FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Cheating to win in sport

Cheating to win in sport

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As has been exposed the Aussie cricket team have been caught out.

What I can't understand is that if your a professional sports person and you cheat you devalue the win. Whilst you may fool other's you can't fool yourself. If you have to cheat to win then should you pack it in?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It's human nature.

In every walk of life, some people will do whatever it takes to gain an advantage.

In sport, that's known as cheating.

In business and politics, it's corruption.

Wherever people congregate, a proportion of them will not play by the rules.

It transcends gender, ethnicity, nationality etc.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It's a strange one because they are a very good team, the whole management team needs to go if they were complicit..

Listen to Jim Maxwell on tms, the emotion is palpable and its a bad day for the Australian team and will be felt across their society given the emphasis they place on sport..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It's a strange one because they are a very good team, the whole management team needs to go if they were complicit..

Listen to Jim Maxwell on tms, the emotion is palpable and its a bad day for the Australian team and will be felt across their society given the emphasis they place on sport.. "

how do you know they are good!

perhaps this is only the first time they have been caught out

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

It's sad, in any walk of life, not just sport.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Footage now emerging of dirty tricks in the recent Ashes series.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

There is very little cheating in sport and this is not cheating in sport.

This is cheating in PROFESSIONAL SPORT, and professional sport is not sport it is BIG BUSINESS and in big business the rule is do anything to increase profits and when caught shove the patsies under the bus, leave things alone till the outrage dies down and then return to business as usual.

"There is very little cheating in sport and this is not cheating in sport.

This is cheating in PROFESSIONAL SPORT, and professional sport is not sport it is BIG BUSINESS and in big business the rule is do anything to increase profits and when caught shove the patsies under the bus, leave things alone till the outrage dies down and then return to business as usual. "

so that doesn't include the Olympics, phew, glad no cheating goes on there

moston

"so that doesn't include the Olympics, phew, glad no cheating goes on there "

Your really out of date...

Since the 1980's many Olympic disciplines have allowed professionals to compete and 2016 was the last Olympics where only amateur boxers could compete. In fact at the time when the IOC lifted the blanket ban on professional sportspeople taking part they said it was to make the Olympics a more profitable business.

"so that doesn't include the Olympics, phew, glad no cheating goes on there

Your really out of date...

Since the 1980's many Olympic disciplines have allowed professionals to compete and 2016 was the last Olympics where only amateur boxers could compete. In fact at the time when the IOC lifted the blanket ban on professional sportspeople taking part they said it was to make the Olympics a more profitable business."

yikes;

so are you saying cheating goes on in the Olympics

This is a stain the Aussie team won't be washing out anytime soon.I feel for the fans who also have to take the flack from now on from rival fans.On second thoughts their Aussie ..fuck em

"This is a stain the Aussie team won't be washing out anytime soon.I feel for the fans who also have to take the flack from now on from rival fans.On second thoughts their Aussie ..fuck em

"

Nothing wrong with Aussies mate.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Most sports now have cheats ...from golf to bowls

.cheats....as a famous rider once said ....those who cheat smartest win xx

"Most sports now have cheats ...from golf to bowls

.cheats....as a famous rider once said ....those who cheat smartest win xx"

Very true but they know that the only reason they won was by cheating - surely this only devalues their "achievement "?

What's the point?

Very true but they know that the only reason they won was by cheating - surely this only devalues their "achievement "?

What's the point?"

not necessarily, what if all the others were cheating too

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

What's the point?

not necessarily, what if all the others were cheating too"

Then the competition is not in the sport. The competition is in the cheating.

As a business to make money, there is a point. As a sport to see who has the greatest skill there is none.

canterbury

The reason tends to be fame and money ....armstrong was never made to pay back his tour wins prize money ....so it would appear he did well from cheating

Cambridge

Is cricket really a sport? I mean, it goes on for days, the players go to sleep for God's sake. That's not sport.

"Is cricket really a sport? I mean, it goes on for days, the players go to sleep for God's sake. That's not sport."

bloody heck!!!

I agree

Cambridge

"Is cricket really a sport? I mean, it goes on for days, the players go to sleep for God's sake. That's not sport.

bloody heck!!!

I agree"

Football, fucking boring. It takes nearly 2 hours, sometimes there isn't even a goal. Those Muppets are only using 1 ball, that's why. It would be a lot more interesting if there were 2, which one should we concentrate on, should we attack or defend etc, have we got both, have they got both? One each? Much more exciting.

Cambridge

And don't even get me started on tennis. It's so blatantly unfair to one side. The player closest to the camera has a MASSIVE patch of grass that he has to defend/return balls from, but the other guy has a tiny patch, a lot easier to run across to return balls etc. That's just not fair at all. I know which side I would pick.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It's human nature.

In every walk of life, some people will do whatever it takes to gain an advantage.

In sport, that's known as cheating.

In business and politics, it's corruption.

Wherever people congregate, a proportion of them will not play by the rules.

It transcends gender, ethnicity, nationality etc.

"

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Is cricket really a sport? I mean, it goes on for days, the players go to sleep for God's sake. That's not sport."
It is a great sport involving the mind as well as many other attributes.Takes a lot of understanding like chess,it is a game of guile.

Sadly 20/20 does take a lot away from the true game.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Is cricket really a sport? I mean, it goes on for days, the players go to sleep for God's sake. That's not sport.It is a great sport involving the mind as well as many other attributes.Takes a lot of understanding like chess,it is a game of guile.

Sadly 20/20 does take a lot away from the true game."

for once i agree with you partly, think 20/20 is needed in today's societies with falling gate numbers in the county games..

its exciting and like the one day and day/night matches its another format which may attract the youngsters..

great sport..

5 day tests..... just as exciting as watching the Big Brother house cams at 3am .....

"And don't even get me started on tennis. It's so blatantly unfair to one side. The player closest to the camera has a MASSIVE patch of grass that he has to defend/return balls from, but the other guy has a tiny patch, a lot easier to run across to return balls etc. That's just not fair at all. I know which side I would pick. "

And one cow is closer and the other one is far away!

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I feel there is too much money and sponsors in sports that the temptation to cheat will always be there it's a shame as far as I am concerned.I know snooker is not everyone cup of tea but on Sunday Shaun Murphy called a foul on himself there by gifting the frame to Ronnie O'Sullivan.

canterbury

Look up how many players have being done for match fixing....in snooker ...a fair few

moston

And still all examples are from professional sport.

It is a shame that so few either understand that 'professional sport' is not sport, it is the business of spectacle for profit, or refuse to differentiate between the two endeavours.

Once upon a time when a sports person won something you would admire their achievement, now you think is it clean?

canterbury

Agree with above ..shame on cheats but a lot do prosper.....im all for lifetime bans ...but in some cases they back in the fold in months x

"Is cricket really a sport? I mean, it goes on for days, the players go to sleep for God's sake. That's not sport.

bloody heck!!!

I agree

Football, fucking boring. It takes nearly 2 hours, sometimes there isn't even a goal. Those Muppets are only using 1 ball, that's why. It would be a lot more interesting if there were 2, which one should we concentrate on, should we attack or defend etc, have we got both, have they got both? One each? Much more exciting. "

Sky Diving

Surfing

Bike Racing

3 proper sports

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Look up how many players have being done for match fixing....in snooker ...a fair few"
. Yeah however they were cheating not to win but lose in order to make money which is even worst than trying to win by cheating.I just felt Murphy calling a foul on himself after everything that had gone on in the cricket world was a class thing to do.

» Add a new message to this topic