FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > May Takes Control!

May Takes Control!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Is this a good sign, or a step in the wrong direction?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You are so funny x

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Control of what?

Not her cabinet, anyway, nor her party.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

She isn't controlling anything. She'll be out on her ear come September, October at the latest.

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

She couldent control a car park

"Is this a good sign, or a step in the wrong direction? "

Fucking hell! What could possibly go wrong?!

Cambridge

"Control of what?

Not her cabinet, anyway, nor her party."

She is taking control of the Brexit negotiations, castrating her newly appointed Secretary of state, and and entire department.

Cambridge

"She isn't controlling anything. She'll be out on her ear come September, October at the latest. "

Well a big pay rise for the public sector was announced today, the cynical side of me wondered if this was a bung to voters before a snap election.

Bristol East

"

She is taking control of the Brexit negotiations, castrating her newly appointed Secretary of state, and and entire department. "

Is that "strong and stable" control for a "red, white and blue Brexit?"

I cannot recall a PM less in control in my memory, not even in the days when John Major was clinging on. Unless you count the few days that Gordon Brown stayed on at No. 10 until the Dave and Nick love-in came together

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"She isn't controlling anything. She'll be out on her ear come September, October at the latest.

Well a big pay rise for the public sector was announced today, the cynical side of me wondered if this was a bung to voters before a snap election. "

More pay before more tax!

"She isn't controlling anything. She'll be out on her ear come September, October at the latest. "

I thought she was meant to be gone in the week after the Chequers white paper?

Cannock

"She isn't controlling anything. She'll be out on her ear come September, October at the latest.

Well a big pay rise for the public sector was announced today, the cynical side of me wondered if this was a bung to voters before a snap election. "

It doesn't matter who she attempts to bung. She has lost the support of hard Brexit voters, those ukip voters like myself who lent her a vote in good faith at the last general election.

She betrayed us at Chequers. I've also had a gut full of the remain chancellor Philip Hammond. To add fuel to the fire May announced today that her plan means the UK will remain fully under EU law until the end of the transition/implementation period. This is yet another slap in the face of leave voters from May. That should be happening in March 2019 not at the end of the transition. She has already taken a beating in the polls since chequers, now with what she has announced today I expect her to plummet in the polls even more. The knives will be out for her in September when Parliament goes back.

She's giving the good and decent people the soft brexit they want and making sure the swivel eyed extremists are kept at a distance from the responsible adults in the room.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Well a big pay rise for the public sector was announced today, the cynical side of me wondered if this was a bung to voters before a snap election.

It doesn't matter who she attempts to bung. She has lost the support of hard Brexit voters, those ukip voters like myself who lent her a vote in good faith at the last general election.

She betrayed us at Chequers. I've also had a gut full of the remain chancellor Philip Hammond. To add fuel to the fire May announced today that her plan means the UK will remain fully under EU law until the end of the transition/implementation period. This is yet another slap in the face of leave voters from May. That should be happening in March 2019 not at the end of the transition. She has already taken a beating in the polls since chequers, now with what she has announced today I expect her to plummet in the polls even more. The knives will be out for her in September when Parliament goes back. "

Now your a kipper again..

Flip flop flip flop..

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"She's giving the good and decent people the soft brexit they want and making sure the swivel eyed extremists are kept at a distance from the responsible adults in the room. "

And as a result is pleasing no one and getting nowhere.

At least she has now had the good grace to take charge, and so she cannot blame Davis or Raab or anyone else for her failures and she can be booted down the road in September and Johnson or Rees-Mogg can take over and then we can have a proper Brexit at last and a proper Conservative Government.

"She's giving the good and decent people the soft brexit they want and making sure the swivel eyed extremists are kept at a distance from the responsible adults in the room.

At least she has now had the good grace to take charge, and so she cannot blame Davis or Raab or anyone else for her failures and she can be booted down the road in September and Johnson or Rees-Mogg can take over and then we can have a proper Brexit at last and a proper Conservative Government.

"

She's running down the clock.There won't be enough time for them to take power and alter course.There is no appetite for more regime change in the party or the population.Its game over for the brexit extremists.

"She's giving the good and decent people the soft brexit they want and making sure the swivel eyed extremists are kept at a distance from the responsible adults in the room.

"

has she ever blamed her fellow tories ? And have they actually done anything of use to date anyway?

Leeds

The EU have been running down the clock. She will be gone by October, and we will prepare for no deal and in the Spring, at the last minute, following pressure from Mrs Merkel and her car industry in particular, a deal will be offered.

Leeds

has she ever blamed her fellow tories ? And have they actually done anything of use to date anyway?"

She doesn't work like that. She simply puts them in impossible situations so that they have to resign, like Johnson and Davis, or takes away their power like Raab.

Bristol East

"The EU have been running down the clock. She will be gone by October, and we will prepare for no deal and in the Spring, at the last minute, following pressure from Mrs Merkel and her car industry in particular, a deal will be offered."

The leaders this country didn't listen to their captains of industry when it came to UK/EU relations? What makes you think the Germans are different?

I admire your optimism. I’m seeing Uk dithering, Eu planning (and no uk) and very little manufacturing pressure on the Germans.

I’d imagine easy would say we’re both suffering from cognitive bias in this !

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

She betrayed us at Chequers. I've also had a gut full of the remain chancellor Philip Hammond. To add fuel to the fire May announced today that her plan means the UK will remain fully under EU law until the end of the transition/implementation period. This is yet another slap in the face of leave voters from May. That should be happening in March 2019 not at the end of the transition. She has already taken a beating in the polls since chequers, now with what she has announced today I expect her to plummet in the polls even more. The knives will be out for her in September when Parliament goes back. "

if you hate it i should love it.... but i fear that more that the hard line brexiteers push, the closer to referendum 2 we inch...

i didn't vote to have brexiteers basically pushing us over the cliff thelma and louise style.........

Leeds

"The EU have been running down the clock. She will be gone by October, and we will prepare for no deal and in the Spring, at the last minute, following pressure from Mrs Merkel and her car industry in particular, a deal will be offered.

The leaders this country didn't listen to their captains of industry when it came to UK/EU relations? What makes you think the Germans are different?

"

Because of the value of German exports to the UK, in particular cars.

"The EU have been running down the clock. She will be gone by October, and we will prepare for no deal and in the Spring, at the last minute, following pressure from Mrs Merkel and her car industry in particular, a deal will be offered."

Never going to happen.They are already spreading the fear of no deal amongst the masses .Its check mate for the extremists and their silence is telling.

Bristol East

"T

Because of the value of German exports to the UK, in particular cars."

Good luck with that.

EU, we're leaving.

OK, bye.

Er, EU, really we'd like to stay.

We're too important for you to allow us to leave.

Er, bye.

Leeds

"T

Good luck with that.

EU, we're leaving.

OK, bye.

Er, bye.

"

Wait and see. You will be surprised. Very surprised.

in Lancashire

"

Boris and JRM could 'take over' now but they don't have the numbers to challenge her from the party, fact is the Tory party does not want a hard Brexit lest she would have been gone by now..

and they certainly don't appear to want that pair of swivel eyed loons..

"The EU have been running down the clock. She will be gone by October, and we will prepare for no deal and in the Spring, at the last minute, following pressure from Mrs Merkel and her car industry in particular, a deal will be offered.

Because of the value of German exports to the UK, in particular cars."

do you have numbers to support this ? And why wouldn’t uk big business out similar pressure on the uk ?

Bristol East

The UK exports 800,000 cars a year to the EU27.

The EU27 exports 2.3 million cars a year to the UK.

All those vehicles move freely in the single market.

Leave the UK and default to the WTO - all that happens is there is a 10 per cent tax applied at the point of export and import.

Cars made in the UK by UK workers will become relatively cheaper to buy.

Yet you seem to be arguing in favour of the jobs of car workers in Germany.

How peculiar.

Leeds

I said that the Germans would want the EU to do a deal, so that they can keep their lucrative car sales business to the UK going.

I DID NOT SAY THAT THIS WAS A GOOD THING FOR THE UK OR THAT WE SHOULD BUY GERMAN CARS.

It will however lead to the EU offering a deal on proper terms and not take the nonsense position that they are taking now with Barndoor and D*unker.

Especially as the latter is about to go to the USA and have his d*unken backside kicked by Trump when he begs for a Trump to drop the tariffs.

Brexit won’t stop them from doing this. It may take a slice out of it for those who can just about afford a Bmw today ... but on the whole we will end up paying more. Or our companies will !!

And just because we move onto WTO on brexit day 1 doesn’t preclude an FTA on day 2. They may choose to bide their time. Let the other politics play out.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"I said that the Germans would want the EU to do a deal, so that they can keep their lucrative car sales business to the UK going "

More interested in China these days

Cambridge

"I said that the Germans would want the EU to do a deal, so that they can keep their lucrative car sales business to the UK going.

I DID NOT SAY THAT THIS WAS A GOOD THING FOR THE UK OR THAT WE SHOULD BUY GERMAN CARS.

It will however lead to the EU offering a deal on proper terms and not take the nonsense position that they are taking now with Barndoor and D*unker.

Especially as the latter is about to go to the USA and have his d*unken backside kicked by Trump when he begs for a Trump to drop the tariffs."

So why should Greece sign of on the deal? Or Belgium? Or Portugal? All for the sake of the German car industry? You don't think that Italian Fiat, or French Renault, Peugeot or Citroen would like to see the German auto industry taken down a peg or 2?

Leeds

Because who holds the balance of power and runs the EU? And which are bankrupt, tinpot countries, that rely on "Mutty" and will do as they are told?

Cambridge

"Because who holds the balance of power and runs the EU? And which are bankrupt, tinpot countries, that rely on "Mutty" and will do as they are told?"

No one, they all hold a veto.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"T

Good luck with that.

EU, we're leaving.

OK, bye.

Er, bye.

Wait and see. You will be surprised. Very surprised."

80% of cars made in the UK go overseas.....

56% of the cars overseas go to the EU....

sorry.... who has the upper hand again?????

Cambridge

"Because who holds the balance of power and runs the EU? And which are bankrupt, tinpot countries, that rely on "Mutty" and will do as they are told?

No one, they all hold a veto. "

So why should Greece sign of on the deal? Or Belgium? Or Portugal? All for the sake of the German car industry? You don't think that Italian Fiat, or French Renault, Peugeot or Citroen would like to see the German auto industry taken down a peg or 2?

Leeds

The Germans know who their best customer in Europe is. It surely isn't Greece or Romania. That is why they will force D*unker into a trade deal.

That's the point.

"The Germans know who their best customer in Europe is. It surely isn't Greece or Romania. That is why they will force D*unker into a trade deal.

That's the point. "

and how much will their best customer disappear after brexit ? And why would they disappear?

Leeds

Because of potential tariffs.

Cambridge

"The Germans know who their best customer in Europe is. It surely isn't Greece or Romania. That is why they will force D*unker into a trade deal.

That's the point. "

How? Any country and veto it, and MEPs from across the EU also get to vote on the deal.

Germany doesn't control the EU. This is why Brexiters don't understand Brexit, because they are ignorant of the way the EU works.

"Because of potential tariffs."

But they still need cars ? And those who want prestige cars still want prestige.

Cambridge

"Because of potential tariffs."

German cars are seen as status symbols, not cheap cars. If their price increases, so does their value as a status symbol.

Bristol East

German car manufacturers are no more disadvantaged by Brexit than other car manufactures, in the Czech Republic, or Korea, or Japan or wherever. They all need to pay a 10 per cent tax to sell their cars here.

if there is a decline in the sales of foreign cars here, and an increase in sales of UK ones, I thought the leavers would be in dreamland. Make Britain Great again and all that stuff.

Maybe I missed something along the way.

Cannock

She's running down the clock.There won't be enough time for them to take power and alter course.There is no appetite for more regime change in the party or the population.Its game over for the brexit extremists. "

I agree she has run down the clock. However she has a slim majority in the House of Commons. She is reliant on the votes of the ERG lead by Rees Mogg. There is no way the ERG will vote in favour of May's Chequers deal, especially after the EU demand more concessions from her and her red lines turn even more pink than they already have. The deal she comes back with will be unacceptable to the ERG and the ERG will vote against her plan. Labour won't help her out under Corbyn's leadership. So her plan is going to be rejected and voted down by Parliament. She will have to resign then and we will leave with no deal as there won't be enough time to negotiate an alternative.

Leeds

That is exactly what will happen, but then the EU will come up with a last minute deal, as Germany will insist on it.

So there will be a deal, and Rees-Mogg or Johnson in No. 10 and that is just perfect.

Cambridge

"That is exactly what will happen, but then the EU will come up with a last minute deal, as Germany will insist on it.

So there will be a deal, and Rees-Mogg or Johnson in No. 10 and that is just perfect."

Except Germany don't control the EU, as has already been explained to you.

"That is exactly what will happen, but then the EU will come up with a last minute deal, as Germany will insist on it.

So there will be a deal, and Rees-Mogg or Johnson in No. 10 and that is just perfect.

Except Germany don't control the EU, as has already been explained to you. "

and I struggle to see the tories electing in either of these as leaders.

Cannock

Except Germany don't control the EU, as has already been explained to you. and I struggle to see the tories electing in either of these as leaders. "

Really? Current polls show Boris as the most popular candidate amongst grass roots tories. Theresa May's standing as leader has plummeted like a lead balloon since chequers.

Leeds

Except Germany don't control the EU, as has already been explained to you. "

GERMANY CONTROL THE EU. NEVER EVER FORGET THAT.

Leeds

Except Germany don't control the EU, as has already been explained to you. and I struggle to see the tories electing in either of these as leaders.

Really? Current polls show Boris as the most popular candidate amongst grass roots tories. Theresa May's standing as leader has plummeted like a lead balloon since chequers. "

But is Boris or Jacob the best bet?

Kent

"

Really? Current polls show Boris as the most popular candidate amongst grass roots tories. Theresa May's standing as leader has plummeted like a lead balloon since chequers. "

Why do you think he bottled it when Cameron did the off?, it's the parliamentary party that elects a Tory leader not the membership,

"

Well, if you're using capslock, it *must* be true.

Except Germany don't control the EU, as has already been explained to you. and I struggle to see the tories electing in either of these as leaders.

if the polls say otherwise I’m definitely right !

I’m terrible at judging the mood music... but i can’t see JRM. My best bet would be gove after all this. Just because he’s less tainitee by the last 18 months.

Kent

"

"

And after all these years of being told it was unelected bureaucrats!

Cambridge

"

How? Through what mechanism?

1. Do they have more MEPs than the other countries combined?

2. Are they the only country with a veto?

3. Do they have more commissioners than the other countries combined?

4. Are only German judges allowed to serve on the ECJ?

5. Do they have special powers that no other country has?

Answer those 5 questions if you can.

Cannock

"

Really? Current polls show Boris as the most popular candidate amongst grass roots tories. Theresa May's standing as leader has plummeted like a lead balloon since chequers.

Why do you think he bottled it when Cameron did the off?, it's the parliamentary party that elects a Tory leader not the membership, "

Boris didn't 'bottle it'. He was stabbed in the back during the leadership race by Gove.

in Lancashire

And still he does not as yet have the numbers..

yes of course that could change but he knew what the writing on the wall was when he had his chance post Cameron dropping the brexit baby for him to pick up, conveniently he got shafted by Gove..

Boris has to be more than popular with his colleagues in Westminster to be elected as leader and thus far that popularity has failed to materialise..

History shows that the Tories don't go for the person some see as 'popular'..

"

Why do you think he bottled it when Cameron did the off?, it's the parliamentary party that elects a Tory leader not the membership,

Boris didn't 'bottle it'. He was stabbed in the back during the leadership race by Gove. "

Not being able to see an obvious betrayal coming a mile off is bottling it.

Bojo is as thick as he is cowardly.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Bojo is too chicken shit and JRM is a cartoon so that rules him out. Looks like you're stuck with May and her strong and stable, Red, White and blue Brexit meaning Brexit and a bus of lies. Do you feel a bit silly? Even a bit?

Kent

"

Boris didn't 'bottle it'. He was stabbed in the back during the leadership race by Gove. "

He sniffed what way the wind was blowing, smelt the bucket of shit with his name on it, and bottled it

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

To answer the thread; it's a better idea than the shambles so far.

She has publicly made every statement and drawn every red line that the most arch Brexiteer has demanded. Every outward facing office of state has been held by a Brexiteer.

We are nowhere. There is no plan. If there is I would like a leave supporter to show it to me. Where is the link to the .gov web page that tells us what you voted for?

She has, finally and belatedly, taken back control. This is what it looks like.

This is Brexit meaning Brexit without the oversight of Parliament that leavers were clamouring for.

Nobody knows what it was then and nobody knows what it is now.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Boris Johnson is a cretin with his band of merry followers.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

could not control her bladder x

And yet she's the best of the sorry sack of fucks that make up the Tory's.

Cambridge

How? Through what mechanism?

1. Do they have more MEPs than the other countries combined?

2. Are they the only country with a veto?

3. Do they have more commissioners than the other countries combined?

4. Are only German judges allowed to serve on the ECJ?

5. Do they have special powers that no other country has?

Answer those 5 questions if you can. "

Can any brexiter answer those 5 questions? Maybe help Andy out a little bit? He seems to be struggling.

Cannock

"To answer the thread; it's a better idea than the shambles so far.

She has publicly made every statement and drawn every red line that the most arch Brexiteer has demanded. Every outward facing office of state has been held by a Brexiteer.

We are nowhere. There is no plan. If there is I would like a leave supporter to show it to me. Where is the link to the .gov web page that tells us what you voted for?

This is Brexit meaning Brexit without the oversight of Parliament that leavers were clamouring for.

Nobody knows what it was then and nobody knows what it is now. "

just how naive are you?

David Davis was working on his own Brexit white paper as Brexit secretary with Steve Baker in DExEU, up until Chequers where Theresa May pulled out her own secret white paper apparently from thin air that no one knew about. It's since come to light that Theresa May had been circumventing the Department for exiting the EU and she had her own remain assistant Olly Robbins working on this chequers plan behind the scenes and behind David Davis back. I think the Remain Chancellor Philip Hammond has also had a hand in it. It's also been suggested by Tory ministers that Theresa May had shown Angela Merkel the chequers plan before she revealed it to cabinet at Chequers (if true there is your evidence of who really controls the EU). The whole thing stinks to high heaven of a remain stitch up.

As for your other points yes she publicly stated red lines set by Brexiters which SHE hasn't stuck to. There is an alternative plan, it's the Brexit White paper David Davis and Steve Baker were working on in DExEU when Davis was Brexit secretary. There is no link to David Davis white paper on a government website because Theresa May came up with her own Soft Brexit alternative plan with Olly Robbins which is the Chequers plan.

Theresa May will pay a heavy price for all of this in the autumn because Brexiters will have their revenge by voting against her chequers plan in Parliament. Labour will not come to May's aid either. Theresa May is finished!

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"

Wow you know people can read what type on here?

Kent

"Theresa May is finished!"

I think she knew that from the minute she took the job.

"Is this a good sign, or a step in the wrong direction? "

She's unable to control anything at the moment so I don't see anything changing now.

Wow you know people can read what type on here?"

The one thing brexiteers fear is having brexit taken away from them, and they'll pledge loyalty to any gobshite that'll promise it to them.

And then on them just as quickly.

Remember - May was the chosen one, until she wasn't.

Newcastle and Gateshead

So there will be a deal, and Rees-Mogg or Johnson in No. 10 and that is just perfect."

there is no "last minute" option....

from the eu withdrawl bill....

(10)Subsection (11) applies if, at the end of 21 January 2019, there is no agreement in principle in negotiations under Article 50(2) of the Treaty on European Union on the substance of—

(a)the arrangements for the United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the EU, and

(b)the framework for the future relationship between the EU and the United Kingdom after withdrawal.

(11)A Minister of the Crown must, within the period of five days beginning with the end of 21 January 2019—

(a)make a statement setting out how Her Majesty’s Government proposes to proceed, and

(b)make arrangements for—

(i)a motion in neutral terms, to the effect that the House of Commons has considered the matter of the statement mentioned in paragraph (a), to be moved in that House by a Minister of the Crown within the period of five Commons sitting days beginning with the end of 21 January 2019, and

(ii)a motion for the House of Lords to take note of the statement mentioned in paragraph (a) to be moved in that House by a Minister of the Crown within the period of five Lords sitting days beginning with the end of 21 January 2019.

..... basically what that means if nothing is in place by jan 21st... that is when you are going to see the real fireworks.... and the proposal of ref 2....

in Lancashire

just how naive are you?

David Davis was working on his own Brexit white paper as Brexit secretary with Steve Baker in DExEU, up until Chequers where Theresa May pulled out her own secret white paper apparently from thin air that no one knew about. It's since come to light that Theresa May had been circumventing the Department for exiting the EU and she had her own remain assistant Olly Robbins working on this chequers plan behind the scenes and behind David Davis back. I think the Remain Chancellor Philip Hammond has also had a hand in it. It's also been suggested by Tory ministers that Theresa May had shown Angela Merkel the chequers plan before she revealed it to cabinet at Chequers (if true there is your evidence of who really controls the EU). The whole thing stinks to high heaven of a remain stitch up.

As for your other points yes she publicly stated red lines set by Brexiters which SHE hasn't stuck to. There is an alternative plan, it's the Brexit White paper David Davis and Steve Baker were working on in DExEU when Davis was Brexit secretary. There is no link to David Davis white paper on a government website because Theresa May came up with her own Soft Brexit alternative plan with Olly Robbins which is the Chequers plan.

Theresa May will pay a heavy price for all of this in the autumn because Brexiters will have their revenge by voting against her chequers plan in Parliament. Labour will not come to May's aid either. Theresa May is finished! "

Despite your ever desperate hope, you actually don't have anything other than wishful thinking to go on..

faced with pushing the country into a no deal by not supporting May, Labour MP's apart from a few will not endorse Corbyn if and its a big if he decides to try and run the whips to force it..

Labour have sat on the fence as the Tories have ripped each other apart but pushing the country into the disaster of a no deal will focus individual MP's..

told you over a year ago this would be a fudge and you should be prepared to accept that you will not get the brexit you thought you would, maybe its time for you to look in the OED at pragmatism..

Cannock

just how naive are you?

Theresa May will pay a heavy price for all of this in the autumn because Brexiters will have their revenge by voting against her chequers plan in Parliament. Labour will not come to May's aid either. Theresa May is finished!

Despite your ever desperate hope, you actually don't have anything other than wishful thinking to go on..

faced with pushing the country into a no deal by not supporting May, Labour MP's apart from a few will not endorse Corbyn if and its a big if he decides to try and run the whips to force it..

Labour have sat on the fence as the Tories have ripped each other apart but pushing the country into the disaster of a no deal will focus individual MP's..

told you over a year ago this would be a fudge and you should be prepared to accept that you will not get the brexit you thought you would, maybe its time for you to look in the OED at pragmatism.. "

We shall see if Theresa May gets her plan through parliament in the autumn.

The ERG within the Conservative party will vote against her plan. Labour MP's who have a sniff of power will vote against Theresa May's plan. We shall see who is right....

Even if your scenario comes to fruition and May gets her soft brexit deal through Parliament, then the tories will face a reckoning and a backlash from the electorate at the next general election the like of which has never been seen before in this country. It'll make John Major's wipeout in 1997 look like a walk in the park. Bring on ukip Mk 2.

But the fudge of Brexit would have happened by then, nobody will have got what the wanted, just shite all round.

in Lancashire

just how naive are you?

told you over a year ago this would be a fudge and you should be prepared to accept that you will not get the brexit you thought you would, maybe its time for you to look in the OED at pragmatism..

We shall see if Theresa May gets her plan through parliament in the autumn.

The ERG within the Conservative party will vote against her plan. Labour MP's who have a sniff of power will vote against Theresa May's plan. We shall see who is right....

Even if your scenario comes to fruition and May gets her soft brexit deal through Parliament, then the tories will face a reckoning and a backlash from the electorate at the next general election the like of which has never been seen before in this country. It'll make John Major's wipeout in 1997 look like a walk in the park. Bring on ukip Mk 2. "

none of which if she does get the deal done will lead to yet another referendum for several generations if at all, not mk 2 or mk 3 etc..

West London

just how naive are you?

Theresa May will pay a heavy price for all of this in the autumn because Brexiters will have their revenge by voting against her chequers plan in Parliament. Labour will not come to May's aid either. Theresa May is finished! "

Oh. It's secret plan.

I'm reassured.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"She's giving the good and decent people the soft brexit they want and making sure the swivel eyed extremists are kept at a distance from the responsible adults in the room. "

So just remember that....when the deal is totally fucked up it was the 'good and decent people', the remainers, that wanted it.

So just remember that....when the deal is totally fucked up it was the 'good and decent people', the remainers, that wanted it."

How the hell do you work that one out

Remainers don't want any of it if you hadn't noticed.

Newcastle and Gateshead

So just remember that....when the deal is totally fucked up it was the 'good and decent people', the remainers, that wanted it."

are you trying to suggest that the 52% who voted to leave wanted the "rees mogg" version of brexit......

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

So just remember that....when the deal is totally fucked up it was the 'good and decent people', the remainers, that wanted it.

are you trying to suggest that the 52% who voted to leave wanted the "rees mogg" version of brexit......

"

I'm suggesting that what we're heading for is a remainer's version of Brexit... Still in customs union, still in single market, still taking laws from the EU, still with ECJ supreme, still accepting free movement, still making contributions, etc. It can be no other way with May, Robbins and a whole bunch of other remainers leading Brexit. We'll be leaving, but in name only - which will please nobody except the politicians.

just how naive are you?

Has there been any sight of this white paper ? I have little faith in DD since the impact assessments. I would also have hoped he would have had a white paper finished by now. Or at least he could talk about the content.

West London

I'm suggesting that what we're heading for is a remainer's version of Brexit... Still in customs union, still in single market, still taking laws from the EU, still with ECJ supreme, still accepting free movement, still making contributions, etc. It can be no other way with May, Robbins and a whole bunch of other remainers leading Brexit. We'll be leaving, but in name only - which will please nobody except the politicians."

So what should it look like? There's n entire thread available to write your list?

You aren't moaning though, right?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

It could be the beginning of the end of liberal Britain. If this all turns into a horrific "Not in the EU but still in the EU" deal things i fear will go further right.

in Lancashire

"It could be the beginning of the end of liberal Britain. If this all turns into a horrific "Not in the EU but still in the EU" deal things i fear will go further right. "

That is a distinct and worrying possibility, the blame game will internalise and further division will ensue..

Newcastle and Gateshead

this post annoyed the hell out of me... and for the life of me i couldn't figure out why last night... but i got up this morning and it struck me

the leavers are already looking for other people to blame, its never "them" its always others... its the EU, its the remainers, its may

victimhood for the same of victimhood....

see... if the government are planning to stockpile medicines for their lovely no deal brexit (which i am sure a lot of people actually wanted all along!) and they scream "project fear!"...... thats not project fear anymore.... thats planning for a reality!

then the admission came yesterday that the government are planning on stockpiling canned food goods..... and again brexiteers scream "project fear"..... thats not project fear anymore.... thats planning for a reality!!!

more and more of these planning stories are going to come out..... and everytime they will scream "project fear" but yet....they are planning for realities....

the potential of turning stretches of the m26 in kent into a lorry park!!! the issues with flights..... the issues with driving licenses being used overseas!!!

project fear... project fear... project fear!!!

or planning for realities???

just wait till the easter and summer holidays in 19 when people are in spain or portugal or greece for example and something happens and the health cover that was there before now isn't!

they were sold the pup that they would get and keep everything they wanted, and just shed the stuff they didn't like....

they were told there would be no bad consequences to brexit......

well now.... i have always said that the time we will finally come together is when those hardline brexiteers finally get real and start telling the truth

lets start with a simple one.....

"with the good will come the bad!"

when they recognising that, that will be the 1st true step... acknowledging the bad!!!

i have hope that day is coming... when i see it from _eedsandy, and centy, and ben.e, and jands, then i will start to believe

Bristol East

If you look throughout history, societies go through convulsions when inequality is at its greatest.

That can be lurches to the extreme right or the extreme left, preceded by the scapegoating of all society's ills on some sort of bogeyman.

Britain in modern times has never veered too far from the centre ground - a little to the right, then a little to the left.

I agree there is a risk of a lurch a bit further to the right than before. A small one.

I am finding it hard to predict what might happen when the penny drops and a significant portion of the electorate realise the EU was not the root cause of our problems.

No doubt a new set of demagogues will pop up and find someone else convenient to blame.

this post annoyed the hell out of me... and for the life of me i couldn't figure out why last night... but i got up this morning and it struck me

the leavers are already looking for other people to blame, its never "them" its always others... its the EU, its the remainers, its may

see... if the government are planning to stockpile medicines for their lovely no deal brexit (which i am sure a lot of people actually wanted all along!) and they scream "project fear!"...... thats not project fear anymore.... thats planning for a reality!

then the admission came yesterday that the government are planning on stockpiling canned food goods..... and again brexiteers scream "project fear"..... thats not project fear anymore.... thats planning for a reality!!!

more and more of these planning stories are going to come out..... and everytime they will scream "project fear" but yet....they are planning for realities....

the potential of turning stretches of the m26 in kent into a lorry park!!! the issues with flights..... the issues with driving licenses being used overseas!!!

just wait till the easter and summer holidays in 19 when people are in spain or portugal or greece for example and something happens and the health cover that was there before now isn't!

they were sold the pup that they would get and keep everything they wanted, and just shed the stuff they didn't like....

well now.... i have always said that the time we will finally come together is when those hardline brexiteers finally get real and start telling the truth

when they recognising that, that will be the 1st true step... acknowledging the bad!!!

i have hope that day is coming... when i see it from _eedsandy, and centy, and ben.e, and jands, then i will start to believe"

Well said sir .

Of course they will blame remainers and if there is violence and a murder if another MP by the far right they will blame us .You can see them now predicting the far right will now rise .It's important to realise it is not us that will become extremist but them.They will have a choice to get behind extremists or not.

It probably wasn't lost on the leavers the language I used in my post The day after brexit Nigel said "It is a victory for real people, a victory for ordinary people, a victory for decent people”.

in Lancashire

"If you look throughout history, societies go through convulsions when inequality is at its greatest.

That can be lurches to the extreme right or the extreme left, preceded by the scapegoating of all society's ills on some sort of bogeyman.

Britain in modern times has never veered too far from the centre ground - a little to the right, then a little to the left.

I agree there is a risk of a lurch a bit further to the right than before. A small one.

I am finding it hard to predict what might happen when the penny drops and a significant portion of the electorate realise the EU was not the root cause of our problems.

No doubt a new set of demagogues will pop up and find someone else convenient to blame.

"

Reality starting to if not yet bite but to be showing its teeth..

Asking for the impossible and copping the ache when one can't have it is not an endearing trait..

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

i have hope that day is coming... when i see it from _eedsandy, and centy, and ben.e, and jands, then i will start to believe"

fucking hell _abio you woke up this morning aching for a speech btw that was a great speech hats of to you I thought you were going to end it with I HAVE A DREAM lol but you have to make yr mind up a few days back you were predicting no flights for summer 19 can’t have it both ways mate it’s either one or the other

At a minimum breixiters should adopt the hero's journey. Go away into exile, things will be bad for a while, lessons will be learned, growth and progression ensues and the hero returns triumphant, stronger than ever.

All at the cost of a few failed generations. Then again, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. With a little (a lot!) of planning and pragmatism brexit could have been well executed and could have been a good idea.

Is it too late?

Step 1 is take responsibility for your actions and take the pain and problems those actions bring.

Newcastle and Gateshead

the flights thing....

I have never said there would be no flights... i am not one of them and never been in that camp!.. nope, not me!

what do i think will happen with flights?

I think there will be less flights because the EU wont give british carriers the same amount of slots thru EU airspace as they do now... and the UK can't really retaliate because it would mean less flights again...

less landing slots to the US as their government have already indicated, which will means less flights to/from the us and because they will only have a smaller window for their flights to go from uk airspace straight into international airspace, it will mean flight will have to carry extra fuel, so i expect flights to the americas and the carribbean to go up in price....

flights going east..... absolutely at the mercy of the EU and openskies... foreign carriers will be able to come in and out....brittish carriers may not

you could end up crippling the likes of BA, or Virgin long haul.... and Easyjet and Ryanair shorthaul

in fact the only winners air wise from brexit may be eurostar... because it may be easier to catch a train to paris, brussels and amsterdam and then fly from there!!!

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

A great snippet from James O’Brien’s LBC show of some caller trying to blame brexit on remainders. Let’s just say James didn’t mince his words on his reply.

-Matt

Raab got a text live in the commons saying he lost his position, was it may? Lol.

» Add a new message to this topic