FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Korea ?

Korea ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering why thier us no thread on this ?

Could it be that Trump may have done something right and people don't want to admit it ?

Surely not ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Just wondering why thier us no thread on this ?

Could it be that Trump may have done something right and people don't want to admit it ?

Surely not ??"

Trump?

What has it got to do with him?

I think the credit here goes to China and S Korea. In case you forgot, Kim Jung repeatedly stuck two fingers up at Trump, but then within a few weeks of his ground breaking trip to China he visits the South and together the two leaders of Korea announced the end of the Korean war.

South Korea and China used exceptional diplomacy skills to get Kim to act in the way that he did.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

Well this has been N. Koreas long term strategy for a long,long time. N. Korea doesnt want nuclear weapons for protection or because they're going to launch an offensive against anyone. No ones going to attack them unprovoked and they'd get wiped out even if they get the first shot in.

The nuclear program and the technology to attack the states has been an investment in their negotiation position. Theres little more they can do now to improve their negotiation position without crossing a line, so now their ready to negotiate.

What else did anyone expect from this process? N. Korea has always made deals in the past to curb their aggression and now theyve got their most valuable negotiating chip of course theyre going to cash in.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Surely not ??

Trump?

What has it got to do with him?

I think the credit here goes to China and S Korea. In case you forgot, Kim Jung repeatedly stuck two fingers up at Trump, but then within a few weeks of his ground breaking trip to China he visits the South and together the two leaders of Korea announced the end of the Korean war.

South Korea and China used exceptional diplomacy skills to get Kim to act in the way that he did. "

Trump hasn't even visited him yet. I don't know how a Twitter war created peace. I read it was both South Korea and pressure from China which enabled this.

Although I read this on the BBC site.

"So why is the South giving credit to Trump?

South Korea is acting strategically, says Dr Grzelczyk, to bring the Americans around to a place of dialogue "because both Koreas have at some point, been perplexed and concerned by American policy"."

Yes trump brought peace to the peninsula and the north is no longer the biggest prison on the planet...True story.

I do hope the world has moved on an North Korea are genuine about peace.

As there have been similar talks before I am not confident it is.

In five years time if things have changed then I will post again my congratulations to all concerned with the peace process.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Surely not ??"

You need to actually look at how trump acted, he gobbed off like some school yard numpty when dealing with a less than stable dictator..

Others as said have facilitated this set of talks and none of it is down to trump who has been bypassed by China and the South..

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Trump may well be responsible for this, but not in the way he'd like to think.

In the past century, hardly a year has passed when the US military hasn't been attacking a country or a government, covertly or overtly.

The only countries they don't attack are those with nuclear weapons.

North Korea saw what happened with Gaddaffi and Libya.

He was persuaded to give up the bomb and within a few years was attacked and killed by the western powers.

For a dictatorship like NK, the bomb makes perfect sense as a deterrent and assurance of its own survival.

Our media here present NK as some kind of direct threat to UK, which always strikes me as ridiculous.

Trump's ridiculous rants on twitter about Kim no doubt alarmed China in particular.

It may be no greater admirer of Kim, but it would prefer a stable NK to one on the receiving end of US aggression. The last thing it wants is 10s of millions of refugees flooding into China.

I'm sure the South Koreans would rather resolve this themselves, without the "help" of Trump, especially when he appears unhinged most of the time.

So his rants may have accelerated a process.

I hope the US has the sense and decency to allow things to take a natural course, and step back, but I am not holding my breath.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Surely not ??"

Trump has had a direct influence on these events. Trump took over from a piss poor state of affairs in North Korea relations left over by Obama and previous American administrations. Trump and his hand picked administration put the direct pressure that was needed on Kim Jong Un and North Korea, which has had the desired effect of bringing him to the negotiating table. Same with China, as Trump put pressure on Xi Jingping during his personal 1 to 1 meetings with him and China then applied the pressure to North Korea. Donald Trump deserves a huge amount of credit for the historic events we've seen unfolding at the Korean border today where Kim Jong Un met Moon Jae-in.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

It has just emerged that the nuclear test site that Trump is taking credit for getting Kim to shut down has not been shut down because of Trump. It has been shut down because the site has collapsed as a result of earthquakes triggered by the last underground test. Kim must be pissing himself laughing at Trump!

So much for his deal-making skills!

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

"It has just emerged that the nuclear test site that Trump is taking credit for getting Kim to shut down has not been shut down because of Trump. It has been shut down because the site has collapsed as a result of earthquakes triggered by the last underground test. Kim must be pissing himself laughing at Trump!

So much for his deal-making skills!

"

No, no. You see he tweeted and made up a nickname for him. Thats what made things happen. Not to mention the fact that he asked China to pressure N. Korea and they did even though the donald launched a trade war against China. Because thats how things work, when you launch a trade war against someone they start doing what you want and then the trade war keeps on going. Quid pro quo is a leftist conspiracy.

And its also important to completely overlook the fact that this has been North Koreas end game for years and years. Get themselves to the brink of what they can do without major reprisal and then negotiate from the strongest position possible.

Its also key to ignore that Obama suggested this strategy only to have severe blowback from Republicans to the point that he had to abandon it because the Republicans threatened his entire agenda.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Surely not ??"

You could be right on this one,it says a lot about many of the posters here

Surely not ??You could be right on this one,it says a lot about many of the posters here"

I think Trump did have an influence - but the brinkmanship was way too high risk. However, I do think that North Korean nuclear program has resulted in their test site becoming unstable to the point of a partial collapse and a leak of radiation has rendered the site defunct. This is the real reason but yes trump had a hand in it.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Surely not ??You could be right on this one,it says a lot about many of the posters here

I think Trump did have an influence - but the brinkmanship was way too high risk. However, I do think that North Korean nuclear program has resulted in their test site becoming unstable to the point of a partial collapse and a leak of radiation has rendered the site defunct. This is the real reason but yes trump had a hand in it."

Blimy! How did you find that out!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Surely not ??You could be right on this one,it says a lot about many of the posters here

I think Trump did have an influence - but the brinkmanship was way too high risk. However, I do think that North Korean nuclear program has resulted in their test site becoming unstable to the point of a partial collapse and a leak of radiation has rendered the site defunct. This is the real reason but yes trump had a hand in it.

Blimy! How did you find that out! "

It's obvious when you look at Kim's hair..

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

go big don ya da man ...but no one will tell you how well your doing ....x

I think if Trump cured Cancer as Piers Morgan Said on this Morning ,

The majority of people here still wouldn't give him credit !

I'm not saying I agree with him on everything or even like him !

But I do try to Judge people and Events Fairly !

moston

"I think if Trump cured Cancer as Piers Morgan Said on this Morning ,

The majority of people here still wouldn't give him credit !

I'm not saying I agree with him on everything or even like him !

But I do try to Judge people and Events Fairly !"

I will happily give him credit for what he does. The problem is he claims credit for everything but does little or nothing (unless throwing paper towels to disaster survivors on TV or being caught out continually lying counts as achievements).

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Oh and in 8 years or so what did the great Obama achieve ...nowt ....the Don gets no credit at all ...

I foresee a Nobel peace prize coming

And a second term

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

So the Summit is now off. All that hard work by the Chinese and South Koreans and Team Trump can’t gkeep their size 10’s out of their stupid mouths.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Size 10s don’t do it justice.

Pompeo telling the media how he has ships ready to remove all the plant and materials.

Bolton telling the media he wants a repeat of Libya (the one where the west persuades a dictator to give up n-weapons, then sends in the bombers to help assassinate the said dictator).

Dictators will do whatever it takes to stay in power. Libya sent a powerful message to Iran,NK and others - develop a bomb and the US doesn’t attack you; get rid of it and the US will attack you.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

What a fucktard.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so the nobel is on hold then......

the timing is interesting that it was hours after the north koreans have "blown up" their nuclear test facility.....

i do wonder if there will be some "long range" ballistics test flying over japan in the next couple of days now....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So the Summit is now off. All that hard work by the Chinese and South Koreans and Team Trump can’t gkeep their size 10’s out of their stupid mouths."

boulton started this by mentioning the libya model... then pence compounded it

then the north koreans insult boulton and pence and raise the ante by mentioning nuclear war....

this was never going to happen under those circumstances.....

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Jesus, his letter reads like a Dick measuring contest.

moston

It's fantastic!

The welsher in chief who claims to be the best deal maker ever has welshed on a deal before he has even made it...

So now we know it is not just his predecessors international deals he is welshing on. LoL!

But what else should we expect from him? After all his whole history is that he is untrustworthy in thought, word or deed.

well that thread went well .... maybe next time the alt-reich attempt to vindicate what the loofah faced shitgibbon potus has achieved, they'll wait for him to actually achieve something first, before they start blowing the trumpets ... talk about going off like one o'clock half struck

"well that thread went well .... maybe next time the alt-reich attempt to vindicate what the loofah faced shitgibbon potus has achieved, they'll wait for him to actually achieve something first, before they start blowing the trumpets ... talk about going off like one o'clock half struck "
I Started the thread !

And I can assure you I'm NO Alt Riech !!!

"well that thread went well .... maybe next time the alt-reich attempt to vindicate what the loofah faced shitgibbon potus has achieved, they'll wait for him to actually achieve something first, before they start blowing the trumpets ... talk about going off like one o'clock half struck

I Started the thread !

And I can assure you I'm NO Alt Riech !!!"

yeah yeah

benny netanyahu is shitting his pants now that he finally realises that the bloke who is supposed to have his back is a cretinous incompetent fucknugget who couldn't deliver a letter, let alone world peace ... instead of a nobel prize the moron would be better suited to being given a scholarship to a remedial school for 5 year olds with learning difficulties

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

N Korea has been driving this forward, by being provocative etc, in order to gain whatever its ultimate goals are. Obviously their leader wants self-aggrandisement and probably easier access to resources outside of his country.

Trump's added his bit, he's a bit of the flipside of Kim Jong-un: he'll take the narcissistic benefits too and happily take over resources, if they're there for the taking. Drama Queen.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"It's fantastic!

The welsher in chief who claims to be the best deal maker ever has welshed on a deal before he has even made it...

So now we know it is not just his predecessors international deals he is welshing on. LoL!

But what else should we expect from him? After all his whole history is that he is untrustworthy in thought, word or deed."

Now who is jumping the gun? Lol!

Seems the Trump haters couldn't wait to get on their high horses as several posters on this thread seem to have done, only for Trump to say the meeting is now back on again.

"well that thread went well .... maybe next time the alt-reich attempt to vindicate what the loofah faced shitgibbon potus has achieved, they'll wait for him to actually achieve something first, before they start blowing the trumpets ... talk about going off like one o'clock half struck

I Started the thread !

And I can assure you I'm NO Alt Riech !!!

yeah yeah"

Not Yeah Yeah !

Why do you asume all right wingers are Nazis ?

" Not Yeah Yeah !

Why do you asume all right wingers are Nazis ?"

i don't ... just the ones who spout ring wing nazi alt reich racist shit

Newcastle and Gateshead

can you imagine how pissed off trump will be when it ends up being the south korean president who gets the nobel prize.......

"can you imagine how pissed off trump will be when it ends up being the south korean president who gets the nobel prize....... "

or kim

Newcastle and Gateshead

you know if someone mentions trump for the nobel prize then someone is going to bring up charlottesvile and his comments.....

"you know if someone mentions trump for the nobel prize then someone is going to bring up charlottesvile and his comments....."

and the lack of condemnation by the gammon

" Not Yeah Yeah !

i don't ... just the ones who spout ring wing nazi alt reich racist shit "

Tell me when I have ?

Love to know ?

" Not Yeah Yeah !

i don't ... just the ones who spout ring wing nazi alt reich racist shit

Tell me when I have ?

Love to know ?

"

when did i say you have?

love to know?

» Add a new message to this topic