FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > British standards - society

British standards - society

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It makes me sad when I read:

A 3 year old in a pram has acid thrown over them. In Worcester and in a shop in broad daylight.

Britain has the highest rate of acid attacks per capita in the World.

A female bus driver aged 57 in Wales is urinated on and given abuse by a bunch of thugs.

Have we lost all our values - clearly some have? So sad.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

What do you expect when the average term of imprisonment for taking of a life is now 6 years.

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"What do you expect when the average term of imprisonment for taking of a life is now 6 years."

Average time served for murder is 16 years and you will be on licence for the rest of your life

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

A very weak punishment system and lack of police don't help ...shame on the thugs

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

We do not have enough police on the street and no real deterrants for youth,so they get away with crime of all kinds.

Also we have a poor education system that does not instill morals and discipline into children at a young age.

This problem begins when the child is young with poor parenting and poor schooling.The moral fabric of society is no longer there.

The animals that commited this crime should get life sentences and denied all human rights.There should be no payroll rights,no visitors,fed on bread and water for the rest of there miserable days.

Now the modern day do gooders will slag me off,but tell me are the modern methods of controlling these discusting events working?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The animals that commited this crime should get life sentences and denied all human rights.There should be no payroll rights,no visitors,fed on bread and water for the rest of there miserable days.

"

The problem with denying human rights to one of us, is to deny rights to all of us.

Back to the drawing board with this delightful 'idea'.

"The animals that commited this crime should get life sentences and denied all human rights.There should be no payroll rights,no visitors,fed on bread and water for the rest of there miserable days.

The problem with denying human rights to one of us, is to deny rights to all of us.

Back to the drawing board with this delightful 'idea'."

There...is the problem in full

moston

"The problem with denying human rights to one of us, is to deny rights to all of us.

And so we are back to the same argument as we had vis-à-vis the death penalty. Which of course leads on to the next question. When eventually a section of a society gets so disillusioned with the inability of the state to keep order because do gooders refuse to allow the state to impose punishments that deter crime and we start seeing summary police and mob justice being handed out as law and order break down will you still sit on your hands and refuse to allow the state to keep order?

The premise here is "We should brutalise criminals, because if we don't, citizens will take it upon themselves to brutalise criminals".

Of course, the problem with this idea is that no matter how harsh the penalty applied, there's always

A) Going to be crime, because punishment as a deterrent doesn't really work.

B) as a follow on from A, there will always be people who labour under the idea that the reason there is crime is that the punishments are not sufficiently brutal, and as such will argue for even more severe punishments.

So, the real question is, what possible motive do we have to listen to people like yourself who argue for the removal of human rights from prisoners? You'll never be happy and are blind to the shortcomings of your revenge fantasies as justice.

I figured nietzsche put it better than I ever could.

But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice! Verily, their souls lack more than honey. And when they call themselves the good and the just, do not forget that they would be pharisees, if only they had—power.

Friedrich Nietzsche

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"The premise here is "We should brutalise criminals, because if we don't, citizens will take it upon themselves to brutalise criminals".

Of course, the problem with this idea is that no matter how harsh the penalty applied, there's always

B) as a follow on from A, there will always be people who labour under the idea that the reason there is crime is that the punishments are not sufficiently brutal, and as such will argue for even more severe punishments.

So, the real question is, what possible motive do we have to listen to people like yourself who argue for the removal of human rights from prisoners? You'll never be happy and are blind to the shortcomings of your revenge fantasies as justice."

Said the Antifa vigilante in chief who likes to take the law into his own hands.

"The premise here is "We should brutalise criminals, because if we don't, citizens will take it upon themselves to brutalise criminals".

So, the real question is, what possible motive do we have to listen to people like yourself who argue for the removal of human rights from prisoners? You'll never be happy and are blind to the shortcomings of your revenge fantasies as justice.

Said the Antifa vigilante in chief who likes to take the law into his own hands. "

Stop telling lies.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The UK has had marked deterioration in standards of respect between people since the 1980s. These shocking incidents are likely a reflection of this trend.

Some people voted for reductions to local budgets for police etc, so detection and presence will probably deteriorate. Likewise the UK education system has changed, with thousands of schools taken out of local government scrutiny and management as 'academies' run by businesses were given the assets and have resulted in many falling school educational standards (though some people have made very nice sums of money from it). I think this is where we can better judge them by their deeds, not words - the lives of millions are not viewed as important or valued. This same attitude breeds like a filthy virus.

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

I’d burn the 3scumy cunts no mercy

"I’d burn the 3scumy cunts no mercy "

Sure you would.

But how does that make you any better than them?

Said the Antifa vigilante in chief who likes to take the law into his own hands.

Stop telling lies."

I think that response was meant for me...

thornaby

"I’d burn the 3scumy cunts no mercy

Sure you would.

But how does that make you any better than them?"

because there burnt a baby in a pray for no reason I’d burn them for just that reason I don’t care what you think John yr the guy that was goading england fans telling us england are shit so don’t come all pc on here you would burn the scum aswell just not man enough to say it

Sure you would.

But how does that make you any better than them? because there burnt a baby in a pray for no reason I’d burn them for just that reason I don’t care what you think John yr the guy that was goading england fans telling us england are shit so don’t come all pc on here you would burn the scum aswell just not man enough to say it "

I wouldn't, but if it's the height of manliness to support England and want to burn people alight, then I'm happy not being regarded as one.

thornaby

So what pc bullshit would u do then can’t wait for this give them a love bite lol

"So what pc bullshit would u do then can’t wait for this give them a love bite lol"

We have these things, called courts, in which people are given these other things, called trials, to determine things like guilt, culpability, and so on.

And if found guilty, they can be sent to these other places, that we call prisons, where they're held until their sentence has been carried out.

That seems better than "hey, we find these acts to be especially repugnant, and to show you how unacceptable we find this, we're gonna do the exact same thing to you".

thornaby

I was saying what i would do given the chance not what the justice system will do I asked you what would you do given the chance

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"We do not have enough police on the street and no real deterrants for youth,so they get away with crime of all kinds.

Also we have a poor education system that does not instill morals and discipline into children at a young age.

This problem begins when the child is young with poor parenting and poor schooling.The moral fabric of society is no longer there.

The animals that commited this crime should get life sentences and denied all human rights.There should be no payroll rights,no visitors,fed on bread and water for the rest of there miserable days.

Now the modern day do gooders will slag me off,but tell me are the modern methods of controlling these discusting events working?

"

And yet people keep on voting for parties that cut police numbers (fallen by 21,000 since 2010), that waste money on grammar schools, that cut surestart centres which help the poorest parents to be better parents. You're right, this isn't working.

"I was saying what i would do given the chance not what the justice system will do I asked you what would you do given the chance "

Nothing.

What would there be to gain by "doing something" to them given the chance?

If I beat them sufficiently viciously, will it bring someone back to life?

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"We do not have enough police on the street and no real deterrants for youth,so they get away with crime of all kinds.

"

Yes, blame the teachers why dont you. The little shits are well on the way to being utter scumbags well before they hit school age. Thereafter, schools have kids for 195 days a year (if they show up) for about 6 hours a day. That's 1,170 hours a year (a year is 8760 hours btw)so that's less than 15% of the time......Id say parents have the responsibility to imbue their offsprong with values, behaviours and attitudes.

Cambridge

OP, was it better in the Victorian era? Jack the Ripper, poor houses, child labour?

There is a dark side to humanity, there always has been, we are lucky that we see it rarely in this country.

thornaby

"I was saying what i would do given the chance not what the justice system will do I asked you what would you do given the chance

Nothing.

If I beat them sufficiently viciously, will it bring someone back to life?"

what the hell are you talking about now it’s about a 3yrold child in a pram that got acid poured on him by 3 men he’s not dead but he could of tho and you would do nothing to them why am I not surprised

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Sure you would.

But how does that make you any better than them? because there burnt a baby in a pray for no reason I’d burn them for just that reason I don’t care what you think John yr the guy that was goading england fans telling us england are shit so don’t come all pc on here you would burn the scum aswell just not man enough to say it

I wouldn't, but if it's the height of manliness to support England and want to burn people alight, then I'm happy not being regarded as one."

No, you just like to make veiled threats about Canary Wharf instead all because a country made a democratic choice to leave the EU.

Sure you would.

But how does that make you any better than them? because there burnt a baby in a pray for no reason I’d burn them for just that reason I don’t care what you think John yr the guy that was goading england fans telling us england are shit so don’t come all pc on here you would burn the scum aswell just not man enough to say it

I wouldn't, but if it's the height of manliness to support England and want to burn people alight, then I'm happy not being regarded as one.

No, you just like to make veiled threats about Canary Wharf instead all because a country made a democratic choice to leave the EU. "

If you feel that was a genuine threat, then do your duty as an Englishman and report me to the authorities.

Otherwise, might I suggest going back and rereading the post in question so as to learn the difference between a threat and the simple laying out of the path between cause and effect.

"I was saying what i would do given the chance not what the justice system will do I asked you what would you do given the chance

Nothing.

If I beat them sufficiently viciously, will it bring someone back to life? what the hell are you talking about now it’s about a 3yrold child in a pram that got acid poured on him by 3 men he’s not dead but he could of tho and you would do nothing to them why am I not surprised "

Does reversing the child's injuries require more or less of a beating to be given out than raising someone from the dead?

Enquiring minds want to know what your mastabatory stories will achieve.

Also, shouldn't your revenge fantasy at least be proportional? The phrase is "an eye for an eye" after all, not "a life for an eye"

thornaby

I’d go more for a life for pouring acid over a baby in a pram but like u say u would do nothing

Cambridge

"I’d go more for a life for pouring acid over a baby in a pram but like u say u would do nothing "

No one has said do nothing

"I’d go more for a life for pouring acid over a baby in a pram but like u say u would do nothing "

Tsk tsk, you're supposed to at least pretend you're looking for 'justice'.

I think for attacking a child like that and with evidence stacked against you, you should be killed. There has to be 100% certainty when imposing a death sentence though so it's never going to be reinstated. There's room for error and the error is too great.

moston

"I figured nietzsche put it better than I ever could.

But thus I counsel you, my friends: Mistrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful. They are people of a low sort and stock; the hangmen and the bloodhound look out of their faces. Mistrust all who talk much of their justice! Verily, their souls lack more than honey. And when they call themselves the good and the just, do not forget that they would be pharisees, if only they had—power.

Friedrich Nietzsche"

He also followed Thelema does that mean that its central tenant of "Do as tho wilt shall be the whole of the law" should apply?

Didn't he die of syphilis because he refused to eat Mercury?

thornaby

"I’d go more for a life for pouring acid over a baby in a pram but like u say u would do nothing

No one has said do nothing "

_lcc read back I asked what he would do he said nothing

thornaby

"I think for attacking a child like that and with evidence stacked against you, you should be killed. There has to be 100% certainty when imposing a death sentence though so it's never going to be reinstated. There's room for error and the error is too great. "
they were caught on camera

"I’d go more for a life for pouring acid over a baby in a pram but like u say u would do nothing

No one has said do nothing _lcc read back I asked what he would do he said nothing "

That I personally wouldn't follow you into reenacting something from the Saw films given the chance doesn't mean that nothing should be done.

You might recall an explanation of what courts and prisons are from earlier.

Cambridge

No one has said do nothing _lcc read back I asked what he would do he said nothing "

My mistake.

"I think for attacking a child like that and with evidence stacked against you, you should be killed. There has to be 100% certainty when imposing a death sentence though so it's never going to be reinstated. There's room for error and the error is too great. they were caught on camera "

Ya in my opinion when the evidence is stacked against you like that then death is the sentence. There's no excuse for attacking a baby.

thornaby

No one has said do nothing _lcc read back I asked what he would do he said nothing

That I personally wouldn't follow you into reenacting something from the Saw films given the chance doesn't mean that nothing should be done.

You might recall an explanation of what courts and prisons are from earlier. "

aw well thank you wise one for educating me bless ya see you are good for something

No one has said do nothing _lcc read back I asked what he would do he said nothing

You might recall an explanation of what courts and prisons are from earlier. aw well thank you wise one for educating me bless ya see you are good for something "

Well, as they say, you can lead a horse to water...

"I think for attacking a child like that and with evidence stacked against you, you should be killed. There has to be 100% certainty when imposing a death sentence though so it's never going to be reinstated. There's room for error and the error is too great. they were caught on camera

Ya in my opinion when the evidence is stacked against you like that then death is the sentence. There's no excuse for attacking a baby. "

Funny thing, the threshold you're using here is the exact same as the one used to sentence the Guilford four or the Birmingham six - beyond reasonable doubt.

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"I’d burn the 3scumy cunts no mercy "

Which cut 's are they? Murderers or bike thieves. Where do you draw the line?

thornaby

It’s not about a line it was about 3 wankers who poured acid on a kid in a pram it’s a no brainer for me

"It’s not about a line it was about 3 wankers who poured acid on a kid in a pram it’s a no brainer for me "

Well, yes.

That's the problem.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Was there less crime when people were hanged or transported for stealing food to eat?

Does anybody happen to know?

Was there more or less child abuse in the 30s or the 50s?

Everyone imagines a mystical past when things were better.

It doesn't exist.

The same crimes happened but they were not as widely reported.

If you've got someone bang to rights for a hideous crime, and I don't mean most probably it was them but irrifutable evidence that they committed it then if they were disposed of for good they would never be able to do it again.

It may or may not reduce the amount of other sick fucks doing similar in future but one thing's for sure, the one you put down will not be able to do it again.

Too many innocent victims have been murdered, adused etc by previously convicted scum that have "served their punishment" and been let out to continue where they were previously inconveniently interrupted and caught.

Can you explain that quote by way of example...it sounds nice but doesn't make a lot of sense.

Or I failed to grasp the profundity.

Surely locking up for actually life an reprentent uncurable r*pist and murderer is a net benefit to the local community? The right to live comfortably without fear looming of a credible threat in your town.

Stop telling lies."

He has you there.

The double triple and quadruple standards are astounding.

An eye for an eye but only if it's swiveled?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"If you've got someone bang to rights for a hideous crime, and I don't mean most probably it was them but irrifutable evidence that they committed it then if they were disposed of for good they would never be able to do it again.

It may or may not reduce the amount of other sick fucks doing similar in future but one thing's for sure, the one you put down will not be able to do it again.

Too many innocent victims have been murdered, adused etc by previously convicted scum that have "served their punishment" and been let out to continue where they were previously inconveniently interrupted and caught.

"

Thank TM, she's responsible for it. You can't cut policing numbers and expect crime figures to drop.

Stop telling lies.

He has you there.

The double triple and quadruple standards are astounding.

An eye for an eye but only if it's swiveled? "

Hardly. But why make your own case when you can embrace the convenient lies of others.

Can you explain that quote by way of example...it sounds nice but doesn't make a lot of sense.

"

A common occurrence, I'm sure.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

"It makes me sad when I read:

A 3 year old in a pram has acid thrown over them. In Worcester and in a shop in broad daylight.

A female bus driver aged 57 in Wales is urinated on and given abuse by a bunch of thugs.

Have we lost all our values - clearly some have? So sad."

I read that the attack on the 3 yr old is some kind of family dispute and 3 men have been arrested.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"It makes me sad when I read:

Have we lost all our values - clearly some have? So sad.

I read that the attack on the 3 yr old is some kind of family dispute and 3 men have been arrested. "

5 men were arrested, and are believed to be of Romani descent from East Europe.

Police believe the attack was a result of a feud between the boy's estranged father and mother.

thornaby

The father is Afghan apparently they split coz she was becoming to westernized and the acid was ment for her

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Put them in prison. No special protections, no solitary, just in with the rest of them. They knew they would definitely be going to prison if they got caught. What happens to them when inside is in their own heads. You cant get access to acid in prison, so they will just have to defend themselves as best they can. What a shame. Poor dears.

"Put them in prison. No special protections, no solitary, just in with the rest of them. They knew they would definitely be going to prison if they got caught. What happens to them when inside is in their own heads. You cant get access to acid in prison, so they will just have to defend themselves as best they can. What a shame. Poor dears. "

I almost admire the honesty of the people who loudly boast that they'd totally kill them themselves, as opposed to this snivelling bullshit.

thornaby

John dies t matter what anyone says you always say the opposite yr on here only because u get a thrill from winding ppl up specially the English if u had a life u mite not get such a thrill mate

"John dies t matter what anyone says you always say the opposite yr on here only because u get a thrill from winding ppl up specially the English if u had a life u mite not get such a thrill mate "

This is a very deep and correct insight.

thornaby

I say what I see can only go of yr posts just how you come across

"I say what I see can only go of yr posts just how you come across "

It's true, by reading a person's posts you can divine the entirety of that person and their life.

Weirdly, this only manifests when you disagree with them....

A common occurrence, I'm sure."

No example then john? More thinking less anger....

A common occurrence, I'm sure.

No example then john? "

No, because in the past when you've demanded that you be treated as if you're arguing in good faith, you've immediately shit the bed and declared things like "I'm not even going to read that".

Unsurprisingly, this leaves me disinclined to give a shit about your questions.

Or in other words...a cop out

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Or in other words...a cop out

"

Without a doubt it’s a cop out,Canadians are usually full of shit,this one is no different

"

More of a fuck off, to be honest.

Without a doubt it’s a cop out,Canadians are usually full of shit,this one is no different "

Jokes on you, I'm not Canadian.

That you think I am is weird, because presumably in order to have such a fine understanding of everyone in a country you'd have to have met them all first, and you'd surely have noticed that I was not one of the 36 million people you've met and judged.

The alternative is you're just making things up, but that's pretty far fetched....

He doesn't make them up... he just knows. He's a god walking with mere men, impervious to error, always right, a true miracle.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"The father is Afghan apparently they split coz she was becoming to westernized and the acid was ment for her "

Was this made public?

I read an article today regarding state pension which compares 30 countries. The best pension in the World is

The Netherlands

The worst is

Great Britain

The oldies get some stick for the triple lock etc but they are not looked after that well! Considering we are the 5/6th largest economy why are we bottom of the league?

Surely we should be near the top of the league? Are out priorities/standards failing?

Found it on Facebook - so could be fake news!

"The father is Afghan apparently they split coz she was becoming to westernized and the acid was ment for her

Was this made public?"

Its in the mail online

"I read an article today regarding state pension which compares 30 countries. The best pension in the World is

The Netherlands

The worst is

Great Britain

The oldies get some stick for the triple lock etc but they are not looked after that well! Considering we are the 5/6th largest economy why are we bottom of the league?

Surely we should be near the top of the league? Are out priorities/standards failing?

Found it on Facebook - so could be fake news!"

if this is the OECD report it is looking at someone entering the workplace today. Not those in retirement.

I’ve seen another one which ranks as bottom not because of the level but because we don’t have the tax structure to support it. I think the average 65yo has taken out 20% more than they have put in taxes.

"I read an article today regarding state pension which compares 30 countries. The best pension in the World is

The Netherlands

The worst is

Great Britain

Found it on Facebook - so could be fake news!if this is the OECD report it is looking at someone entering the workplace today. Not those in retirement.

I’ve seen another one which ranks as bottom not because of the level but because we don’t have the tax structure to support it. I think the average 65yo has taken out 20% more than they have put in taxes. "

Yes it was one of the reports - what suprised me was how low we are in comparison - especially the likes of Mexico. I wouldn't have expected to be top but in the top half. I have always been aware how poor our pensions were and that you need to make your own provision - poor sods who are relying on the state scheme.

The Netherlands

The worst is

Great Britain

Found it on Facebook - so could be fake news!if this is the OECD report it is looking at someone entering the workplace today. Not those in retirement.

I’ve seen another one which ranks as bottom not because of the level but because we don’t have the tax structure to support it. I think the average 65yo has taken out 20% more than they have put in taxes.

Yes it was one of the reports - what suprised me was how low we are in comparison - especially the likes of Mexico. I wouldn't have expected to be top but in the top half. I have always been aware how poor our pensions were and that you need to make your own provision - poor sods who are relying on the state scheme."

Agreed. But it’s the 20yo that it’s hitting. Even I’m planning my pension provision around no state pension.

However going back to the study, the measure was as judging pensions as a % if prior earnings. This means state support looks *bad* if earnings are high.

You also have to ask whether the state pension is there to support the poorest through their last few years of life (as it was when it was set up) or the majority through 20%+ of their lives.

I don't believe there will be any pension available in 30 or 40 years for me .If I could opt out I would .The boomers have bled the system dry.

By *elly39devonCouple  over a year ago

tavistock

that was very profound, I didn't know anyone could actually quote Neitzsche but he is probably right although the urge for revenge is great

Too many fuckwits, breeding like rabbits then teaching their offspring there is no such thing as consequence and letting them think they are the most important person on the planet and they can have anything they want, regardless. Too many young adults thinking the word no does not apply to them. Self absorbed fuckmuffins!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I expect Corbin will find a way of taxing big corporations properly when he's in power.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"Put them in prison. No special protections, no solitary, just in with the rest of them. They knew they would definitely be going to prison if they got caught. What happens to them when inside is in their own heads. You cant get access to acid in prison, so they will just have to defend themselves as best they can. What a shame. Poor dears.

I almost admire the honesty of the people who loudly boast that they'd totally kill them themselves, as opposed to this snivelling bullshit."

Let the dregs look after themselves. rather that than put them on a cushy wing where no harm can come to them, meanwhile a bloke in for burglary risks his neck every day for looking at a pscho the wrong way. Fuck em. They knew what happens to nonces and the like when they did what they did. Whats going to happen to them? A toothbrush handle in the eye? So fucking what? Theyve lived half there life already. That lad has the rest of his life with scars on his face. Have you ever been burnt by an acid or a strong alkali? It hurts. A lot. But it was an accident wasnt it. They meant it for the mother. So thats not ad bad.

» Add a new message to this topic