FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Taxi Drivers driving with no relevant CRB Checks!

Taxi Drivers driving with no relevant CRB Checks!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *madeus999 OP   Man  over a year ago

Greater Manchester

Manchester is a melting pot for this.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Surely that’s up to the council who issues the licences.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Uber I believe now makes its drivers have a crb check

Greater Manchester

I have heard that and right to do, it's almost an offence in this city to have an opinion on the subject.

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I think the no CRB check might be the least of people's problems with taxi drivers.

Usually their driving style, lack of driving skills, their death-trap vehicle and make the fare up on the spot, are far more of a problem than a piece of paper which says that they don't have any convictions which are not yet "spent".

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

I find the notion of vetting or CRB checks laughable -all it proves is that a person hasn't been caught out for criminal/ inapropriate behaviour -just look at the John Worboys case as an example of how they are completely useless. believe it or not, some people are actually reformed by a spell of correctional supervision (which I would have thought was the intention) but yet they are precluded from ever working in a sector due to being tarred by the brush of public perception.

Greater Manchester

Mind you, some of them do look unshaven, scruffy drivers! with poor commands of the language,no deodorant on them either. I don't think this is a solitary opinion.

Leeds

"Mind you, some of them do look unshaven, scruffy drivers! with poor commands of the language,no deodorant on them either. I don't think this is a solitary opinion. "

Who spend the whole of the journey jabbering away into their mobile phone. Albeit hands-free, but clearly distracted by it, whilst you stare at the dashboard lit up like a Christmas tree, by all the warning lights.

Greater Manchester

While Aljazerra radio is playing, gosh that's an attempt to put you at ease isn't it????

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

No such thing as CRBs anymore, it's DBS now.

Are taxi drivers routinely checked in other parts of the country?

Leeds

Every taxi driver should be checked, and subject to an enhanced driving test. It should be illegal for them to take a phone call when they have fare-paying passengers, and their cars should be removed from taxi work when there is any defect with it, like they do with black cabs in London.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"No such thing as CRBs anymore, it's DBS now.

Are taxi drivers routinely checked in other parts of the country? "

Taxi drivers in Bolton have been found to be operating under licenses obtained in Rochdale, because they lost their licence under Boltons council and couldn't get a renewal. There needs to be a national scheme, not something cobbled together by different local governments. There have been some seriously undesirable people found driving minicabs in Bolton because of this.

Greater Manchester

So is there no media attention incase it stirs up local tension?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I took a CRB course a number of years ago. The copper that ran it agreed with my comment that it just means you haven’t been caught yet. Same with the current DBS.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"I took a CRB course a number of years ago. The copper that ran it agreed with my comment that it just means you haven’t been caught yet. Same with the current DBS. "

Standard DBS checks show convictions (spent and unspent), cautions,reprimands and final warnings held in police records. Enhanced checks show anything else in addition to the standard check that police might be aware of. But, if someone has been below the police radar, youre right, theyre utterly useless

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Are taxi drivers routinely checked in other parts of the country? "

Only certain councils vet there drivers some to a greater degree than other.Here on the Wirral which is meant to have one of the toughest vetting procedures in the Uk,there only ever a few problems although there seems to be a bias towards migrants for badges which is very very wrong.

This is NOT a racial comment but every driver surely should speak good English and know the area.

At one time you had to pass the knowledge for private hire as well as hacks but now a sat nav will do this is so so wrong.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Are taxi drivers routinely checked in other parts of the country? Only certain councils vet there drivers some to a greater degree than other.Here on the Wirral which is meant to have one of the toughest vetting procedures in the Uk,there only ever a few problems although there seems to be a bias towards migrants for badges which is very very wrong.

This is NOT a racial comment but every driver surely should speak good English and know the area.

At one time you had to pass the knowledge for private hire as well as hacks but now a sat nav will do this is so so wrong."

I find it doubtful that there is a bias as you claim towards migrants. What additional barriers are imposed on British nationals which are not imposed on migrants?

» Add a new message to this topic