FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Renew Britain party

Renew Britain party

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are we ready for a new party. I think the government are so far out of touch that it is time for change. What do you think x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

No.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Our political system is so entrenched, new parties don't tend to take off. We are still better than the US though!

Leeds

And what "gap in the market" is there?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah there is always room.I guess they could be the party the gets Britain back in the EU after a decade or so of campaigning for it then fade once we are in again.

Much like the kippers who got us out then obliterated themselves in a fire storm of hate and effective leadership.

Leeds

No. That won't work. People will have moved on and just not be interested.

That's what happened to UKIP. They only had 2 policies - Save the £, which they did, and get us out of the EU, which they did.

They succeeded on both of their policies, but then they had nothing else to say about anything else.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

You mean IF there’s an eu to go back to in a decade or so

Leeds

That's true!

"You mean IF there’s an eu to go back to in a decade or so "
Well nobody can know but I doubt it will collapse

that's just a kipper fantasy.

I do think they'll be a party to get us back in.Which will be well funded.It really depends how brexit pans out.

Leeds

There will not be a party to go back in. It would be too expensive, and take too long, and for what purpose?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

The eu will break up in the next 10 years...when people wake up to the bigger problems of the eu ....only the Donald can save the eu now lol x

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"You mean IF there’s an eu to go back to in a decade or so Well nobody can know but I doubt it will collapse

I do think they'll be a party to get us back in.Which will be well funded.It really depends how brexit pans out."

If they let us back in, that is!

-Matt

Barbados

"The eu will break up in the next 10 years...when people wake up to the bigger problems of the eu ....only the Donald can save the eu now lol x"

Depends. Do they have many golf courses in the rest of the EU? Besides the British Isles?

-Matt

Leeds

"You mean IF there’s an eu to go back to in a decade or so Well nobody can know but I doubt it will collapse

I do think they'll be a party to get us back in.Which will be well funded.It really depends how brexit pans out.

-Matt"

They will let us back in for sure, to pay for all the duff countries that they have let in, but it would be on their terms and be expensive and no rebate clause like we have now.

"The eu will break up in the next 10 years...when people wake up to the bigger problems of the eu ....only the Donald can save the eu now lol x"

The EU is going nowhere what sort of fool wants our biggest trading partner to collapse.Talk about cut off your nose to spite your face.

Brexiters are such fools.Theey want a failed EU on their border to say told you so ..You crazy cunts make me laugh...

Barbados

-Matt

They will let us back in for sure, to pay for all the duff countries that they have let in, but it would be on their terms and be expensive and no rebate clause like we have now."

Right. They will dictate the terms. Just like they dictate the terms of what we can't have when we leave. But it may turn out that in practical terms we won't be able to get back in. And yes, all of this process to get back what we have and for worse deal than the great deal we currently have.

-Matt

Leeds

Biggest trading partner?

But they sell far more to us, that we sell to them!

Leeds

They are just the supermarket where we buy everything from at rip off rates, and won't let us do trade deals of our own with others!

Barbados

"Biggest trading partner?

But they sell far more to us, that we sell to them!"

Yes. Biggest trading partner. We buy and sell more to and from the EU as a single entity than any other country or group of countries.

In terms of exports (which is what you seem to care about) we export almost the same amount to the EU/EFTA as we do to everywhere else COMBINED.

-Matt

canterbury

No need for bad words ....like James blunts..etc ...we all have opinions my friend ..show some class x

canterbury

Ps love people with high opinions but hide there profiles ...love it x

Leeds

But they sell far more to us, that we sell to them!

Yes. Biggest trading partner. We buy and sell more to and from the EU as a single entity than any other country or group of countries.

Because those are the rules! We cannot strike our own trade deals outside the EU, say with Australia.

And the EU sell far more to us that we sell to them.

And we pay far more into the EU than we receive from them, unlike some countries.

So why would we want to go back in?

In terms of exports (which is what you seem to care about) we export almost the same amount to the EU/EFTA as we do to everywhere else COMBINED.

-Matt"

There was an old woman on the news saying "we should just go" as in just walk out of the EU.

Reporter: What do you mean just go ?

Woman: We should just go, leave right now.

Reporter: What about sorting out the Northern Ireland issue?

Woman: "Blank face" We should just go.

Reporter: What about sorting out our Countries trade deal with the EU ?

Woman: We should just go.

Kind of sums up the Brexit mentality shared by so many.

"No need for bad words ....like James blunts..etc ...we all have opinions my friend ..show some class x"
Your having a laugh right...Sorry I've looked in my big bag of fucks to give to mad brexiters who want the EU to collapse and I'm all out today and will most likely be out tomorrow.

Cambridge

"The eu will break up in the next 10 years...when people wake up to the bigger problems of the eu ....only the Donald can save the eu now lol x

The EU is going nowhere what sort of fool wants our biggest trading partner to collapse.Talk about cut off your nose to spite your face.

Brexiters are such fools.Theey want a failed EU on their border to say told you so ..You crazy cunts make me laugh... "

The collapse of the EU would be pretty fucking bad, from a humanitarian, as well as economically, and quite probably militarily as well.

Leeds

"There was an old woman on the news saying "we should just go" as in just walk out of the EU.

Kind of sums up the Brexit mentality shared by so many."

But what if we did? Was her idea so wrong?

Cambridge

"There was an old woman on the news saying "we should just go" as in just walk out of the EU.

Kind of sums up the Brexit mentality shared by so many.

But what if we did? Was her idea so wrong?"

What if we did? We would be fucked. Was her idea so wrong, yes, yes it was.

Leeds

Why was it? Why would we be fucked?

Cambridge

"Why was it? Why would we be fucked?"

are you being serious right now?

Leeds

Yes. Tell me why.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

But that's how some people thought, and do still think. Educate them, don't deride them.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I don’t want the eu to fail but I do think it will change a decade or so is a long time in politics

Cambridge

"Yes. Tell me why. "

Right, I will give you just 1 example, and you tell me what kind of impact it would have.

If we left tomorrow, millions of people in the UK (EU citizens), and millions of people in the EU (UK citizens) would be illegal immigrants in the country they live in, immediately subject to detention and deportation.

Just have a think about the impact of that one example.

Leeds

But it wouldn't happen. That's just remoaner scaremongering.

Every illegal immigrant is still here. No one ever gets deported.

We tried deporting homeless EU citizens - people who came all the way from other EU countries, presumably where they could be homeless, so that they could be homeless in the UK. The High Court said that was illegal.

And let's pretend that there was mass deportation of EU nationals from the UK and vice versa.

Why would the UK woman, living in the UK care?

She would not be deported, so why should she care about who was.

That's her point.

Cambridge

"But it wouldn't happen. That's just remoaner scaremongering.

Every illegal immigrant is still here. No one ever gets deported.

We tried deporting homeless EU citizens - people who came all the way from other EU countries, presumably where they could be homeless, so that they could be homeless in the UK. The High Court said that was illegal.

And let's pretend that there was mass deportation of EU nationals from the UK and vice versa.

Why would the UK woman, living in the UK care?

She would not be deported, so why should she care about who was.

That's her point.

"

Deportations DO happen. It's not scaremongering, if you just walk away without an agreement, that's exactly what would happen.

Why should she care? What if the woman who writes her pay cheque gets deported? Would she care then? How about the guy catering her wedding at the weekend? Would she care then? How about that surgery she was due to have next week? Would she care then? How about when supermarket shelves are empty? Would she care then?

It's patently absurd to believe that she would feel no impact from millions of people being detained and deported over night.

On the other side, we now have millions of Brits coming back to towns and cities around the UK that are homeless. Is she going to step over them as goes to work with them sleeping in doorways? Or is her local authority going to bankrupt itself housing these people in temporary accommodation?

Leeds

No it wouldn't, because the EU sells more to us that we sell to them and they want a divorce deal too.

So if there are deportations, then they lose the trade and the divorce deal.

That's what she means by walk away, and that is what we should have done.

They would soon have come to the negotiating table.

In case you had forgotten, we have not left yet, so if we had walked away at the start, then the deportations would only happen when we leave. They cannot deport yet.

And the threat would have shown that we had balls, instead of rolling over and dying.

The boss of Porsche was making noises, only the other week about the fact that there had to be a trade deal. Why was that?

And how come there are 1.45 million unemployed in the UK, yet there are so many foreign workers?

Perhaps if they were deported (which would never happen) then the wedding cake that you mention for the woman could be made by someone from the UK.

Why is she not entitled to think like that?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Our political system is so entrenched, new parties don't tend to take off. We are still better than the US though! "
New parties do not become the government but can bring about new ideas and influence the existing parties.Examples of this are the Greens and UKIP both have had great influence in recent years.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"You mean IF there’s an eu to go back to in a decade or so "

Would love a new party, something like Macron's en marche. I just would not know who to vote for in next election with current lot.

Cambridge

"No it wouldn't, because the EU sells more to us that we sell to them and they want a divorce deal too.

In case you had forgotten, we have not left yet, so if we had walked away at the start, then the deportations would only happen when we leave. They cannot deport yet.

And the threat would have shown that we had balls, instead of rolling over and dying.

The boss of Porsche was making noises, only the other week about the fact that there had to be a trade deal. Why was that?

And how come there are 1.45 million unemployed in the UK, yet there are so many foreign workers?

Perhaps if they were deported (which would never happen) then the wedding cake that you mention for the woman could be made by someone from the UK.

"

No, if you walk away, there is no deal. If you leave the EU today, then we would have left!

She is as entitled to think that as people are entitled to think that the earth is flat. Both are simply the result of poor educational achievement.

Leeds

No we wouldn't have left already! As there would be no agreement, it would be 2 years from the notice being given, and the 2 years is not up yet! It isn't even 2 years since we voted.

And don't be so patronising. You need educating as you don't understand Article 50.

That woman knew what she was voting for. We all did. What she says about just walking away has merit.

Cambridge

"No we wouldn't have left already! As there would be no agreement, it would be 2 years from the notice being given, and the 2 years is not up yet! It isn't even 2 years since we voted.

And don't be so patronising. You need educating as you don't understand Article 50.

That woman knew what she was voting for. We all did. What she says about just walking away has merit."

No, if we just walk away today, then we walk away today.

She didn't say walk away in 2 years, she said walk away today. That would entail completely ignoring all articles of all treaties we have with the EU, including article 50.

What she said would be completely fucking disastrous. I gave you one example of millions of people being detained and deported over night, and yet you try to claim the country would be unaffected by that, which is patently absurd.

That was just one example. Another would be that UK planes would no longer have access to EU airspace, we would come crashing out of the Open Skies agreement. In 2010 the Icelandic volcano eruption shut down flights, British Airways said that it cost them £15-20m a day. Walking away from the EU tomorrow would ground flights, but tourism, but hotels, hit restaurants, hit imports and exports, but postal services, hit boarder staff, hit airport workers, hit businesses, etc.

Leeds

Don't talk nonsense. We can't walk away today. She was not asked a hypothetical question that was not possible. They question was - walk away - from the negotiations.

You have misinterpreted it.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

A new party?

We need a new system, commrades.

Cambridge

"Don't talk nonsense. We can't walk away today. She was not asked a hypothetical question that was not possible. They question was - walk away - from the negotiations.

You have misinterpreted it."

It's not nonsense, why do you believe that everything would be hunkydory if you just fucking walk away without agreeing anything?

You don't have an agreement about citizens rights or visas or residency, THEY GET DEPORTED.

You don't have an agreement about using their airspace, THEY CLOSE THEIR FUCKING AIRSPACE.

If you don't understand that when you WALK AWAY from an agreement, YOU DON'T HAVE A FUCKING AGREEMENT, then you are seriously mentally deficient.

Leeds

And you don't understand that the leaving does not take effect until 2 years from notification, not tomorrow!

And if we walked away from the negotiation table, then the EU would come begging for a deal, because they need to trade with us, far more than we need to trade with them.

And between us walking away from the table now, and actually leaving the EU, deals would be done.

The USA isn't in the EU but American Airlines, Delta, United fly to the EU.

China isn't in the EU, but seemingly everything is made there.

New Zealand is not in the EU but their lamb is for sale here.

Stop scaremongering.

And if all the foreigners have to leave, then great. That's what people voted for.

Cambridge

"And you don't understand that the leaving does not take effect until 2 years from notification, not tomorrow!

And if we walked away from the negotiation table, then the EU would come begging for a deal, because they need to trade with us, far more than we need to trade with them.

And between us walking away from the table now, and actually leaving the EU, deals would be done.

Stop scaremongering.

And if all the foreigners have to leave, then great. That's what people voted for.

"

Because they have agreements numbnuts!

Re-read the quote.

She isn't talking about negotiations, she is talking about simply walking away from the EU immediately.

Let me spell it out for you again, if you leave without an agreement, you don't have an agreement.

Yes !

An E N P

English National Party .

Cambridge

"Yes !

An E N P

English National Party ."

Not British?

Leeds

Read Article 50. We cannot just leave tomorrow. There is a 2 year period.

The woman clearly meant walk away without a deal with the EU. And I agree with her.

Then open skies agreements and trade deals will be in place before we leave at the end of the 2 year period.

They clearly did not ask her about leaving tomorrow and she clearly didn't mean it either, because Article 50 doesn't allow it.

Why ask her something that is impossible?

I do think they'll be a party to get us back in.Which will be well funded.It really depends how brexit pans out."

Maybe that’s why the limp dums did so well in the last election?

Cambridge

"Read Article 50. We cannot just leave tomorrow. There is a 2 year period.

The woman clearly meant walk away without a deal with the EU. And I agree with her.

Then open skies agreements and trade deals will be in place before we leave at the end of the 2 year period.

They clearly did not ask her about leaving tomorrow and she clearly didn't mean it either, because Article 50 doesn't allow it.

"

If you walk away without a deal, YOU HAVE NO DEAL!

Leeds

The deal is a trade deal that we should have walked away from. That is what all the recent negotiations have been about.

There has never been any suggestion that there would not be reciprocal agreements on air travel etc.

Leedsandy, you have missed the point she was making....

She wanted the UK to leave right now.... Not in 2 year, she was adamant we should stick the finger to the EU and walk away and leave.... Crash out of everything, not give notice for anything... Just walk away from everything.

"Read Article 50. We cannot just leave tomorrow. There is a 2 year period.

"

They didn't ask her anything other than how she thought T May was dealing with Brexit... She was in no mind to hang around 2 years, she said we just walk away, crash out, go now.

Leeds

But we could never do that. Article 50 doesn't allow it, so it's a pointless question and statement.

It was never a question, I never said she was asked a question about simply walking away.

She was simply asked how she felt Brexit was being handled.

We could just stick the finger to the EU.

That's only if the UK followed the rules of being a member taking notice of A50.

We could just walk away but it would be catastrophic for the Country.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"No we wouldn't have left already! As there would be no agreement, it would be 2 years from the notice being given, and the 2 years is not up yet! It isn't even 2 years since we voted.

That woman knew what she was voting for. We all did. What she says about just walking away has merit."

It has no merit whatsoever. It simply underlines the fact that she clearly has no clue whatsoever about how our economy works and the impact of a no deal on ordinary people. Anyone who thinks that 40 years can be undone by simply flouncing out hasnt enough brains to even qualify as a halfwit

That woman knew what she was voting for. We all did. What she says about just walking away has merit.

It has no merit whatsoever. It simply underlines the fact that she clearly has no clue whatsoever about how our economy works and the impact of a no deal on ordinary people. Anyone who thinks that 40 years can be undone by simply flouncing out hasnt enough brains to even qualify as a halfwit"

Indeed

Essex

"And you don't understand that the leaving does not take effect until 2 years from notification, not tomorrow!

Stop scaremongering.

"

Yes send all the foreigners home. That would have no impact at all would it? Who the fuck is going to look after you when you fall ill? 10% of all doctors are non UK in origin.....how many of the 1.4m unemployed are qualified to take their jobs on April 1st 2019 eh?

"Yes !

An E N P

English National Party .

Not British? "

No ! I'm English and want an Independant England as you we'll know lol ??

Racist

"Yes !

An E N P

English National Party .

Not British? No ! I'm English and want an Independant England as you we'll know lol ??"

get off your arse and form your party then

I think we are screwed and the rest of the world are fishing and ready to take a bite x the millennials are and will retaliate and fight back x

canterbury

Macron

in France is already getting found out .promised everyone everything and so far came up with nothing ...the people are beginning to realise...strikes in public sectors now starting as he is not delivering his promises...sounds like a Tony Blair leader to me ..

Where are new Labour now ....oh they are Tories x

Think we have a rebellion on our hands people are fighting back x

"Macron

in France is already getting found out .promised everyone everything and so far came up with nothing ...the people are beginning to realise...strikes in public sectors now starting as he is not delivering his promises...sounds like a Tony Blair leader to me ..

Where are new Labour now ....oh they are Tories x"

Actually the French economy is in the best shape for years! They have even exceeded expectations on this yeara EU budget!!

Cambridge

"Macron

Blair won 3 back to back elections. How many other Labour leader's did that?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Macron

Where do you get your myopic version of the world news from?

The whole of the EU - especially France - has a surging economy. The UK is lagging way, way behind.

"Macron

The whole of the EU - especially France - has a surging economy. The UK is lagging way, way behind."

That would be the empty skull cavity they carry around.which makes a lovely echo chamber for confirmation bias.

But they sell far more to us, that we sell to them!"

Actually the US are the biggest trading partner with the EU (includes UK exports).

Also the British played it wrong - trade may be the most important for the UK but is only 3-4 on EU countries list. Security being no 1.

"Macron

The whole of the EU - especially France - has a surging economy. The UK is lagging way, way behind."

The “whole” of the EU? Try telling that to Greece, Spain or Italy......

Cambridge

"Macron

The whole of the EU - especially France - has a surging economy. The UK is lagging way, way behind.

The “whole” of the EU? Try telling that to Greece, Spain or Italy......"

They are all growing faster than us!

"No it wouldn't, because the EU sells more to us that we sell to them and they want a divorce deal too.

"

It's very simple:

UK = 1

EU = 27

If the EU give the UK the same deal as they have now, without payment then why should the other 27 pay? EU fails.

German business only export 10% of their GDP so whilst it is a significant figure its not catastrophic! Anyway the elites will still buy their top end vehicles but it will just cost a bit more. So the loss will be less than 10%.

Which to conclude flaws the argument "we buy more of them" as the other sales value to EU countries (26) is greater than the (1) of the UK.

Leeds

Amazing how all the illegal immigrants want to come here and not France, Greece, Spain and Italy, if they are such great countries!

Cambridge

"Amazing how all the illegal immigrants want to come here and not France, Greece, Spain and Italy, if they are such great countries!"

Which have much larger illegal immigration problems than the UK! Try again!

"Amazing how all the illegal immigrants want to come here and not France, Greece, Spain and Italy, if they are such great countries!

Which have much larger illegal immigration problems than the UK! Try again! "

Would hate to be in the jungle at Calais x

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Macron

Another epic fail from you..

At least your consistent

Leeds

"Amazing how all the illegal immigrants want to come here and not France, Greece, Spain and Italy, if they are such great countries!

Which have much larger illegal immigration problems than the UK! Try again! "

Ask yourself why they arrive in Italy and then end up in Calais trying anything to get to the UK.

Why don't they stay in Italy?

Cambridge

Which have much larger illegal immigration problems than the UK! Try again!

Ask yourself why they arrive in Italy and then end up in Calais trying anything to get to the UK.

Why don't they stay in Italy?"

Have you asked yourself the same question? What answer did you come up with?

Leeds

It's very simple:

UK = 1

EU = 27

If the EU give the UK the same deal as they have now, without payment then why should the other 27 pay? EU fails.

German business only export 10% of their GDP so whilst it is a significant figure its not catastrophic! Anyway the elites will still buy their top end vehicles but it will just cost a bit more. So the loss will be less than 10%.

Which to conclude flaws the argument "we buy more of them" as the other sales value to EU countries (26) is greater than the (1) of the UK. "

The point is simple. They need a deal with us, more than we need a deal with them, because they cannot afford to lose the business.

We buy more from them, than they buy from us.

Some of the 27 just take from the EU and cannot afford to buy. They just cost the EU money.

We propped up the EU.

in Lancashire

It's very simple:

UK = 1

EU = 27

Which to conclude flaws the argument "we buy more of them" as the other sales value to EU countries (26) is greater than the (1) of the UK.

The point is simple. They need a deal with us, more than we need a deal with them, because they cannot afford to lose the business.

Some of the 27 just take from the EU and cannot afford to buy. They just cost the EU money.

We propped up the EU.

"

Maybe to a point but less than Germany

Cambridge

It's very simple:

UK = 1

EU = 27

We propped up the EU.

"

Have you felt over the last 18m that the EU have been bending over backwards to accommodate us?

Can you name 3 concessions they have given us?

Leeds

Because we are useless negotiators. Why should they negotiate with themselves.

Look at David Davis. Would you want him as your divorce lawyer, negotiating your settlement? A bumbling, wet blanket, career politician!

We should have just walked from the table and let them come to us.

Cambridge

"Because we are useless negotiators. Why should they negotiate with themselves.

Look at David Davis. Would you want him as your divorce lawyer, negotiating your settlement? A bumbling, wet blanket, career politician!

"

Right, so why do you think that we are going to be any better at negotiating with China, India, Russia, USA etc.?

Leeds

Well, luckily, it won't be him that does the negotiating!

canterbury

Love this post xxha ha fun ...the Don will sort out the eu as well xx

North West

"

We propped up the EU.

"

You must be the last Brexiter still trying to make this really silly claim. Your assertion is based on pre-referendum rhetoric that has since proven to be, at best, absolute bollocks.

The U.K. has chosen to leave and the U.K. will be worse off in every possible scenario. The EU have not conceded on a single matter in the negotiations because they don’t need to.

Your monetary figures are meaningless without the percentage context also being related. The EU is 50% of our business, we are 10% of the EU’s business. Losing half of something is a lot more painful than losing 10% of something.

North West

"

"

The simple thought processes that accompany absolute naivety. Bless.

Leeds

"

We propped up the EU.

You must be the last Brexiter still trying to make this really silly claim. Your assertion is based on pre-referendum rhetoric that has since proven to be, at best, absolute bollocks.

The U.K. has chosen to leave and the U.K. will be worse off in every possible scenario. The EU have not conceded on a single matter in the negotiations because they don’t need to.

Your monetary figures are meaningless without the percentage context also being related. The EU is 50% of our business, we are 10% of the EU’s business. Losing half of something is a lot more painful than losing 10% of something."

We will be better off in every single way. Thank goodness we are leaving.

The Italians have refused to make up the shortfall when we leave already.

I wonder how the Germans will feel when they have to pay for all those duff countries wanting to join, and just wait until Turkey is a member.

Talk about a lucky escape for the UK.

Leeds

The other side comes back to offer a deal.

That's how it works. Walking away from the table works. Been there, done that, got the result.

Cambridge

"The other side comes back to offer a deal.

That's how it works. Walking away from the table works. Been there, done that, got the result."

Why don't you email David Davis and tell him then.

North West

"

Have you ever negotiated anything? No!

I have, professionally and let me tell you, you patronising loser, that it is a VERY VERY VERY effective technique, as my clients will testify.

"

Way to go Rocky. You need to be contacting HM Govt and Opposition - looks like you know more than them.

Funny most guys in a divorce try to walk away as they know they have most to lose. It doesn’t work. You really are completely deluded if you honestly think that the U.K. has any sort of negotiating lever.

The EU represents half of our business. Walking away from that and putting your trust in the opposition who has 10% to lose is not just silly, it is an abject dereliction of sanity and that is why we are not doing it.

Leeds

"

I have, professionally and let me tell you, you patronising loser, that it is a VERY VERY VERY effective technique, as my clients will testify.

Way to go Rocky. You need to be contacting HM Govt and Opposition - looks like you know more than them.

Funny most guys in a divorce try to walk away as they know they have most to lose. It doesn’t work. You really are completely deluded if you honestly think that the U.K. has any sort of negotiating lever.

The EU represents half of our business. Walking away from that and putting your trust in the opposition who has 10% to lose is not just silly, it is an abject dereliction of sanity and that is why we are not doing it."

THEY SELL MUCH MORE TO US THAT WE SELL TO THEM. THEY HAVE MORE TO LOSE THAN WE HAVE

Cambridge

"

The EU represents half of our business. Walking away from that and putting your trust in the opposition who has 10% to lose is not just silly, it is an abject dereliction of sanity and that is why we are not doing it.

THEY SELL MUCH MORE TO US THAT WE SELL TO THEM. THEY HAVE MORE TO LOSE THAN WE HAVE

"

A much smaller percentage, they are 27 countries, we are 1.

Do you think that people buy champagne or BMW or Porsche or Mercedes-Benz because it's cheap? If they get more expensive, people will still buy it.

Leeds

"

Do you think that people buy champagne or BMW or Porsche or Mercedes-Benz because it's cheap? If they get more expensive, people will still buy it. "

What has that got to do with it. It's because we buy the most champagne, and the most BMW's and sell them the hardly and disgusting English wine, or JLR products by comparison, that BMW and LMVH were always going to demand the EU give us a deal.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"There will not be a party to go back in. It would be too expensive, and take too long, and for what purpose?"

To make money...

Cambridge

"

Do you think that people buy champagne or BMW or Porsche or Mercedes-Benz because it's cheap? If they get more expensive, people will still buy it.

What has that got to do with it. It's because we buy the most champagne, and the most BMW's and sell them the hardly and disgusting English wine, or JLR products by comparison, that BMW and LMVH were always going to demand the EU give us a deal.

"

What's it got to do with it? It will hardly impact BMW etc. if tariffs are applied, because the customers aren't buying them because they are cheap, they are buying them because they are expensive! They are status symbol, a symbol that you are rich. The more expensive they become, the increased value of the symbol.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's feasible to have as many parties as there are people in the country but they wouldn't have enough power, based on the current electoral system, of first past the post.

Most of life we are engaged with other people, where we'll not always have 100% agreement, so life is full of compromises, where we aim to satisfy our desires as far as possible. It's unlikely that any party catering to millions of people could satisfy any one of us to the full. It's also feasible that small parties can sidetrack attention away from the main priorities that a country faces - whilst it's a suggestion for a new party, it's probably most realistic for it not to gain massive approval until it has been established for some time, so it would likely remain a minority party for a considerable period.

The SDP party was established in 1990, with members breaking away from other parties, so that politicians were known to the electorate. They never did extremely well.

If you want political change, everyone has influence and most can stand as representatives or could join a party and influence change form the inside. Most people who state they want change do not actually go on to change or establish parties, though they may find it a good use of their desires.

canterbury

I'm so glad all other eu countries are doing so well ....maybe we could all move there as it's so great .....how come all migrants prefer the UK.....maybe they will stay on mainland Europe from now on thus saving our border problems .....no I think not ....xx

Cambridge

"I'm so glad all other eu countries are doing so well ....maybe we could all move there as it's so great .....how come all migrants prefer the UK.....maybe they will stay on mainland Europe from now on thus saving our border problems .....no I think not ....xx"

Stop being so ignorant of the facts.

Central

I've heard many people state the same belief, that the UK should just have 'walked away'.

As if there would have been no need for any changes to UK infrastructure, businesses, services, government processes etc! Customs / taxes / immigration systems at borders. Not to mention the UK's responsibilities for the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. As others state , the UK's flights would largely have been grounded, without legal ability to fly in European airspace.

The trade exiting/entering the UK would have been subject to customs processes that would likely lead to significant backlog delays and increased costs. Trade would potentially not be able to enter the from the UK at all. UK prices would probably rise and supplies for stores would probably plummet.

Not to mention those people returning from Europe, needing accommodation and public services, such as schools, hospitals etc, that would overload the systems and bankrupt more councils.

Easy just to walk away, so that Brexit is finished? It's a fantasy or a dystopian nightmare.

But with all of the referendum fraud that seems to have happened, with millions of people being influenced as well by data extracted and used wrongly from facebook, not to mention the illegal overspending by the leave campaign, perhaps it's no surprise that people who had been misled would end up with unrealistic expectations.

in Lancashire

Operation stack past Maidstone daily..

Just what business and the local south east economy does not need..

canterbury

Facts facts facts ...tell us more for all 26 eu states...seems u think they all doing great ....shame we voted leave now

Bugger got it wrong again as did all the leave voters ....if only we were all so clever as all remain voters...who keep harping on about the result ...

Move on negative people ....im doing great thanks xxx

Cambridge

"Facts facts facts ...tell us more for all 26 eu states...seems u think they all doing great ....shame we voted leave now

Bugger got it wrong again as did all the leave voters ....if only we were all so clever as all remain voters...who keep harping on about the result ...

Move on negative people ....im doing great thanks xxx"

Good for you

canterbury

Tk u xx

"Macron

Never thought I would ever say this but I wish we had the option of voting for Tony Blair at the moment.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"Macron

Never thought I would ever say this but I wish we had the option of voting for Tony Blair at the moment."

Could any situation be that bad that you would wish for the return of Tony Blair!

Cambridge

"Macron

Never thought I would ever say this but I wish we had the option of voting for Tony Blair at the moment.Could any situation be that bad that you would wish for the return of Tony Blair! "

Best prime minister of my lifetime.

Why would you want or vote for a war criminal like Tony Blair to be PM

Dudley

"Macron

Never thought I would ever say this but I wish we had the option of voting for Tony Blair at the moment.Could any situation be that bad that you would wish for the return of Tony Blair!

Best prime minister of my lifetime."

Biggest liar to be prime minister of my lifetime!

Cambridge

"Macron

Never thought I would ever say this but I wish we had the option of voting for Tony Blair at the moment.Could any situation be that bad that you would wish for the return of Tony Blair!

Best prime minister of my lifetime.Biggest liar to be prime minister of my lifetime! "

Sorry, but weren't you saying it was fine for the Leave campaign to lie, on a much bigger issue than who is PM. He won 3 big elections, a lot of people voted for him.

Cambridge

"Why would you want or vote for a war criminal like Tony Blair to be PM"

I would vote for him. He's not a war criminal, because as PM he had the prerogative power to take the country to war.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever read on any off these forums even worse than kinky lol

Cambridge

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever read on any off these forums even worse than kinky lol"

Fine, show me the judgement where he was convicted of war crimes then

There are many like him who will unfortunately never be held accountable for there crimes

Dudley

"Macron

Best prime minister of my lifetime.Biggest liar to be prime minister of my lifetime!

Sorry, but weren't you saying it was fine for the Leave campaign to lie, on a much bigger issue than who is PM. He won 3 big elections, a lot of people voted for him. "

When did I say it was fine for the leave campaign to lie!? Show me where I said it!

The only person Blair looked after was himself, lining his own pockets wherever he could. He shares a lot of responsibility for the loss of many inocent lives and for making the world a lot more dangerous.A truly awful primeminister and human being!

Cambridge

"There are many like him who will unfortunately never be held accountable for there crimes "

Right, never been convicted, never been arrested. Innocent.

I mean by all means argue you case, but please be specific about which articles of the laws of armed conflict that he broke. What specifically is he guilty of? As I have pointed out, it was in his authority to take the country to war, so what are you specifically blaming him for?

North West

"Why would you want or vote for a war criminal like Tony Blair to be PM"

He is not a war criminal because he has not been either charged or convicted of such an offence. Your populist claim is not based on any facts and as such it is worthless.

Tony Blair was the most popular and most successful Prime Minister since the end of WW2 anothing that you or anyone can say will ever change that.

North West

"There are many like him who will unfortunately never be held accountable for there crimes "

More generalisations based on populist hyperbole. This is the modern way - say something, don’t be prepared to back up what you say but claim that it is fact.

Guess what... it isn’t fact

Cambridge

"Macron

Best prime minister of my lifetime.Biggest liar to be prime minister of my lifetime!

Sorry, but weren't you saying it was fine for the Leave campaign to lie, on a much bigger issue than who is PM. He won 3 big elections, a lot of people voted for him. When did I say it was fine for the leave campaign to lie!? Show me where I said it!

The only person Blair looked after was himself, lining his own pockets wherever he could. He shares a lot of responsibility for the loss of many inocent lives and for making the world a lot more dangerous.A truly awful primeminister and human being!"

I thought you had, my apologies if you haven't.

Blair would have made much more money outside of politics, than inside it. His wife is a QC and bills around £6,000 an hour I think. He could have done that.

You are not even with my time if you genuinely believe that just a shame that there are to many like you in the world next you'll be saying Jimmy Savile was innocent as by you argument he was never arrested charged or found guilty by a court of law

Cambridge

"You are not even with my time if you genuinely believe that just a shame that there are to many like you in the world next you'll be saying Jimmy Savile was innocent as by you argument he was never arrested charged or found guilty by a court of law "

Right, so you can't even answer the simple question of what war crimes he committed! Pathetic.

Dudley

"Why would you want or vote for a war criminal like Tony Blair to be PM

He is not a war criminal because he has not been either charged or convicted of such an offence. Your populist claim is not based on any facts and as such it is worthless.

Tony Blair was the most popular and most successful Prime Minister since the end of WW2 anothing that you or anyone can say will ever change that. "

Why did he look so worried when he appeared before the Chilcot Inquiry or was it another act!? The Chilcot Report concluded that the legal basis for going to war "was far from satisfactory" but good old Tony was happy to go ahead anyway!

Cambridge

Tony Blair was the most popular and most successful Prime Minister since the end of WW2 anothing that you or anyone can say will ever change that. Why did he look so worried when he appeared before the Chilcot Inquiry or was it another act!? The Chilcot Report concluded that the legal basis for going to war "was far from satisfactory" but good old Tony was happy to go ahead anyway! "

Far from satisfactory? That's as damning as it gets huh? Oh, also you say he looked "worried" well then. Case closed, Right?

Again, can you name specific articles that he was in breach of? And which war? Afghanistan? Kosovo? OP Telic? OP Desert Fox? (Both of those were in Iraq), Sierra Leone?

Dudley

Tony Blair was the most popular and most successful Prime Minister since the end of WW2 anothing that you or anyone can say will ever change that. Why did he look so worried when he appeared before the Chilcot Inquiry or was it another act!? The Chilcot Report concluded that the legal basis for going to war "was far from satisfactory" but good old Tony was happy to go ahead anyway!

Far from satisfactory? That's as damning as it gets huh? Oh, also you say he looked "worried" well then. Case closed, Right?

Again, can you name specific articles that he was in breach of? And which war? Afghanistan? Kosovo? OP Telic? OP Desert Fox? (Both of those were in Iraq), Sierra Leone? "

It would be good to put him in a room with the families of service men and civilians killed during his phoney war and see how he explains his way out of that, a lot of inocent people would finally get some justice!

The Blair years were pretty fucking awesome...

Cambridge

Tony Blair was the most popular and most successful Prime Minister since the end of WW2 anothing that you or anyone can say will ever change that. Why did he look so worried when he appeared before the Chilcot Inquiry or was it another act!? The Chilcot Report concluded that the legal basis for going to war "was far from satisfactory" but good old Tony was happy to go ahead anyway!

Again, can you name specific articles that he was in breach of? And which war? Afghanistan? Kosovo? OP Telic? OP Desert Fox? (Both of those were in Iraq), Sierra Leone? It would be good to put him in a room with the families of service men and civilians killed during his phoney war and see how he explains his way out of that, a lot of inocent people would finally get some justice! "

So you can't even name which conflict you are talking about!

salisbury

"The Blair years were pretty fucking awesome... "

Alot of people made alot of money!

Cambridge

"The Blair years were pretty fucking awesome...

Alot of people made alot of money! "

Yeah, with all that minimum wage, pension credit, working tax credit, child tax credit, children's savings

Dudley

Again, can you name specific articles that he was in breach of? And which war? Afghanistan? Kosovo? OP Telic? OP Desert Fox? (Both of those were in Iraq), Sierra Leone? "

Lets look at it from a different angle, would you send you child to a school whose results were far from safisfactory? But you would be happy to send someone elses son or daughter to fight a war whose legal basis was far from satisfactory!?

salisbury

Yeah, with all that minimum wage, pension credit, working tax credit, child tax credit, children's savings "

Fucking right. no wonder we became a migrant magnet.

Dudley

Again, can you name specific articles that he was in breach of? And which war? Afghanistan? Kosovo? OP Telic? OP Desert Fox? (Both of those were in Iraq), Sierra Leone? It would be good to put him in a room with the families of service men and civilians killed during his phoney war and see how he explains his way out of that, a lot of inocent people would finally get some justice!

So you can't even name which conflict you are talking about!"

The war that the Chilcot Report referred to obviously!

He couldn't wait to get rid of Saddam and look where that got us!

Cambridge

Yeah, with all that minimum wage, pension credit, working tax credit, child tax credit, children's savings

Fucking right. no wonder we became a migrant magnet."

Yeah, even though they can't get them until they've paid into the system (apart from min wage)

Cambridge

Again, can you name specific articles that he was in breach of? And which war? Afghanistan? Kosovo? OP Telic? OP Desert Fox? (Both of those were in Iraq), Sierra Leone? It would be good to put him in a room with the families of service men and civilians killed during his phoney war and see how he explains his way out of that, a lot of inocent people would finally get some justice!

So you can't even name which conflict you are talking about!The war that the Chilcot Report referred to obviously!

He couldn't wait to get rid of Saddam and look where that got us! "

So you were happy with his conduct in all of his other military campaigns?

Dudley

So you can't even name which conflict you are talking about!The war that the Chilcot Report referred to obviously!

So you were happy with his conduct in all of his other military campaigns? "

His other campaigns! It's easy to be a hero when you are sending someone elses children!

Cambridge

So you were happy with his conduct in all of his other military campaigns? His other campaigns! It's easy to be a hero when you are sending someone elses children! "

Right, nice point scored, now do you want to answer the question?

Dudley

So you were happy with his conduct in all of his other military campaigns? His other campaigns! It's easy to be a hero when you are sending someone elses children!

Right, nice point scored, now do you want to answer the question? "

You didn't say if you would be happy to send your child to a school whose results were far from satisfactory!? Any responsible parent would say no, so on the same basis you would not fight a war whose legal basis was far from satisfactory would you!?

Cambridge

So you were happy with his conduct in all of his other military campaigns? His other campaigns! It's easy to be a hero when you are sending someone elses children!

Right, nice point scored, now do you want to answer the question? You didn't say if you would be happy to send your child to a school whose results were far from satisfactory!? Any responsible parent would say no, so on the same basis you would not fight a war whose legal basis was far from satisfactory would you!?"

But "far from satisfactory" is not the same as illegal. You were quick enough to call Blair a war criminal, now you are dodging any questions about what makes him a supposed war criminal. So was it just OP Telic that you think he committed war crimes in, or in other operations as well?

And what specifically did he do which was illegal?

Where I grew up, there was only 1 school, that was the one you went to, or you didn't go to school. I don't believe in school choice, I think all schools should be good.

Dudley

Right, nice point scored, now do you want to answer the question? "

Even if I was happy with his other campaigns it would not excuse him for the serious mistake of going to war to overthrow Saddam when he had little legal basis to do so would it?

Yeah, even though they can't get them until they've paid into the system (apart from min wage)

Never stopped them trying though. " Where's my free cash?". You can't have it yet. "Ok, I'm wait".

Maybe you should have popped down to the jungle and told them that. I expect they'd have gone back home. "

Yeah good times good years and plenty of money about.Britain was very welcoming and prosperous back then and outwards looking.The good days will come back again.

Dudley

Right, nice point scored, now do you want to answer the question? You didn't say if you would be happy to send your child to a school whose results were far from satisfactory!? Any responsible parent would say no, so on the same basis you would not fight a war whose legal basis was far from satisfactory would you!?

But "far from satisfactory" is not the same as illegal. You were quick enough to call Blair a war criminal, now you are dodging any questions about what makes him a supposed war criminal. So was it just OP Telic that you think he committed war crimes in, or in other operations as well?

Where I grew up, there was only 1 school, that was the one you went to, or you didn't go to school. I don't believe in school choice, I think all schools should be good.

"

Unfortunately all schools aren't good, so if you had the choice between a school that was far from satisfactory or one that was outstanding which would you choose? We all know which one it would be!

When starting a war you would make sure you have a sound legal basis to do so but good old Tony didn't did he!?

Cambridge

Right, nice point scored, now do you want to answer the question? You didn't say if you would be happy to send your child to a school whose results were far from satisfactory!? Any responsible parent would say no, so on the same basis you would not fight a war whose legal basis was far from satisfactory would you!?

Unfortunately all schools aren't good, so if you had the choice between a school that was far from satisfactory or one that was outstanding which would you choose? We all know which one it would be!

When starting a war you would make sure you have a sound legal basis to do so but good old Tony didn't did he!?"

He didn't need one. The PM has the perogative power to declare war. So what war crimes did he commit?

Dudley

When starting a war you would make sure you have a sound legal basis to do so but good old Tony didn't did he!?

He didn't need one. The PM has the perogative power to declare war. So what war crimes did he commit? "

So the PM can do whatever they want!? You don't see it the same way when it comes to brexit though!

You dodged the question about the school because you didn't want to say you wouldn't go with the far from satisfactory one just like any good parent! So if you don't think he did anything illegal was he reckless in his actions?

salisbury

Never stopped them trying though. " Where's my free cash?". You can't have it yet. "Ok, I'm wait".

Maybe you should have popped down to the jungle and told them that. I expect they'd have gone back home. Yeah good times good years and plenty of money about.Britain was very welcoming and prosperous back then and outwards looking.The good days will come back again. "

Shame they always seem to be unsustainable.

Dudley

He didn't need one. The PM has the perogative power to declare war. So what war crimes did he commit? "

Whether you like it or not Tony Blair amongst others is responsible for the deaths of many innocent people. I hope he can sleep at night!

Cambridge

He didn't need one. The PM has the perogative power to declare war. So what war crimes did he commit? So the PM can do whatever they want!? You don't see it the same way when it comes to brexit though!

You dodged the question about the school because you didn't want to say you wouldn't go with the far from satisfactory one just like any good parent! So if you don't think he did anything illegal was he reckless in his actions? "

No, I was very specific about the power that I mentioned, the power to declare war. That power is a prerogative power, meaning it is in the hands of PM only. Declaring war has nothing to do with Brexit.

If I had the choice of 2 schools, I would send my child to the better one, I don't see what that has to do with Blair and your claim that he is a war criminal? Are you trying to suggest that he had to go to war with one country and he had two to chose from?

Now, can you please answer the question? What war crime or crimes did he commit?

Cambridge

Maybe you should have popped down to the jungle and told them that. I expect they'd have gone back home. Yeah good times good years and plenty of money about.Britain was very welcoming and prosperous back then and outwards looking.The good days will come back again.

Shame they always seem to be unsustainable. "

They only seem to be unsustainable when the Tories get in.

Central

Maybe you should have popped down to the jungle and told them that. I expect they'd have gone back home. Yeah good times good years and plenty of money about.Britain was very welcoming and prosperous back then and outwards looking.The good days will come back again.

Shame they always seem to be unsustainable.

They only seem to be unsustainable when the Tories get in. "

The conservative's record on the economy is dismal, with lowered GDP growth on average, amongst other measures. Gender pay differential was also closing under Labour but that positive effect has ended under the Conservatives. Labour also had significantly greater rises in income levels than the Conservatives.

salisbury

"There is no money"

Essex

"

We propped up the EU.

Your monetary figures are meaningless without the percentage context also being related. The EU is 50% of our business, we are 10% of the EU’s business. Losing half of something is a lot more painful than losing 10% of something.

We will be better off in every single way. Thank goodness we are leaving.

The Italians have refused to make up the shortfall when we leave already.

I wonder how the Germans will feel when they have to pay for all those duff countries wanting to join, and just wait until Turkey is a member.

Talk about a lucky escape for the UK."

Turkey wont ever be a member of the EU. It was a bollox argument prior to the referendum and it's still utter tosh

I can't believe people are still trotting out the Blair is A war criminal drool

If you are going to claim as such fact then at least fucking research your "facts" before making yourselves look daft posting utter drivel.

I suppose it's just a good sounding popular band wagon to jump on and be part of.

Dudley

He didn't need one. The PM has the perogative power to declare war. So what war crimes did he commit? So the PM can do whatever they want!? You don't see it the same way when it comes to brexit though!

You dodged the question about the school because you didn't want to say you wouldn't go with the far from satisfactory one just like any good parent! So if you don't think he did anything illegal was he reckless in his actions?

No, I was very specific about the power that I mentioned, the power to declare war. That power is a prerogative power, meaning it is in the hands of PM only. Declaring war has nothing to do with Brexit.

If I had the choice of 2 schools, I would send my child to the better one, I don't see what that has to do with Blair and your claim that he is a war criminal? Are you trying to suggest that he had to go to war with one country and he had two to chose from?

Now, can you please answer the question? What war crime or crimes did he commit? "

Blair was from the legal profession was he not, surely he would have made sure he had a legal basis to take the country to war but as the Chilcot Report concludes he had a very weak basis to do this! The school example was just to show that you would use the evidence to select the right course, good old Tony neglected to do that.The only weapon of "mass destruction" was Tony Blair himself and no he has never been charged with war crimes but there are many who believe he should have been for the countless misery he has caused.A totally ungenuine man who continues to line his pockets while others still suffer because of his actions.

Dudley

"I can't believe people are still trotting out the Blair is A war criminal drool

If you are going to claim as such fact then at least fucking research your "facts" before making yourselves look daft posting utter drivel.

I suppose it's just a good sounding popular band wagon to jump on and be part of."

The only person who makes their self look daft is yourself with your foul language, perhaps you would be taken seriously if you didn't use the language of the gutter to do it.

Cambridge

Now, can you please answer the question? What war crime or crimes did he commit? Blair was from the legal profession was he not, surely he would have made sure he had a legal basis to take the country to war but as the Chilcot Report concludes he had a very weak basis to do this! The school example was just to show that you would use the evidence to select the right course, good old Tony neglected to do that.The only weapon of "mass destruction" was Tony Blair himself and no he has never been charged with war crimes but there are many who believe he should have been for the countless misery he has caused.A totally ungenuine man who continues to line his pockets while others still suffer because of his actions. "

So you can't answer the question, the best you can come up with is saying that he is "ungenuine". As others have said, you make yourselves look foolish when you throw around words like war criminal, and then can't any questions about what crime he committed.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Tony Blair isn't a war criminal, as he has never been charged or convicted of such crime.

But then, you could also say that about Adolf Hitler or Heinrich Himmler.

History is always better in hindsight. At least we are better educated about war and armed conflicts these days.

"The only person who makes their self look daft is yourself with your foul language, perhaps you would be taken seriously if you didn't use the language of the gutter to do it. "

Says the one with foul language in their profile

Language changes nothing about facts, I don't give a "BULLSHITTERS" about being taken "seriously" when I'm right lol facts are facts unfortunately for you

Cambridge

"Tony Blair isn't a war criminal, as he has never been charged or convicted of such crime.

History is always better in hindsight. At least we are better educated about war and armed conflicts these days."

No, becuase you can site specific war crimes committed by Hitler and his regime. Although he killed himself, others were charged, tried and convicted of war crimes. The same cannot be said about Blair.

I don't like May, but you would call me ridiculous if I started to refer to her as a shop lifter. That's how ridiculous it is when people call Blair a war criminal.

Another key difference is that Hitler killed himself and therefore could not by tried for his crimes. Blair on the other hand is alive and Well, so if there were evidence of war crimes, he would be tried.

"Tony Blair isn't a war criminal, as he has never been charged or convicted of such crime.

History is always better in hindsight. At least we are better educated about war and armed conflicts these days.

No, becuase you can site specific war crimes committed by Hitler and his regime. Although he killed himself, others were charged, tried and convicted of war crimes. The same cannot be said about Blair.

I don't like May, but you would call me ridiculous if I started to refer to her as a shop lifter. That's how ridiculous it is when people call Blair a war criminal.

Another key difference is that Hitler killed himself and therefore could not by tried for his crimes. Blair on the other hand is alive and Well, so if there were evidence of war crimes, he would be tried. "

I looked this issue up last year when people we're getting excited stating Blair was a War Criminal.

I can't remember the exact details now and cannot be bothered to look it up again but it was something to do with going into a War without a UN Resolution, but no terms of sanction / crime are currently on the books that state any punishment is able to be brought against him for it.

Also...

The war was never condemned by a vote of the UN and the occupation was subsequently given a form of endorsement in post-invasion resolutions passed by the Security Council creating a framework for Iraq’s future AND the Chilcot bloated report concludes that the legal basis for the invasion was “far from satisfactory” and is unable to conclude if it could be deemed illegal.

canterbury

Big Tony and his family seem to be doing very well for themselves now days.. .true socialist our Tony x

A socialist he is not, but neither is he a war criminal. Iraq was a huge mistake in judgement with dreadful consequences, but it doesnt make him a war criminal.

Dudley

"The only person who makes their self look daft is yourself with your foul language, perhaps you would be taken seriously if you didn't use the language of the gutter to do it.

Says the one with foul language in their profile

Language changes nothing about facts, I don't give a "BULLSHITTERS" about being taken "seriously" when I'm right lol facts are facts unfortunately for you "

Yes the word is in our profile! But if you read it in the context it is used it is purely tongue in cheek, it is not there to offend anyone, if it does then I apologise.

Your own profile made interesting reading! It makes me wonder why you are only able to meet between the hours of 9.30am- 2pm and is that a wedding ring on your finger!? Tut tut makes me think you are of a similar ilk to your hero Tony Blair!!

Dudley

Another key difference is that Hitler killed himself and therefore could not by tried for his crimes. Blair on the other hand is alive and Well, so if there were evidence of war crimes, he would be tried.

I looked this issue up last year when people we're getting excited stating Blair was a War Criminal.

I can't remember the exact details now and cannot be bothered to look it up again but it was something to do with going into a War without a UN Resolution, but no terms of sanction / crime are currently on the books that state any punishment is able to be brought against him for it.

Also...

The war was never condemned by a vote of the UN and the occupation was subsequently given a form of endorsement in post-invasion resolutions passed by the Security Council creating a framework for Iraq’s future AND the Chilcot bloated report concludes that the legal basis for the invasion was “far from satisfactory” and is unable to conclude if it could be deemed illegal."

You may also be aware that Kofi Annan the then Secretary General of the UN warned a week before the invasion that military action would violate the UN charter. He went on to say there should have been a second UN resolution specifically authorising war against Iraq. When asked during an 2004 interview with BBC Worldservice if the invasion was illegal he replied "Yes, if you wish". He then added "I have indicated it wasn't in conformity with the UN charter. From our point of view and from the charter point of view it was illegal".

So it does beg the question that if the invasion was illegal as per the Un charter why was no one prosecuted!?

Dudley

"A socialist he is not, but neither is he a war criminal. Iraq was a huge mistake in judgement with dreadful consequences, but it doesnt make him a war criminal."

Perhaps the only way to stop these wars is to go back to the days of old when the leader was at the front of the army ready to fight for his principles! Or a bit of hand to hand combat between the leaders, my money would have been on Saddam!Me thinks there would be a significant reduction in wars as most would never risk their own skin!

Dudley

Also...

The war was never condemned by a vote of the UN and the occupation was subsequently given a form of endorsement in post-invasion resolutions passed by the Security Council creating a framework for Iraq’s future AND the Chilcot bloated report concludes that the legal basis for the invasion was “far from satisfactory” and is unable to conclude if it could be deemed illegal."

Further more in an interview with the BBC in 2006 Annan agreed "that the average Iraqi's life is worse now than it was under Saddam"!

Hardly a ringing endorsement of Tony's phoney war!It was not in the Chilcot Inquirys REMIT to conclude if it was illegal so it could never conclude if it was illegal or not, hardly the same thing!

When it comes to wars, legal or illegal is meaningless, because it depends on who makes the rules. Moral or immoral is more the question. And I certainly woudn't take my moral guidance on anything from the UN, security council or otherwise.

Cambridge

Also...

The war was never condemned by a vote of the UN and the occupation was subsequently given a form of endorsement in post-invasion resolutions passed by the Security Council creating a framework for Iraq’s future AND the Chilcot bloated report concludes that the legal basis for the invasion was “far from satisfactory” and is unable to conclude if it could be deemed illegal.Further more in an interview with the BBC in 2006 Annan agreed "that the average Iraqi's life is worse now than it was under Saddam"!

Hardly a ringing endorsement of Tony's phoney war!It was not in the Chilcot Inquirys REMIT to conclude if it was illegal so it could never conclude if it was illegal or not, hardly the same thing!"

So why did you bring up the Chilcot inquiry as supposed evidence that Blair was a war criminal then?

Dudley

Also...

The war was never condemned by a vote of the UN and the occupation was subsequently given a form of endorsement in post-invasion resolutions passed by the Security Council creating a framework for Iraq’s future AND the Chilcot bloated report concludes that the legal basis for the invasion was “far from satisfactory” and is unable to conclude if it could be deemed illegal.Further more in an interview with the BBC in 2006 Annan agreed "that the average Iraqi's life is worse now than it was under Saddam"!

Hardly a ringing endorsement of Tony's phoney war!It was not in the Chilcot Inquirys REMIT to conclude if it was illegal so it could never conclude if it was illegal or not, hardly the same thing!

So why did you bring up the Chilcot inquiry as supposed evidence that Blair was a war criminal then? "

I was making the point that it concluded that the case for going to war "was far from satisfactory"from a legal point of view hardly a ringing endorsement for a military invasion when he was supposed to have conclusive evidence of weapons of mass destruction.The invasion should never have happened which would have saved the lives of many people, if that isn't a crime I don't know what is!

Cambridge

Also...

So why did you bring up the Chilcot inquiry as supposed evidence that Blair was a war criminal then? I was making the point that it concluded that the case for going to war "was far from satisfactory"from a legal point of view hardly a ringing endorsement for a military invasion when he was supposed to have conclusive evidence of weapons of mass destruction.The invasion should never have happened which would have saved the lives of many people, if that isn't a crime I don't know what is! "

Well, that's not a crime.

» Add a new message to this topic