person . I wonder how many who vote on these polls vote against him as a person rather than how well he’s doing .

Oh and as an aside , the gun laws ..... such a tough one as not a single president has done a thing about the crazy way anyone can have guns , so having a go at Trump about it seems a bit unfair really ."

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

obama nil ...big donald 1 ...back of the net ....

Cannock

I used to think he had a pair swinging below.They just dont make right whingers like they used to."

LOL, you turned up at that boxing club yet Bob?

Cannock

I used to think he had a pair swinging below.They just dont make right whingers like they used to.

They tend to flit in and out of this place, often with several profile names changes..

Almost psychotic.. "

I've had the same profile name on here since the day i joined many years ago. My veris date back years so i've never flitted in and out of fab.

in Lancashire

Almost psychotic..

I've had the same profile name on here since the day i joined many years ago. My veris date back years so i've never flitted in and out of fab. "

the bit about name changing does not apply to you..

the 'no guts' bit in backing up your claim looks to be more apt..

losing confidence in your massively disparaged cherry picking abilities at all?

Cannock

Basically hes willing to believe absolutely anything as long as it substantiates his extremist beliefs no matter how often he's proved wrong. And its always amusing to show him up as being the most gullible person on the forum. "

You haven't slapped down shit, the 50% approval rating poll is a fact. It's out there in the public domain and was reported in yesterdays Sunday newspapers. Must be very annoying for you but that's the reality. As for the 'battle of the summer' you keep banging on about its ancient history. Phase 1 is done and dusted and an agreement has been reached on phase 1 in December. There was no embarrassing surrender, as has been explained to you on multiple occasions EU citizens rights was more a priority for the uk than it was the EU, because the uk tried to get a deal done on it months before Article 50 was triggered, which Angela Merkel refused (if this doesn't tell you who really runs the EU nothing will). Angela Merkel showed that citizens rights were never a priority for the EU by refusing that deal and she would rather use EU citizens rights as a bargaining chip in negotiations. The official EU divorce bill is between £35 and £39 billion pounds sterling, its in the phase 1 agreement text and is now in the process of being made legally binding, your constant denial of this is frankly laughable. As for the European court of Justice (ECJ) the phase 1 agreement clearly states that it will be reduced to a referral court in the UK after Brexit, with the UK Supreme court having supremacy over it. Futhermore the ECJ will only be available for referral for 8 years and then it will be banished completely from the UK for good. Things turned out pretty good for the UK in phase 1.

As for having extremist beliefs that's nonsense as i happen to be in the majority 52% that want out of the EU in the UK. Its my beliefs that are more in line with the UK population and its the Remoaners on here who are the extremist minority out of touch with the majority.

Cannock

think about it"

Yep i was at work today while many of these posts appeared on this thread, i was out there contributing to the uk economy. I also actually get out there and meet people in the real swinging community in my leisure time as my 90 plus meet in person veris show on my profile. Maybe the Trump hating remainers should try it some time.

Cannock

"To be fair, it seems it is not just Centy that is delusional. I just saw a Fox News clip of a poll from the CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) in which 93% say he is doing a good job and only 6% disapprove. Of course that was on a poll of 1,155 people who were at that conference. This being the conference you might remember that had invited Milo Yiannopoulos to speak there... but even they had to cancel him over his promotion of paeophilia.

But hey, 39% of the average of the polls (538 site) approve of Trump, and then 93% of CPAC attendee approve of him. So, if you ever doubted the US conservative movement is out of touch with reality, that is a pretty big clue.

-Matt "

Out of touch with reality....that would be you and the minority 48% who want to remain in the EU then.

Burton-on-Trent

You haven't slapped down shit, the 50% approval rating poll is a fact. It's out there in the public domain and was reported in yesterdays Sunday newspapers. Must be very annoying for you but that's the reality. As for the 'battle of the summer' you keep banging on about its ancient history. Phase 1 is done and dusted and an agreement has been reached on phase 1 in December. There was no embarrassing surrender, as has been explained to you on multiple occasions EU citizens rights was more a priority for the uk than it was the EU, because the uk tried to get a deal done on it months before Article 50 was triggered, which Angela Merkel refused (if this doesn't tell you who really runs the EU nothing will). Angela Merkel showed that citizens rights were never a priority for the EU by refusing that deal and she would rather use EU citizens rights as a bargaining chip in negotiations. The official EU divorce bill is between £35 and £39 billion pounds sterling, its in the phase 1 agreement text and is now in the process of being made legally binding, your constant denial of this is frankly laughable. As for the European court of Justice (ECJ) the phase 1 agreement clearly states that it will be reduced to a referral court in the UK after Brexit, with the UK Supreme court having supremacy over it. Futhermore the ECJ will only be available for referral for 8 years and then it will be banished completely from the UK for good. Things turned out pretty good for the UK in phase 1.

As for having extremist beliefs that's nonsense as i happen to be in the majority 52% that want out of the EU in the UK. Its my beliefs that are more in line with the UK population and its the Remoaners on here who are the extremist minority out of touch with the majority. "

It's funny, but I can picture you jumping up and down and stamping your little feet while you wrote that.

I'm right! My mum says so! You all smell of wee!

oh dear ... seems today polls show that trumps approval rating has slumped to the lowest on record at 20%... oh diddums to the weak right

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"To be fair, it seems it is not just Centy that is delusional. I just saw a Fox News clip of a poll from the CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) in which 93% say he is doing a good job and only 6% disapprove. Of course that was on a poll of 1,155 people who were at that conference. This being the conference you might remember that had invited Milo Yiannopoulos to speak there... but even they had to cancel him over his promotion of paeophilia.

-Matt

Out of touch with reality....that would be you and the minority 48% who want to remain in the EU then. "

Seriously? You used that actual phrase. 48% of you are out of touch with reality.

You have a genuinely odd relationship with numbers.

West London

Oh and as an aside , the gun laws ..... such a tough one as not a single president has done a thing about the crazy way anyone can have guns , so having a go at Trump about it seems a bit unfair really ."

What has he done to improve the economy in the last year?

Have you looked at the graphs on economic growth and unemployment since 2008?

If the American population is crediting Trump for this then so be it. I'm sure you can look a little harder.

south dublin

"

As for having extremist beliefs that's nonsense as i happen to be in the majority 52% that want out of the EU in the UK. Its my beliefs that are more in line with the UK population and its the Remoaners on here who are the extremist minority out of touch with the majority. "

1 outlier poll out of nearly 40 that has a history of being wrong.

Phase 1 gave the EU everything it wanted.

The UKs text on the divorce bill ignored 11 billion in payments and they asked the EU not to produce an accurate figure.

Your pro Donald views are a minority opinion. Leave has been a minority opinion in every poll since the summer. (I do hope you complain about polling being irrelevant in your own thread about an outlier poll )

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"And when they come to ethnically cleanse me,

Will you speak out? Will you defend me?

Or laugh through a glass eye as they r*pe our lives,

Trampled underfoot by the right on the rise..."

West London

Trump's popularity is at least partially due to the fact that he would have run into the school even if he was unarmed. Draught-dodging bone spurs or no bone spurs

West London

""And when they come to ethnically cleanse me,

Trampled underfoot by the right on the rise...""

If they don't speak out for you, you can guarantee they won't speak out for the guy with a darker complexion

Cannock

Trampled underfoot by the right on the rise...""

Oh well at least you've dropped the cheesy Manic Street Preacher's lyrics for a change.

Newbury

Oh well at least you've dropped the cheesy Manic Street Preacher's lyrics for a change. "

I don't think I've ever posted a Manics lyric....

Newbury

Oh well at least you've dropped the cheesy Manic Street Preacher's lyrics for a change. "

And; of course you would engage with the source as opposed to the content. You continue to be at the best; an apologist for and at worst; a supporter of modern Fascism.

cheshunt

Who cares what Trumps popularity is, he’s been voted in end off. Everybody has different opinions, we’ll never all agree.

Newbury

"Who cares what Trumps popularity is, he’s been voted in end off. Everybody has different opinions, we’ll never all agree. "

So was Hitler. What's your point?

cheshunt

"Who cares what Trumps popularity is, he’s been voted in end off. Everybody has different opinions, we’ll never all agree.

So was Hitler. What's your point?"

My point is we can’t change democracy, at the end of the day he was voted in, of course Hitler was voted in but hindsight is a wonderful thing. If you think Trump shouldn’t be in power, how would you get him out, what would you tell the people that voted for him, I know better, your vote dosen’t matter

Newbury

"Who cares what Trumps popularity is, he’s been voted in end off. Everybody has different opinions, we’ll never all agree.

My point is we can’t change democracy, at the end of the day he was voted in, of course Hitler was voted in but hindsight is a wonderful thing. If you think Trump shouldn’t be in power, how would you get him out, what would you tell the people that voted for him, I know better, your vote dosen’t matter "

We can't change democracy? You say that as if you believe either us or the Americans actually have it...

cheshunt

My point is we can’t change democracy, at the end of the day he was voted in, of course Hitler was voted in but hindsight is a wonderful thing. If you think Trump shouldn’t be in power, how would you get him out, what would you tell the people that voted for him, I know better, your vote dosen’t matter

We can't change democracy? You say that as if you believe either us or the Americans actually have it..."

Ok, explain how we don’t. Are you not allowed to vote ?

Central

Of course the $millions spent by Russia to degrade Clinton whilst promoting Trump, will have ensured the full democracy of the people wasn't interfered with in any manner. Trumps group met the Russians to talk about child adoption processes, so it was to ensure child wellbeing only

Cannock

"Of course the $millions spent by Russia to degrade Clinton whilst promoting Trump, will have ensured the full democracy of the people wasn't interfered with in any manner. Trumps group met the Russians to talk about child adoption processes, so it was to ensure child wellbeing only "

Oooo those nasty big bad Russians, they've just sent the beast from the East with all this snow our way to disrupt our economy, how ever will you let them get away with it?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

If the American population is crediting Trump for this then so be it. I'm sure you can look a little harder."

but here is the kicker.... that exact question was asked in one of those polls that centy now like....

who deserves credit for the US ecomony....

38% said trump.......

50% said Obama.......

don't let centy take his own thread down the cul-de-sac of brexit when he started it on trump because he wants to focus on ONE poll in 37.....

make him stay on topic...... ignore brexit in this thread..

couple more polls out this week....

Ipsos has trumps approval rating at 40%

suffolk university..... 38%

Gallup (you must have heard of them).... 39%

when you have a Bsc (2:1) in business studies with statistics it makes you look at polls and the way they are put together.....

the other thing about your Rasmussen poll at 50% that you may not actually realise that the weighting on their own poll is 0.78 (they have to declare this themselves)....

they asked 1500 people

why does this matter....

basically it means they are asking 4 self declared republicans for every 3 self declared democrats.....

in the poll 50% of those people approve... but remember they are asking more republicans than democrats.... 45% disapprove....

so why does that matter.....

because when you take out the weighting and adjust for party bias ( basically you are now asking 1 republican for every 1 democrat)

the approval rating goes down to 45%.... the disapproval goes up to 48%

which means he is only winning in the rasmussen poll because they are asking more self declared republicans.....

when you look at it like that.... its not as impressive as CENTY would like it to believe.... or preach...

so.... lets keep CENTY on topic.....

Cannock

"

If the American population is crediting Trump for this then so be it. I'm sure you can look a little harder.

but here is the kicker.... that exact question was asked in one of those polls that centy now like....

38% said trump.......

50% said Obama.......

don't let centy take his own thread down the cul-de-sac of brexit when he started it on trump because he wants to focus on ONE poll in 37.....

when you have a Bsc (2:1) in business studies with statistics it makes you look at polls and the way they are put together.....

the other thing about your Rasmussen poll at 50% that you may not actually realise that the weighting on their own poll is 0.78 (they have to declare this themselves)....

they asked 1500 people

why does this matter....

basically it means they are asking 4 self declared republicans for every 3 self declared democrats.....

in the poll 50% of those people approve... but remember they are asking more republicans than democrats.... 45% disapprove....

because when you take out the weighting and adjust for party bias ( basically you are now asking 1 republican for every 1 democrat)

which means he is only winning in the rasmussen poll because they are asking more self declared republicans.....

when you look at it like that.... its not as impressive as CENTY would like it to believe.... or preach...

so.... lets keep CENTY on topic..... "

LOL! So you have a Bsc (2:1) in business studies with statistics, why is it then virtually every prediction you ever make on this forum turns out to be wrong.

During the EU referendum the vast majority of polls put Remain as the clear winner, and just one poll called a 52% victory for Leave on the day of the vote which was Aaron Banks Leave.Eu poll. I've no doubt you'd have called Banks poll biased and you'd have sided with all the other polls calling a remain win (exactly as you're now doing on this thread with the Trump polls). Then once the results came in Banks poll was the only one that called it right and the others calling a remain win were wrong. Similar happened during the US Presidential election where the polls were all calling a Clinton win, you swallowed it hook, line and sinker to the extent you were bragging and boasting on here on election night that Clinton had it In the bag, watch the coverage on CNN instead of Fox news folks, LMAO! It's seems you've learned absolutely nothing in the last 2 years Fabio.

Newcastle and Gateshead

i aint going to talk brexit in a trump tread.... you may fool others it ain't fooling me...

so lets keep you on YOUR topic of the Trump Approval Ratings.....

so lets keep you on your 50% fox news rasmussen poll where they basically asked more registered republicans than registered democrats......

West London

"

38% said trump.......

50% said Obama.......

they asked 1500 people

why does this matter....

so.... lets keep CENTY on topic.....

LOL! So you have a Bsc (2:1) in business studies with statistics, why is it then virtually every prediction you ever make on this forum turns out to be wrong.

During the EU referendum the vast majority of polls put Remain as the clear winner, and just one poll called a 52% victory for Leave on the day of the vote which was Aaron Banks Leave.Eu poll. I've no doubt you'd have called Banks poll biased and you'd have sided with all the other polls calling a remain win (exactly as you're now doing on this thread with the Trump polls). Then once the results came in Banks poll was the only one that called it right and the others calling a remain win were wrong. Similar happened during the US Presidential election where the polls were all calling a Clinton win, you swallowed it hook, line and sinker to the extent you were bragging and boasting on here on election night that Clinton had it In the bag, watch the coverage on CNN instead of Fox news folks, LMAO! It's seems you've learned absolutely nothing in the last 2 years Fabio. "

So are polls of any value or not Centaur?

Yes or No?

Newcastle and Gateshead

the other reason we i love statistics and polls is that they also tell stories behind stories... which you can dig out by looking at the raw data....

so here is another one that the rasmussen polls confirms and CENTY is going to hate....

Trump has a huge problem with "independent voters"...... and because of the weightings given in the poll, this is going to show the least worst situation...

okay... this may take a little explaining...

what polls try to do is closed questioning (either/or/one or another ect) is they try to get equal numbers on both side to answer......

so in this case what they would aim for is 1 republican, 1 democrat and 1 independent

what rasmussen actually did is for every 10 people asked, 4 decleared as republican, 3 declared as democrats, and 3 declared as independent, or didn't declare at all....

we know that 1500 people were asked....

we know that 50% approved, 45% disapproved and 5% didn't know.....

so 750 people approved, 675 approved and 75 didn't know......

but we also know that of the 1500 asked, 600 people were republicans, 450 democrats, and 450 independents

so if we assume that all the republicans approved, and all the democrats disapproved for the time being ... and take that number out of the figures.....

of the 450 independents..... 150 approved, 225 disapproved and 75 didn't say....

which would means that trump only has a 33% approval rating with independents.......and 50% disapproved.

thats is where elections are won and lost! which then tallys in another poll yesterday in which in the midterms, when asked who you would likely vote for, a generic democrats was beating a generic republican by 50%-34%

and remember that this is the BEST result within democrats, which means the 33% approval rating within independents is his highest ceiling at the moment..... other polls would have that number lower!

I take it that people here all believe polls are answered truthfully

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I take it that people here all believe polls are answered truthfully"

so if they are not then why would we believe that trump would have a 50% approval rating.....

see.... you either believe, and then you have to take all the guff that come with the poll...

or you don't believe... in which case it was silly for CENTY to bring it up in the first place.....

so which is it??? you don't get it both ways....

Burton-on-Trent

"I take it that people here all believe polls are answered truthfully"

What, you mean his approval rating might be lower than the fox/Rasmussen poll states?

"I take it that people here all believe polls are answered truthfully

so if they are not then why would we believe that trump would have a 50% approval rating.....

see.... you either believe, and then you have to take all the guff that come with the poll...

or you don't believe... in which case it was silly for CENTY to bring it up in the first place.....

so which is it??? you don't get it both ways.... "

As far as I am aware, you are the believer

and I for one feed polls the information I wish to feed them, which is mostly incorrect

West London

and I for one feed polls the information I wish to feed them, which is mostly incorrect"

Why would you feed the polls incorrect information?

Just out of spite?

Interesting personality trait

Burton-on-Trent

and I for one feed polls the information I wish to feed them, which is mostly incorrect

Just out of spite?

Interesting personality trait "

So that when people go on about this or that poll result he can be all smug?

Don't think it needs to be more complicated than that.

south dublin

Even if you disbelieve polls then you can look at the elections that have happened around the US since Trump took office and the reality is that Democrats are making big voting share gains across the country in blue,purple and red states.

Public opinion has soured on the Trump administration and he is driving Democrat vote increases across the country. The November elections are going to show big gains again for Democrats.

West London

Just out of spite?

Interesting personality trait

So that when people go on about this or that poll result he can be all smug?

Don't think it needs to be more complicated than that. "

Regardless, it implies that he doesn't think this poll about his hero Trump has any credibility either.

Poor old Cask. I wonder why he posted on this thread at all?

Centaur has gone quiet too...

Burton-on-Trent

Yeah well Centaur is out digging for victory or having lots of swinger meets.

Central

"Even if you disbelieve polls then you can look at the elections that have happened around the US since Trump took office and the reality is that Democrats are making big voting share gains across the country in blue,purple and red states.

Public opinion has soured on the Trump administration and he is driving Democrat vote increases across the country. The November elections are going to show big gains again for Democrats."

His overall approval rating is terrible, across all of the sources that have polled and the democrat gains have been markedly statements for the candidates as well as likely significant upon what will increasingly be gains for them in the mid-term elections this fall.

Cannock

"Yeah well Centaur is out digging for victory or having lots of swinger meets. "

I just don't feel the need to post on here on the hour, every hour like some people do. I'm also not needy or desperate enough to constantly badger others to reply.

As for having swinger meets that is the primary reason I use this site, the forum is just an amusing sideshow.

Cannock

"Even if you disbelieve polls then you can look at the elections that have happened around the US since Trump took office and the reality is that Democrats are making big voting share gains across the country in blue,purple and red states.

Public opinion has soured on the Trump administration and he is driving Democrat vote increases across the country. The November elections are going to show big gains again for Democrats.

His overall approval rating is terrible, across all of the sources that have polled and the democrat gains have been markedly statements for the candidates as well as likely significant upon what will increasingly be gains for them in the mid-term elections this fall. "

We shall see if any of that has any bearing in 2020. Trump announced yesterday that he will run for President again in 2020, by naming a new campaign chief. Trump will run for a 2nd term with his digital guru in the 2016 campaign Brad Parscale now named by Trump to mastermind his 2020 campaign for 4 more years in the White House. Texan Parscale served as Trump's digital director for the 2016 campaign, overseeing online ads, social media and TV. Will the Dems be foolish enough to put Hillary Clinton up again?

West London

[Removed by poster at 28/02/18 20:28:27]

West London

Centaur, are opinion polls to believed?

Yes or no?

"Centaur, are opinion polls to believed?

Yes or no?"

try English this time

West London

"Centaur, are opinion polls to believed?

Yes or no?

try English this time"

You can't help yourself can you?

You can answer too if you can decipher the typo that made the question completely incomprehensible...to you

I think you need either glasses or reading lessons. Don't cherry pick your sources.

I've just double checked and he's way down the list. As a matter of fact I've just checked 3 in the USA and you couldn't find a more unpopular president!

Central

"I've just double checked and he's way down the list. As a matter of fact I've just checked 3 in the USA and you couldn't find a more unpopular president!"

Some get delusional, when they ser an odd poll that tells them what they want to hear, rather than looking for the weight of evidence, which shows how badly he's doing. There's an expected lull in support generally for people mid-term, though some presidents go below and beyond the others.

He's been helped by carry-over from the more popular Obamas actions and achievements.

» Add a new message to this topic