FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Why are white British people

Why are white British people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

Considered to be soo lazy? We see it all the time on the forum don't we? We need immigrant workers because the natives are too lazy to look after themselves.

So if that's true, why? What's happened? When did they become the cast of Jeremy Kyle, rather than the backbone of industry?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Considered to be soo lazy? We see it all the time on the forum don't we? We need immigrant workers because the natives are too lazy to look after themselves.

So if that's true, why? What's happened? When did they become the cast of Jeremy Kyle, rather than the backbone of industry?"

its not white people .... it’s british. Hardworking polish are white.

"Considered to be soo lazy? We see it all the time on the forum don't we? We need immigrant workers because the natives are too lazy to look after themselves.

So if that's true, why? What's happened? When did they become the cast of Jeremy Kyle, rather than the backbone of industry?its not white people .... it’s british. Hardworking polish are white."

You mean to say you can British and not white.Blimey !

I like the term Caucasian which in fact includes many other darker skinned peoples the clue is the Asian in Caucasian ..

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

No more lazy then any other nationality,

I don't think we need more immigration workers the and the term comes across as slave labour to me, "let them in as they will work longer hours and for half the wage"

No one sets out to work 10-12 hours in a restaurants, hotels or picking on farms, They do it because they have no other choice

salisbury

So if that's true, why? What's happened? When did they become the cast of Jeremy Kyle, rather than the backbone of industry?its not white people .... it’s british. Hardworking polish are white."

That's literally what my op says.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"No more lazy then any other nationality,

I don't think we need more immigration workers the and the term comes across as slave labour to me, "let them in as they will work longer hours and for half the wage"

No one sets out to work 10-12 hours in a restaurants, hotels or picking on farms, They do it because they have no other choice "

There are lots of immigrants working here who meet demand for highly skilled (and lucrative) jobs.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Considered to be soo lazy?"

Speak for yourself.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So if that's true, why? What's happened? When did they become the cast of Jeremy Kyle, rather than the backbone of industry?"

Lazy is probably the wrong word to use, I think the issue is a lot of the jobs they see are beneath them, which are the jobs that the people from outside the UK do, which the locals could do

salisbury

So if that's true, why? What's happened? When did they become the cast of Jeremy Kyle, rather than the backbone of industry?

Lazy is probably the wrong word to use, I think the issue is a lot of the jobs they see are beneath them, which are the jobs that the people from outside the UK do, which the locals could do "

Ok, why?

Bristol East

I am looking forward to all the job opportunities for English footballers when your teams are no longer allowed to import labour to do roles that could easily be filled by locals.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I am looking forward to all the job opportunities for English footballers when your teams are no longer allowed to import labour to do roles that could easily be filled by locals.

"

I am assuming the same work permit rules will be in place for non-EU footballers..... means there are probably a few eu players in the premier league... and a lot in the championship that would not have gotten visas....

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Probably because of the lack of "industry" these days..

A huge population and by comparison we produce virtually Jack shit

Newcastle and Gateshead

Lazy is probably the wrong word to use, I think the issue is a lot of the jobs they see are beneath them, which are the jobs that the people from outside the UK do, which the locals could do

Ok, why?"

that i honestly couldn't tell you.....

i can only tell you my experience of when i did a 2nd job as a delivery person for dominoes to help pay for my mortgage early....

they always has vacancies and it was non-native people who were doing the jobs and a lot of them were doing it to supplement other jobs and sending money back home

you did get the odd local who did it... but they either had been there for years... or lasted a couple of weeks and jacked it in.....

salisbury

Ok, why?

i can only tell you my experience of when i did a 2nd job as a delivery person for dominoes to help pay for my mortgage early....

they always has vacancies and it was non-native people who were doing the jobs and a lot of them were doing it to supplement other jobs and sending money back home

you did get the odd local who did it... but they either had been there for years... or lasted a couple of weeks and jacked it in.....

"

Sending money home eh? That's not great news for the economy. A good reason to get extra work though if the only reason you're here is for money for home, and you're not interested in work/life balance.

salisbury

"I am looking forward to all the job opportunities for English footballers when your teams are no longer allowed to import labour to do roles that could easily be filled by locals.

"

Should improve the national sides.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Sending money home eh? That's not great news for the economy. A good reason to get extra work though if the only reason you're here is for money for home, and you're not interested in work/life balance."

well it is because if they are living here... they are still paying taxes here and they are still having to spend money to live here.... its the spare disposable money that is being sent back....

also... if that is what you think then i don't think you'll understand why for example the original "windrush" generation came here.... for most of them they would have said "earn enough money for a plot of land and build a house back home, earn enough to mean the family can live comfortably... and go return!"

in their case they were sending money back to the carribean than it going to eastern europe now!

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Should improve the national sides. "

You beat me to it. About time more British players were given more of a chance at big clubs. Our national sides need more players playing in the top flight and getting regular first team football, less foreign players can only be a good thing for the domestic English, Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland teams.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Are they lazy to do the jobs ? yes some are and of course with the welfare system some will choose to get by on that than do a job that they consider beneath them or might get their ands dirty. Of course its not PC for any politican to say such a thing but remember if YOU pay tax you are enabling those too lazy to work to choose not too

Bristol East

Should improve the national sides. "

swings and roundabouts

the clubs will scream

salisbury

swings and roundabouts

the clubs will scream"

Yes, but then they'd all get to the same skill level. Without the top 6 spenders buying results. Spurs might actually win the league!

salisbury

If British workers started to take fruit picking seriously for example, what would they do for the rest of the season?

salisbury

Do people employ Polish plumbers for example because they're fast and highly skilled, or because they're cheap?

salisbury

If the natives think they're above the work associated with immigrants, why are there so many Asian pharmacists?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

God same old people spout rubbish on here....and when they don't agree get abusive ...grow up this is a forum for all points of view ...just because it's not yours does not make it wrong or right

Bristol East

A friend described it to me thus.

Throughout history, each wave of immigrants has arrived here to do low-paid manual work.

They settle, they have children and those children grow up.

The next generation no longer wants to do low-paid work and aspires for higher-paid, skilled work.

So there is a new wave of immigration needed to fill those vacancies.

And so the cycle keeps repeating.

Cannock

"A friend described it to me thus.

Throughout history, each wave of immigrants has arrived here to do low-paid manual work.

The next generation no longer wants to do low-paid work and aspires for higher-paid, skilled work.

"

Technology and automation is increasingly doing mundane low skilled manual jobs though so there is less need for all of this immigration.

salisbury

"

Ok, so in that case I've mistaken Fabio's usage of the word "native" he actually means anyone born here feels above doing a shit job for minimum wage over long hours, and world rather let an immigrant do it.

I guess if immigration ever does fall then those jobs will have to pay more, or not get done at all. Bring on the robots!

Cannock

swings and roundabouts

the clubs will scream"

Let them scream, they've ruined the enjoyment of the game for many, as Clem said the richest clubs just buy titles and cups now. They've turned it from a sport into a business and many real salt of the earth football fans resent what they've done to the game.

These big clubs have brought in foreign players for too long to the detriment of the national UK teams when domestic players are not even getting a look in.

swings and roundabouts

the clubs will scream"

The big clubs who play in the champions league will not be happy .There is a huge amount of money invested and made from the champions league .I can see it benefiting the national side however it benefits the young players training and playing with the best Europe has to offer .

I think money will talk and they will still have access to European footballers .

I have to admit that in the cash and carry business, a lot of my colleagues are foreign. But those of us who are Brits have to work as hard as them, or we are out.

I am doing 40 hours plus overtime on the minimum wage and flat rate for any extra hours.

I can keep up, but many of the younger bods who they hire don’t last long. Indeed there are some that make it to their first teabreak and then don’t come back.

I blame modern parents, they spoil their brats, who then go on do do as little as they can. I made sure all my children know that I am there for them, but they must work. Tbh I don’t care if they get a job cleaning the carsies at Grimsby docks, just as long as they work.

I do of course make an exception for those going for higher education, and two of my kids are currently attending uni.

Parents should be leading by example, by working hard themselves, and making sure the kids have to work for everything they get, from an early age.

salisbury

I have to admit that in the cash and carry business, a lot of my colleagues are foreign. But those of us who are Brits have to work as hard as them, or we are out.

I am doing 40 hours plus overtime on the minimum wage and flat rate for any extra hours.

I can keep up, but many of the younger bods who they hire don’t last long. Indeed there are some that make it to their first teabreak and then don’t come back.

I blame modern parents, they spoil their brats, who then go on do do as little as they can. I made sure all my children know that I am there for them, but they must work. Tbh I don’t care if they get a job cleaning the carsies at Grimsby docks, just as long as they work.

I do of course make an exception for those going for higher education, and two of my kids are currently attending uni.

Parents should be leading by example, by working hard themselves, and making sure the kids have to work for everything they get, from an early age.

"

agreed.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

The problem now is that the lazy dole people have had children and created even ...worse lazy people who expect everything without doing anything for it x

salisbury

swings and roundabouts

the clubs will scream

The big clubs who play in the champions league will not be happy .There is a huge amount of money invested and made from the champions league .I can see it benefiting the national side however it benefits the young players training and playing with the best Europe has to offer .

I think money will talk and they will still have access to European footballers .

"

I think "money talks" will be Brexit's epitaph..

salisbury

"The problem now is that the lazy dole people have had children and created even ...worse lazy people who expect everything without doing anything for it x"

True, my nextdoor neighbour (council tenant) basically encouraged her daughter to become "a drop out" rather than go for the 11 plus. Wtf.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Very true

By *ilkysmooth123Man  over a year ago

nr sedbergh

A girl in my nieces class at school got a party thrown for her.Why?She had cracked it by getting pregnant at 14 thus never having to work for a living.Generations of some families have never worked.They dont know how to work,having never had a role model who held a job.Its a shame on the kids but theyve never been shown different.

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 23/09/18 20:43:21]

Newcastle and Gateshead

swings and roundabouts

the clubs will scream

I think "money talks" will be Brexit's epitaph.."

it might be for the premier league.... it wont be for the home office!

pages 563-565 of the premier league handbook.... interesting reading... (i am a football nerd, i went and had a look)

By *riefcase_WankerMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Do people employ Polish plumbers for example because they're fast and highly skilled, or because they're cheap?"

Although anecdotal, in my experience working on site, I'd generally see the English lads sitting in the van at five to 8, fag in hand, feet up on the dashboard reading the Star and drinking a cuppa, meanwhile Pawel had been grafting since 7.

They also made sure they got their break at 10.30, had a nice hour for lunch and another tea break at 3, and took POETS day on Friday, whereas the Polish lads barely stopped for lunch and worked like Japanese prisoners of war

*shrugs*

By *riefcase_WankerMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Technology and automation is increasingly doing mundane low skilled manual jobs though so there is less need for all of this immigration. "

Though weirdly, I've never heard of anyone ever say something along the lines of "Look at all of these fackin' robots, comin over 'ere, stealing our jobs, working for no pay, paying no tax..."

Bristol East

"

pages 563-565 of the premier league handbook.... interesting reading... (i am a football nerd, i went and had a look)"

I recall a time when a football team was limited to a maximum of 3 non-national players in their team.

Then there was a ruling - Bosman or something - that it breached freedom of movement rules in Europe.

So any EU national could play in any team in the EU.

For non-EU players, I think he UK stipulates the player has to have played so many games for their national side, i.e. they are demonstrably better than a player they might recruit in the UK labour market.

I wonder if the UK will go back to that - a side can play only 3 non-UK players.

Bristol East

"

Technology and automation is increasingly doing mundane low skilled manual jobs though so there is less need for all of this immigration. "

Are they foreign machines though?

Are we importing foreign robots to replace foreign workers?

Ok, why?"

I did veg picking seasonally as an undergraduate.

I was friends with some young locals who wanted more money.

I told them they could do veg picking on their days off with me and my undergraduate friends. They needed to commit to doing it though and they needed to starting work at 5:30am. Not setting off, but working.

It wasn't the manual aspect which put them off. It was having to commit to several early hour starts.

The nature of the work will put several off. Due to it being mucky, mid strenuous labour, the weather, but the biggest factor is starting when you could still be sleeping.

"

Technology and automation is increasingly doing mundane low skilled manual jobs though so there is less need for all of this immigration.

Are they foreign machines though?

Are we importing foreign robots to replace foreign workers?

"

Damn Japanese robotics making it harder for me to blame a person for my troubles...

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

swings and roundabouts

the clubs will scream

Let them scream, they've ruined the enjoyment of the game for many, as Clem said the richest clubs just buy titles and cups now. They've turned it from a sport into a business and many real salt of the earth football fans resent what they've done to the game.

These big clubs have brought in foreign players for too long to the detriment of the national UK teams when domestic players are not even getting a look in. "

It's not a new phenomenon is it though, half the Scotland and Ireland teams were at Liverpool and Utd in the 80's. What was the reason for England not qualifying for '75 & '78 with no foreign players keeping nationals out of the club sides?, remember the 3 'homegrown' rule that Uefa applied at the relaunch of the European Cup as the CL...that worked out well for USA'94 didn't it!

By *essica jamiesonWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Do people employ Polish plumbers for example because they're fast and highly skilled, or because they're cheap?"
polish plumbers are not cheap!! " not the one who gave me a quote recently!

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Clem the fact that British people are not generally willing to do certain jobs is not because the British are lazy, nor is it a question of remuneration, it is a question of expectations. We, the British, like the populations of all the 'settled' Western nations consider some jobs to be menial and beneath us (except when we are doing them as summer holiday or temporary jobs while a student). In fact we have taken this fixation with status to such extremes that people like me (an abseiler or dope on a rope) are called 'industrial rope access technicians'!

salisbury

"Do people employ Polish plumbers for example because they're fast and highly skilled, or because they're cheap?polish plumbers are not cheap!! " not the one who gave me a quote recently! "

Ah, obviously progressed from cash in hand jobs then...

"Do people employ Polish plumbers for example because they're fast and highly skilled, or because they're cheap?polish plumbers are not cheap!! " not the one who gave me a quote recently!

Ah, obviously progressed from cash in hand jobs then..."

im still on cash for hand jobs.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's a trope that a right wing media, which is not in pursuit of what's in the everyday person's interests, has been happy to promote.

It's also helped support divide and conquer, where you have been deflected towards each other, instead of others.

Bristol East

I was on a cross country train when the announcer introduced himself as the “mobile catering operative”.

What the . . . ?

The guy with the drink and snacks trolly.

upton wirral

The brits are lazy very lazy in my view.Many years ago when employing people,aplicants from overseas got preference.That might surprise many as I am a brexiteer as you know

upton wirral

"It's a trope that a right wing media, which is not in pursuit of what's in the everyday person's interests, has been happy to promote.

It's also helped support divide and conquer, where you have been deflected towards each other, instead of others."

Conspiracy theory crap

upton wirral

"I was on a cross country train when the announcer introduced himself as the “mobile catering operative”.

What the . . . ?

The guy with the drink and snacks trolly.

"

Wellcome to the 21st century

upton wirral

Clem the fact that British people are not generally willing to do certain jobs is not because the British are lazy, nor is it a question of remuneration, it is a question of expectations. We, the British, like the populations of all the 'settled' Western nations consider some jobs to be menial and beneath us (except when we are doing them as summer holiday or temporary jobs while a student). In fact we have taken this fixation with status to such extremes that people like me (an abseiler or dope on a rope) are called 'industrial rope access technicians'!

"

In plain english lazy

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

I've worked in a lot of places where, I'm one the only English speaker there. So when asking for advice on the next task I have to work through the broken English. So when they are having a native language chat it does feel rather clicky and isolating.

I lived in France for a year and felt more included there.

The lazy Brits approach from employers is pure tosh. What they won't talk about is the elephant in the room that is wages.

Being in the European state and government (not community;, it has become an employers' market.

Hands up anyone; when was the last time you saw time and a half/double time for working on Saturdays and Sundays? It was 2004/5 for me. Was that when Poland joined up? Their is a lot of foreign staffed agencies in Peterborough all chasing too few jobs.

Slagging off the Brits as lazy is racist.

More workers on the market = lower wages.

Less workers on the market = higher wages.

Supply and demand.

Would you work the night shift for single rate?

salisbury

"I've worked in a lot of places where, I'm one the only English speaker there. So when asking for advice on the next task I have to work through the broken English. So when they are having a native language chat it does feel rather clicky and isolating.

The lazy Brits approach from employers is pure tosh. What they won't talk about is the elephant in the room that is wages.

Being in the European state and government (not community;, it has become an employers' market.

Hands up anyone; when was the last time you saw time and a half/double time for working on Saturdays and Sundays? It was 2004/5 for me. Was that when Poland joined up? Their is a lot of foreign staffed agencies in Peterborough all chasing too few jobs.

Supply and demand.

Would you work the night shift for single rate?"

Agreed

As has been said before, if nurses etc were paid 30-35k you'd probably find alot more brits would want to take it up as a career. Same was many other industries that seem to rely on immigrants. I thank my lucky stars my industry is so heavily regulated its almost impossible for immigrants to come into it. Although industry had tried by trying to push down the requirements for standards of English for example.

Supply and demand only covers the price of a trade. It doesn’t explicitly show how many trades will take place .... so while less workers may make the average wage go up ... it only includes those who are in employment. It doesn’t cover the employment rate ... as a company can choose not to employee the marginal employee.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"As has been said before, if nurses etc were paid 30-35k you'd probably find alot more brits would want to take it up as a career. "

You can achieve that by grade 5, it's the what do you support yourself with for 3 years now there's no bursary that's the problem with recruitment, and the fed up with being shit on that's the problem with retention

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

In my experience there is a sense of entitlement amongst some of our fellow citizens which is not matched by their ability, application, aptitude or commitment.

Typical stereo typing...

I have south Asian and blsck guys as work colleagues who are lazy and skive off too

salisbury

Typical stereo typing...

I have south Asian and blsck guys as work colleagues who are lazy and skive off too"

Immigrant or native?

salisbury

Typical stereo typing...

I have south Asian and blsck guys as work colleagues who are lazy and skive off too

Immigrant or native?"

Sorry that's my bad, just reading back through, i thought Fabio had been talking about any race being born here as being "native". (On many other threads) But no, it seems he only means "native" as in Anglo Saxon. I'd hoped I'd been wrong about him. But it does seem recently that he has an anti-white rhetoric. I'm sure he feels well justified.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Of course it’s not true. Yes, we have our quota of lazy buggers just like every country. The ones that come here want to work and get on, that’s why they come. Their lazy buggers stay at home. Let’s stop putting ourselves down.

Blame it on the latest wave of foreign workers rather than a less equal society? There’s a lot of skirting around the racism/anti-foreign issue which is always the easy route to take when you look at the iniquity of modern life. I have always lived in multi cultural communities since I was a boy and it has always impressed me as to how hard a lot of new arrivals to this country work and what they are willing to put up with in terms of both working and living conditions to earn their crust. They often work two or three jobs to support their families and both here and at home and they are seeing the rewards because they are competent and willing to work hard. I am a little surprised that Polish builders are still being talked about because the ones I know are either settled here with their families or have returned to Poland as the exchange rate is not as favourable as it was. Don’t forget that we didn’t want to join the euro because of our strong pound so therefore we became more attractive as the wages here went a lot further back there. Also the builders I knew had all done apprenticeships and training back in Poland and were often multi skilled and better organised than your average jobbing builder from the uk. It’s also the case that any uk builder who is good at what they do is in demand all over the world so it’s that old supply and demand thing. If it’s any consolation I was in Spain five years ago and most of the site workers were Chinese so go figure that one out!

Peterborough

And how many Brits go over to places like Saudi, for the extra money?

salisbury

"And how many Brits go over to places like Saudi, for the extra money?"

Doing the work the natives see as below them......

Typical stereo typing...

Immigrant or native?"

1 of each

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"It's a trope that a right wing media, which is not in pursuit of what's in the everyday person's interests, has been happy to promote.

It's also helped support divide and conquer, where you have been deflected towards each other, instead of others.Conspiracy theory crap"

The media is clearly dominated by very right wing parties, including foreign owners such as Murdoch. Your lazy post sums up your position

I’m a bit confused here - you seem so keen to stir things up in various forum posts but all I really see is you playing devils advocate - do you actually have a point of view or are you just happy to stir the pot one way or another? No malice intended by the way - just wondering what your motivation is

salisbury

It's also helped support divide and conquer, where you have been deflected towards each other, instead of others.Conspiracy theory crap

The media is clearly dominated by very right wing parties, including foreign owners such as Murdoch. Your lazy post sums up your position "

Bloody foreigners, coming over here.... owning our media....

By *itolderguy48Man  over a year ago

Newport

"The problem now is that the lazy dole people have had children and created even ...worse lazy people who expect everything without doing anything for it x"

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

Such a generalised view which is what leads to a bigoted view of the world, in so many countries the local seem lazy as the migrants coming in are not used to the standards the locals are used to but I do not think you can base a view on any nation on the few that are on shows like Jeremy Kyle

Ok, why?

Sending money home eh? That's not great news for the economy. A good reason to get extra work though if the only reason you're here is for money for home, and you're not interested in work/life balance."

its not that bad buddy, PP (purchasing power) add up when anyone works (local or non local) homeless is burden not the other one. Don't look for bigger industry and economy correction can be started from micro economy which is core in global environment and open market, how if you want to know and debate I can added up.

salisbury

Such a generalised view which is what leads to a bigoted view of the world, in so many countries the local seem lazy as the migrants coming in are not used to the standards the locals are used to but I do not think you can base a view on any nation on the few that are on shows like Jeremy Kyle"

It really is isn't it.

Ok, why?

If they are paying tax, NI and living in the country they are contributing to the government coffers, local economy etc therefore are good for the UK economy - unless they are doing it illegally!

salisbury

Ok, why?

Sending money home eh? That's not great news for the economy. A good reason to get extra work though if the only reason you're here is for money for home, and you're not interested in work/life balance.

If they are paying tax, NI and living in the country they are contributing to the government coffers, local economy etc therefore are good for the UK economy - unless they are doing it illegally! "

Oh. I'm sure they wouldn't dare! After all they only came here to help US out, right?

Ok, why?

If they are paying tax, NI and living in the country they are contributing to the government coffers, local economy etc therefore are good for the UK economy - unless they are doing it illegally!

Oh. I'm sure they wouldn't dare! After all they only came here to help US out, right?"

Think you need to go back to school and study economics and come back once you have completed your education!

salisbury

Ok, why?

Oh. I'm sure they wouldn't dare! After all they only came here to help US out, right?

Think you need to go back to school and study economics and come back once you have completed your education! "

Ah! The old insulting people's education levels..... can't beat it

Ok, why?

Think you need to go back to school and study economics and come back once you have completed your education!

Ah! The old insulting people's education levels..... can't beat it "

Well it'd help if you weren't making yourself out as an idiot.

"Oh. I'm sure they wouldn't dare! After all they only came here to help US out, right?"

what the actual fuck does that actually mean?

By *ickygirl41Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Lazy is probably the wrong word to use, I think the issue is a lot of the jobs they see are beneath them, which are the jobs that the people from outside the UK do, which the locals could do "

And the problem then is in value of work and attitudes to the value within.

In Sweden there is a saying that roughly translates as "do you think my sweat is worth less than yours?" when we stop denigrating work and viewing it as a status symbol it will change.

It’s just about 50/50 native Brits and migrants where I work. We all have to work as hard as each other (those who ain’t brown nosing the bosses that is), otherwise it’s a P45 on its way.

Peterborough

"I've worked in a lot of places where, I'm one the only English speaker there. So when asking for advice on the next task I have to work through the broken English. So when they are having a native language chat it does feel rather clicky and isolating.

Supply and demand.

Agreed

As has been said before, if nurses etc were paid 30-35k you'd probably find alot more brits would want to take it up as a career. Same was many other industries that seem to rely on immigrants. I thank my lucky stars my industry is so heavily regulated its almost impossible for immigrants to come into it. Although industry had tried by trying to push down the requirements for standards of English for example. "

There has been quite a few nurses serving their time in Blighty then buggering of to sunnier climes like Saudi, because the money is a lot better over there. The void left in England is then replaced with imported staff, with their view of English wages being higher than there own.

I must admit that my firm don’t do overtime rates. It’s all on flat rate, minimum wage. GROOVY!

"I must admit that my firm don’t do overtime rates. It’s all on flat rate, minimum wage. GROOVY!"

Change your job then!

"I must admit that my firm don’t do overtime rates. It’s all on flat rate, minimum wage. GROOVY!

Change your job then!"

Not so easy at my age...

Any firm who do not pay overtime rates are not worth working for.......unless your salary is over 45k

[Removed by poster at 22/10/18 04:44:12]

But isn’t there some Immigrants who come to this country have no intentions of finding work & just trying to claim benefits so they can send the money back to their families?

I think we need to sort out the immigrants who really wants to work & the ones who don’t can’t claim benefits/citizenship should be sent back to their own countries or be forced to work.

"But isn’t there some Immigrants who come to this country have no intentions of finding work & just trying to claim benefits so they can send the money back to their families?

I think we need to sort out the immigrants who really wants to work & the ones who don’t can’t claim benefits/citizenship should be sent back to their own countries or be forced to work. "

My understanding is that you can't just move to another country and claim benefits - well you can't in France! You have to have been in, and paid into the system, for a period of time, before you are entitled to quantify for benefits. However I have never claimed so not an expert - open to those better qualified than me.

Has anybody seen the video of the white British man racially abusing a black lady passenger?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Has anybody seen the video of the white British man racially abusing a black lady passenger? "

Yes, disgraceful behaviour. The police are now involved, and social media will see that this bloke will get a hard time.

Are Ryanair about to become the Montgomery Bus Company?

Supply and demand.

Agreed

As has been said before, if nurses etc were paid 30-35k you'd probably find alot more brits would want to take it up as a career. Same was many other industries that seem to rely on immigrants. I thank my lucky stars my industry is so heavily regulated its almost impossible for immigrants to come into it. Although industry had tried by trying to push down the requirements for standards of English for example.

There has been quite a few nurses serving their time in Blighty then buggering of to sunnier climes like Saudi, because the money is a lot better over there. The void left in England is then replaced with imported staff, with their view of English wages being higher than there own."

I know quite a few nurses and yes some of them do go to work abroad after completing a few years working here but that’s nothing new. You could argue that all doctors nurses consultants should have to work off the debt that their training has cost the nhs but where would you draw the line. Some take advantage of the system and work privately, which is a bit galling when the nhs has to pay them to do operations that could be done by the same surgeons when they are doing their three days a week for the nhs. But there is not enough capacity or staff in the nhs to do the work. Your point about nurses going abroad is valid but they tend to be the singletons with no family ties and they often go to work for a few years abroad and then return to raise a family. Nursing is a profession that ought to be better paid and respected. I met a specialist burns nurse who has 25 years experience and is at the top of his game who lives in a rented flat in south London (the one he’s been in for 23 years) and he has been told that the flat now has to be let at market rates, which is 2 1/2 times what he and his partner currently pay. To be able to afford a similar size property and the cost of commuting he would have to make a 1 3/4 hour journey and he would lose all his friends and be displaced to somewhere he doesn’t want to live. So how does anyone expect to retain trained and loyal staff if after 25 years of working they find their income after expenses reduced to near that of a trainee. So, he is looking at taking his experience abroad where he will earn a much higher wage and not have to pay tax so that he can build up a nest egg to pay a deposit on a property. It’s a topsy turvy world isn’t it

Supply and demand.

Agreed

There has been quite a few nurses serving their time in Blighty then buggering of to sunnier climes like Saudi, because the money is a lot better over there. The void left in England is then replaced with imported staff, with their view of English wages being higher than there own.

I know quite a few nurses and yes some of them do go to work abroad after completing a few years working here but that’s nothing new. You could argue that all doctors nurses consultants should have to work off the debt that their training has cost the nhs but where would you draw the line. Some take advantage of the system and work privately, which is a bit galling when the nhs has to pay them to do operations that could be done by the same surgeons when they are doing their three days a week for the nhs. But there is not enough capacity or staff in the nhs to do the work. Your point about nurses going abroad is valid but they tend to be the singletons with no family ties and they often go to work for a few years abroad and then return to raise a family. Nursing is a profession that ought to be better paid and respected. I met a specialist burns nurse who has 25 years experience and is at the top of his game who lives in a rented flat in south London (the one he’s been in for 23 years) and he has been told that the flat now has to be let at market rates, which is 2 1/2 times what he and his partner currently pay. To be able to afford a similar size property and the cost of commuting he would have to make a 1 3/4 hour journey and he would lose all his friends and be displaced to somewhere he doesn’t want to live. So how does anyone expect to retain trained and loyal staff if after 25 years of working they find their income after expenses reduced to near that of a trainee. So, he is looking at taking his experience abroad where he will earn a much higher wage and not have to pay tax so that he can build up a nest egg to pay a deposit on a property. It’s a topsy turvy world isn’t it"

What a shame!

The problem is we have always needed about 250,000 new homes each year - we stopped building this number in the 70's and hence the shortages! Some people just don't earn enough to be able to buy their own place so we need good old fashioned council houses!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Has anybody seen the video of the white British man racially abusing a black lady passenger? "

The sad thing is that it isn’t the first and certainly won’t be the last.. the only thing that is different now is that it is caught on mobile phones and posted on the internet

» Add a new message to this topic