FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Continuity Bill is not illegal constitutional legislation is Scotland

Continuity Bill is not illegal constitutional legislation is Scotland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

The Scottish legal systems is enshrined in law through the 1707 Act of the Union, now if the Tories wish to repeal the Act then I am sure that many up here would welcome it as it would give Scotland independence without the need for a new independence referendum

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

There is a worrying trend I'm seeing from the Brexit extremists.

The Good Friday Agreement is an obstacle to a hard Brexit. Tear it up.

Now the devolved settlements are proving to be an obstacle to a hard Brexit. Tear it up.

We are in danger of destroying decades of progress in pursuit of an extreme ideology.

The Council of Elrond

The UK government will use the Brexit process as an opportunity to weaken the Scottish Parliament which Leave voters regard as a potential obstacle to their " one nation state"

The flaw is the claim Brussels are telling the Uk what to do and say yet in the fucked up world they thibk its ok for London to tell Scotland what to do and say lmao

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

The title makes no sense.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"The title makes no sense."

Not just me then..

The Council of Elrond

Continuity Bill is not illegal constitutional legislation *in* Scotland

Cambridge

"Continuity Bill is not illegal constitutional legislation *in* Scotland "

Still doesn't make sense, do you need a comma in there somewhere?

The Council of Elrond

Ok

Simple question do people believe the Continuity Bill that the Scottish and Welsh government have put forward is illegal ?

Cambridge

"Ok

Simple question do people believe the Continuity Bill that the Scottish and Welsh government have put forward is illegal ?"

Illegal suggests it breaks a criminal law, so No, it's not illegal. It may well however be unconstitutional.

The Council of Elrond

"Ok

Simple question do people believe the Continuity Bill that the Scottish and Welsh government have put forward is illegal ?

Illegal suggests it breaks a criminal law, so No, it's not illegal. It may well however be unconstitutional. "

Do you know Scotland has its own legal law system and that its enshrined in law through in act of the union ?

CLCC do you believe the Scottish government are in the wrong ?

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton-on-Trent

Lemme guess. Is the answer Scottish independence?

The Council of Elrond

"Lemme guess. Is the answer Scottish independence? "

Lol you brought up not me just remember that

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The UK government will use the Brexit process as an opportunity to weaken the Scottish Parliament which Leave voters regard as a potential obstacle to their " one nation state"

The flaw is the claim Brussels are telling the Uk what to do and say yet in the fucked up world they thibk its ok for London to tell Scotland what to do and say lmao

"

PISH !!!!

Grievance

Grievence

PISH! !!

The Council of Elrond

"The UK government will use the Brexit process as an opportunity to weaken the Scottish Parliament which Leave voters regard as a potential obstacle to their " one nation state"

PISH !!!!

Grievance

Grievence

PISH! !!"

Ah good good so is it just Continuity Bill in Scitland you have a problem with

Or do you have a problem with Welsh Labour who are in government in Wales putting their own Continuity Bill forward ?

You since your a Labour man wouldnt want you thinking its all about SNP bad eh lol

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

The Supreme Court will decide, that's the highest court in the land.

Been here before in regards to Brexit and the Named Persons legislation, the Lord Advocate and the Scottish government do not have a good record there.

Burton-on-Trent

"Lemme guess. Is the answer Scottish independence?

"

Well it looks like you are going to get your wish.

The Council of Elrond

"The Supreme Court will decide, that's the highest court in the land.

Been here before in regards to Brexit and the Named Persons legislation, the Lord Advocate and the Scottish government do not have a good record there.

"

Some union the UK is eh ? Brexit effects whole UK but yoons willing to see Scotland Wales and NI get no say lol

Cambridge

"Ok

Illegal suggests it breaks a criminal law, so No, it's not illegal. It may well however be unconstitutional.

Do you know Scotland has its own legal law system and that its enshrined in law through in act of the union ?

"

By mentioning the Scottish legal system (yes I was aware) as a response to my post, which stated that it wasn't illegal, you appear to be implying that the proposed legislation is indeed an illegal act.

Interesting.

The Council of Elrond

Well it looks like you are going to get your wish. "

Whos fault would it be out of interest ?

Ayrshire

Some union the UK is eh ? Brexit effects whole UK but yoons willing to see Scotland Wales and NI get no say lol "

And it will be referred to the highest court in that union.

Cambridge

Some union the UK is eh ? Brexit effects whole UK but yoons willing to see Scotland Wales and NI get no say lol "

Or England! Still haven't quite figured out how the UK works, have you?

Burton-on-Trent

Whos fault would it be out of interest ?"

Brexiters.

The Council of Elrond

Some union the UK is eh ? Brexit effects whole UK but yoons willing to see Scotland Wales and NI get no say lol

Or England! Still haven't quite figured out how the UK works, have you? "

Last i looked England voted Tory

So where is Scotland ,Wales and NI getting a say in this ?

Ayrshire

It did when the UK had a vote on it, just the same as every other person in the UK.

Heres one for you.

Leaving the EU via Brexit will have consequences, job losses for instance.

Scotland goes independent,the consequences of that is that it too leaves the EU in the hardest terms.

No deal,therefore the same if not worse job losses than Brexit.

By going independent and leaving the UK, there will be further job losses.

As Scotlands trade with the rest of the UK is four times higher than with the EU, it would be safe to assume that it would be even more damaging than that caused by leaving the EU itself.

The question which you have not attempted to answer is, which of those two options is the least damaging to Scotland?

Brexit in UK or independence out of both the UK and EU?

What would you chose kinky

The Council of Elrond

Whos fault would it be out of interest ?

Brexiters."

Yup and you cant say you were well warned the SNP have been trying to compromise with brexit

Cambridge

So where is Scotland ,Wales and NI getting a say in this ?"

The Tories wouldn't be in government without Scottish Tories or Welsh Tories or the DUP.

You REALLY don't understand how the UK works, do you?

The Council of Elrond

Ticklybit 62% of Scotland which is the majority voted to remain

Now you are claiming this a United Kingdom what problem do you have about letting Scottish people agree to either a hard brexit or independence ?

And the fact that powers are already devolved should cone back to Scotland not to Westminster that breaches the Scotland Act 1998

The Council of Elrond

The Tories wouldn't be in government without Scottish Tories or Welsh Tories or the DUP.

You REALLY don't understand how the UK works, do you? "

Lmao any dirty trick eh

You cannot escape the fact England voted Tory

The Council of Elrond

Jesus your PM is fucking pish someone educate her

The PM says that there is only one law here and that's British law'! That's just blatantly wrong Scotland has its own legal system duh!!!

Couldnt even answer this question from Ian Blackfold "does she still regard the four nations of the UK as "equal partners", as she did in 2012"

Strong and stable my arse!

Ayrshire

"Ticklybit 62% of Scotland which is the majority voted to remain"

What did it vote on?

It voted on Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union.

We voted as UK citizens on the status of the UKs membership of the EU, we as individuals voted not as a part/region or country.

Scotland could not leave or remain by itself as it is not a member of the EU.

" Now you are claiming this a United Kingdom what problem do you have about letting Scottish people agree to either a hard brexit or independence ?"

We had a referendum that rejected independence and wished our place in the United Kingdom to stay in place, why do you forget that?

Because we had a vote in it. Simple really.

" And the fact that powers are already devolved should cone back to Scotland not to Westminster that breaches the Scotland Act 1998"

They cannot "cone back" as they never resided there in the first place!

The UK governments position is that a UK framework should be in place first before these powers should be devolved.

I think that's a reasonable position initially, you have no problem with these powers held in Brussels, but not Westminster.

I don't know if you are taking a principled stand or just another anti Westminster grievance.

You accept Brussels should have these powers but Westminster, no principle there.

Ive answered, I do hope will answer this.

Scotland goes independent,the consequences of that is that it too leaves the EU in the hardest terms.

As Scotlands trade with the rest of the UK is four times higher than with the EU, it would be safe to assume that it would be even more damaging than that caused by leaving the EU itself.

The question which you have not attempted to answer is, which of those two options is the least damaging to Scotland?

What would you chose kinky?

The Council of Elrond

Wow Ticklybit defending the Tories that not make you feel sick ?

You voted in 2014 no to independence as you were told that voting no to independence was the " ONLY" way to keep your EU citizenship

Are people not allowed to chamge their minds in your wee world ?

I am not forgetting that 2014 was a no vote and has been respected but problem there democracy is not a one off event

You seem shit feart that people may actually prefer independence and thats why you so hell bent to try and deny those that right to change their minds lol

Do you remember the Scotland Act 1998?

Do you trust Tories to give ALL 111 devolved powers back to Holyrood ?

Ayrshire

All those questions you pose, but you won't ask one of mine!

The Council of Elrond

"All those questions you pose, but you won't ask one of mine!

"

I told you answer mine from the other thread then i shall answer am getting fed up with this bullshit you demand i answer you but fail to answer mine

Ayrshire

"Wow Ticklybit defending the Tories that not make you feel sick ?"

They are carrying out the wishes expressed at the referendum, should they ignore the result? Of course not, you can't ignore a democratic vote, like you do!

"You voted in 2014 no to independence as you were told that voting no to independence was the " ONLY" way to keep your EU citizenship"

That's a lie, the fact is that a yes vote would have seen us out of the EU in March 2016. You didn't mind leaving then, do why the faux outrage now?

"You seem shit feart that people may actually prefer independence and thats why you so hell bent to try and deny those that right to change their minds lol"

The only "shite feart" I see is you by ignoring this question.

The Council of Elrond

Ticklybit Scotland didnt vote for brexit

You might wanna hide behind the whole "UK vote piss" but fact remains Scotland voted remain

No no its a not fucking lie the Better Together mob were telling people that the only way to keep your EU citizenship was to vote no to independence

You are shite feart incase people prefer independence

I mean are willing to deny those that have changed their minds on independence their right to do so ?

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Welcome back Kinky! Lol

The Council of Elrond

"Welcome back Kinky! Lol

"

Thanks good to be back after a hard few days

Ayrshire

Scotland never voted, individuals voted.

The people voted and we all know what it it said on the ballot paper.

SCOTLAND WASN'T ON IT.

Yes you are lying, it was stressed that a yes vote meant leaving the EU.

You voted to leave the EU in 2014, why did it not bother you then?

Why the faux outrage now?

The only "shite fear" I see is from you when you wont answer this.

Get used to it, because I will keep asking it.

Its because you know it kills independence.

The Council of Elrond

I wonder why you you cannot admit how Scotland voted in the EU referendum

Check this out lol

In the UK this is how each country voted

Scotland - voted remain

England - voted leave

Wales - voted leave

N.Ireland - voted remain

Now which one of them am i wrong about ? Lol

Again you bring up the ballot paper piss but like i said where in fuck was extra powers on the Scottish independence referendum in 2014? But you dont seem to give a fuck about that eh

No i am not lying in 2014 Better Together claimed the only way to keep our EU citizenship was to vote no independence how is that working out for you ? As staying in the UK has fucked your EU citizenship

Ooofftt i smell the shite in your knickers that your sooooo afraid to allow people to decide their own future

Are people not allowed to change their minds on independence now ?

"Ok

Simple question do people believe the Continuity Bill that the Scottish and Welsh government have put forward is illegal ?"

YES !!!!

PISH !!!!

Grievance

Grievence

PISH! !!

Ah good good so is it just Continuity Bill in Scitland you have a problem with

Or do you have a problem with Welsh Labour who are in government in Wales putting their own Continuity Bill forward ?

You since your a Labour man wouldnt want you thinking its all about SNP bad eh lol"

Also in Wales !!!!!

This is another pathetic attempt by the snp to stoke up a grievence against Westminster! !!

Saint Nicola has hung her hat on brexit being the trigger for indyref2.

First she must stoke up the grievance of big bad westinster is bullying us !!!

Grievence !!!

Grievance !!!!

The Council of Elrond

"Ok

YES !!!!"

Ooffft your sounding more and more like a Tory

So you dont believe the Scottish parilament and Welsh assembly have no right to give their consent ?

Tell me do you want the Tories taking back devolved powers ?

The Council of Elrond

"This is another pathetic attempt by the snp to stoke up a grievence against Westminster! !!

Grievence !!!

Grievance !!!!"

Ooffttt smell the shit coming from you lol

Why did you only go into SNP bad mode ?

Is Welsh Labour not doing the very same thing ?

Ayrshire

And you tell me what was the question on the ballot paper?

I'll bet you any amount, Scotland wasn't on it!

When you're at it, you might have look at this too.

Cambridge

Lmao any dirty trick eh

"

It's not a dirty trick

It's just facts about how the government is made up.

Why do you keep trying to escape the fact that Scottish people vote Tory, elect Tory, and allow Tory government?

The Council of Elrond

Lmao any dirty trick eh

It's not a dirty trick

Why do you keep trying to escape the fact that Scottish people vote Tory, elect Tory, and allow Tory government? "

Yes 13 Scottish Tory branch mps were elected and they said they would stand up for Scottish interests

So what Scottish interests havie the stood up in June 2017 eh ?

Ayrshire

They got rid of Anguish Robertson and Salmond.

The whole of Scotland and other parts too, rejoiced in that news.

The Council of Elrond

Lmao yet Ticklybit remind me about who has the majority of Scottish seats in Westminster ?

Go on a double dare you to name one thing these 13 Scottish Tory branch mps have done for Scotland since June 2017?

"This is another pathetic attempt by the snp to stoke up a grievence against Westminster! !!

Grievence !!!

Grievance !!!!

Is Welsh Labour not doing the very same thing ?"

Yes and the Welsh are wrong as well !!

Cambridge

Lmao any dirty trick eh

It's not a dirty trick

Why do you keep trying to escape the fact that Scottish people vote Tory, elect Tory, and allow Tory government?

Yes 13 Scottish Tory branch mps were elected and they said they would stand up for Scottish interests

So what Scottish interests havie the stood up in June 2017 eh ?"

They have probably done more for Scotland than you'll ever do

Ayrshire

I'll double dare you to answer this.

The Council of Elrond

Grievence !!!

Grievance !!!!

Is Welsh Labour not doing the very same thing ?

Yes and the Welsh are wrong as well !!"

So whats the Welsh Labour excuse eh ?

You claim its grievence from the Scottish government to trigger a new independence referendum

So whats the excuse for Welsh Labour eh ? Whats their grievence?

The Council of Elrond

Lmao any dirty trick eh

It's not a dirty trick

So what Scottish interests havie the stood up in June 2017 eh ?

They have probably done more for Scotland than you'll ever do "

Come on what have the 13 Scottish Tory branch mps done to stand up for Scotland since June 2017 ?

The Council of Elrond

Ticklybit what have the 13 Scottish Tory branch mps done to stand up for Scotland since June 2017

Ayrshire

When are you going to attempt a response, I must have asked it twenty times.

People might think you are either too stupid to answer it, or as you say "shite feart" to.

The Council of Elrond

I have told you Ticklybit when you answer my question on the other thread

So what have the 13 Scottish Tory branch mps done to stand up for Scotland since June 2017

Brexit transends all party politics unless you are the snp then you manipulate all situations to inch closer to Indy !!!

As much as brexit is not going well the country can't afoard Tom dick and mc Harry interfering at every turn in the negotiations! !!

Cambridge

"Ok

By mentioning the Scottish legal system (yes I was aware) as a response to my post, which stated that it wasn't illegal, you appear to be implying that the proposed legislation is indeed an illegal act.

Interesting. "

I notice that Kinky hasn't denied that it's illegal!

Ayrshire

But I asked mine first, and I'll ask it again.

The Council of Elrond

"Brexit transends all party politics unless you are the snp then you manipulate all situations to inch closer to Indy !!!

As much as brexit is not going well the country can't afoard Tom dick and mc Harry interfering at every turn in the negotiations! !!"

Whats Welsh Labour grievence?

The Council of Elrond

Ticklybit how many more times

You answer my question to you in the other thread then i will answer

So till then So what have the 13 Scottish Tory branch mps done to stand up for Scotland since June 2017?

The Council of Elrond

I wonder why no one is willing to answer this what have the 13 Scottish Tory branch mps done to stand up for Scotland since June 2017

Ayrshire

I gave you an answer, you just didn't like it.

Oh and at least they turn up and vote unlike the member for Paisley.

One more time.

The Council of Elrond

Ooofffttt Ticklybit that you ready the gutter media and Labour spain

So i guess your on about Mhairi Black being absent from some votes

What the fuckers didnt tell you is she is ill

You learned the lesson yet dont believe your british media

Cambridge

"Ooofffttt Ticklybit that you ready the gutter media and Labour spain

You learned the lesson yet dont believe your british media"

Isn't Scotland part of Britain anymore?

Ayrshire

Ill enough to make public appearances and write two weekly columns for newspapers.

Kerching!

ROMFORD

Surely to be able to leave the eu you have to be in it to start with.

The UK is currently in the eu and voted to leave.

Scotland however has never been in the eu!

The lovely people of Scotland are part of the UK and are leaving with everyone else.

The Council of Elrond

Isn't Scotland part of Britain anymore? "

Totally went right over your heed what i said why Mhairi Black missed some votes

But yoons will try and attack her for being not well

Ayrshire

"Ill enough to make public appearances and write two weekly columns for newspapers.

Kerching!

What would you chose kinky?"

You never read replies, do you?

The Council of Elrond

"Surely to be able to leave the eu you have to be in it to start with.

The UK is currently in the eu and voted to leave.

Scotland however has never been in the eu!

The lovely people of Scotland are part of the UK and are leaving with everyone else."

Lmao the UK is in the EU at this very moment

The UK is Scotland England Wales and NI

So yes Scotland is in the EU just not member state

I people just seriously going to fly past the fact in 2014 Better Together told people that the only will to keep their EU citizenship is to vote no to independence

So are you claiming Scottish people are not EU citizens right now ? Lol

The Council of Elrond

Btw how many now believe the UKgovernment will block a binding independence referendum from happening ?

I think you all should prepare for a new independence referendum coming and people outside Scotland will have no say

Ayrshire

"Lmao the UK is in the EU at this very moment"

Haha, as is Scotland thanks to a no vote!

A yes vote would have seen us out of the EU in March 2016.

The Council of Elrond

Ticklybit and thanks to the UK they have screwed over every no voter that valued being a EU citizen but you dont give a shit do you ?

ROMFORD

"Ticklybit and thanks to the UK they have screwed over every no voter that valued being a EU citizen but you dont give a shit do you ?"

What way did you vote in the Scotish Independence referendum Kinky?

"Btw how many now believe the UKgovernment will block a binding independence referendum from happening ?

I think you all should prepare for a new independence referendum coming and people outside Scotland will have no say "

hope you are going to the "March for independence" in May Kinky

Ayrshire

We knew the EU ref was likely prior to the indy referendum.

What about you, did you give a damn about EU citizenship when you voted yes, you know you would've been out of the EU.

No wonder you are known as a joke on here!

"We knew the EU ref was likely prior to the indy referendum.

What about you, did you give a damn about EU citizenship when you voted yes, you know you would've been out of the EU.

No wonder you are known as a joke on here!

What would you chose kinky"

Ticklybit

you know as well as I know, Scotland will never get Independence

there are far many gutless living in Scotland sadly.

don't you agree

The Council of Elrond

"Ticklybit and thanks to the UK they have screwed over every no voter that valued being a EU citizen but you dont give a shit do you ?

What way did you vote in the Scotish Independence referendum Kinky?"

YES duh

I know your itching in your knickers to claim a yes vote would mean Scotland leaving the EU

But did you know there would have been two years of talks are you somehow claiming to know how those talks would have went ? Lol

The Council of Elrond

Fact is the UK has screwed over the no voters that value being a EU citizen

[Removed by poster at 28/02/18 16:51:39]

"Fact is the UK has screwed over the no voters that value being a EU citizen "

wasn't that part of the deal???

Vote No to independence if you wish to remain in EU

so many voters voted no, and now they are being dragged out,

The Council of Elrond

"Fact is the UK has screwed over the no voters that value being a EU citizen

wasn't that part of the deal???

Vote No to independence if you wish to remain in EU

so many voters voted no, and now they are being dragged out,"

Yup and some people on here seem to think people have no right to even change their minds and that it was a one off event that should never ever be asked again lol

Ah democracy eh lol

Ayrshire

"But did you know there would have been two years of talks are you somehow claiming to know how those talks would have went ?"

Did you know you're talking nonsense?

Did you read Scotgov,s White Paper that said it would have been independent in March 2016, that's 18 months, NOT two years!

Did you know the last new member in the EU took ten years from application to accession, and you think it's do-able in 18 months.

Why are you always wrong.

Heres a chance to redeem yourself, give me an answer to this.

The Council of Elrond

I sure do wonder why these people on here keep going back to 2014 lol

The here and now is Scotland didnt vote to leave the EU and some in here want to do everything they can to actually deny a democratic mandate to hold a new independence referendum

Some in here love trying to deny people their right to change their minds on independence as they are afraid that will lead to their wee fucked up UK union going bye bye

The Council of Elrond

Yes Ticklybit i do

You not been following what people in the EU have said Scotland would be welcomed into the EU and it could be fast tracked

I know that will out you in a right huff lol

You keeping hanging on to your wee UK it soon will be gone NI border will fuck the UK and if NI get a deal to stay in the single market and customs union then so should Scotland

If the UK wanna deny that then so be it you willing to let democracy speak and for Scotland to decide its own future or you too afraid to put it to the people of Scotland with a ballot paper ?

You seem quite happy to deny those that have changed their minds on independence because your afraid that people may actually prefer independence

And the no surrender mob goes bye bye lol

Ayrshire

That's right, Scotland didn't vote to leave or remain in the EU, neither did England vote to leave or remain in the EU and Wales didnt vote to leave or remain in the EU and , Northern Ireland didn't vote to leave or remain in the EU or even Gibraltar.

The constituent parts of the UK did not vote as constituencies.

Individuals voted, not parts/regions or countries

Citizens from all over the UK voted, and when all the votes from all the people were counted, the UK made its decision.

I wonder when will you decide to answer this.

Ayrshire

Fast track, we've been through this before.

We know what the three presidents have said, we know what the commission has said, we know the VP of the commission wrote to the Scottish Parliament to tell them that they would be out if independent.

Who you got that is in a position of authority to give this "fast track"?

A couple of MEP,s?

Remember, Farage and Coburn are MEP,s, they have no power to grant these things.

Do you have the power to answer this?

The Council of Elrond

I get it Ticklybit your holding onto anything that will save your wee fucked up UK

But the fact is people within the EU have said an independent Scotland would be welcome in the EU and could be fast tracked

Here is yoon supporter paper the Daily Record what they printed i suppose they Daily Record are telling lies eh lmao

A key European Commission representative has said there is "no reason" an independent Scotland would not be accepted into the European Union and that the process would be fast-tracked due to existing legal ties.

Jacqueline Minor, head of representation for the European Commission in the UK, said the country would be "starting from a point different from other applicant countries" because of its current EU membership

Oops thats why your keen to bury this dont want people to see that Scotland could be faat tracked and those no voters that vauke being EU citizens dont wanna lose then now eh ?

I get your afraid but hey thats democracy

And also shouldnt go fucking promising what you cant deliver lol

Ayrshire

Just you ignore the official correspondence from the VP of the EU Commission to the Scottish Parliament.

http://www.parliament.scot/S4_EuropeanandExternalRelationsCommittee/Inquiries/Letter_from_Viviane_Reding_Vice_President_of_the_European_Commission_dated_20_March_2014__pdf.pdf

Read it and tell me what it means.

If you cant read it, you can always read this and try and answer it.

The Council of Elrond

20th March 2014 that letter lmao

Move on we are in 2018 Ticklybit

Cambridge

Totally went right over your heed what i said why Mhairi Black missed some votes

But yoons will try and attack her for being not well "

You said "British media" that surely covers all media in Britain. Scottish media included.

Ayrshire

The Commission's position on the issue that you raise has been stated on a number of

occasions since 2004.

The Treaties apply to the Member States.

When part of the territory

of a Member State ceases to be a part of that State, e.g. because that territory becomes an

independent state, the treaties will no longer apply to that territory. In other words, a new

independent region would, by the fact of its independence, become a third country with

respect to the Union and the Treaties would, from the day of its independence, not apply

anymore on its territory.

Pretty conclusive I,d say.

Will you give a conclusive answer, who knows?

Ayrshire

"20th March 2014 that letter lmao

Move on we are in 2018 Ticklybit

"

Has the commissions position changed since?

No, of course not, infact it was reiterated in relation to Catalonia.

It confirmed the EU Commissions position.

Has your position changed about answering this question?

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"The title makes no sense."
Just like everything else he says!

The Council of Elrond

i totally get it Ticklybit your trying anything to save your UK union lol

Problem is we are in 2018 and with brexit never hapoened before so this is all new to everyone and the EU side have said an independent Scotland would be welcome in the EU and that it could be fast tracked now i know this pisses all over your wee agenda to save the UK and let Scotland face damage and try and deny people their rights to change their minds on independence your afraid i get it but thats no reason to stand in the way of democracy

The Council of Elrond

You said "British media" that surely covers all media in Britain. Scottish media included. "

Yup and does

And guess what broadcasting is not a devolved matter oops did i let that slip lmao

Ayrshire

The EU have not said that, you are lying to every one of us when you say that.

I gave you an official letter from the EU commission telling us the status of a new country in relation to the EU.

You have given us nothing other than a clipped quote from a newspaper.

Do you have anything officially from the EU, stating that a fast track is available.

Note the word, "official" please.

A letter or press release from the commission.

This isn't going away!

I don't think an independent country, be it Scotland or the rest of the UK, would be treated as a 'new' country, if it wanted to rejoin. It wasn't a given that what was left of the union would remain, either I seem to remember. All in all, no-one actually knows what would happen.

The Council of Elrond

Ok how about this some in the EU have said that An independent Scotland would be most welcome in the EU and it could be fast tracked that better ?

And also am sure the nearer and nearer we get to that doomsday clock when we know the final brexit deal i am pretty much you will here more and more from the EU on if Scotland vote for independence

Then that really will have you spooked lol

You dont even see the Irish border is gonna fuck the UK too lol

The UK really is on a thin ass piece of thread lmao the end is near

And then all 4 countries can go their own way and govern themselves the way it should be

Ayrshire

Some in the EU you are talking about MEP,s. They have no authority to give any reassurances. Only the commission can and I have shown you their position.

Christ, Farage and Coburn are MEP,s, do you take what they say with any degree of authority?

You say people will change their mind, I doubt they will especially when people ask questions like this, and people like you fail to answer them!

Ayrshire

"I don't think an independent country, be it Scotland or the rest of the UK, would be treated as a 'new' country, if it wanted to rejoin. It wasn't a given that what was left of the union would remain, either I seem to remember. All in all, no-one actually knows what would happen."

Do you know the position of the EU on new countries?

I gave a link to an official letter from the EU to the Scottish Parliament earlier outlining their position.

I suggest you read it.

The Council of Elrond

Go to youtube and type in " Journey to YES"

Then try and deny those were not no voters that have changed their mind eh ? Lol

The Council of Elrond

"I don't think an independent country, be it Scotland or the rest of the UK, would be treated as a 'new' country, if it wanted to rejoin. It wasn't a given that what was left of the union would remain, either I seem to remember. All in all, no-one actually knows what would happen.

Do you know the position of the EU on new countries?

I gave a link to an official letter from the EU to the Scottish Parliament earlier outlining their position.

I suggest you read it. "

You dont get it do you

Brexit has never happened before this is all new to everyone

Did you vote remain ?

Ayrshire

Run away and deflect on to another subject.

You can deflect this all you want to but that won't stop me trying.

The Council of Elrond

"Run away and deflect on to another subject.

You can deflect this all you want to but that won't stop me trying.

Try all you want but until you answer my question in the other thread i wont answer

Ayrshire

What question was that?

I've bought apples off your cart before

I'll still ask it, and people will see that it is you that is "shite feart" to answer it.

The Council of Elrond

"What question was that?

I'll still ask it, and people will see that it is you that is "shite feart" to answer it.

Go read the thread and see what you have not answered

You keep asking it once you have answered mine then i will be more than happy to answer it

Ayrshire

Bullshit, you are just looking for a way out.

Avoid it all you want, what would you say if someone else asked it?

How would you weasel your way out of that?

Any, as an eternal optimist, I'll try anyway.

"What question was that?

Tickly

Why do you not want to see your country - Scotland as a free Independent Country?

I take it you have moved up to Scotland from England is that correct

The Council of Elrond

BBC Reporting Scotland reported that the Lord Advocate "conceded" that this might go to the courts

He "conceded" fuck all do not let these British medias fuckers lie to you

Trying to make it out the Lord Advocate lost an argument bullshit!!!

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

"the Scottish government are in the wrong ?

"

Pretty much yes

The Council of Elrond

Pretty much yes "

So you wanna see devolved powers stay in Westminster?

oban

Pretty much yes

So you wanna see devolved powers stay in Westminster?"

yes. Should never have left westminster... well unless they were headed to Strasbourg.

Ayrshire

"

Tickly

Why do you not want to see your country - Scotland as a free Independent Country?

I take it you have moved up to Scotland from England is that correct"

Because I see it would damage our country and it would be significantly worse off in both the short and long term.

And the case that indy supporters put forward was flawed and unconvincing. There are others but that will be suffice for now.

And may I ask you how you came to the conclusion of you second paragraph and what relevance does it have to this discussion.

I do hope you are not introducing the nationalist "blood and soil" element that I and many other consider repugnant.

The Council of Elrond

Pretty much yes

So you wanna see devolved powers stay in Westminster? yes. Should never have left westminster... well unless they were headed to Strasbourg."

So in what way do you believe the Tiries would do better ?

Or you just mad cause the SNP are in government in Scotland ?

The Council of Elrond

Lmao says it all Ticklybit

So you claim you dont want to see Scotland damaged yet strange enough you are willing to see Scotland face being damaged in the UK with brexit go figure eh lol

Ayrshire

I've a question for you about that, what's worse for Scotland, will you answer.

The Council of Elrond

"I've a question for you about that, what's worse for Scotland, will you answer.

You want me to answer that go answer the question you failed to in the other thread

The Council of Elrond

It shows you Ticklybit its the UK union at any cost for you

You just claimed you dont wanna see Scotland damaged through independence

But strange how you seem happy enough to see Scotland damaged though a UK brexit

Ayrshire

Theres the rub, it gets damaged either way, however which causes the most damage, you can answer this now you are on the subject.

Scotland goes independent, the consequences of that is that it too leaves the EU in the hardest terms.

No deal, therefore the same if not worse job losses than Brexit.

Cambridge

You said "British media" that surely covers all media in Britain. Scottish media included.

Yup and does

And guess what broadcasting is not a devolved matter oops did i let that slip lmao "

Our media isn't state controlled! By mentioning that it's not a devolved matter suggests that you want the media to be controlled by the Scottish Parliament.

The Council of Elrond

Yup and does

And guess what broadcasting is not a devolved matter oops did i let that slip lmao

Our media isn't state controlled! By mentioning that it's not a devolved matter suggests that you want the media to be controlled by the Scottish Parliament. "

Whats so wrong about Scotland having its own broadcasting ?

Cambridge

Yup and does

Our media isn't state controlled! By mentioning that it's not a devolved matter suggests that you want the media to be controlled by the Scottish Parliament.

Whats so wrong about Scotland having its own broadcasting ?"

Birmingham has its own T.V. station, so what's stopping Scotland?

The Council of Elrond

Yup and does

Whats so wrong about Scotland having its own broadcasting ?

Birmingham has its own T.V. station, so what's stopping Scotland? "

Oh for fuck sake again broadcasting is not a devolved matter

Ayrshire

Yup and does

Whats so wrong about Scotland having its own broadcasting ?"

Make a case for it!

On you go!

The Council of Elrond

Make a case for it

Do you honestly truthfully believe the media in Scotland is balanced and no biased to the yoon side ?

I will show you one example

PFI's Labour brought them in yet media in Scotland that remember broadcasting is not devolved seem not to want to tell people who signed the PFI's

Brexit news in Scotland is never headline news its as if they dont wanna people knowing

Then we have broken ankle man the BBC thiught they would interview a known yoon to attack the NHS in Scotland and he is a well know yoon that hates the SNP

Also £150 for a tv licence get to fuck with that shite!!! But hey tou pay them that money to live the good life and watch them avoid paying tax and cover up some very sick shit

oban

"

Or you just mad cause the SNP are in government in Scotland ?"

For me its nothing to do with what political party is in control in either location. Its ideological. I'm british, not Scottish. Eventually though I'd like a federal states of Earth. One planet, one government. Long way off of course but breaking land masses into smaller and smaller units seems entirely illogical to me.

The Council of Elrond

"

Or you just mad cause the SNP are in government in Scotland ?

For me its nothing to do with what political party is in control in either location. Its ideological. I'm british, not Scottish. Eventually though I'd like a federal states of Earth. One planet, one government. Long way off of course but breaking land masses into smaller and smaller units seems entirely illogical to me."

Lol

So what makes you believe if Scotland gains independence you wont be british ?

Newsflash an independent Scotland will still be on the british isles correct ?

Its the UK that will break apart so why is it you want the Tories ruling over Scotland ?

Just for the record Kinky - what is ur opinion on the question posed some 20 times on this thread? I enjoy your contributions and you do make valid points , but do please give us your clear opinion ( and spare us the politicians trick of answering a question with a different question) .........thanks

The Council of Elrond

Ps who would decide where this one government would be ? Ruling over every country ?

Yoons be crazy lol

The Council of Elrond

"Just for the record Kinky - what is ur opinion on the question posed some 20 times on this thread? I enjoy your contributions and you do make valid points , but do please give us your clear opinion ( and spare us the politicians trick of answering a question with a different question) .........thanks"

Now now you will see i have asked Ticklybit answer my question first on the other thread he fails to do so yes i will wait thank you

Ayrshire

That was a great case you made for broadcast to be devolved

As usual you have nothing.

Ayrshire

"Just for the record Kinky - what is ur opinion on the question posed some 20 times on this thread? I enjoy your contributions and you do make valid points , but do please give us your clear opinion ( and spare us the politicians trick of answering a question with a different question) .........thanks

Now now you will see i have asked Ticklybit answer my question first on the other thread he fails to do so yes i will wait thank you "

And what questions was that?

The Council of Elrond

As usual Ticklybit you cant even come with a defence

So is the media in Scotland biased to the yoon side ?

"As usual Ticklybit you cant even come with a defence

So is the media in Scotland biased to the yoon side ? "

Kinky as usual you deflect both Kinky and myself answered your questions on the other threads

Again as usual you did not like the answer so would not accept it

We all know you want independance and Christ if all Scots where like you I would help you get it

Why not grow a pair of those baws you go on about and be a man and answer Tickles question

But we all know you wont

The Council of Elrond

Kinky as usual you deflect both Kinky and myself answered your questions on the other threads

We all know you want independance and Christ if all Scots where like you I would help you get it

Why not grow a pair of those baws you go on about and be a man and answer Tickles question

But we all know you wont "

Nope i will wait till i get an answer thanks

oban

Hell no. During the independence referendum I didn't see 1 pro unionist report on the BBC. Admittedly I never watch STV as it rubbish, so maybe that had some.

And please spell unionist correctly. Yoon is not a word

Depends what media you read/view...

Now man up and answer the questions!

But we all know you wont

Nope i will wait till i get an answer thanks "

Go check the threads you got answers you just didnt like them

You really are a waste of time wee man

Ayrshire

But we all know you wont

Nope i will wait till i get an answer thanks "

An answer to what?

Remind me please.

You won't of course, you will do anything to avoid this inconvenient question.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

But we all know you wont

Nope i will wait till i get an answer thanks

An answer to what?

Remind me please.

You won't of course, you will do anything to avoid this inconvenient question.

"

We all know he would choose the most damaging one but wont admit it as hes a coward

The Council of Elrond

Hell no. During the independence referendum I didn't see 1 pro unionist report on the BBC. Admittedly I never watch STV as it rubbish, so maybe that had some.

And please spell unionist correctly. Yoon is not a word "

Yeah ok whatever you say

Again broadcasting is not devolved and do you really think the likes of the BBC wanna lose tax money out their tv licence ?

Also its yoon or yoonist Scottish slang and no i wont stop using it my choice and will not be told what i can or cannot say

Ayrshire

Defence against what exactly?

You couldnt put a coherent case for it.

More grievance hunting.

Try hunting for an answer to this.

The Council of Elrond

Ok simply The case to devolve broadcasting

Will save people £150 a year on the BBC lying to us and for to stop funding their tax avoidence schemes and their cover ups of abuse

There is a lovely case to get rid of biased BBC pish

"Ok simply The case to devolve broadcasting

Will save people £150 a year on the BBC lying to us and for to stop funding their tax avoidence schemes and their cover ups of abuse

There is a lovely case to get rid of biased BBC pish"

So the beeb then produce programs for nothing then

The Council of Elrond

So the beeb then produce programs for nothing then"

The BBC can shove it right up their arse i dont care what they do hell fucking hope it goes bust

They know people wouldnt pay for a subscription for the BBC so they will threat people to pay their tv tax stop paying for lies and save £150

The BBC can shove it right up their arse i dont care what they do hell fucking hope it goes bust

They know people wouldnt pay for a subscription for the BBC so they will threat people to pay their tv tax stop paying for lies and save £150

"

So you dont watch programs on the beeb then or listen to one of the radio stations

"Brexit transends all party politics unless you are the snp then you manipulate all situations to inch closer to Indy !!!

As much as brexit is not going well the country can't afoard Tom dick and mc Harry interfering at every turn in the negotiations! !!

Whats Welsh Labour grievence? "

They are just fuckwits !!!

The Council of Elrond

They are just fuckwits !!!"

So Labour are fuckwits then why in the hell would tou ever want them to be elected to be the Scottish government ?

The Council of Elrond

So you dont watch programs on the beeb then or listen to one of the radio stations"

I dont watch tv am good with Netflix and youtube

Save your money instead of giving them pricks any money

"

I think your opinion kinky is the majority opinion of Scotland, I also agree

So a majority of 2 then

oban

There is a lovely case to get rid of biased BBC pish"

I don't understand where this idea that the BBC are biased and not worth the money comes from at all. I can only get about 1 BBC channel at the moment and I still think it's value for money. I'd pay that for Radio4 alone, let alone the tv channels and website.

The Council of Elrond

"So a majority of 2 then "

Lol yeah ok whatever you say thought alot of people in Scotland told the BBC go fuck yourself after 2014

Why do you think the BBC scrapped their channel called BBC 3 and went online with it they had to get rid of alot of shows they can feel the pinch that people are saying to hell with paying £150 for shite like Eastenders

When Netflix , Amazon prime Are cheaper and you get to pick what you want to watch

Why give BBC their gravy train money to avoid paying tax and covering up abuse not in my name

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

[Removed by poster at 01/03/18 16:38:06]

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Spot on kinky I only wach question time and this week once a week it's a rip offfff

They are just fuckwits !!!

So Labour are fuckwits then why in the hell would tou ever want them to be elected to be the Scottish government ?"

No the Welsh assembly are fuckwits !!!

"So a majority of 2 then

Lol yeah ok whatever you say thought alot of people in Scotland told the BBC go fuck yourself after 2014

Why do you think the BBC scrapped their channel called BBC 3 and went online with it they had to get rid of alot of shows they can feel the pinch that people are saying to hell with paying £150 for shite like Eastenders

When Netflix , Amazon prime Are cheaper and you get to pick what you want to watch

Why give BBC their gravy train money to avoid paying tax and covering up abuse not in my name "

Ok so you are saying that the money is used for tax avoidance and cover ups as well as tory bias

Not interested in award winning programs then

Say like the Blue Planet.

Some say the licence fee is good some say bad

I have come to the conclusion you are a nasty little fucker and hate everything and everyone that doesnt agree with you

Just my opinion

The Council of Elrond

"So a majority of 2 then

Why give BBC their gravy train money to avoid paying tax and covering up abuse not in my name

Ok so you are saying that the money is used for tax avoidance and cover ups as well as tory bias

I have come to the conclusion you are a nasty little fucker and hate everything and everyone that doesnt agree with you

Just my opinion "

Whatever you say thats your opinion lol

So have ever saw the tv goons or the threaten letters the BBC send ?

They threat people to pay their bullshit

But hey if you wanna give them £150 then you help them avoid paying tax and cover up abuse but i wont not in my name

"So a majority of 2 then

Just my opinion

Whatever you say thats your opinion lol

So have ever saw the tv goons or the threaten letters the BBC send ?

They threat people to pay their bullshit

But hey if you wanna give them £150 then you help them avoid paying tax and cover up abuse but i wont not in my name "

The problem is, there is no choice, you must pay, whether you choose to watch BBC or not

regardless, you must pay

Ayrshire

"

The problem is, there is no choice, you must pay, whether you choose to watch BBC or not

regardless, you must pay"

Untrue, You don’t need a licence if you don’t watch live programmes. If you do watch anything live – be it on your standard set or online via PC, phone, tablet or anything else – you need a licence. That applies even if you’re watching using a mobile 3G connection or your Wi-Fi.

The Council of Elrond

"

regardless, you must pay

Untrue, You don’t need a licence if you don’t watch live programmes. If you do watch anything live – be it on your standard set or online via PC, phone, tablet or anything else – you need a licence. That applies even if you’re watching using a mobile 3G connection or your Wi-Fi.

"

Now try telling people they still send tv goons at your door asking to come in to your home to prove you aint watching their bullshit

Then if you dont allow them in they go and getting the police and a warrent to force there way in

Its bad enough that these tv goons actually have to go get the police in a civil matter

I suppose you never have had a threaten letter off the BBC i return to sender with the words"eat my jobby" lol

Ayrshire

A glimpse into the mind of a nationalist.

The Council of Elrond

Ok Ticklybit what did i get wrong above ?

"

regardless, you must pay

Now try telling people they still send tv goons at your door asking to come in to your home to prove you aint watching their bullshit

Then if you dont allow them in they go and getting the police and a warrent to force there way in

Its bad enough that these tv goons actually have to go get the police in a civil matter

I suppose you never have had a threaten letter off the BBC i return to sender with the words"eat my jobby" lol "

So it is not just the forum posters that know you are a complete cretin !!!!

If you do not want to pay it then fine.

You use the finely honed debating skill you use on here to state eat my hobby

Well is that not a reasoned arguement for not paying

The Council of Elrond

"

regardless, you must pay

I suppose you never have had a threaten letter off the BBC i return to sender with the words"eat my jobby" lol

So it is not just the forum posters that know you are a complete cretin !!!!

If you do not want to pay it then fine.

You use the finely honed debating skill you use on here to state eat my hobby

Well is that not a reasoned arguement for not paying "

No no no no its "eat my jobby" not hobby jobby lol

Well if they are fine with threating people to pay for their shite then yeah i will write to them back with a nice lovely reply lol

I notice how Ticklybit tried to make it out its only nationists that do that

No no i think you will find quite alot return those threaten letters with nice lovely replies too

I suppose none of you even worked out it says legal occupier on the letter lmao

Ayrshire

"Ok Ticklybit what did i get wrong above ?"

What did I say you got wrong?

Ayrshire

"

"

Did I?

Yet another interesting interpretation of a post from a nationalist.

"

Did I?

is it only "select" nationalists you hate?

or all nationalists?

I have just read my local paper from yesterday.

I think nats must go to a letter/ debating school together !!!

This woman letter writer if I did not know better was kinky.

Full of grievance against the Labour party !!!

Full of you won't tell us what to do !!!

There must be thought control with these people as they all sound identical !!!!

Obviously she did not come up with any answers to get grievence .... just the grievence it's self !!!

The grievance

"I have just read my local paper from yesterday.

I think nats must go to a letter/ debating school together !!!

This woman letter writer if I did not know better was kinky.

Full of grievance against the Labour party !!!

Full of you won't tell us what to do !!!

There must be thought control with these people as they all sound identical !!!!

Obviously she did not come up with any answers to get grievence .... just the grievence it's self !!!"

any wonder?

Look at the History of Scottish Labour

Kezia Dugdale

Jim Murphy

Johann Lamont

Is there any wonder that Scots have walked away from a Labour vote

The Council of Elrond

Cant forget the former Scottish Labour branch leader Jack McConnell

He send back £1 billion of underspend money as he had no clue what to do with it lol

Ayrshire

"

Did I?

is it only "select" nationalists you hate?

or all nationalists?"

Hate?

It's just an observation, not hate at all.

That's another interesting interpretation, this time from you.

Ayrshire

"Cant forget the former Scottish Labour branch leader Jack McConnell

He send back £1 billion of underspend money as he had no clue what to do with it lol

"

Hows that £500m Scottish Growth Scheme the snp had in their manifesto doing?

You know the one that they haven't spent a penny of yet.

Growth in Scotland is stagnant and what are they doing?

Nothing!

Sitting on a fund specifically for growing the economy and they let it wither on the vine.

Stronger for Scotland!

I don't think so.

Its great being a nationalist

I have no issues with wanting the best for your country

What I can't stand is the fervent hatred certain nationalists display its, I love my country but hate everyone else, its one step away from the old BNP

All the vitriol against government that does not have the same agenda or your beliefs is pretty damning really