FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Airbus statement on Brexit

Airbus statement on Brexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

*** In its Brexit "risk assessment" published on Thursday, Airbus said if the UK left the EU next year without a deal - meaning it left both the single market and customs union immediately and without any agreed transition - it would "lead to severe disruption and interruption of UK production".

"This scenario would force Airbus to reconsider its investments in the UK, and its long-term footprint in the country,"

Airbus employs 14,000 people in multiple locations the U.K. Put simply, a no-deal scenario directly threatens Airbus' future in the UK."

The European planemaker said the warning was not part of "project fear, but its "dawning reality".

Reported in multiple outlets and posted here just to remind those on here who really think that there ever was a walking away / no deal option.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

OP, anyone who works for Airbus has to be a remoaner and they can fuck off with their jobs to the EU. We will have the power of brexit!

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Just getting in there before Centy and his mates...

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Think the same will happen with Nissan and Toyota. If it was your job on the line you would have something different to say about the matter.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"*** In its Brexit "risk assessment" published on Thursday, Airbus said if the UK left the EU next year without a deal - meaning it left both the single market and customs union immediately and without any agreed transition - it would "lead to severe disruption and interruption of UK production".

"This scenario would force Airbus to reconsider its investments in the UK, and its long-term footprint in the country,"

Airbus employs 14,000 people in multiple locations the U.K. Put simply, a no-deal scenario directly threatens Airbus' future in the UK."

The European planemaker said the warning was not part of "project fear, but its "dawning reality".

Reported in multiple outlets and posted here just to remind those on here who really think that there ever was a walking away / no deal option.

"

the reality is its,all codswallop .like so many of the pathetic doom mongers .

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Think the same will happen with Nissan and Toyota. If it was your job on the line you would have something different to say about the matter. "
only a fool would invest so much money In this country then walk away .people need to wake up to this rubbish

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bastard remoaners always looking for bad news.Fuck off to the EU if you love them so much and take all the foreigners with you

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Think the same will happen with Nissan and Toyota. If it was your job on the line you would have something different to say about the matter. "

I'm not sure. Much depends on where the company is registered, for example, Airbus is a European company. Whereas as Boeing operates in the UK under various Boeing subsidiaries registered in the UK as limited companies.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

How come bobbangs you have got tuscany as we're you are. If you don't like the EU.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

PLCs have a duty to advise shareholders of risks to their investments.

It’s the season of annual reports, so expect a lot more of these risk assessments to appear.

These are not political statements but hard, cold analysis of future trading prospects.

Any business trading across UK/EU borders will be doing the same, given that no-one knows if things will be the same 12 months from now or completely different.

It is an inevitable consequence of the disruption caused by Brexit. Business as usual it is not.

So loosing jobs is fine. The counrty does not need skilled profitable busnesses. Who pay tax and keep the country going.

We will have our island woop woop!

North West

"*** In its Brexit "risk assessment" published on Thursday, Airbus said if the UK left the EU next year without a deal - meaning it left both the single market and customs union immediately and without any agreed transition - it would "lead to severe disruption and interruption of UK production".

the reality is its,all codswallop .like so many of the pathetic doom mongers ."

OK then. Please try to refute it with reasoned argument instead of doing the Brexit stereotype of saying it is rubbish but not have the ability to say why it is rubbish.

There were multiple discussions on here (and elsewhere) last week about the state of readiness of the CAA to take over EASA functions and for the CAA to be in a position to agree an airspace and airworthiness treaty with EASA. The CAA is not yet at the starting line and indeed they only advertised this week for a person to head up the Brexit aerospace transition - ie the person around whom the Brexit aviation department at the CAA will be created.

The issue is very, very simple. Aviation functions because of insurance. Without insurance, aviation is grounded and insurance can only be put in place around a solid legal framework. Without any kind of deal with EASA all aircraft parts that are constructed in the UK would no longer be Type Approved (if that is the current jargon - it used to be) because the authority to produced the parts would not be legally defined.

In a nutshell then - the UK "walks away" and UK aviation becomes grounded until such time as airworthiness and airspace treaties are negotiated. Of course this is not going to happen because the UK was never going to walk away and won't walk away as the cost to the UK would be too great across multiple industies - not just aviation.

The EU Negotiators must have pissed their pants laughing at May's infamous line - "No deal is better than a bad deal." It is as relevant as the scene in Blazing Saddles where the Sheriff holds the gun to his own head.

North West

"How come bobbangs you have got tuscany as we're you are. If you don't like the EU. "

He is being ironic - trotting out the usual Brexiter bullshit before they get the chance to.

"How come bobbangs you have got tuscany as we're you are. If you don't like the EU. "

LOL come on now...I am taking the piss out the right wingers .Its the new British dream to see a remoaner leave with an immigrant under his arm..

Bristol East

Indeed. The Little Englanders may become even more xenophobic when they realise how much of industry in Britain is owned by foreign capital.

But we’ll all have blue passports, eh?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"How come bobbangs you have got tuscany as we're you are. If you don't like the EU.

LOL come on now...I am taking the piss out the right wingers .Its the new British dream to see a remoaner leave with an immigrant under his arm.. "

Its not just right wingers who want brexit.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Funny how all the doom and gloom merchants have gone ....inc the fat boy Cameron.....oh yes we dont seem to be doing to bad ....as for the bank of England's forecasts at the start ....bloody hell piss up brewery spring to mind .....xxx

North West

"Funny how all the doom and gloom merchants have gone ....inc the fat boy Cameron.....oh yes we dont seem to be doing to bad ....as for the bank of England's forecasts at the start ....bloody hell piss up brewery spring to mind .....xxx"

Why not comment on the Airbus statement?

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Funny how all the doom and gloom merchants have gone ....inc the fat boy Cameron.....oh yes we dont seem to be doing to bad ....as for the bank of England's forecasts at the start ....bloody hell piss up brewery spring to mind .....xxx"

Who has gone? Govenor of the bank of England is still there, IFS, NATO GCHQ/MI5/MI6 all still there.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Think the same will happen with Nissan and Toyota. If it was your job on the line you would have something different to say about the matter. only a fool would invest so much money In this country then walk away .people need to wake up to this rubbish "

Ah like your analogy

Only a fool would invest SOOOOOOOOO much time , money and integration in the Eu and then walk away !

Thing is we are consistently told by many die hard exit voters that no deal is better than a bad deal yet here is more evidenced of how damaging no deal could be , and my personal opinion is airbus would be the tip of iceberg relative to the true disruption no deal will bring

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

The one thing Nissan in Sunderland has going for it is they now primarily build jukes and quashais... which sell well in UK markets, the European versions may end up being moved and whether it would be viable to move other UK production there is an interesting question...

I would fear for Honda in Swindon more than Nissan in Sunderland

By *urve BallWoman  over a year ago

North London

Btw, very eye-opening piece on GMB this morning. 53% would now vote to remain but what was more revealing was the fact that very few knew *what* the single market and the customs union is. If you can find a clip and watch it, you'll be surprised by the various results on the questions posed.

As for Airbus, maybe they'll leave, maybe they won't. I don't care how hard core a brexiteer you are, denying that the current situation is worrying and not admitting that the way Brexit is going (and has been going, since the vote) is less than promising, is undeniably blinkered.

On a side note, the Indian High commisioner to the UK said yesterday that they "are looking forward to trade with the UK and freeer movement of people". When asked whether the UK will get special treatment, because of the historical ties, than the EU he said "the EU28 are our biggest trading partner but of course we want to maintain a good relationship with the uk too". He said a few things about Tata as well. Interesting clip if you can find it. It was on "All out politics" yesterday.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Nissan plant is in Sunderland, and Sunderland voted by majority to leave. Toyota Plant is in Derby and a majority voted for Leave in Derby.

Cannock

Yet again I think this airbus story highlights how Remainers are unable to put things in to context. Take an overall look at total job numbers in the UK and while remain said 500,000 jobs would be lost the opposite has happened and an additional 600,000 jobs have been added to the UK economy. Jobs may be lost at some places but other companies are creating new jobs, for instance Amazon announced a couple of weeks ago it is creating around 2500 new jobs in the UK so far in 2018. Funny how remainers never posted a thread about jobs being created by Amazon though.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

They won't go it's all posturing...if they do no worries plenty of jobs out there.....bike time xxx

"Yet again I think this airbus story highlights how Remainers are unable to put things in to context. Take an overall look at total job numbers in the UK and while remain said 500,000 jobs would be lost the opposite has happened and an additional 600,000 jobs have been added to the UK economy. Jobs may be lost at some places but other companies are creating new jobs, for instance Amazon announced a couple of weeks ago it is creating around 2500 new jobs in the UK so far in 2018. Funny how remainers never posted a thread about jobs being created by Amazon though. "

I think the challenge is pointing to job creation BECAUSE of brexit. I’m not disagreeing there are some. It’s just harder. Same way it’s difficult to say where growth would or wouldn’t have happened regardless of the vote.

Imo as much as it’s fun to analyse numbers presented by both sides ... any true effect will be in the long term and most “indicators” in the short term is just noise, or as a result of business decisions made years ago trickling through.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Last month, Airbus lost its subsidy case at the WTO. This was brought by Boeing, which the WTO sided with.

Loans and subsidises paid to Airbus by the EU and various Goverments were ruled illegal and Airbus was ordered to conform to legal procedures.

Sales of the A380 have been poor, and loss of subsidy will make these unattractive planes even more expensive. Made in three EU countries, it's logical that costs will be more than an aircraft built at a single site. It's no surprise that Airbus has sub-contracted work to Xian Aerospace in China.

I just hope that Airbus isn't using Brexit as a convenience for cost cutting and job losses.

And as a footnote, action against Boeing brought by Airbus still has to be heard at the WTO.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"So loosing jobs is fine. The counrty does not need skilled profitable busnesses. Who pay tax and keep the country going.

We will have our island woop woop!"

But those highly skilled and educated engineers can get jobs picking strawberries, so all is good.

-Matt

Bristol East

"Yet again I think this airbus story highlights how Remainers are unable to put things in to context. Take an overall look at total job numbers in the UK and while remain said 500,000 jobs would be lost the opposite has happened and an additional 600,000 jobs have been added to the UK economy. Jobs may be lost at some places but other companies are creating new jobs, for instance Amazon announced a couple of weeks ago it is creating around 2500 new jobs in the UK so far in 2018. Funny how remainers never posted a thread about jobs being created by Amazon though. "

Have you subtracted the jobs lost on the High Street as a result of Amazon’s growth?

And can you remind me how much Amazon pays in corporation tax?

If Amazon is the best example of a Brexit Britain then I can’t wait until we actually sever all links with the outside world.

Cannock

"Yet again I think this airbus story highlights how Remainers are unable to put things in to context. Take an overall look at total job numbers in the UK and while remain said 500,000 jobs would be lost the opposite has happened and an additional 600,000 jobs have been added to the UK economy. Jobs may be lost at some places but other companies are creating new jobs, for instance Amazon announced a couple of weeks ago it is creating around 2500 new jobs in the UK so far in 2018. Funny how remainers never posted a thread about jobs being created by Amazon though.

Have you subtracted the jobs lost on the High Street as a result of Amazon’s growth?

If Amazon is the best example of a Brexit Britain then I can’t wait until we actually sever all links with the outside world.

"

Amazon was just a recent example of a company that created more jobs from the top of my head. As I said if you look at the overall jobs figures in the UK as a whole more jobs have been created than lost since the vote to Leave in 2016.

Cannock

"Yet again I think this airbus story highlights how Remainers are unable to put things in to context. Take an overall look at total job numbers in the UK and while remain said 500,000 jobs would be lost the opposite has happened and an additional 600,000 jobs have been added to the UK economy. Jobs may be lost at some places but other companies are creating new jobs, for instance Amazon announced a couple of weeks ago it is creating around 2500 new jobs in the UK so far in 2018. Funny how remainers never posted a thread about jobs being created by Amazon though.

Amazon was just a recent example of a company that created more jobs from the top of my head. As I said if you look at the overall jobs figures in the UK as a whole more jobs have been created than lost since the vote to Leave in 2016. "

Plus the EU is not the 'outside world' as you would like to have everyone think. The EU is a small part of the outside world. There is a big wide world out there beyond the borders of the EU.

Amazon wasn’t probably a great example for all kinds of reason

I think it’s fair to say brexit hasn’t put a dampener on the overall job creation trend we have seen since 2011. As I said, it’s a fools errand to say whether this is BECAUSE of, DESPITE of, or is INDEPENDANT of the brexit vote, who really knows. Be interesting to see if anyone has come out and said they are recruiting to take advantage of brexit ...

"Amazon wasn’t probably a great example for all kinds of reason

I think it’s fair to say brexit hasn’t put a dampener on the overall job creation trend we have seen since 2011. As I said, it’s a fools errand to say whether this is BECAUSE of, DESPITE of, or is INDEPENDANT of the brexit vote, who really knows. Be interesting to see if anyone has come out and said they are recruiting to take advantage of brexit ..."

Not in so many words but there are plenty recruiting to keep up with demand for exports due to the weaker pound due to Brexit

I think it’s fair to say brexit hasn’t put a dampener on the overall job creation trend we have seen since 2011. As I said, it’s a fools errand to say whether this is BECAUSE of, DESPITE of, or is INDEPENDANT of the brexit vote, who really knows. Be interesting to see if anyone has come out and said they are recruiting to take advantage of brexit ...

Not in so many words but there are plenty recruiting to keep up with demand for exports due to the weaker pound due to Brexit "

thats a fair shout.

North West

"

Not in so many words but there are plenty recruiting to keep up with demand for exports due to the weaker pound due to Brexit "

Really?.... Facts are such a bitch aren't they?

ONS - may 2018...

"Exports of goods and services from the UK dropped 3.2 percent to GBP 49.99 billion in April 2018 from GBP 51.64 billion in the previous month, due to lower sales of goods (-5.9 percent), mainly manufactured goods."

"The UK's trade deficit widened by GBP 2.1 billion to GBP 5.28 billion in April 2018 from an upwardly revised GBP 3.22 billion in the previous month and above market expectations of a GBP 2.5 billion gap. It was the largest trade deficit since September 2016, due to a sharp drop in exports. Balance of Trade in the United Kingdom averaged -1464.38 GBP Million from 1955 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 2946 GBP Million in March of 1981 and a record low of -6225 GBP Million in September of 2016."

"

Not in so many words but there are plenty recruiting to keep up with demand for exports due to the weaker pound due to Brexit

Really?.... Facts are such a bitch aren't they?

ONS - may 2018...

"Exports of goods and services from the UK dropped 3.2 percent to GBP 49.99 billion in April 2018 from GBP 51.64 billion in the previous month, due to lower sales of goods (-5.9 percent), mainly manufactured goods."

"The UK's trade deficit widened by GBP 2.1 billion to GBP 5.28 billion in April 2018 from an upwardly revised GBP 3.22 billion in the previous month and above market expectations of a GBP 2.5 billion gap. It was the largest trade deficit since September 2016, due to a sharp drop in exports. Balance of Trade in the United Kingdom averaged -1464.38 GBP Million from 1955 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 2946 GBP Million in March of 1981 and a record low of -6225 GBP Million in September of 2016.""

Lol, 1 month? And you are making a good point for leaving the EU with those figures

North West

"

Lol, 1 month? And you are making a good point for leaving the EU with those figures "

"It was the largest trade deficit since September 2016, due to a sharp drop in exports."

There was an upwards trend that carried forward post-Brexit into 2017, but that bubble has well and truly burst.

You cannot state that companies are recruiting to support increasing exports when the trend for 2018 is downwards, despite a weak £GBP.

Cannock

According to figures from the ONS (Office for national statistics) UK exports increased between March 2017 and February 2018 from £594 billion to £627.6 billion, a rise of 10.4%

A recent report by HSBC Bank, published in April 2018, predicted UK exports will increase by 22% by the year 2020, and double overall by the year 2030. A HSBC survey of more than 6000 UK business decision makers found that almost three quarters (72%) expected international trade with the UK to increase over the next 12 months. In addition, the lenders trade forecast figures predicted that UK goods and service exports would increase by 10% in 2018 alone, the fastest rate of growth for 6 years.

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"According to figures from the ONS (Office for national statistics) UK exports increased between March 2017 and February 2018 from £594 billion to £627.6 billion, a rise of 10.4%

A recent report by HSBC Bank, published in April 2018, predicted UK exports will increase by 22% by the year 2020, and double overall by the year 2030. A HSBC survey of more than 6000 UK business decision makers found that almost three quarters (72%) expected international trade with the UK to increase over the next 12 months. In addition, the lenders trade forecast figures predicted that UK goods and service exports would increase by 10% in 2018 alone, the fastest rate of growth for 6 years. "

Wow what fantastic news from Trevor macdonald

But do we trust experts ?

Exports almost has to be an area that improves for brexit to not be seen as a failure. The falling £ has helped. The real proof will he after we move to new trade deals....

"But do we trust experts ?

Exports almost has to be an area that improves for brexit to not be seen as a failure. The falling £ has helped. The real proof will he after we move to new trade deals...."

Sure. And the EU could have a problem in the stupid trade war with Trump if as he says he will put a 20% tariff on EU cars in response to tariffs on orange juice and levis etc. The UK market will be even more important for Germany

Exports almost has to be an area that improves for brexit to not be seen as a failure. The falling £ has helped. The real proof will he after we move to new trade deals....

Sure. And the EU could have a problem in the stupid trade war with Trump if as he says he will put a 20% tariff on EU cars in response to tariffs on orange juice and levis etc. The UK market will be even more important for Germany "

lets hope we don’t have a similar war ....

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Sure. And the EU could have a problem in the stupid trade war with Trump if as he says he will put a 20% tariff on EU cars in response to tariffs on orange juice and levis etc. The UK market will be even more important for Germany "

Bmw. Have now suggested they need clarity

I wonder how many more ?

Sure. And the EU could have a problem in the stupid trade war with Trump if as he says he will put a 20% tariff on EU cars in response to tariffs on orange juice and levis etc. The UK market will be even more important for Germany lets hope we don’t have a similar war ...."

True. We all know Trump is a bit of a knob but I think it was silly for the EU to retaliate. They have just made things more expensive for us consumers

North West

"According to figures from the ONS (Office for national statistics) UK exports increased between March 2017 and February 2018 from £594 billion to £627.6 billion, a rise of 10.4%

A recent report by HSBC Bank, published in April 2018, predicted UK exports will increase by 22% by the year 2020, and double overall by the year 2030. A HSBC survey of more than 6000 UK business decision makers found that almost three quarters (72%) expected international trade with the UK to increase over the next 12 months. In addition, the lenders trade forecast figures predicted that UK goods and service exports would increase by 10% in 2018 alone, the fastest rate of growth for 6 years. "

The facts are on the ONS website.

The export trend was up through 2016 and 2017. Since January 2018, the trend is down.

The poster who said that there is a lot of recruitment going on NOW - to meet increasing export demand - is either just wrong, or is utilising the post Brexit normality of just asserting any old bullshit as fact.

Cannock

A recent report by HSBC Bank, published in April 2018, predicted UK exports will increase by 22% by the year 2020, and double overall by the year 2030. A HSBC survey of more than 6000 UK business decision makers found that almost three quarters (72%) expected international trade with the UK to increase over the next 12 months. In addition, the lenders trade forecast figures predicted that UK goods and service exports would increase by 10% in 2018 alone, the fastest rate of growth for 6 years.

The export trend was up through 2016 and 2017. Since January 2018, the trend is down.

The poster who said that there is a lot of recruitment going on NOW - to meet increasing export demand - is either just wrong, or is utilising the post Brexit normality of just asserting any old bullshit as fact."

The figures I got were from the ONS website. Those are the facts.

Anyone who thinks an MNC won't just up sticks and leave the second that it is no longer in their best interests to remain, is either a fool or a liar.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Sure. And the EU could have a problem in the stupid trade war with Trump if as he says he will put a 20% tariff on EU cars in response to tariffs on orange juice and levis etc. The UK market will be even more important for Germany lets hope we don’t have a similar war ....

True. We all know Trump is a bit of a knob but I think it was silly for the EU to retaliate. They have just made things more expensive for us consumers "

actually what they did was put on dollar for dollar tariffs so what the US put on european steel and aluminium

trump was trying to bully the world.. what he will find out is that it will start to squeeze the very states he relied on to win the election...

Newcastle and Gateshead

The poster who said that there is a lot of recruitment going on NOW - to meet increasing export demand - is either just wrong, or is utilising the post Brexit normality of just asserting any old bullshit as fact.

The figures I got were from the ONS website. Those are the facts. "

i do think it is interesting that you like to quote the ONS and the OBR when it suits you, and most of the time you rubbish the same people when negative brexit reports come up....

so which is should.... should we believe them or should we not? i have list of figures i could throw at you

Cannock

Sure. And the EU could have a problem in the stupid trade war with Trump if as he says he will put a 20% tariff on EU cars in response to tariffs on orange juice and levis etc. The UK market will be even more important for Germany lets hope we don’t have a similar war ....

True. We all know Trump is a bit of a knob but I think it was silly for the EU to retaliate. They have just made things more expensive for us consumers

actually what they did was put on dollar for dollar tariffs so what the US put on european steel and aluminium

trump was trying to bully the world.. what he will find out is that it will start to squeeze the very states he relied on to win the election... "

And what you will find is Trump will retaliate by putting a 20% tariff on all cars made in the EU going into the USA.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

And what you will find is Trump will retaliate by putting a 20% tariff on all cars made in the EU going into the USA. "

2 things....

the cars being imported are not the cheap ones... it the ones that are really expensive

do you think thosrich folks are going to stop buying mercs.. or porsches...or ferrari's.. or lambo's ect ect ect

2) the total number of these cars imported each year is about 750,000 cars....... BMW has a car plant in spartansberg south carolina, it makes 800,000 cars a year....

a lot of european manufactures have us plants, if you don't think it has leverage over hundreds of thousands of jobs... and their supply chains, he could... but then more tarriffs go on their exports...

the fact is he likes to try and frame it as a us import issue.... the fact is that the EU is the 2nd largest export market.... canada is their largest, canada have done the same thing!, mexico is their 4th largest, mexico have done the same thing.....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

And what you will find is Trump will retaliate by putting a 20% tariff on all cars made in the EU going into the USA. "

can i give you an example of why tariffs don't work....

let me present an iconic american brand... harley davidson

now... trump initially put a tariff on steel and aluminimum...

now... obviously you need that to make bikes.... so their production costs have gone up, and they are now beginning to pass this along the chain to their customers... they then don't sell as many bikes, and this week they issued a profits warning saying they would not be as good because of this and they may have to start laying off people....

the bikes are made in wisconsin, ohio and pennsylvania... all which trump won barely... all in which manufacturing play a huge part....

now.... harleys are so iconic that they are wanted all over the world... so china have now target harleys... canada is targeting harleys, the eu are targeting harleys.....

and those the tariffs which make the price of the bikes higher... they have another tariff slapped on them to make the price of them higher!!!!!

same with your kentucky and tennessee whiskeys....

same with your florida orange juice and your new england cranberry juice

same with your georgia peanut butter...

same with your north carolina and virgina tabacco (heck golden virginia is called golden virginia for a reason!!!)

and thats ya trade war... and that is them subtling hitting battleground states and ramping up pressure!

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

Yeah because Amazon is such a high quality employer fml you're comparing jobs in a warehouse with a company that has many reposts about a high stress underpaid environment with manufacturing and engineering jobs... I'm sure all the Airbus and Mini employees will be clamoring all over amazons human resources for a job should their current employers shift their production...

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"OP, anyone who works for Airbus has to be a remoaner and they can fuck off with their jobs to the EU. We will have the power of brexit!"
I know differently thre of my naighbours work for airbus and all voted out.

The area of Broughton voted 58% out,tes this suprises me but thy have explained here reasoning.

This is a kick up the bum for both the EU and british govt to get on with negotiations that's all,believe workers at Broughton not to worried.FACT

Plymouth

True. We all know Trump is a bit of a knob but I think it was silly for the EU to retaliate. They have just made things more expensive for us consumers "

Really? They have made things more expensive for us consumers lol... That is really sort of the idea... In fact that is completely and utterly the idea. As in if their goods are more expensive we won't buy them, or as much of them. Putting them under pressure as they don't sell as much of their exported goods. They then struggle to pay the bills and their employees are made redundant.

"

And what you will find is Trump will retaliate by putting a 20% tariff on all cars made in the EU going into the USA.

can i give you an example of why tariffs don't work....

let me present an iconic american brand... harley davidson

now... trump initially put a tariff on steel and aluminimum...

now... obviously you need that to make bikes.... so their production costs have gone up, and they are now beginning to pass this along the chain to their customers... they then don't sell as many bikes, and this week they issued a profits warning saying they would not be as good because of this and they may have to start laying off people....

the bikes are made in wisconsin, ohio and pennsylvania... all which trump won barely... all in which manufacturing play a huge part....

now.... harleys are so iconic that they are wanted all over the world... so china have now target harleys... canada is targeting harleys, the eu are targeting harleys.....

and those the tariffs which make the price of the bikes higher... they have another tariff slapped on them to make the price of them higher!!!!!

same with your kentucky and tennessee whiskeys....

same with your florida orange juice and your new england cranberry juice

same with your georgia peanut butter...

same with your north carolina and virgina tabacco (heck golden virginia is called golden virginia for a reason!!!)

and thats ya trade war... and that is them subtling hitting battleground states and ramping up pressure!"

So the EU won’t impose tariffs on the UK will they

Plymouth

"OP, anyone who works for Airbus has to be a remoaner and they can fuck off with their jobs to the EU. We will have the power of brexit!I know differently thre of my naighbours work for airbus and all voted out.

The area of Broughton voted 58% out,tes this suprises me but thy have explained here reasoning.

This is a kick up the bum for both the EU and british govt to get on with negotiations that's all,believe workers at Broughton not to worried.FACT"

A kick up the bum to get it sorted? Who do you think it puts in the more powerful negotiating position? The EU or our government? I remember all the pre Scottish referendum talk when they wanted to keep the pound and the oil fields, a lot of English people were thinking fucking do one... you can't opt out of what you see as the downsides and keep all the good things... Now that's what the rest of the EU are thinking about us. We're not that important to the rest of the EU, just one small country. If we lose lots of jobs to other EU and where ever else and suffer the lose of decent quality manufacturing jobs, it won't hurt the EU will it? in a lot of cases it will benefit them. It may even strengthen the bond of the remaining EU countries not to leave when they see what a fuck up it has become here.

upton wirral

"OP, anyone who works for Airbus has to be a remoaner and they can fuck off with their jobs to the EU. We will have the power of brexit!I know differently thre of my naighbours work for airbus and all voted out.

This is a kick up the bum for both the EU and british govt to get on with negotiations that's all,believe workers at Broughton not to worried.FACT

A kick up the bum to get it sorted? Who do you think it puts in the more powerful negotiating position? The EU or our government? I remember all the pre Scottish referendum talk when they wanted to keep the pound and the oil fields, a lot of English people were thinking fucking do one... you can't opt out of what you see as the downsides and keep all the good things... Now that's what the rest of the EU are thinking about us. We're not that important to the rest of the EU, just one small country. If we lose lots of jobs to other EU and where ever else and suffer the lose of decent quality manufacturing jobs, it won't hurt the EU will it? in a lot of cases it will benefit them. It may even strengthen the bond of the remaining EU countries not to leave when they see what a fuck up it has become here."

It is the fact that in an industry as complex s the aircraft manufacturing industry they cannot just close it as the factory is very specelised with an airstrip and it is a very highly specialised skilled workforce,different to say the car industry.

I suspect this is why they use words such as consider and long term.

I guess one view is if such a complex industry is considering taking such drastic measures, what are the simpler industries doing ?

But as with Germany car manufactures I imagine part of this is gamesmanship. But we can’t take anything BMW says as being a weakening of the Eu position if we can’t hold the same argument to our industry.

Plymouth

A kick up the bum to get it sorted? Who do you think it puts in the more powerful negotiating position? The EU or our government? I remember all the pre Scottish referendum talk when they wanted to keep the pound and the oil fields, a lot of English people were thinking fucking do one... you can't opt out of what you see as the downsides and keep all the good things... Now that's what the rest of the EU are thinking about us. We're not that important to the rest of the EU, just one small country. If we lose lots of jobs to other EU and where ever else and suffer the lose of decent quality manufacturing jobs, it won't hurt the EU will it? in a lot of cases it will benefit them. It may even strengthen the bond of the remaining EU countries not to leave when they see what a fuck up it has become here.It is the fact that in an industry as complex s the aircraft manufacturing industry they cannot just close it as the factory is very specelised with an airstrip and it is a very highly specialised skilled workforce,different to say the car industry."

It's a factory, they may cherry pick key staff to take with them to do the retraining... They already have sites in the US and China as well as the EU so adding staff to those facilities. Isn't it just the wings made here mainly? Ant factory can be moved, many have. America has many skilled aeronautical workers. Teaching a person to do a few tasks day in day out as a small cog in a big wheel isn't rocket science.

upton wirral

A kick up the bum to get it sorted? Who do you think it puts in the more powerful negotiating position? The EU or our government? I remember all the pre Scottish referendum talk when they wanted to keep the pound and the oil fields, a lot of English people were thinking fucking do one... you can't opt out of what you see as the downsides and keep all the good things... Now that's what the rest of the EU are thinking about us. We're not that important to the rest of the EU, just one small country. If we lose lots of jobs to other EU and where ever else and suffer the lose of decent quality manufacturing jobs, it won't hurt the EU will it? in a lot of cases it will benefit them. It may even strengthen the bond of the remaining EU countries not to leave when they see what a fuck up it has become here.It is the fact that in an industry as complex s the aircraft manufacturing industry they cannot just close it as the factory is very specelised with an airstrip and it is a very highly specialised skilled workforce,different to say the car industry.

It's a factory, they may cherry pick key staff to take with them to do the retraining... They already have sites in the US and China as well as the EU so adding staff to those facilities. Isn't it just the wings made here mainly? Ant factory can be moved, many have. America has many skilled aeronautical workers. Teaching a person to do a few tasks day in day out as a small cog in a big wheel isn't rocket science."

They leave Broughton and Boing would happily take over,it would be an ideal base for them outside the US,Airbus would not want that

Cannock

A kick up the bum to get it sorted? Who do you think it puts in the more powerful negotiating position? The EU or our government? I remember all the pre Scottish referendum talk when they wanted to keep the pound and the oil fields, a lot of English people were thinking fucking do one... you can't opt out of what you see as the downsides and keep all the good things... Now that's what the rest of the EU are thinking about us. We're not that important to the rest of the EU, just one small country. If we lose lots of jobs to other EU and where ever else and suffer the lose of decent quality manufacturing jobs, it won't hurt the EU will it? in a lot of cases it will benefit them. It may even strengthen the bond of the remaining EU countries not to leave when they see what a fuck up it has become here.It is the fact that in an industry as complex s the aircraft manufacturing industry they cannot just close it as the factory is very specelised with an airstrip and it is a very highly specialised skilled workforce,different to say the car industry.

It's a factory, they may cherry pick key staff to take with them to do the retraining... They already have sites in the US and China as well as the EU so adding staff to those facilities. Isn't it just the wings made here mainly? Ant factory can be moved, many have. America has many skilled aeronautical workers. Teaching a person to do a few tasks day in day out as a small cog in a big wheel isn't rocket science."

So you think staying in the EU is good for UK jobs and keeps companies here? Didn't quite work out like that back in 2012/13 (before any mention of a referendum or Brexit came into question) when Ford moved it's Ford Transit facility out of Southampton, out of the UK and out of the EU into Turkey.

Cannock

"

2 things....

the cars being imported are not the cheap ones... it the ones that are really expensive

do you think thosrich folks are going to stop buying mercs.. or porsches...or ferrari's.. or lambo's ect ect ect

2) the total number of these cars imported each year is about 750,000 cars....... BMW has a car plant in spartansberg south carolina, it makes 800,000 cars a year....

a lot of european manufactures have us plants, if you don't think it has leverage over hundreds of thousands of jobs... and their supply chains, he could... but then more tarriffs go on their exports...

the fact is he likes to try and frame it as a us import issue.... the fact is that the EU is the 2nd largest export market.... canada is their largest, canada have done the same thing!, mexico is their 4th largest, mexico have done the same thing....."

Was just reported on sky news that the EU exports 1 million cars into the USA every year, not the 750,000 you quoted.

Secondly just the threat of Trump imposing a 20% tariff on EU made cars has already seen EU car manufacturers shares take a hit on stock markets (also just reported on sky news). If EU car manufacturers shares take a hit from a tweet by Donald Trump, what would happen to those shares if he does it for real? It won't be good and will be a lot worse for the value of those EU car companies.

Cannock

"

Not the first time Airbus has threatened to leave the UK if it couldn't get its own way though is it. Airbus threatened to quit the UK back in the 00's if the UK didn't join the Euro. The UK didn't join the Euro and Airbus stayed put. In fact NOT joining the Euro has turned out to be one of the best decisions the UK has ever taken.

Then just before the referendum in 2016, Airbus again threatened to quit the UK if the country voted Leave. The country voted Leave and 2 years on from the referendum result and Airbus are still here. So this latest episode is in fact the 3rd time Airbus have threatened to quit the UK, can't help but think of the boy who cried wolf when it comes to Airbus threats.

North West

"

2 things....

the fact is he likes to try and frame it as a us import issue.... the fact is that the EU is the 2nd largest export market.... canada is their largest, canada have done the same thing!, mexico is their 4th largest, mexico have done the same thing.....

Was just reported on sky news that the EU exports 1 million cars into the USA every year, not the 750,000 you quoted.

Secondly just the threat of Trump imposing a 20% tariff on EU made cars has already seen EU car manufacturers shares take a hit on stock markets (also just reported on sky news). If EU car manufacturers shares take a hit from a tweet by Donald Trump, what would happen to those shares if he does it for real? It won't be good and will be a lot worse for the value of those EU car companies. "

Why do you get so excited and animated at the prospect of chaos and economic upheaval? It is astonishing that you can’t accept that Donald Trump is trying to bully Canada, Mexico, China and the EU instead of trying to negotiate. He is causing and creating chaos on the world markets for selfish and personal reasons and he could not give a flying fuck about his near neighbours, friends and allies. Why do find that so excitable and so admirable? Your unwavering support for this disgraceful human being is bordering on sycophantic. Worse, you seem unable to see from his actions what an America First trade policy will mean for the United Kingdom.

North West

Not the first time Airbus has threatened to leave the UK if it couldn't get its own way though is it. Airbus threatened to quit the UK back in the 00's if the UK didn't join the Euro. The UK didn't join the Euro and Airbus stayed put. In fact NOT joining the Euro has turned out to be one of the best decisions the UK has ever taken.

Then just before the referendum in 2016, Airbus again threatened to quit the UK if the country voted Leave. The country voted Leave and 2 years on from the referendum result and Airbus are still here. So this latest episode is in fact the 3rd time Airbus have threatened to quit the UK, can't help but think of the boy who cried wolf when it comes to Airbus threats. "

You either don’t or can’t understand the issue at hand.

If there is a no deal scenario, by what legal authority can Airbus wings be put onto an EASA aircraft?

There either has to be a deal between the CAA and EASA as part of the withdrawal or Airbus moves wing production to China (or elsewhere). China has a deal with EASA to produce Type Approved aircraft parts in compliance with EASA standards and with the ECJ having ultimate legal jurisdiction.

So if China does not have a problem with an EU trade deal that ultimately falls under ECJ jurisdiction, why can’t the U.K.? If the U.K. wants to continue making parts for Airbus, would it not be sensible to have a deal between the CAA and EASA to enable this to happen?

Cambridge

Then just before the referendum in 2016, Airbus again threatened to quit the UK if the country voted Leave. The country voted Leave and 2 years on from the referendum result and Airbus are still here. So this latest episode is in fact the 3rd time Airbus have threatened to quit the UK, can't help but think of the boy who cried wolf when it comes to Airbus threats. "

Sorry, just for clarification, which government was it who decided that joining the EU wasn't a good idea? Which government made "one of the best decisions the UK has ever taken."?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

So the EU won’t impose tariffs on the UK will they"

nothing outside regular WTO rules..... and the UK will apply those exact same WTO rules on the EU......

so lets not pretend that one side will and the other won't

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Airbus have never threatened to leave and they still haven't.

They are outlining the consequences of the actions about to be taken. Each step has increased the risk of relocation and that is what has been pointed out. Many other companies have done the same.

Airbus has stated that they are not extending their supply networks in the UK due to uncertainty, so no new business here. They are also not making any investments. That's a loss right now to the UK economy, not a threat.

You do also understand that trade deals require that a certain proportion of the value of a product sold must come from within a one partner don't you?

The EU is very big so you can create a lit of things from "domestic" materials and components. An aircraft wing is a very large part of an aeroplane. If the UK is not in the EU the wings will not be "domestically" sourced do the plane will not be European. What would you foo if you were Airbus, or JLR or Siemens under these circumstances?

So, Brexit update.

Possibly 1000's of highly skilled jobs lost to be replaced with packers jobs at Amazon

Future US trade deal with the UK championed to be brilliant will be locked in a US initiated global trade war.

EU apparently in the wrong to respond in kind to US trade war, we should roll over & take US imposed higher tariffs up the arse and thank them for it.

Regulations will be just scrapped or ignored throughout the EU to allow UK business to continue supplying automotive / aircraft parts.

George Osborne is still a twat.

Sterling devalued but makes exports cheaper "ignoring the fact imports have made everything else more expensive" and we don't have anywhere near enough of a manufacturing base to make the expory swing pay in our favour.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Airbus paid £1.7bn in tax. How much did Amazon pay?

"

nothing outside regular WTO rules..... and the UK will apply those exact same WTO rules on the EU......

so lets not pretend that one side will and the other won't"

I’m not, you went to lengths to explain why tariffs don’t work so why don’t the EU stop messing around and give the UK the free trade deal that it wants, which would be good for both sides? As usual the idiots who run the EU are simply putting politics before people

North West

"

I’m not, you went to lengths to explain why tariffs don’t work so why don’t the EU stop messing around and give the UK the free trade deal that it wants, which would be good for both sides? As usual the idiots who run the EU are simply putting politics before people "

The EU economy is significantly larger than the U.K. economy and in the normal protocols of doing any kind of deal, the larger economy gets a) the better deal and b) gets to nominate the ultimate jurisdiction.

Even supposing that a wide ranging FTA was available, Theresa May said that ECH jurisdiction was a red line. That means that the U.K., not the EU is at fault here.

If China can agree to ECJ jurisdiction with an aviation deal with EASA - why can’t the U.K.?

You need to see that these red lines are stupid and exist only because of the rabid imaginations in some people’s minds.

"

I’m not, you went to lengths to explain why tariffs don’t work so why don’t the EU stop messing around and give the UK the free trade deal that it wants, which would be good for both sides? As usual the idiots who run the EU are simply putting politics before people

The EU economy is significantly larger than the U.K. economy and in the normal protocols of doing any kind of deal, the larger economy gets a) the better deal and b) gets to nominate the ultimate jurisdiction.

Even supposing that a wide ranging FTA was available, Theresa May said that ECH jurisdiction was a red line. That means that the U.K., not the EU is at fault here.

If China can agree to ECJ jurisdiction with an aviation deal with EASA - why can’t the U.K.?

You need to see that these red lines are stupid and exist only because of the rabid imaginations in some people’s minds."

I don’t know what the Chinese deal with the ECJ over aviation is so couldn’t really comment.

You talk of the EU being a larger economy as if it is a single country and being united over the things it wants from the UK. I can guarantee that certain countries will want concessions/exemptions on certain things, so in the end to keep everyone on side they will agree to comprehensive free trade with the UK

Bristol East

"

I’m not, you went to lengths to explain why tariffs don’t work so why don’t the EU stop messing around and give the UK the free trade deal that it wants, which would be good for both sides? As usual the idiots who run the EU are simply putting politics before people "

We have a free trade deal with the other EU27.

The UK is walking out on that.

Now you think the UK is entitled to expect a free trade deal from the EU.

Why are we leaving if that is what you want?

We already have one.

"

We have a free trade deal with the other EU27.

The UK is walking out on that.

Now you think the UK is entitled to expect a free trade deal from the EU.

Why are we leaving if that is what you want?

We already have one."

No we don’t

Bristol East

"

No we don’t "

We cannot trade freely with the EU27 as a member of the EU?

I think we can.

That is what we are giving up.

"

No we don’t

I think we can.

"

Freely? What does it cost in contributions and loss of ability to set tax rates and laws?

North West

"

No we don’t

I think we can.

Freely? What does it cost in contributions and loss of ability to set tax rates and laws?"

Do you realise that each and every trade deal (free trade or otherwise) involves compromises? That is why it is called a deal.

The U.K. is currently part of a political and economic union with 27 other close neighbours and we all compromise for the greater good of the collective. A bilateral trade deal will involve both parties compromising for the greater good of the benefits that will come from the trade deal.

Like many Brexiters you seem to want one dimensional solutions to multi dimensional issues. The U.K. does not have rights of entitlement over any other nation on this planet. Senior Politicians and many ordinary people demonstrate a willfull refusal to understand complex issues and demand that simple solutions should work... because we are British.

Bristol East

"

No we don’t

I think we can.

Freely? What does it cost in contributions and loss of ability to set tax rates and laws?"

You are living in a fantasy land if you think we can get the benefits of membership without the cost.

Every pro-EU government in the 27 is agreed - a country outwith the EU cannot expect the same benefits of being within the EU.

That seems obvious to reasonable people.

The exception may well be Eurosceptic Italy. Its position will be interesting.

If it refuses to ratify any agreement between EU and UK, the UK is utterly isolated, outwith the EU and with no trading agreements with anyone whatsoever for a long period of time.

Your post reminds me of the Scottish nationalists during the 2014 referendum. They, too, believed they could cherry-pick the bits of the Union they liked and discard those they didn't. And because they were so important, the rest of the UK would simply grant their every wish. Just as deluded.

"

No we don’t

I think we can.

What do we gain in the freedom of trade ?

It more than off sets your hatred EU laws & supposed set tax rates.

Quick look to post Brexit....

Will we scrap VAT once we leave the EU ? = No chance

Does the UK already have a higher than minimum VAT rate set = Yes

I cannot for the life of me think of a single "EU imposed" law that has any negative effect on my life.

What "EU imposed" laws make your life terrible ?

North London

"(...)

"

Siemens just said something similar.

I don't understand why there's so much resistance in believing the genuine concerns of all these companies. At the end of the day, they're businesses. How and why should they be expected to sit around for the next X+ years, while the UK goes around the world to negotiate new trade deals, while they have to absorb the cost in the meantime (and probably pass it on to us)? Publicly owned companies may be willing to do that, but under what logic will the private ones follow suit?

In addition, we are *so* certain that we are *so* desirable to do business with, that the whole world will give us a better (or even the same) deal, than they gave one of the world's biggest trading blocks. There will be concessions aplenty and rightly so.

Why is there so much resistance to the truth ?

Possibly because people were asked to vote on something so complicated that they didn't know hardly anything about but effect's big business so much are now being faced by the harsh light of their decisions and now blindly refuse to accept the consequences of their actions.

Or they just don't give a fuck.

North London

Deja vu from sky's press preview! You forgot to mention though that the same guy who "reminded" us of the above, also said "we'll just join the trans-pacific partnership" despite, as the other guest questioned, "not having a pacific coastline and leaving one big partnership to join another". Even if we managed to join that, how long before we bitched about it too?

West London

"

No we don’t

I think we can.

I don't know. What does it cost and what benefits are you paying them against?

Cannock

"Why is there so much resistance to the truth ?

Possibly because people were asked to vote on something so complicated that they didn't know hardly anything about but effect's big business so much are now being faced by the harsh light of their decisions and now blindly refuse to accept the consequences of their actions.

Or they just don't give a fuck."

Democracy can't be ignored or reversed just because Airbus, BMW, Siemens or any other business decides to throw a temper tantrum because they can't get their own way. Democracy must be served and the referendum result must be respected, if Airbus go then so be it, we are still leaving.

Bristol East

I don't think any business has a problem with the result. The problem is caused by uncertainty - a Government constantly sending out mixed messages, one that cannot even negotiate its own position, never mind negotiate with anyone else. No business like that is going to invest in that climate.

West London

Democracy can't be ignored or reversed just because Airbus, BMW, Siemens or any other business decides to throw a temper tantrum because they can't get their own way. Democracy must be served and the referendum result must be respected, if Airbus go then so be it, we are still leaving. "

Which takes us to my post about if "control" is more important than prosperity.

Apparently for you, yes it is.

Hopefully Airbus employees can take just as pragmatic a view.

Democracy is the best system we have. Don't pretend that it always gives results that inevitably bring prosperity or happiness or that it cannot be subverted.

Cannock

Democracy can't be ignored or reversed just because Airbus, BMW, Siemens or any other business decides to throw a temper tantrum because they can't get their own way. Democracy must be served and the referendum result must be respected, if Airbus go then so be it, we are still leaving.

Democracy is the best system we have. Don't pretend that it always gives results that inevitably bring prosperity or happiness or that it cannot be subverted."

Of course it remains to be seen if Airbus actually leave or if this latest threat is yet another bluff, as they have bluffed twice before.

West London

Democracy is the best system we have. Don't pretend that it always gives results that inevitably bring prosperity or happiness or that it cannot be subverted.

Of course it remains to be seen if Airbus actually leave or if this latest threat is yet another bluff, as they have bluffed twice before. "

Centaur, they've not bluffed because they haven't said that they were going to leave. They've stated their position should a certain set of circumstances come to pass. Their most recent statement was based on a particularly hard scenario which is apparently becoming more likely. Should we as a nation or they as a company consider these things?

It's just bribery talk

There's nothing we can't handle .afford . Deal with .find a different solution .rebuild .rectify .re make etc etc etc etc

We are well big enough and strong enough to take care of ourselves

North London

Of course it remains to be seen if Airbus actually leave or if this latest threat is yet another bluff, as they have bluffed twice before.

Centaur, they've not bluffed because they haven't said that they were going to leave. They've stated their position should a certain set of circumstances come to pass. Their most recent statement was based on a particularly hard scenario which is apparently becoming more likely. Should we as a nation or they as a company consider these things?"

No. Everyone should shut up apart from the Brexiteers. It's not as if we live in a democratic country. You can all take your legitimate concerns and fuck off to Europe if you love it so much. Oh and take Airbus, siemens, bmw and all those other traitors, who dare to have concerns and worries, with you too. We'll just go be Trump's bitches and he'll help us kick all those immigrants out too! Aaaaah! Bliss!

Not too sure why we expect our government to stand firm .... yet Germany to be swayed by their industrial giants.

North West

People again painfully and/or wilfully ignoring the facts around the aviation industry generally and Airbus specifically.

Airbus have simply stated that the direction of travel will effectively put their U.K. operations outside of EASA regulatory controls and thereby unable to supply Type Approved parts.

The Chinese and the Americans have been able to do a deal with EASA but the UK Govt appears (at this stage) unwilling to do so because of their ECJ red line.

This is not about Airbus walking, it is about the Govt effectively putting them out of business here in the U.K.

Blaming Airbus or the EU is nothing more than simple thinking. The U.K. wants to walk away from the EU and seemingly wants to walk away from the laws and regulations that permit U.K. resident entities from trading with the EU.

Cambridge

"It's just bribery talk

There's nothing we can't handle .afford . Deal with .find a different solution .rebuild .rectify .re make etc etc etc etc

We are well big enough and strong enough to take care of ourselves "

How many times can we shake the magic money tree? The government didn't say taxes would go up to pay for the lie written on the side of the bus that was meant to be cost neutral.

Cambridge

"Not too sure why we expect our government to stand firm .... yet Germany to be swayed by their industrial giants. "

as usual, brexiter logic makes no sense at all.

North West

Democracy can't be ignored or reversed just because Airbus, BMW, Siemens or any other business decides to throw a temper tantrum because they can't get their own way. Democracy must be served and the referendum result must be respected, if Airbus go then so be it, we are still leaving. "

So what about your previous assertions that the EU would have to listen to German car manufacturers because “business calls the shots.”

I've never said "democracy" should be ignored or reversed have I

Newcastle and Gateshead

is this the same sort of "temper tantrum" you and your brexit loving press throw everytime a potential decision goes against you....

see..... i was taught by my mum (god bless her soul) that actions have consequences... and yet i have not heard one negative consequence about the decision made.... and if anyone ever utters a bad consequence you are always very quick to scream the words "project fear"

when does truth become reality... because i think a lot of people are in for a nasty shock when there "we will get everything and give up nothing" brexit isn't what really happens....

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Not in so many words but there are plenty recruiting to keep up with demand for exports due to the weaker pound due to Brexit thats a fair shout. "

Well it would be a fair point if it were true but, as our total amount of exports has gone down, not up, since 2016, it's not a good or fair pair point at all; just another BREXIT myth.

Cannock

Not in so many words but there are plenty recruiting to keep up with demand for exports due to the weaker pound due to Brexit thats a fair shout.

Well it would be a fair point if it were true but, as our total amount of exports has gone down, not up, since 2016, it's not a good or fair pair point at all; just another BREXIT myth."

That's funny as official figures from the ONS (office for national statistics) say UK exports went up by 10.4% between March 2017 and February 2018.

Cannock

is this the same sort of "temper tantrum" you and your brexit loving press throw everytime a potential decision goes against you....

see..... i was taught by my mum (god bless her soul) that actions have consequences... and yet i have not heard one negative consequence about the decision made.... and if anyone ever utters a bad consequence you are always very quick to scream the words "project fear"

when does truth become reality... because i think a lot of people are in for a nasty shock when there "we will get everything and give up nothing" brexit isn't what really happens...."

Well, it's been reported today in various news media outlets that Airbus had a private meeting with MP's before they made the public announcement a few days ago. MP's have revealed that Airbus made no mention of pulling out of the UK during the meeting and Airbus said they were looking to open a new facility in the UK after Brexit, and had asked MP's for public taxpayer funding towards investment to go to the new Airbus facility. I'm sure if you watched the BBC Andrew Marr show this morning you will have also seen the Health secretary Jeremy Hunt was less than complimentary towards the antics of Airbus in recent days.

What moaning remoaners can’t seem to grasp or understand is that bad news is news and always exaggerated. When was the last time that good news made the headlines? Well, apart from the result of the referendum

North West

when does truth become reality... because i think a lot of people are in for a nasty shock when there "we will get everything and give up nothing" brexit isn't what really happens....

Well, it's been reported today in various news media outlets that Airbus had a private meeting with MP's before they made the public announcement a few days ago. MP's have revealed that Airbus made no mention of pulling out of the UK during the meeting and Airbus said they were looking to open a new facility in the UK after Brexit, and had asked MP's for public taxpayer funding towards investment to go to the new Airbus facility. I'm sure if you watched the BBC Andrew Marr show this morning you will have also seen the Health secretary Jeremy Hunt was less than complimentary towards the antics of Airbus in recent days. "

Why do you consistently and willfully avoid the facts with this Airbus story? Are facts so completely irrelevant that you feel that it is reasonable to just push them aside in favour of alternative facts that have no bearing on the truth?

The Govt will effectively put Airbus U.K. out of business with a no deal outcome - can you not see that? The Govt have to negotiate with EASA for Airbus to continue U.K. assembly. It is not even hard to understand.

It is simple truths like this that make a complete mockery of our Negotiators saying no deal is better than a bad deal and to start preparing for a no deal - what the fuck are Airbus supposed to say?

As for Jeremy Hunt complaining about “big business” not helping with their interventions... What the hell is BoJo doing saying “fuck business” and Liam Fox one day saying that we should prepare for a no deal and the next saying that no deal will damage Britain.

I don’t care anymore about Leave or Remain, but I do care much more now about honesty and people owning the shit that they spout.

This Government and this Gobernm by alone is responsible for the reactions of Airbus because the British Govt is promoting a path that will lead to Airbus U.K. losing its EASA Type Approval and thereby putting it out of business until the Govt decides that perhaps no deal was not such a good idea after all and starts negotiating.

North West

"What moaning remoaners can’t seem to grasp or understand is that bad news is news and always exaggerated. When was the last time that good news made the headlines? Well, apart from the result of the referendum "

You do know that Airbus is a listed Company and as such it is obligated in its annual report to comment on risk factors?

Perhaps like Hunt, you would want listed Companies to have their annual reports censored so that they can deceive shareholders but most importantly as Hunt said - “Get behind Theresa.”

I mean these days - who cares anymore about the law or what is right - what is most important is to get behind Brexit and be oblivious to everything else.

"What moaning remoaners can’t seem to grasp or understand is that bad news is news and always exaggerated. When was the last time that good news made the headlines? Well, apart from the result of the referendum

You do know that Airbus is a listed Company and as such it is obligated in its annual report to comment on risk factors?

Perhaps like Hunt, you would want listed Companies to have their annual reports censored so that they can deceive shareholders but most importantly as Hunt said - “Get behind Theresa.”

I mean these days - who cares anymore about the law or what is right - what is most important is to get behind Brexit and be oblivious to everything else."

You do not know the facts

bournemouth

"What moaning remoaners can’t seem to grasp or understand is that bad news is news and always exaggerated. When was the last time that good news made the headlines? Well, apart from the result of the referendum

I mean these days - who cares anymore about the law or what is right - what is most important is to get behind Brexit and be oblivious to everything else.

You do not know the facts"

Seems to me you don’t have a clue what your talking about

All mouth and not much else

Newcastle and Gateshead

see ben.... we do know the fact because they have to list thing like future outlooks in their annual report for shareholders... and because they are a public company it has to be released to the public... which it was via the stock exchange!!!

where did the FT get the story from in the first place!!!!

airbus cant be telling things to the government that they can't be telling to their shareholders!!!

this is why the "rosy eyed" people are doing my goat... I want people to be realists, and until people start seeing the negatives as well as the positives we are not going to move forward...

you don't get to keep everything you want and lose nothing, you walked away from that!!! thats why every bojo article does my head in because he is pandering to his base, and when he doesnt get everything he wants he will point at the others and say "not down to me!!!"

political equivilant of a petrol bomb thrower.... he throws one in and feigns innocence watching the carnage he creates

All mouth and not much else "

the intelligence of remainers for all to see

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

All mouth and not much else "

And you have nothing relevant to say as usual! You do a good impression of the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz, he didn't have a brain either! Lol.

bournemouth

the intelligence of remainers for all to see "

Love it so dence

Love it so dence "

Dudley

Love it so dence "

I think you will find it's "dense"! Made a fool of yourself again! Lol

bournemouth

Love it so dence

I think you will find it's "dense"! Made a fool of yourself again! Lol "

Did it on purpose see if there are any brains in the brexiteers well done 10 out of 10

Love it so dence

Did it on purpose see if there are any brains in the brexiteers well done 10 out of 10"

Dudley

Love it so dence

Did it on purpose see if there are any brains in the brexiteers well done 10 out of 10"

Don't lie! As I said you do a good impression of the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz!

We have heard no moaning from Boeing, only investment.

No Airbus aircraft could fly without British or American support (non EU countries). They are talking bollocks and people either believe it because they are cowards or because they want to believe it because they think it strengthens their misguided argument

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We have heard no moaning from Boeing, only investment.

No Airbus aircraft could fly without British or American support (non EU countries). They are talking bollocks and people either believe it because they are cowards or because they want to believe it because they think it strengthens their misguided argument "

funny enough you don't hear moaning about boeing about this because they get protection from the us government against airbus in their home market.... there is an ongoing WTO case against them and the us government being taking against them by the EU, Airbus, canada and Bombardier.....

this is an oppotunity for boeing as it splits the uk from the eu....

but seriously ben... do you come to talk, or actually do you come to troll?

bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 24/06/18 18:53:24]

bournemouth

Love it so dence

Did it on purpose see if there are any brains in the brexiteers well done 10 out of 10

Don't lie! As I said you do a good impression of the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz! "

oh hello it’s mr know it all

You haven’t a clue

And please don’t interrupt me and my conversation with my mate Ben

Go back to your trolling

Ile take my hat your very very good at that

Cambridge

What facts? Enlighten us? Also, when have brexiters cared about facts? You know that one of the leave campaigns told lies, yet despite that, you still couldn't find any!

Dudley

Love it so dence

Don't lie! As I said you do a good impression of the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz! oh hello it’s mr know it all

You haven’t a clue

Go back to your trolling

Ile take my hat your very very good at that "

Is that the best you can come up with after all this time, you definitely haven't got a clue just hanging on to others coat tails! Lol

Dudley

Love it so dence

Don't lie! As I said you do a good impression of the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz! oh hello it’s mr know it all

You haven’t a clue

Go back to your trolling

Ps I don't know everything but I know how to spell "dense", look in the mirror and you will see the definition of it! Lol.

bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 24/06/18 19:04:37]

bournemouth

Love it so dence

You haven’t a clue

Go back to your trolling

Ile take my hat your very very good at that

Ps I don't know everything but I know how to spell "dense", look in the mirror and you will see the definition of it! Lol. "

I wouldent say you no everything seems to me you don’t no what me and Ben were talking about but hey once a troller always a troller so sad so sad

Love it so dence

You haven’t a clue

Go back to your trolling

Dude when their only contribution is bitching about a spelling error you know you're winning.

Dont feed the trolls.Brexiturds flush away eventually.

"We have heard no moaning from Boeing, only investment.

No Airbus aircraft could fly without British or American support (non EU countries). They are talking bollocks and people either believe it because they are cowards or because they want to believe it because they think it strengthens their misguided argument

funny enough you don't hear moaning about boeing about this because they get protection from the us government against airbus in their home market.... there is an ongoing WTO case against them and the us government being taking against them by the EU, Airbus, canada and Bombardier.....

this is an oppotunity for boeing as it splits the uk from the eu....

but seriously ben... do you come to talk, or actually do you come to troll?"

How was that trolling? Where do Airbus get their engines from? Just the EU? Or America too? They have no problem dealing with America, Canada, China or whoever from the UK now (non EU countries) so what difference will leaving the EU make? It’s politically driven nonsense. The same as their campaigning and threats for the UK to adopt the Euro

Dudley

Love it so dence

You haven’t a clue

Go back to your trolling

Ile take my hat your very very good at that Dude when their only contribution is bitching about a spelling error you know you're winning.

Dont feed the trolls.Brexiturds flush away eventually. "

Such a pity that you will be floating about forever causing a stink! Lol

North West

"

How was that trolling? Where do Airbus get their engines from? Just the EU? Or America too? They have no problem dealing with America, Canada, China or whoever from the UK now (non EU countries) so what difference will leaving the EU make? It’s politically driven nonsense. The same as their campaigning and threats for the UK to adopt the Euro "

If you care to read the thread, you would know. The FAA in the US (Federal Aviation Authority) and the Chinese equivalent have agreements with EASA. They oversee and technically certify components on behalf of EASA. To do this they had to make a deal with EASA and that deal mandates that any legal dispute is ultimately settled by the ECJ. This is normal in that the tenderer offers the contract with certain stipulations and requirements. The Chinese and the Americans had no problem negotiating and making the deal with EASA because they want the business.

To satisfy idiotic Brextremists, the U.K. has said that the ECJ must have no part in any future deal and that of course somewhat stymies any possible EASA deal.

Once again and for the hard of hearing or got others who choose to be maliciously ignorant... the U.K. Govt will effectively close down Airbus U.K. unless they get a deal with the EU which includes EASA. Quite simply products assembled and manufactured today in the U.K. under EASA regulations will be in legal limbo and therefore unusable in the event of a no deal Brexit.