FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Loony left

Loony left

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

Now the loony left are calling for a General strike if they don't get a General election.Back to the dark days and they call themselves progressive

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

It was only one MP, and spoken at a fringe meeting.

A Labour front bencher has come out and said that it's not party policy.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It might not be party policy now, but if Corbyn didn’t get his general election or his referendum, he might well change his mind and ask the trades unions to strike. He and his swivel eyed mates are good at changing their minds even after making promises.

They couldn’t be trusted to run a bath, (not that they would given their lack of the flannel), let alone a country. That is why we are stuck with Ms May. There is no credible opposition.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so can i choose anything said by 1 conservative mp.. and slander then all as swivel eyed loons and call it "tory party policy"

in fact can i choose the conservative mp.....

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"It might not be party policy now, but if Corbyn didn’t get his general election or his referendum, he might well change his mind and ask the trades unions to strike. He and his swivel eyed mates are good at changing their minds even after making promises.

They couldn’t be trusted to run a bath, (not that they would given their lack of the flannel), let alone a country. That is why we are stuck with Ms May. There is no credible opposition."

I think we are stuck with May because everyone else has realised this is a poisoned chalice and won’t go near it. Corbin has basically been standing back and letting the Tories implode all on their own.

That said, as has been said before, it is a shame there is not a strong anti-Brexit party. Lib Dem’s were closest I think, they seem to have completely vanished as far as I can see.

-Matt

Barbados

"so can i choose anything said by 1 conservative mp.. and slander then all as swivel eyed loons and call it "tory party policy"

in fact can i choose the conservative mp..... "

Oh god.... you are going to be spoiled for choice!

-Matt

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

"It was only one MP, and spoken at a fringe meeting.

A Labour front bencher has come out and said that it's not party policy."

well I'm glad they are against that for once we have a straight answer because all I have seen all conference is people saying things then when the leaders are ask they avoid the question.

Operation fear of corbyn winning the next GE had started .Surely somebody was caught on camera talking about being the next Mao or Stalin at the conference .The right as usual are scrapping the barrel to smear corbyn .

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"It might not be party policy now, but if Corbyn didn’t get his general election or his referendum, he might well change his mind and ask the trades unions to strike. He and his swivel eyed mates are good at changing their minds even after making promises.

They couldn’t be trusted to run a bath, (not that they would given their lack of the flannel), let alone a country. That is why we are stuck with Ms May. There is no credible opposition.

I think we are stuck with May because everyone else has realised this is a poisoned chalice and won’t go near it. Corbin has basically been standing back and letting the Tories implode all on their own.

-Matt"

If that was true then Corbyn and Labour should be streets ahead in the polls. The Conservative party and Labour are neck and neck, and when it comes to personal leadership polls on Corbyn vs May then Corbyn is trailing behind Theresa May by around 20 points!

These figures were just given on BBC Newsnight about an hour ago.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"If that was true then Corbyn and Labour should be streets ahead in the polls. The Conservative party and Labour are neck and neck, and when it comes to personal leadership polls on Corbyn vs May then Corbyn is trailing behind Theresa May by around 20 points!

These figures were just given on BBC Newsnight about an hour ago. "

Centy, the media is owned by right, the only supposedly non biased media (the BBC) has been taken over by the Tory party. And before you say I am wrong check the CV's of every single person in charge of news, politics, the directors of programming and the DG. All are either former chairs of Conservative party branches or full time Conservative Party officials. The real question you should be asking is how come with such a media bias against him and the obvious continual smear campaigns being run against him has he so much support? Of course you are unwilling to ask that question because it would mean you first have to acknowledge that he is the subject to the most massive negative propaganda campaign we have seen in peacetime in modern history.

And now you will parrot the propaganda you have been fed as if it is your own like any good little functionary of the state who has been given their opinion by 'big brother'.

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

"so can i choose anything said by 1 conservative mp.. and slander then all as swivel eyed loons and call it "tory party policy"

Yes .

I have 1 of 20 i am thinking of .

That should leave at least 50 .

Oh by the way im not picking your choice

Oh god.... you are going to be spoiled for choice!

-Matt"

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"If that was true then Corbyn and Labour should be streets ahead in the polls. The Conservative party and Labour are neck and neck, and when it comes to personal leadership polls on Corbyn vs May then Corbyn is trailing behind Theresa May by around 20 points!

Centy, the media is owned by right, the only supposedly non biased media (the BBC) has been taken over by the Tory party. And before you say I am wrong check the CV's of every single person in charge of news, politics, the directors of programming and the DG. All are either former chairs of Conservative party branches or full time Conservative Party officials. The real question you should be asking is how come with such a media bias against him and the obvious continual smear campaigns being run against him has he so much support? Of course you are unwilling to ask that question because it would mean you first have to acknowledge that he is the subject to the most massive negative propaganda campaign we have seen in peacetime in modern history.

And now you will parrot the propaganda you have been fed as if it is your own like any good little functionary of the state who has been given their opinion by 'big brother'. "

Hahahahahahahahaha! It's all fake news ay will? When it comes to the biggest negative propaganda campaign we've seen in peacetime in modern history surely the negative propaganda campaign against Donald Trump has to take that title, and you've swallowed all the propaganda you've been fed by the likes of the BBC on Trump hook line and sinker!

News which supports my views. True.

News which doesn’t support my views. Fake.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There have been so many threads on this one MPs comments.

The key insanity atm is the conservative party having done nothing but sustain an implosion whilst various scum seek to prepare for them being its leader - all the while. brexit looms closer as a general cluster-fuck

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"There have been so many threads on this one MPs comments.

The key insanity atm is the conservative party having done nothing but sustain an implosion whilst various scum seek to prepare for them being its leader - all the while. brexit looms closer as a general cluster-fuck"

Such a nice turn of phrase you have for people you disagree with.

And now you will parrot the propaganda you have been fed as if it is your own like any good little functionary of the state who has been given their opinion by 'big brother'. "

Extra, extra, read all about it!!

Every single person in charge of news, politics at the BBC are either former chairs of Conservative party branches or full time Conservative Party officials.

All the directors of programming and the DG at the BBC are either former chairs of Conservative party branches or full time Conservative Party officials.

Another will² shocker! You read it here first!

You've obviously seen the CVs of all these BBC executives to make such a claim so is there any chance you can back it up with some evidence, links etc., please?

As for being 'taken over', do you mean it wasn't biased before?

I seem to remember the BBC had an ince5tuous relationship with the Labour Party during the Blair years - but of course Blair was a Tory plant!

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

They are all useing clusterfuck now tho lol funny as it’s from a naff Clint Eastwood film called heartbreak ridge _abio must be a massive fan of the film aswell uses it daily on here lol

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"They are all useing clusterfuck now tho lol funny as it’s from a naff Clint Eastwood film called heartbreak ridge _abio must be a massive fan of the film aswell uses it daily on here lol"

i can use the term "shitshower" instead if it gets the point across.....

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"

You've obviously seen the CVs of all these BBC executives to make such a claim so is there any chance you can back it up with some evidence, links etc., please?

"

Where do you start...?

Chris Patten

Thea Rogers

Craig Oliver

Rob Gibb

Guto Hari

James Landale

James Harding

Nick Robinson

Andrew Neil

That said, as has been said before, it is a shame there is not a strong anti-Brexit party. Lib Dem’s were closest I think, they seem to have completely vanished as far as I can see.

-Matt"

I guess she is in power because her party are consistently more popular than any other party . Various posters on here can smear at her but that is of course irrelevant . The only result that matters is the one returned on election day.

She is the ideal choice for a prime minister . A church going vicars daughter married to a very successfull and down to earth fund manager .

She is a great prime minister. However the praise is not totally unconditional. Boris Johnson or William Rees Mogg might be even bettèr. At least they would save us a 50 million exit fee from.the EU.

By *lbert_shlossedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

The far left are like some bizarre flesh eating virus, chomping away at there own now that anybody with half a brain cell won't have anything to do with them!.

Which is good because there a very dangerous bunch, far more dangerous than the far right.

Grantham

-Matt I guess she is in power because her party are consistently more popular than any other party . Various posters on here can smear at her but that is of course irrelevant . The only result that matters is the one returned on election day.

She is the ideal choice for a prime minister . A church going vicars daughter married to a very successfull and down to earth fund manager .

She is a great prime minister. However the praise is not totally unconditional. Boris Johnson or William Rees Mogg might be even bettèr. At least they would save us a 50 million exit fee from.the EU. "

If only it was 50 million!

-Matt I guess she is in power because her party are consistently more popular than any other party . Various posters on here can smear at her but that is of course irrelevant . The only result that matters is the one returned on election day.

She is a great prime minister. However the praise is not totally unconditional. Boris Johnson or William Rees Mogg might be even bettèr. At least they would save us a 50 million exit fee from.the EU.

If only it was 50 million! "

Apologies . Typo. 50 billion

"

Where do you start...?

Chris Patten

Thea Rogers

Craig Oliver

Rob Gibb

Guto Hari

James Landale

James Harding

Nick Robinson

Andrew Neil"

Thanks for the list.

Now please give their current job title at the BBC e.g. in charge of news/politics or directors of programming or the Director General at the BBC?

Please also list the Conservative party branches they were chairs of or their function as full time Conservative Party officials.

Central

The key insanity atm is the conservative party having done nothing but sustain an implosion whilst various scum seek to prepare for them being its leader - all the while. brexit looms closer as a general cluster-fuck

Such a nice turn of phrase you have for people you disagree with. "

The adjectives are perhaps a little rose-tinted. I typically review meta-analyses, so that any extreme outlying focus is subsumed within reasoned perspectives.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"

Where do you start...?

Chris Patten

Thea Rogers

Craig Oliver

Rob Gibb

Guto Hari

James Landale

James Harding

Nick Robinson

Andrew Neil

Thanks for the list.

Now please give their current job title at the BBC e.g. in charge of news/politics or directors of programming or the Director General at the BBC?

Please also list the Conservative party branches they were chairs of or their function as full time Conservative Party officials."

Pull your finger out and stop expecting everyone else to do the explaining for you

Barbados

She is a great prime minister. However the praise is not totally unconditional. Boris Johnson or William Rees Mogg might be even bettèr. At least they would save us a 50 million exit fee from.the EU. "

Pat. On a swingers site. On the internet. You are claiming that May's a good fit for the job because she is a "church going vicars daughter". Seriously? This is the woman than was pushing for the 'snoopers charter', and increasingly pushing for increases in the surveillance state, and pushed for many of the acts we enjoy in this community to be illegal.

And for the record, I don't try to 'smear' her. I mainly point out her complete and obvious failings in her role.

And you are right, the only result that matters is the one on election day... the election that *she* called and *she* lost a significant proportion of her seats.

But yeah.... keep calling that support if you want.

-Matt

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Can see why you have focused on the totally irrelevant fact that she is a vicars daughter Pat, instead of May's tenure as Home Sec because that was a bit of a failure in some area's was it not..

out of the two the latter is a tad more important than that her Dad was a vicar but as usual in la la land you can't acknowledge what is appropriate..

"

Where do you start...?

Chris Patten

Thea Rogers

Craig Oliver

Rob Gibb

Guto Hari

James Landale

James Harding

Nick Robinson

Andrew Neil

Thanks for the list.

Please also list the Conservative party branches they were chairs of or their function as full time Conservative Party officials.

Pull your finger out and stop expecting everyone else to do the explaining for you"

If you can't give their BBC job titles and their Conservative Party functions, the names you've given are irrelevant.

You may as well have given us your shopping list.

Grantham

"

Where do you start...?

Chris Patten

Thea Rogers

Craig Oliver

Rob Gibb

Guto Hari

James Landale

James Harding

Nick Robinson

Andrew Neil

Thanks for the list.

Pull your finger out and stop expecting everyone else to do the explaining for you

If you can't give their BBC job titles and their Conservative Party functions, the names you've given are irrelevant.

"

Chris Patten retired from the BBC in 2014.

James Harding left the BBC at the start of this year.

James Landales political affiliations aren't really known.

Nick Robinson and Andrew Neil's links to the Conservative Party are well known.

"

Where do you start...?

Chris Patten

Thea Rogers

Craig Oliver

Rob Gibb

Guto Hari

James Landale

James Harding

Nick Robinson

Andrew Neil

Thanks for the list.

Chris Patten retired from the BBC in 2014.

James Harding left the BBC at the start of this year.

James Landales political affiliations aren't really known.

Nick Robinson and Andrew Neil's links to the Conservative Party are well known.

"

Are they 'currently', not 'former', heads of programming, director general or in charge of news/politics?

That's who will² said are all ex Conservative Party branch chairs or full time Conservative Party officials.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

[Removed by poster at 27/09/18 22:23:52]

Can see why you have focused on the totally irrelevant fact that she is a vicars daughter Pat, instead of May's tenure as Home Sec because that was a bit of a failure in some area's was it not..

out of the two the latter is a tad more important than that her Dad was a vicar but as usual in la la land you can't acknowledge what is appropriate..

"

To others and the electorate maybe the most important point of all has been picked up .

The first describes her background and the second identifies her success ( being leader of a party that has gained more seats than any other ) . I guess that those who smear at her are simply jealous of her success .

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

To others and the electorate maybe the most important point of all has been picked up .

The first describes her background and the second identifies her success ( being leader of a party that has gained more seats than any other ) . I guess that those who smear at her are simply jealous of her success ."

Being a vicars daughter has nothing at all to do with the position of Pm, being a poor home sec is more relevant to the post..

Being pm because no one else wanted it is also relevant..

Barbados

The first describes her background and the second identifies her success ( being leader of a party that has gained more seats than any other ) . I guess that those who smear at her are simply jealous of her success ."

What has being a vicars daughter got to do with anything? Do you think that shows some kind of moral superiority? Some kind of inate goodness? Why would a vicar's daughter be somehow a better 'background' than a miner's daughter? Or a chemistry teacher's daughter? Or a house cleaner's daughter? Or a software engineer's daughter?

And what does who she choose to marry have to do with it either? You trying to imply she is a gold digger? Or that she make sound financial decisions? It could be argued either way from that point. Trump married (well, I've not got enough room to go into all of them, but most recently) a model. Does that make him a better or worse president because of it? Boris Johnson is estranged from his wife and Rees-Mogg's wife is called Helene de Chair. Do you care to pass judgement on what that means for either of their suitability for the role of PM?

You do remember when May became PM, right? You remember the process? The process in which pretty much every other runner stepped back and she was the only one left standing? You do recall her tenure as Home Sec in which she managed to fail to meet every target she set for 8 years?

-Matt

The first describes her background and the second identifies her success ( being leader of a party that has gained more seats than any other ) . I guess that those who smear at her are simply jealous of her success .

What has being a vicars daughter got to do with anything? Do you think that shows some kind of moral superiority? Some kind of inate goodness? Why would a vicar's daughter be somehow a better 'background' than a miner's daughter? Or a chemistry teacher's daughter? Or a house cleaner's daughter? Or a software engineer's daughter?

And what does who she choose to marry have to do with it either? You trying to imply she is a gold digger? Or that she make sound financial decisions? It could be argued either way from that point. Trump married (well, I've not got enough room to go into all of them, but most recently) a model. Does that make him a better or worse president because of it? Boris Johnson is estranged from his wife and Rees-Mogg's wife is called Helene de Chair. Do you care to pass judgement on what that means for either of their suitability for the role of PM?

You do remember when May became PM, right? You remember the process? The process in which pretty much every other runner stepped back and she was the only one left standing? You do recall her tenure as Home Sec in which she managed to fail to meet every target she set for 8 years?

-Matt"

If the description house cleaners daughter was used, it would give people the chance to praise someone for progressing in life. Making a statement of fact is hardly passing judgement.

If tough targets are set , no one should be embarrassed by not achieving them.

With regard to the election campaign I guess the other candidates decided that she was so good they would not compete against her.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

And now you will parrot the propaganda you have been fed as if it is your own like any good little functionary of the state who has been given their opinion by 'big brother'.

Hahahahahahahahaha! It's all fake news ay will? When it comes to the biggest negative propaganda campaign we've seen in peacetime in modern history surely the negative propaganda campaign against Donald Trump has to take that title, and you've swallowed all the propaganda you've been fed by the likes of the BBC on Trump hook line and sinker! "

So.....

A poster who criticises the BBC has clarly swallowed all the propaganda he's been fed....

By the BBC....

The anti-intellectualism of the far-right reaps what it sows, it seems.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Vicars daughter and fund manager?

Central

"

Morally bankrupt and persistent failure in her previous job. Spawned disgusting complications for the Windrush families and responsible for the suffering and pain of many.

Of course she's led a rabble of in-fighting scum who have wasted most of the 2 years Brexit negotiating period due to not getting an agreement amongst themselves. That would be gross misconduct in any other job.

Morally bankrupt and persistent failure in her previous job. Spawned disgusting complications for the Windrush families and responsible for the suffering and pain of many.

Of course she's led a rabble of in-fighting scum who have wasted most of the 2 years Brexit negotiating period due to not getting an agreement amongst themselves. That would be gross misconduct in any other job.

"

bunch of immoral millionaires looking after their gravey train, and bollocks to everyone else. I see Cameron vsnished with his dodgy offshore cash inheritance

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Let's start with this one:-

Britain does not dream of some cosy, isolated existence on the fringes of the European Community. Our destiny is in Europe, as part of the Community.

Margaret Thatcher, Bruges - 22 September 1988

Widnes

"The far left are like some bizarre flesh eating virus, chomping away at there own now that anybody with half a brain cell won't have anything to do with them!.

Which is good because there a very dangerous bunch, far more dangerous than the far right."

I see little difference between the two to be frank. Both will reckon the economy for their own ideological aims and then look for someone or anyone else to blame.

Widnes

Such a nice turn of phrase you have for people you disagree with.

The adjectives are perhaps a little rose-tinted. I typically review meta-analyses, so that any extreme outlying focus is subsumed within reasoned perspectives. "

What?

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Britain does not dream of some cosy, isolated existence on the fringes of the European Community. Our destiny is in Europe, as part of the Community.

Margaret Thatcher, Bruges - 22 September 1988"

“We have not successfully rolled back the frontiers of the state in Britain, only to see them re-imposed at a European level, with a European super-state exercising a new dominance from Brussels”

Margaret Thatcher, same speech.

Derby

"I want my money back"..Margaret Thatcher, 1979

Derby

“Now we’ve signed it, we had better read it”

Douglas Hurd, Foreign Minister, Feb 7 1992, the day we signed the Maastricht Treaty.

By *pertureTV/TS  over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

does anyone remember when the newspapers and tv used to take either side to task on real issues effecting everyone, instead in this one sided assasination of a party who actualy care about real issue, all the main papers are owned by people who dont pay tax, same with most of the tv channels, the beeb is totaly in the pocket of the tories, we have seen the piece meal sell of of anything worth while, by the tories, and yet not a peep out of the press, thousands of deaths from people on benefits being sanctioned, cover ups over pedophile rings in west monster, the conservatives have no policies, all they have is slander which they use to great effect, and some of you buy it.

yet you call the left loonie, its enough to make a cat laugh.

Widnes

“We have not successfully rolled back the frontiers of the state in Britain, only to see them re-imposed at a European level, with a European super-state exercising a new dominance from Brussels”

Margaret Thatcher, same speech."

And I agree with both. I don't want a European super-state and I don't want a cosy isolated existence on the fringes of the European community.

Widnes

"I want my money back"..Margaret Thatcher, 1979"

And we got it back. It's called the rebate.

Widnes

Douglas Hurd, Foreign Minister, Feb 7 1992, the day we signed the Maastricht Treaty."

I think that's called a joke.

Derby

And I agree with both. I don't want a European super-state and I don't want a cosy isolated existence on the fringes of the European community.

"

And yet you only quoted the first part and not the second for balance.

Derby

"

And we'll get the rest of it back soon.

Derby

Douglas Hurd, Foreign Minister, Feb 7 1992, the day we signed the Maastricht Treaty.

I think that's called a joke."

And possibly a very good example of "many a true word said in jest"

Widnes

And we'll get the rest of it back soon."

Technically if we're not paying anything then we can't get any rebate either.

Widnes

I think that's called a joke.

And possibly a very good example of "many a true word said in jest""

I doubt very much that no one read the treaty.

Widnes

And yet you only quoted the first part and not the second for balance."

I wasn't setting out to be balanced but, just for you, here's a link to the full speech.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3562258/Full-text-of-Margaret-Thatchers-speech-to-the-College-of-Europe-The-Bruges-Speech.html

If you read it all it's not nearly as anti EC/EU as many, especially in the Bruges Group, would have people believe.

Derby

I wasn't setting out to be balanced but, just for you, here's a link to the full speech.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3562258/Full-text-of-Margaret-Thatchers-speech-to-the-College-of-Europe-The-Bruges-Speech.html

If you read it all it's not nearly as anti EC/EU as many, especially in the Bruges Group, would have people believe.

"

And not nearly so pro-EU as you would have us believe either.

Widnes

And not nearly so pro-EU as you would have us believe either."

I wouldn't have you believe that Margaret Thatcher was anything more or less than a pragmatic Eurosceptic but that's not the same as the Europhobes behind BREXIT now. Bruges was about the future direction of the EC/EU, a call, in the same vein as Charles de Gaulle's, for a union of sovereign nations working together. It was never a call for the UK to leave.

» Add a new message to this topic