FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Mrs May etc at World Cup Finals

Mrs May etc at World Cup Finals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ara J OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Mrs May and her chums declared none of the government nor the royal family would attend this year's World Cup tournament in Russia as a protest against the poison caper in Salisbury.

Will they keep their promise and stay away if England reach the final?

I don't suppose the players care. Do you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Politics & sport should never mix in my opinion.

Royalty yes.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

I think they should stay away, but it doesn't really make that much of a difference either way. Imagine the snub though if Putin refuses to grant a visa!

I can confirm that I don’t care if any of the ruling class attend the football in Russia

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

She should go,if our team is in the final as our PM she should be there,sport is above politics allways.

Bristol East

Her spin doctors should be telling her to kiss and make up - and maybe even hold Vlad's hand.

But just don't go horse riding naked,

I'd say it's more a job suited to say Prince William

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I'd say it's more a job suited to say Prince William "
Yes maybe

By *urve BallWoman  over a year ago

North London

She should send Boris. Putin will welcome him with open arms (ahem! ) and typical Boris is bound to run his mouth before his brain again, which means there'll be huge outcry this time to sack him, especially if his stupidity overshadows the possible footie win. Job done!

As everyone knows, to be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life so they will be fighting each other to get there

"As everyone knows, to be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life"

Oh, sweetie, that's not been true since the UK (not England) stopped being a world power.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

I think Tersea May should go to the semifinal against Croatia and sit next to the Croatia president who looked very nice in her Croatia top.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"As everyone knows, to be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life so they will be fighting each other to get there "

"As everyone knows, to be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life so they will be fighting each other to get there

"

Where’s Easy when you want to take the piss? I bet he’s gutted that England won

Cannock

"As everyone knows, to be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

Oh, sweetie, that's not been true since the UK (not England) stopped being a world power."

Depends what you define as being a world power?

The UK has a permanent seat at the UN security council. The UK has a seat at the G7 and is one of the largest economies in the world. The UK is one of few countries who still has nuclear capability. We're also a member of Nato. UK security services like MI5 and MI6 are respected as being amongst the best in the world. The UK is in the top 5 countries listed as having the most soft power for diplomatic influence in the world. The UK justice system is respected across the globe. I think most people would consider all the above combined as being a world power.

And on a separate note with England we're a world power in football having reached the semi final of the world cup. Bring on Croatia.

Cannock

"As everyone knows, to be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life so they will be fighting each other to get there

Where’s Easy when you want to take the piss? I bet he’s gutted that England won "

He'd probably say it's more luck than judgement as he did on his ridiculous World Cup thread.

By *rMrsWestMidsCouple  over a year ago

Dudley

Where’s Easy when you want to take the piss? I bet he’s gutted that England won "

He must be home with the wife and kids, he may get chance to sneak off to the bathroom for a couple of minutes on Fab later if he's lucky!lol

"I think Tersea May should go to the semifinal against Croatia and sit next to the Croatia president who looked very nice in her Croatia top."

Apparently she looks even better in a bikini.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

One game at a time. Croatia are dangerous but are really are one or two man team. Beatable if we use the right tactics.

Belgium against France is more difficult to predict. Both good teams with obvious quality and goals in them.

Thrilled to be this far but feet still on the ground. If we do reach the final, I think it's entirely appropriate for Prince William to go. Putin won't be able to manipulate him for political gain and after all, he did miss out on the FA Cup final because of his brother.

Prince William and Harry on tour leave politics out of sport x

Prince William and Harry on tour leave politics out of sport x

Edmonton

"I think Tersea May should go to the semifinal against Croatia and sit next to the Croatia president who looked very nice in her Croatia top.

Apparently she looks even better in a bikini."

. Yeah she does

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd prefer politicians to sustain their ethical stance against Russia, by staying away. They could personally contact the team to congratulate them and remind them why they're not going.

It would be an insult to those injured in Salisbury if they went, where someone may still die.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Send jc he loves Russia xx

Bristol East

"I'd prefer politicians to sustain their ethical stance against Russia, by staying away. They could personally contact the team to congratulate them and remind them why they're not going.

It would be an insult to those injured in Salisbury if they went, where someone may still die. "

Ethics? The UK was bribing officials of a foreign government who sold secrets in exchange for brown envelopes stuffed with tax £s. And more of our money spent on springing him from a long jail sentence. Ethics?

Oh, sweetie, that's not been true since the UK (not England) stopped being a world power.

The UK has a permanent seat at the UN security council. The UK has a seat at the G7 and is one of the largest economies in the world. The UK is one of few countries who still has nuclear capability. We're also a member of Nato. UK security services like MI5 and MI6 are respected as being amongst the best in the world. The UK is in the top 5 countries listed as having the most soft power for diplomatic influence in the world. The UK justice system is respected across the globe. I think most people would consider all the above combined as being a world power. "

That's some amount of turd polishing you've done there, good job.

And good fucking luck with Croatia, the last time England faced anyone with a team capable of winning this WC, they lost 2-1. Recent form suggests that much like Sweden, you're at the end of your run.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

You have rubbished england all the way through this World Cup can you tell us why you hate the English so much ?

Jealousy and xenophobia

"Jealousy and xenophobia "

You've found me out. How clever.

"You have rubbished england all the way through this World Cup can you tell us why you hate the English so much ?"

Schadenfreude mostly.

Also, distinctly average teams whose fans won't shut up about how great they are and how they're definitely going to win it this time, are the easiest to root against.

The last time England played Croatia we thrashed them 5-1 in the 2010 World Cup qualifier.Although Croatia is no doubt a great side.Many "Great teams " are now back home watching it on tv licking their wounds.

thornaby

"You have rubbished england all the way through this World Cup can you tell us why you hate the English so much ?

Schadenfreude mostly.

Also, distinctly average teams whose fans won't shut up about how great they are and how they're definitely going to win it this time, are the easiest to root against. "

why is it wrong for fans to not shut up about how great there team is no point being a bloody fan if there guna go an about how shit there team is it’s plain to see your not much of a sporting man are you lol this World Cup as been the best one for a long time and proved anything is possible come on ENGLAND ?????????????? Lol

"Jealousy and xenophobia

You've found me out. How clever."

Not really, it’s clear for all to see

Cannock

The UK has a permanent seat at the UN security council. The UK has a seat at the G7 and is one of the largest economies in the world. The UK is one of few countries who still has nuclear capability. We're also a member of Nato. UK security services like MI5 and MI6 are respected as being amongst the best in the world. The UK is in the top 5 countries listed as having the most soft power for diplomatic influence in the world. The UK justice system is respected across the globe. I think most people would consider all the above combined as being a world power.

And good fucking luck with Croatia, the last time England faced anyone with a team capable of winning this WC, they lost 2-1. Recent form suggests that much like Sweden, you're at the end of your run."

You rubbished England's chances against Colombia and Sweden then look what happened.

England have an advantage over Croatia in that Croatia have played 2 lots of extra time and they have faced 2 penalty shoot outs now in their 2 knock out games, they will be both physically and mentally fatigued after that. England has only had one extra time and 1 penalty shoot out in their 2 knock out games so will be much more fresh physically and mentally sharper too. Clearly you can't know much about sport or football otherwise you would have known this. It's advantage England going into this game before its even kicked off.

Cambridge

"I'd prefer politicians to sustain their ethical stance against Russia, by staying away. They could personally contact the team to congratulate them and remind them why they're not going.

It would be an insult to those injured in Salisbury if they went, where someone may still die. "

One has died, I doubt any of our politicians will go.

"You have rubbished england all the way through this World Cup can you tell us why you hate the English so much ?

Schadenfreude mostly.

Also, distinctly average teams whose fans won't shut up about how great they are and how they're definitely going to win it this time, are the easiest to root against. why is it wrong for fans to not shut up about how great there team is no point being a bloody fan if there guna go an about how shit there team is it’s plain to see your not much of a sporting man are you lol this World Cup as been the best one for a long time and proved anything is possible come on ENGLAND ?????????????? Lol"

Eloquent as always.

And good fucking luck with Croatia, the last time England faced anyone with a team capable of winning this WC, they lost 2-1. Recent form suggests that much like Sweden, you're at the end of your run.

You rubbished England's chances against Colombia and Sweden then look what happened.

England have an advantage over Croatia in that Croatia have played 2 lots of extra time and they have faced 2 penalty shoot outs now in their 2 knock out games, they will be both physically and mentally fatigued after that. England has only had one extra time and 1 penalty shoot out in their 2 knock out games so will be much more fresh physically and mentally sharper too. Clearly you can't know much about sport or football otherwise you would have known this. It's advantage England going into this game before its even kicked off. "

I don't recall giving any opinion on Sweden, but dumb luck is the only reason England made it out of the Columbian fixture.

But sure, tell me more of your deep insights into football. Given your previous form on things like complicated supranational bodies, I'm certain you'll be as entertaining.

thornaby

Dumb luck was the only reason lmao if we had any luck at all we would of played against 9 men funny you don’t mention the Columbia team cheating

Bristol East

I believe the person who died was an alcoholic. The other individual a heroin user. Their body’s ability to withstand toxins compromised by substance abuse.

Cambridge

"I believe the person who died was an alcoholic. The other individual a heroin user. Their body’s ability to withstand toxins compromised by substance abuse."

That doesn't make it OK for the Russian state to murder British citizens with banned chemical weapons.

Bristol East

"I believe the person who died was an alcoholic. The other individual a heroin user. Their body’s ability to withstand toxins compromised by substance abuse.

That doesn't make it OK for the Russian state to murder British citizens with banned chemical weapons. "

I agree - everyone has a right to life - Article One of the Human Rights Act.

If evidence exists showing who carried out this crime, or conspired in its execution, where is it and why no charges?

Cambridge

"I believe the person who died was an alcoholic. The other individual a heroin user. Their body’s ability to withstand toxins compromised by substance abuse.

That doesn't make it OK for the Russian state to murder British citizens with banned chemical weapons.

I agree - everyone has a right to life - Article One of the Human Rights Act.

If evidence exists showing who carried out this crime, or conspired in its execution, where is it and why no charges?"

Look at the Litvinyenko inquiry. No DPP or police force are willing to press charges or accuse the Kremlin, it will be a judge lead public inquiry that does that. Do you expect some PC to apply for a visa to Russia to fly to Moscow and arrest Putin?

"Dumb luck was the only reason lmao if we had any luck at all we would of played against 9 men funny you don’t mention the Columbia team cheating "

Well, we can, but only if we also mention how Jordan Pickford also cheated during the shootout by moving off his line before the ball was struck.

Of course, seeing as it was let slide by the official, bringing it up after the fact would be just petty, but no more than Columbia's "cheating".

thornaby

Thank you you just proved you know nothing about football even the Colombian coach got in on the act they have been the dirtiest team in the tournament but we kept our calm and came out holding our heads high

Bristol East

There is no evidence, basically.

What the politicians have done is taken the facts - the toxin formula is the same as that once developed by the USSR, the Skripal chap was a Russian traitor - mixed in some history of Russian behaviour and said it must be a Russian state plot “because there is no plausible alternative explanation”.

That is really quite an astonishing thing to say.

A reasonable person might come to a conclusion of guilt based on the evidence.

There is none in this case, so unless you can find something to disprove my theory then they must be guilty.

That is the sort of idiotic mindset that gave us terrible miscarriages of justice - the “i know who did it, just find the evidence” approach.

The most likely reason no-one has been charged is because the police investigation is being lead by the evidence.

"Thank you you just proved you know nothing about football even the Colombian coach got in on the act they have been the dirtiest team in the tournament but we kept our calm and came out holding our heads high "

Your opinion on whether or not I know anything about football carries very little weight.

But, to borrow a phrase, it's very easy for England fans to play the man and not the ball. They've got nothing else.

Bristol East

Remember Lockerbie?

To begin with, the politicians blamed Iran.

Then it was Hezbollah.

All very convenient politically ( and plausible after the US downed the Iran Air passenger jet a few months earlier).

Saddam invades Kuwait, the anti-Iran rhetoric stops and Iran is persuaded to stay neutral in the first Gulf War.

So the families of the victims end up with a couple of stooges offered up by the Libyans and everyone gets to save face.

It’s what happens when politicians replace detectives in criminal investigations.

Grantham

"Dumb luck was the only reason lmao if we had any luck at all we would of played against 9 men funny you don’t mention the Columbia team cheating

Well, we can, but only if we also mention how Jordan Pickford also cheated during the shootout by moving off his line before the ball was struck.

Of course, seeing as it was let slide by the official, bringing it up after the fact would be just petty, but no more than Columbia's "cheating"."

The fact that the referee or his two assistants didn't see anything wrong and order the penalty to be retaken and also give Jordan Pickford a yellow card, means that no cheating took place.

Most goalkeepers jump around on their line these days, most are given a little latitude but all are normally warned at the commencement of the shootout.

"Dumb luck was the only reason lmao if we had any luck at all we would of played against 9 men funny you don’t mention the Columbia team cheating

Of course, seeing as it was let slide by the official, bringing it up after the fact would be just petty, but no more than Columbia's "cheating".

The fact that the referee or his two assistants didn't see anything wrong and order the penalty to be retaken and also give Jordan Pickford a yellow card, means that no cheating took place.

"

It's only cheating if you're caught, right?

Grantham

It's only cheating if you're caught, right?"

What did it say in the newspapers, on the TV?

England beat Colombia 4-3 in a penalty shootout, after drawing 1-1.

That's all I'm interested in.

"

Sure, but it'd be rich to whine about "Columbian Cheating" and then glossing over the same on the other side.

But par the course.

Grantham

Sure, but it'd be rich to whine about "Columbian Cheating" and then glossing over the same on the other side.

But par the course.

"

I've never bitched about the Colombian behaviour. It wasn't very pretty at times but the World Cup is a results business, and you have to do whatever you can.

The South American teams seem to have some problems with simulation etc. Neymar spent 14 minutes out of 90 on the floor the other night. Many people were up in arms but the only loser was Brazil who went out.

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Anyone else think ms may had a huge secret sigh of relief last night.

Edmonton

I am looking forward to seeing the lovely Kolinda ( Croatia president ) at the World Cup final yesterday she was at the NATO meeting where she presented Theresa with a Croatia shirt

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

But par the course.

"

Seriously! It's hard enough to get people to be impartial, rational and balanced on things that matter that they feel strongly about so how can you possibly expect it on something that a lot of people feel even more strongly about but, in the end, makes no difference and matters not at all.

For the record I do think the Columbians played pretty dirty. So to, but to a lesser extent, the Croats but didn't notice any really dirty play from the English squad.

Am I biased? Hell yes I am but so what?

thornaby

You may well be but your also right

Bristol East

"Anyone else think ms may had a huge secret sigh of relief last night."

Possibly lol. But it also means the football won't be on the front pages from now until Sunday and she might well be back on them.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Well, now this mad moment of national unity (for the English) is over we can get back to doing what has actually become the UK's favourite pass time. Namely arguing about BREXIT and Europe.

Happy days

"Anyone else think ms may had a huge secret sigh of relief last night."

Probably not, the collective delusion that football was coming home was about the only thing distracting people from the catastrofuck that is her government.

Now that order has been restored to the universe, there's nothing for her to use as cover.

If people are going to criticize south American football at least spell it correctly... Colombians.

» Add a new message to this topic