FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit deals.

Brexit deals.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What are the most important part of negotiations between Britain and the UK? What does the averge Britain want from this? Not really interested in what the remainers want cause I feel like I have the jist of that. So border control and the right to make their own trade deals? Anything else?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The brexiters should write out a long wish list of all the things they want and send it to Santa or any imaginary being for that matter .Its their best hope of getting all the things they want

" The brexiters should write out a long wish list of all the things they want and send it to Santa or any imaginary being for that matter .Its their best hope of getting all the things they want "

A no deal might actually work out for Britain. That's if Britain has its shit together behind the scenes already but that probably isn't the case.

" The brexiters should write out a long wish list of all the things they want and send it to Santa or any imaginary being for that matter .Its their best hope of getting all the things they want

A no deal might actually work out for Britain. That's if Britain has its shit together behind the scenes already but that probably isn't the case. "

The logical follow on from that then is Boris Johnson's "fuck business" idea isn't it.

Do you think that's our root to prosperity ?

Lol, root = route

" The brexiters should write out a long wish list of all the things they want and send it to Santa or any imaginary being for that matter .Its their best hope of getting all the things they want

A no deal might actually work out for Britain. That's if Britain has its shit together behind the scenes already but that probably isn't the case.

The logical follow on from that then is Boris Johnson's "fuck business" idea isn't it.

Do you think that's our root to prosperity ?"

I think no deal is our quickest route back into Europe .

Do you think that's our root to prosperity ?"

Well I'm Irish (the non British kind haha) and not politically or economically educated but I've read a bit today that a no deal would mean no payments paid to leave and trade deals with other countries could start immediately. There's some big down falls too but apparently common sense will prevail in those areas. There's the risk of the EU taking the UK to the Hague for the payments and more too though.

Do you think that's our root to prosperity ? I think no deal is our quickest route back into Europe . "

That may be true but if we had fully left then adopting the Euro would probably be the pill too bitter to stomach that would prevent us joining again.

"between Britain and the UK"??? What's your address?, I'll send you £5 and you can buy a clue, because you haven't got 1 at the moment.

""between Britain and the UK"??? What's your address?, I'll send you £5 and you can buy a clue, because you haven't got 1 at the moment."

Haha my bad, my phone screen is in bits in my defence and I actually can't see some parts of the screen. But I will accept the fiver none the less.

Do you think that's our root to prosperity ?

Well I'm Irish (the non British kind haha) and not politically or economically educated but I've read a bit today that a no deal would mean no payments paid to leave and trade deals with other countries could start immediately. There's some big down falls too but apparently common sense will prevail in those areas. There's the risk of the EU taking the UK to the Hague for the payments and more too though. "

But the economic backwards step would be gigantic, walking away with nothing, no deals / agreements on anything with no one.

I think there's only 1 nation on the planet that is in that situation, can't remember who though.

I wish it was as simple as walk away and start negotiating trade but unfortunately it's far more complex than that, there's so much of our economy & general living standards through associations / agreements that's linked with / through the EU that to just walk out of.

Our Government so far had painfully shown their totally unable to negotiate anything with another body / country, it's been 2 years since the vote & our government still can't agree on what they want.

Why anyone thinks this will improve magically on a no deal scenario is beyond me

[Removed by poster at 23/07/18 21:33:38]

It looks more than likely there will be a no deal, lets hope the best for northern irelands border.

I dunno why but i feel the northern Irish border will be sorted to a satisfactory point for all sides (I know that actually means no changes to how it is now). I just feel any changes are likely to cause extreme reactions which neither the EU or Britain want. Dunno how they'll agree on it but I think it'll be agreed upon.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

" The brexiters should write out a long wish list of all the things they want and send it to Santa or any imaginary being for that matter .Its their best hope of getting all the things they want "
WE want different things but somehow you seem incapable of grasping this point.

" The brexiters should write out a long wish list of all the things they want and send it to Santa or any imaginary being for that matter .Its their best hope of getting all the things they want WE want different things but somehow you seem incapable of grasping this point."

My guess is this a retort to brexit means brexit, and people knew what they were voting for.

upton wirral

Ok so what do I want from Brexit?

A fair question so I will make it simple as allways.

1 To have complete control of our own courts,to not be answerable to any European court.

2 to have our own human rights nothing to do with Europe

3 To trade with who we want while trading freely with the EU as now so a form of customs union must exist sadly.

4 To control who we let in from the EU and have the right to punish them in our courts under our law.

5 for all security matters,defence matters to have the same multi national collaboration as now,in fact more so.This is common sense

Of course you can nit pick and try to be clever like you remainers try to be but do only make yourself look stupid to be honest

"Ok so what do I want from Brexit?

1 To have complete control of our own courts,to not be answerable to any European court.

3 To trade with who we want while trading freely with the EU as now so a form of customs union must exist sadly.

4 To control who we let in from the EU and have the right to punish them in our courts under our law.

5 for all security matters,defence matters to have the same multi national collaboration as now,in fact more so.This is common sense

Of course you can nit pick and try to be clever like you remainers try to be but do only make yourself look stupid to be honest

"

Fair play for sharing knowing you will be challenged on this. Most others arent as open.

"

Besides a custom union what will the EU get in return for this deal? I'm not on either side just curious about it from both sides.

"

You already had #3, #4, and #5.

#2 is just asking to ignore human rights when it suits, so to fuck with that.

#1 is about the only thing on that list that's not completely awful or unnecessary, but it does stink of being necessary to enact #2, so I guess that's that one out the window.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"

I dont get the desire to junk the ECHR (point2). We were in it long before we joined the EU

I dont get the desire to junk the ECHR (point2). We were in it long before we joined the EU"

ECHR isn't an EU institution, but it's also worth noting that it is an institution that was formed by people like Winston Churchill after the second world war.

With that in mind, you'd have to take a real hard look at what the motivations behind wanting rid of it actually are.

Hint: they won't be good.

Essex

I dont get the desire to junk the ECHR (point2). We were in it long before we joined the EU

ECHR isn't an EU institution, but it's also worth noting that it is an institution that was formed by people like Winston Churchill after the second world war.

With that in mind, you'd have to take a real hard look at what the motivations behind wanting rid of it actually are.

Hint: they won't be good."

You've made my point perfectly. The Council of Europe designed the ECHR and we were one of the first signatories back in 1950. I agree that the desire to leave it has no positives whatsoever.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

I dont get the desire to junk the ECHR (point2). We were in it long before we joined the EU"

It has the word European in it's title. That's a good enough reason for a lot of BREXITers.

The fact the ECHR is nothing to do with the EU and that we'd still have to abide by the UN convention on Human Rights or risk loosing not only our UN Security Council seat but possibly our membership of the UN completely doesn't seem to matter.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

On the thread's title 'Brexit Deal'

There will be a BREXIT Deal and that BREXIT deal will consist of the UK being in some kind of Customs Union with the EU and probably some sort of free trading single market too. They will probably try and disguise this reality by calling the free trading single market and customs union something else to placate the more swivel eyed BREXITers but we will be in them both.

There is no possibility of a no deal exit and never was. If BREXITers had any idea about anything they would be screening not to have a no deal BREXIT, if only because it would mean we would never get the €40+ billion owed to us in returns on our investments in Euro funds over the next 10 years alone. A lot more than the €30 billion.

The whole 'No Deal' senerio being talked up at the moment is all part of the BREXIT 'Project Relief'. It's designed to make everyone, but especially Remainers' so scared of a 'No Deal' exit that any deal will look acceptable in comparison. The strategy is to instill as much fear of a No Deal as possible then, at the last moment come up with a deal. People, especially Remainers', will be so glad of this deal, because in reality any deal is better than no deal, that; instead of comparing the new deal with what we have now and seeing how much worse it is than that, they will be so relieved that at least we have some deal they'll get behind it as the lesser of two evils. Don't be fooled.

They also hope that by delaying the deal until the last possible moment there will be insufficient time to organise any opposition to it, especially with the constant looming fear of an ever closer no deal BREXIT.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

From a personal level ...i could not give a shit ...all talk no action ....we voted out let's get out ...get our heads down arse up and move on...we will be ok and guess what ...people who don't moan work hard get rewards ...jog on xx

"From a personal level ...i could not give a shit ...all talk no action ....we voted out let's get out ...get our heads down arse up and move on...we will be ok and guess what ...people who don't moan work hard get rewards ...jog on xx"

Riveting stuff.

But it is pretty easy to give what is surely a rousing call to arms for the ages, telling everyone to just do the thing when you won't live long enough to see if your hopeful message of "we will be OK" will come to pass.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"From a personal level ...i could not give a shit ...all talk no action ....we voted out let's get out ...get our heads down arse up and move on...we will be ok and guess what ...people who don't moan work hard get rewards ...jog on xx"

Head down, arse up?

Isn't that the position you adopt when you are about to be fucked?

I mean, that may be great on here in this context, but likely not the approach needed to prevent us being any more of a laughing stock of the world.

-Matt

The fact of the matter is that for decades our status as an island has been eroded. With BREXIT, we can begin to act like an island again. Yes we are Europeans, that has nothing to do with the EU, and they cannot take that away from us.

We are connected to the continent by a tunnel, and demographically that should be it. We don’t have much in common with the French, and politically Germany has lost the plot.

I look forward to leaving without an EU deal. Then we can become a totally independent island once again.

Our rules, our independence, our island!

"...people who don't moan work hard get rewards ... xx"

Why don’t people work hard already ?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"

Our rules, our independence, our island!"

ein volk ein reich ein führer!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"From a personal level ...i could not give a shit ...all talk no action ....we voted out let's get out ...get our heads down arse up and move on...we will be ok and guess what ...people who don't moan work hard get rewards ...jog on xx

Head down, arse up?

Isn't that the position you adopt when you are about to be fucked?

I mean, that may be great on here in this context, but likely not the approach needed to prevent us being any more of a laughing stock of the world.

-Matt"

head down arse up is basically the same position when someone head is well and truely in the sand........ its basically the reaction to any negative consequence of brexit with the reply "project fear!!!"

i am just awaiting the realism to kick in... and boy when that happens the shits gonna kick!!

"The fact of the matter is that for decades our status as an island has been eroded. "

Why, have those sneaky Europeans been filling in La Manche?

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

No it isn't. Why would it? The EU party is over. The Euro is collapsing. Even the EU are worried. Italy will be next out.

"No it isn't. Why would it? The EU party is over. The Euro is collapsing. Even the EU are worried. Italy will be next out."

If you say so..

Mind you, people have been saying this kind of shite for years.

Project fear, origins ?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The fact of the matter is that for decades our status as an island has been eroded.

Why, have those sneaky Europeans been filling in La Manche?"

I am surprised they have not suggested bricking up the tunnel yet......

"The fact of the matter is that for decades our status as an island has been eroded.

I am surprised they have not suggested bricking up the tunnel yet......"

What a good idea, well done!

"

ein volk ein reich ein führer!"

That means one people one party one leader. Totally different and you know it...

The French might well do it if we continue acting like petulant children.

The French might well do it if we continue acting like petulant children. "

Even better, let them pay for it!

canterbury

god im scared the world will end when we leave if i listen to the neg vibes ...get over it moan on ...u so negative ...hope to meet u all on here in 5 yrs still moaning...when we leading the old world again and the eu broken up x

upton wirral

"god im scared the world will end when we leave if i listen to the neg vibes ...get over it moan on ...u so negative ...hope to meet u all on here in 5 yrs still moaning...when we leading the old world again and the eu broken up x"

upton wirral

The French might well do it if we continue acting like petulant children. "

Who is acting like petulant children?Think you need to look at the EU and the way they act

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Think you need to look at the EU and the way they act"

The UK voted to leave the EU. Are the EU trying to stop us leaving or something?

Kent

"

That means one people one party one leader. Totally different and you know it... "

Nope, one nation one empire one leader, as any culturally Marxist lefty German language and society student could tell you.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

"Think you need to look at the EU and the way they act

The UK voted to leave the EU. Are the EU trying to stop us leaving or something?"

Yes at every turn they have tried to frustrate and prolong the procedure, they still hope we go cap in hand and say ok were sorry can we rejoin and what do we need to do

Kent

"

Never gets old...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DILBzfbH__8

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"

That means one people one party one leader. Totally different and you know it... "

No, no it doesn't.

Bristol East

"

Yes at every turn they have tried to frustrate and prolong the procedure, they still hope we go cap in hand and say ok were sorry can we rejoin and what do we need to do"

The date of March 29, 2019 was set on March 29, 2017. It hasn't changed.

The procedure is set out in Article 50. What is it about implementing Article 50 they are trying to frustrate or stop?

The UK leaves the EU on March 29 next year.

canterbury

the eu are shit scared that once we go others will follow ...italy and france etc....then the germans will be left holding the weak eu

Bristol East

Here's a thing.

Study the media of other countries in Europe.

Study the big EU-related stories.

Sure, brexit is a big thing here.

It isn't elsewhere.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"god im scared the world will end when we leave if i listen to the neg vibes ...get over it moan on ...u so negative ...hope to meet u all on here in 5 yrs still moaning...when we leading the old world again and the eu broken up x"

Sorry to have to break the news but the old world is gone.

Essex

"The fact of the matter is that for decades our status as an island has been eroded. With BREXIT, we can begin to act like an island again. Yes we are Europeans, that has nothing to do with the EU, and they cannot take that away from us.

We are connected to the continent by a tunnel, and demographically that should be it. We don’t have much in common with the French, and politically Germany has lost the plot.

I look forward to leaving without an EU deal. Then we can become a totally independent island once again.

Our rules, our independence, our island!"

Island status? It's a geographical phenomenon, not a political or cultural construct. It's about as useful an analysis as brexit means brexit

The UK voted to leave the EU. Are the EU trying to stop us leaving or something?

Yes at every turn they have tried to frustrate and prolong the procedure, they still hope we go cap in hand and say ok were sorry can we rejoin and what do we need to do"

"They haven't acquiesced to our every demand right away, they're stalling!"

That's the kind of sharp wit that's got the UK into this fucknado of stupid in the first place.

London

Yes at every turn they have tried to frustrate and prolong the procedure, they still hope we go cap in hand and say ok were sorry can we rejoin and what do we need to do

"They haven't acquiesced to our every demand right away, they're stalling!"

That's the kind of sharp wit that's got the UK into this fucknado of stupid in the first place."

Fucknado of stupid

canterbury

old world not gone its waiting to be discovered again without rules regulations and people telling us when to take a wee xx

"old world not gone its waiting to be discovered again without rules regulations and people telling us when to take a wee xx"

When was the old world ? As I grew up being told i had it easy !

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

It will end up a no deal, don't blame the EU if they stick to there principles. The Brexiters is what they voted for and they will see how they have fucked this country up and the tory morons.

Used to vote tory but not for this bunch of cretins.

London

"old world not gone its waiting to be discovered again without rules regulations and people telling us when to take a wee xx

When was the old world ? As I grew up being told i had it easy !"

It was sometime between yesterday and Queen Elizabeth I. Either way, it is non-recoverable

London

"old world not gone its waiting to be discovered again without rules regulations and people telling us when to take a wee xx"

The past is not a treasure island. You do not need a map, you need retirement.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

60 posts and only one leaver has said what they want from Brexit in an intelligible manner.

That's at least worth noting.

Heard a reporter ask leave voters what they wanted from Brexit a while back now

Sovereignty...and control our borders was the answer

The reporter ask what sovereignty meant... stone wall silence was the defending answer, so to break the silence the reporter then asked how do we take back control of our borders.... umm... we can put soldiers on them

It was quite interesting really

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"What are the most important part of negotiations between Britain and the UK? What does the averge Britain want from this? Not really interested in what the remainers want cause I feel like I have the jist of that. So border control and the right to make their own trade deals? Anything else? "

The information is available both freely and publicy from the official Vote Leave campaign so not sure why you feel the need to ask this in a thread?

Anyhow seeing as you ask the main points were as follows.

1. To end free movement of people from the EU and to fully control our own borders.

A sub clause of this means leaving the single market. Being in the single market means accepting the 4 freedoms of the EU, one of which is free movement of people, the EU have made crystal clear one of their red lines is to keep free movement as a condition of the Single market, our red lines are to end free movement so the only solution available is to leave the single market to end free movement of people. David Cameron did say on just about every public appearance he made during the EU referendum in 2016 that leaving the EU would mean leaving the single market. It was very clear, no ambiguity about it, people knew exactly what they were voting for.

2. To have the freedom to make our own trade deals around the world. Again a sub clause of this means leaving the customs union because if you are in the customs union a condition of that means the EU makes your trade policy and trade deals on your behalf. We want full control now over our own trade policy so this means leaving the customs union.

3. Ending the jurisdiction of the European Court of justice (ECJ) in the UK. We want to have the UK Supreme court as the highest court in the land after Brexit, not a foreign body court like the ECJ, which currently as a member of the EU has oversight and superiority over our own domestic law courts.

4. Ending vast payments of money to the EU. We no longer want to pay the EU an annual membership fee of billions each year. We want control of that money ourselves to spend how we decide on our own priorities, not handing it over to the EU and having them telling us how to spend our own money in our own country.

5. Leave the EU common agricultural policy and the EU common fisheries policy. This is so we can give UK fishermen bigger quotas as they have been getting a raw deal from the EU for decades. The CAP is also deeply flawed in many areas.

6. To also take back our sovereignty and send a clear message to the EU we do not want any further integration with the EU. We don't want unelected clowns like Juncker and Tusk ruling over us, we don't want to join the doomed Euro, and we certainly don't want to be part of any planned EU army.

There are many more aspects and reasons for leaving but the above is just a quick summary of the main points.

"What are the most important part of negotiations between Britain and the UK? What does the averge Britain want from this? Not really interested in what the remainers want cause I feel like I have the jist of that. So border control and the right to make their own trade deals? Anything else?

The information is available both freely and publicy from the official Vote Leave campaign so not sure why you feel the need to ask this in a thread?

1. To end free movement of people from the EU and to fully control our own borders.

A sub clause of this means leaving the single market. Being in the single market means accepting the 4 freedoms of the EU, one of which is free movement of people, the EU have made crystal clear one of their red lines is to keep free movement as a condition of the Single market, our red lines are to end free movement so the only solution available is to leave the single market to end free movement of people. David Cameron did say on just about every public appearance he made during the EU referendum in 2016 that leaving the EU would mean leaving the single market. It was very clear, no ambiguity about it, people knew exactly what they were voting for.

2. To have the freedom to make our own trade deals around the world. Again a sub clause of this means leaving the customs union because if you are in the customs union a condition of that means the EU makes your trade policy and trade deals on your behalf. We want full control now over our own trade policy so this means leaving the customs union.

3. Ending the jurisdiction of the European Court of justice (ECJ) in the UK. We want to have the UK Supreme court as the highest court in the land after Brexit, not a foreign body court like the ECJ, which currently as a member of the EU has oversight and superiority over our own domestic law courts.

4. Ending vast payments of money to the EU. We no longer want to pay the EU an annual membership fee of billions each year. We want control of that money ourselves to spend how we decide on our own priorities, not handing it over to the EU and having them telling us how to spend our own money in our own country.

5. Leave the EU common agricultural policy and the EU common fisheries policy. This is so we can give UK fishermen bigger quotas as they have been getting a raw deal from the EU for decades. The CAP is also deeply flawed in many areas.

6. To also take back our sovereignty and send a clear message to the EU we do not want any further integration with the EU. We don't want unelected clowns like Juncker and Tusk ruling over us, we don't want to join the doomed Euro, and we certainly don't want to be part of any planned EU army.

There are many more aspects and reasons for leaving but the above is just a quick summary of the main points.

"

That people believe this utter bullshit is absolutely soul destroying

Bristol East

"What are the most important part of negotiations between Britain and the UK? What does the averge Britain want from this? Not really interested in what the remainers want cause I feel like I have the jist of that. So border control and the right to make their own trade deals? Anything else?

"

That wasn't on the ballot.

Leave the EU was the choice people picked.

We are.

Next March.

I don't understand why the British nationalists are in such an anxious state.

Just be patient, only 8 months to go.

"

Is this a direct quote or your own work ? Especially the sub clauses.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"

To be fair, Centaur has made an effort to actually respond to the thread. Sort of.

The request was asking what the average leave supporter expects, but he is unable to comprehend that most people didn't care that much before and don't really care that much now except that it's constantly in the news.

It is interesting to go through though.

1. We chose to allow mass immigration. The UK government had full discretion to limit numbers from Eastern Europe. Our choice. True or false? We could have been far more creative in our negotiating. Is the problem that you do not like foreigners? If that's the case it is simple racism. No solution. Is it that they are "taking our jobs"? Pretty well covered. They are doing the jobs we don't want or the ones we don't have the skills to do. Are they overloading the infrastructure of specific areas? Then negotiate with the EU for capital funding to build the capacity necessary rather than loudly demanding something we can't have because we already agreed to it.

2. The "freedom" to make trade deals is also the freedom not to make trade deals. How many has the USA got compared to the EU. We will definitely be giving up international trade on a massive scale for many years. As a much smaller market we have less to attract trade partners. Less of a prize to win. We will be in a weaker negotiating position. Being more "agile" and being able I'll to make deals faster is code for making more compromises.

3. Do most people know what the ECJ is? What it's for? It's a treaty court. It arbitrates on utterly dull matters which relate to interpretation of what is and is not allowed under the terms of the various EU treaties. Can anyone detail a judgement that they have been upset about? Any trade agreement requires an system of dispute resolution which we agree to abide by. In most cases these hearings are closed and nobody knows the outcomes yet it still costs vast amounts of money. Most anger is directed at the European Court of Human Rights. Nothing to do with the EU. Anyway, you don't like the Supreme Court's judgements. They're "enemies of the people" right?

4. Vast payments of money give us access to vast international markets on favourable terms. It allows completely free movement of goods, services, capitol and people in one of the richest and largest markets on the planet with guaranteed standards. It provides economies of scale to share the cost of regulatory bodies that we would have to pay for ourselves. It gives us a powerful international voice both economically and politically which we simply will not on our own.

5. CAP is not something most people know or care about. Fishermen were greedy and sold their quotas. Who's fault is that? It is a tiny proportion of the economy. The UK government has always been able to allocate quota increases to smaller boats but have always allowed them to be bought by large companies. We also sell most of our fish to the EU. China and America don't want our fish shipped to them a month after they've been caught. They have their own much closer of species they like the taste if. The CAP also allows our network of fields that you think of as the countryside. If you don't like it then we will have huge fields without hedges of monoculture to be even vaguely able to compete with international produce from low wage economies. Is the plan to kill the farming industry?

6."Take back our sovereignty"? It's a meaningless, jingoistic phrase. You don't like how our Parliamentary system works. You don't want them to have oversight or hold government to account. You don't want the House of Lords. Any treaty or agreement be it trade or military or anything else by its nature gives up sovereignty. We give up free choice because we have agreed to do certain things and constrain our options to do others. We've not had to join the Euro or an EU army. Not sure why NATO would be different as all that is proposed is a joint command structure. All of our bureaucrats, of which Junker is one, are also unelected. Would you like to vote for our Ambassador to the UN or the head of the civil service?

A list of fictitious terrors of which only immigration has a meaningful effect on the lives of some people.

Good effort though

» Add a new message to this topic