FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > MASSIVE Collapse in UK economic growth ...

MASSIVE Collapse in UK economic growth ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

as the mismanagement by tory brextremists begins to bite hard

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

At 0.1% the economy has as good as stalled. Whos head should be put on a spike for this.

Is the next big financial crash and recession on the horizon..?

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

For anyone waiting on the Brexiter response:

I dont know what you're talking about. Chancellor Phillip Hammond said this was good news and he has no vested interest in burying bad economic news so we should all trust him. And despite the ONS saying the snow didnt matter much at all since online sales and energy use balanced things out, what they actually meant was it mattered a great deal.

Really this is just another example of Project Fear being complete lies. At 0.1% we are still growing which shows that remainers were completely in the wrong saying there would be an economic impact. Like the hair on top of Prince Williams head, 0.1% still counts, so he's not balding and the economy is just fine.

It's just the inevitable unfolding pretty much as predicted but good things can spring from hardship if the timing is right.

What are house prices doing over there?

south dublin

"It's just the inevitable unfolding pretty much as predicted but good things can spring from hardship if the timing is right.

What are house prices doing over there?

"

London prices have gone down 1.1% on average. The rest of the country is still growing by 4.4% but its down from 4.7%.

Ah no. I'm moving back to the UK. Should I goto Dublin instead? Got an opportunity there.

south dublin

"Ah no. I'm moving back to the UK. Should I goto Dublin instead? Got an opportunity there."

Houses arent cheap here, but Id always reccomend Dublin, wouldnt be living here if I didnt love it.

Depends on how your offers stack up and what you reckon your cost of living will be.

If a few inches of snow is enough to ruin growth we are well and truly fooked...Who knew snow could be the reason for economic collapse...

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I've read before that recessions tend to occur in 10-year cycles.

"I've read before that recessions tend to occur in 10-year cycles."

Too simplistic

Look at Japan

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Isn't Germany and the Europe also having problems and fear a recession?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-17/german-investor-confidence-extends-drop-as-trade-risks-intensify

south dublin

"Isn't Germany and the Europe also having problems and fear a recession?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-17/german-investor-confidence-extends-drop-as-trade-risks-intensify"

Its just Germany and they were in the same positiom a year ago. This is ebb and flow rather than boom and bust. Once the US sorts its trade out then the uncertainty in that area will be gone and that shoulfmd right things. After Novembers mid term elections we'll see some changes to US policy.

It doesn't matter how any other economy is doing - it's all about the UK economy. As long as we are doing well that's all that matters. Unfortunately we have gone from the top to the bottom and we need to sort it!

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

How were we doing before the referendum? We are still beating Greece though, right? Guys? Right? Greece, yeah?

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"It doesn't matter how any other economy is doing - it's all about the UK economy. As long as we are doing well that's all that matters. Unfortunately we have gone from the top to the bottom and we need to sort it! "

...of course it matters how other economies are doing. If they are poorer, they buy less of our stuff, etc. We live in a global economy, so You can’t ignore what others do.

Can we blame corbyn for this or maybe some foreigners or maybe the best from the east?

.A quick Google tells me.Year-on-year rate, the UK’s growth is now just 1.2 per cent, well below the 2.9 per cent rates seen in the US and 2.7 per cent in the eurozone in the final quarter of 2017.

The ONS says it's a long term slow down in services..

south dublin

"Can we blame corbyn for this or maybe some foreigners or maybe the best from the east?

.A quick Google tells me.Year-on-year rate, the UK’s growth is now just 1.2 per cent, well below the 2.9 per cent rates seen in the US and 2.7 per cent in the eurozone in the final quarter of 2017.

The ONS says it's a long term slow down in services.."

But at least theres no trouble on the horizon for the services industry right?

By *haverMan  over a year ago

bracknell

Why are people under the illusion that house prices always go up in my experience there like a yo-yo and at times went down even when we were in the EU and also food prices have always gone up so has electric and gas

By *nemichaelMan  over a year ago

kings lynn

The main driver for house prices is the cost of the loan. As interest rate are on the floor it fuels the increase. If rates rise house prices will take a down turn.

Cambridge

"Why are people under the illusion that house prices always go up in my experience there like a yo-yo and at times went down even when we were in the EU and also food prices have always gone up so has electric and gas "

I saw a news article about prices in California near Apple and Google, the houses are increasing at a rate of more than $500 a day

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"as the mismanagement by tory brextremists begins to bite hard"

That's funny as the experts are saying the drop in the last quarter was due to the bad weather and the snow we've had. At least remainers have finally seen the light though and are ignoring the experts opinion judging by the comments on this thread.

Cannock

"Why are people under the illusion that house prices always go up in my experience there like a yo-yo and at times went down even when we were in the EU and also food prices have always gone up so has electric and gas

I saw a news article about prices in California near Apple and Google, the houses are increasing at a rate of more than $500 a day "

So Trump is doing a good job on the American economy then. Glad to see you finally admit it.

Cambridge

"Why are people under the illusion that house prices always go up in my experience there like a yo-yo and at times went down even when we were in the EU and also food prices have always gone up so has electric and gas

I saw a news article about prices in California near Apple and Google, the houses are increasing at a rate of more than $500 a day

So Trump is doing a good job on the American economy then. Glad to see you finally admit it. "

You think the rise is more due to trump than to Apple and Google?

Cannock

"How were we doing before the referendum? We are still beating Greece though, right? Guys? Right? Greece, yeah? "

We're still in positive growth territory, even after the snow and the bad weather we've endured in the last quarter. We've also still not had this mystical recession people like you predicted.

Lol

Cambridge

"How were we doing before the referendum? We are still beating Greece though, right? Guys? Right? Greece, yeah?

We're still in positive growth territory, even after the snow and the bad weather we've endured in the last quarter. We've also still not had this mystical recession people like you predicted. "

But is Greece's economy growing faster, or slower than ours?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"as the mismanagement by tory brextremists begins to bite hard

That's funny as the experts are saying the drop in the last quarter was due to the bad weather and the snow we've had. At least remainers have finally seen the light though and are ignoring the experts opinion judging by the comments on this thread. "

You don't believe experts

They are actually saying it's a drop even with the weather effect stripped out.

That includes a fall in manufacturing and a fall in construction due to skilled staff.

Only slightly Brexit related. More to do with debt and public confidence.

Debt is the main reason that there was not a crash after the referendum. Confidence is now waning.

This will eventually lead to a recession. Not just here

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

The main thing I'm taking from this thread is that Centaur is so predictable, it's possible to parrot his own responses and he comes along and totally vindicates you.

West London

"How were we doing before the referendum? We are still beating Greece though, right? Guys? Right? Greece, yeah?

We're still in positive growth territory, even after the snow and the bad weather we've endured in the last quarter. We've also still not had this mystical recession people like you predicted. "

Has there been an unpredicted global boom Centaur?

Are we now growing far more slowly then we were. Far more slowly than everyone else?

Easy to answer. Can you answer Centaur?

West London

So Trump is doing a good job on the American economy then. Glad to see you finally admit it. "

No dear

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

That's funny as the experts are saying the drop in the last quarter was due to the bad weather and the snow we've had. At least remainers have finally seen the light though and are ignoring the experts opinion judging by the comments on this thread. "

might want to go and read the actual ONS report centy.... because it actually states that the economy was slowing down BEFORE the bad weather.... the bad weather was just the cherry on top and mainly effected retail.....

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

The ONS said quite clearly that the downturn couldnt be attributed to just the bad weather....

south dublin

0.1% growth is something to be celebrated talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Cloud cuckoo land, Staffordshire

"It doesn't matter how any other economy is doing - it's all about the UK economy. As long as we are doing well that's all that matters. Unfortunately we have gone from the top to the bottom and we need to sort it!

...of course it matters how other economies are doing. If they are poorer, they buy less of our stuff, etc. We live in a global economy, so You can’t ignore what others do."

Yes of course, but what I meant is we don't always have to be "top" the top 5 is perfectly acceptable! Having said that we don't want to be at the bottom either!

A statistic such as this makes no difference to people's lifestyle or standard of living . Short term fluctuations can simply be ignored. What matters are companies long term prospects . For employees stability of employment and for investors dividend income and capital growth. For most UK companies the future looks good .

Cambridge

"as the mismanagement by tory brextremists begins to bite hard A statistic such as this makes no difference to people's lifestyle or standard of living . Short term fluctuations can simply be ignored. What matters are companies long term prospects . For employees stability of employment and for investors dividend income and capital growth. For most UK companies the future looks good . "

Really? What has the economy done in the 22 months since the referendum? It's nose dived.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

"as the mismanagement by tory brextremists begins to bite hard A statistic such as this makes no difference to people's lifestyle or standard of living . Short term fluctuations can simply be ignored. What matters are companies long term prospects . For employees stability of employment and for investors dividend income and capital growth. For most UK companies the future looks good . "

I agree short fluctuations are meaningless and longterm trends are the key - but there is lot of uncertainty for many UK companies at present which is stalling investment - that feeds into lower productivity compared with competitors and poorer overall performance. We need to train our workforce properly, not useful pseudo-apprenticeships but proper training, and start investing in our future.

The CBI are extremely worried about 1/1/21 as they fear Liam Fox is out of his depth! The 40+ trade deals which the EU have are just going to be "copy & pasted" into new agreements as Mr Fox believes will happen. They don't think this will be the case and we will not be ready by the end of the transition as we don't have the ability or skills to negotiate 40 deals all at the same time! Time will tell.

Cambridge

"The CBI are extremely worried about 1/1/21 as they fear Liam Fox is out of his depth! The 40+ trade deals which the EU have are just going to be "copy & pasted" into new agreements as Mr Fox believes will happen. They don't think this will be the case and we will not be ready by the end of the transition as we don't have the ability or skills to negotiate 40 deals all at the same time! Time will tell. "

Which party said the government of business wasn't the business of government? No, I'm sure Dr Fox knows much more about it that business.

Did we ever truly recover fully from the last?

Lets do what many have told you to do, yet you never do.

Not all remainers bought the actual project fear the likes of Osbourne and Cameron spun.

Most of us however, do believe that there will be a decline and slowing of growth in the immediate (5-10 years) post referendum, when compared to the pre-referendum period.

And so far, these more mediocre predictions have been true.

I've 'never had it so good' thanks

"I've 'never had it so good' thanks "

Harold McMillan 1957? Had the same view only it was "we". It went downhill after that....

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

What a load of bollocks the economy is being well managed although money allocation by the government is wrong but that is a different subject

upton wirral

"I've read before that recessions tend to occur in 10-year cycles.

Did we ever truly recover fully from the last?"

upton wirral

"as the mismanagement by tory brextremists begins to bite hard A statistic such as this makes no difference to people's lifestyle or standard of living . Short term fluctuations can simply be ignored. What matters are companies long term prospects . For employees stability of employment and for investors dividend income and capital growth. For most UK companies the future looks good .

Really? What has the economy done in the 22 months since the referendum? It's nose dived. "

Things are uncertain at the moment and the economy is doing ok considering,in fact all is going well

upton wirral

So true and remainers hate this as they are being proved wrong all the time

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

oh dear ... and the economy slides even further in today's economic news

south dublin

We're still in positive growth territory, even after the snow and the bad weather we've endured in the last quarter. We've also still not had this mystical recession people like you predicted. So true and remainers hate this as they are being proved wrong all the time"

Youre at 0.1% growth. Any slight downtick means the economy starts contracting. The construction industry is already enduring a 9 month recession.

We're still in positive growth territory, even after the snow and the bad weather we've endured in the last quarter. We've also still not had this mystical recession people like you predicted. So true and remainers hate this as they are being proved wrong all the time"

would you say brexitiers have been proven right ? From one predicting thunder to the other predicting a heat wave I would say the weather has been miserable albeit no lightening ...

Cannock

"At 0.1% the economy has as good as stalled. Whos head should be put on a spike for this.

"

LOL!

So funny to read the comments on this thread from 16 to 15 weeks ago.

All the usual suspects, remoaners, predicting recession, and preaching economic doom and gloom.

And yet here we are 16 weeks later and economic growth has doubled.

The latest Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures show growth hit 0.4% in the 3 months to June, against 0.2% in the first quarter (I did say the slow down in the first quarter was attributed to the bad weather we experienced with the beast from the east, and that the economy would improve as the weather improved, looks like I've been proved correct).

Business investment has also risen in the UK yet again proving the remain scaremongers wrong.

Cannock

We're still in positive growth territory, even after the snow and the bad weather we've endured in the last quarter. We've also still not had this mystical recession people like you predicted. So true and remainers hate this as they are being proved wrong all the timewould you say brexitiers have been proven right ? From one predicting thunder to the other predicting a heat wave I would say the weather has been miserable albeit no lightening ..."

I'd say we just had a heatwave, wouldn't you?

Cannock

"as the mismanagement by tory brextremists begins to bite hard A statistic such as this makes no difference to people's lifestyle or standard of living . Short term fluctuations can simply be ignored. What matters are companies long term prospects . For employees stability of employment and for investors dividend income and capital growth. For most UK companies the future looks good .

Really? What has the economy done in the 22 months since the referendum? It's nose dived. "

No it hasn't. The economy was at 0.5% growth in the middle of 2016 when the referendum happened. If you look at the ONS figures for each quarter since the referendum then it went up from 0.5% in the middle of 2016 to 0.7% in the last quarter of 2016. That's not a nose dive it's an increase.

Quarterly figures in 2017 were pretty constant at 0.4% first quarter, 0.2% second quarter, 0.4% third quarter and 0.4% again for the last quarter. Then into 2018 it dropped to 0.2% first quarter and has doubled again 0.4% in the second quarter.

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

"At 0.1% the economy has as good as stalled. Whos head should be put on a spike for this.

LOL!

So funny to read the comments on this thread from 16 to 15 weeks ago.

All the usual suspects, remoaners, predicting recession, and preaching economic doom and gloom.

And yet here we are 16 weeks later and economic growth has doubled.

The latest Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures show growth hit 0.4% in the 3 months to June, against 0.2% in the first quarter (I did say the slow down in the first quarter was attributed to the bad weather we experienced with the beast from the east, and that the economy would improve as the weather improved, looks like I've been proved correct).

Business investment has also risen in the UK yet again proving the remain scaremongers wrong. "

??????

Derby

And the Eurozone has dropped in the second quarter to 0.3%.

When a measure seems so sensitive to things like the weather, everyone probably needs to take a longer view than a few quarters (same for both side).

Otherwise we risk thisbthread being bumped by the different sides each and every 13 weeks !!

West London

We're still in positive growth territory, even after the snow and the bad weather we've endured in the last quarter. We've also still not had this mystical recession people like you predicted. So true and remainers hate this as they are being proved wrong all the timewould you say brexitiers have been proven right ? From one predictive thunder to the other predicting a heat wave I would say the weather has been miserable albeit no lightening ...

I'd say we just had a heatwave, wouldn't you? "

You also said that the bad weather reduced GDP, so what's the conclusion about the heatwave?

Look at the expectation at B&Q after a miserable year precious to that.

Who is spending in the economy? Retail spending has been ticking along but still based on debt or running down savings.

Wage growth and inflation are running in parallel despite practically full employment. You'd expect wage inflation.

Relatively steady retail jobs are disappearing at a worrying rate.

The global economy has been booming but we haven't being seeing the same benefit as everyone else. Look at GDP growth relative to everyone else since 2015.

Investment spending includes foreigners buying property and UK businesses because of the weakness of the pound. That is not expenditure on machinery or equipment to increase productivity.

GDP includes share purchases. There has been a huge amount of money "invested" in share by backs to keep prices (and bonuses) up.

There is also a lot of investment committed before the vote which is going through regardless. HS2, Crossrail and other infrastructure.

An absence of bad news does not imply that everything in the garden is rosey. Not if everyone else has been doing better.

There is a global correction/contraction/recession coming just at the point that we are cutting ourselves off from our biggest market. We will get a deal/deals in goods and produce but not services.

A lot of this is completely independent of Brexit. Some not.

The real question is are we as a country preparing for the gathering storm or twatting about with something that is not going to do anyone any good.

Bloody hope not, my family only got back into a place of financial stability about 4 years ago.

We can't take another hit. And we are considered affluent in our area.

I've been planning recently for the inevitable property crash that's a few years away at most .The cycle of the property bubble bursting is coming around again.

The 2020s and the baby boomer sell off will be difficult times in property .

Havent I read somewhere recently that we just had a record year for exports

Something like £620 billion so some good news countries wanting our goods and services.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Havent I read somewhere recently that we just had a record year for exports

Something like £620 billion so some good news countries wanting our goods and services."

That's correct. Exports to Canada, India and China were all up by double digit figures.

West London

"I've read before that recessions tend to occur in 10-year cycles.

Bloody hope not, my family only got back into a place of financial stability about 4 years ago.

We can't take another hit. And we are considered affluent in our area."

This is the longest bull market run in history...

upton wirral

Pathetic there are many factors not connected to Brexit,oh yes you do not mention are growth is still the highest in the EU this year at present.

We have the lowest unemployment in the EU.

Funny how you only mention a little bit of something and twist it

upton wirral

Something like £620 billion so some good news countries wanting our goods and services."

Cambridge

Something like £620 billion so some good news countries wanting our goods and services. "

Unless you're in a recession (or recovering from one), every year is going to be a record year

Some people have more chance of grasping rocking horse shit than grasping economics.

By *od_AlmightyMan  over a year ago

Heaven

now it's just huge decline in productivity and contraction in the manufacturing sector. what next? wage stagnation anyone?

Derby

Something like £620 billion so some good news countries wanting our goods and services.

Unless you're in a recession (or recovering from one), every year is going to be a record year

Some people have more chance of grasping rocking horse shit than grasping economics."

So when a country is not in recession, their exports increase every year?

And you're stating that as an economic fact?

Grantham

"now it's just huge decline in productivity and contraction in the manufacturing sector. what next? wage stagnation anyone?"

The manufacturing sector continues to grow year on year.

Wage growth is steady at around 2.3%.

Cannock

"now it's just huge decline in productivity and contraction in the manufacturing sector. what next? wage stagnation anyone?

The manufacturing sector continues to grow year on year.

Wage growth is steady at around 2.3%."

Productivity also saw a big boost last year.

Some people have more chance of grasping rocking horse shit than grasping economics."

Ok genius explain economics to us lesser mortals.

So this isn't a good thing then, is that what you are saying

Cambridge

Some people have more chance of grasping rocking horse shit than grasping economics.

So this isn't a good thing then, is that what you are saying"

No, I didn't say it was a bad thing.

Derby

"

You did, however, say that unlessa country us in recession, then exports will go up every year.

Simply not true.

Cambridge

You did, however, say that unlessa country us in recession, then exports will go up every year.

Simply not true.

"

UK exports have been consistently increasing since 1992

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

my bizz doing great so not all doom and gloom in my house....self self self but work hard ...lesson there somewhere...cant wait for the eu thing to be sorted so we can all moan/blame something else x

Yes, brexit will make the economy even worse lol.

By *od_AlmightyMan  over a year ago

Heaven

"The manufacturing sector continues to grow year on year."

absolutely incorrect .... it is officially in recession after two quarters of negative growth.

"Wage growth is steady at around 2.3%."

wages are also currently experiencing negative growth.

Derby

Simply not true.

UK exports have been consistently increasing since 1992 "

From economics help website.

"Economic growth doesn’t necessarily lead to an increase in exports, although it often does...

Does an Increase in Economic Growth Cause increased Exports?

Economic growth could increase exports...it is also possible Economic Growth could harm exports. This is because high growth could cause inflationary pressures making UK exports less competitive. Also, higher growth may lead to higher interest rates. Higher interest rates could cause an appreciation in the exchange rate which makes exports less competitive....

Conclusion

There is not a perfect correlation between economic growth and exports. It also depends on the country. Some countries have exports as a major contributory factor in causing growth. Some countries like Japan have strong exports but low rates of growth. Other countries in the past like the UK have had strong growth, with pretty poor exports. Growth has been demand led, resulting in current account deficits."

UK exports year on year decreased 2006 to 2007, 2011 to 2012, and 2013 to 2014 - all in years of economic growth.

You must have tonnes of rocking horse shit, because you can't grasp economics.

Grantham

"The manufacturing sector continues to grow year on year.

absolutely incorrect .... it is officially in recession after two quarters of negative growth.

Wage growth is steady at around 2.3%.

wages are also currently experiencing negative growth.

"

Manufacturing increased 1.5% from June 2017 to June 2018. That's what's called a "year on year" growth.

Wages growth was +2.4% in June, slightly down from +2.5% in May. The plus sign means it's still in positive territory.

Figures are easily obtainable from the ONS website.

Cambridge

Simply not true.

"Economic growth doesn’t necessarily lead to an increase in exports, although it often does...

Economic growth could increase exports...it is also possible Economic Growth could harm exports. This is because high growth could cause inflationary pressures making UK exports less competitive. Also, higher growth may lead to higher interest rates. Higher interest rates could cause an appreciation in the exchange rate which makes exports less competitive....

Conclusion

There is not a perfect correlation between economic growth and exports. It also depends on the country. Some countries have exports as a major contributory factor in causing growth. Some countries like Japan have strong exports but low rates of growth. Other countries in the past like the UK have had strong growth, with pretty poor exports. Growth has been demand led, resulting in current account deficits."

UK exports year on year decreased 2006 to 2007, 2011 to 2012, and 2013 to 2014 - all in years of economic growth.

"

How many years in the last 10 have been "record years" for exports?

Derby

Simply not true.

Conclusion

How many years in the last 10 have been "record years" for exports? "

Every year according to you, because 'exports only go up if a country is not in recession'.

You obviously don't understand that exports are affected by things such as interest rates, currency exchange, inflation, external countries' growth, etc, etc. It's called economics 101.

And so, because you've been proven wrong (yet again), you try to change the narrative...

You make a pathetic argument without any data, analysis or knowledge to support it....

Meanwhile the pile of rocking horse shit you've accumulated continues to grow.

Level 6 or 7 educated? More like year 6 or 7.

Cambridge

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Every year according to you, because 'exports only go up if a country is not in recession'.

You obviously don't understand that exports are affected by things such as interest rates, currency exchange, inflation, external countries' growth, etc, etc. It's called economics 101.

And so, because you've been proven wrong (yet again), you try to change the narrative...

You make a pathetic argument without any data, analysis or knowledge to support it....

Level 6 or 7 educated? More like year 6 or 7."

So if as you say, ever year was a record year for exports, its hardly surprising or worth commenting on then is it?

Derby

Simply not true.

Conclusion

So if as you say, ever year was a record year for exports, its hardly surprising or worth commenting on then is it? "

Where have I said every year is a record year for exports?! I've said the opposite!

You said unless a country is in recession, exports will go up every year, and therefore every year will be a record year for exports. I proved you wrong.

All that rocking horse shit you're collecting is getting inside your brain.

Cambridge

Simply not true.

Conclusion

So if as you say, ever year was a record year for exports, its hardly surprising or worth commenting on then is it?

Where have I said every year is a record year for exports?! I've said the opposite!

You said unless a country is in recession, exports will go up every year, and therefore every year will be a record year for exports. I proved you wrong.

All that rocking horse shit you're collecting is getting inside your brain."

Oh, so you're saying no years in the last 10 have been record years, and that Hot Couple NW are wrong then?

Grantham

If you look at a graph for UK exports over the last 10 years, there is a definite upwards trend.

Derby

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Oh, so you're saying no years in the last 10 have been record years, and that Hot Couple NW are wrong then? "

And where have I said that either?

I proved to you that what you said about 'every year that we're not in recession we have record levels of exports' is, quite frankly, wrong. I even gave you some of the years. I also gave you support of that by the 'economics help' website. I even gave you a very basic 101 in economics, proving that an increase in gdp does not necessarily mean an increase in exports, that other factors are also involved with increasing exports.

And now you're resorting to lying about what I have and haven't said.

Pathetic.

And rather disappointing from someone who is supposedly level 6 or 7 educated.

Cambridge

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Oh, so you're saying no years in the last 10 have been record years, and that Hot Couple NW are wrong then?

I proved to you that what you said about 'every year that we're not in recession we have record levels of exports' is, quite frankly, wrong. I even gave you some of the years. I also gave you support of that by the 'economics help' website. I even gave you a very basic 101 in economics, proving that an increase in gdp does not necessarily mean an increase in exports, that other factors are also involved with increasing exports.

Pathetic.

"

So how many years out of the last 10 have been record levels?

Cambridge

"If you look at a graph for UK exports over the last 10 years, there is a definite upwards trend.

"

It's an upward trend since 1992

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

Our economy is boom8ng once again and unemployment at record lows but wages are depressed while cost of living continue to rise.

From our point of view here there is still better money to be earned in the UK and plenty of guys commuting back and forth twice a month

Derby

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Pathetic.

So how many years out of the last 10 have been record levels? "

Do we have growth in exports every year we are not in recession?

Cambridge

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Pathetic.

Do we have growth in exports every year we are not in recession?"

So you can't tell us how many record years there have been in the last 10 years then.

Derby

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Pathetic.

So you can't tell us how many record years there have been in the last 10 years then. "

So you admit you were lying and you know fuck all about basic economics then.

Derby

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Pathetic.

So you can't tell us how many record years there have been in the last 10 years then.

So you admit you were lying and you know fuck all about basic economics then."

And to answer your question....8 years of positive growth, 5 years of record exports...1 year if which was when we had negative growth.

Puts your economic expertise in amongst the rocking horse shit you've been gathering.

Cambridge

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Pathetic.

And to answer your question....8 years of positive growth, 5 years of record exports...1 year if which was when we had negative growth.

Puts your economic expertise in amongst the rocking horse shit you've been gathering."

So year after year of record figures then

Derby

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Pathetic.

Puts your economic expertise in amongst the rocking horse shit you've been gathering.

So year after year of record figures then "

How is 4 out of 8 every year?

Not very good at basic economics, poor at basic English comprehension, shocking at basic maths. Did you buy your degree?

Cambridge

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Pathetic.

Not very good at basic economics, poor at basic English comprehension, shocking at basic maths. Did you buy your degree?"

Check out Trading Economics .com and look at the historical data going back to 1956, you will see record year after record year, after record year. But I know how you wouldn't let a little thing like data get in the way of you arguing with me. Even the person who made the original statement hasn't bothered to chime in after realising how daft they made themselves look, but you chose to jump on it like a dog with a bone.

Derby

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Pathetic.

Not very good at basic economics, poor at basic English comprehension, shocking at basic maths. Did you buy your degree?

Check out Trading Economics .com and look at the historical data going back to 1956, you will see record year after record year, after record year. But I know how you wouldn't let a little thing like data get in the way of you arguing with me. Even the person who made the original statement hasn't bothered to chime in after realising how daft they made themselves look, but you chose to jump on it like a dog with a bone. "

Why didn't you use UK government data (from the BoE and the ONS), or data from the OECD, like I did?

Is it beyond your thought processes to use UK government data to check facts on the UK economy? Or to check the OECD detail?

I mean, why would you let a little thing like UK Government economic data get in the way when when arguing about the UK economy.

Simply not true.

Conclusion

Pathetic.

Check out Trading Economics .com and look at the historical data going back to 1956, you will see record year after record year, after record year. But I know how you wouldn't let a little thing like data get in the way of you arguing with me. Even the person who made the original statement hasn't bothered to chime in after realising how daft they made themselves look, but you chose to jump on it like a dog with a bone. "

If you mean me,all I did was point out the UK government had produced a statement saying we had record imports.

Not too sure how that makes me look daft.

Surely something like that amongst all the doom and gloom is a little bit of a boost both for the economy and the drama of Brexit.

But you choose to try and turn it into a negative.

Do carry on with the data crunching and point scoring

» Add a new message to this topic