FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Have you ever met a “nice” Brexiter?

Have you ever met a “nice” Brexiter?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

No, me neither.

Reminds me of the old Spitting Image parody song about nice South Africans.

I just can’t be doing with the hate, the divisiveness, the Jingoism and worst of all the assumption that being a thoroughly unpleasant person is somehow patriotic.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

"No, me neither.

I just can’t be doing with the hate, the divisiveness, the Jingoism and worst of all the assumption that being a thoroughly unpleasant person is somehow patriotic."

So you have met the 50+ percent of the voting population that voted to leave and they were all really horrible people. You must really get about

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've met great people who voted for out. It's worth remembering that many of them have since become very unhappy with how things are going though

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've met great people who voted for out. It's worth remembering that many of them have since become very unhappy with how things are going though "

Same.

My dad voted leave; though he was sold on starting with the Norway or Icelandic arrangement.

He now says that if they were a vote again (not that he advocates for it) he'd spoil the vote or vote remain. Unless there were specific and approved models proposed.

But still ive met perfectly nice 'all out' brexit voters. We usually find there are more important things we agree strongly on.

Same as always as one pointed out; the loudest and most angry steal the attdntion, which takes away from correct discussion and consultation of everyone else.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

"No, me neither.

I just can’t be doing with the hate, the divisiveness, the Jingoism and worst of all the assumption that being a thoroughly unpleasant person is somehow patriotic."

Even your fellow remainers don't agree with you, perhaps you are the thoroughly unpleasant person for trying to label 17 million people so negatively!

By *ustJ0dieTV/TS  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

When it comes to discussing Brexit, I've only ever met one who didn't in the end revert to "we won you lost, will of the people " type and thus become unpleasant.

But as people they are usually ok. Little bit racist, but then isn't everyone?

I feel rather sad for you OP.

It sounds like you've got a stereotyping problem!

I met some really nice Brexiters only yesterday at a family lunch.

There were even some really nice Remainers there too.

There were lively discussions, frustrations were aired, even agreement on certain things, but no hate, no divisiveness, no Jingoism.

We respected each others views and all wanted Brexit to be best for Britain.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Seems a rather ironic yet sad thread.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I recall the Scottish referendum (I’m Scottish) and deliberately avoided taking a stance because I knew I had to live with the outcome (and because I did not have a vote).

I found it harder with the EU referendum, probably because I had a vote and it impacts me more directly.

I think I was in a state of shock for about three days, until I started playing Que Sera Sera by Doris Day over and over in my head.

That was my therapy, my cure.

I take no pleasure in watching from the sidelines what is happening.

But I respect the result and the sincerity of those who voted to leave, for a plethora of reasons.

I don’t hold feelings of contempt or loathing like this thread implies, just sadness that they appear to be driving this country to an unknown destination with no clear plan or unifying culture.

It is a morass.

"No, me neither.

I just can’t be doing with the hate, the divisiveness, the Jingoism and worst of all the assumption that being a thoroughly unpleasant person is somehow patriotic.

Even your fellow remainers don't agree with you, perhaps you are the thoroughly unpleasant person for trying to label 17 million people so negatively! "

I think there was more vitriol and hate thrown at the brexiters once the vote was anounced to be honest

"No, me neither.

I know plenty of nice remainers and brexitiers but i cant say the same for the majority of those contributing to these brexit threads and the nastiest seem to be the remainers.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"No, me neither.

Even your fellow remainers don't agree with you, perhaps you are the thoroughly unpleasant person for trying to label 17 million people so negatively! "

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"No, me neither.

I know plenty of nice remainers and brexitiers but i cant say the same for the majority of those contributing to these brexit threads and the nastiest seem to be the remainers."

I'd agree with that. Some (not all) of these so called 'liberal' remainers really have shown their true colours since the result of the referendum was announced and it's not pretty, the mask has well and truly slipped.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"I've met great people who voted for out. It's worth remembering that many of them have since become very unhappy with how things are going though "

Well of course they are! They voted out! Not nearly out, but mostly in and its gonna cost a fortune! Just "out".

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"No, me neither.

North West

[Removed by poster at 23/04/18 14:56:12]

North West

"No, me neither.

So you have met the 50+ percent of the voting population that voted to leave and they were all really horrible people. You must really get about "

Did I say I'd met 50% of the population?

Perhaps I need to add pathological exagerators to the list of Brexiter traits.

North West

".................

"

And making stuff up to prove a point?

I can just imagine a group of tolerant, liberal-minded remain voters thinking that Brexit will be best for Britain.

Burton on Trent

"No, me neither.

So you have met the 50+ percent of the voting population that voted to leave and they were all really horrible people. You must really get about

Perhaps I need to add pathological exagerators to the list of Brexiter traits."

No that's already widely known.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I know a few rational leavers who think the hardline leavers are hijacking the concept to basically drive the car over the cliff a la Thelma and Louise.....

It’s not the remainers who can reign them in... but the rational leavers

"No, me neither.

Perhaps I need to add pathological exagerators to the list of Brexiter traits."

but you're an exaggerater by saying everyone who voted leave is not a nice person

".................

I can just imagine a group of tolerant, liberal-minded remain voters thinking that Brexit will be best for Britain."

Not at all. Why would I make it up?

'Tolerant and liberal-minded', is that you describing yourself there?

Costa Blanca Spain...

".................

I can just imagine a group of tolerant, liberal-minded remain voters thinking that Brexit will be best for Britain."

The "liberal minded" seem to be by far the most intolerant of all, and this thread pretty much proves it.

".................

I can just imagine a group of tolerant, liberal-minded remain voters thinking that Brexit will be best for Britain.

The "liberal minded" seem to be by far the most intolerant of all, and this thread pretty much proves it."

Depends what liberal mind is. In the Netherlands they are the conservatives. Here they are centrists.

[Removed by poster at 23/04/18 17:25:55]

".................

The "liberal minded" seem to be by far the most intolerant of all, and this thread pretty much proves it.

Depends what liberal mind is. In the Netherlands they are the conservatives. Here they are centrists. "

Sorry a generalisation. They are varied. Liberal does not equal party

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I am a brexiteers and know some horrible brexiteers also a very close t girl friend of mine is a big remainer but are friendship goes way above that.

YOu cannot judge a person by there politics that is very small minded,however,I do dislike biggots

upton wirral

all the brexiteers I know are delighted with the way they voted as am I as we will enjoy the last laugh

upton wirral

"No, me neither.

Even your fellow remainers don't agree with you, perhaps you are the thoroughly unpleasant person for trying to label 17 million people so negatively!

"

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I get the message about Britain making the best of this.

That would be easier if there was a consensual, collective leadership, one that tried to heal the divide in the country.

There isn’t.

It can’t even heal the divide in the Conservative Party.

That’s why this is such a morass.

Cameron thought this would cure the right. Instead, we have civil war.

How can anyone unite behind a vision of Britain post-EU when the Tory moderates try to give you one, only to be shot down in flames by the Tory extremists?

Where is the consensual approach?

That’s why I find it so sad, the lack of national leadership never mind party leadership. And why I share a sense if pessism, not optimism, about our prospects.

It was a morass to begin with and it still is.

Please wake me up when it’s over.

Burton on Trent

Think there is some confusion as to what the term liberal means.

To me it means that my views for the most part are straight down the middle and open to nuance from both sides. Also having a live and let live attitude, as long as you're not hurting anyone else.

Which explains why I generally dislike those that have voted to leave.

And as for those that use the phrase "liberal lefties", just get in the fucking sea

Making the word liberal a dirty word is all part of the alt right agenda.You see it from the far brexiters in here all the time. Despicable people.They were angry and small minded bigots before brexit and now they are still as angry and now empowered by the brexit result and have gone full BNP neo nazi.It was to be expected.

North West

"Making the word liberal a dirty word is all part of the alt right agenda.You see it from the far brexiters in here all the time. Despicable people.They were angry and small minded bigots before brexit and now they are still as angry and now empowered by the brexit result and have gone full BNP neo nazi.It was to be expected. "

So hum... Have you ever met a “nice” Brexiter?

I thought I did once, but then as usual the mask slipped.

Dudley

"Making the word liberal a dirty word is all part of the alt right agenda.You see it from the far brexiters in here all the time. Despicable people.They were angry and small minded bigots before brexit and now they are still as angry and now empowered by the brexit result and have gone full BNP neo nazi.It was to be expected. "

He' on his high horse again!!

He can't bring himself to admit that the OP was in the wrong making such a despicable statement about 17 million people probably because in his heart he thinks it's true! Shame on you Bob and the OP, it shows you in your true colours!

"Making the word liberal a dirty word is all part of the alt right agenda.You see it from the far brexiters in here all the time. Despicable people.They were angry and small minded bigots before brexit and now they are still as angry and now empowered by the brexit result and have gone full BNP neo nazi.It was to be expected.

He can't bring himself to admit that the OP was in the wrong making such a despicable statement about 17 million people probably because in his heart he thinks it's true! Shame on you Bob and the OP, it shows you in your true colours!"

I always say what I see.It gives me an enormous sense of well being.I am sure you can relate.

Dudley

"Making the word liberal a dirty word is all part of the alt right agenda.You see it from the far brexiters in here all the time. Despicable people.They were angry and small minded bigots before brexit and now they are still as angry and now empowered by the brexit result and have gone full BNP neo nazi.It was to be expected.

He can't bring himself to admit that the OP was in the wrong making such a despicable statement about 17 million people probably because in his heart he thinks it's true! Shame on you Bob and the OP, it shows you in your true colours!

I always say what I see.It gives me an enormous sense of well being.I am sure you can relate. "

Case proven!

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I'm by no stretch right wing, let alone far-right and I'm not keen on liberals - (liberalism differs from libertarianism).

There is a saying - "Scratch a liberal and you get a Fascist" and I've seen it proved time and time again, especially on here.

I certainly don't think laissez faire market liberalism is best for the country, and I also don't think that European Federalism, especially when it exists in such a way that state owned utilities from other member states run our utilities at a massive profit to subsidise their own infrastructure is good for the country.

I find the sneering remainers contempt for both democracy and the working class just as grating as the xenophobia of the far right leavers. One lot of classists does not trump one lot of xenophobes.

By *ay and DeborahCouple  over a year ago

Co. Down

I pay taxes to employ a bunch of morons a wage and pensions in the devolved Stormont administration in Northern Ireland, I'm fairly certain the administrations in Scotland and Wales are equally as bad, why should I have to pay to maintain the lifestyle of a load of mickey mouse politicians in Brussels! Neil Kinnock, unelectable as a leader of the Uk has a ninety thousand pound a year pension from Brussels on the back of ordinary people, lets get out and as Lord Tebbit said a long time ago, let the foreign office deal with foreigners

Cannock

Awww bless, Bob is getting confused again. The only people who have gone full BNP of late are the far left anti semitic Labour Momentum Corbynistas.

Burton on Trent

Awww bless, Bob is getting confused again. The only people who have gone full BNP of late are the far left anti semitic Labour Momentum Corbynistas. "

And the Tories, or did you miss the Windrush scandal? And Farage, or did you miss when he said there are parts of England where English is not spoken?

Selective memory perhaps?

I'm by no stretch right wing, let alone far-right and I'm not keen on liberals - (liberalism differs from libertarianism).

There is a saying - "Scratch a liberal and you get a Fascist" and I've seen it proved time and time again, especially on here.

I certainly don't think laissez faire market liberalism is best for the country, and I also don't think that European Federalism, especially when it exists in such a way that state owned utilities from other member states run our utilities at a massive profit to subsidise their own infrastructure is good for the country.

I find the sneering remainers contempt for both democracy and the working class just as grating as the xenophobia of the far right leavers. One lot of classists does not trump one lot of xenophobes. "

Derby

Awww bless, Bob is getting confused again. The only people who have gone full BNP of late are the far left anti semitic Labour Momentum Corbynistas. "

Wait a minute! Isn't Bob a far-left Labour Momentum Corbynista?

He can't bring himself to admit that the OP was in the wrong making such a despicable statement about 17 million people probably because in his heart he thinks it's true! Shame on you Bob and the OP, it shows you in your true colours!"

Ad I mentioned earlier. Most of the nastiness seems to be coming from the remainers. How dare he label me as an angry small minded bigot and a full BNP Neo Nazi. Look yo yourself !

Awww bless, Bob is getting confused again. The only people who have gone full BNP of late are the far left anti semitic Labour Momentum Corbynistas.

Wait a minute! Isn't Bob a far-left Labour Momentum Corbynista? "

Extreme green .

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Wait a minute! Isn't Bob a far-left Labour Momentum Corbynista? "

No that's me, Bob is even further to the left, he is a...

... GREEN!

moston

"Extreme green . "

ROFL!

I think you'll find all those that are little triggered by the OP are on the right .They Are without doubt some of the first to defend anything in the news or media considered racist and just about all are brexiters.

Do I need to say anymore.The mask it always slips away.They need to stand up for the right to be xenophobic is strong in some.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I only care and accept people for who they are, not some tiny facet of their life, based on their past experience and thought processes that I've not had, not could I have had.

The world, including the forum, is a better place when we have respect for each other. I appreciate learning other perspectives on subjects, where there is potentially not any one right answer - there's just difference.

We're fortunate to have this opportunity to discuss and learn - imagine how it would not have been possible if we lived in the era of swingers contact magazines

Dudley

" I think you'll find all those that are little triggered by the OP are on the right .They Are without doubt some of the first to defend anything in the news or media considered racist and just about all are brexiters.

Do I need to say anymore.The mask it always slips away.They need to stand up for the right to be xenophobic is strong in some. "

Best get some elastic to fix your own mask Bob because yours as well and truly fell off!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

" I think you'll find all those that are little triggered by the OP are on the right .They Are without doubt some of the first to defend anything in the news or media considered racist and just about all are brexiters.

Do I need to say anymore.The mask it always slips away.They need to stand up for the right to be xenophobic is strong in some. "

Is that why the labour party has got a thing against Jews? Is it their unabashed xenophobia?

upton wirral

Rubbish what planet are you from?

I thought I did once, but then as usual the mask slipped."

and you pair think you are nice open minded people ??

upton wirral

"I only care and accept people for who they are, not some tiny facet of their life, based on their past experience and thought processes that I've not had, not could I have had.

The world, including the forum, is a better place when we have respect for each other. I appreciate learning other perspectives on subjects, where there is potentially not any one right answer - there's just difference.

We're fortunate to have this opportunity to discuss and learn - imagine how it would not have been possible if we lived in the era of swingers contact magazines "

I loved the days of contact magaznes,meeting was more exiting

[Removed by poster at 23/04/18 23:16:57]

"No, me neither.

I know plenty of nice remainers and brexitiers but i cant say the same for the majority of those contributing to these brexit threads and the nastiest seem to be the remainers."

I thought I did once, but then as usual the mask slipped. and you pair think you are nice open minded people ?? "

moston

"I only care and accept people for who they are, not some tiny facet of their life, based on their past experience and thought processes that I've not had, not could I have had.

We're fortunate to have this opportunity to discuss and learn - imagine how it would not have been possible if we lived in the era of swingers contact magazines "

Laudable in many ways, and I agree in politics there is no single right answer, but there are many patently wrong answers. When the policies followed for decades lead to division and impoverishment of the many to fund conspicuous consumption, gluttony and hoarding of wealth by the few then clearly the answer being trotted out is wrong.

Just my opinion, for what it is worth.

Costa Blanca Spain...

We're fortunate to have this opportunity to discuss and learn - imagine how it would not have been possible if we lived in the era of swingers contact magazines

Laudable in many ways, and I agree in politics there is no single right answer, but there are many patently wrong answers. When the policies followed for decades lead to division and impoverishment of the many to fund conspicuous consumption, gluttony and hoarding of wealth by the few then clearly the answer being trotted out is wrong.

Just my opinion, for what it is worth."

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

As you well know we disagree on most things political, but at least you stick your opinion without getting nasty or personal (OK you've had a couple of minor infringements but I'll forgive you)

For many others on here I can't say the same. Maybe it's a generation thing.

It seems to me that politics in general has become a lot more nasty in recent years and I don't think that it is just a coincidence that it has gone hand in hand with the rise of the internet.

When I was in local politics we would do our jobs canvasing, delivering leaflets Etc. Quite often we would bump into someone from the opposition doing the same and it would just be a quick hello or similar. Occasionally we would even have a chat for a few minutes.

At the count we would even sometimes sit down for a drink together. To be fair there was an occasional pillock but in the main we all rubbed along together.

It is a long time since I was involved but, sadly, I would be very surprised if that type of attitude still survives.

I've met loads. There are lots of things wrong with the EU. I understand that people feel pushed aside by globalism. That they don't feel part of the conversation anymore.

I was a reluctant remainer. My problem is the whole thing was written in Crayon. If they were serious. There would have been about 4 or 5 various options on the ballot.

Now it's just going to be another way for the Establishment to rob the populace.

I don’t know if this is a serious question OP or just an attempt to rile people.

But I do know one guy who was open about his intention to vote leave and he was doing so in the genuine hope things would get better rather than all the usual stereotype reasons. He’s an intelligent, articulate, compassionate guy and the only person I could have a sensible conversation about Brexit with. We’d often agree with each others points and we were both horrified by the misinformation on both sides of the campaign.

moston

"Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

As you well know we disagree on most things political, but at least you stick your opinion without getting nasty or personal (OK you've had a couple of minor infringements but I'll forgive you)

It seems to me that politics in general has become a lot more nasty in recent years and I don't think that it is just a coincidence that it has gone hand in hand with the rise of the internet.

When I was in local politics we would do our jobs canvasing, delivering leaflets Etc. Quite often we would bump into someone from the opposition doing the same and it would just be a quick hello or similar. Occasionally we would even have a chat for a few minutes.

At the count we would even sometimes sit down for a drink together. To be fair there was an occasional pillock but in the main we all rubbed along together.

It is a long time since I was involved but, sadly, I would be very surprised if that type of attitude still survives. "

You are of course correct about politics becoming more extreme over the last few years. But your conclusion that this is a result of the internet is incorrect. It is a well documented phenomenon of politics that austerity breeds nationalism and extremist policies as people gravitate towards leaders they perceive as being strong, of course these leaders tend to be authoritarian and dictatorial in nature. Which in turn leads to conflict both internally and externally. Of course the opposite is true in times of plenty and therefore once intelligent autocrats gain power they tend to use austerity as a means to stay in power.

History is full of examples of this tactic being used to stay in power.

moston

"I've met loads. There are lots of things wrong with the EU. I understand that people feel pushed aside by globalism. That they don't feel part of the conversation anymore.

I was a reluctant remainer. My problem is the whole thing was written in Crayon. If they were serious. There would have been about 4 or 5 various options on the ballot.

Now it's just going to be another way for the Establishment to rob the populace. "

You raise a very valid point about globalisation, and I know many who voted for brexit for that very reason. But whenever I spoke to them about it and pointed out that the only way to combat the power of super national global corporations that control more wealth than most of the worlds sovereign nations is to form multinational trading blocks that can redress the balance I was told I was wrong and that somehow being smaller would make us stronger.

It seems to me that we really do need to be given a collective head wobble, and I hope that the reality of 4 or 5 years outside the EU will bring some sanity back to Britain as we find out that there is a good reason large countries prosper while small tribes falter.

"I don’t know if this is a serious question OP or just an attempt to rile people.

But I do know one guy who was open about his intention to vote leave and he was doing so in the genuine hope things would get better rather than all the usual stereotype reasons. He’s an intelligent, articulate, compassionate guy and the only person I could have a sensible conversation about Brexit with. We’d often agree with each others points and we were both horrified by the misinformation on both sides of the campaign.

"

You can't possibly say a Leaver and a Remainer can agree with each other on certain things, the OP will accuse you of making stuff up to prove a point!

"I've met loads. There are lots of things wrong with the EU. I understand that people feel pushed aside by globalism. That they don't feel part of the conversation anymore.

Now it's just going to be another way for the Establishment to rob the populace.

You raise a very valid point about globalisation, and I know many who voted for brexit for that very reason. But whenever I spoke to them about it and pointed out that the only way to combat the power of super national global corporations that control more wealth than most of the worlds sovereign nations is to form multinational trading blocks that can redress the balance I was told I was wrong and that somehow being smaller would make us stronger.

It seems to me that we really do need to be given a collective head wobble, and I hope that the reality of 4 or 5 years outside the EU will bring some sanity back to Britain as we find out that there is a good reason large countries prosper while small tribes falter."

Sounds very plausible, if it weren't for the fact the EU is in the pocket of those same super national global corporations.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

I dont know if many of you on here know of Ming Flanagan, but he is a young and dynamicIrish politician who is now an MEP, check him out on Facebook and look at the videos he posts.

I find the sneering remainers contempt for both democracy and the working class just as grating as the xenophobia of the far right leavers. One lot of classists does not trump one lot of xenophobes. "

The fact that foreign investment bought British utilities is nothing to do with the EU. The UK governments of all colours let it happen - greed is the reason.

[Removed by poster at 16/05/18 02:15:57]

By *espectful_KinksterMan  over a year ago

Abergele

[Removed by poster at 17/05/18 07:12:37]

Abergele

Plenty, but I read all the time about the nasty remainers

"No, me neither.

How Toxic !

How would you feel if thier was a Topic of have you ever met a nice remainer ?

Remember plenty on the left were brexiteers !

Tho I'm on the Right , thier were many reasons to vote Brexit !

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We find that the vast majority of people we meet are nice whichever way they voted.

[Removed by poster at 17/05/18 08:24:33]

I have little in common with brexiters politically.Its a divide that can't at present be crossed.This is only the beginning of the divide.

"I have little in common with brexiters politically.Its a divide that can't at present be crossed.This is only the beginning of the divide."
Hope it's not the End of the lefty Righty Party ?

??

By *orningtonCroissantMan  over a year ago

notts and humberside

"No, me neither.

Nope!!! And I include my mum in that!

By *orningtonCroissantMan  over a year ago

notts and humberside

"No, me neither.

Nope!!! And I include my mum in that!

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"I have little in common with brexiters politically.Its a divide that can't at present be crossed.This is only the beginning of the divide."

Similar here. It seems to be very much a sign of a worldview that I just don't agree with, want to be associated with, or deal much with people who do.

And no that isn't [whatever]-ist. These people made a conscious decision to choose the path they did. They can change it.

-Matt

I know quite a few nice Brexit voters, I respect their choice of vote though their reasoning has yet to make any form of economic sense.

I'm sure there's lots of unpleasant remain & leave voters too.

North West

We are in Spain on holiday and tonight on the next table to us a couple from yorkshire were trying to explain to two couples on the next table (from Belgium and Germany) why the U.K. voted to leave the EU. Fuck... just how embarrassing it was. Like listening to a primary school child arguing with college graduates.

This thing will leave us poorer and more humiliated than anything I can ever remember in my lifetime.

Derby

"We find that the vast majority of people we meet are nice whichever way they voted."

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"We are in Spain on holiday and tonight on the next table to us a couple from yorkshire were trying to explain to two couples on the next table (from Belgium and Germany) why the U.K. voted to leave the EU. Fuck... just how embarrassing it was. Like listening to a primary school child arguing with college graduates.

This thing will leave us poorer and more humiliated than anything I can ever remember in my lifetime."

so your on holiday in Spain and you are sat earwiging a conversation about leaving the eu wow ya party animal have you thought about eastbourne next yr lmao

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"We are in Spain on holiday and tonight on the next table to us a couple from yorkshire were trying to explain to two couples on the next table (from Belgium and Germany) why the U.K. voted to leave the EU. Fuck... just how embarrassing it was. Like listening to a primary school child arguing with college graduates.

This thing will leave us poorer and more humiliated than anything I can ever remember in my lifetime. so your on holiday in Spain and you are sat earwiging a conversation about leaving the eu wow ya party animal have you thought about eastbourne next yr lmao "

Oh my oh my why don’t you try Clacton moron

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Another brainless brexiteer

This thing will leave us poorer and more humiliated than anything I can ever remember in my lifetime. so your on holiday in Spain and you are sat earwiging a conversation about leaving the eu wow ya party animal have you thought about eastbourne next yr lmao "

Those were my exact thoughs but I was too polite to post them. I would hope that I would never have to spend my time on holidays eavesdropping to other people's conversations and then commenting on it on the internet .

If we ignore that fact that the majority of the population have no interest in politics or the internet the content of a conversation does not have to be highly academic. It is probable that each party to the conversation enjoyed each other's company . My guess is that they were all on holiday and making polite conversation to each other.

What would embarrass me would be admitting that I was eavesdropping on the conversation of other people who were enjoying their holiday .

"We find that the vast majority of people we meet are nice whichever way they voted.

"

In any event the majority of the population have no interest in politics or Brexit

Abergele

By reading the posts, you can clearly see who has the issues and nasty about it....

By *retty womanWoman  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth

"No, me neither.

By *retty womanWoman  over a year ago

Near Bournemouth

"When it comes to discussing Brexit, I've only ever met one who didn't in the end revert to "we won you lost, will of the people " type and thus become unpleasant.

But as people they are usually ok. Little bit racist, but then isn't everyone? "

I'm not racist at all. I voted to leave because of the undemocratic way they rule us.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"When it comes to discussing Brexit, I've only ever met one who didn't in the end revert to "we won you lost, will of the people " type and thus become unpleasant.

I'm not racist at all. I voted to leave because of the undemocratic way they rule us."

The EU system virtually identically mirrors the UK system.

Cannock

I'm not racist at all. I voted to leave because of the undemocratic way they rule us.

The EU system virtually identically mirrors the UK system."

The EU system is no where near the same as the UK system.

Cambridge

The EU system is no where near the same as the UK system. "

No? I think it's very similar. MEPs are just like MPs.

Derby

No? I think it's very similar. MEPs are just like MPs."

And that's why you think the two systems are the same?

North West

".....

I'm not racist at all. I voted to leave because of the undemocratic way they rule us."

1) “They” don’t rule “us” - The A50 White Paper confirmed this.

2) There is nothing undemocratic about the way that the EU works - it is in fact more democratic than the U.K.

It is no surprise however that you would repeat the sounbyte so glibly as the entire Leave campaign was based around lies sent out as memes, soundytes and slogans.

It is actually pathetic that a grown adult would come out with such a statement after two years pre referendum information and two years since the vote. Four years and people still believe and regurgitate lies to promote their fear based agenda.

Cambridge

No? I think it's very similar. MEPs are just like MPs.

And that's why you think the two systems are the same?"

One of the reasons, yeah.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Yes many nice people..and some even have brains you know ....glad that u think 52% of our great country are not nice .... maybe u should look in the mirror x

I voted leave but not because I’m some knuckle dragging racist anti immigration pro British moron.

I voted to leave because I spent my entire working life as an engineer in the manufacturing sector. Back in the 80’s when we moved to a more finance based economy and moved away from manufacturing (and as a consequence exporting) I saw the drop in apprenticeships and in training for all kinds of manufacturing industries as the finance and service sectors took over. However, following the financial crash the government has finally started to invest in manufacturing again and although Europe is a big market the rest of the world is bigger and I’d like to see us able to trade freely and without restraint all over the globe. The EU is restrictive and no longer fit for purpose in my view.

Barbados

"I voted leave but not because I’m some knuckle dragging racist anti immigration pro British moron.

I voted to leave because I spent my entire working life as an engineer in the manufacturing sector. Back in the 80’s when we moved to a more finance based economy and moved away from manufacturing (and as a consequence exporting) I saw the drop in apprenticeships and in training for all kinds of manufacturing industries as the finance and service sectors took over. However, following the financial crash the government has finally started to invest in manufacturing again and although Europe is a big market the rest of the world is bigger and I’d like to see us able to trade freely and without restraint all over the globe. The EU is restrictive and no longer fit for purpose in my view. "

But we won’t be able to ‘trade freely’ (and more/less so than we can now) as we will sill be working within WTO rules and that means that other countries will still have import duties on things we want to sell them.

To be 100% clear here, there is nothing stopping us trading with anyone anywhere NOW. Just we won’t get the nice low/zero tarrifs we get with the EU and countries the EU has negotiated deal with. And once we leave the EU we won’t get those low/zero tarrifs with ANYONE. Not unless we negotiate a new deal with them that is better than what we have now. Which as it stands looks very unlikely.

-Matt

North West

"Yes many nice people..and some even have brains you know ....glad that u think 52% of our great country are not nice .... maybe u should look in the mirror x"

A significant percentage are also prone to reading something, interpreting it in a negative way and then regurgitating it as a fake claim that they assert as being factual. Just like you and others have done.

As explained to the other person above who also suffers the same affliction that you do... Just because I have never met a nice Brexiter, doesn't mean that I have met everyone who voted to make themselves poorer, less relevant in the world and at the same time cuddle up with all the racists, xenophobes, misogynists and right-wing thugs (ie by voting Brexit). No... I haven't met all of them, but the ones I have usually descend into type within a few minutes of engaging in conversation.

"Yes many nice people..and some even have brains you know ....glad that u think 52% of our great country are not nice .... maybe u should look in the mirror x

A significant percentage are also prone to reading something, interpreting it in a negative way and then regurgitating it as a fake claim that they assert as being factual. Just like you and others have done.

As explained to the other person above who also suffers the same affliction that you do... Just because I have never met a nice Brexiter, doesn't mean that I have met everyone who voted to make themselves poorer, less relevant in the world and at the same time cuddle up with all the racists, xenophobes, misogynists and right-wing thugs (ie by voting Brexit). No... I haven't met all of them, but the ones I have usually descend into type within a few minutes of engaging in conversation."

“Suffers the same affliction that you do”

String that along with

“Usually descend into type wishing a few minutes of engaging in conversation”

Then just sit back and smile at the irony

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

This post is just another way of idiots calling leave voters racists it’s a joke

Tbh 8 out of 10 people who discuss politics tends to come across as knob. On all sides of an argument.

Ps I suspect I’m in the eight. Lol.

Cambridge

"This post is just another way of idiots calling leave voters racists it’s a joke "

Snowflake

upton wirral

"This post is just another way of idiots calling leave voters racists it’s a joke

Snowflake "

"This post is just another way of idiots calling leave voters racists it’s a joke

Snowflake "

I thought winter was over.Ive even started getting a tan down here on the coast and beginning to look like a dirty foreigner.

North West

Snowflake

I thought winter was over.Ive even started getting a tan down here on the coast and beginning to look like a dirty foreigner. "

I have a suntan now. Just waiting to be told to “go home” by a friendly local Brexiter.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"This post is just another way of idiots calling leave voters racists it’s a joke "
Well said

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Yes many nice people..and some even have brains you know ....glad that u think 52% of our great country are not nice .... maybe u should look in the mirror x

As explained to the other person above who also suffers the same affliction that you do... Just because I have never met a nice Brexiter, doesn't mean that I have met everyone who voted to make themselves poorer, less relevant in the world and at the same time cuddle up with all the racists, xenophobes, misogynists and right-wing thugs (ie by voting Brexit). No... I haven't met all of them, but the ones I have usually descend into type within a few minutes of engaging in conversation."

And you say all leave voters are nasty people

Yes .

I looked in the Mirror ??

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Just my opinion, for what it is worth.

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else's.

It is a long time since I was involved but, sadly, I would be very surprised if that type of attitude still survives. "

Probably the most sensible post on this whole thread.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

If I'm honest I've yet to meet a nice remoaner . to keep harping on about the vote nearly two years ago beggers belief .we live in a democratic world .if the result had gone the other way I wouldn't have gone on like the remain lot .we got it wrong first time around all those years back .we were fed lies then .nothing changed in that respect this time .the truth is we were sick of being told what to do .Italy will start next

Barbados

"If I'm honest I've yet to meet a nice remoaner . to keep harping on about the vote nearly two years ago beggers belief .we live in a democratic world .if the result had gone the other way I wouldn't have gone on like the remain lot .we got it wrong first time around all those years back .we were fed lies then .nothing changed in that respect this time .the truth is we were sick of being told what to do .Italy will start next "

What do you mean? Leavers have been banging on about leaving for the past two decades. Even going so far as to create a single-issue political party based around it!

You seem to have a strange view of democracy too. Democracy does not mean 'make one decision and stick with it forever'. Even if you disregard the mis-information and lies that got people to vote leave in the first place. Otherwise why would be bother with general elections every few years? Why not just elect one party and stick with them for the next century?

-Matt

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"If I'm honest I've yet to meet a nice remoaner . to keep harping on about the vote nearly two years ago beggers belief .we live in a democratic world .if the result had gone the other way I wouldn't have gone on like the remain lot .we got it wrong first time around all those years back .we were fed lies then .nothing changed in that respect this time .the truth is we were sick of being told what to do .Italy will start next "

It's doubly ironical that you claim remainers are undemocratic by not accepting the democratic result of the second referendum held two years ago, and then go on and tell everyone how you yourself never accepted the result of the first referendum held 43 years ago.

Can you not see your own inconsistency here?

"If I'm honest I've yet to meet a nice remoaner . to keep harping on about the vote nearly two years ago beggers belief .we live in a democratic world .if the result had gone the other way I wouldn't have gone on like the remain lot .we got it wrong first time around all those years back .we were fed lies then .nothing changed in that respect this time .the truth is we were sick of being told what to do .Italy will start next

It's doubly ironical that you claim remainers are undemocratic by not accepting the democratic result of the second referendum held two years ago, and then go on and tell everyone how you yourself never accepted the result of the first referendum held 43 years ago.

Can you not see your own inconsistency here? "

. I can’t see where he says he never accepted the result of the first referendum.

"No, me neither.

Is this statement not a little irrational as the majority of the population have no interest in Brexit. ? In any event we are just talking about minor changes in duties and new trade agreements. The economy does not seen too concerned about the impact of Brexit. The FTSE 100 has hit an all time high .

North West

"No, me neither.

I just can’t be doing with the hate, the divisiveness, the Jingoism and worst of all the assumption that being a thoroughly unpleasant person is somehow patriotic. Is this statement not a little irrational as the majority of the population have no interest in Brexit. ? In any event we are just talking about minor changes in duties and new trade agreements. The economy does not seen too concerned about the impact of Brexit. The FTSE 100 has hit an all time high ."

The record is stuck Pat

[Removed by poster at 27/05/18 13:59:22]

As immature and imbecilic as this thread is, it does quite admirably go to show what bitter, nasty and small people some hard-core remain voters are. It's a good job that there are places like this forum where they can all wallow in their own crapulence, all agreeing with each other how wonderful and correct they are about brexit, but never quite fully understanding that nobody of any importance gives a shit what they say or think about it.

Dudley

"As immature and imbecilic as this thread is, it does quite admirably go to show what bitter, nasty and small people some hard-core remain voters are. It's a good job that there are places like this forum where they can all wallow in their own crapulence, all agreeing with each other how wonderful and correct they are about brexit, but never quite fully understanding that nobody of any importance gives a shit what they say or think about it. "

Too right!

North West

Still not met one.

I thought I may have met one last week but then he reminded us that we had voted for a purer Britain. When asked to clarify he just smirked and said - “you know, make life better for us instead of concentrating on foreigners and being ruled by foreigners.”

Ah well... May be one day...

Cannock

"If I'm honest I've yet to meet a nice remoaner . to keep harping on about the vote nearly two years ago beggers belief .we live in a democratic world .if the result had gone the other way I wouldn't have gone on like the remain lot .we got it wrong first time around all those years back .we were fed lies then .nothing changed in that respect this time .the truth is we were sick of being told what to do .Italy will start next

Can you not see your own inconsistency here? "

I think most Brexiters wouldn't have a problem with another referendum on it in 43 years time. That's how long we had to wait. You've had it your own way for the last 43 years. In the interest of fairness can you now wait 43 years for another one?

"Still not met one.

I thought I may have met one last week but then he reminded us that we had voted for a purer Britain. When asked to clarify he just smirked and said - “you know, make life better for us instead of concentrating on foreigners and being ruled by foreigners.”

Ah well... May be one day..."

Maybe you don't meet any leave voters at all because the strong smell of bullshit coming from you puts them off getting any closer? Fine for remoaners, though - they're used to it! Just a thought

By *drianukMan  over a year ago

Spain, Lancs

Perhaps the closed mind betrayed by the OP reveals his or her prejudice. An open mind avoids prejudice and some Remainers really need to look more closely at themselves.

If they did that they may see how offensive they are in posing such ludicrous and juvenile questions

North West

So it was all OK in the name of political satire for Spitting Image to come up with a song called “I have never met a nice South African?”

That was OK was it? But in today’s world of snowflake Brexiters where the merest suggestion of a slight against demands a fate worse than death?

I think we know who the real snowflakes are lol

PS - I do actually know a couple of nice South Africans but nice Brexiters remain elusive

"So it was all OK in the name of political satire for Spitting Image to come up with a song called “I have never met a nice South African?”

That was OK was it? But in today’s world of snowflake Brexiters where the merest suggestion of a slight against demands a fate worse than death?

PS - I do actually know a couple of nice South Africans but nice Brexiters remain elusive "

You're citing a 34 year old puppet show as justification for offensive immaturity? Dude, you need to grow up - seriously.

Can you not see your own inconsistency here?

I think most Brexiters wouldn't have a problem with another referendum on it in 43 years time. That's how long we had to wait. You've had it your own way for the last 43 years. In the interest of fairness can you now wait 43 years for another one? "

Come on you know thats weak.

Its not about fairness, its about public and political pressure.

Since the back end of the blair years, the financial crash and austerity, the UK has been a simmering pot.

We had a very unpopular Tory PM who got too big headed, he wanted to silence the eurosceptic wing of his party and UKIP and believed because, via a FPtP system he got a large majority he'd crush that view point.

He took a gamble and lost, because he was blind to the concerns of the working and lower middle class who has reasonable concerns around immigration and austerity.

You throw in a lack of housing being built and an NHS under visable strain and people blame the EU because they don't like the idea of holding parliment to account and accepting that their own voting record and lack of action put them in this position.

There will be another referendum/decision when there is public pressure and the political will for it. Not on some arbitary demand of fairness.

North West

"So it was all OK in the name of political satire for Spitting Image to come up with a song called “I have never met a nice South African?”

PS - I do actually know a couple of nice South Africans but nice Brexiters remain elusive

You're citing a 34 year old puppet show as justification for offensive immaturity? Dude, you need to grow up - seriously."

If you would look at the original post and read it instead of doing what you and all the other snowflake Brexiters did - you might just have seen the meaning of the post. Instead, true to form and just like the defensive South Africans of that era - you and the others read what you wanted to read, became all snowflakey and offended and quite simply became the very parody that the OP was about.

You're citing a 34 year old puppet show as justification for offensive immaturity? Dude, you need to grow up - seriously.

If you would look at the original post and read it instead of doing what you and all the other snowflake Brexiters did - you might just have seen the meaning of the post. Instead, true to form and just like the defensive South Africans of that era - you and the others read what you wanted to read, became all snowflakey and offended and quite simply became the very parody that the OP was about. "

I don't care mate - nobody does. Get used to being insignificant

Cannock

You're citing a 34 year old puppet show as justification for offensive immaturity? Dude, you need to grow up - seriously."

most of the humour in Spitting image was childish and immature, and looks extremely outdated today, but if the cap fits it seems the OP is happy to wear it. A recent run of programmes called "it was ok in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's", highlighted how attitudes have changed over the years. It was ok to sell golly wogs and for white performers to 'black up' and perform in the The black and white minstrels show in the 1960's but would be frowned upon in today's society. Just because it was ok then doesn't mean it's ok now.

North West

If you would look at the original post and read it instead of doing what you and all the other snowflake Brexiters did - you might just have seen the meaning of the post. Instead, true to form and just like the defensive South Africans of that era - you and the others read what you wanted to read, became all snowflakey and offended and quite simply became the very parody that the OP was about.

I don't care mate - nobody does. Get used to being insignificant "

Except that you continue to get wound up by it, so clearly you do care, otherwise you would not have continued to post on the thread.

Snowflake Brexiters are like that, they get very easily offended by the very suggestion that they are all snowflakey and easily offended.

And that is a wrap.

Tim Martin of Wetherspoons and John Dyson are two very successfull business men who supported Brexit . Surely out in the real world you are hardly going to be aware of whether or not the people you meet are pro or against Brexit. I meet people everyday and have no idea of their opinions on the issue. I guess it is of little interest to most people. A well known journalist introduced a pub landlady to the Chancellor of the Exchequer and she had no idea who he was. Most people have no interest in politics.

Except that you continue to get wound up by it, so clearly you do care, otherwise you would not have continued to post on the thread.

Snowflake Brexiters are like that, they get very easily offended by the very suggestion that they are all snowflakey and easily offended.

And that is a wrap."

That's a wrap is it? What an over-inflated sense of your own importance you have So insignificant.

And that is a wrap."

I would think that the poster concerned is just passing a little idle time and he makes a very valid point .

By *urve BallWoman  over a year ago

North London

"As immature and imbecilic as this thread is, it does quite admirably go to show what bitter, nasty and small people some hard-core remain voters are. It's a good job that there are places like this forum where they can all wallow in their own crapulence, all agreeing with each other how wonderful and correct they are about brexit, but never quite fully understanding that nobody of any importance gives a shit what they say or think about it. "

...and it's posts like this (plus your following ones on this thread) that exactly make the op's (tongue in cheek) case and, in fact, prove the point that there's no smoke without fire.

Quite sad that in trying to trash the concept, you make an example of why/how it was conceived.

By *ich_and_LizCouple  over a year ago

Spain

What an absolutely pathetic post... We are amazed you haven’t included it in your profile stating you are only looking for Remainers !

So sad .

North West

"What an absolutely pathetic post... We are amazed you haven’t included it in your profile stating you are only looking for Remainers !

So sad . "

And so it continues.... The parodies come to life one after the other. Who said it was Remainer who were snowflakes lol

"As immature and imbecilic as this thread is, it does quite admirably go to show what bitter, nasty and small people some hard-core remain voters are. It's a good job that there are places like this forum where they can all wallow in their own crapulence, all agreeing with each other how wonderful and correct they are about brexit, but never quite fully understanding that nobody of any importance gives a shit what they say or think about it.

...and it's posts like this (plus your following ones on this thread) that exactly make the op's (tongue in cheek) case and, in fact, prove the point that there's no smoke without fire.

Quite sad that in trying to trash the concept, you make an example of why/how it was conceived."

Ah, the original post was "tongue in cheek", was it? That's very clever of you to deduce that - nobody else on this thread seems to think that it was "tongue in cheek", but what led you to that conclusion?

North London

"As immature and imbecilic as this thread is, it does quite admirably go to show what bitter, nasty and small people some hard-core remain voters are. It's a good job that there are places like this forum where they can all wallow in their own crapulence, all agreeing with each other how wonderful and correct they are about brexit, but never quite fully understanding that nobody of any importance gives a shit what they say or think about it.

Quite sad that in trying to trash the concept, you make an example of why/how it was conceived.

Ah, the original post was "tongue in cheek", was it? That's very clever of you to deduce that - nobody else on this thread seems to think that it was "tongue in cheek", but what led you to that conclusion? "

Only someone who saw truth in it, would try to disprove it and, in the process, turn it from "tongue in cheek" to actual fact.

If you disagreed and didn't see the tongue in cheek angle, you could have easily posted your reply in a civilized way explaining why you think that the OP was incorrect. Yet, you fell in the trap (which, btw, I thoroughly disapprove of in the first place) and demonstrated every single one of the OP's characterisations. You (and others on this thread) had a brilliant opportunity to show the OP out and, not only you didn't take it but, instead, you helped him/her prove his/her point.

Ah, the original post was "tongue in cheek", was it? That's very clever of you to deduce that - nobody else on this thread seems to think that it was "tongue in cheek", but what led you to that conclusion?

Only someone who saw truth in it, would try to disprove it and, in the process, turn it from "tongue in cheek" to actual fact.

If you disagreed and didn't see the tongue in cheek angle, you could have easily posted your reply in a civilized way explaining why you think that the OP was incorrect. Yet, you fell in the trap (which, btw, I thoroughly disapprove of in the first place) and demonstrated every single one of the OP's characterisations. You (and others on this thread) had a brilliant opportunity to show the OP out and, not only you didn't take it but, instead, you helped him/her prove his/her point. "

If you look at most of the replies hardly anyone agrees with the original poster. I do not see any reference to it being tongue in cheek. Lucky hardly anyone agrees with him.

If you disagreed and didn't see the tongue in cheek angle, you could have easily posted your reply in a civilized way explaining why you think that the OP was incorrect. Yet, you fell in the trap (which, btw, I thoroughly disapprove of in the first place) and demonstrated every single one of the OP's characterisations. You (and others on this thread) had a brilliant opportunity to show the OP out and, not only you didn't take it but, instead, you helped him/her prove his/her point. "

No, it’s hate. The OP has a hatred of his/her fellow human beings who were brexit voters. For proof, just click the little green arrow and read his/her other posts. It’s the same sort of hate as racism, sexism, and all the other isms and isn’t welcome here, or anywhere else. Thinly disguising the hatred as “tongue in cheek” is not good enough, and oversimplifying. And btw, I'm not a "brexiter" - I'm a foreign national here on a work visa for a few years. The reason I respond to this post is that I don't like bullies, and the OP does a lot of that throughout his/her posts. All you're doing is condoning hate. Oh, and btw - all my replies on this thread have been "tongue in cheek" too

Dudley

Ah, the original post was "tongue in cheek", was it? That's very clever of you to deduce that - nobody else on this thread seems to think that it was "tongue in cheek", but what led you to that conclusion? "

There was nothing tongue in cheek about the Op's original post! You only have to look on their posts for other similar threads to see that it's their opinion.

If you disagreed and didn't see the tongue in cheek angle, you could have easily posted your reply in a civilized way explaining why you think that the OP was incorrect. Yet, you fell in the trap (which, btw, I thoroughly disapprove of in the first place) and demonstrated every single one of the OP's characterisations. You (and others on this thread) had a brilliant opportunity to show the OP out and, not only you didn't take it but, instead, you helped him/her prove his/her point.

No, it’s hate. The OP has a hatred of his/her fellow human beings who were brexit voters. For proof, just click the little green arrow and read his/her other posts. It’s the same sort of hate as racism, sexism, and all the other isms and isn’t welcome here, or anywhere else. Thinly disguising the hatred as “tongue in cheek” is not good enough, and oversimplifying. And btw, I'm not a "brexiter" - I'm a foreign national here on a work visa for a few years. The reason I respond to this post is that I don't like bullies, and the OP does a lot of that throughout his/her posts. All you're doing is condoning hate. Oh, and btw - all my replies on this thread have been "tongue in cheek" too "

An excellent and very interesting post. Thanks for taking the time to clarify and to compose a highly informative post .

North West

"

There was nothing tongue in cheek about the Op's original post! You only have to look on their posts for other similar threads to see that it's their opinion. "

You are right! My opinion is that Brexiters are the real snowflakes in modern society. They are easily offended to such a degree that they get offended about being thought of as being easily offended as a group. They also (mostly) fail to argue material points and directly attack the individual Messenger as a tactic of breaking down any highlighting of the level of snowflakyness that they are afflicted by.

Dudley

"

There was nothing tongue in cheek about the Op's original post! You only have to look on their posts for other similar threads to see that it's their opinion.

You are right! My opinion is that Brexiters are the real snowflakes in modern society. They are easily offended to such a degree that they get offended about being thought of as being easily offended as a group. They also (mostly) fail to argue material points and directly attack the individual Messenger as a tactic of breaking down any highlighting of the level of snowflakyness that they are afflicted by."

Yawn, wake me up when you have something interesting to say!

North London

No, it’s hate. The OP has a hatred of his/her fellow human beings who were brexit voters. For proof, just click the little green arrow and read his/her other posts. It’s the same sort of hate as racism, sexism, and all the other isms and isn’t welcome here, or anywhere else. Thinly disguising the hatred as “tongue in cheek” is not good enough, and oversimplifying. And btw, I'm not a "brexiter" - I'm a foreign national here on a work visa for a few years. The reason I respond to this post is that I don't like bullies, and the OP does a lot of that throughout his/her posts. All you're doing is condoning hate. Oh, and btw - all my replies on this thread have been "tongue in cheek" too "

All *I*'m doing is condoning hate?!... I rest my case.

No, it’s hate. The OP has a hatred of his/her fellow human beings who were brexit voters. For proof, just click the little green arrow and read his/her other posts. It’s the same sort of hate as racism, sexism, and all the other isms and isn’t welcome here, or anywhere else. Thinly disguising the hatred as “tongue in cheek” is not good enough, and oversimplifying. And btw, I'm not a "brexiter" - I'm a foreign national here on a work visa for a few years. The reason I respond to this post is that I don't like bullies, and the OP does a lot of that throughout his/her posts. All you're doing is condoning hate. Oh, and btw - all my replies on this thread have been "tongue in cheek" too

All *I*'m doing is condoning hate?!... I rest my case."

What case?? You haven't made any kind of case! What on earth are you banging on about?

Dudley

What case?? You haven't made any kind of case! What on earth are you banging on about? "

How apt the Op is called Too Hot as they and their mates appear to be going into melt down the nearer the big day gets! Have met plenty of nice people on both sides of the vote, we just agree to differ, why can't you!?

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

[Removed by poster at 27/05/18 20:26:47]

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

Wow, lot of negativity in here! I'm off to kiss, fuck or avoid

North London

" If you look at most of the replies hardly anyone agrees with the original poster. I do not see any reference to it being tongue in cheek. Lucky hardly anyone agrees with him. "

*and*

"There was nothing tongue in cheek about the Op's original post! You only have to look on their posts for other similar threads to see that it's their opinion. "

Regardless of the tongue in cheek aspect (which some may get and some not), can you not see that it's the way that the answers are delivered which validates the original post?

I suppose some people see it fit to fight fire with fire but, if someone accused me of being an arsonist, I wouldn't go to the "fight" with a petrol bomb.

But that's just me.

North London

What case?? You haven't made any kind of case! What on earth are you banging on about? "

I didn't expect you to get it. In fact, even if the case itself slapped you in the face, you still wouldn't get it and you'd probably accuse it of condoning violence. That's the problem with tunnel vision.

(you may have the last word - I sense you consider it important).

Dudley

" If you look at most of the replies hardly anyone agrees with the original poster. I do not see any reference to it being tongue in cheek. Lucky hardly anyone agrees with him.

*and*

Regardless of the tongue in cheek aspect (which some may get and some not), can you not see that it's the way that the answers are delivered which validates the original post?

I suppose some people see it fit to fight fire with fire but, if someone accused me of being an arsonist, I wouldn't go to the "fight" with a petrol bomb.

But that's just me.

"

Funny how nobody else got the tongue in cheek bit! Nothing validates the original post because it's not true. I came with a bucket of water to put the fire out, beforethe fire consumes everyone!

North West

I've travelled this old world of ours from Barnsley to Peru

I've had sunshine in the arctic and a swim in Tinbuktu

I've seen unicorns in Burma and a Yetti in Nepal

And I've danced with ten foot pygmies in a Montezuma hall

I've met the King of China and a working Yorkshire miner

But I've never met a nice Brexiter

No he's never met a nice Brexiter

And that's not bloody surprising man

'Cause we're a bunch of arrogant b***tards

Who hate foreign people

I once got served in Woolies after less than four week's wait

I had lunch with Rowan Atkinson when he paid and wasn't late

I know a public swimming bath where they don't piss in the pool

I know a guy who got a job straight after leaving school

I've met a normal Mormon and a fairly modest German

'Cause we're a bunch of humourless fuckwits

Who love the smell of fish and chips

I've had a close encounter of the twenty-second kind

That's when an alien spaceship disappears up your behind

I got directory enquiries after less than forty rings

I've even heard a decent song by Paul McCartney's Wings

I've seen a flying pig in a quite convincing wig

'Cause we're a bunch of ignorant loudmouths

With no sense of humour - ha ha

I've met the Loch Ness monster and he looks like Fred Astaire

At the BBC in London he's the chief commissionaire

I know a place in Glasgow which is rife with daffodillies

I met a man in Katmandu who claimed to have two willies

I've had a nice pot noodle but I've never had a poodle

And I've never met a nice Brexiter

Etc etc

Cannock

"Wow, lot of negativity in here! I'm off to kiss, fuck or avoid "

Negativity started by a Remainer which is what the OP is. Negativity seems to be 2nd nature to remoaners though as they seem to be naturally pessimistic people. Don't blame you going to find a more positive thread. I think this one and the OP are best ignored, it's clear they are just trying to provoke a reaction from people, by being childish and petty.

Cambridge

"Wow, lot of negativity in here! I'm off to kiss, fuck or avoid

Negativity started by a Remainer which is what the OP is. Negativity seems to be 2nd nature to remoaners though as they seem to be naturally pessimistic people. Don't blame you going to find a more positive thread. I think this one and the OP are best ignored, it's clear they are just trying to provoke a reaction from people, by being childish and petty. "

Says someone who has spent the last 40 yrs blaming the EU (and predecessor organisations) for every problem in this country and many others!

"

(you may have the last word - I sense you consider it important)."

Ok, thanks. Nice tits babe

Barbados

Negativity started by a Remainer which is what the OP is. Negativity seems to be 2nd nature to remoaners though as they seem to be naturally pessimistic people. Don't blame you going to find a more positive thread. I think this one and the OP are best ignored, it's clear they are just trying to provoke a reaction from people, by being childish and petty. "

Well, I’m not a ‘remoner’. I voted remain and firmly think that voting to leave is economic, social and cultural self harm. But I am also a very positive person. And generally an optimist. But being an optimist doesn’t mean you can’t criticise complete and obvious stupid moves by your fellow countrymen. Or call them out as complete and utter fucking idiots when they repetedly fail to provide a single scrap of evidence as to why a leave vote would benefit anyone.

No, I’ve never met a nice leave voter. And sadly I count my own parents in that, whom we’ve since fallen out over other issues. But this was certainly a catalyst. Their ‘piss on the fire jack, my sausages are done’ attitude alas pervades the rest of their thinking. And having to come out to them regarding our lifestyle we certainly didn’t expect to have the police on our doorstep, due to their small-mindedness.

-Matt

North London

" (...) I came with a bucket of water to put the fire out, beforethe fire consumes everyone! "

Now that's refreshing! (both figuratively *and* literally!)

Negativity started by a Remainer which is what the OP is. Negativity seems to be 2nd nature to remoaners though as they seem to be naturally pessimistic people. Don't blame you going to find a more positive thread. I think this one and the OP are best ignored, it's clear they are just trying to provoke a reaction from people, by being childish and petty.

Well, I’m not a ‘remoner’. I voted remain and firmly think that voting to leave is economic, social and cultural self harm. But I am also a very positive person. And generally an optimist. But being an optimist doesn’t mean you can’t criticise complete and obvious stupid moves by your fellow countrymen. Or call them out as complete and utter fucking idiots when they repetedly fail to provide a single scrap of evidence as to why a leave vote would benefit anyone.

No, I’ve never met a nice leave voter. And sadly I count my own parents in that, whom we’ve since fallen out over other issues. But this was certainly a catalyst. Their ‘piss on the fire jack, my sausages are done’ attitude alas pervades the rest of their thinking. And having to come out to them regarding our lifestyle we certainly didn’t expect to have the police on our doorstep, due to their small-mindedness.

-Matt"

If you have never meet a nice leave voter , you must mix with a very skewed sample of the population. In any event most people keep their party politics private so there is insufficient information to pass any form of judgement ( though I am uncertain as to why anyone would want to do that in the first place )

Dudley

-Matt"

My advice to you would be to make it up with your parents no matter what has happened, it's just not worth all the heart ache.If anything happened to them before you made up you would never forgive yourself, take that from someone who knows.

The OP doesn’t come across as satire ... To try and cite a SONG by a bunch of PUPPETS from a show which ONLY did satire feels at best unwise. At worst it is a cover for unpleasant views. Not too far from those who have racist views but cite *control of immigration* (and I don’t mean all those who cite immigration are racists. One is a subset of another)

Ps I voted remain.

Abergele

"......

And I've never met a nice Brexiter Etc etc"

Maybe it's just you, do you meet nice people in shops, pubs, out and about or are they nasty too?

» Add a new message to this topic