FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Do you regret?

Do you regret?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you regret voting for brexit either way?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

No

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The regrets surely should come from those that couldn't be bothered to vote?

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Nope, but why would Remainers ever feel regret, whatever happens?

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I voted for what I thought was right in 2016. I've no regrets

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Nope. Not at all

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I think a lot of people won't regret voting for Brexit as they felt it was the only way to send a message to politicians and the EU that their issues were constantly being ignored.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

People find it very difficult to acknowledge a mistake, particularly if they have committed to it publicly.

Most people didn't care about the EU until they were told they had to. They don't really care about it now.

What most people care about is how comfortable their life is.

Some people may regret their decision now. Some may if the things work out badly. Some will still point to "weakness" or "conspiracy" however bad the outcome.

If things work out well then no one will regret anything although they may admit they were wrong.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"I think a lot of people won't regret voting for Brexit as they felt it was the only way to send a message to politicians and the EU that their issues were constantly being ignored."

They will. Give it time.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I voted remain no one really knows for sure how brexit will work out.Only time will tell if we have done the right thing.If we had to vote again I would still vote the same way.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

No regrets here and will vote leave again if it comes to another referendum.

West London

"No regrets here and will vote leave again if it comes to another referendum. "

You wouldn't under any circumstances? There's nothing that could happen?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"No regrets here and will vote leave again if it comes to another referendum.

You wouldn't under any circumstances? There's nothing that could happen?"

No, the EU won't change. That has become abundantly clear since we voted Leave. If anything the noise coming out of the EU since we voted Leave has become even more federalist which I'm opposed to so I'm even more convinced now we need to leave.

West London

No, the EU won't change. That has become abundantly clear since we voted Leave. If anything the noise coming out of the EU since we voted Leave has become even more federalist which I'm opposed to so I'm even more convinced now we need to leave. "

What if we get no trade deals at all with anyone and the country becomes poorer?

What if the trade deals we negotiate are on such bad terms that the country is flooded with cheap goods destroying our industry even though everything will be cheaper?

By *pidernickMan  over a year ago

Locks Heath (Fareham borough)

I voted Remain and, after the debacle that followed the vote, I am more convinced than ever that I was correct.

Most Leave voters won't admit they were wrong and when it all goes (even more) tits up, it will be Remain voters who are blamed for not getting behind the result from day one! You may think that is unlikely, but I am already starting to see hints of this on another forum.

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"I think a lot of people won't regret voting for Brexit as they felt it was the only way to send a message to politicians and the EU that their issues were constantly being ignored."

That's a bit like flouncing out of a party and out into a blizzard because no-one would talk to you.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't regret what I voted for and have sustained my opinion. Remaining was the most certain option and would have kept the option open to leave the EU at any point after that, to the same timescales as per the current choice/debacle.

Leaving the EU was a much more serious option, as returning to the EU after exit, would not be as quick as the 2 year exit process, with potentially much higher costs (the costs of membership could be higher and the costs of not being a member, after leaving, are significantly higher, should the UK want to return). The process of leaving also has a cost, of course.

People usually exist in a self-formed bubble after they've taken a decision, usually permitting only data that supports their decisions. And it takes a painful experience in this instance, for them to reassess their position. The timeframe between voting and the actual result being completed is also long, making the learning process very protracted: people can thus conveniently forget their own behavioural reasons for what has caused a delayed painful experience.

It isn't known what the eventual position will be - the UK may not exit the EU even - so it is likely only available for digestion in a few years time.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, the EU won't change. That has become abundantly clear since we voted Leave. If anything the noise coming out of the EU since we voted Leave has become even more federalist which I'm opposed to so I'm even more convinced now we need to leave. "

NW London

"I think a lot of people won't regret voting for Brexit as they felt it was the only way to send a message to politicians and the EU that their issues were constantly being ignored.

That's a bit like flouncing out of a party and out into a blizzard because no-one would talk to you. "

It isn't. Many people have tried for years to highlight certain Issues (arising From the EU) which they believe affect them adversely and have felt ignored by politicians and eurocrats.

For them voting leave was the only opportunity to express themselves and send a message

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

No regrets on how we voted

West London

"I think a lot of people won't regret voting for Brexit as they felt it was the only way to send a message to politicians and the EU that their issues were constantly being ignored.

That's a bit like flouncing out of a party and out into a blizzard because no-one would talk to you.

It isn't. Many people have tried for years to highlight certain Issues (arising From the EU) which they believe affect them adversely and have felt ignored by politicians and eurocrats.

For them voting leave was the only opportunity to express themselves and send a message"

I don't disagree that this referendum reflected discontent with the status quo, but that does not actually mean that the EU is the cause.

It may be perceived to be. It may be in part, but I think the UK can take the credit for most of the situation which included it's complicity in the 2008 crash. Why else has there been a similar reaction in the US?

NW London

For them voting leave was the only opportunity to express themselves and send a message

I don't disagree that this referendum reflected discontent with the status quo, but that does not actually mean that the EU is the cause.

It may be perceived to be. It may be in part, but I think the UK can take the credit for most of the situation which included it's complicity in the 2008 crash. Why else has there been a similar reaction in the US?"

I think people in many countries are disenfranchised with conventional politics and politicians. This is shown in the French and Italian elections as well as Brexit and the US presidential election. People are using their votes to send a message to the establishment.

No regrets.

Nor has my ex or my three children. And there was a “split” vote amongst us.

The decision has been made....my only regret is the constant whinging and sniping from both sides. Now we have a decision...let’s just get on with it and get the best we can out of it either way.

Drop the crap about in or out of the single market. In or out of the/a customs union etc.

EU rules are CLEAR and have been repeatedly emphasised by Barnier, Junker et al. If we leave the EU we leave the single market AND the customs union....FACT!

What we negotiate to replace them remains to be seen...but we have to accept being out of both as a starting point. Until then we cannot progress.

West London

"No regrets.

The decision has been made....my only regret is the constant whinging and sniping from both sides. Now we have a decision...let’s just get on with it and get the best we can out of it either way.

Drop the crap about in or out of the single market. In or out of the/a customs union etc.

EU rules are CLEAR and have been repeatedly emphasised by Barnier, Junker et al. If we leave the EU we leave the single market AND the customs union....FACT!

What we negotiate to replace them remains to be seen...but we have to accept being out of both as a starting point. Until then we cannot progress."

Why do we have to accept that?

What is the cost of this? Was it at all clear during the referendum?

If not then why shouldn't people bin it off as dumb?

I know there will be the normal line about: we won by 4%. That's overwhelming support. Get over it. It's democracy. Are we just going to have referenda until we get the right answer?

Except in democracy you can both change your mind and hold people accountable for not delivering on their promises. We keep having general elections looking for the right answer and Farage said that 53:48 would be unfinished business.

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

Got no regrets for voting or the way I voted, disappointed with the outcome.We were on hols in France at the time , went to a lot of trouble to get voting papers sent to France but it worked ok so I feel happy we did our best

"No regrets.

What we negotiate to replace them remains to be seen...but we have to accept being out of both as a starting point. Until then we cannot progress.

Why do we have to accept that?

What is the cost of this? Was it at all clear during the referendum?

If not then why shouldn't people bin it off as dumb?

I know there will be the normal line about: we won by 4%. That's overwhelming support. Get over it. It's democracy. Are we just going to have referenda until we get the right answer?

Except in democracy you can both change your mind and hold people accountable for not delivering on their promises. We keep having general elections looking for the right answer and Farage said that 53:48 would be unfinished business."

Clearly we all knew at the time that leaving would be catastrophic for the economy in the short and long term. But papers like the Mail, Express and Sun just told blatant lies. (Not saying the remain campaign was much better on the bullshit stakes).

The problem is that the Tories (and any party) think they’ll lose a shit load of votes if they suggest a second referendum or call for Brexit to be halted. That’s the bottom line. They’d rather see the country in ruins than lose votes.

We are forced to accept the result of the referendum. There is nothing we can do about it.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

No how many times are people going to ask this question?

» Add a new message to this topic