FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The End of Info Wars

The End of Info Wars

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Info Wars and other channels asaociated with Alex Jones have been removed from Facebook and YouTube.

A sensible step, or censorship? Is this an affront to free speech, or should companies be allowed to decide who can use their platforms?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Facebook should be removed from the planet

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

I've never took the time to watch or listen to any of this Jones guys videos. Is he that incendery that censorship is required.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

I would hardly call it censorship.

Facebook and YouTube are privately owned companies and not obliged to give everyone a platform.

It's a bit like me saying I'm being censored if I write to The Times and they don't publish it.

Alex Jones is free to start his own newspaper/website if he so chooses.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

they have gone with their opinion, no doubt after extensive consultation with their lawyers that he and the site are peddling hate..

he's already being taken to court according to Fabio over comments he has made about the victims of the Sandy Hook mass shooting..

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"I would hardly call it censorship.

Facebook and YouTube are privately owned companies and not obliged to give everyone a platform.

It's a bit like me saying I'm being censored if I write to The Times and they don't publish it.

Alex Jones is free to start his own newspaper/website if he so chooses."

Alex Jones already has his own website. It's called info wars. The stuff on YouTube and Facebook is just transferred from the main site to those other platforms.

Facebook is going down the tubes anyway. Just last week Zuckerberg lost $15 billion as Facebook shares tumbled. Alex Jones had millions of followers on Facebook and YouTube, those users will just get the info wars content from other platforms instead. It'll be Facebook and YouTube who end up losing those millions of users at the end of the day.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I went to a conference the other day that said Facebook is just for old people now (I surreptitiously deactivated the cheeky bastards)

This just allows Alex to spout more shit and go super Male vitality brain force over it. It’s will all be one big globalist conspiracy etc

I’m too busy watching poor old Brian Harvey and his struggle at the moment.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Info Wars and other channels asaociated with Alex Jones have been removed from Facebook and YouTube.

A sensible step, or censorship? Is this an affront to free speech, or should companies be allowed to decide who can use their platforms? "

I think it’s an interesting question. In general I support free speech for people to say anything they want. But free speech includes my right to call them out on their bigoted bullshit.

As for companies that provide a platform for bigots, such as The Express, Daily Mail, etc boycot is the best solution, groups like Stop Funding Hate help to organise.

Then there’s stuff like LBC that gives a platform to people like Katie Hopkins (I know she’s gone now), and Farage. Again boycott is the answer.

I think the same applies to Facebook and YouTube. Just don’t go on these pages, or even better don’t go on these platforms at all. Removing this bigoted hate speech from the sites just moves it somewhere else. There’s some rival of twitter, I forget the name, where all the far right types go now, and they have no hate speech rules, so they post all their mindless crap there.

I suppose the real solution is education, although I have no idea how you would go about that.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Info Wars and other channels asaociated with Alex Jones have been removed from Facebook and YouTube.

A sensible step, or censorship? Is this an affront to free speech, or should companies be allowed to decide who can use their platforms? "

The idea that a private company is censoring anything is ridiculous. Every individual or business has the right to refuse access to any services they provide without giving a reason. If Jones and his supporters want they can set up their own platform and if they can't find an internet host or portal supplier supplier they can set those up too. Of course that would be financially extremely expensive and need masses of brainpower and I doubt that Jones and his supporters would ever be able attract enough of either. Only when Sovereign States start banning Jones will there be censorship.

So all told good riddance to bad rubbish.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 06/08/18 23:31:12]

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Alex Jones already has his own website. It's called info wars. The stuff on YouTube and Facebook is just transferred from the main site to those other platforms.

Facebook is going down the tubes anyway. Just last week Zuckerberg lost $15 billion as Facebook shares tumbled. Alex Jones had millions of followers on Facebook and YouTube, those users will just get the info wars content from other platforms instead. It'll be Facebook and YouTube who end up losing those millions of users at the end of the day. "

Nope. Those followers will still use Facebook to message their hillbilly mates and use Youtube to watch hunting videos.

Cannock

A sensible step, or censorship? Is this an affront to free speech, or should companies be allowed to decide who can use their platforms?

The idea that a private company is censoring anything is ridiculous. Every individual or business has the right to refuse access to any services they provide without giving a reason. If Jones and his supporters want they can set up their own platform and if they can't find an internet host or portal supplier supplier they can set those up too. Of course that would be financially extremely expensive and need masses of brainpower and I doubt that Jones and his supporters would ever be able attract enough of either. Only when Sovereign States start banning Jones will there be censorship.

So all told good riddance to bad rubbish."

I wonder how long it will last? A recent example was Virgin trains banning the sale of the Daily Mail, then Richard Branson did a complete u-turn about a week later and started to sell it again after it turned into a PR disaster for him.

By *eedsandyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Even more odd is the fact that they gave away the Mail free in 1st class on the West Coast, but on the East Coast it was The Times.

Cambridge

Facebook is going down the tubes anyway. Just last week Zuckerberg lost $15 billion as Facebook shares tumbled. Alex Jones had millions of followers on Facebook and YouTube, those users will just get the info wars content from other platforms instead. It'll be Facebook and YouTube who end up losing those millions of users at the end of the day. "

Facebook didn't lose value because of their decision to ban Alex Jones, with advertisers they are pulling their ads from platforms that contain hate speech, like Alex Jones'.

He has also been dropped by Apple too. You know, the first company to be valued at more that $1 trillion just this week.

But I'm sure you're right centy, Apple, Facebook and YouTube will all crumble to dust without the customers that far right conspiracy theories and all round Looney Tune, Alex Jones brings!

Cannock

Facebook is going down the tubes anyway. Just last week Zuckerberg lost $15 billion as Facebook shares tumbled. Alex Jones had millions of followers on Facebook and YouTube, those users will just get the info wars content from other platforms instead. It'll be Facebook and YouTube who end up losing those millions of users at the end of the day.

Facebook didn't lose value because of their decision to ban Alex Jones, with advertisers they are pulling their ads from platforms that contain hate speech, like Alex Jones'.

He has also been dropped by Apple too. You know, the first company to be valued at more that $1 trillion just this week.

But I'm sure you're right centy, Apple, Facebook and YouTube will all crumble to dust without the customers that far right conspiracy theories and all round Looney Tune, Alex Jones brings! "

You really do have this uncanny ability to see things on the forum that are not there (less kind individuals may call it hallucinations). Where did I say Facebooks value and shares had dropped because of Alex Jones?

Cambridge

But I'm sure you're right centy, Apple, Facebook and YouTube will all crumble to dust without the customers that far right conspiracy theories and all round Looney Tune, Alex Jones brings!

You really do have this uncanny ability to see things on the forum that are not there (less kind individuals may call it hallucinations). Where did I say Facebooks value and shares had dropped because of Alex Jones? "

They haven't dropped because of dropping Alex Jones, I just told you that!

Cannock

You really do have this uncanny ability to see things on the forum that are not there (less kind individuals may call it hallucinations). Where did I say Facebooks value and shares had dropped because of Alex Jones?

They haven't dropped because of dropping Alex Jones, I just told you that! "

I already knew that. Your post implied that I had said Facebook shares and value had gone down because of Alex Jones. My post never said that.

Cambridge

I already knew that. Your post implied that I had said Facebook shares and value had gone down because of Alex Jones. My post never said that. "

So we are clear, no shares have dropped in 3 of the biggest tech companies in the world as a result of kicking Alex Jones to the curb.

Cannock

I already knew that. Your post implied that I had said Facebook shares and value had gone down because of Alex Jones. My post never said that.

So we are clear, no shares have dropped in 3 of the biggest tech companies in the world as a result of kicking Alex Jones to the curb. "

Well I never mentioned Apple in my post either, you brought that up.

Cambridge

So we are clear, no shares have dropped in 3 of the biggest tech companies in the world as a result of kicking Alex Jones to the curb.

Well I never mentioned Apple in my post either, you brought that up. "

I did, good job on the reading skills there champ!

moston

"I wonder how long it will last? A recent example was Virgin trains banning the sale of the Daily Mail, then Richard Branson did a complete u-turn about a week later and started to sell it again after it turned into a PR disaster for him. "

I expect he is gone from Faceache...

Zucks could buy and sell beardy out of small change and not notice.

Alex Jones is free to start his own newspaper/website if he so chooses."

And yet marching season in northern is alllowed which causes actual violence and promotion of hatred every year.

Newbury

And yet marching season in northern is alllowed which causes actual violence and promotion of hatred every year. "

Eh?

And yet marching season in northern is alllowed which causes actual violence and promotion of hatred every year.

Eh?"

I'm saying that society tends to censor the wrong things.

moston

"I'm saying that society tends to censor the wrong things."

not when society is split down the middle. Then we get wars.

The NSA will be disappointed that the mouth piece for disinformation directed at the uneducated window lickers has been removed.

There is always David icke if you need a fix.

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

If the price of free speech is to put up with people like alex jones then its a price I'm willing to pay.

Can't speak for others though but thats just my opinion.

Leeds

With freedom of speech comes responsibility.

Conspiracy theorists, hate preachers, and promoters of violence, we don't need.

liverpool

"With freedom of speech comes responsibility.

Conspiracy theorists, hate preachers, and promoters of violence, we don't need.

"

But censor them and then there's no such thing as free speech.

Leeds

Censorship is necessary when they fail to moderate themselves, or just spread lies for their own gain.

liverpool

"Censorship is necessary when they fail to moderate themselves, or just spread lies for their own gain."

So basically then you are happy to just have the goverment or main stream media to say what is true, what is fact and anyone that doesnt follow their narrative and has a different opinion should be censored and have no platform because thats the slippery slope we are on.

moston

"But censor them and then there's no such thing as free speech.

"

There has never been universal 'free speech' anywhere at any time.

Freedom of speech has always been conditional. But that is irrelevant, only Sovereign States have powers of censorship. Alex Jones and Infowars are free to say what they like when they like, Facebook has just exercised its right not to facilitate Jones and his money making vehicle.

Leeds

"Censorship is necessary when they fail to moderate themselves, or just spread lies for their own gain.

So basically then you are happy to just have the goverment or main stream media to say what is true, what is fact and anyone that doesnt follow their narrative and has a different opinion should be censored and have no platform because thats the slippery slope we are on."

So you would be quite happy for me to make up some lies about you, and spread them around? It will just be a case of me, exercising my right of free speech?

liverpool

"But censor them and then there's no such thing as free speech.

There has never been universal 'free speech' anywhere at any time.

Freedom of speech has always been conditional. But that is irrelevant, only Sovereign States have powers of censorship. Alex Jones and Infowars are free to say what they like when they like, Facebook has just exercised its right not to facilitate Jones and his money making vehicle."

Why now though hes been on these platforms for years.

And it isnt just facebook its you tube aswell.

Both separate companys but both banning him at the same time.

I dont watch alex jones i find him way over the top and slightly unhinged but i feel somthing is a bit off with this timing especially since the midterms are just around the corner.

Leeds

Do you know anything about Jones and what he says and the current litigation against him?

Have you heard of Cambridge Analytica?

Have you seen the Facebook share price recently?

liverpool

"Censorship is necessary when they fail to moderate themselves, or just spread lies for their own gain.

So basically then you are happy to just have the goverment or main stream media to say what is true, what is fact and anyone that doesnt follow their narrative and has a different opinion should be censored and have no platform because thats the slippery slope we are on.

So you would be quite happy for me to make up some lies about you, and spread them around? It will just be a case of me, exercising my right of free speech?

"

Thats not exactly what hes doing though is it.

Nicely twisted around though.

So any person that doesnt believe in 911 for example and makea posts on facebook or creates a page for it or makes you tube videos about it should all be banned and not allowed their opinion?

liverpool

"Do you know anything about Jones and what he says and the current litigation against him?

Have you heard of Cambridge Analytica?

Have you seen the Facebook share price recently?

"

Ahh man lets just agree to disagree on this im not getting into this debate.

My opinion stands.

We are on a slippery slope and if the price of freedom of speech is putting up with people like alex jones who we have no obligation to watch or listen to then so be it.

Have a nice day

moston

"Why now though hes been on these platforms for years.

And it isnt just facebook its you tube aswell.

Both separate companys but both banning him at the same time.

I dont watch alex jones i find him way over the top and slightly unhinged but i feel somthing is a bit off with this timing especially since the midterms are just around the corner."

Maybe for the same reason as most mainstream social network platforms are starting to remove subversive content.

If they do not regulate their platforms Sovereign States worldwide will regulate them. Just as the lawlessness of the Wild West of the mid 19th century only lasted a few years before the US federal authorities imposed order, the age of the unregulated and lawless internet is coming too an end.

Leeds

If the price of freedom of speech is putting up with someone who just makes things up, then I can do the same about you.

The fact that I cannot and would not and no one would want me to, proves my point.

There is no need to run away.

By *od_AlmightyMan  over a year ago

Heaven

social media and companies that build computers have every right to exclude people such as jones, who negatively impact their business by exploiting the vulnerabilities of mentally ill people, without being accused of censorship by the very same people that jones exploits.

Leeds

I don't think it's the computer manufacturers!

moston

"I don't think it's the computer manufacturers!"

Apple.

Leeds

?

moston

"?"

Apple are computer manufacturers who ban people and companies from their platforms.

Leeds

They don't ban them as computer manufacturers. They ban then as platform providers.

They don't stop anyone from buying an apple product!

Heaven

"They don't stop anyone from buying an apple product!

"

nobody said they did apart from you just then

Leeds

nobody said they did apart from you just then"

Yes they did

moston

"They don't ban them as computer manufacturers. They ban then as platform providers."

Actually they do.

They ban all 3rd party manufacturers from producing Apple compatible products without special licences. They even build their phones in such a way that they must be serviced and repaired by Apple authorised service centres.

They also do the same with their operating system and software.

Leeds

For commercial reasons! This thread is about banning freedom of speech, not protecting someone from freely using your product without a license!

Heaven

Yes they did"

no they didn't

Leeds

Yes they did

no they didn't"

Read the post that I replied to. The one that say "computer manufacturers"

Heaven

Yes they did

no they didn't

Read the post that I replied to. The one that say "computer manufacturers""

that's not saying what you deliberately falsified by implication, that people where being banned from purchasing hardware

Leeds

Yes they did

no they didn't

that's not saying what you deliberately falsified by implication, that people where being banned from purchasing hardware"

No. Look at my original post in reply. I said "I don't think it's the computer manufacturers"

And it isn't. The manufacturers are not trying to limit freedom of speech.

Heaven

Yes they did

no they didn't

that's not saying what you deliberately falsified by implication, that people where being banned from purchasing hardware

No. Look at my original post in reply. I said "I don't think it's the computer manufacturers"

And it isn't. The manufacturers are not trying to limit freedom of speech."

nobody is

Leeds

You were! You said computer manufacturers!

Heaven

"You were! You said computer manufacturers!"

your accusing me of trying to limit freedom of speech?

Leeds

You said that the computer manufacturers were trying to limit it. I didn't say that you personally were.

Are you a bit thick or something?

Heaven

"You said that the computer manufacturers were trying to limit it. I didn't say that you personally were.

"

no i didn't

Leeds

social media AND COMPANIES THAT BUILD COMPUTERS have every right to exclude people such as jones, who negatively impact their business by exploiting the vulnerabilities of mentally ill people, without being accused of censorship by the very same people that jones exploits

That was your post. I have added the capitals for emphasis.

You said it!

moston

"For commercial reasons! This thread is about banning freedom of speech, not protecting someone from freely using your product without a license!"

And by your own words I prove my case.

Facebook, Youtube and other BUSINESSES are banning info wars and others for commercial reasons.

That is not censorship, only Sovereign Nations acting inside their own National borders can impose censorship.

Heaven

"social media AND COMPANIES THAT BUILD COMPUTERS have every right to exclude people such as jones, who negatively impact their business by exploiting the vulnerabilities of mentally ill people, without being accused of censorship by the very same people that jones exploits

That was your post. I have added the capitals for emphasis.

You said it!

"

you've accused me of saying a range of other things when i clearly haven't from the quote you've given

Leeds

There is a massive difference between commercial licensing and banning hate speech!

Heaven

nobody has banned free speech

"Every individual or business has the right to refuse access to any services they provide without giving a reason. "

Except for the B&B owners who were sued over refusing gay guests.

Heaven

the B&B owners problem was that they gave a reason

Leeds

"Every individual or business has the right to refuse access to any services they provide without giving a reason.

Except for the B&B owners who were sued over refusing gay guests."

And the cake manufacturers, and the RBS in Sheffield with no disabled ramp, and First Bus with the pushchair -v- wheelchair issue.

Leeds

"the B&B owners problem was that they gave a reason"

They have to give a reason, because if they say that - we're not telling you, and you say it's because we're gay, and then you go to Court, what other conclusion can the Judge draw from it?

It’s always nice to hear that people who object to pc narratives should be censored, because people who agree with them are “mentally ill.”

I’m guessing that all those poor exploited people all like BREXIT, and Donald Trump, while the truly sane members of society love the EU and think the Trumpster is a “fascist?”

It is the same with Jones and his info wars, to a lesser extent.

Liberals are such tossers!

Heaven

"the B&B owners problem was that they gave a reason

They have to give a reason, because if they say that - we're not telling you, and you say it's because we're gay, and then you go to Court, what other conclusion can the Judge draw from it?

"

that's an assumtion

Leeds

It's called drawing a natural inference, and that's what judges do.

Heaven

"It's called drawing a natural inference, and that's what judges do."

no ... you're making assumptions

Leeds

Do you know anything about legal systems?

I go to caught and say - I was denied entry to this establishment because I am a homosexual.

The B&B say no you weren't, but we are not telling you what the reason is.

What is the Judge going to make of that?

moston

"They have to give a reason, because if they say that - we're not telling you, and you say it's because we're gay, and then you go to Court, what other conclusion can the Judge draw from it?

"

No they do not!

Any individual or business can refuse to serve anyone and require them to leave private property without giving a reason.

As for the disabled access issue. The law requires ALL commercial premises to provide adequate disabled access.

Having adequate access and refusing service are separate issues.

Leeds

If you fail to give a valid reason, then you sink your case before you even start.

If you refuse access because for instance there is no space, or because their credit card was declined, then you say so.

If you do not, then you risk adverse inferences being drawn.

Heaven

i'm not sure your attempts to deviate from the subject of your deliberately false inferences and misleading assumptions has any bearing on the topic in hand other than to deflect attention from them

Leeds

"i'm not sure your attempts to deviate from the subject of your deliberately false inferences and misleading assumptions has any bearing on the topic in hand other than to deflect attention from them"

What is the topic in hand?

Heaven

that social media and companies that build computers have every right to exclude people such as jones, who negatively impact their business by exploiting the vulnerabilities of mentally ill people, without being accused of censorship by the very same people that jones exploits.

Leeds

Yes they do, I have never said that they don't.

The point is, it isn't the computer manufacturers who are doing that. It's the platform providers who are doing so, at last, and they have that right.

They are now doing so, to clean up their act, before they are forced to, by regulators or advertisers or loss of customers.

Heaven

"Yes they do, I have never said that they don't.

The point is, it isn't the computer manufacturers who are doing that. It's the platform providers who are doing so, at last, and they have that right.

They are now doing so, to clean up their act, before they are forced to, by regulators or advertisers or loss of customers."

are you saying ALL computer manufacturers?

Leeds

I'm not saying computer manufacturers at all. You said computer manufacturers.

This doesn't affect them as hardware manufacturers, or even the software manufacturers.

It affects social media platform providers.

Heaven

"I'm not saying computer manufacturers at all. You said computer manufacturers.

"

no i didn't

"I'm not saying computer manufacturers at all. You said computer manufacturers.

no i didn't"

Okay, you said "companies that build computers".

Leeds

Shall I repost your post again?

social media and companies that build computers have every right to exclude people such as jones, who negatively impact their business by exploiting the vulnerabilities of mentally ill people, without being accused of censorship by the very same people that jones exploits

Leeds

Please tell me how HP, who build a computer from some microchips, circuit board, fan, power supply, casing, and disk drive can stop anyone?

Heaven

where in that does it say computer manufacturers?

Heaven

"Please tell me how HP, who build a computer from some microchips, circuit board, fan, power supply, casing, and disk drive can stop anyone?

"

i didn't say they could .... you're the only person alluding that

Leeds

So what are "companies that build computers".

They are not computer manufacturers then?

They must be farmers, or bakers perhaps!

"social media and companies that build computers have every right to exclude people such as jones, who negatively impact their business by exploiting the vulnerabilities of mentally ill people, without being accused of censorship by the very same people that jones exploits.

"

But Facebook and YouTube won't exclude content that exploits the vulnerabilities of 'healthy' people by targeting them with adverts, getting them to buy stuff they don't need based on their 'likes' and/or search/browsing history.

Who are these mentally ill people you speak of?

Heaven

"So what are "companies that build computers".

They are not computer manufacturers then?

They must be farmers, or bakers perhaps! "

now you're just being silly

Heaven

"But Facebook and YouTube won't exclude content that exploits the vulnerabilities of 'healthy' people by targeting them with adverts, getting them to buy stuff they don't need based on their 'likes' and/or search/browsing history."

how does the choices made by "'healthy' people" to respond to advertising on facebook and youtube negatively affect their business?

By *ojos party boyMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

censorship,

No different that gagging a journalist who speaks ill of the government (cough*India*Cough)

By *ojos party boyMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

"Please tell me how HP, who build a computer from some microchips, circuit board, fan, power supply, casing, and disk drive can stop anyone?

"

Well they could put illegal images on said devices and phone police on you

moston

"So what are "companies that build computers".

They are not computer manufacturers then?"

Well done...

Computer manufacturers and computer builders are not the same. Although with the advent of tablets and smart devices that is changing.

"But Facebook and YouTube won't exclude content that exploits the vulnerabilities of 'healthy' people by targeting them with adverts, getting them to buy stuff they don't need based on their 'likes' and/or search/browsing history.

how does the choices made by "'healthy' people" to respond to advertising on facebook and youtube negatively affect their business?"

I never said it did. Ask someone did say it.

Heaven

"But Facebook and YouTube won't exclude content that exploits the vulnerabilities of 'healthy' people by targeting them with adverts, getting them to buy stuff they don't need based on their 'likes' and/or search/browsing history.

how does the choices made by "'healthy' people" to respond to advertising on facebook and youtube negatively affect their business?

Who are these mentally ill people you speak of?"

answered

answered "

Have you?

Heaven

haven't I?

It's good to see the lord move in a mysterious way .

Heaven

"It's good to see the lord move in a mysterious way . "

bless you

I must be going nuts...

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

It's about time they took Alex Jones off. He's a dirtbag liar, and they should be taking more of these dirtbag lying people off. Freedom of speech is important, but as one person mentioned, it comes with responsibilities, the responsibility of telling the truth should be priority one with any format that addresses the people. Unfortunately, even so called mainstream true news organizations don't follow this truthful responsibility like they should be made to. The truly biggest liars in mainstream news goes to Fox News hands down, which should be removed from viewing as well. People need to here the truth, not the lies that these propaganda organizations spill out every single day, that mainly target the racists and weak minded individuals in society. Freedom of speech is one thing, intentionally spreading lies is completely

different. Lies are disinformation, disinformation spread by Russian interference helped get donald trump elected president of the US, a man that has lied over 4200 times in less than 600 days, a proven fact ! He's another dirtbag liar that shouldn't be allowed to address the people. It's a shame, but the truth !

Cannock

"It's about time they took Alex Jones off. He's a dirtbag liar, and they should be taking more of these dirtbag lying people off. Freedom of speech is important, but as one person mentioned, it comes with responsibilities, the responsibility of telling the truth should be priority one with any format that addresses the people. Unfortunately, even so called mainstream true news organizations don't follow this truthful responsibility like they should be made to. The truly biggest liars in mainstream news goes to Fox News hands down, which should be removed from viewing as well. People need to here the truth, not the lies that these propaganda organizations spill out every single day, that mainly target the racists and weak minded individuals in society. Freedom of speech is one thing, intentionally spreading lies is completely

different. Lies are disinformation, disinformation spread by Russian interference helped get donald trump elected president of the US, a man that has lied over 4200 times in less than 600 days, a proven fact ! He's another dirtbag liar that shouldn't be allowed to address the people. It's a shame, but the truth ! "

What nonsense. If you look at a YouTube channel called Mark Dice he has dozens of examples of CNN telling outright lies or being economical with the truth. Try typing CNN into an Internet search engine like Google and the predictive results will bring up "CNN is fake news".

It very much sounds like you have been brainwashed by the mainstream media, either that or you are yet another sore loser who wants to silence people like Alex Jones because he backed Donald Trump and won.

Cannock

Maybe Donald Trump should give Alex Jones a job as White House Press release officer, or White House Press spokesperson, that would really piss off the snowflakes who run YouTube and Facebook.

Cannock

"I've never took the time to watch or listen to any of this Jones guys videos. Is he that incendery that censorship is required.

"

This is the thing, banning Alex Jones will only have the opposite effect of making him more popular and more notorious. Just like the banning of so called video nasties in the 1980's, those videos only became more notorious and sought after, and people would buy pirate copies. I don't think anything Jones has said has been that incendiary, he's certainly never called for people to go out and kill others, like Muslim hate preachers do when they call on followers to kill the infidels.

Leeds

"Maybe Donald Trump should give Alex Jones a job as White House Press release officer, or White House Press spokesperson, that would really piss off the snowflakes who run YouTube and Facebook. "

Trump has nothing in common with Jones. Trump loves America. Jones hates it.

Jones thinks the US government caused 9/11. Trump knows that it was caused by Muslim terrorists.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Maybe Donald Trump should give Alex Jones a job as White House Press release officer, or White House Press spokesperson, that would really piss off the snowflakes who run YouTube and Facebook. "

see... you "think" that is funny....

so lets get back to the original post...

do you think alex jones comments about the sandy hook shooting being staged and the parents being actors is fair comment????

the reason why these particular families are suing alex jones its gotten to the point where they have had to move home 7 times to get away from his "conspiracy nutter" fans and for them to stop harrassing them....

Heaven

"the reason why these particular families are suing alex jones its gotten to the point where they have had to move home 7 times to get away from his "conspiracy nutter" fans and for them to stop harrassing them...."

as pointed out earlier in the thread, jones's business model is to monetize his abuse of highly vulnerable mentally ill people who then go on to attack those who seek to prevent jones from continuing his abuse ... it's a never ending cycle of psychologoical harm for his target audience

Newcastle and Gateshead

"the reason why these particular families are suing alex jones its gotten to the point where they have had to move home 7 times to get away from his "conspiracy nutter" fans and for them to stop harrassing them....

as pointed out earlier in the thread, jones's business model is to monetize his abuse of highly vulnerable mentally ill people who then go on to attack those who seek to prevent jones from continuing his abuse ... it's a never ending cycle of psychologoical harm for his target audience"

And that’s why remarks made by centaur in this thread annoy the bejesus out of me, because it’s a flippant comment made to defend the indefensible...

But when you come out and ask a straight question about the person they defend, it’s crickets or radio silence

Sometimes posts should be highlighted so people understand the true person behind the post

"the reason why these particular families are suing alex jones its gotten to the point where they have had to move home 7 times to get away from his "conspiracy nutter" fans and for them to stop harrassing them....

as pointed out earlier in the thread, jones's business model is to monetize his abuse of highly vulnerable mentally ill people who then go on to attack those who seek to prevent jones from continuing his abuse ... it's a never ending cycle of psychologoical harm for his target audience

And that’s why remarks made by centaur in this thread annoy the bejesus out of me, because it’s a flippant comment made to defend the indefensible...

But when you come out and ask a straight question about the person they defend, it’s crickets or radio silence

Sometimes posts should be highlighted so people understand the true person behind the post "

The far right extremists walk the line in here they know not to cross it.Ive often wondered why there is a correlation between conspiracy theorist who watch Info wars and also being alt right politically. Maybe yoda with his wise words of fear leads to hate .Hate leads to suffering .

Leeds

Except that he is entitled to an opinion, and in this thread it was well reasoned. It wasn't flippant.

He said that by banning Jones, you risk making him more popular.

He's right. That is a risk.

He then said that Jones has not called on anyone to murder anyone, unlike Muslim hate preachers.

That may or may not be true. That would have to be researched, but was that a flippant comment?

Leeds

Sometimes posts should be highlighted so people understand the true person behind the post

The far right extremists walk the line in here they know not to cross it.Ive often wondered why there is a correlation between conspiracy theorist who watch Info wars and also being alt right politically. Maybe yoda with his wise words of fear leads to hate .Hate leads to suffering . "

But you probably think that Tony Blair was far right.

You probably think that Kinnock, Foot and Corbyn are insufficiently left-wing.

And if I ask you whether you think that Cameron and Blair were essentially identical centreists, who happened to be in different parties, but had the same policies, you won't answer the question, because you only come on here to issue statements and soundbites, but never to address issues.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Except that he is entitled to an opinion, and in this thread it was well reasoned. It wasn't flippant.

He said that by banning Jones, you risk making him more popular.

He's right. That is a risk.

He then said that Jones has not called on anyone to murder anyone, unlike Muslim hate preachers.

That may or may not be true. That would have to be researched, but was that a flippant comment?"

You are entitled to free speech but it doesn’t override everything... for example you can’t shout fire in a crowded cinema!

Alex Jones isn’t talking free speech... he is talking hate speech and in the case of the poor sandy hook families it is defamatory and inflammatory

Leeds

But Centaur said that Jones hasn't called on anyone to be killed, and you don't say that he has either, so you can't accuse him of being flippant.

He's not defending Jones. He merely said that banning him, comes with it's own risks, and it does.

He then said essentially that there are worse hate preachers than Jones, who have not been banned, and he is right.

Newcastle and Gateshead

But alex Jones isn’t being charged with a criminal act... he is being sued for defamation by some of the families from sandy hook for continuing to perpetuate the falsehood that the sandy hook shootings were a hoax and that the parents are actors

If he didn’t keep perpetuating the myth these people may be able to live there lives in peace... if you are lighting the blue touch paper, you don’t get to feign innocence and hide behind freedom of speech

Freedom of speech doesn’t cover defamatory speech

Leeds

But you accused Centaur of being flippant. What is flippant about what he said.

No one is arguing that Jones is a nice person. Centaur simply said the banning him causes its own problems, and that there are worse hate preachers.

I happen to think that Jones is a hate preacher and a fantasist as I said in response to Centaur. I corrected any flippancy in Centaur's original post, about him being employed by Trump.

His subsequent post contained no flippancy at all, did it?

Heaven

so you admit he was being flippant then as _abio already correctly pointed out

Cannock

I said banning Alex Jones would make him more popular and more notorious and looks like early signs may be proving this right. Google searches for infowars since the ban on Facebook and Youtube have sky rocketed, and the official infowars app on mobile is now trending on the App store.

Cannock

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyma-3g1CGo

Cannock

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm4Pks_1_hI

Cannock

Plenty more where the above 2 links came from, the truth is Youtube and Facebook can't silence Alex Jones because he can and will speak through umteen different people and associates.

Have a nice day

Heaven

saying ...
" Maybe Donald Trump should give Alex Jones a job as White House Press release officer, or White House Press spokesperson, that would really piss off the snowflakes who run YouTube and Facebook. "
... is being flippant and cheapens the sustained abuse inflicted on the families of the sandyhook victims by the very mentally ill people who make up the audience who follow jones and who are so vocal about his exclusion from doing business with independent companies by attempting to pass it off as a ban or censorship

Cambridge

"Plenty more where the above 2 links came from, the truth is Youtube and Facebook can't silence Alex Jones because he can and will speak through umteen different people and associates.

Have a nice day "

That's great if they post his stuff they too can get banned for violating the terms of the sites. I am much happier for multiple hate preachers to get banned than just 1

Cannock

Here is anther one CLCC, just especially for you....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBo9uRuTVYk

moston

I think after he told his followers that Mueller needs to be stopped and that he was coming for him while pointing at the camera as if he was firing a gun he may soon be on his way to a federal penitentiary.

Cannock

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tqOAudSlYw

I've just been reading that a lawyer for Infowars Alex Jones is seeking to make public the home addresses of parents who lost their children in the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School .

Jesus titty Christ these people are the scum of the earth.Good riddance from any social media platform .

Cambridge

"I've just been reading that a lawyer for Infowars Alex Jones is seeking to make public the home addresses of parents who lost their children in the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School .

Jesus titty Christ these people are the scum of the earth.Good riddance from any social media platform . "

I wonder if Centaur believes that Sandy Hook really took place, or if it's just a media conspiracy?

I find it sad that people are taken in by Alex Jones and his rants...He like Trump is a classic con man...Taking in the dim witted and appealing to the inner bigot in many of us.

I do believe that he is being sued by a father from the sandy Hook shooting. I do hope that man gets the justice he is due and loud mouthed Jones is back to howling at the moon in his own very modest home after paying out on the lawsuit.

Newbury

"I find it sad that people are taken in by Alex Jones and his rants...He like Trump is a classic con man...Taking in the dim witted and appealing to the inner bigot in many of us.

I do believe that he is being sued by a father from the sandy Hook shooting. I do hope that man gets the justice he is due and loud mouthed Jones is back to howling at the moon in his own very modest home after paying out on the lawsuit. "

It's funny (almost) that Trump is on video claiming that if he was ever to run, he'd run as a Republican because they "have the dumbest voters" and he uses phrases he's stolen from Mussolini ("drain the swamp") and the white supremacist movement of the 30s ("Make America great again"), and techniques from the "Hitler playbook (comparing untermensch to vermin) and people still don't think they are being duped....

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tqOAudSlYw"

Is it this Alex Jones that you're defending Centaur? The one who claimed that children being murdered in Sandy Hook was fake but now saying it's true and that he was acting "as a journalist"?

The one who's been destroying evidence?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sandy-hook-defamation-case-alex-jones-evidence-a8497176.html

More bad news for the conspiracy loon. His website gets hacked and taken down.His illegal radio station got fined 15k for illegal FM broadcasts and shut down .He then has a meltdown on twitter and gets a 7 day ban for a call to arms to kill liberals ...

If he hadn't already lost it he now has fallen off a cliff.

All this and he still his harassing dead children's parents of sandhook...Brilliant ..

"More bad news for the conspiracy loon. His website gets hacked and taken down.His illegal radio station got fined 15k for illegal FM broadcasts and shut down .He then has a meltdown on twitter and gets a 7 day ban for a call to arms to kill liberals ...

If he hadn't already lost it he now has fallen off a cliff.

All this and he still his harassing dead children's parents of sandhook...Brilliant .. "

A bit like the hashtag #killallmen

Or the "celebrated" Valerie Solaris and her SCUM (society for cutting up men) manifesto.

The same rabid dickheads with the same equivalent but opposite unworkable batshit ideologies exist on the hard left and the hard right.

The ying and the yang gives balance to the universe.The left needs the right and vice versa.Sometimes the pendulum swings their way sometimes my way .Its always been thus.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Centaur;

Is it this Alex Jones that you're defending Centaur? The one who claimed that children being murdered in Sandy Hook was fake but now saying it's true and that he was acting "as a journalist"?

The one who's been destroying evidence?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/sandy-hook-defamation-case-alex-jones-evidence-a8497176.html

I think education and awareness of batshit conspiracy theorists will always be preferable to banning stuff.

I reckon it's got as much to do with YT's clampdown on "fake news" as to do with hate speech (though the two aren't entirely unrelated). And this is where I get a bit torn on the whole issue, don't people reporting "news" have a duty to like, tell the truth?

I think we have a major issue with the spread of disinformation, and while I don't think you should ban people altogether from posting on the internet, and pretty much impossible anyway. I have less of a problem with YT refusing to take any part in promoting it.

I've often wondered if AJ is a top level troll, committed to discrediting the whole conspiracy theory movement. Like the guy actually put on an actual tinfoil hat.

Now I read that he's into transgender porn, which all too conveniently fits in with my own theory that men who go out of their way to register their disgust of us have normally got something to hide.

Or maybe the chemicals in the freakin water TURNED HIM INTO A GOD-DAMN TRANNY CHASER!

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Lolol I just read that too.

Classic.

How often do those who rage against "deviancy" do so out of self-denial of their own shame?

North Bucks

There is a delicious irony in Jones being caught with his metaphorical pants down with “trans” porn.

He will have to spin this one on atrazine making him do it.

North Bucks

"I think education and awareness of batshit conspiracy theorists will always be preferable to banning stuff.

I reckon it's got as much to do with YT's clampdown on "fake news" as to do with hate speech (though the two aren't entirely unrelated). And this is where I get a bit torn on the whole issue, don't people reporting "news" have a duty to like, tell the truth?

I think we have a major issue with the spread of disinformation, and while I don't think you should ban people altogether from posting on the internet, and pretty much impossible anyway. I have less of a problem with YT refusing to take any part in promoting it.

I've often wondered if AJ is a top level troll, committed to discrediting the whole conspiracy theory movement. Like the guy actually put on an actual tinfoil hat.

Now I read that he's into transgender porn, which all too conveniently fits in with my own theory that men who go out of their way to register their disgust of us have normally got something to hide.

Or maybe the chemicals in the freakin water TURNED HIM INTO A GOD-DAMN TRANNY CHASER!"

He’s obviously not buying his own Water Filters that he so humbly sells.

» Add a new message to this topic