FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Corbyn and the Jewish issue

Corbyn and the Jewish issue

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

brecon

Is his time up, now his deputy is calling for the Labour Party to adopt the full definition of Anti-Semitism, but Corbyn still wont bend?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

I think we saw peak Corbyn at the last general election. It's downhill all the way for him now.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

I think it's a shame. He's in the right. He should tell people who can't distinguish between anti semitism and honest criticism of a country's treatment of the population of a state that it has illegally occupied to "get fucked".

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

brecon

I can see why he wont bend, the full statement tends to mean people he has aligned himself with, both in the past and currently, would fall foul of it, but surely he should accept this, and distance himself from them, by not doing so he is dragging the Labour Party down.

By *thlonedaddyMan  over a year ago

Athlone

Here here. U not allowed say anything about Israel because of the holocaust. Anyone who supports them especially Jews are hyocrtites

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Does everyone here agree that no matter what they do, Israel can never ever be compared to the Nazis? Even if they set up concentration camps, tattoo numbers onto people and made religious groups wear armbands, that even if they did all that, that YOU would be the person in the wrong, the anti-Semitic one for pointing out the similarities. To me, that seems nuts.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Does everyone here agree that no matter what they do, Israel can never ever be compared to the Nazis? Even if they set up concentration camps, tattoo numbers onto people and made religious groups wear armbands, that even if they did all that, that YOU would be the person in the wrong, the anti-Semitic one for pointing out the similarities. To me, that seems nuts. "

Fuck NO!

That's like saying that anyone who was abused as a child should have a totally free pass if they go on to become abusers as adults!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Does everyone here agree that no matter what they do, Israel can never ever be compared to the Nazis? Even if they set up concentration camps, tattoo numbers onto people and made religious groups wear armbands, that even if they did all that, that YOU would be the person in the wrong, the anti-Semitic one for pointing out the similarities. To me, that seems nuts. "

Precisely.

I hate to say it, but it comes across as a form of speech censorship o at the very least restriction.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

I do not believe for a minute that Corbyn is anti-semitic, or in any way racist. But I do believe his handling of this concerted attack - some of it justified, some of it smear - shows up weakness in his leadership abilities and strategic thinking.

Israel deserves to be criticised for its occupation of Palestine and the implications of its new Nation State law for the two-state solution. It is possible - and entirely legitimate to do that - without someone throwing the race-hate card at you.

By *rSensualMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The anti-Semitism thing isn't that big in Scotland or important.

Going by latest polls he is set to be wiped out completely up here he has never bothered to listen to Scottish Labour and most think his time has come to hand over to someone else the leadership.

I think those that criticise him most are grateful because while he's being labelled racist they are not .Its very useful for the right.

Standard practice for those on the dark side .

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"I think those that criticise him most are grateful because while he's being labelled racist they are not .Its very useful for the right.

Standard practice for those on the dark side . "

Some of the loudest criticism is from within his own party!

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

I saw a funny poster on the news at the weekend...

Labour, for the many, not the jew.

Made me chuckle.

Right or wrong, Corbyn has thrown himself under the bus with his mildly anti Zionist stance. It is too late now to recant, all that would do would be to make him look weak.

Still, on for a shekel....

"

Standard practice for those on the dark side . "

Racist lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

He's not saying that there will not be further changes to their approach. And they have made it absolutely clear why they chose the definition that they did - so very forthcoming.

The issue is one inflamed by right wing media and groups, so there is just a continuation of the bashing Corbyn theme that has been over-done since his election. If this different definition had harmed anyone, he would have acted very quickly. But no one has been harmed by this - it's the equivalent of trolling.

I'd manage it differently, ensuring a change for the conference season. It perhaps would help to simplify all hate and bias definitions, so they're more slimline and inclusive.

But all parties should be free to criticize other nation states, including Israel, which should support Palestine being recognised as a nation state too. My Jewish roots are an embarrassment, to the lengths attempted to perpetuate discomfort, rather than live cleanly and simply.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

The political right (including the Blairite torylite new labour enterists) are shitting themselves because they know that if JC becomes PM the 40 year gravy train they have been riding is coming off the rails and they are going to find themselves having to pay their fair share. As a result the media they own and control has been running the most toxic, sustained and dishonest, politically biased misinformation campaign since he was first elected leader of the Labour Party.

This is just the latest incarnation of that campaign.

The funny thing is that if JC is anti-semitic because of his objections to the actions of Israel then so is the UN Security Council and General Assembly. Oh wait according to Israel they are...

I seem to remember that 1930's Germany under Hitler and the Nazis said similar about the League of Nations. Is this another parallel?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I lose count of the things that JC has been accused of now.

At various points he has apparently been (beyond question): An IRA sympathiser, a supporter of Hezbollah and Hamas, a Czech spy, a Russian agent, an anti-Semite, a dangerously naive pacifist, a Trotskyist, a Stalinist.....

And he does all that and still has time to grow marrows...

Oh and let's not forget the support for Nelson Mandela when he was still a dangerous terrorist and not yet a liberator....

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I lose count of the things that JC has been accused of now.

At various points he has apparently been (beyond question): An IRA sympathiser, a supporter of Hezbollah and Hamas, a Czech spy, a Russian agent, an anti-Semite, a dangerously naive pacifist, a Trotskyist, a Stalinist.....

And he does all that and still has time to grow marrows...

Oh and let's not forget the support for Nelson Mandela when he was still a dangerous terrorist and not yet a liberator...."

and its perfectly fine for Bojo to write this https://t.co/nUYXDRq2qo

By *ocketman99Man  over a year ago

fermanagh

"Is his time up, now his deputy is calling for the Labour Party to adopt the full definition of Anti-Semitism, but Corbyn still wont bend?"

I’d the Labour Party adopt that pathetic definition of antisemitism the party will split!! It will be the best news for the conservatives ever!!

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

Zionism is ruining the LP & Free Speech in the UK.

By *airy_HettyWoman  over a year ago

Greater London

"The political right (including the Blairite torylite new labour enterists) are shitting themselves because they know that if JC becomes PM the 40 year gravy train they have been riding is coming off the rails and they are going to find themselves having to pay their fair share. As a result the media they own and control has been running the most toxic, sustained and dishonest, politically biased misinformation campaign since he was first elected leader of the Labour Party.

This is just the latest incarnation of that campaign.

The funny thing is that if JC is anti-semitic because of his objections to the actions of Israel then so is the UN Security Council and General Assembly. Oh wait according to Israel they are...

I seem to remember that 1930's Germany under Hitler and the Nazis said similar about the League of Nations. Is this another parallel?"

Funny ya should mention all that...

» Add a new message to this topic